Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony

Page 1 of 1[ 10 posts ]

Lana Skye: Ace ProsecutorTopic%20Title

This is gonna be an open fanfiction, if enough people are interested, we might even make it into a Ren Py visual novel.
To make it even more interesting, we can change the judge for another one, because in the case of Von Karma, the forged evidence argument was already used.

If I were to make this into a game, I would like it to be darker and more serious than the official games, so the Judge would be a corruptible person, unlike the judge we all know. Furthermore, this Attorney would also do evil things to the witnesses, which in some cases could be the actual victims of the organization.

So here's the basic premise we have so far:

Lana is in her cell, remembering about the past with Damon, that despite all he did, she still has fond memories of the times when they were an unstoppable duo.

In the past there was a Yakuza Organization which both dismatled. Lana being the prosecutor in all the cases related to the organization, while Damon was the detective

The main reason why this organization was still alive was because the defense attorney they had was an extremely corrupt one, so no matter how many people they murdered or how many women they exploited, nothing could stop them

The Attorney could be a graduate from a very prestigious university, from a rich family, and with lots of connections, even inside the police department, of course not including Gant himself.

I want him to have an aura of "You're screwed you can't go against me", the sort of aura both Von Karma and Alba had, but unlike them I want him to be in all of the cases, but with his aura growing with every case: i,e. you beat me once, but now I have this which makes me even harder to beat.

He could easily fix any mistakes he made, resorting to bribing the witnesses, the judge himself or ( to a lesser extent) screwing up with some of the evidence itself.

It provides lots of potential for plot twists: i.e. when you think you have him cornered, yet he somehow destroys your arguments.

I am thinking the first case could be the case of a girl that somehow escapes from the Yakuzas, and whose boyfriend/husband, is killed by the Yakuzas, while helping her escape.

It might be better the cases were related to someone on X level of the Yakuza's hierarchy, thus the first ones involving the not so important members whilst the last one would revolve around the organization's boss.

Furthermore, not all the cases would be murders, some of them could be related to fraud or money laundering, the characters involved of course would have to be more interesting, but that would change the setting of the trials a bit.

There's a basic premise for the first case:

There's a woman who was kidnapped by the Yakuzas, and she somehow ends up contacting his boyfriend for help, he finds her, and helps her escape, however a member of the Yakuza organization finds out, and kills the guy, the woman escapes. The murder weapon is the gun the Yakuza had. However the Yakuza have a liquid that removes the fingerprints from a weapon. He uses it, and then puts the fingerprints of the already dead man. The Scene of the crime will be administrative offices next to the police station, but will be later revealed to actually be the police station itself.

Like I said anyone is welcome to input some ideas; once we have a decent plot we could start programming the case in Ren Py.
Re: Lana Skye: Ace ProsecutorTopic%20Title

Troll, may I cross your bridge?

Ooh, shiny. This seems interesting; I would love to cooperate.

These are the new possibilities I have been thinking about:

Resorting to psychological disorders to develop certain characters, I want a member of the Yakuza to start behaving like if he had a mental disorder, particularly Schizophrenia, claiming he can see spirits, blaming the spirits of the murder case, then Lana requesting the help of the Fey family to solve this particular issue.

Another character could have histrionic personality disorder, particularly the wife of the Yakuzas' boss, so she participates in a beauty contest but the judges decide the give the prize to another woman; enraged she starts a killing spree.

I want one of the witnesses to have multiple personality disorder, so when you ask her about the case, she says something, whilst saying something completely different during the trial.

And at last but not least I want a character to have antisocial personality disorder; this is more than obvious, characters with this disorder are nothing short of awesome (think of Dahlia for example).

Troll, may I cross your bridge?

The problem with writing characters with mental disorders is that people can and will get very offended if we don't play it the right way. We'd need to thoroughly research each one.

As a side note, Shelly de Killer should totally be a witness.

I think it disorders could be used as basic elements of that character's traits. Not something that's mentioned during the dialogues, but something the character displays.

Look at Larry for example, he has so many disorders, yet none of them are actually mentioned, they just show up.

I don't think you should worry too much about who gets offended by mental illnesses (Or anything else, for that matter). Worry more about making what you wanna make, do better than your best.

You could always include some sort of disclaimer if you plan on having characters with illnesses that may offend some people. A witness with dissociative identity disorder could make for an interesting witness, as you said, though you would have to write the crime an the character well to make it work. Also you should probably research laws regarding mentally ill peple witnessing/committing crimes, I know it's AA but some realism with this issues would be nice.
Signature loading, please wait...

cesar26100 wrote:
You could always include some sort of disclaimer if you plan on having characters with illnesses that may offend some people. A witness with dissociative identity disorder could make for an interesting witness, as you said, though you would have to write the crime an the character well to make it work. Also you should probably research laws regarding mentally ill peple witnessing/committing crimes, I know it's AA but some realism with this issues would be nice.

Yeah fear not, I am actually reading a lot regarding the subject.
http://www.amazon.com/Criminal-Psycholo ... psychology

I have been reading this to develop the dialogues better even, according to criminal psychology there are ways to properly ask questions.

Regarding the legality, I am not sure whether to consider the japanese laws or the american ones, however.

I have been developing the plot a little bit more; I will come up with more as soon as I have the time.

P.S. these names are placeholders, once I do a deeper research or come up with more clever names, I will change them accordingly

The first witness of the case
Charity Grace
Charity Grace was a local woman who lived with her husband, they were a happy couple, although young, she was 24 and he was 26 during the time of the murder.
Charity Grace and her husband Etan Grace, had just married.

The events of the crime

Months later after her marriage while coming back from a mall, she was kidnapped, it was a planned kidnapping, although it didn't involve Charity as the main target.The yakuzas involved, were waiting for a perfect prey. The reason why she was kidnapped was to force her into prostitution, they forced Charity to enter a car they had nearby, while Etan tried to stop them, they were far stronger than him so it was no use, Etan was beaten by the two Yakuzas, from the black lotus.

He tried to inform the police, he was told to wait for a response, that the police would be searching for her. Etan didn’t know anything about the organization itself, because the japanese were clever enough to only work in an area with many japanese.

After 2 months waiting for the response from the police department, he got fed up and started looking for external help. He requested the aid of a private detective to search for Charity, but unfortunately he disappeared after two weeks. The reasons why are still unknown to this day.

Luckily for him, a week after the private detective disappeared, during the night, he received a call from Charity. Charity was crying and her voice was shaky. The person in charge of the prostitutes, didn´t lock the door to the women’s room correctly. While everyone was sleeping, she took his cellphone and as quietly as she could explained Etan where she was. Etan got there within an hour, he didn’t call the police, because he was fed up of their lack of interest. Etan chose to take a small weapon he had kept for self defense.

Haruki, the Yakuza in charge of the women, woke up, Charity sweet talked to the Haruki, receiving nothing but insults in exchange, but convincing him to open the door where she was after a while.

She started asking him if there were ways for her to improve her situation, that maybe she could make him some favors in exchange of a better treatment.

He opened the door somewhat interested. However after a while he hit her; it didn’t matter to her, she took the keys without him noticing. Haruki locked her again and went to sleep in a chair, not realizing Charity took the keys. Once she thought he was asleep, she left the area, Etan was looking for her outside. Unfortunately, due to the limited time they spoke through the phone, she wasn’t able to tell her exactly where they kept her against her will was.

Happy Etan had found her, ran towards her and hugged her, however neither of them knew Haruki woke up.
He shoot Etan in the head, killing him with a single bullet. He didn’t really cared about being noticed, because he knew the black lotus would take care of the rest, Charity ran away, Haruki only managed to shoot her in the shoulder, not being able to kill her, just leaving wounds.

No one noticed, but there was a journalist that very night, who took a photography of the crime; a blurry one however.

He reported it to the newspaper he worked on, so for the first time in a while, there was a witness the black lotus did not have control over. The picture was on the newspapers.

Despite Haruki knew the black lotus got him covered, he nevertheless cleaned his own fingerprints and put Etan’s. He also took the gun Etan had from the scene of the crime.

And so, it was time for the Black lotus to use what usually was their last resort, the well educated and corrupt attorney, named Daichi Hayabusa.

The second witness of the crime
Chase Becker: A sensationalist crime news journalist. Looking always for the best story. He will do anything to get readers. He was at the scene of the crime, looking for something amusing to report, there was rain during that night, so the shot he took of the crime was far from remarkable. Nevertheless he used this photograph to create yet another fake story for the cover page. According to his sensationalist story, Etan was Charity's lover, both arranged a meeting near the administration offices, but Haruki, actually knew their plans, so he went there to kill Etan.

The blurry photo was good enough for the general public, it was focused on Etan, hugging Charity while being shot.

The third witness of the crime
Lili Young. 9 years old. She went with her mother to buy clothing, however her mother got distracted, and Lili got lost, no one else in the scene of the crime knew she was there. She was scared trying to find her mother, when she heard a loud bang, barely saw when Etan Fell. She saw Haruki shooting at Charity. Due to her age, she suffered a severe psychological trauma, being unable to recall what actually happened during the day of the crime. She suppresed those memories of the crime, and changed several details of it, according to her modified memories, Etan Haruki and Charity were all playing dodgeball

The girl named Lili Young was unaware of the changes she had made to the actual events during the crime.

Lili young was not known to be a witness to the case of the crime. It was revealed later on by a police officer.
The research of the police officer, lead to the conclusion that Lili would be the most important witness.
This important fact would be later revealed during the trial.

However there are some points to take into account:
First the testimony given by Lili was al cryptic, thus leading Daichi to disregard it as irrelevant and or completely unrelated to the crime.
Second, her memories were changed, due to the severe trauma, the order of the events and the actors involved in the crime, do not have resemblance to those of the other's testimonies.
Daichi will try using her age as an excuse, so she won't give her testimony. He will also attempt to change her testimony by giving small psychological cues, of what happened during the crime.
Finally after a certain point talking about the crime, she will have a shock, and remember the events of the crime as they actually happened, however she will faint afterwards, nonetheless, once she realizes what actually happened she will do her best to explain who the real culprit of the case was, aiding her Lana.

Despite her young age, she has a desire to help Lana after realizing Daichi is actually an evil person.

This case leads to the further investigation of the culprit and little by little the members of the police start developing theories. Damon Gant was among those.

About the local Yakuza organization codenamed “The black lotus”

The Yakuzas have a link to the Yamaguchi, codenaming themselves as the black lotus a local organization formed by japanese and american-japanese.

The police has members of the Black lotus, in order to keep control over the area, the black lotus did two things: First it started recruiting japanese who had no prior crimes, and then asked them to join the police forces. The second action it took was blackmailing the chief of the police department.

So, even if there was anyone naive enough to go against them, they were easily obliterated.

On top of this they have the best attorney in the area, who will resort to anything to win a case.

Despite this, not all the police officers were under the domain of the black lotus, the fair and good policemen still existed among them, including Damon Gant.

Charity requested the aid of Lana. Back then she was an attorney aiming for a post in the criminal affairs department. Gant was a friend with whom he had worked a few times, their bond wasn´t as strong yet.

The black lotus didn't really mind Lana being the prosecutor of the case, back then Lana didn´t seem like a threat to their plans. They had everything set up for this trial. After all, many police officers were working for them undercover.

Yet little they knew what would unfold. With a dire desire to make justice, Lana along with Gant started an investigation at the scene of the crime.

Unfortunately for them, the undercover officers from the black lotus were already at the scene of the crime, they were requested not to meddle with their "investigation".

Therefore, both Lana and Gant gathered more information about the night of the crime, from Chase Becker.

um...hi your honour?

You know what can be cool?
If the defence attorney was based around the main prosecutor from Dai Gyakuten Saiban.
But he is a lot more menacing, more modern, has a lot of scars.....scratch that! One HUGE scar from his left eye to his hip.

That would be cool....I have a few more concepts. These are totally separate and you can choose whether or not to add which or which into the story.

-he could wear a metal mask hiding his face (Like it's permanently on his head)

-aforementioned scars.

-would wield a weapon into the courtroom like Franziska and Blackquill. But in the same style as Knightly from investigations 2.

-he could have a metalic arm...that would be cool.

-he might have some connections to the most vile of villians in the ace attorney franchise and takes character elements from them (Like these guys: :redd: :karma: :damon: :kristoph: :dahlia: :tigre: Matt engarde (There was no emoji for him) Simon keys. Alba etc)

-It would also be cool if one of the cases involved Ema....and I mean in a "Farewell my turnabout" situation. Kidnapping, blackmail etc.

thanks PAL!
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony