Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

Sami's spritesTopic%20Title

Feel the Magic

Ohohoho! Welcome to my sprite topic. This first offering is actually my first PW sprite, as you'll probably be able to tell...
Tadaa! I managed to patch up most of what was bothering me (well, the hair still looks like crap, but other than that it seems to be satisfactory. Well, here it is... time to unveil her identity...
Spoiler: GS4 spoilers, and spoilers for the fanfic that may come to be. The contents are long- get ready for a long haul or prepare to have your head asplode
Name: Ayako Garyuu (If you are puzzled as to her relationship to the Garyuus... She's K+K's mother.)
Age: 39 (as of 2007, when the story I'm using her in takes place)

Personality: I guess it could be said that she can be summed up in these words: mama duck. She is rather protective of the boys, as one could guess. She would literally kill to make sure her boys were safe... and she did. However, she isn't calm and refined like Kirihito grows up to be- if anything, she's notable for her ability to SEVERELY overreact under pressure... or at certain buzzwords.

Misc. Facts: She seems to have some psychic/magic/whatever-you-want-to-call-them powers. The powers commonly activate under stressful situations. The power tends to manifest itself in a "mind-shock," which is fairly self explanatory, but she's put it to other uses as well. For example, she was so nervous after being arrested that she ended up shorting out the surveillance equipment [plot convenience, I know...] in the detention cell. Another potent power of hers is that she can "install" psycho locks on a person's memory or conscience [she does this to the witness, rendering her unable to remember the exact details of the murder]. However, when she overloads the "voltage," there are disastrous consequences... she accidentally put Justy Smith (the lawyer in my story) in a coma with this- she used the stress energy from him breaking her psycho locks to do so. It also seems she passed on these powers in a much weaker and more unstable form to Kirihito- so now you know how he levitates the food in 4-1 and what makes that OVER 9000 bit in 4-4 tick (which, by the way, was really just a massive waste of his energy- any more, and he could have stopped his heart. On the other hand, if he had more control over his power, he could have killed/KOed almost everyone in the courtroom, so...).

Her role in the story (this is more or less the whole story- skip this if you don't want head asplosion from my hokey plot): She is both the defendant and the murderer of the case at hand, but Justy gets her free because he's a weasel, the prosecutor's a n00b who hates his job, and the witness can't remember anything important. The victim, Tristan Sikes, had been blackmailing her for some time about her powers [don't ask how he found out]. Well, Mama G hasn't paid in a while because Sikes is a drunken loser who's too far gone to remember this. Well, he meets her again, only this time... he threatens her children and brandishes THE GUN. Well, you NEVER get away with threatening Mama Duck's babies, so she flips out and starts trying to turn the gun around. Her powers activate under the pressure, shocking Sikes long enough to reverse the gun (before I go on, I think I'll mention her fingerprints aren't on the gun because she was wearing gloves at the time). At this time, the witness comes out of her house. This startles Ayako into pulling the trigger, killing Sikes. Seeing that she's leaving a witness behind, she uses the excess energy to psycho-lock the witness's memory. The witness's memory stays clear only long enough to call the police and describe Ayako once she becomes conscious again.

...I apologize for any damages incurred by this wall o' text o' doom.

6/8/07: Update
A new character! This is who she is: (And yes, she's supposed to be abnormally short.)
Spoiler: Yup, another long biography. There might be a touch of Mary Sue-ness in here... And GS4 spoilers.
Name: Shannon Vane

Name Origin: Shannon/Sami is the name I give a lot of my important OCs. Vane comes from Sybil Vane, the love interest from The Picture of Dorian Gray.

Personality: Shannon's generally even tempered, but she's got a few quirks. Apparently, she also has a gentle, almost motherly side...

Misc. Facts: She says "Quite" a lot- it's sort of a catchphrase. She writes a little in her spare time... and burns the drafts she doesn't like.

Relation to PW characters: She's Kirihito Garyuu's ex-fiancee (the engagement was broken off for obvious reasons).

Her case: In the case I plan to put her in, she has been accused of killing Kirihito by poisoning him with his own poison-of-choice: atrocinine (they don't find the actual "murder weapon" till later in the case). Odoroki is on defense, as usual. Kyouya is the prosecutor, only this time he acts like a complete jerk, seemingly trying anything to convict the woman who may have killed his brother, until the truth becomes more and more clear. And when the truth gets out, he goes completely mute (he writes all of his responses instead). The truth? Kirihito Garyuu killed himself by licking the atrocinine-laced seal he put on the envelope containing his suicide notes. Yes, notes- there are three notes in the envelope: one for Shannon, one for Kyouya, and one for Odoroki.

I'll be posting the other characters as I make their sprites.
Ahih=makyan; Avatar art by LunaOfWater on DeviantArt.

Last edited by Sami-Fire on Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Re: Sami's spritesTopic%20Title

nuuuuu, stoooooop

I don't have much in the way of advice, but Maki from GS4 is a 14 year old boy, if you're looking for a good base.
ImageImage

太多時間

The arms are fine, just fix the hair and the neck.
Let us dye the world in despair, and bring a dismal end to this fairy tale.

Feel the Magic

Oh, good, I got the arms right... Well, the hair and neck should just be shifting a few pixels around. But what I can't figure out are her eyes. Lana's eyes are a blur of shades of brown with a black spot. Should I do the same when I recolor the eyes, but remove the black spot?
...Stay tuned...

Edit: I patched it up! Check the first post soon.

Feel the Magic

*cough* I don't know if I'm allowed to bump my own topic, but at least it's not a meaningless bump... I've got a new sprite up, and a new sig (I'll put my sig on this page when it retires). I should be able to get my new character a talking animation soon.

Built For The Kill

SHANNON IS HAWT. :hotti:

Mama Garyuu looks a little weird, though. Maybe it's because her body from the neck down needs some more shading. The ribbon on her hair looks weird as well; maybe you should swap that one with the little red ribbon on her neck.
I do not tolerate bullies. Good day.

Most concerned citizen out there.

Sami-Fire wrote:

She looks so pleasant looking.
Xbox Live: LadyDuoMaxwell
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites