Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony

Page 2 of 5[ 177 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Dance With Me & Sleepy KlavierxEmaTopic%20Title

♥Klavier and Ema fan forever ♥

Quote:
“Yeah, this is a copycat of the Joe Darke murders.”

*gasp!* :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :pealshock: :pealshock: :pealshock: :pealshock: :pealshock:

P.S: WOOT~! 1st second page poster! =D ~!
Million thanks for making this epic siggy, Vickinator! and another million thanks to Nadini for making that awesome avatar

Couples I support? well...
♥Klavier and Ema♥

High Functioning Sociopath

moon_pie! wrote:
Quote:

*gasp!* :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :pealshock: :pealshock: :pealshock: :pealshock: :pealshock:

P.S: WOOT~! 1st second page poster! =D ~!

Wow! :pealshock: I never thought I would have one of my posts go to another page! tee hee :moe-laugh:

Anyway, I typed furiously on this because I was excited about it! I have direction! Yay! LOL And It's out before the end of the week! :pealshock:
I hope this all makes sense...I don't have a beta reader, but I've read it through a few times...

Here goes...

Spoiler: for 1-5 and saving space
“What were you doing in the Park anyway, Phoenix?” Apollo tapped his forehead thoughtfully. Police were putting crime tape around the area as C.S.I.'s were arriving on the scene.

Phoenix gestured in the direction of the Borscht Bowl. “I was walking home and witnessed a hit and run. I was far away enough that I guess the guy didn't see me after he got out of the car. I was lucky; these people weren't.”

Apollo shivered as he glanced over the five bodies that were scattered about the Park. “But, why were there so many people at the park at this late...early...late hour?”

“Apollo,” Phoenix chuckled condescendingly at the attorney. “You really need to get out more often. People were walking home from the bars and events and such.”

The young attorney blew out a puff of air in frustration. “You didn't happen to catch what he looked like did you?”

Phoenix's eyes glazed over as he turned his head. Apollo hated when that happened. He never knew if the hat-clad man was ignoring him or simply thinking. He realized a couple moments later that Phoenix was listening for something, and that something turned out to be Klavier's hog. Apollo looked up as Klavier expertly maneuvered it, under dim street lights, around the car and the body near the car. He shivered again.

“I saw that he was tallish and he had a white jacket, almost looked like a lab coat, and I saw that he ran that way out of the park.” Phoenix gestured to the exit that was opposite of where Klavier was coming in. “I think he was wearing some weird hat or something. Maybe it was his hair.” He turned back to Apollo.

“Maybe? Phoenix Wright you need to be more precise than that, ja?” Klavier stated as he walked up to the pair. “ What happened here!? Its like a war zone!” He continued as he squinted around the park.

“Klavier, thank you for coming down.” Phoenix adjusted his cap. “Someone needs to contact Ema's sister. Speaking of Ema, you said she was sick?”

“Ja, poor Fraulein was going to walk home in the rain last night. I gave her a ride and she didn't seem very sturdy on her feet, so I stayed with her.” Klavier explained as he looked around him nervously at the five bodies that littered the park.

Apollo raised an eyebrow. “So you think this is related to Ema somehow?”

“Yes, it's very similar to the scene that was described in the SL-9 case that involved the Joe Darke murders.” Phoenix stuck his hands in his sweatshirt pockets as he explained the SL-9 case. “However, I have the feeling that our murderer won't have the guilty conscience that Darke did and turn himself in.”

Apollo swallowed hard when Phoenix finished. “I don't know how one person can just go off and...and...just kill innocent people. I just don't understand what makes a person snap like that.”

Klavier and Phoenix chuckled at the attorney.

“Someday you'll realize that it only takes someone to bump into you on the streets to make you snap. You're just starting out Apollo. There's plenty more where this came from.” Phoenix gestured to the body closest to them.

“Herr Forehead, are you gonna be alright? You look green.” Klavier put a hand on his shoulder.

“Yeah...its not the same seeing it all in person.”

The blond prosecutor clucked at Apollo, then turned to Phoenix. “Well, Phoenix I believe you are our first suspect until we get evidence otherwise.”

“Understood.” Apollo looked at Phoenix incredulously, still amazed at his lack of enthusiasm for law, and life for that matter.

“And I'm going to have to find myself an investigator, ja?”

“Well, if you three clowns would stop your foolish chatter and start looking around, you would see that you have an investigator right here.” The three turned to see a tall, pretty raven-haired woman scowling at them with her arms crossed and tapping her booted foot. Her shoulder-length hair was tied back into a simple ponytail and she was dressed in khaki cargo pants and a matching cargo khaki vest with a dark green long sleeved shirt that set off her clear green eyes.

“Aahh...Fraulein...I am...” Klavier extended his hand as he noted a faint accent in her voice.

“I know who you are, Klavier Gavin.” The woman interrupted. “I hear enough about you through screaming fan girls and Ema Skye.”

“Are you Russian?” Phoenix asked, recognizing the faint accent from working with his boss at Borscht Bowl.

“You are more observant than I thought, Phoenix Wright.” She extended her hand to the man as he shook it. “My name is Nikita Pavlova and I am from St. Petersburg, Russia. You work with my uncle, Konstantin Pavlov.”

“Hmm...I see the resemblance.” Phoenix rubbed his chin.

“Are we done with the family reunion? Can we get on with this?” Klavier had an annoyed look on his face as he looped his thumb through his pants.

'Not used to rejection.' Apollo thought as he chuckled at the rock star.

Nikita raised her eyebrows at Klavier. “Why yes, Mr. Rock Star Prosecutor we ca...”

She was interrupted by Klavier's cell phone. “Hmph...” She mumbled as she turned to talk to Apollo and Phoenix.

“Hello, Ema,” he said after looking at the caller I.D. He had left her cell phone and a note on her bedside table stating to call him in case she woke up and needed anything. The voice on the other end, however was not Ema's.

“Hello, Klavier. How is that murder scene treatin ya?” The voice was calm as Klavier froze.

“Who is this? Where is Ema?”

“Oh Ema's fine...for now. Oh and you know me very well...I've been to several of your concerts and you and Ema have run into me several times at your office. But I know have Ema locked away safe from harm.”

“Wha-...Who the hell is this? What kind of psycho are you?” The other three whispered and turned their heads toward Klavier and watched as he paced.

““Klavier, you should be thanking me for keeping our precious Ema safe from a serial killer, although, at this point, the serial killer is the least of your worries, as you will soon find out.” The voice was cold and detached. It didn't sound automated, but Klavier listened carefully for clues about where the other person could have been. Clues in the persons voice; whether he knew the person or not.

“What the hell do you want?” Klavier said, venom dripping from his voice.

“Ah, yes that's the fiery Klavier that I remember! Listen to me very carefully Gavin and nobody else will get hurt.” The voice laughed and Klavier froze.

“I'm listening.” He practically growled.

By this time, Phoenix, Apollo, and Nikita's attention were completely on Klavier as he listened to the caller explain the situation.

“Oh and there will be a prosecutor landing here in L.A. In a few hours. You will meet him at the airport, no exceptions.”

“How will I know...”

“I will call you in an hour with instructions. Make sure you are alone and away from your...friends. I have someone watching every move you make, so don't do anything funny, like try to find me because you won't be able...”

“Let me speak with Ema.” Klavier interjected.

“You don't want to do that. It'll make everything that much worse when you realize you can't ever see her again!”

“Let me speak with Ema!” Klavier's voice was dripping with anger as he clenched his jaw. Then, he heard a rustling noise and the voice was muffled.

“Who...where am I?”

“Ema listen to me, what do you see around you?” Klavier was slightly relived to hear her voice.

“Mmghnnn...Klavier...where am...I...I can't see...mmggghhnnn....”

“What have you done to her, you sick...”

“Tsk, tsk, tsk...yelling is so unbecoming of you, Klavier, you'll ruin your singing voice! Although I hear you won't be using it for a while.” The voice mocked Klavier as he clenched his jaw. He didn't care about his singing voice anymore, he just wanted Ema back, safe. The voice continued. “I will call in an hour. For Ema's sake, don't be on your phone.” With that the voice ended the conversation. Klavier looked at his phone incredulously and took a deep breath.

“I...Ema...” He stuttered.

“Klavier, what the hell was that about?” Apollo walked up to the prosecutor and put his hand on his arm. He looked at Apollo with fearful eyes.

“Ema's been...Ema has been kidnapped.”

I warned you...I'm a fan of the dramatic story break!

:apollo-shock: :hoboleft: :wall-bang: :ema-shock:

I will go more in depth with my OC later. I have plans for this here fanfiction! :uramidn: I'm not sure when the next part will be out, I need to get the plot out of my head and onto paper...computer! Thanks to everyone who has followed this fanfic and to Princessphilomena for being my muse and inspiration!
"In a world of locked doors, the man with the key is King, and honey, you should see me in a crown!" ~Moriarty~
All my fan-fiction in one complete package!

Last edited by Pearls1975 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

~Vervollkommnung~

*sobs* poor........Ema.........

JK

Great ending, I can't wait to read the next chapter!
"So when you run out of paint, you Americans use gravy as a substitute. I see."- :no-no:
"Welcome back to reality! We've been waiting for you."- :kyouya-pull:

Kristoph~!

so....so......exciting!
can't wait until the next chapter!!! ^^

Thanks Purple Angel =D

~Formerly Phantom Dream

ill start a riot 4 the next part! KEEP GOING, KEEP GOING KEEP GOINGKEEP GOINGKEEP GOINGKEEP GOINGKEEP GOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEPGINKEPGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS EPIC AND MADE OF WIN!
Sad to say, I've left C-R. I may still occasionally come on, but, y'know...
I just lost interest, but, this is still an awesome site.
I'll live on through my sprites, I hope. And my major contributions to the Max fanclub. ^_^
Bye ;_; ^_^

akldfjdakkeepgoingadfkajfd!

hope u can find the HIDDEN message there =O *cough*keep going *cough* :yuusaku: :adrian: :yogi:
Million thanks for making this epic siggy, Vickinator! and another million thanks to Nadini for making that awesome avatar

♥Klavier and Ema♥

GDM wrote:
*sobs* poor........Ema.........

JK

Great ending, I can't wait to read the next chapter!

:pearl-blush: Thanks for the kind words!

eulogy7x wrote:
so....so......exciting!
can't wait until the next chapter!!! ^^

:pearly: Yay! I'm just getting my feet wet with the murder/suspence/action stuff. I'm glad this is translating well outside my head! (that sounds weird!)

FURUBA_whoo_daphne wrote:
ill start a riot 4 the next part! KEEP GOING, KEEP GOING KEEP GOINGKEEP GOINGKEEP GOINGKEEP GOINGKEEP GOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEEPGOINGKEPGINKEPGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS EPIC AND MADE OF WIN!

moon_pie! wrote:
akldfjdakkeepgoingadfkajfd!

hope u can find the HIDDEN message there =O *cough*keep going *cough* :yuusaku: :adrian: :yogi:

:pearl-blush: :pearly: :pearl-blush: :pearly: :pearl:

The next part should be out of my head soon. It makes perfect sense in my head, I just can't get it to come out and make sense.... :yuusaku:

Thank you so much for reading and following my story! Your kind words and ecouragement help alot!! And thanks for being patient with updates!
"In a world of locked doors, the man with the key is King, and honey, you should see me in a crown!" ~Moriarty~

~Vervollkommnung~

Ok, sounds good!

I can't wait! :kyouya-pull: / :yummy: = <3
"So when you run out of paint, you Americans use gravy as a substitute. I see."- :no-no:

The creative gears must be greased because this is coming to me easier than I thought!

So, the next few chapters are events leading up to the kidnapping.

Sorry this is short. :yuusaku:

Not Beta read.

You might want to go back and read the previous chapter...I changed the description on a certain character... :uramidn:

Spoiler: to save space
February 25th, 2017
Paris France

Ema Skye shivered as a breeze whipped her brown hair into her face. She looked up at the tall brick building that would be her home for an undetermined amount of time. It looked cozy enough; red brick with fancy white trim and concrete stairs leading to a white door. However, as excited as she was to come to Europe, she was scared at the same time. She turned and watched the cab that dropped her off, drive away into the afternoon traffic. Too late to turn back now, she thought. Her boots crunched in the frozen snow as she climbed the steps. She took her crocheted mitten off and rapped on the door. Glancing to her right she saw a nameplate hung next to the door that read 'Mourir'. Ema smiled to herself as she always thought it was a strange coincidence that Solanine, Lana's friend from college, went into the profession she did, medical examiner at the morgue. Suddenly the door flew open and in a flurry of chocolate brown hair and gold bangles and lavender perfume, Solanine had Ema in a bear hug.

“Ema Skye!” Solanine exclaimed in a thick French accent as she let go of the teenager. “You look beautiful. You have blossomed into quite the young lady!”

“Thanks,” Ema blushed as her boots suddenly became interesting.

“Silly girl,” Solanine smiled a wide smile and gestured Ema inside. “Come in before you catch cold out here!”

After an hour of giving Ema the tour of the quaint 4-bedroom house and getting the young girl settled into her room, Solanine went to the kitchen to make tea as Ema wandered into the living room adjacent to the kitchen. She gazed over the books in the bookshelves on the far wall and instantly fell in love. Medical books and books on investigative techniques and everything in between were packed into the two bookshelves. Her eye fell on a couple of pictures that were on a side table that was between the couch and the bookshelves. Ema picked up one picture and recognized the happy couple instantly. It was Solanine and her investigator husband posed on a rock cliff somewhere. Ema noted the date was a year before he had died, ironically, in a rock climbing accident. That was 8 years ago. Around the same time her parents died.

She picked up the next picture and almost dropped it when a voice behind her startled her.

“That's me and Sola a year ago.” Ema turned and saw the same handsome young man that was smiling in the second picture, standing in the living room with her. He had bright blue eyes and dark raven hair that was tied back loosely in a ponytail. He was wearing a green military issued jacket and a black t-shirt underneath, with torn blue jeans and worn out black Doc Martens. Ema was instantly attracted, and at the same time the hair on the back of her neck stood up.

“Uh, hi I'm ...” Ema started but Sola interrupted.

“Ah, Core, you're home!” Sola kissed him on the cheek as he groaned. “Ema this is my foster son, Corvin. Core, this is Ema, Lana Skye's little sister, the one I told you about that will be staying with us. You two are going to get along famously! Now sit! Let's get acquainted!” Sola gestured for them to sit.

Ema listened as Sola explained that her and her husband started the foster arrangements long before he died and they were approved. It was pure coincidence that Corvin arrived the day after her husbands funeral, saying that his previous foster dad had passed as well.

“So, where are you from? Your accent is definitely not French.” Ema asked as she took a sip of tea.

“I am originally from Russia.” Corvin responded, fiddling with a pen he had picked up from the coffee table that was between them and Sola. “I spent the first five years of my life in Krohnstadt, a tiny suburb of St. Petersburg, and then another five or so years in America, in and around New York, and now here in Paris.”

“Oui, I call him my little world traveler.” Sola's smile lit up the room and Corvin returned it. Ema felt her heart flutter as she ducked her head and sipped on her tea.

Okay, so feel free to correct any mistakes on names and places

Mourir= to die off in French
Corvin= Corvis is latin for Raven
Solanine=the poison found in nightshade plants

I am the Objector.

I don't come here for a couple days and WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Updates!!!!

Er... yeah... I got carried away...

But anyway, all of the updates are good! And
moon_pie! wrote:

That is one of the greatest lines I have ever heard. Well, in context.

I didn't quote it from the 'original source' but I couldn't find it...
Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried to close a revolving door.
"Suspense msuic plays" Oh crap, SAVESAVESAVE! Oh wait, that's my phone. And the caller ID is... MOM!?
"Cornered music plays"
Oh, ****

~Vervollkommnung~

Your OC's are really well done!
Love the story so far!

Last edited by GDM on Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GDM wrote:
Your OC are really well done!
Love the story so far!

I'm glad that you like the OC's. I'm going to try to draw Corvin so I can define his character a little more. We'll see how ambitious I get.
I changed my mind and decidedto use the next couple chapters to show how Ema's life in Paris fits into the PW timeline. I hope I don't lose readership with this...

Spoiler: for JFA
Ema spent the next few months acquainting herself with Paris and its citizens with the help of Corvin and Sola. Ema enrolled in most of the same classes that Corvin was taking, even though he was a year older than her, to complete her high school education. Between that and her house-mates speaking fluent French around her, Ema learned very quickly how to speak the native language. On her weekends off, Sola would take her to schools and campuses that specialized in forensic science.

Corvin and Ema got along famously, just as Sola had predicted. Even the strange feeling that Ema had when she first met Corvin went away after the first couple months. He was a complete gentleman and she even got along with most of his friends. When she settled into her school routine, she started making friends of her own. That's when she started hearing harsh rumors that were going around about Corvin. Because of his dark looks and demeanor, most of the rumors were centered around Gothic references and weird sacrificial acts that Ema completely laughed off. However there was one rumor that bothered her, a rumor of murder, but she couldn't get a straight story from anyone. Not knowing how Corvin would react if she asked him, she decided to keep it to herself until she was more informed and comfortable in confronting him.

Summer passed and so did the rumors. Summers were everything that Ema expected and read about them in Paris. She spent most of her time on the riverfront exploring the museums with her house mates, or hanging out at the lounges and clubs that Corvin frequented.

September came and brought with it school and a disturbing letter from Lana. In her previous letter, Ema had asked Lana to inquire about Phoenix, telling her that she had written him several letters, with only one response.

“What?!” Ema exclaimed. She was sitting across from Corvin at a table outside their normal cafe. The patrons around her glared at her briefly, but then went about their business. Corvin smirked as he folded his laptop down. His homework would have to wait.

“Bad news from across the pond?” He asked, taking a drink of his coffee.

“I-I never realized...” Ema's eyes were watery when she looked up at the dark haired man.

“Ahh...neither did I?” He said slowly not knowing how to console her, toying nervously with the collar of his black, worn leather jacket.

“I'm sorry,” She played with the corner of the letter. “One of my...i guess you would call him a friend...is missing. Do you remember when I told you about Lana's case and how I helped the defense attorney, Phoenix Wright, get her off murder charges? Well, the prosecution for that case, Miles Edgeworth has gone missing, at least that's what my sister thinks. Phoenix thinks … hes dead.”

“Wow,” Corvin's blue eyes widened. “That's two very different assumptions. Why does Phoenix think he's dead?”

“A note that Miles had left,” Ema paused and read the letter again. “'Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth chooses death.'”

“And why does your sister think he's just missing, and not dead, like the note says?” Corvin absently flipped his pen between his fingers

“Because she says she has received a letter from him, recently, with a return address of … Paris...” Ema paused again to read the letter. “I can't believe he's here. He's been in Paris this whole time and I didn't know...”

“Ema,” Corvin reached over and covered her hand with his. “Paris is... a large city. He could be anywhere. He could've left the city already.”

“No, he's still here.” Her blue eyes were bright with determination. Corvin had known Ema long enough to know that meant she had a mission, and she wasn't going to stop until she completed it. “The letter that Lana received was postmarked two days ago, from this district. Here, let me see your laptop.” She grabbed it before he could stop her.

“But Ema,” He looked around the device at her. “Its four in the afternoon. He could be out of Paris, he could be on a flight...”

“Aha!” She interrupted as she turned the laptop to face him. There on the screen was a small picture of Miles Edgeworth and a small blurb about his 'prosecuting skills in Germany and how he wanted to put everything that happened in America behind him and start over in Europe.' Corvin read on. 'His love of classical music has brought him to Paris, and he feels that the piece he's introducing this evening, Mozart's Requiem Mass, fits his current life situation perfectly.'

Corvin sighed in defeat. He really just wanted to spend quality time with Ema. The more he learned and the more time he spent with her left him intrigued and wanting more. He had never met a girl with such an open mind and as smart as Ema and if it meant yawning his way through a symphony on a Friday night, just to spend time with her, then so be it.

Three hours later, Ema and Corvin were dressed in their best clothes; which for Ema meant a dark navy cotton shirt dress with matching wedges that had ribbons that wrapped around her calves. She sacrificed her usual ratty messenger bag for a bright green and silver clutch. She secretly thanked Sola for making her go shopping with her as she adjusted the cream colored cardigan she was wearing over the whole ensemble. Ema looped her arm with Corvin who was dressed smartly in dark blue jeans, a dark purple button down shirt with a black blazer over it. He had shiny black Doc Martens on and a black belt with a skull and cross bones buckle. His hair was loose and tousled around his shoulders and he smelled divine. Ema regarded him closely as they found their in the crowded auditorium.

“Quit staring, its unbecoming of a lady.” His smile seemed to light up his whole face as she blushed and ducked her head.

The auditorium lights went down and shivers went up Ema's back as the curtain rose. She loved classical music ever since her sister took her to her first concert at age five. The other reason for the shivers was standing behind a microphone in a magenta suit and black vest and frills around his neck. The stage lights danced off of his silver hair as he spoke eloquently and precisely, just the way Ema remembered. The only thing missing was the passion and Phoenix Wright countering his objections. She sighed deeply when his introduction was done and made note of where he went after he left the stage. Corvin chuckled at her sigh and put his arm around her and she leaned against his shoulder.

An hour and a half later the lights went up, signaling intermission and Ema stood up to look for Edgeworth. As soon as she spotted him she grabbed Corvin's wrist and dragged him, protesting the whole way.

Miles was talking to an older man as Ema walked up behind him. She waited politely for a pause in their conversation and put a hand on his shoulder. He did a double take at her and blinked.

“E-Ema Skye?” He gave her a puzzled look.

“I can't believe you're here in Paris, Miles.” She gave him a hug, that he returned hesitantly.

“My, my Ema don't you look beautiful.” Miles said when she let him go. “H-how did you find me?”

“The Internet is an amazing thing my friend.” Corvin was flipping a clove nervously between his fingers. Ema threw him a confused look.

“Uh, Miles this is my good friend Corvin. Corvin this is Miles Edgeworth.”

“Nice to finally meet you.” Corvin said as he shook Miles's hand. “You're all Ema's talked about all day.” He then gestured with the clove. “Now, if you'll excuse me...when in Rome...” Then he walked off.

“Intriguing young man.” Miles crossed his arms as he watched Corvin walk away. “However, he doesn't seem your type.”

“Oh, heh...we're not dating. I'm staying with him and his mother while I'm here in Paris. His mother is an old friend of Lana's.” Ema said as she nervously played with the clasp of her clutch. Miles put a hand on hers to stop her and gave her a serious look.

“Is that how you found me?”

“I, ah...yes.” Ema stammered. “I originally wrote Lana asking her about Phoenix, since I had only heard from him one time.” Ema felt Miles tense up at the mention of Phoenix.

“What did she say about Phoenix?” He asked slowly.

Ema drew in a sharp breath. “He...” She paused, not sure if she should tell him the truth. 'The truth will set you free, Ema.' Her sisters words echoed in her mind.

“He thinks you are dead.” Ema watched as a small smile tugged at the corners of Miles's mouth.

“Good.” He said after a long pause. “Good, Its for his own good. He'll realize soon enough that I had to do what I did in order to find myself.”

“And, have you, Miles Edgeworth, found yourself?” Ema looked up at him.

“Yes. After much contemplation, I have.” Miles crossed his arms. “I wrote your sister to thank her after I realized what she meant, about working as a team to get true justice.”

Ema put her hand on Miles's arm and smiled up at him. “I hope you don't plan on leaving Phoenix in the dark forever about your true whereabouts. Lana said he was pretty troubled by everything.”

Miles looked away and tensed up again. “I-I don't know what to say to that. Phoenix...brings out a lot of...feelings that I never knew I had for one person.” He paused. “There's a lot of unresolved feelings that I probably never will get over. But thats my problem, and you don't need to hear about that.”

Ema's eyebrows shot up in surprise as the lights blinked signaling the end of intermission.

“I hope that you can go back to the states soon and talk things over with Phoenix. You two make a great team.” She gave Miles a hug.

“Thank you, Ema.” He whispered into her ear. This time he returned her hug.

“For what?” She asked as she pulled back.

“For finding me.” He smiled and walked away.

Ema let out the breath she didn't realize she was holding. She looked around and saw Corvin standing at the exit near their seat, his arms crossed and a dark look on his face. He had watched most of the exchange, and clenched his jaw in anger when Ema hugged Miles.

:pearl:

yay, this is brilliant!
i only just read this story, and so far it's great! i can't wait for more!
i'm always torn between klavema and emapollo, but this story makes me really love klavema!! <3
i can't wait to find out more about corvin, it's gotten really interesting!!! i love your idea of writing about ema while she's in paris!
anyway...... PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEWRITESOMEMORE ... but please don't feel pressured of course!!!
=) xxx :yummy:

~Vervollkommnung~

hehe, pretty much what kitty_sneeze said. Please write more! Great chapter!

GDM wrote:
hehe, pretty much what kitty_sneeze said. Please write more! Great chapter!

kitty_sneeze wrote:
yay, this is brilliant!
i only just read this story, and so far it's great! i can't wait for more!
i'm always torn between klavema and emapollo, but this story makes me really love klavema!! <3
i can't wait to find out more about corvin, it's gotten really interesting!!! i love your idea of writing about ema while she's in paris!
anyway...... PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEWRITESOMEMORE ... but please don't feel pressured of course!!!
=) xxx :yummy:

:sassy: Thanks! I'm glad you guys are enjoying this as much as I am writing it! I have a grasp on what Corvin looks like in my mind.

Spoiler: saving space
Ben Barnes from "Prince Caspian"....imagine him with bright blue eyes...yummy! LOL Although, I really do like the piercing black eyes... :think:

Anyway, someone makes an appearance in the next couple chapters...I absolutely could not say no to them....

Enjoy!

Spoiler: for 3-3 and saving space
The rest of the evening passed in tense silence. When they arrived home Corvin mumbled a good night, and Ema almost stopped him, but thought better of it. 'Maybe he'll be in a better mood tomorrow.' She thought as she climbed the stairs to her room.
Ema sighed heavily as she started to sit on her bed. Standing quickly, she turned her bedside lamp on and spied a lump under the covers. She hesitated, hearing stories of people finding large spiders and weird animals in their beds, but quickly dismissed the idea. She chuckled as she threw back her covers. A small stuffed teddy bear was smiling up at her. It was the same one that Corvin won at the street carnival a couple days ago. She had wondered what had happened to it...

Going through her usual evening routine, she thought over the days events. She could admit to herself that she was a little more than smitten with Corvin. She had never met anyone like him before, mysterious, and confident and...sexy, with his intelligent blue eyes and she was sure his hair was soft if she had the chance to run her hand through his hair...'But his attitude tonight, it was like talking to two different people...' She stared at herself in the mirror, she was pretty wasn't she? Would she even have a chance with a guy like him?

“Ugh...” She said aloud as she chucked her toothbrush at the mirror. “Who am I kidding...”

She padded her way back to her bedroom and stuck her tongue out at Corvin's door as she walked by. 'Why do boys have to be so confusing?'

Ema dug through her worn out messenger bag and found her iPod. Putting the earphones in her ears, she settled into the bed and found a local news channel through the radio. Her brow furrowed as she listened to the voice deliver the evenings news.

“Karsten Gavin, a well respected prosecuting attorney was shot and pronounced dead at the scene early this evening during intermission of the Grand Mass Concert at the Auditorium. The Killer left a calling card, literally leaving a Rook card over the victims heart. French police have released a statement saying that this is similar to the previous murders that involved a Rook card, but have not confirmed that it is actually him. The BlackBird killer, as he has been dubbed, has two victims in Russia; one in St. Petersburg, one in Moscow, one victim in Stuttgart, Germany and now two victims here in Paris, France, which makes Karsten Gavin the fifth victim over seven years.”

Ema woke with a start. Disorientated she looked around and found that she was in her sisters office. She had fallen asleep listening to the small radio that sat on Lana's desk. She reached over and turned it off. The thunderstorm outside had escalated in the last hour and she started as the thunder shook the windows in the large office. She shivered as she looked around and her eyes fell on the large pipe organ Gant kept in the office. Oh, the many times she longed to play just one note. Ema repressed the urge as lightning filled the room and the lights suddenly went out. The young woman grasped the edge of the desk as she tried to get her bearings. The only sounds she heard were faint traffic noises from the street below and her own shaky breathing. Nervously, she adjusted her glasses and slowly stood up. She had been in her sisters office many times to know about where things were. It was still scary, especially when lightning struck and threw crazy shadows across the floor.

She heard him before she saw him; his labored breathing and shoes sliding on the slick floors signaled that she was suddenly not alone in the room. She froze as another flash of lightning revealed her position. He was looking right at her, his beady black eyes seem to bore a hole in her soul. The shoes tip tapping and the labored breathing came closer to her as she ducked under the desk.

A rumble of thunder and a flash of lightning.

Then...silence...

The darkness closed in on her...

“Ema...”

She sat straight up and tried to orient herself. She brushed her hair out of her face and looked over at her alarm clock on her side table. 8:09 am. The September sun was peeking its way through the light blue curtains Sola let her pick out shortly after she moved in. She took a deep breath and was going to settle back in, when something on her dresser caught her eye. Ema's teeth chattered as her barefeet touched the hardwood floors.

It was a flower. 'A Stargazer Lily for you.' The note attached read. 'I'm not very good at apologies, or confrontation. A friends band is just getting their feet wet and I promised I would help them. I hope you think of me at least once or twice while I'm away. Yours, Corvin.' Ema gazed at the delicate patterns and the beautiful light burgundy color of the flower. She had the feeling she was going to think of him more than once or twice.

And she was right. Winter and Christmas were festive in Paris, especially with Sola and her friends. She constantly found herself thinking or reading things that Corvin would find amusing. She would turn to tell it to Corvin and he wouldn't be there. She didn't sulk, however. She refused to believe that she had feelings deeper than friendship for Corvin. She talked to her friends and wrote her sister about her feelings and they all had one conclusion. She was twitterpated, as one friend so eloquently put it.

During this time, the BlackBird Killer had struck again, this time in Germany. Ema, in her twisted way, decided to do her exit report on the BlackBird Killer, and focused her attentions on the research for that.

At the end of March, she received a letter from Miles, telling her about his return to the states. He had returned at the end of December and laid low, enjoying the off time. The opportunity finally presented itself for him to make his presence known to Phoenix during one of his investigations of the case of state vs. Engarde. Ema took it upon herself to research the Engarde case, finding the similarities of Shelly de Killer to the BlackBird Killer very eerie.

Ema read on in the letter about how he had helped Phoenix on his own journey to find out what it means to him to be a lawyer. She wrote back, telling him that she was happy for him and also telling him about her feelings for Corvin. A few days later she received a letter from Phoenix stating that he was the happiest he had been in his whole life. Miles had returned and they finally expressed their true feelings for each other. She smiled at the end of the letter as she read a blurb that Miles included: 'Ema, you can't fight your feelings, you are infatuated with the boy. Be careful, please. I didn't get a good feeling from him, but you are a Skye, and they are known for their smarts!' She folded the letter and tucked in the shoe box she kept for her correspondence.

June came in with rainy humid days. Ema sat on the covered back porch listening to the rain and researching schools. After having many late night discussions with Sola, she made up her mind to go into forensics.

“How come you aren't considering any schools in the states?” Sola asked as she read over her shoulder. She then set down two cups on the little table that Ema had her laptop on and sat across from her. “You are eighteen now, Ema, you don't have to stay in France, or Europe for that matter.”

Ema placed her finger on her chin thoughtfully. “I actually have researched some schools over there. But they don't seem to have the in-depth study or charisma as the schools here.” She smiled over at Sola. “Besides, I really like it here. I've grown quite attached to you and Corvin.”

“I think you are quite smitten with Corvin, more than you let on!” Sola said before taking a sip of her iced coffee.

“Whose smitten with me?” The voice gave Ema a start as she whipped around and saw Corvin leaning casually against the door frame, a guitar case in hand. Ema tried unsuccessfully to hide the smile that came to her lips.

“Well, don't I get a hug at least!?” He extended his arms and she hopped out of her seat and into them. He chuckled. “I knew you'd think of me at least once or twice.”

She pulled away and swatted him. “Quite full of ourselves aren't we?”

“Meh, I just had a feeling.” He shrugged and smirked.

“Hey, Corvin, you have any wi fi access here...oh excuse me!” Ema raised her brows at the young blond-haired man. He was a couple inches taller than Corvin, wearing black cargo pants and a flashy, dark plum, button-down shirt. He had a small silver 'G' hanging around his neck.

“ Klavier Gavin!” Sola's turn as she hopped out of her seat and hugged the young man. “Its so good to see you again, after so many years!” She pulled away and looked at him with sorrowful eyes. “I'm very sorry about what happened to your uncle. He was a good man.”

“Danke, Frau Mourir.”

“On a lighter note, where have you been keeping this handsome young man, Corvin? We don't see him anymore.” Sola ruffled his hair and gestured for him to sit.

Klavier flashed a winning smile and smoothed his hair. Corvin rolled his eyes.

“It's not his fault, ja. I've been busy with my studies and music in Germany. I'm sorry I had to pull your son away, Sola, especially since he has a special someone that he couldn't stop talking about.” Klavier winked at Ema, who was blushing.

“Klavier you really are insufferable aren't you?” Corvin smirked as Klavier took Ema's hand. “Ema this is Klavier Gavin, an old friend that I picked up while I was in Germany for a while. He is going to be a Rock God someday...”

“Uhh..nice to meet you Klavier.” Ema stammered as Klavier kissed her hand. The men were so charming here!

“Prosecutor and Rock God, mind you!” Klavier said as he let go of Ema's hand.
Ema found herself lost in his ocean-blue eyes for a moment.

“Show off!” Corvin chuckled. “You don't have time to check your email anyway, we have to go practice for your next set.”

“Next set?” Ema and Sola said in unison.

“Ack! You didn't tell them?” Klavier looped his thumbs in his pants pockets and shook his head.

“Hmph, I barely had time to breath, let alone call anyone!”

“Corvin and I and Daryan are playing at the auditorium tomorrow night.” Klavier took two tickets out of his pockets and handed one to each woman. “Theres rumors of a couple of talent scouts that are going to be there. Exciting, ja?”

“Well, this should be interesting!” Ema beamed.

:ema-shock:

~Vervollkommnung~

Quote:

Yes, Very interesting!

it
was
awesome

♥Klavier and Ema♥

I am the Objector.

Wait.. Phoenix and Edgeworth are gay...?

Damn it! I hate people do that! (Nothing against your writing, but I HATE gay people [don't ask])

But your writing is good. Now, you just have to explain Edgeworth's non-appearance in AJ, as well as get back to the original kidnapping part of the story, unless these are two separate ones. I really wanna see Phoenix take charge (with his intense face/sprite: You don't know what you're doing. I've dealt with killers before. Leave this to me. And then, like, kick ass.)

but... ugh... gay/yaoi... hate it...

They really need to pair Phoenix and Iris in GS5, just to end the gayness...
Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried to close a revolving door.
"Suspense msuic plays" Oh crap, SAVESAVESAVE! Oh wait, that's my phone. And the caller ID is... MOM!?
"Cornered music plays"
Oh, ****

yay! another brilliant chapter!! XD
that pic is perfect for corvin, its how i imagined him when i was reading your story! so dreamy....! :ema:

The Objector wrote:

AGREED! :beef: :grey:

♥Klavier and Ema♥

The Objector wrote:

Don't forget P/Maya, there's alot of love triangle sh!t going on between the girls.

GDM wrote:
Quote:

Yes, Very interesting!

:sassy:

moon_pie! wrote:
it
was
awesome

:kyouya-pull: YAY!!

The Objector wrote:
Wait.. Phoenix and Edgeworth are gay...?

Damn it! I hate people do that! (Nothing against your writing, but I HATE gay people [don't ask])

But your writing is good. Now, you just have to explain Edgeworth's non-appearance in AJ, as well as get back to the original kidnapping part of the story, unless these are two separate ones. I really wanna see Phoenix take charge (with his intense face/sprite: You don't know what you're doing. I've dealt with killers before. Leave this to me. And then, like, kick ass.)

but... ugh... gay/yaoi... hate it...

:adrian-crunch:
Well, it was just thrown in as an after-thought really! Sooooo.....that's what you noticed out of that chapter?? LOL Its just funny to me since I threw in our glimmerous fop!
Anyway....you are in for a big suprise! :uramidn:
I'm just gettin to the good stuff! This is just leading up to her kidnapping...

kitty_sneeze wrote:
yay! another brilliant chapter!! XD
that pic is perfect for corvin, its how i imagined him when i was reading your story! so dreamy....! :ema:

Thank you very much! I'm glad that you are enjoying my little fanfic! I'm not sure how I stumbled upon that pic, but he is pretty dreamy... :javado:

Another chapter should be up shortly, I have some plot kinks to work out...

I'm also thinking about writing all of this from Corvin's POV....would only be a couple of chapters, but they would be action packed and they would explain alot! Lemme know what y'all think! :lotta-smug:
Re: Dance With Me & Sleepy (updated 03/17/09) KlavierxEmaTopic%20Title

So this next chapter was totally inspired by this picture!

Spoiler: to save space
If you know who to credit, please let me know!

Thank you to everyone for being patient with updates and plot!

:pearl: Enjoy!

Spoiler: mild spoilers for AJ
Ema decided the next time she was invited to a concert she would at least listen to the music that was going to be played! She had nothing against a good rock concert, but she found Klavier's lyrics to be a bit over the top romantic. Nonetheless, the talent scouts were interested and the trio were signed to a small label. They found a small studio in Paris, near the Mourir residence and Ema and Corvin spent all of his spare time together over the summer and most of fall. The album was finished and on the shelves at the end of December.

If there was one thing other than her career that Sola was famous for, it was her fabulous parties, and this one was no exception. She went over the top for a New Years -slash-new release party. A lot of famous faces were there alongside good friends. Ema was introduced to Kristoph Gavin, who was just as charming as his younger brother.

“That charm is only skin deep.” Ema gasped at the voice at her left ear and whipped her head around to see Miles Edgeworth standing next to her. She took him in a bear hug. “Ema, uhh...you're smothering me.”

“Oh my gosh, sorry!” She let go of him and gave him a suspicious look. “Why are you back here? Did you bring Phoenix?”

“No, I'm afraid he couldn't make it,” Miles sighed. Ema opened her mouth to say something when Kristoph interrupted.

“Having problems with his doppelganger?” Kristoph smirked and took off his glasses and cleaned them on the sleeve of his light blue suit jacket.

“Kristoph,” Miles regarded the other cautiously. “It's pleasant to see you. Have you come to give your brother praise or mock him?”

Ema threw a confusing look at both men, not sure who was throwing off more tension.

“Miles,” Kristoph paused and looked at his glasses making sure they were sufficiently clean. “You of all people should know how much I adore my little brother. If he feels the need to keep up this lifestyle, who am I to stop him.”

“Lies do not become you Kristoph, you should know that by now!”

“Lies do not become anyone, do they Fraulein?” Ema jumped at the voice behind her. Klavier was standing there with two wine glasses in his hand, extending one to Ema. She took it and sipped to hide her blushing. Klavier took a drink and put a hand on his brothers shoulder.

“I'm glad you could take time from your busy schedule to come and see me.”

“It is the least I could do.” Ema caught the twinge of sarcasm in Kristoph's voice and wondered what kind of sibling rivalry these two were in. Kristoph continued.

“We are going to see a lot more of each other, however. I am flying back with you to the States.”

Klavier gave his brother a look of surprise. “Well, this is...quite a turn of events, ja?”

“It would do you well to check your messages, Klavier.” Kristoph gave his brother a dark look then turned to Miles. “As much as I would like to relive fond memories, I have some unfinished business to take care of. Ema,” He took Ema's hand and kissed the back of it. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up. “It was lovely to meet you. I hope to talk with you soon.” Klavier and Miles glanced at each other as Ema stared after Kristoph, mouth agape.

“You shouldn't stare, its unbecoming of a lady.” Corvin was suddenly standing in front of Ema and his hand was underneath her chin. She blinked up at him as he smirked at her. “These two giving you a hard time?” He gestured with his wine glass to Klavier and Miles.

“Heh, uhh...no, um actually, we were just...” Ema stammered as Klavier's phone interrupted her. He stepped away to answer it.

“Miles, nice of you to come all this way to attend our little New Years party. I bet Ema was excited to see you?” Corvin put his arm around Ema. Miles was about to answer when Ema interrupted him. She had his blazer pulled back and there, under his left arm was a steely hand gun, nestled in a black holster.

“Corvin?! What...why do you have a gun?”

Corvin took his arm from around Ema and adjusted his jacket over the gun. “Heh, I didn't tell you?” He ran his hand through his hair nervously and glanced over at Miles, whose arms were crossed and tapping his finger on the crook of his arm. Corvin continued when Ema shook her head. “Daryan and I were accepted into the International Affairs department at the American Embassy here in Paris. Daryan's going to America with Klavier. I'm staying here.”

“That's a lot of responsibility for a young man. You must have some pretty good credentials?” Miles asked.

“Well,” Corvin observed his wine glass, then took a hefty drink. “It's only entrance level, and I've received good marks in school. It also helps to have friends in high places. Why do you think I struck up a friendship with Klavier? His family has some higher-ups that carry a lot of weight.”

“I didn't see you at Karsten's funeral?” Miles gestured at Corvin.

“I had … a previous engagement. Namely school.” Corvin dug in his pockets for his cloves and pulled them out. “Listen, Miles, I'm not sure what it is that you have against me, but you better drop it, because I have the feeling we are going to see a lot of each other in the future.” Corvin put his hand on the small of Ema's back and kissed the top of her head. “Now if you'll excuse me...” And walked off.

Ema, blushing furiously, watched him go as Sola approached them.

“I will talk about this with you later.” Miles whispered to Ema and she nodded.

At ten minutes to midnight, Corvin came up behind Ema and wrapped his arms around her. He nuzzled her neck and she leaned against him.

“Mmm...I have a present for you.” He whispered in her ear. She gasped. Sheepishly, she turned around to face him, but found that she couldn't make eye contact.

“I-I uhh...I'm not sure if i'm r-ready for that...” She started to say when Corvin pulled something out of his jacket. Her eyes got big as saucers when she saw it was a smaller version of the gun that he carried. He gave her a confused look.

“Well, really no one is ready for a gun until they've had firearms training and all that. I figured since you are going into forensic science, you might as well learn the basics of owning a gun.” He smiled at her. “Plus, I like to know that you have some sort of protection while I'm gone.”

“G-gone? I ...unhh...” Ema stammered. She put her hand to her head. So much information in so little time. Ema was glad that he couldn't hear her heart thumping against her ribs. Was he saying what she thought he was saying?

“I'm not leaving permanently, or anytime soon.” Corvin continued. “But I have the feeling that my new job will have me traveling a lot. And with this nasty business with that serial killer running amok, I'd feel a lot better if you had some better protection than that empty can of mace that you carry around.”

Ema started to protest about her can of mace (how the heck did he know she carried a can of mace, let alone that it was empty) but Corvin put a finger to her lips. He took her hand and put the gun in it. It wasn't all that heavy in weight, however the implications that this little piece of metal that she held in her hand were heavy on her mind. She had the power to take a human life, if she so choose to. She ran her hand over the gun, feeling its coolness, and noticed something etched into the barrel. She squinted.

'Ema, keep me close to your heart.'

She looked up at Corvin, and licked her lips, not sure what to say.

“I...hope this was okay?” He brushed her hair behind her ear, and held it there. “If you don't want it let me know, I'll keep it...”

“No, I-I … love it!” Her eyes were shining. “No one has ever given me something like this before. I'm speechless.”

Corvin smiled a sexy half smile. “Good, I'm glad.” He leaned closer to her. “Do you know what time it is?”

“No...I...” He cut her off with a soft kiss on her lips.

“It's midnight.” Then kissed her again, this time deeper. She was surprised at first, then wrapped the arm that wasn't holding the gun around his waist as he snaked his hand to the back of her head and cradled it gently. His other arm wrapped around her waist and he slowly dipped her, as she giggled into the kiss. He brought her back up and smiled his heartbreakingly handsome smile as she took a deep breath, his arms still around her.

“Are you okay?” He chuckled at her.

“I..yes! I'm more than okay.” She said breathlessly. “This is gonna be a good year!”

:ema-shock: :rock'n:

Last edited by Pearls1975 on Sun May 17, 2009 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote:
“I..yes! I'm more than okay.” She said breathlessly. “This is gonna be a good year!”

....now im really speechless o.o

♥Klavier and Ema♥

loved it =D what else can i say? it was great! and corvin is so fab =) i think i'm in love with him! i dont care if he carries guns around with him and seems kinda dodgy!!!

~Vervollkommnung~

I like your plot line so far. It seems to really go with the canon story. Keep it up! :kyouya: / :sassy:
Re: Dance With Me & Sleepy (updated 03/19/09) KlavierxEmaTopic%20Title

moon_pie! wrote:
Quote:

....now im really speechless o.o

Hopefully this next part will leave you breathless! :ema-shock:

kitty_sneeze wrote:
loved it =D what else can i say? it was great! and corvin is so fab =) i think i'm in love with him! i dont care if he carries guns around with him and seems kinda dodgy!!!

LOL Who doesn't love a sexy, dodgy gun toter(sp?) Yeah, I already know how I want this fanfiction to end, but its gonna be hard to let go of Corvin...This is by no means the end right here, tho...

GDM wrote:
I like your plot line so far. It seems to really go with the canon story. Keep it up! :kyouya: / :sassy:

This next part has more cannon goodness! :pft:

Spoiler: Huge spoilers for AJ
Date:???? Time:????
Place:????

Stuffy. Stale and very dark. These were the things that Ema took inventory of, since she couldn't see anything. Her hands were bound behind her and she was blindfolded, lying on her side. Whatever she was laying on was soft, but she hadn't moved in a while, and her muscles were getting stiff. She would hear an occasional voice, but could never discern what they were saying, nor could she recognize the voice.

Suddenly she heard a door open, and a hand grabbed her right arm and pulled her into a sitting position.

“I really don't think you want to do that!” Whose voice was that? It seemed to come from in front of her somewhere, and the accent was very distinct...where had she heard that voice...

“Oh yeah,” An object was pressed into her head as she flinched. Her protests caught in her dry throat. This voice was definitely Corvin's.“Take one more step and you'll be watching your precious girl die!” What was with all the hostility? She tried to get her voice to work, but her mouth was so dry. She heard footsteps and the other voice started to say something, but was cut short.

Suddenly everything became white, and she panicked, her breathing was out of control and she struggled against her ropes. Her blindfold had been removed.

Then she heard it. The cocking of a gun, as it was pressed against her head.

“Don't...come any...closer...” Corvins voice was tense and almost, strangled. Ema tried to look up at him, but found that he had a good chunk of her hair in his hand and her movement was restricted.

“Alright, calm down. I don't want anything to happen here.” The other voice was calm, but Ema could hear the fear. She squinted and she could make out a shadow standing some feet in front of her.

Corvin shook her head and yelled, “STOP!” Was he crying? “Don't make me kill her!!”

“You...I'm stopping.”

Ema squeaked again and struggled. The cold steel pressed against her temple, and her blood froze. Her vision was becoming clearer, as the figure started taking shape. All she could make out was blond hair and black pants...

The gun went off.

She will wake up at that point every time.

May 7th, 2019
Paris, France

Ema marked the date in the dream journal she had been keeping ever since the nightmare she had after the symphony. She felt compelled to keep track of her dreams and the day's events leading up to the more frightening ones. This particular dream she'd been having ever since the New Years party, but it had never been that vivid. She knew exactly what triggered it on this date.

Miles and Ema's sister appeared on Sola's doorstep that afternoon like they were just neighbors visiting. Ema was so excited to see her sister, that she had completely forgotten that she was meeting up with Corvin that afternoon to discuss her living situation concerning college. She had finally decided on one, but it was an hour outside of Paris. She wanted this college so bad, but was it worth it giving up her part time job at the city morgue (thanks to Sola), and her cushy city living to small town snobsville? Corvin was going to help her decide over drinks at their usual spot.

Instead, Ema was having tea and catching up.

“Oh, Lana!” Ema couldn't stop smiling. “I don't know what to say! I'm so excited to have you here!”

“Trust me, I'm just as excited to be out of that cell.” Lana threw her a warm smile.

“Ahh...we have some news we want to tell you,” Miles said, a nervous edge to his voice.

“O-Okay,” Ema stuttered as she set down her cup. Lana put a hand on her knee.

“Phoenix...Phoenix Wright was disbarred on the 29th,” Miles took a deep breath. “He...ahhh...was believed to have presented forged evidence during a trial.”

Ema gasped. “What!? No, not Phoenix! I-I don't believe it. H-how...why?”

“Miles, believes it might have been set up,” Lana explained. “But no one knows, no one can find that piece of evidence.”

“Who would do such a thing?”

“I have the feeling that it was Kristoph Gavin, but I have no way to prove either way.” Miles blew out a sharp breath in frustration.

“Wait, Kristoph Gavin? As in the Gavin brothers?”

“Yes, the same.” Lana said after taking a sip of tea. “He's a dirty lawyer...”

“He is the defenses equivalent to Man...my ex-mentor.” Miles interjected. “Anyway, Klavier was prosecutor and called Phoenix on the forgery.”

“That...that...” Ema clenched her fists. “Isn't he supposed to be some sort of rock star?”

“That's a side job, but yes.” Lana stated.

“Glimmerous Fop!” Ema growled as her phone went off. She pulled it out and gasped at the ID. “Oh crap! I was supposed to meet Corvin an hour ago!” She stood up.

“Corvin?” Her sister inquired. A dark look crossed over Miles's face. “Isn't that Solanine's son?”

“Yeah,” Ema said as she dialed his number. “Hi, listen honey, I...” A loud voice could be heard on the other side. Ema just shook her head, “Listen, to me! My sister is in town.” More yelling from the other voice. “Fine.” Ema snapped her phone shut and smiled a weary smile.

“Is...everything ok?” Miles asked.

Ema sat on the couch with a heavy sigh. She explained to them that her and Corvin had decided to become exclusive to one another, and that she thought she had finally found love. She went on to explain that they were going to discuss living arrangements over drinks today.

“Ema, has he proposed to you?” Lana's eyes danced with excitement.

“No, but we've gotten used to spending a lot of time together in this house that we figured we'd get out of Sola's hair.”

“Well,” Lana took her sister's hands in hers. “I am still excited that my little sister has found love.”

“Thank you,” Ema threw her arms around Lana. “I've missed you. Writing letters is not the same. Are you going to be living here?”

“Well, my first idea was to just find a flat anywhere in the are so I could be close to you for a while, but maybe I will just move in with Sola, since you two are moving out!” Lana pushed her hair behind her ear.

They discussed living arrangements and Ema's choice in schools before Corvin came home a half hour later.

“Corvin!” Lana exclaimed as she hugged him. “I can't believe this is the same gangly young man that I saw six years ago?!”

“Lana, good to see you after all this time.” Corvin said as Lana let go. “Ema told me what happened with you and the chief of police. I'm very sorry.”

“Well, the truth was bound to rear its ugly head anyway.” Lana gave a small smile. “Besides, it gave me time to decide on a new profession!”

Corvin nodded at Miles politely as he sat on the couch beside Ema. Lana glanced over at Miles as he returned the nod, catching the tension.

“Well, what is this new direction you've decided to take Lana?” Corvin asked as he put his arm on the back of the couch and played with Ema's hair. She smiled up at him, warmly.

“I've decided to take a couple years and explore Europe with Miles, then look into getting a professorship at a university.”

“With Miles?” Ema's eyebrow shot up in surprise as she glanced up at Miles.

“Yes,” He answered. “I need to be away from the states for a very long time. I know Europe fairly well, so I offered to take your sister around.”

“But what about Phoenix, I thought...”

Miles sighed heavily. “No, he has his own problems that...that I can't help with now.”

Lana went on about how excited she was to explore Europe, but Ema wasn't paying attention. She was thinking about how hurt Phoenix must've been after Miles had left...her mind couldn't wrap around the concept of one person leaving another in their time of need.

That evening marked the first of her vivid nightmares.

:darke: :shelly:

Quote:
Ema squeaked again and struggled. The cold steel pressed against her temple, and her blood froze. Her vision was becoming clearer, as the figure started taking shape. All she could make out was blond hair and black pants...

The gun went off.

HOLY---! :beef:

Quote:
The gun went off. :beef:

u were right i am breathless :beef:

♥Klavier and Ema♥

~Vervollkommnung~

OMG I THINK THAT THIS IS GOING TO BE MY FAVORITE FANFIC!!!!!
Seriously, this is definitely in the top 5.........no, top 2 fanfics I've read. Especially because it's :kyouya: / :sassy: .
Can't wait for another update!!!!!!!!!!!

-Evil-

I am from German, and my Englisch isn't very well... But I read it and i LOVE it! :godot:
Oh, I never read something like this... Fantastic.

Prosecutor wrote:
I am from German, and my Englisch isn't very well... But I read it and i LOVE it! :godot:
Oh, I never read something like this... Fantastic.

GDM wrote:
OMG I THINK THAT THIS IS GOING TO BE MY FAVORITE FANFIC!!!!!
Seriously, this is definitely in the top 5.........no, top 2 fanfics I've read. Especially because it's :kyouya: / :sassy: .
Can't wait for another update!!!!!!!!!!!

:pearl-blush: :adrian:

@prosecutor: I must say that I am extremely flattered that you are enjoying my story and that it's understandable(not sure what I want to say there!) I'm excited that you are from Europe, that way If I have any incorrect references, you can correct them for me!! I've never been to Europe, but I would give my right arm to go! :uramidn:

@GDM: Yay!! I'm very excited that you like my "little' fan fiction! :pearl-blush: It's fun to write about these two, and I promise that there will be more in future chapters!

moon_pie! wrote:
Quote:

The gun went off.

HOLY---! :beef:

Quote:
The gun went off. :beef:

u were right i am breathless :beef:

:garyuu: :kyouya-pull: :sassy:

Once again, I have hit writers block....I know what direction I want to take this, I'm having a tough time getting out of my head and onto paper (into computer?? :keiko: ) Anyway, I hope to have an update up shortly! Thank you for your patience and praise! It's all very encouraging!

-Evil-

@Pearl197
Oh, I love your Fanfic, and so I had to read English... =)
I like Klavier (In German is his name Kantillen xD) and Ema and this Fanfic is fantastic...

I am the Objector.

Pearls1975 wrote:
“I've decided to take a couple years and explore Europe with Miles, then look into getting a professorship at a university.”

“With Miles?” Ema's eyebrow shot up in surprise as she glanced up at Miles.

“Yes,” He answered. “I need to be away from the states for a very long time. I know Europe fairly well, so I offered to take your sister around.”

“But what about Phoenix, I thought...”

Miles sighed heavily. “No, he has his own problems that...that I can't help with now.”

Yay!! Phoenix is not with Edgeworth!!!! WHoooooooohoooooooo!!!

Well, that's probably not how you wanted me to interpret it, but I don't care!!!

But, the NickXEdgeworth pairing is why I absolutely fuc*ing hate Edgeworth...
"Cornered music plays"
Oh, ****

The Objector wrote:

Yay!! Phoenix is not with Edgeworth!!!! WHoooooooohoooooooo!!!

Well, that's probably not how you wanted me to interpret it, but I don't care!!!

But, the NickXEdgeworth pairing is why I absolutely fuc*ing hate Edgeworth...

Awww where's the love for Edgey!? LOL I kinda did that subconsiously and kinda did it for you! Besides, I needed him in Europe for the next part of my fan fic! I'm glad you are enjoying my fanfic, other than the little part with NickWorth! LOL!

Ok, so, this next part takes place a couple years after the last, as you will see by the date. If you have any questions, or are completely and utterly confused (lol which wouldn't suprise me) please feel free to PM me. The next part after this is almost finished and it clears up alot of things. I have some notes at the end of this post that I hope will help.
Spoiler: Saving Space
February 20th, 2021
St. Petersburg, Russia
Mariinsky Theatre

“My goodness that was beautiful!” Lana exclaimed as she and Miles walked out of the theater at the end of Sleeping Beauty. They pulled their coats close to themselves, as the brisk Russian air hit them. Miles smiled and wrapped his arm around the brunette.

“And I can't believe that the Prima Ballerina, Nadja Pavlova is the great, great, great granddaughter of the famous Anna Pavlova.” They had stopped to let the crowd disperse and Lana was reading her program. Miles was pulling on his gloves as he peered over her shoulder.

“Hmm...makes sense, Nadja has the same beautiful features as Anna.”

“Miles, I have to say, this has been the best time of my life. I-” Lana was interrupted by a scream. They looked back toward the theater and a woman was running out of the building screaming, “She's dead, she's dead!!” in Russian. She tripped and fell into the snow and put her hands to her face and started wailing. The small amount of people left in the square were stunned at first, but Miles trotted over to her and knelt beside the hysterical woman. He gently laid a hand on her back and she whipped her head up at him. He winced at her red, teary eyes.

“Who is dead?” Miles asked her quietly, in Russian. Lana and a couple of Russian police were standing next to them.

The woman sniffed, “N-Nadja, Nadja! The BlackBird killer murdered Nadja!” Miles's eyes widened as he looked up at Lana who opened her mouth to say something, when suddenly the guard standing next to her collapsed. She squeaked and jumped away from him, as a pool of red formed in the dirty snow. Miles felt a second bullet whiz by his ear, and immediately turned in the direction the bullet came. On the roof of the theater he spied a dark figure. He heard the second policeman radio something in as the figure threw something to the ground, then ran. The policeman ran inside the building as Miles walked over to where he thought the object had landed. Peeking out of the snow was a card. Looking around, it seemed that no one else had noticed the man had thrown anything. He plucked the card out of the snow, and found that it was attached to a rock, for weight. 'Next time I won't miss!' was scrawled across a Rook card. Thats when he smelled it, the distinct aroma of cloves. The prosecutor tucked everything into his jacket pocket and turned to find Lana standing next to him, wide-eyed.

“Miles, what...?” Her hand was on his arm. Sirens could be heard in the distance.

“We should leave.” He started walking, trying to keep casual, all the while wanting to sprint. “I need to get to the Hotel, to my laptop.”

“What's going on Miles?” Lana looped her arm through the prosecutor's arm.

“If my information is correct and all the pieces fall into place...” Miles took a deep breath at his realization. “I-I just need more information.” This was the one, and only time, he promised himself, that he wouldn't tell Lana the whole truth. He knew who the BlackBird killer was. However it was going to take a solid amount of evidence, and a broken heart to reveal the serial killer's identity.

The next day, Ema heard the news about the murder on her iPod as she was riding the Metro to her classes. Her brow furrowed as she quickly dialed Corvin's number. He was in St. Petersburg as well, much to Ema's chagrin, earning some extra money touring with the Gavineers. No answer. Her panic quickly dispelled as she noted the time on her phone and thought of the time zone difference between Paris and St. Petersburg.

'Heh,' She thought to herself, as she pulled her coat closer to herself. 'He's probably sleeping off his after concert hangover.' Still, she couldn't help but feel uneasy about the situation. Her fears doubled when she received a letter from Miles a couple of days later. She hesitated to open it, as her and Miles had parted on bad terms. He had voiced his feelings about Corvin and she had told him her feelings about what he did to Phoenix. The letter was postmarked from St. Petersburg, however, and sparked concern.

'Who does the boy in the picture look like to you?' She read in the first paragraph and looked closely at the enclosed picture. It was the mugshot of a young man, probably about 13 or 14, that could be good-looking, if it wasn't a mugshot. The boy had deep chocolate colored hair that was styled into a messy faux-hawk. What really caught Ema's attention were the eyes. The same clear blue eyes that had made Ema's hair stand on end when she first met Corvin.

“Oh god!” Ema gasped as she threw the picture. “That can't be Corvin...”

Miles went on in the letter to say that this mugshot was taken in Moscow, as he was accused of attempted murder. There was an article taped to the letter and a name was circled. Karsten Gavin.

'This is more than a coincidence, Ema. This is all the evidence that I can send you for now.'

Ema shook her head and stuffed the picture and letter back into the envelope and was about to toss it, when her phone rang. She took it out of her pocket and looked at the caller ID. Corvin. Goosebumps formed on her skin. She took a deep breath and answered her phone.

Miles sent a similar letter to someone else who had a relative connection to the BlackBird Killer. The person was skeptical, considering their only association with the sender was a couple of social gatherings and his brother in America. His first reaction in reading the letter was to throw it away and forget about it. But the picture and the circumstances surrounding everything was too coincidental. As much as he wanted to follow his prosecuting instincts and declare his friend guilty, another part of him said no, do more research and wait. Little did he know how deep he was going to be involved.

In the past couple years, Miles has done alot of research on the BlackBird killer; hes also used Ema's paper and her research notes as well.(if you look back a couple of chapters you'll know what I'm talking about) He's kinda left Lana and Ema in the dark about his findings because he doesn't want to put the two sisters through more crap than they deserve. (too late for that!! :uramidn: oh and BTW Anna Pavlova was a real Prima Ballarina. It is kind of a coincidence that her last name should coincide with the new investigator that is on the "Copycat Joe Darke" murders. Yes I am making connections...you'll prolly have to go back and reread a few chapters...)
Re: Dance With Me & Sleepy (updated 03/26/09) KlavierxEmaTopic%20Title

~Vervollkommnung~

.......wow.

I think that I am following it.
It is VERY well written and I like how you are connecting everything!

I am the Objector.

Pearls1975 wrote:
Awww where's the love for Edgey!? LOL I kinda did that subconsiously and kinda did it for you! Besides, I needed him in Europe for the next part of my fan fic! I'm glad you are enjoying my fanfic, other than the little part with NickWorth! LOL!

I love you. Well, temporarily, that is. Until Nick and Edgeworth get together again, which it seems they will (unless you do some sort of really weird plot change that equals EdgeworthXLana and PhoenixXIris or PhoenixXMaya, or even EdgeworthXFranziska. That would probably be impossible.)

Nice chapter! I thought the Blackbird killer was what Shelley de Killer was killed in Europe, but I guess not!1 Following, and have been for a while now!
"Cornered music plays"
Oh, ****

are lana and edgeworth together? :pearly: :pearly: :pearly: :pearl-blush:

♥Klavier and Ema♥
Re: Dance With Me & Sleepy (updated 03/28/09) KlavierxEmaTopic%20Title

Tee hee! I'm glad I don't have y'all too confused!

Again thank you for following, I promise we are getting to the climax...just a couple more loose ends to tie up!

Oh, while you are browsing this forum, you should read "Last Light" by L~A....you won't be dissapointed I promise!

Spoiler: mild spoilers for AJ
August 20th, 2022
Versailles, France

Ema waited for the light rain to stop before opening all the windows and patio door to air out and clean the tiny house that her and Corvin had been renting the last two and a half years. It was something she did every two months, especially after it rained. The smell was divine. On this particular day of cleaning, she had come across the letter she had received from Miles. She shivered a little as she noted that the last time she had heard from either Miles or Lana was a year and a half ago. Between her studies and part time job and constantly worrying about Corvin, she had had little time to herself. She absently set it on the kitchen counter and resumed her cleaning.

Ema turned up her iPod and thought about Lana and how she hadn't expressed any romantic notions about anybody, until about a year into their trip around Europe, Lana had mentioned something about flowers and dinner in Amsterdam. Ema giggled to herself as she straightened the Stargazer Lilies that Corvin had sent to the house yesterday. Her favorite song started and she began to bob her head to the rhythm. Soon she was dancing and singing to the tune, until she spied Klavier Gavin leaning against the front door frame, a devious smirk on his face.

“What the hell are you doing here?!!” Ema yelled as she ripped the earphones out of her ears.

“Heh, Fraulein, I never realized you had such a smooth singing voice,” Klavier said casually as he played with his hair. “Nor did I realize you were a Gavineers fan!”

“My singing voice has nothing to do with this,” Ema threw down the rag she was cleaning with, then suddenly turned red. Her hands went up to her face. “Oh my god! That's a Gavinners song?”

“Of course, meine leibe!” He flashed a dazzling smile that lit up his whole face. “Who else would have such immaculate lyrics, ja?”

Ema rolled her eyes and put her hand on her hip. “Ugh. How long were you standing there?”

“Long enough to hear your beautiful voice, Fraulein.” Klavier flashed her a devious look. “You should really work on your moves, though. I can help you with that.” He winked.

“Pig,” Ema mumbled as she crossed her arms. “You never answered my question. What the hell are you doing here?”

“Waiting for your boyfriend. We have a gig tomarrow night.” Klavier stepped into the room and picked up a picture of Ema and Corvin that was sitting on the table next to the couch. “Cute, ja...”

“Well, you are going to be waiting for a while,” Ema stepped up to Klavier and ripped the picture out of his hands. “He has business in Germany and I'm not...”

Klavier flinched when the crabby girl grabbed the picture out of his hands. “Business my ass...” He mumbled as he walked past her into the kitchen.

“What!?” Ema was fed up with Klavier and his haughtiness as she followed him into the kitchen. “Listen, I heard what you did to Phoe-” Ema's eyes grew wide as she saw what Klavier was reading. “Put that letter down immediately!”

“Why...” The look on Klavier's face turned dark. “So you know?”

“I know that that isn't Corvin in that picture! That everything that Miles wrote in that letter is pure coincidence!” She swiped for the letter and missed. “What is your problem? Give that to me!”

“Ema,” She stopped her pursuit of the letter when Klavier emphasized her name. “I received a letter similar to this. As much as I know you would like to, we cannot dismiss all of this as coincidence.”

“Miles doesn't even like Corvin! He's doing this because of that fact.”

Klavier put a hand on Ema's arm. “Listen to me Fraulein, I've spoken to Herr Edgeworth since I received my letter...” He paused. “He cares about you and Lana, a lot. He doesn't want to see you hurt.”

“What about you then?” Ema was aware of Klavier's warm hand on her arm and shivered at the closeness. “If you believe that this is Corvin,” She gestured at the picture. “Why are you still hanging out with him?”

“I have a fierce loyalty to my friends and band members.” Klavier leaned back against the kitchen counter and crossed his arms. “Believe me, the prosecutor in me wants nothing more than to turn the guy in.” Klavier decided not to tell her he had been doing some research on his own.

Ema's bottom lip started to tremble as her eyes watered. Then she took a sharp breath. “Well, I-I love him, and I c-can't , no I won't let you turn him in!” She set the frame on the counter a little harder than she meant to and cracked the glass.

“Goddamn it, Klavier,” She let the tears spill over. “Are you trying to ruin everyones lives?”

“I...what are you talking about, Fraulein?” Klavier looked at the crying girl incredulously.

Ema threw a glare at the blond prosecutor. “You ruined Phoenix's life.”

“Fraulein, he presented forged evidence, what was I supposed to do?”

“I..But he would never do that!”

“Nevertheless, I had to do what was just and right.” Klavier touched Ema's hand for emphasis and she looked down at the frame as she wiped her eyes. “Hmm...lets hope that's not an omen...”

“What's an omen?” Corvin asked as he walked into the kitchen, shaking out his his jacket. “And why is the whole house open? It's pouring rain!”

Ema glanced outside as she closed the kitchen window. A storm had brewed outside as her and Klavier were talking.

“Good to see ya, man!” Corvin shook Klavier's hand and clapped him on the arm. “You look really good. The rock star life suits you!”

They had moved into the living room and Klavier's response was interrupted by the door opening and shutting quickly. Ema peeked around the corner from the kitchen and her eyes grew wide at the man that was standing in the doorway. He had a shiny blue leather jacket that had a shark theme to it, black cargo pants and large boots that had shark faces on the toes. However, the wardrobe choice was not what caught Ema's eye. When the man turned his head to face Corvin, he almost hit him with his hair. It was...phallic-like, sticking out about a foot from his forehead, with the ends dyed white.

“Geezus, Daryan!” Corvin said as he ducked. “Your hair is out of control!”

“Heh,” Daryan chuckled. “This is nothin'. I plan on growing this baby out to here!” Daryan gestured three feet from his head. Ema laughed out loud, and Daryan raised an eyebrow at her. “Who's the babe?”

“Don't even think of it, Daryan. She's Corvins, ja.” Klavier elbowed Daryan.

Corvin shook his head. “Hey Ema, you should come and meet the official freak of the band.”

'I wouldn't say official,' Ema thought to herself as she walked into the living room. She glanced over at Klavier as Corvin put his arm around her and kissed the top of her head.

“Nice to meet you, Daryan.” She held her hand out as he gave her a subtle once over with his beady blue eyes.

“Corvin never mentioned what a babe you are!” Daryan took her hand and kissed the back of it. She gave him a smirk. The charm was getting old.

“This charmer here is our American contact whenever we need information. He's a good guy, just a bit, er, eccentric, ja?” Klavier clapped Daryan on the back.

“So, is everyone in your band involved with the law somehow?” Ema asked as she looked from Daryan to Klavier.

“Yep,” Corvin chuckled as he fiddled with a clove. “It's kind of an inside joke! Speaking of, we should get going. The rest of the guys are probably waiting for us.”

Klavier and Daryan walked out, but Ema grabbed Corvin's arm before he walked out.

“Am I ever gonna see you?” She looked up at him with big puppy dog eyes as she wrapped her arms around his waist. “You're never around anymore.”

“Mmm...I know, and I'm sorry, babe.” He tilted her chin up and kissed her softly on the lips. “I promise everything will settle down soon.”

“I hope so. I miss you!” She smiled at him as he patted her on the bum.

“I'll be back tonight.” He kissed her again and a horn sounded outside. “Love you.” As he ran out the door.

That night, Ema woke in a panicked state. Sweat made her hair cling to her face and she had a hard time adjusting to the darkened state of the bedroom. Ema reached over and found Corvin's side of the bed empty. As soon as she got her breathing under control, another feeling came over her, like she was being watched. What little light there was from the streetlight outside, was coming in through the edges of the dark curtains, but it was enough for her to see a shadowy figure standing in the corner of the bedroom. She gasped and drew the cover's up to her chin.

“C-Corvin?” As soon as the name escaped her lips, the shadow morphed into a large black bird and swooped by her face, then out the door.

“Ema...”

She shot up, panicked. Just like in her dreams. This time, Corvin was laying next to her. She looked over to the corner. No shadow.

“Mmm...you okay, milaya moya**?” Corvin's voice was full of sleep.

“I...yeah...I think so...” She tried to calm herself. Corvin sat up and wrapped his arms around her.

“Are you sure? You're very tense.” He whispered into her ear and she shivered.
“Ema, can I ask you something?”

“Mmm...yes?” She moaned as Corvin started to softly rub her shoulders.

“What do you dream about?”

Ema squeezed her eyes shut. “I-I dream about a lot of things.”

“Why do you lie to me?” He whispered darkly into her ear again.

She inhaled sharply before she answered. “I dream about that case...a long time ago...sometimes I see that man in my dreams.” It wasn't a complete lie, however, it had been a while since she had thought about, or even had nightmares about that case.

“Hhmm...” Was all Corvin said before he turned her to face him. She looked up at him and he kissed her softly. Then pulled away and said, “I don't believe you, but someday you will tell me. I trust you.” He sat back and pulled her with him as he kissed her deeply. He ran his hands up her sides as she shivered and melted into him.

:kyouya-pull: "Hmmm...Let's hope that's not an Omen..." :ema-shock:

**is Russian for "my sweet" loosely translated

Last edited by Pearls1975 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Dance With Me & Sleepy (updated 03/28/09) KlavierxEmaTopic%20Title

~Vervollkommnung~

I really like how you tied in your OC (Corvin) with the canon Gavineers band. I can totally picture him up on stage with them! :rock'n:
I like how you included Daryan, too. He always did seem like the "eccentric" one. :pencileraser:
Ema doesn't seem to like Klavier too much now :larry:
But I know that will probably change :will:
Page 2 of 5 [ 177 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony