Board index » Present Evidence » Present Evidence

Page 1 of 1[ 5 posts ]

Need BackgroundsTopic%20Title

So, in my creative writing class I have been writing a case, and might I say, its pretty damn goood. I've hit a wall though, I really want to share it by making it into a case via MECHABOWSER's Case Maker, but I am lacking in sprites, backgrounds mostly. I can use old characters to represent my characters that are made up but I cant make backgrounds. If anyone knows where I can get backgrounds or if someone wants to join the best damn case ever....train(what?), I'd be most appreciative.

Here's the story

Valery Editrian(Shortens to Val Editrian, sounds like valedictorian) played by :chinami: is found at the scene of a murder in a school, the victim, her English teacher Mrs. Shak. The victim was stabbed 4 times all with different weapons, the catch is they are all safety scissors. I've got a good 2 hours of gameplay already written down, and its all planned so ive got a big twist planned.
Characters are
Prosecutor: :godot:
Suspect: :chinami:
Witness: (I'm really not sure) either :maggy: or :uramidn:
the suspects boyfriend :wellington: becomes involved Greg Arias(Gregarious look it up) and of course :sadshoe: will be there.

The biggest things I need before I can start are
1 A classroom background that i can add my evidence too
2 Lockers(i can't really use 1-5 cause there not school lockers)
Characters and stuff would be awesome but are unnessesary

I might actually post some stuff here later tonight so ya'll can actually believe I have a story going
ta ta for now
Re: Need BackgroundsTopic%20Title

Foolish Fool

this should properly be moved to the sprite thread.

I've got a classroom location already made for something a while back, I'll have a look and see if its still in separate layers.

Spoiler:
Dunno if this will be any help, properly needs enlarging/edited

Sorry pal, can't use it. Does anyone know how I can go about getting a background with my specifications, or do you know a good program to make them...? :scratch:

As a human, my axis is blurred.

http://www.panelmonkey.org/backgrounds.php
http://sdb.drshnaps.com/BackgroundsOther.htm

I get the ones I use for my comic from those places. Others I make from screenshots of other games.
: GiantzWaltz | Various Original Works | Happy Backwards :
Disclaimer: I am rarely ever on the forum these days.
If you really need to reach me my DeviantArt account is the best bet.

Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan

I'm not sure it will help make those backgrounds, but I made a mini-guide to making some simple ones.

Spoiler: Step 1
Easy: Take a background from our good site Court Records, I'm using Engarde's Mansion, and paste it into a graphics program or something, I'm using Paint.

Spoiler: Step 2
First off, I would suggest flipping the background horizontally. It can make a background look completely different. (Try Winding Way for example, woah at the change) If you are using paint like me, it's under Image.

Spoiler: Step 3
Copy and Paste something from the current background and put it somewhere else, preferably flipped again. The obvious one is the sofa, but look closer.

Spoiler: Step 4
Now we get to the fun of the eraser. Use the eyedropper tool and right click a part of the wall and use the eraser to delete things off it, I've done pictures.

Spoiler: Step 5
Colour a bit in. Here I made the fireplace on. If you plan on colouring in more....
Yuki Kazahana explaining Advanced Recolour wrote:
I've noticed that most of your recolors consist of only one shade of color. And also, you yourself have said that you haven't gotten the hang of shading yet. I'll give you some advice, a little technique on shading. Give it a try. (Props to my little sister OMGimsuchafangirl for teaching me this.)

First, select the color you want to change (example: red) by left clicking on it with the eyedropper tool. Now, select the eyedropper tool again, and right click on the color you want to replace the original color with (example: blue). Then select the eraser tool. Finally, right click and hold with the eraser, and drag it over the image. MAGICALLY, the only color that will change is the one that you left clicked on with the eyedropper (in this case, red, which will change to blue). Now repeat, replacing darker colors with darker shades of the new color (dark red replaced by dark blue), and lighter colors with lighter shades of the new color (light red replaced by light blue). This is probably the easiest and most useful spriting/recoloring technique I've ever used, and I have passed my knowledge on to you. :edgy:

Spoiler: Step 6
Copy 'n paste something from another background. I lightened the bear up as well.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Evidence