Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 3 of 28[ 1102 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next
 


Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Posts: 1166

Link doesn't really work.

Aaand... Hm. I'm not sure if NSBT actually made these. I have no reason to doubt it, if he's Japanese, but if not... I know he posted them, but...

I keep crediting Chiori-san, considering it is the romanized login of a person who originally uploaded full sheet at the nicovideo with description including few notes about its development... (To which you linked to as image, anyway)

You need an account to see it in full view, so have it here instead.
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2922

Sligneris wrote:
Link doesn't really work.

Aaand... Hm. I'm not sure if NSBT actually made these. I have no reason to doubt it, if he's Japanese, but if not... I know he posted them, but...

I keep crediting Chiori-san, considering it is the romanized login of a person who originally uploaded full sheet at the nicovideo with description including few notes about its development... (To which you linked to as image, anyway)

You need an account to see it in full view, so have it here instead.

I remember on the old forums, NSBT posted these as a fake "GK3" and he has a video of it on Nicovideo (He's account is なしびと) But maybe I was wrong.
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Posts: 1166

...It appears to be correct, that video is linked in the sheet's description.

However, are you sure this is his account?...
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Apologize!!!

Gender: Male

Location: Echo Isles, Durotar

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:02 pm

Posts: 151

Anyway, the sprite looks clean! I tried this method sometimes, but I ended up using it as supporting method.. It looked so vague.
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2922

I finished editing the defense bench background!
Image

I tested it out with the witness stand background I edited, and here's the result (The blur effect is hard to replicate...):
Image


Last edited by SuperAj3 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

I just blue myself

Gender: Male

Location: Kangaroo City

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 1:42 pm

Posts: 475

Fantastic job, these are my favourites of your work. I'd be interested if you were to make a blur version but I understand it's incredibly difficult so it's up to you. Do you have the empty sources because I can't find them on the page. Like, the witness background and foreground separately, and the bench background and foreground separated? Thanks and great work!
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

But in all honesty, META humour sucks.
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2922

ReturnofthePhoenix wrote:
Fantastic job, these are my favourites of your work. I'd be interested if you were to make a blur version but I understand it's incredibly difficult so it's up to you. Do you have the empty sources because I can't find them on the page. Like, the witness background and foreground separately, and the bench background and foreground separated? Thanks and great work!


I do! Here:
Image Image Image
(I added the AAI one i just fixed, instead of the AJ one I used up there)

The defense bench is the same with the actual bench bart of the BG. I've tried making a blurred version, and I'm basing it off the older ones, so I may get it made soon!

Sligneris wrote:
...It appears to be correct, that video is linked in the sheet's description.

However, are you sure this is his account?...

Forgot to respond to you on this :payne:
It is his account, I sent him a PM on Nicovideo, and he remembered who I was.
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

I just blue myself

Gender: Male

Location: Kangaroo City

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 1:42 pm

Posts: 475

Combining your backgrounds with resizes of HD sprites and adjustments in brightness and contrast. Just having some fun.

Spoiler:
Image

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

But in all honesty, META humour sucks.
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2922

ReturnofthePhoenix wrote:
Combining your backgrounds with resizes of HD sprites and adjustments in brightness and contrast. Just having some fun.

Spoiler:
Image

Haha! They work quite well together! Edgeworth's one works really well!
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

OC Attorney At Law!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:03 am

Posts: 38

Can you make a background that's like the inside of one of those "diner car" restaurants?
I only need it for like, two scenes in the fan videos I'm making, so it doesn't have to be super detailed.
It's not a murder scene or anything like that too :/
a Crime photo would be nice too, but I haven't quite thought up what I want that to be.
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Apologize!!!

Gender: Male

Location: Echo Isles, Durotar

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:02 pm

Posts: 151

SuperAj3 wrote:
I finished editing the defense bench background!
Image

I tested it out with the witness stand background I edited, and here's the result (The blur effect is hard to replicate...):
Image
SuperAj3 wrote:
ReturnofthePhoenix wrote:
Fantastic job, these are my favourites of your work. I'd be interested if you were to make a blur version but I understand it's incredibly difficult so it's up to you. Do you have the empty sources because I can't find them on the page. Like, the witness background and foreground separately, and the bench background and foreground separated? Thanks and great work!


I do! Here:
Image Image Image
(I added the AAI one i just fixed, instead of the AJ one I used up there)

The defense bench is the same with the actual bench bart of the BG. I've tried making a blurred version, and I'm basing it off the older ones, so I may get it made soon!

Sligneris wrote:
...It appears to be correct, that video is linked in the sheet's description.

However, are you sure this is his account?...

Forgot to respond to you on this :payne:
It is his account, I sent him a PM on Nicovideo, and he remembered who I was.


:udgy: :beef: This is splendid! Thanks to you, trials set on PW can have high-quality courtroom! Your challenge to took out Faraday and some witness(Who was it..) worked well.
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Posts: 1166

Funny, when you consider that Sketchinmaster and Defenselawyer made these too :P
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2922

Sligneris wrote:
Funny, when you consider that Sketchinmaster and Defenselawyer made these too :P

As in, the edits of the AAI backgrounds? I made the witness stand back in 2011 I think. (Look at my sprite page on the old CR Here)
I found sketchinmaster's thread, and I loved his AAI Grossberg sprites! I couldn't find the bench background though. (I'm curious now hehe!)

Rajin wrote:
:udgy: :beef: This is splendid! Thanks to you, trials set on PW can have high-quality courtroom! Your challenge to took out Faraday and some witness(Who was it..) worked well.

Thanks! It was Mack Rell (Holy mackerel! :gant: )

Narutard 1.5 wrote:
Can you make a background that's like the inside of one of those "diner car" restaurants?
I only need it for like, two scenes in the fan videos I'm making, so it doesn't have to be super detailed.
It's not a murder scene or anything like that too :/
a Crime photo would be nice too, but I haven't quite thought up what I want that to be.

I may not have enough time to make one on request, sorry. If there's a photo reference you have, I could AA-ify it (As in, change size/colour palette.)
I quickly edited this photo (It's on wikipedia, so I'm not sure If I needed credit?):
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ustria.jpg
But this was the result:
Image
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

OC Attorney At Law!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:03 am

Posts: 38

Yes, that's what I'm looking for, just from a side angle on the inside.
Here's the outside of one http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... CEQQ9QEwAA
And this is a more accurate example of what I'm looking for when they're converted into full restaurants: https://www.google.com/search?q=diner+c ... B600%3B450

If you could AA-ify both of those (Just change "Micky's" to "Joe's" obviously ) that would be lovely :3
It's supposed to be Maya's favorite burger place xD Credit where credit is needed as usual.
I'm giving LXL credit for the OC sprite animations in all the videos even though it's told from Maxwell's point of view.
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2922

Narutard 1.5 wrote:
Yes, that's what I'm looking for, just from a side angle on the inside.
Here's the outside of one http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... CEQQ9QEwAA
And this is a more accurate example of what I'm looking for when they're converted into full restaurants: https://www.google.com/search?q=diner+c ... B600%3B450

If you could AA-ify both of those (Just change "Micky's" to "Joe's" obviously ) that would be lovely :3
It's supposed to be Maya's favorite burger place xD Credit where credit is needed as usual.
I'm giving LXL credit for the OC sprite animations in all the videos even though it's told from Maxwell's point of view.

I won't have any time at the moment, but you could always resize them? (The DS dimensions are 256px wide, 192px high)
Essentially that's what I did, but sorry, I can't do it right now :payne:
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2922

A little update,
I've seen many people colour in this scene:
Image
and so I thought I'd have a try at it:
Image
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

One truth always prevails

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:07 pm

Posts: 66

The coloring looks good and I love the sprite work you do.
Im part of the website Wolfduck Studios check it out if you get the chance you won't regret it. http://wolfduckstudios.com/
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2922

Dylanduck wrote:
The coloring looks good and I love the sprite work you do.

Thanks! :keiko: (I need to get back into more spriting! I'm starting to find the fun in it again!)
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

One truth always prevails

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:07 pm

Posts: 66

I know the feeling I just recently got back into it myself lol
Im part of the website Wolfduck Studios check it out if you get the chance you won't regret it. http://wolfduckstudios.com/
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2922

Speaking of spriting, I had a second try at an OC from scratch. This time it is.... Me!

Behold! Myself with my hideous looks in all my glory!
Spoiler: Colours too dark to see on the normal background...
Image
(I've just realised I screwed up spriting the face... Oh well! :keiko: )

Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Posts: 1166

...PROTO BADGER!? D:
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2922

Sligneris wrote:
...PROTO BADGER!? D:

Eh!? (Does it look that bad!? :Max-Cry: )
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Posts: 1166

All I can think about it is that it's human version of Proto Badger... It's scary ;;_;;
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2922

Sligneris wrote:
All I can think about it is that it's human version of Proto Badger... It's scary ;;_;;

I did say I screwed up the face... I'll have another try (I have no idea how to sprite a detailed face! )
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2922

I finally have a program to sprite with again!

Here's Robin Newman:
Spoiler: Spoiler pose
Image


Athena - Gah!
Image

Spoiler: 5-3 Comic
Image



Last edited by SuperAj3 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

I just blue myself

Gender: Male

Location: Kangaroo City

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 1:42 pm

Posts: 475

Spoiler:
You really need to put that Robin Newman sprite in a spoiler tag. She doesn't make that pose until she reveals she's a girl.


Anyway, it looks really good! Well done, SuperAj3! *thumbs up*
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

But in all honesty, META humour sucks.
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2922

ReturnofthePhoenix wrote:
Spoiler:
You really need to put that Robin Newman sprite in a spoiler tag. She doesn't make that pose until she reveals she's a girl.


Thanks! And fixed!
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2922

I won't be able to finish my works for a while, due to my exams currently...
I might do more DD sprites later.


Last edited by SuperAj3 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Posts: 508

JUSTICE IS NEEDED TO BE SPRITED! --Sorry I had to-
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2922

Well, my exams are over, so now to finish my entry for the Sprite Cup!
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Posts: 1166

Apollo now has no legs.

NOOOO WAAAAAAAAAY
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2922

Well, I entered the sprite cup, but with all the new sprites people are making and uploading, mine all look like shit by comparison, and so I give to you an edit! (Because I ain't good enough to do one from scratch! :larry: ) (Not my entry though, that's a secret surprise that took me forever to complete! :trucy: )
Image
Older Mia as a DA. I wanted to do this from scratch, but ended up re-using some of the body and face. (And I traced it out and everything :larry: )

A Comparison:
Image

(You can kinda tell I'm not in the happiest of moods, but I'm still keeping it together! :basil: )
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am

Posts: 214

Pardon my intrusion...
SuperAj3 wrote:
Image
Older Mia as a DA. I wanted to do this from scratch, but ended up re-using some of the body and face. (And I traced it out and everything :larry: )

I really like how you've done the hair. There's nothing wrong with re-using some of the original sprite especially since it's an edit. I didn't even notice that this sprite was edited until I saw the comparison.

I'm not sure if you're after critique or not, and I'm not too good with words either, so I made a visual to explain instead.
Spoiler: Critique if you want it
Image
Mia's highlights might actually be on their own perspective too because they're not quite in line with the blue but it's one pixel height and that's pixel art's natural margin of error in shading. And highlights perspective is really not worth thinking about since they're highlights, not objects, but it helps.

SuperAj3 wrote:
(You can kinda tell I'm not in the happiest of moods, but I'm still keeping it together! :basil: )

Don't let things get you down! Just remember to have fun.
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2922

mercurialSK wrote:
Pardon my intrusion...
I really like how you've done the hair. There's nothing wrong with re-using some of the original sprite especially since it's an edit. I didn't even notice that this sprite was edited until I saw the comparison.

I'm not sure if you're after critique or not, and I'm not too good with words either, so I made a visual to explain instead.
Spoiler: Critique if you want it
Image
Mia's highlights might actually be on their own perspective too because they're not quite in line with the blue but it's one pixel height and that's pixel art's natural margin of error in shading. And highlights perspective is really not worth thinking about since they're highlights, not objects, but it helps.


That's an interesting way of looking at the DA sprite's positioning! I never would've thought they lined up with the background. (little Complexities = big success it seems!) I'll try to touch it up, and level out those lapel lines so they're in-line.

Also, I moved her badge, as she wears it in a different position:
Image

EDIT: How's this?
Image Image
Before --------- After
(Feel free to view these up-close, some of the other edits like hair colouring might be harder to see, but her chest seems more in proportion!)

mercurialSK wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:
(You can kinda tell I'm not in the happiest of moods, but I'm still keeping it together! :basil: )

Don't let things get you down! Just remember to have fun.

Thanks! I'm going through a bit of a depressing phase, I'm sure it'll pass soon, I like to stay peppy! :basil:
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am

Posts: 214

Hmm, it probably wasn't smart of me to line the lapels with the background, I should have compared it to her shoulders, but I was just using it to compare the differences between official Mia and yours. Not all sprites will line up because each character has their own perspective since they can stand off on an angle. Just look for points that can connect into lines across the face (the pink lined part) and across the joints (like the shoulders) and make sure they're consistent.

SuperAj3 wrote:
EDIT: How's this?
Image Image
Before --------- After
(Feel free to view these up-close, some of the other edits like hair colouring might be harder to see, but her chest seems more in proportion!)

I always look at other peoples' sprites up-close, heh, my eyesight is bad and it's easier to see.

Yes, her chest does look much more even now! Unfortunately, because of her lapel blocking off the ability to add the brightest highlight, it still doesn't look completely even. It's more accurate compared to the original sprite but this is the point where referring has to stop and other additions begin - you'll either have to tone down the highlights on the right or exaggerate the midtone highlight on the left.

Spoiler: Quick mockup
I did both.
Image
I couldn't help but tamper with the badge so it looked flat instead of round.
...Also, I just noticed that her collar is too far open to the left/her right. So if you shuffle it a bit, you'll have more room for evening the shading.

SuperAj3 wrote:
Thanks! I'm going through a bit of a depressing phase, I'm sure it'll pass soon, I like to stay peppy! :basil:

Sounds like a plan. Keep at it!


Edit: Actually, with your permission, I'd like to include some of the stuff in these posts as an example under the resources in my own thread. I'll link back, of course. Do you mind?
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2922

mercurialSK wrote:
Yes, her chest does look much more even now! Unfortunately, because of her lapel blocking off the ability to add the brightest highlight, it still doesn't look completely even. It's more accurate compared to the original sprite but this is the point where referring has to stop and other additions begin - you'll either have to tone down the highlights on the right or exaggerate the midtone highlight on the left.

Spoiler: Quick mockup
I did both.
Image
I couldn't help but tamper with the badge so it looked flat instead of round.
...Also, I just noticed that her collar is too far open to the left/her right. So if you shuffle it a bit, you'll have more room for evening the shading.

Thanks for the advice! I'll take it into mind, and fix up the shading a little more (you're right that the collar is too wide on the left, I tried moving it in a little, but I guess it wasn't enough!)

mercurialSK wrote:
Edit: Actually, with your permission, I'd like to include some of the stuff in these posts as an example under the resources in my own thread. I'll link back, of course. Do you mind?

Sure! I'm fine with that!
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Posts: 1166

Whoaaa, this is niiiiice :D
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2922

Sligneris wrote:
Whoaaa, this is niiiiice :D

Thanks! :will:

I made another edit:
Image
and one with slightly re-vamped colours (just as a test):
Image
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Posts: 1166

It does look good, but shouldn't the palette match the AA1 sprites?
Re: SuperAj3's spritesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am

Posts: 214

SuperAj3 wrote:
I made another edit:
Image
and one with slightly re-vamped colours (just as a test):
Image

That looks much better! Very impressive. The revamped colours are nice too, a little saturation brings her sprite a long way.
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
Page 3 of 28 [ 1102 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: a.vader, Aeliren and 8 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO