Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 2 of 7[ 247 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Re: Rajin's SpritesTopic%20Title

One hyperactive finn.

Percei wrote:
I'm surprised you can bring yourself to use Windows 7's version of Paint without wanting you end yourself. I tried it for about 10 minutes before downloading Windows Vista's version of paint, which I continue to use to this day.

I thought I'm only one who thinks spriting with more advanced Paint makes physical pain! I have Windows Vista, but sometimes I try to sprite on library or at school, and I really suffer. :payne:

My name is Judge.

~Dataman~ wrote:
Percei wrote:
I'm surprised you can bring yourself to use Windows 7's version of Paint without wanting you end yourself. I tried it for about 10 minutes before downloading Windows Vista's version of paint, which I continue to use to this day.

I thought I'm only one who thinks spriting with more advanced Paint makes physical pain! I have Windows Vista, but sometimes I try to sprite on library or at school, and I really suffer. :payne:

It's not that the tools are too advanced, I can handle advanced tools, it's that they're overcomplicated simple tools PRETENDING to be advanced tools with an incredibly unnecessary user interface.

One hyperactive finn.

Percei wrote:
~Dataman~ wrote:
Percei wrote:

It's not that the tools are too advanced, I can handle advanced tools, it's that they're overcomplicated simple tools PRETENDING to be advanced tools with an incredibly unnecessary user interface.

Yeah, for example the line drawing. You can't draw two lines directly after each other, you have to start the new one from somewhere else.

Apologize!!!

Glacius wrote:
You use MS Paint?! :grey: I actually thought it was all done on Photoshop or something...

Can't wait to see more of your work! :will:

Actually I had hard time to make sprites with Photoshop. Simple ones are better for me to do pixel arts... :phoenix:
Please wait... My next goal is to make (nearly) full sheet of Simon!

Percei wrote:
I'm surprised you can bring yourself to use Windows 7's version of Paint without wanting you end yourself. I tried it for about 10 minutes before downloading Windows Vista's version of paint, which I continue to use to this day. But, excellent work nonetheless.

The hair on Blackquill's back sprite seems a little sharp. It's all very jagged and doesn't seem to flow like hair naturally would, try playing with more gradual shading instead of thick lines on the hair, and more curves as opposed to just straight lines.

I feel your pain though. I hate spiriting hair more than anything else in the world.

Oh.. I didn't know that kind of way exists.... :grey: Yes, I don't use many functions of Paint7..
When I see his hair.. I think so. Guess I'll have to put more colors?

~Dataman~ wrote:
Yeah, for example the line drawing. You can't draw two lines directly after each other, you have to start the new one from somewhere else.

Hmm... You're not saying to me but thx to you I found out that MS paint Vista's line functions were better. :grey:

My name is Judge.

Aye, the only good thing about Paint 7 is that it has extra undos, otherwise, I think it's overcomplicated. Try Vista's paint! I use it for all my spriting needs!

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-get-the-goo ... windows-7/

Apologize!!!

Thanks, Percei! So I'll use PaintNet to trace lines from source and further works will be done by Vista Paint. :kyouya:

I'm not sure if you forgot speaking frames for Nick's zoom sprite or what. ^^;

Seasoned Animator

You beat me to that comment.
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

Wow, Gaspen looks so different from Winston in that sprite xD

Perhaps because it's actually the only Gaspen sprite out there that isn't based on his brother's sprites... :godot:

Apologize!!!

Sligneris wrote:
I'm not sure if you forgot speaking frames for Nick's zoom sprite or what. ^^;

ApolloAvalon wrote:
You beat me to that comment.

Finally, someone found out that... (busted!) Before DD was released, I could not get sources for zoomed,talking animations and nodding/shaking head animations. Now I can get it, thanks to Bolt Storm, right? I'll do it soon.

Sligneris wrote:
Wow, Gaspen looks so different from Winston in that sprite xD

Perhaps because it's actually the only Gaspen sprite out there that isn't based on his brother's sprites... :godot:

I wanted a different look for him. I made one based on Winston but it was not very satisfying to me.. :payne:

There's a full playthrough that can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/madoushi/profile/pastBroadcasts

Apologize!!!

WarChild wrote:
There's a full playthrough that can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/madoushi/profile/pastBroadcasts

THANKS. Actually I knew only one with case 1 on vimeo. I'll make more Simon with it!

Hm. You could update Blackquil a little. His sprite looks sorta... Inaccurate? :yuusaku:

Apologize!!!

Sligneris wrote:
Hm. You could update Blackquil a little. His sprite looks sorta... Inaccurate? :yuusaku:

Sure. I was about to patch him with new poses.(After Nick's supplement...) Since there were some critiques.. :redd: Can you be more specific?

Seasoned Animator

I wish to use the Phoenix sprites please. :keiko:

You'll be credited.

Apologize!!!

ApolloAvalon wrote:
I wish to use the Phoenix sprites please. :keiko:

You'll be credited.

Go ahead! He's free man. His remaining animations will be done soon.

Rajin wrote:
Sure. I was about to patch him with new poses.(After Nick's supplement...) Since there were some critiques.. :redd: Can you be more specific?

I have hard time being specific

I believe its something about the face, specifically mouth and eyes. And that feather, not looking much like feather :sawit:

Fulbright and Juniper also look kinda weird.... Or it's just me. The latter reminds me kinda of a cat for some reason and Fulbright... hm. maybe try to lower the mouth a little? :yuusaku: In the case of the former... I think it's something about the mouth too.

...Here you have it, lots of mouth critique...

Apologize!!!

Wo...... You sure gave me a lot of critiques....O.O
Now i see them.... They sure look weird... Especially Bobby.
However... due to my lack of skill I don't get it how to change other two. Maybe I should ctrl v screenshots....? Hmm... Since I did their face by scratches, there can be malfunctions with positions of eyes and mouth^^;

I just blue myself

I'm animating some of your sprites; it's just a fun little timewaster I like to do. But I fear, have you already done this?

Spoiler: GS5 Phoenix
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

I timed it up with GS1 Phoenix's animations.

Also, may I use them for a video? I don't know for what yet but it might be handy/

EDIT: There we go! Finished! Two hours well spent.
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

But in all honesty, META humour sucks.

Last edited by ReturnofthePhoenix on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Apologize!!!

ReturnofthePhoenix wrote:
I'm animating some of your sprites; it's just a fun little timewaster I like to do. But I fear, have you already done this?

Spoiler: GS5 Phoenix
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Also, may I use them for a video? I don't know for what yet but it might be handy/

EDIT: There we go! Finished! Two hours well spent.

WoW! :grey: That's sure a great! work! I really appreciate you. I haven't do it.. yeah :edgy: GS1's timing is perfect. :kyouya:
Sure, you can use nick for it!

My name is Judge.

Seeing those sprites animated, and in the courtroom, I have absolutely no doubt about how incredible they are. Kudos, friend, kudos to you.

Hm. Some of the animations are too fast, such as idle one. I will try to reanimate (pun not intended) them later.

Seasoned Animator

Maybe it's me, but isn't Phoenix missing the start up animation of his confident pose?

I just blue myself

Sligneris wrote:
Hm. Some of the animations are too fast, such as idle one. I will try to reanimate (pun not intended) them later.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to completely disagree with you here. To animate these sprites, I synced them up exactly with Phoenix's original animations from the original 2D games. Sure, they can seem a little fast but in fact, one could say that, they are the official Capcom timing. It may look strange with these high quality sprites but that's how Phoenix has always talked.

ApolloAvalon wrote:
Maybe it's me, but isn't Phoenix missing the start up animation of his confident pose?

He's missing plenty of things from DD. Many frames of his objection, a lot of those start up animations, different camera angles. I think Rajin's aim was to emulate the original game's animations but with sprites resembling Dual Destinies. Thus, the start up animations (that were never in the original games) weren't included.

My name is Judge.

Not to mention the fact that Raijin hasn't even finished the Phoenix set, who knows what other poses and frames will be added. I for one, await with bated breath.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to completely disagree with you here. To animate these sprites, I synced them up exactly with Phoenix's original animations from the original 2D games. Sure, they can seem a little fast but in fact, one could say that, they are the official Capcom timing. It may look strange with these high quality sprites but that's how Phoenix has always talked.

Unfortunately that does not work with the Dual Destinies sprites, as timing of the animations in the game is different. The best solution would be ripping the timings from the game, but these were official for the original trilogy - not for DD. For which these timings are too fast in my opinion.

Seasoned Animator

They look more fluid, I think.

I just blue myself

Sligneris wrote:

Unfortunately that does not work with the Dual Destinies sprites, as timing of the animations in the game is different. The best solution would be ripping the timings from the game, but these were official for the original trilogy - not for DD. For which these timings are too fast in my opinion.

Have you seen the animations of Dual Destinies? The talking animations of typical Phoenix Wright games (including GS4 and GK1+GK2) are three frames for the mouth. Since the sprites in Dual Destinies are not in fact sprites but completely new 3D models, they have...a LOT more than three frames. The mouth movements are much more detailed and it would be 1. impossible to emulate and 2. impossible to time with. If you want to try to make it fit, be my guest, but it would look less fluid if you try to slow it down.

The world ends with you

Rajin, do you take requests?

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

JoekerTrack wrote:
Rajin, do you take requests?

Answer :karma::
Rajin wrote:
Sorry.. I don't take any requests or project-participation now.

Apologize!!!

Wow.. bunch of replies.. sorry for late appearance... There was an WCS final yesterday. :hotti:
Well I'll do this step by step...

Percei wrote:
Seeing those sprites animated, and in the courtroom, I have absolutely no doubt about how incredible they are. Kudos, friend, kudos to you.

You praising me that much... :bellboy: :acro: :larry: Thank you. It's just because of good animations. :will:

Animations {[Sligneris][ReturnofthePhoenix][ApolloAvalon]};
I think RotP's animations are very good. But there's no official animations for my mere custom sprites so making other gifs and using them are free, isn't it? :hotti: Well, I think less fluid ones are less fluid, but could be feel like AJ ones. :kyouya:

Missing sheets {[ApolloAvalon][Percei][ReturnofthePhoenix]};
Yes, to finish this sheet faster, I omitted start-up animations for all poses. Well, my current goal is remaining finger-moving objection sheets... I'm afraid start-up animations will be delayed. :redd: First aim is to mock AJ style. :odoroki:

Requests {[JoekerTrack][Tiagofvarela]};
hehheh.. Thanks, Tiagofvarela!

P.S. head nodding/shaking sheets added. :phoenix:

My name is Judge.

Love the new poses. Looking at your sheet, a little thing jumps out at me about Phoenix's "normal" pose. The frame where his eye is fully closed, the lids close at a very steep angle when, considering the angle of his face, the eyelids would meet in a more straight line.

Look at the way you have the half-closed frame in the normal pose, notice how it is straighter, try to echo the lid angle from the half-closed in the fully closed.

Just a small nitpick, of course, because the sprites are so awesome on the whole.

EDIT: One other thing, the angle of Phoenix's bashful-awkward-grin pose, his grin is at a really odd angle, really steep compared to how it would actually be on his face, try rotating it a few degrees counter clockwise to sit better with his jaw and see where that gets you!

Apologize!!!

Thanks for critiques! Well received. Before doing other characters, I'm considering about revamping/polishing his whole sheet. These will be included there.! I'll try much harder! :phoenix:

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

Well, for any doubtfull people, I added the originals next to the images for comparison
Spoiler: GS5 and GS1 Phoenix
ImageImage ImageImage

ImageImage ImageImage

ImageImage ImageImage

ImageImage ImageImage

ImageImage ImageImage

ImageImage ImageImage ImageImage

ImageImageImage ImageImage

...This is the same guy, right?

I think it shouldn't be hard to tell why some just feel wrong.

Hm. Thinking and damage poses don't really work this way in Dual Destinies... :sawit:

Also, Pointing sprites seem to be using wrong frames for half-opened "o". It should be that one with the mouth filled with white...

...I'm bad at stating my points properly. I will show it instead

ImageImage

Last edited by Sligneris on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Call me Kass.

/snerking at the cumberedgey comment :redd:

Apologize!!!

Well, I don't know nothing about animations... so :payne: I won't join this. I'm not making fan-games with those.. :sawit:

nwghibli wrote:

Hehheh,, This time, I doodled your choice.

He's called Hennick.

Call me Kass.

Rajin wrote:
Well, I don't know nothing about animations... so :payne: I won't join this. I'm not making fan-games with those.. :sawit:

nwghibli wrote:

He's called Hennick.

asdsfdjkfsjfkds SCREAMS

wow this is so cool it's like my fancasting come to life! you should make a gaspard ulliel edgey... :edgy:

Hm... Are you going to update on your Hobo sprites? :think-pw:

Apologize!!!

nwghibli wrote:
Rajin wrote:

nwghibli wrote:

He's called Hennick.

asdsfdjkfsjfkds SCREAMS

wow this is so cool it's like my fancasting come to life! you should make a gaspard ulliel edgey... :edgy:

:keiko: hmm... when I do DD edgey I'll make one of it. Just a present? heh.

Sligneris wrote:
Hm... Are you going to update on your Hobo sprites? :think-pw:

If you want it, then I'll update it. I didn't do it because that Hobo was made in 2009... :hobohodo:
Page 2 of 7 [ 247 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites