Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony

Page 1 of 1[ 2 posts ]

All Work and No Play makes Wright a Dull LawyerTopic%20Title

[Watchin' you]

Howdy y'all.

This is my first fic in a LONG time...And by that, I mean at least a year and a half for a serious fic.
This is not a serious trial fic like some people write...I wanted to take a more light-hearted approach, and tie in an old RP I had on the old forum.

I might change the title if I think of something better...Hm...

CantFaketheFunk convinced me to write a fic, and I shall stop blabbing and present you all with it.

"Oi, Nick! You should write these papers in the same color!"

The spiky-haired attorney lifted his head to look at his apprentice of sorts, a crooked brow raised. What was she ta----Oh...Now he remembered. He had written notes on the latest trial documents in red and blue ink....And even the slightest difference in what color red was used didn't slide under the radar of Kaoru Yuuka. Particular , almost to a fault, outside of court. She preferred to wear the color pink, in a vest-and-skort combo with a white dress shirt and a large red bow that tended to droop. He had suggested starch on a number of occasions, but she wouldn't have it. She was four years younger than him, but she made up for that [and her short stature] with a slightly domineering personality, and Nick had the upmost faith in her becoming a great attorney.

"Ah...sorry, Yuu-chan..," He replied, rubbing the back of his neck. In turn, she simply shook her head,the short chestnut strands dancing in mid-air, as the beginnings of a playful smirk tugging at her lips. This was bound to be trouble, that much the attorney knew. And when she was paired with Maya and Pearl.....Though granted, the three never did anything malicious. But Nick usually ended up in weird situations, like the time he ended up at the arcade with.....Edgeworth.

"Wright! What the hell are you doing here?"

Ah yes... Nick thought to himself. He had come out of nowhere, hadn't he? The memory was coming back to him now...and it had only been a year ago. Larry was there too, so was Franziska. But what stood out the most, was their karaoke. The three of them singing 'Sexy Back'... And how Miles was so flustered to sing the bridge of that song, made the attorney chuckle. Of course, Yuuka wasn't privvy to what he was thinking, and tilted her head, meandering over to wave a hand in front of his face.

"Nick...?

He blinked; It wasn't the hand per se, but the jingle of a pink bracelet that had brought him back to reality. "...What were you daydreaming about?" She now took a step back, a finger tapping her left cheek. It was as if she was trying to read his mind...of course, she didn't have a magatama to do so with. Nick remained silent, despite smirking as he stood. He was taking a page out of her book, driving the air of suspense before actually saying what it was that was on his mind; and maybe then, he would channel her silly energy just this once. And so, he picked up the darker of the red pens, a la a microphone, and propped a foot upon his desk.

"Come here girl
Go ahead, be gone with it
Come to the back
VIP
Drinks on me
Let me see what you're working with
Look at those hips
You make me smile
Go ahead child
And get your sexy on

Get your sexy on
"

He paused...Looking to her, as a seemingly long, awkward moment passed between the two...Yuuka looked at him, a sudden spark igniting in her eyes as she suddenly doubled over...

And began laughing uncontrollably. How could she have forgotten that! Such a wonderful performance, especially when Franziska altered the last chorus to suit her needs...Ah yes. But that day also carried bad memories. memories that Yuuka decided were the reason for supressing this memory until now. But she couldn't think about the past anymore; she had promised herself she wouldn't. That she would train under Nick [and maybe Miles ] to become 'a great attorney' like them. Even now, as she straightened and flicked a tear from her right eye, the memories of that night flooded back. And as a reflex, her left hand touched her cheek, where the remains of a dismal scar reminded her on a daily basis just why she decided this path.

Nick lifted his foot, dusting off the blue suit prosecutors deemed as "cheap"; true, it wasn't 'fashionable' like Franziska's, or Edgeworth's for that matter. But it was a suit, it was appropriate, and that was that. Yuuka had on occasion pointed out that his nickname of "Porcupine Head" or "hedgehog" made her think of a certain video game...

"Nick, where's Maya and Pearl?"

Yuuka seemed to have composed herself now, despite the nervous reaction of tugging on her earring. But that was a good question. Where were they? He had allowed Maya to take Pearl to the burger place across from the Gatewater Hotel for lunch...But that was....Wait. How long ago was that? He had been too busy reading [and trying to memorize ] the documents for tomorrow's case. He had reason to worry, what with how many times Maya's life had been in danger...

"Hm...Oh, I just remembered. Maya said something earlier about some new Steel Samurai video game. Remember?" Yuuka rubbed the back of her neck, an apologetic smile appearing. So it had slipped her mind as well...But! At least she had been listening to the girl at the time!

Nick sweatdropped, a hand smacking his forehead. Yuuka simply chuckled, though he bore a look of 'don't say anything'. And she bore a mischevious look, whilst holding her cell phone in hand, fingers poised to dial a number he believed was Edgeworth's. Oh God.. He waved his hands in protest, even lowered to his knees, begging as she pressed the "dial" button...Only to be met with a wagging finger.

"Miles Edgeworth speaking." Came the voice on the other line, and Yuuka smiled brightly, the red butterfly charm from her cell phone jingling softly.

"Miles! What's up?" Oh, how did the prosecutor know who was on the phone? It didn't matter. Miles smirked darkly to himself; He did hear the faint whimpers and pleas of Wright on the other end. Such a lovely opportunity had been presented to him.

"Kaoru. Put Wright on the phone, please."

She was...confused. But, she knew better than to incur the wrath of the Demon; his mannerisms at the arcade that night, how he was directing the investigators...He did his job, and he did it well. She handed the phone down to Nick, who swallowed hard, deciding to bite the bullet. As he took the phone, he could feel the intimidation Edgeworth was trying to put onto him, and smirked.

"Edgeworth."
"Wright. I'm aware you have a trial tomorrow..."
"Ah...y-yeah...."
"I assume you're prepared."
"....What are you getting at, Edgeworth?"

Miles chuckled. Nick was certainly too worked up. And if he knew Yuuka well enough, he figured she was smirking as well. They had secretly planned this together, Miles originally opposed to the whole ordeal, but swayed by Yuuka's persistence, especially since it had to do with the spiky-haired one.

"Meet me at the arcade, two blocks down. The Fey girls are already waiting for us."

What, is everyone against me? Nick idly thought, sideglancing Yuuka, who was meticulously scrutinizing the dust on his desk. He sighed....Four against one, he knew he'd already lost the battle. But Edgeworth, at an arcade?! The more he thought about it, the more he was intrigued, and the more Nick found himself no longer objecting to the idea. He barely noticed that Edgeworth had hung up, as he walked to the door.

"You ready Yuuka?" Man, if she stares at the dust in here any longer....Ugh. Guess I gotta clean it some day. It is beginning to make me sneeze...

"Psh. Look ahead of you, Nick." Yuuka stood on the sidewalk, again waving her hand in an "earth to Nick" motion. Man, he sure did daydream a lot. She chuckled, waiting until he was beside her, to tag his arm, and run off in the direction of the arcade, much as she did with Miles when he didn't drive them in his red sports car.

"Yuuka! Wait up! Geez..." Nick sighed, chuckling to himself as he took off after her.

There will be more than this...I don't want to rush it though. Comments and the like are appreciated.
Thanks for reading. Adrian

Edit: I know no one will believe this actually happened.

Last edited by Yuu-chan on Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: All Work and No Play makes Wright a Dull LawyerTopic%20Title

The hope that shines through despair.

Cuuuute. Nick does bring sexy back.
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony