Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony

Page 4 of 14[ 531 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

Re: Phoenix HEROES: The Kallisti Project - SIDE STORY 01/26Topic%20Title

Four is Death

Sakuro wrote:
Okay I'm done. Anime...Annie May...Ani Mei... Darn it, why don't I think of these types of things? XD Glad to have you here nonetheless though. XD
Oh, out of all the most obvious name puns...

This was the one I didn't get. xD

Is he doing JAZZ HANDS at the camera!?

Wow Sakuro, you really have got mad skillz. The Blue Phoenix one if my favorite - is it okay if I use it as my new avatar? X3 Mercs can have Broken Edge~

And lol, Occult, it's ALL about the spelling. XD I was hoping something like this would happen, haha.
~Avatar by Sakuro & Endless Blasphemy~NEW Banner by jesidres~
Image Project Kallisti - PW SUPERHERO AU - UPDATED 1/11Image

What the heck is a "Blassy?"

Wahh...Mystic M was hard >< but I made do with what I had, and got this cute...thing >>

Yeah, um, She's not the best, but considering...I didn't have much.

:phoenix:

EDIT: Oh, and yeah, you guys can use them for avatars. We don't mind ^^
Sig by Sakuro

Slightly Disheveled Radiator

Location: In a box on a hill towards the west banks of an unknown river.

You're good at making Gaia avatars. When I used to do Gaia I would fail considerably at them (doesn't help all the decent itmes were so damned expensive...)
Created by Vickinator, the greatest person EVER.
~ Crying in Public ~ The Kallisti Project: Samurai Arc

Married to Sakuro*And Eximplode07

A Swimmer of Dreams

OH HAY GUYS WHAT'S THAT

http://sh1n1d4m1.deviantart.com/art/Why ... K-76607233

*epic point* DO NOT QUESTION MY MOTIVES FOR VENGEFUL WRATH, FOOLISH HEROES.

*fails it*

Also, the Gaia avatars are amazingly adorable. <333 Mysterious Mystic M~~
Zetto San wrote:
I'm not one to hate on pairings, but that shit's just illogical.

||Fanfiction||deviantArt.com||Project Kallisti: A Hero Could Save Us...||

Don't let her trick you we made her post that.
<33

Hah, yes, we did. XD Well...we encouraged her. Sh1n1 needs more love for her geniusness, and she has our OFFICIAL BLESSING for her un-official Kallisti side-story so of course it's going here. X3

And this goes for any other writers out there, too. *points* If you want to do some unofficial stuff, then by all means, do. We love our fans SO MUCH. <3 (Next goal: Project Kallisti themed prompts on the kink meme XD)

OH! That reminds me!

Guess what I saw on Deviantart. Phoenix Wright superheroes.

And Phoenix's hero name...

is...

THE BLUE PHOENIX. I KID YOU NOT.

http://femmeturk.deviantart.com/art/PW- ... t-72394639

How scary.

DON'T INTERRUPT ME, JUSTICE!!!

I saw that floating around DA... Guess it's that "Great minds think alike" at work again.
Image (thanks to Vickinator for the awesome sig and avatar.)

Yeah we saw that. We came up with this before we saw that, we swear. X_X

FINALLY, it's done. XD Arc 2, Chapter 2. After exams, writer's block, several fruity flavours of sickness and god knows what else. Phew. Still. Now this is over, I can start having fun with one of my favorite characters. X3

Oh, and for the record, our idea + that person on DA's idea are completely unrelated. >.> Apart from the fact that they're both about superheroes, and they both feature The Blue Phoenix. And no offense to the artist, but I think I prefer our designs for the characters...even if Maya's is pretty cool.

-----------------------------------------

The Kallisti Project – Samurai Arc – Chapter 2

Phoenix sat down. He sipped his coffee, trying not to think about how much it cost. Waiting to be found, unwilling to sink any lower by asking for directions; he was getting enough quizzical looks from the various con-goers. Maybe more fans of that game…hopefully more fans of that game, and not of certain comic books…

His reflection stared back from the murky depths of the cup. Without the occasional firecracker comment from Maya, catching him off guard, keeping him on his toes, it was easier than ever for his mind to wander. But all roads seemed to lead to that one, unavoidable destination, twisted by his feelings.

He felt stupid. Of course he felt stupid. Having dealt with so many cases, he should know that running away was about the worst thing you could do, especially if you were just an innocent bystander, in the wrong place at the wrong time. He just hoped that the two girls’ English, or even Edgeworth’s Japanese, was good enough to clean up the mess he’d left in the prosecutor’s hands. The papers did estimate the number of languages he spoke at somewhere between three and eight.

All the more words to curse a certain attorney with. But the inevitable cold shoulder awaiting him, whenever they next met, was a cold shoulder in any language. He smirked, as bitter as the coffee he was drinking. What kind of coffee place was this, anyway, for the sugar and cream to mysteriously disappear at the same time?

If only thoughts would disappear as easily. But they persisted like rats, chewing on his last nerve. Broken Edge was as businesslike on the battlefield as Miles Edgeworth was in the courtroom. He did what he had to, and left without another word. Completely in control while remaining emotionally detached, so better to see the order in the surrounding chaos.

But the Bang, that had been beyond any control. “A bunch of mutants”“They hate us for what we now are”, a tone of painful acceptance. He’d taken his hero role much more quietly, muttering something about bridging a gap. Things were never that simple, though. Life rarely tied up its loose ends.

A certain prosecutor said something once, about men wearing masks over their hearts; hiding things from themselves as well as others. The scarf that masked Broken Edge’s face already made his expression more unreadable, if that was even possible.

[So can I really help it, if I’m worried about him?]

He looked up, a yell heralding the end of his philosophical slant, and his eyes immediately targeting the source. It was something else he’d had to learn fast, to know where both enemy and ally were, while viewing the world in the extra dimension of flight. Luckily, someone loudly and frantically shaking off something gross they’d just stood in was no emergency.

But a blob of transparent slime on the floor, from god-knows-where...he set his coffee down quickly and tried not to think about where it came from. Hopefully it was just someone pulling a prank. Then a sudden pull on the cup, which hadn’t even left his hand yet…he pulled back, and turned to glare at the over-eager thief or prankster. It might have been a terrible, overpriced cup of sludge, but it was his.

“AAH!” He yelped, and he could have sworn the thing made a kind of shrieking noise as it reared up like a snake, even though it probably had no vocal chords. The same sickly, transparent green colour as the slime on the floor, the thing left a thin trail of the same as it squelched across the bench and retreated into a plant pot. Minus the coffee cup.

After rounding up convicts with extra limbs, acid spit, and the ability to walk on walls (though, thankfully, not all at once), he could only jump to one conclusion. When bizarre things happened, it was always another superhuman. Maybe just a playful kid or a hungry hobo, but still something he couldn’t afford to ignore. There had to be a source, and if these things were leaving trails…

Now on his feet, Phoenix headed over to a couple of stalls, their plywood backdrops plastered with posters and wall scrolls and more outrageous prices. Nobody was watching as he squeezed into the tight space between the two boards, which left him just enough room to pull off a ‘hero-like’ gesture.

A brief flash, like any camera flash, electricity in the air like before a storm, and Phoenix Wright was gone with his suit. The Blue Phoenix slipped his goggles over his eyes and stepped out, freeing his wings from his knotted back, feathers tasting the fresh air again. Broken Edge wouldn’t approve, but it paid to be ready…and in the midst of all these costumes…

“Hey, cool Blue Phoenix cosplay, nya!” A cute young girl wearing a cat-ear headband and a pinned-on tail spoke up, making a cat like gesture with her paw-gloved hand. “Did you get those wings off E-buy or did you make them?”

“Pssht, he obviously made them...” A boy…or rather a man, more than slightly overweight and carrying an armful of merchandise sniffed derisively. Scratching his stubbled chins, he adjusted his glasses. “The Phoenix’s wingspan is closer to 8 feet, and that looks more like seven at best. Perhaps he would have been better cosplaying Broken Edge, although…” a snorting laugh. “…I can imagine he might even wield a Katana instead of a Ninjatō.”

He shook his head, and headed off running, following the slime trail. The look on his critic’s face would have been unforgettable, but he couldn’t just take off right then and there. The day he’d be able to fly free, if it ever came, was a long way away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“My costume’s ruined! I spent like…all night painting and sprinkling glitter!” Pearl was trying her hardest to comfort ‘Mr.Larry’. Maya had dealt with him often enough, and heard enough of Nick’s stories, to know that ‘the ol’ waterworks’ were just crocodile tears. But she couldn’t helped be tinged with annoyance at the person who had horrible mangled Larry’s cardboard wings…

“Is it really my fault if y’all were walkin’ around lookin’ like the Blue Phoenix!? And I said I was sorry…sheesh, what a crybaby…” Lotta Hart sighed, folding her arms, which seconds before had Larry in a bear hug, which was probably none-too-friendly.

The older medium glared at her…another thing that had changed after the Bang. Ever since the museum incident a few weeks ago, where a local tabloid accused them of being the thieves, Lotta had become the bane of Team Phoenix. She didn’t have superpowers of her own, but she didn’t need superpowers to keep putting herself in harm’s way, trying to get the one shot that would smear their good name.

Fanclub!?” A grown man cowering behind a little girl was quite a sight to behold. The photographer gritted her teeth - it seemed Larry had hit a nerve. “I’m scoutin’ out this place to see where that blue flyboy might strike next! These darned Supers just think they’re better than us average joes, so he’s sure to be lurkin’ in the crowd, ready to start flyin’ around, scarin’ folks! T’aint natural!”

Maya bit her tongue. She couldn’t afford to give away her secret identity, but now she was sure Lotta was just jealous. Nick had a point, though, about people being afraid of what they didn’t understand. Mention channelling to some people, and they thought of summoning evil spirits or treading on sacred ground, where mere humans weren’t meant to interfere. No matter how ‘unnatural’ it was, it was her heritage…and Nick couldn’t help having wings, either.

“Hey…ah, Maya, wasn’t it?” the photographer scratched her head; to her, it had been a while since they last met, even though she’d been snapping endless photos of Mystic M during their last battle. “Y’all don’t look even half as happy as I remember…I reckon y’all are a member of this Blue Phoenix fanclub, too?” Maya hesitated. It was a rare thing for her to fake a smile, and judging from the look on Lotta’s face, she could probably use more practice.

“…Well, I ain’t got no time to stand around arguin’.” She said, pouting…really, it was more like she didn’t want to try. With three against one, even a lively southern belle would be out-gunned. “I got me a real Blue Phoenix to find, not some clown in a goofy-AUGH!” Before Larry could even think of making a comeback, he was backing away from the pre-emptive shriek.

“What in tarnation-!? Oh, that is just NASTY!” The others seemed to agree with Lotta, covering their mouths or looking a little sick as she pulled her hand away from her hair. Something had fallen, and was now sticking to his fingers, slightly green and very slimy. “Well that’s just plain peachy, ain’t it!? If it aint some punk kid done this, I reckon it’s one of them Supers, pickin’ on me for what I said! SHOW YERSELF, DARNIT!” She yelled, shaking her fist to nothing but empty space, and a few curious stares.

Maya snorted in laughter as she turned quickly and headed towards the bathroom, no doubt to wash the stuff out of her hair, then “track down the varmint what done done this”. But for someone with an even more childish sense of humour, Larry was strangely quiet as he watched her storm off. “…She’s a fiery one, huh? But she’ll come around eventually.” He said, finally.

There was a look on his face that neither medium had seen before, but it was gone just as quickly as he noticed he was being stared at. “I…I mean…” a quick thumbs-up, and a look that desperately pleaded innocence. “Someday, everyone will appreciate the Blue Phoenix for all the good he does! These supers are A-OK with me! Heh!”

Maya eyed him suspiciously, but in a way, he was right. The anti-mutant protests had put a dent in her plans for greatness, including action figures and a Saturday morning cartoon. People didn’t embrace real-life superheroes like the ones in comic books or TV shows or video games. But it hadn’t been long since the Bang, so they probably just needed a little more time to be sure who were the heroes, and who were the villains.

“So, does this mean you and Pearl will join the club? The slots for members 2 and 3 are still open!” The overgrown fanboy was practically begging them, but his audience was hopelessly distracted. The older medium’s dark eyes followed something across the floor, suddenly looking very serious, and Pearl clinging to her sleeve worriedly. “…Uh…something up, Maya?”

“Pearls, I think you’d better take care of Mr. Larry for a while.” She said, the cheerfulness suddenly gone from her voice. Another one of those slimy things, the same that fell on Lotta’s head, had just dropped from a display and was quickly scooting across the floor. There was supervillainy afoot! “I, uh…have to go to the bathroom.”

“But isn’t the bathroom…?” he didn’t manage to finish. Maya was already gone, and her little cousin was already tugging at his sleeve, squinting at the glossy cover of a manga.

“Look Mr. Larry! It’s a picture book with the Blue Phoenix in it! Or…I think it is…”

“Ooh, let me see!! This is so cool, I…wait, what the hell!? The Blue Phoenix doesn’t like-!! This…this is blasphemy! This is MADNESS!”

“That…” the bored stallholder said, popping a gum bubble with a well-chewed fingernail, and looking over her sunglasses. “…will be $15.99 if you keep waving it around, sir.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It didn’t take long for Edgeworth to run out of curse words, even inside his own head. He switched to German for a while, full of wonderful consonants to be spat and vowels to be shouted at the top of one’s lungs, if he were so inclined. Japanese was a different story. In such a peaceful, introverted society, the few ways one could curse in the native tongue would have the greatest impact even when whispered.

But he couldn’t even bring himself to think of such words, despite his two unwelcome followers. While studying foreign judicial systems, he had been a guest in far too many countries to be rude towards a guest in his own. And, perhaps they were as lost as he was…the one thing he was cursing the most was his inability to find the exit. It was the crowds, he was sure, so much noise and colour to overwhelm his enhanced senses.

The second-most cursed thing was his foolishness, in coming to the convention in his usual suit. It was just supposed to be a quick in-and-out, pick up some merchandise, and head straight back to the office. He didn’t expect to be recognised, not for an admittedly handsome but completely fictional prosecutor, and especially not by Wright.

But it was too late for excuses now; he’d pulled hopeless cases back from the brink of defeat before. All he had to do was look for an opening, an exit for his predicament. And then, he stopped dead in his tracks, as hushed whisperings of “Keisatsu!” came from the two girls.

[What are the police doing here..?] He couldn’t help but wonder, though his eyes and ears answered his own question. Concentration shut out most of the background noise, letting him to pick up snippets of conversation and subtle body language, despite being almost ten feet away. A man, in an apron stained yellow and red, sounding quite distraught…he’d turned his back, and…

The prosecutor sighed, colour and sound gradually bleeding back into the rest of his world. Stolen hot dogs were no concern of his. He shook his head in disbelief that anyone would even pay for one of those fetid concoctions, an unforgiveable affront to food and to one’s nose. He could smell the sickly fried onions and unrecognisable meat even though his handkerchief.

Then suddenly, something even more foul; a concentrated stench of stale sweat and rancid grease. Intermingled with the hot dog stand, it took a great deal of willpower for him not to gag, and just as much again for him not to run with the rest of the crowd. It happened suddenly, with practised speed and precision; the first officer drew his gun and fired, closely followed by his colleague.

Their target, towering over them, reared its head like a massive serpent. People screamed. They ducked, they ran, they climbed over each other to get away from the gunshots and this dangerous, alien creature. A few gawkers stopped to snap photos – but only he stood firm, even as projectiles passed right through the beast, the entry wounds closing near-instantly.

It was then Edgeworth finally ran, but only to hide from prying eyes. Thoughts made a barrier to the rest of the world, so there was just him and the shapeshifting material. The Police alone couldn’t handle such a situation, that was clear enough, but what was this thing? Either the Big Bang had affected non-human animals, or this unfortunate creature…

But Broken Edge didn’t spare time to think. His target had already plucked a single girl from the mass of humanity, slowed down by her elaborate kimono. With a single toss of its ‘head’, her scream was silenced, and she was fully immersed in stinking slime. He drew his sword.

“Mitsurugi-san-!?”

It didn’t take a good grasp of English, for two girls to know when to run.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’m sorry…I’m so sorry I didn’t believe you, I just…” It was impossible to think of an excuse, so Penny stopped apologising via walkie talkie and kept going, passing by police and stage crew unnoticed. Blending into the background was a natural talent of hers; like so many others, she’d come out strangely unscathed from the purple fog.

How long that would last, though…she’d heard of delayed effects, but never actually seen them. And after opening that door, it was no wonder there was still an undercurrent of paranoia in everyday life; an all-pervading fear that anyone at anytime could become one of them.

“OW!” Tears gathered in her eyes momentarily as she tripped over a thick cable, but quickly cleared them with her sleeve. She was a grown woman, and now had more responsibilities than ever, scrambling first for her glasses and then her all-important walkie-talkie…

“…Oh…gross…” She lifted up her hand, a thick mucus dripping from her fingers, making her stomach turn and her memory return to Sal Manella’s room. She wasn’t sure if she’d shut the door, but there was no doubt it would be discovered eventually. The smell, the slime. And in the few moments before she’d turned away, coughing, something which looked a lot like a cocoon or an egg. And whatever had hatched had left a trail across the floor, blocking the slits in the air vent. Just like in the movies.

Finally, the walkie-talkie. She could hear a voice calling her name through the static, and she pressed the button as she ducked past a security guard and through a door marked ‘Tonosacon Staff Only’.

“We’re too late, he’s already in the convention hall! We need the Steel Samurai right now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“AAGH!!” Broken Edge immediately got to his feet, after a rather embarrassing backward roll. True perfection, not the kind of twisted logic Manfred von Karma had taken to his grave, meant never making the same mistake twice. That dogma, the mental conditioning, had been balanced by fencing lessons, where the only defence was a good offence.

But this was different. Even with what he’d painstakingly researched and practiced, he was still learning through experience. That experience had just taught him that this thing was both sticky and slimy, damn near impossible to cut through, and had a taste for humans. His hand went to his badge – when it came to life and death, he was certainly no fool. “Blue Phoenix, do you read me?”

There was a pause. “HYAH!” Any pause was too long – he moved to strike at the tip, driving it back as it lunged for another girl. The fire exits were woefully inadequate for such mass panic, so the thing had an ample supply of prey within its reach, and he had his work cut out for him.

“I’m a little busy here!!” His ally’s voice finally came through. Shouting over people’s screams, it sounded like he was floundering on the battlefield like he often did in court. The ninja-clad man jumped back from a strike at the ground to the sound of rushing flames, cursing, and more shouting from the tiny earpiece. “I think I could really use some help right now!” – It seemed Wright had forgotten who had called whom – “There’s some kind of slimy thing attacking people over here, and - ugh, the stuff really stinks!

Another one…truly, when it rained it poured buckets of ice water. But right now, he had a more immediate problem to deal with; while the Blue Phoenix was struggling on his own, he himself had been forced to retreat. Concentration kicking in, he could hear every slight movement of the predatory creature as it snaked after him, almost snapping at his ankles.

He’d dealt with something like this before, but every one of his various battles was unique in its own way. Even with Payne still raw in his mind, this was different – vigilantism or ‘hero work’, whatever you called it, often didn’t allow for carefully planned strategy. Improvisation was calling from the corner of his vision – a life-size Steel Samurai sculpture. His two-toed shoes gripped the laminate floor effortlessly as he snatched at the chance, and suddenly whipped round. The borrowed spear was large and cumbersome, but he’d seen it used enough times to pin his enemy to the floor with a well-aimed Samurai Stab.

“What do you mean, a slime monster!?” another, female voice in his ear surprised him as the creature struggled to pull itself free. Wherever Wright went, it figured his assistant wouldn’t be far behind, hearing their conversation on the same frequency. “I’m fighting the slime monster! It’s all huge and gross and it keeps trying to grab hold of me! My hero outfit's gonna be all stained and ruined!” He didn’t think it was possible for a childish pout to be audible, but logic didn’t often apply to Maya Fey.

So that meant there were at least three of the things. Switching back from hunter to hunted, his own slime monster had retreated into the air conditioning duct it came from, taking its victims with it. If these creatures had a human origin, he could only hope they were taking hostages rather than prey…

“R4WR!!11!! N0 n00bz t0uch0rz m4 ch1xx0rz lol!11!” He turned his head to something vaguely like human speech, far too loud to miss, even from the other side of the convention hall. He'd never heard the English language corrupted in such a way...had he? There was an echo of familiarity in that sloppy half-roar.

He wiped the wretched goop from his Ninjatō. Leaping into the air, specially designed pads on his gloves and shoes aided his grip on the side of a flimsy roof, climbing up onto an abandoned stall. Heading towards the sound, and the other greenish thing now rearing its head, he knew he’d left familiarity behind a long time ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things just didn't work in real life like they did in fiction. This was becoming increasingly obvious to Phoenix with each emerging supervillain. Taking to the skies for the first time, that had been simple enough; most of it was just raw instinct, each wing movement as natural as a breath of air. That, and a case of chronic beginner's luck.

But fighting? Drama club had taught him how to pretend to hit someone, and to make it look pretty convincing. But when it came to actual painful beatings, he’d always been on the receiving end, and that still held true despite his growing public reputation. The Blue Phoenix made a good figurehead, but if it weren't for his fellow heroes, maybe he'd have hung up his costume a long time ago. Maybe.

Flames left permanent shadows on a nearby wall as he drove back his attacker with an outstretched arm, the other struggling with a terrified civilian. Amidst the contagious panic, some people had headed in the wrong direction, and wound up backed into a corner by a towering amorphous blob. “AAAAAAAAHHH!!!” And how was a superhero supposed to think up witty one-liners with someone screaming down his ear!?

“c0zp14y grr1z!! g1v3 tH3m 2 m3, l0lz0rz!!” More screaming accompanied a sharp dive, both hero and passenger catching a quick glimpse of Sal Manella's greasy, pock-marked face before the floor rushed towards them. A steady diet of cosplayers had increased the mutant's size to monstrous proportions, reaching almost the height of the convention hall – a long way to dive to avoid another slimy fist.

"Blue Phoenix, I'm open!!" In a speedy baton pass, the bystander was safely in Mystic M's glowing Spirit Hands, and he was back to flying for his own life. Ever since the slime monsters they'd each been fighting had re-joined, he'd been trying to protect others from that fate. Innocent victims, suspended in Sal's transparent body like fruit in a living gelatine dessert....surely, they had to be alive?

"AGH!" His flight muscles snapped back painfully, the ceiling below him as the sudden stop sent him into a forward roll. Spreading his wings, it was too late to keep flying, but too early to surrender to injury. He tried to go limp, like a rag doll...and the ground knocked the wind out of him. "j00 c4Nn07 pwn m3! I 4m t3h l337! U H4XX0R n00b!!!"

Phoenix gasped for breath, and let out a quiet groan. He wasn't sure what that disfigured English meant, but it certainly felt like adding insult to injury. Unbelievable luck had let him correct himself mid-fall, so he hadn't broken his back or crushed his wings, but his left ankle protested as he got up.

He gritted his teeth. It felt twisted, and was covered with cold, sticky goop, but he had to get back in the air. His wings weren't strong enough for a vertical take-off, forcing him to limp as he ran; once he was airborne, he could worry about his foot when this was all over. But, that smell! It was so strong, so close-!

And then it was everywhere. His heart was still pounding, fear rushing through his veins from just moments earlier. Dangled over a monster's gaping maw, tongue out like one about to sample a fine chocolate, he'd almost fainted from the stench. Now, he smelled nothing. He saw nothing - he was too afraid to open his eyes. He might have heard Maya calling his name, but all sounds were distant and muted. Phoenix was completely immersed in it; in cold, sickly green slime.

Just the thought of it made his skin crawl. But struggling to free himself just made his limbs feel even heavier, made the numbing chill penetrate deeper, creeping under his jacket. He couldn't fight it...he couldn't breathe, there was no air in here, just that horrible slime. And yet...did he even have to..?

He felt fine...his ankle didn't even hurt...just strangely calm, and sleepy. If he went to sleep, he wouldn't feel so cold...and heavy...he just had to let go...sleep...

A disturbance shook him back to consciousness, coming from somewhere below. Maybe another captive roused from a deep sleep? But there was a fight going on outside, Maya and maybe even Edgeworth would be fighting to get him out, wouldn’t they?

[Whatever’s happening out there…] …he couldn’t bear to look. He just carried on his own fight to stay awake. His life may have become a twisted story, stranger than any fiction he’d ever laid eyes on, but there were still too many reasons to quit playing his part. Reaching out to the ghost of his old life felt like a step backwards, but there was always that one thing that rang true. The belief he’d seen in a fellow fourth grader; that people needed someone to defend them, especially when no-one else would.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“h4y, th47 t1ckl3z! r0fl0lzors! 4 L177le t0 t3h l3ft0rz n3xt t13M!”

It was one thing when innocent bystanders were involved, but someone he knew just hit so much harder. Anger had gotten the better of him momentarily, and Broken Edge had wasted several Kunai. The weighted, diamond-bladed throwing knifes, monogrammed with his personal symbol (a broken shield and an ‘E’…designed by Miss. Skye, of course), had been simply absorbed into Sal Manella’s horrifically mutated form.

He couldn’t let his heart rule his head. He knew better than that, but… “Mystic M!” Maya. Furious tears were accompanying furious punches, both of them futile in getting the Blue Phoenix back, but he understood. In fact, he almost envied her; how without a particular image to maintain, she could express her emotions so freely. “I’ll attempt to distract this loathsome creature, you contact the Scientist!”

He jumped from his perch atop a nearby snack stand. A large slime projectile, hurled from Sal’s hand like a baseball, missed its mark and landed some distance behind with a wet ‘splat’. Planned strategy was simply impossible when the enemy kept springing so many nasty surprises. But…wait – there! Movement! A cat-like leap to one side, and a fist left a sticky coating where it collided with the floor, snapping back like elastic.

Things slowed down just in time, his powers kicking to see the next blow coming. He was getting more and more used to the illusion, created as his mind raced ahead, but he still couldn’t control when it happened. Immediately his hand went to a compartment on his belt, and three small spheres dropped into his open palm with the tap of a button. With near-blinding speed, he flung them at his target’s exposed face, thick smoke blossoming forth as they broke open.

“GR4444444444RGH!!111!” And just like that, it was back to what passed for normal to a mutant vigilante. Sal flailed wildly, sending flecks of stinking mucus in all directions. Pulling his scarf up further over his nose, Broken Edge held out his sword defensively, slicing or batting away the living missiles. “M4H 3Y3z!!! 1 c4n7 s33!”

The ground shook slightly. The mysterious hero steadied himself, taking a deep breath, and trying to stay calm. “8ut 1M g0nn4 pwn j00 4nyw4yz r0fl0lz0rz!11!!” There was a resounding THUD as giant took another excruciatingly slow, sticky step forward, and the man found himself on his knees.

[Get up you idiot…] His legs felt as weak as twigs, and were shaking more than the ground itself. He gritted his teeth, and tried again. [Get up!] A growl escaped his throat as he dug the tip of his sword into the floor, and tried to pull himself up. [It’s not even a real bloody earthquake! GET UP!]

He had to move - the monster was still blinded, but it was stumbling towards where Maya was, where she was probably still distracted by her communicator! But as hard as he tried, he couldn’t…not because of his own irrational fears, but because the small splotches of slime had formed a large patch on the floor. A large sticky patch, which he was now stuck to!

“Nngh! Aagh!” Broken Edge was sure he looked ridiculous, trying to pull himself off the floor like a fly stuck to a toffee, but the wretched stuff was like gooey glue. “Mystic M! Come in!” No answer. He couldn’t see where the young heroine was, but he just hoped she’d get out of the way before Mr. Manella got hungry again. Again, he pulled desperately on the Ninjatō. Suddenly the tip gave way, snapping off and re-forming, but leaving him still hopelessly stuck. What was he supposed to do!?

“Pr377y c0zpl4y3r…c0m3 t0 m3h, m4i pr3c1u0s!!” The effects of those chemicals really had reduced him to little more than a slavering beast, as if he wasn’t bad enough before. The sound of smacking lips and dripping saliva made his desperation flare – when there was a loud roar. Not a cry of victory, but one of pain! A squirming, twitching slime-hand was pinned down with a spear - identical to the one the trapped hero had borrowed.

And the one doing the pinning…none other than the Steel Samurai himself. Normally he would have dismissed such ridiculous notions, but was it possible that the display he’d been had been somehow brought to life? Or was this another Big Bang victim, with advanced costume-making skills but limited creativity?

“Thankyou…” His saviour simply nodded in recognition, and he returned the gesture. A vigilante was a vigilante, but this one had just pulled him up with almost inhuman strength, snapping the strands of the glue-like substance with ease. Ninja and samurai stood together momentarily as Broken Edge took out three more smoke bombs.

Then, they charged. One used his grappling hook and took the high road to an overhanging balcony; the other retrieved his spear and prepared to strike from below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ema adjusted the microphone on her headset as she paced the floor, pressing her hand to her ear as she tried to make sense of the situation. “Mystic M! M, calm down! The Steel Samurai what…?” she sighed, sitting down at her desk as Maya launched into another frantic explanation.

Whatever was going on, it must be pretty bad, but what was she supposed to do when she could only catch snippets of useful information? Ron and Desirée, the two remaining heroes on Team Phoenix, would need to know what they were facing and how to get there. If only she could pick out something that made sense, it was just so...so...!

Her eyes widened for a moment. “Oh…that’s not a good colour.” Glancing at the back of her hand briefly, Ema found her skin had flushed a kind of dark red-purple, the colour of raspberry juice. Things had been slow at the Police Department, and mutant attacks were steadily going down as escaped criminals were rounded up and identified. And with her passion for science burning more fiercely than ever, she’d dedicated her spare time to secretly helping Team Phoenix. If she had powers, that'd mean an extra member.

But so far the young scientist had only succeeded in turning herself into a human mood ring, and it seemed the colour of frustration really didn’t suit her. Though, the angry cherry-red complexion that had greeted her in the mirror, just after her experiment went awry, hadn’t been much better. Or the grey-green tint of worry when she’d attempted to wash it off… “…And there’s this giant slime monster and it’s got Blue!!

She clenched her fist - finally, some information she could use! But... “…Wait, WHAT!?” All the colour instantly drained from her face. All of it. Which left not just her face, but all of her skin, an unnatural snow-white. This really was serious, and she’d just been getting annoyed… "Mr. Wr-I mean Blue's in trouble..!?" A green-yellow tint, like sour milk, accompanied the sick feeling in Ema's stomach.

She put a hand to her sickly-coloured forehead, all thoughts of whether the 'mood ring' effect was permanent or not banished from her mind. “Okay, a slime monster, right…” The pale purple of thoughtfulness swirled as she tried to find a solution.

[If only I could get a tissue sample of this thing...] But even if the potion that exploded in her face had given her super-speed, the others could be monster chow by the time he's finished her tests. Re-opening the communication channel, she knew she'd just have to try and buy them more time. "I'm sending Mask*DeMasque and Road Rash for backup."

Gold…somehow, it seemed a fitting colour for a burst of confidence. “They’ll help you hold the thing off until I think of something. Just hang in there!” Ending the transmission, she pulled her laptop over, scattering a few empty test tubes and soda bottles. Frequency, wavelength, estimated co-ordinates, encrypt the signal...now she just had to wait for one of the DeLites to pick up. And, looking around for her trusty chemistry set, she ate another spoonful of a half-full gelatine dessert. Even heroes had to eat lunch.

Maybe it was the tangy lime flavour, maybe something else entirely. But suddenly, she felt inspired.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"They're on their way!" Maya shouted across the battlefield. She could only assume that Broken Edge heard her, since he was busy defending their silent ally, the real Steel Samurai. Random cosplayers didn't stick around when there was a evil mutant blob causing trouble, and they didn't pick up and throw entire Hot Dog stands, either.

"NNGH-!" Her spirit hands held strong as Sal's arm came down on top of her. She'd meditated for hours under freezing waterfalls to recharge her spirit energy, and a waterfall of slime wasn't that different, pouring off the barrier above her head in two torrents. If only the Samurai had known that throwing the stand was a bad idea, but how were they supposed to know junk food would make their foe even bigger?

She just hoped Nick and the others wouldn't dissolve like those hot dogs and buns did...

The metallic warrior was back on his feet again, recovered from his violent collision with a wall. There was no padding or crash mats like she'd seen at Global Studios, so whoever this hero really was, they'd taken quite a beating. "L1f3 s1z3 5t33l s4Mur41 4ct10n f1gUr3!11!! U 5h4LL l00k gr347 1n m4 c0ll3t10n!!11" A lazy snap of slimy jaws was met with a vicious Samurai Slash.

BOOMF BOOMF. More smoke bombs, dropped from above, and a gargling roar as slimy hands tried to wave away the choking blackness. The spirit medium almost wished she'd brought her video camera. A ninja, especially Broken Edge, and the Steel Samurai fighting side-by-side...it was the stuff fans' wildest dreams and craziest fanfictions were made of.

And she was here right in the middle. Balancing on her flying disc, a one-two Spirit Punch connected with Sal's face, sending him reeling backwards a few feet. It wasn't much, but at least they were pushing him back. The mutated director had been making a slow progress towards the exit. And if he escaped the convention centre, into a city full of people and more junk food...

Unless Desirée could whip up some kind of growth ray in record time, they'd be done for. The city would be crushed under a tidal wave of stinky slime, and they'd be stuck somewhere in the middle of it. The heroes always won, because no-one wanted to read a comic where innocent people got hurt. No-one wanted to lose someone close to them.

"8L4RGH!" Another strike from the Mysterious Mystic M, and her target was reeling from a punch to where a human's gut would be, and another on the chin. The Scientist would come up with some way to beat this thing, and she and the Blue Phoenix – or rather Maya Fey and Phoenix Wright – would go out for a celebratory burger. Whether they stank of slime or not.

Though as she was suddenly snatched from the air, the thought of getting that burger seemed like a dream. With her arms pinned, she could only manage a choked scream, her mouth tightly shut against the suffocating smell. Then, a blur out of the corner of her eye, another roar from her captor, and she was flying again – but without her disc!

"OW!" She was right – getting thrown into a wall did hurt. Or at least some solid, metal-feeling thing, that seemed to be supporting her from underneath. Shaking her head, she opened her eyes to see the expressionless mask of the Steel Samurai.

It seemed the costume was designed so that it was near-impossible to see the eye and mouth holes, even close up, but she could still sense the wordless hero's expression. "I'm okay..." she answered truthfully, smiling a little. She tried to savour the moment, another fan's dream come true.

But this was a battlefield. Broken Edge was still trying to push back the enemy. His sword having no effect, he instead lodged his grappling hook in the gelatinous mound. Then, like a man struggling with a huge fish, the ninja found himself being dragged along the ground before he finally let go. The reinforced cable disappeared, sucked in like a strand of spaghetti.

With surprising gentleness, the Samurai set her down. And immediately, a spear clattered to the ground, covered in slime. After being lodged harpoon-like in Sal's shoulder for the past few minutes, the pain had finally reached his tiny brain and he'd pulled it out – throwing it back to its owner. Sal Manella may have gotten a lot bigger, but he certainly wasn't any smarter. "j00 4r3n't 3v3n g00d 4 34t1ng, 53c0nD r4t3 c0zpl4y3r!!!11"

Maya wasn't sure what he just said, but she knew when she'd just been insulted. She'd done extra research into late-night action movies for such an occasion, and had several witty one-liners lined up...if only she'd had the chance to say one. "PLEEEEEEASE DON'T SAY THAT!!! I worked hard on those costumes, and...and they are NOT second-rate!!"

Her head turned, and despite the interruption, she couldn't help but grin. Road Rash, fully suited up, her engine still hot and revving from their speedy cross-town journey. And Mask*DeMasque...Ema had said something about Ron's Sonic Whine needing bigger, more powerful lungs, and flexible ribs to contain them. And thanks to a certain slime monster apparently insulting his work, he'd puffed up with so much air he looked like he might burst.

And before she could ask how he learned to sp34k l33t, there was an insistent beeping in her earpiece – Ema! Her hand flew to her badge to pick up, and excited voice came through. "Mystic M, it's the Scientist! You said the monster was all gelatinous, right? Well, I had some in dessert the refrigerator and I figured-!!"

"Sweetie, can you skip the details and just tell us how to beat this thing?" Road Rash interrupted, keeping her friendly tone despite a slight hint of annoyance.

"Oh...sure." A slight hint of disappointment, and some muttering about feeling blue...she really was dedicated to her science. "Mask*DeMasque-" Arms just folded against his expanded chest, and probably pouting under his metal mask, Ron jumped slightly at his alter-ego's name. "-if you get close enough to the monster and make a loud enough Sonic Scream, the vibrations should destabilize his internal protein matrix!"

...Met with momentary silence, the Scientist tried again. "He'll break apart! Just try and get Mask*DeMasque as close as possible!"

"Got it!" It was Desirée who cut the signal. Despite her occasional disagreements with Broken Edge, Road Rash was a true team player, unafraid and smiling as she patted her husband on the back. "You just keep holding that in, Ronnie! You'll need all that air if we're going to get Nicky-boy back safe and sound."

Her engine revved as she pulled on her goggles, the noise grabbing Sal's attention. "We'll clear a path!" A steady clank-clank-clank accompanied each footstep, speed-enhancing leg armour a new addition to her suit, which seemed slightly different with each new battle. Large retractable blades on her heavily protected arms deflected a blow, then dug into the floor as she pinned down the pursuing hand.

Maya was already following her lead, clearing a path for Mask*DeMasque. As more smoke bombs flew from Broken Edge's hand, her glowing purple hands kept the other arm pinned. The living slime struggled furiously, until it was swiftly impaled by an expertly aimed spear. The Steel Samurai stood over his quarry in a striking, heroic pose, like the ending credits were about to roll. Soon, this battle would be over, or at least until the next 'episode'...

CHOMP.

"RONNIE!!!"

"Mm, t45t3z l13k c1nn4b0nz lol!11!!"

Mystic M could only watch in horror as their last hope was swallowed whole, not even a yelp escaping him as he stuck to Sal's frog-like tongue. It wasn’t over, Ema might be able to think of something, but...why didn't things just work out the way they should? The heat of tears stung her eyes, seeing Mrs. DeLite distraught, furiously pounding against Sal's body and demanding the return of her husband.

She wiped her eyes…Nick and Mr.DeLite, that made two heroes down. They couldn’t take another loss. They’d just have to fight harder! “HYAAAAAH!!!” Her battle cry pierced the sombre atmosphere, and a Spirit Punch connected perfectly and viciously.

Unbeknownst to them, somewhere inside the jiggling slime, Ron DeLite awakened from the impact…and heard his wife crying. And somewhere outside, the police were still watching the scene, trying to figure out who to arrest. From their view through the large glass window, the heroes-slash-vigilantes suddenly paused, ducked for cover and-

BOOMFSHPLATT. The ground shook violently, glass plates shattered, chunks of slime rained down...and the smell-!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"NICK!!!"

This was familiar, wasn't it..? This had happened once before…a voice, calling him. Sounding so distant, and at the same time right next to him. A voice he knew.

[Maya...]

He'd been breathing, once, hadn’t he? He remembered breathing, but how long had it been since he’d taken a breath? His mind was foggy, he felt lightheaded…it must have been a few minutes, at least…he had to fight the feeling, or he’d drown. Or…he had to fight! That was right – he was still in here, and there was a battle going on out there!

"NICK!!!"

A violent coughing fit cleared slime from his nose and mouth…he could hear his own voice, he was being held by someone, and the convention hall was slowly coming into view. And Sal was gone…instead, chunks of the foul stuff, more fragile and jelly-like than before, littered the place like icebergs. And there were people, unconscious or semi-conscious. Even Maya, who he was suddenly pressed against, was covered in it…and the smell-!

Phoenix coughed again, covering his mouth, quickly released from the hug as his wings beat involuntarily…and uselessly. They were heavy with slime, his feathers completely gummed up and useless, but hopefully nothing a hot shower couldn’t fix. He took another gulp of air, catching his breath. “Did…did we win?”

Looking around, the answer seemed to be ‘yes’. Broken Edge looked tired and slime-covered, but he was checking the pulse of a civilian rather than a fellow hero. And it seemed their two ‘backups’ had arrived while he’d been out cold. His mask skewed to reveal one large, brown eye, Ron was being helped to his feet by Desirée. He was shaking, and the stench seemed to be turning his delicate stomach, but he was otherwise fine.

…Maybe that was why the Blue Phoenix got the most respect. It always seemed to be him who got the worst of it.

“l0l h4lp plz D:", came a dejected voice. It seemed Mr. Manella wasn’t doing much better. Whatever had happened, the one intelligent piece of him that remained was just enough to scrape into a jar marked ‘2 for $1’. Probably ‘borrowed’ from one of the few overpriced merchandise stands still standing, but…who was that doing the scraping?

The Steel Samurai turned his head to face them, Maya waving excitedly, then giggling at her companion’s confusion. “You should have been there, Nick! He was…the Steel samurai was…it was so cool! Gross, but cool...” She clapped her hands together. Fresh out of battle, and Mystic M was already back to plain old Maya. “I'll have to tell you all about it when you get me that celebratory burger!"

"Celebratory-?" The Blue Phoenix was quickly cut short by the sound of stampeding feet – the Police and the Press had finally stopped holding back, and were moving in for the kill. The pain returning to his sprained ankle and his wings dripping with goo, now he definitely owed the young medium a burger, if just as payment for air-lifting him out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“And that’s how I single-handedly saved everyone. Well, me and everyone else…”

[Doesn’t that make it not single-handed?] Phoenix just smiled, keeping his words to himself. It had been a long day, finished with a long-winded story at the restaurant, and now they were heading home. He’d already made her mad once already by jumping in the shower first, and having to take extra care to clean the mess out of his feathers. But, he’d payed the extra 50 cents for her to have bacon on her cheeseburger, so they were even again.

He winced slightly as he put his foot down, and he felt a pair of worried eyes on him. “You okay? We could always…” his assistant started, grinning, her finger pointed skywards.

He shook his head, and continued walking. Pearls was as independent and adult-like as ever; a quick call had confirmed she was waiting for them back at their apartment. Healing his injured foot had tired her out, but it was good enough to walk on. And good for him, since tonight he felt like being just Phoenix Wright. Ace Attourney, and occasional patron of Joe’s Burger Barn. Just like old times.

He’d wondered again, while he’d been ‘out’, about how things had changed. He was sure he still questioned it in his sleep, just before he’d awake to the sound of his alarm and the morning sunlight warming his wings. He couldn’t sleep on his back any more. He couldn’t even walk down the street without that cramped feeling in his shoulder blades, reminding him.

Old times. And they’d been just a few weeks ago.

“Nick…” he felt a pair of hands clinging to him, and someone press up against his back. If he hadn’t known better, he’d have thought it was Maya’s cousin rather than the medium herself, shying away. Looking up at the person before them, a few scraps falling to the ground, he took a small step backwards. Lost in thought, had he accidentally led them into a bad part of town?

There was another clatter as the pitiful creature dug deeper into the trash can with almost animal-like desperation. It was a sad fact of life in the city, that there were people who lived like this, and there was little one person could do. But something stopped him from turning a blind eye and moving along. It was torn and stained, but what kind of homeless person would wear such an elaborate-looking costume?

CRASH. His companion ducked as the trash can tipped over, sending garbage onto the street. The digger’s breathing was heavy, fever-pitched, as their head emerged and filthy hands tore into the wrapping of a half-eaten sandwich. Their panting stopped for a moment as they took a bite…and retched emptily, tossing it to one side, pepperoni peppering the sidewalk.

Maya’s grip increased slightly, her head buried into his back, to the sound of quiet sobbing. But…not from her. He, he was fairly sure it was a he, was on his knees and crying. And there was something about that tone, the sound of that poor man’s voice, which made the bile rise in Nick’s own throat.

He covered his mouth, swallowing hard. His vision blurred, threatening to fade into nothing but blackness, his head started pounding. [Why…? It…it…] Taking a deep, ragged breath, he couldn’t even bring himself to move, he just shook. One part of him said ‘run’. Another said ‘look’. And his emotions were in turmoil, telling him nothing he could understand.

The Nickel Samurai raised his head, dark circles under his eyes. A nervous half-smile crossed his lips as he caught his breath, not sure whether to be confused or relieved. “Mr…Mr. Lawyer dude…?”
Re: Phoenix HEROES: The Kallisti Project - NEW CHAPTER 02/10Topic%20Title

Oh, wow. Sal really is a slimebag. :p

And Matt!? Uh oh. BIG, BIG UH OH.

I hope his good self got the powers.

If not....

RUN, PHOENIX! RUUUUUUN!

Four is Death

I love you.

I always thought Sal would end up in a jar. I wonder if the Steel Samurai (or Will Powers >_> ) will join Team Phoenix? And we get more Engarde action =D

DON'T INTERRUPT ME, JUSTICE!!!

Excellent installment as always guys. The idea of Sal as a blob of otaku slime amused me immensely. And the Nickel and Steel Samurai in one chapter? Epic. looking forward to the next chapter as always.
Image (thanks to Vickinator for the awesome sig and avatar.)

Last edited by Jenna_Darknight on Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Battle is my forte!"

WAAAH MATT~! You made me cry a little. [I realized who it was at the elaborate costume bit. D:]
I've already read most of this chapter of course, but I liked the ending, it was even better then I thought it would be. Excellent job on Sal's l33t speak, again. :3 And nice going with the mood ring bit. Your colors were much more original then mine would have been, had you asked me again. This was worth the wait. [now if only that lazy Sakuro girl would get going on teh arts, you know? XD;;]

At your service. <3

I have but two words about this chapter. Well, three, if you count the emoticon:

Gooey Sal. :D

GrapeJuiceDansen

WAHH.

Spent all of yesterday reading this, and a good chunk of today on some fanart. Good times. *laugh* Generally I don't have much good to say about "OMFG THEY HAS SUPER POWERS" stories, but this is pretty well-written and it seems like you guys are working really hard on this, so I give a thumbs up!
Now when's Godot showing up? D=<

Spoiler: Broken Edge

Spoiler: Oh snap Matts

COME GET RAYGUN

Lalalei: Poor Phoenix ;_; At least he can fly away nao.

Occult Wanderer: <3 I can say this probably isn't the last of either samurai for a while. And thanks for the luff!

Jenna Darknight: Thankyouthankyouthankyou <3

Sakuro: Yes child, arts. >D And I second the comment on the 1337.

Rii: Gerg approves of this message.

ThePCD: <333333333333333333333333. No, seriously. You're pretty amazing. Thank you for giving our little story so much love. ;_;

Mercs beat me to it. XD Oh well, she's awesome, so I forgives. <3

Lalalei - yesh, Sal is indeed a slimebag. He always grossed me out in-game so making him even MORE gross was the next logical step. XP

Occlude Wave, aka. The artist formerly known as Occult Wanderer - Sal in a jar? XD How did you come to that conclusion ('always thought')? Much thanks for the love. And seconding Mercs on the Samurais and Engarde action!

Jenna Darknight - Love for Jenna. X3 Hopefully the next chapter won't disappoint!

Sakuro - Thankks, and THIRDING ON THE ARTS. XD Our fans need a Blue Phoenix reference picture!!

Rii - GOOEY SAL. XD This will never cease to amuse me. Gooooey Sal.

ThePCD - A NEW FAN. <3 Thanks for taking the time to read everything, this thing is long. ^^;; AND WOW ARTS. You're really good with details, especially in the Matt pic...me and Mercs both agree that's how we pictured that scene. Evil!Matt looks different, but considering the limited description you did awesomely. <3

And Godot...sorry kitten, but my lips are sealed. :godot:

Four is Death

He just looks like he'd be in a jar to me XD

Oh, and Broken Edge still makes me laugh with his 'anti-heroism'. He's losing it though DX Oh, and the Infinite Smoke Bombs.

MIA FEYYYYYY

Oh, looky. You've brought another lurker out of hiding. o:

...You people are brilliant. Seriously. The writing's fantastic, and the powers are perfect. Jar o' Sal just about made me die laughing. XD

The best advice I have is to keepy uppy. :edgy:
Avatar by Ville (image by Zarla)

Another fan :D Yay lurkers that we drag out. <33 Thank you very much, Lunarkweh!
Still think we should start a Jar Sal cult, he seems to have gained much popularity.

ALL HAIL THE JARSAL MYTHOS.

Re: The Kallisti Project - Arc Zero - Chapter 1Topic%20Title

Haha, double-post. X_X I'm a sinner of that sort...

Possibly Insane

Another amazing chapter. The surrealness yet seriousness of this makes this fic a great read... :gant:

lunarkweh - It's always good to have new readers/outed lurkers. XD Comments are always appreciated! And we might have to star a Jar Sal Cult. >.> People really seem to like him.

Feolys - Yeah, you can't deny that the superpower thing is surreal. But thanks for noticing the serious aspects, Feo. X3 It's quite fun to write when I don't have writer's block...Arc 2 Chapter 3 will be in the works soon.

Four is Death

ExImplode07 wrote:
lunarkweh - It's always good to have new readers/outed lurkers. XD Comments are always appreciated! And we might have to star a Jar Sal Cult. >.> People really seem to like him.

Dibs on President.
Re: Project Kallisti - A Hero Could Save Us - NEW CHAPTER 02/10Topic%20Title

ANNOUNCEMENT

We have been DE'VED.
Project Kallisti is now on deviantart. We will update thar as frequently as we do here. There we also have fanart and fanfiction favorited, occasional journals, and more exciting things to come. (ie, maybe FAQs that we have no room for on the front page here. And assorted things that we have no room for on the front page here. XD)

Go friend us and you'll win the internet.

Also, if you upload your fanworks there, we will fav them.

Re: Project Kallisti - A Hero Could Save Us - *ANNOUNCEMENT*Topic%20Title

A Swimmer of Dreams

*uses a Phoenix Down on thread*

Blue Phoenix Down, that is. Anyway, as you know, that chapter was amazing, especially the part with Mask*DeMasque. XD And Phoenix getting eaten. And of course, the STEEL SAMURAI. AND ALSO THE NICKEL SAMURAI, WHO IS NOW A HOBO. *wtfgs4lol* Poor Matt, having to eat out of the trash. D:

*wait patiently for Chapter 7* I should draw something new for it.
Zetto San wrote:
I'm not one to hate on pairings, but that shit's just illogical.

||Fanfiction||deviantArt.com||Project Kallisti: A Hero Could Save Us...||

Official Lurker

:pearly: Thanks for the great read! I can't wait to find out their weakness... :gant: I love the drama-ey stuff best :wellington:

My only tips would be to.. use peoples names more, you keep switching point of view or the subject without saying the name so... sometimes I get confused as to whats happening or something. Other than that, it's good!

Oh also, someone already said this but... Edgeworth has infinite smoke bombs? What up with that?

So... I made some fanart.
Spoiler: Blue Phoenix! He's a happy one..

Or click here!
Spoiler: This time with text!

Or click here!
Spoiler: Now, a comic!

Or click here!

It's of when they were first flying... I think you said they were wearing raincoats, thus I added the raincoats and also.. I think maybe it was raining... So... opps :sadshoe: Sorry bout that, anywho enjoy.

I made these with a mouse and MS paint. :will: I feel good about myself.
Yes, I really hate that hat.

Sh1n1: <333 Yes, all characters eventually take the hobo route.

aki-bara: There's reasons for the infinite smoke bombs, actually. I think we just sort of forgot no one knows about that. *will have to consult Plode* Unless we changed it. It's an old idea.

We'll explain it eventually. XD

I'll let plode respond to the fanart. I'm too busy fangasming over it in the corner. You are made of win.

Sh1n1 -> <3 for the Sh1n1, as always. XD HOBO SAMURAI.

And thanks for your comment aki-bara! XDD Haha, wow, I didn't think anyone would ever draw that 'first flight' scene. Your drawings are incredible for MS Paint, and Nick hitting the sign is hilarious. It's like something from the blooper reel.

Mercs forgot all about the wearing raincoats and masks thing, and I keep forgetting to go back and edit the earlier chapters. x_x There probably are some bits in there that didn't get corrected during editing...we were both quite busy at that time, and Mercs didn't have much time to beta. Thanks for reminding me.

But anyway. Broken Edge's smoke bombs. Mercs just asked me about this on AIM...I guess our fans are more inquisitive than we thought. So, basically, what's generating the smoke bombs is nanotechnology, similar to what lets his sword repair itself. Inside the container there's a bunch of nanomachines, that build more smoke bombs from chemicals in the air as the set amount goes down. They're only small, about the size of marbles or small gumballs, so they regenerate pretty fast.

Edit: Just remembered - it wasn't raining in that scene, aki-bara; the coats were just Maya's INGENIOUS makeshift disguise. So no worries. XD

Last edited by ExImplode07 on Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Four is Death

Edgeworth's infinite smoke bombs come from...

Toxic emissions. Lay a message for the envireoment, people.

[edit] Plode cut me. But the source is pretty mcuh the same.

Official Lurker

Oh.. I'm glad you guys liked the pictures. :bellboy: Your compliments make me blush! And it's good to know it actually wasn't raining because its much easier to draw clear skies than cloudy ones... To me at least. So.. know my picture was easy to draw AND it was right :hotti: Win/

Also, thanks for explaining the infinite smoke bombs... and also the knife-fixey thingy. I don't know if that would actually work in real life but... hey xD Why questions nanotechnology when there are people with "spirit hands" and wings sprouting out of their back.

This fanfic really inspired me, so you guys will probably see some hand drawn and scanned photos. I really don't feel like using photoshop so -.- yes I'm lazy...

Anywho... my perdictions for ch.7: Matt gets punched in the face by Maya and pearl turns super saiyan to protect her cousin from the "evil" engarde.

Pshaw, because everyone knows the Fey are related to Son Goku... Der

:nick:

DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT

Allan's Aokage: Damn yooou. XD You've been through 3 names since Kallisti started, just pick one! lol *is kidding -not a big deal* And yes. Better watch out or I will ninja post you. *wishes there was a Broken Edge emoticon...maybe I should try making one, hm...*

Nanotechnology is awesome, aki-bara. XD Too awesome for detailed explanations! We'll be looking forward to more art, we've added your pictures to our 'fan section' post. And YES THE FEYS ARE SUPER SAIYANS. XDD Totally. The next chapter will consist mostly of screaming as they charge their attack.

EDIT: SPEAKING OF EMOTICONS. ImageImageImage

Last edited by ExImplode07 on Wed May 21, 2008 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Project Kallisti - A Hero Could Save Us - *SMILEYS*Topic%20Title

Official Lurker

EMOTES = AWESOME!!! :redd:

And I always knew they were aliens... what with their.. mysticness... and spirit... ness... >.>
Yeah... Wow.. Lame post, just wanted to say awesome emotes. :butzthumbs:

edit: Wow... so I made this comic of a scene from the first story arc and.. I really hate it >w< But I worked hard on it so I shall show it to you guys anyway... Please note the shading on the ear (the only thing I actually like from this..) I might shade the bedding later... but most likely... I'll just draw it ink it and then scan it... Enjoy if you dare

Spoiler: Edgey... SHOCKED!

oR CLICK HERE!

[Watchin' you]

I need to be reading more of this. XD;
But I do like what's been done with dear Atmey~♥
Those emotes are cute too. ♥

Aki-bara: That
is sort of really fantastic. *adds*
You win a lot of internets.

Yuu-chan: YUU :D Lovely to see you har.

[Watchin' you]

Hee. Good to be here. :>
-Boogies-

Official Lurker

Spoiler: blue phoenix

Or click here

MWAHAHA!!! :karma:

I did more art... >.> I feel bad for showing it to you guys actually, is there a way I could just upload it to the DeviantArt place directly to save you the trouble? I've never really used DeviantArt..... :sadshoe: Sorry...

So yeah, I did this in a blue pen. I just was suddenly in the mood to draw in ballpoint pen. And it was blue so... the blue Phoenix! Then of course I looked for a purple pen so I could draw Maya and then a red one for Edgeworth.. but to no avail :sadshoe: I think it looks good! I was surprised I did so well with ballpoint, normally I'm terrible with it. The bumpy background is because of my sketch book, FYI, also I colored it in photoshop with a low opacity brush, so expect that later. I hope you guys enjoy this.. even though the flames look lame, admittedly.

=D

You could probably make a dev account and we can friend you. Posting it here is perfectly fine too, it's all in our fanart sections.

Page 4 of 14 [ 531 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony