Board index » Present Evidence » Present Evidence

Page 1 of 1[ 4 posts ]

A Phoenix Wright Gravity Falls CrossoverTopic%20Title

The law is full of contradictions.

Hey everyone, long time no see. While I really wanted to do my fan series of cases. I feel it would bother me to do so with a new game coming out. So I decided to do something simpler and probably more achievable. I’m going to be doing a crossover between Ace Attorney and Gravity Falls. Why Gravity Falls, instead of something like Steven Universe or Adventure Time. Well, there are multiple reasons for this. First of which is where they exist in their own canon. Dipper and Mabel live in California. Though we often joke about it, (Eat your Hamburgers Apollo) it’s clear the writers wanted Ace Attorney to take place in California in the English version of the game. Since we’re taking the English canon it’s easier to get Phoenix and the twins to both visit Gravity Falls because it’s not that far away from California. Second reason is because of Gravity Falls’s genre and the nature of the show it’self. The series was always steeped in mystery. With weird and paranormal things working their magic around every corner. I can imagine a few amazing scenarios with just that concept alone. Since the characters are used to solving mysteries and seeing atrocities, it’s not hard to imagine them getting their hands dirty with a murder mystery. ESPECIALLY if it hit’s close to home. (Don’t worry I won’t kill off anyone important XD) Third, Gravity Falls is over. This might not seem like a big deal but when doing fan stories it’s essential to get an understanding of where the series is going. Since the series has ended It’s not in the least bit hard to keep the continuity in check. See the thing about fan projects like Turnabout Storm (though incredibly brilliant) it had moments that might confuse some people with it’s lack of continuity with later episodes of the show but instead drew a lot of ideas from the fandom instead. However since the show is over we can draw ideas from the fandom but still keep the continuity strait. And last but not least, because we miss it. We all miss Gravity Falls. We all never wanted that summer to end…but it had to and with it a legacy that will live on in our hearts. Seeing things through to the end. And that’s exactly what I want to do. But I need your help. Here are some things I need in order to make this a possibility.

Background Artists: As good as I am at art…I’m best at people rather than backgrounds. If someone can make Ace Attorney style backgrounds of the Gravity Falls locations that would be great.

Sprite Artists: Again I’m a good artist but there’s only so much I can do alone. The sprites I need are. (In Apollo Justice style sprites please but still GF style art. The characters have to look like themselves.)
Dipper, Mabel, Pacifica, Pacifica’s Mom and Dad, The Grunkles, Wendy, Soos, Gideon, Tad Strange, THE MANY DENIZENS OF GF, The Gnomes, ECT… As well as DD Era sprites in AA style.

You can be as creative as you want! Make sure you make a lot of reactions. After all, court’s full of drama. Each reaction sprite has to be something that fits that character. Like if Mable is sad she’ll hide in sweater town. Or if Wendy gets mad she punches the witness stand making the courtroom shake or something.

Voice Actors: While I plan to do characters like Athena or Maya myself. (We’ll just pretend that GF takes place during DD. That’s the only adjustment I’ll make.) I can not and will not pretend I can do any of the voices in Gravity Falls. (Maybe Wendy but that’s it) I will hold Auditions once I get all the resources ready. I do not want to make the mistake of casting anyone only to make them wait a 100 years just to play a part. I want them to play it when their excitement is fresh so I get good lines. But if you DO want to Audition. I suggest you practice the voice your best at and maybe try a few you’re not sure about. Who knows you might be pleasantly surprised! This way when the Auditions ARE open you’ll know who your going to audition for and are prepared ahead of time.

Musicians: While I can just find fitting music. I would like some original themes. Like for the antagonist (antagonist, not murderer…trust me there is a difference in THIS case) I want there to be some foreboding yet mysterious.That might be hard to find. :/

Editors: Actually there is no need for one. I can edit PW videos pretty damn well on my own. Proof of my talent lies in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGOb6TLaJ0E
I plan to do another one of those soon so keep an eye out. ;)

Last but not least, writer: Again I plan to do this myself…HOWEVER I do need script editors and people to go over it in search of errors or flaws in the story. I need critics and people with experience with Ace Attorney style cases to give me opinions on my writing.

If anyone wants in you just need to ask here on this topic and show me your credentials in the area you want to assist in.

ALL THOSE WHO PARTICIPATE WILL BE CREDITED IN THE CREDITS SEQUENCE OF EACH EPISODE. IF YOU WISH TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS, AND I WILL CREDIT YOU AS ANON.

Thank you for your patience if you read through all that! Have a great summer and let’s hope that we can get this project up and running! :maya:

:UPDATE:

Minor Information

Spoiler:
Case: Turnabout Falls

Victim: Preston Northwest

Client: Stanley Pines

Main Lawyer: Phoenix Wright

Main Prosecutor: Gideon Gleeful

Assistant/s: Mabel and Dipper

Other helpers: Maya, Ford, Athena, Apollo, Pearl, Trucy (Good thing juggling Characters is one of my specialties I have jobs for each of them.)

Major Spoilers
Spoiler:
Client #1: Stanly Pines

Client #2: Mabel Pines

Murderer By Force: Tad Strange

Murderer: Bill Cipher and Quiz (Speaks ONLY in questions. This annoys even Bill at times. Has his own agenda but no one knows what it is.) *Is actually Alternate Future Pacifica.*

Witnesses: Pacifica, Pearl, Quiz, Blendin, Stanly, Mabel, Tad Strange/Bill

(How the murder occurred)
Bill was brought back by Quiz, And took over Tad Strange. Though he wanted to take over Blendin he couldn't because of a metal plate Blendin placed there to keep Bill out in case he ever needed to return to a time where Bill was around. But then his time travel watch was taken by Quiz who gave it to Tad-Bill so he could use it to go back in time to before the Northwest Mansion was built and build a killing machine inside it. (Quiz's idea.) The switch to activate the device was hidden in the Mystery Shack. (Specifically in Mabel's Bed.) Quiz makes it so their original targets (Ford and Stanley) get into the place. Then Tad-Bill activates the trap but runs into a problem Mabel sees him and he needs to explain why he was their in the first place. He activates the device and hides it in Ford's Room. The device activates but nether of the targets gets caught in the trap instead it's Preston Northwest. (Because Quiz changed the targets)

(How Phoenix visits Gravity Falls)

Phoenix Defended Mabel and Dipper's Mother in court recently. (A case that was just a simple matter of
fraud.) To thank him Mabel and Dipper invite Phoenix and the crew to the Northwest Return to Wealth party. For which the invitations seem extremely generous letting each person invite a maximum of 5 people each. They also admit that they think it would be fun hanging out with them.

"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"

Last edited by Ucha Nekome on Mon May 09, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: A Phoenix Wright Gravity Falls CrossoverTopic%20Title

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

So this is gonna be a video series? Why that, as opposed to a fangame.

You also mention that you do art; do you have any references or finished sprites we can see?

Shadowsleuth wrote:
So this is gonna be a video series? Why that, as opposed to a fangame.

You also mention that you do art; do you have any references or finished sprites we can see?

I don't know how to make games and I have advanced video editing software. I don't see why it can't be a video series. Similar to Turnabout Storm only with Gravity Falls. And actually I DO have some sprites I can show you. They are from my previous attempt at a sequel series of videos to DD. But no one really participated. :/ And once Ace Attorney 6 was announced I just figured screw it and gave up on it. This is something less serious and more fun so I feel people will be more willing to join in. Anyways now that that's out of the way here are some of my sprites from that as well as some that I just made for fun. (These are NOT for this project)

As for Gravity Falls sprites I have none. But then again I just started this. This is a notice so that I can gather some people who can do sprites together and get some done. If not I can do them myself. As for backgrounds...my only option is get the production art of the locations and draw over them or get some people who know what their doing when it comes to backgrounds and do them. I can go ether way but again, I don't want to be the only one working on it. I had like three scripts done, very few original sprites, (along with my collections of HUNDREDS of sprites and background art from the games.) And even with all that no one who said they'd help helped. So I'm doing something less ambitious. It's gonna be one case split into five or six videos.

As for references for sprites it's REALLY easy for the GF characters. All you do is type any Gravity Falls characters name in Google search and you most likely will find perfect references for sprites. Their even transparent. Take dipper for example.

You can find tons of images you could use. It's just you'd have to change his hat...That's why I'll be doing him and Wendy's sprites. Once their done I'll show you so that you know what kind of sprites I'm going for. But for now I'm simply asking people to come forward if they want to participate.
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"

I have the premise and story of this crossover ready. I will post it in the first comment. Most of it will be under spoilers. For those who want to be apart of this, they should know the premise. But for those who don't wish to be spoiled I'll leave the most bare bones of information In a spoilers box above the major spoilers.
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Evidence