Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 2 of 3[ 86 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Sky's Sprites! [Update 11/28/13: More space kid!]Topic%20Title

In justice we trust!

Scent wrote:
Question: the quality of yours sprites is impressive, as in, the colors, they're vibrant, like HD. xD
How did you achieve this?

...use more vibrant colours? Don't use unsaturated colours or complimentary colours for lineart, shadows, stuff like that???? I don't know what to say here.

Sligneris wrote:
Please keep both of them in the thread, k? ^w^

Okay!
Click on Kamila to go to my Sprite Thread!

The new version of the sprite looks fine. It's much sharper now for obvious reasons and there are a few minor nitpicks from a pixel by pixel level but those show up whenever the colour count is throttled anyway. These are just places where anti-aliasing doesn't show up altogether. I think what's really interesting are the colours that GIMP picked out to save since there should be more purples and less skin.

Alas, the skin-shaded Magatama is something that's just going to be.

Edit: Congrats on getting a page 2! :)
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling

Excuse the double post, but Sky - here's an idea, what if you tried to create your own colour palette instead of just restricting the colours? What I meant by nitpick level earlier is that the pixels used to anti-alias are too light/dark instead of being a midtone so the edges still appear sharp, but that's because GIMP's equation is unable to realise that. And then theoretically you can import the same palette for each new sprite you make instead of having to do things manually all over again. But really, it is all quite nitpicky, I'm just being fussy...

In justice we trust!

I think in the end I might not bother reducing the colours... it's a lot easier to work with the full range of colours than restrict it. Plus I won't cry after every sprite knowing I have to fix it later |D I suppose it's not the full Ace Attorney way but oh well;;

Spartan-142 wrote:
I think in the end I might not bother reducing the colours... it's a lot easier to work with the full range of colours than restrict it. Plus I won't cry after every sprite knowing I have to fix it later |D I suppose it's not the full Ace Attorney way but oh well;;

Fair enough. That's as far as my studies go, though. I haven't learnt enough to continue critiquing as I'd like to.

The design for Katrina is very nice, I second the idea that your outfit designs are fantastic. I really like the sprite, it looks amazing. The colour scheme is really pleasing in its subtlety, but seem more suited toward an AAI sprite - I don't think that was your intention?
Anatomically, her torso is uneven, her far shoulder should be further out and the other arm should more visible. The line of her back is also slightly confusing where it meets the sleeve - how is she standing?
Re: Sky's Sprites! [Update 12/08/13: Fangame sprites!]Topic%20Title

In justice we trust!

It wasn't, and I guess it is kind of unsaturated, but that's what her colour scheme's supposed to be like. It contrasts nicely against the main defense attorney, I think. Or compliments. I just mean her colours work well with him.

I borrowed her shoulder pose from Mia, so it should be fine I think.. I can see what you mean though. She's not standing like Mia, who was standing straight. It's a little more like Calisto, or some of the male prosecutors? She's kind of relaxed...? If that's the right word. If the arm wasn't there the line would go straight down, or slight curve to the left.

Spartan-142 wrote:
It wasn't, and I guess it is kind of unsaturated, but that's what her colour scheme's supposed to be like. It contrasts nicely against the main defense attorney, I think. Or compliments. I just mean her colours work well with him.

Okay. I have a few concerns for the background being too saturated in comparison.

Spartan-142 wrote:
I borrowed her shoulder pose from Mia, so it should be fine I think.. I can see what you mean though. She's not standing like Mia, who was standing straight. It's a little more like Calisto, or some of the male prosecutors? She's kind of relaxed...? If that's the right word. If the arm wasn't there the line would go straight down, or slight curve to the left.

I've tried several drawovers but I'm still not sure how to explain. I think the problem is the line of buttons, they curve in a way that suggest strange interaction between her ribs, stomach and hips. The jacket on the left doesn't have as much volume as where it flips out on the right so it looks like that area is a front view instead of a side view. Hopefully this makes sense.

Spoiler: Edit
The canon bench sprites all drawn/shaded in a way that allow parallel perspective lines to be drawn. That's probably it - I probably only noticed something wrong because I've been staring at bench sprites for the last several hours.

In justice we trust!

mercurialSK wrote:
I've tried several drawovers but I'm still not sure how to explain. I think the problem is the line of buttons, they curve in a way that suggest strange interaction between her ribs, stomach and hips. The jacket on the left doesn't have as much volume as where it flips out on the right so it looks like that area is a front view instead of a side view. Hopefully this makes sense.

Yeah, I'm... staring at that sentence but it's not making too much sense to me...

mercurialSK wrote:
Spoiler: Edit
The canon bench sprites all drawn/shaded in a way that allow parallel perspective lines to be drawn. That's probably it - I probably only noticed something wrong because I've been staring at bench sprites for the last several hours.

Oh damn, I didn't notice that. I should put it down on my list of things to pay attention to when I make sprites. I'll go back and fix that soon. Thanks!

Apollon Flame

Heya! I'd like to use your "Space Kid" sprites for something small, can I please?
A King

in name

alone...
Re: Sky's Sprites! [Update 12/13/13: Updated Fangame sprite!Topic%20Title

Prosecutor

Genius!
I like Your drawings! My compliments above all for Maya, Clay and Your Prosecutor.

I spent a long time trying to work out why Katrina looks so different even though you fixed the pose before realising you've changed the colours as well. Looks good! She's very pretty. :pearl-blush:

Apollon Flame

mercurialSK wrote:
I spent a long time trying to work out why Katrina looks so different even though you fixed the pose before realising you've changed the colours as well. Looks good! She's very pretty. :pearl-blush:

I concur. Her new colors look simply marvelous! :jake:
A King

in name

alone...

In justice we trust!

Scent wrote:
Heya! I'd like to use your "Space Kid" sprites for something small, can I please?

Go ahead! I do plan on fixing the fact that his head is so goddamn big though, so when I fix that you can use it too.

mercurialSK wrote:

Yep! I decided the colours were too dull so I made it a bit more saturated. I also redrew the whole body because damn the old one would not fix itself. Also, the sprite is smaller because I drew it too big before.

Apollon Flame

Spartan-142 wrote:
Scent wrote:

Go ahead! I do plan on fixing the fact that his head is so goddamn big though, so when I fix that you can use it too.

mercurialSK wrote:

Yep! I decided the colours were too dull so I made it a bit more saturated. I also redrew the whole body because damn the old one would not fix itself. Also, the sprite is smaller because I drew it too big before.

Hmm... It IS a bit big, not that much of an issue, though, so it's still a nice work of (sprite) art! :redd:
A King

in name

alone...

Spartan-142 wrote:

Heh, that happens. Sizing is the hardest thing to get right when drawing, I think. I spend just as long tweaking a sprite nowadays as I do drawing one.

Also, your design for Katrina is so pretty I couldn't help but draw art of her. Hopefully you and Percei don't mind.
Spoiler: Image
Ugh, I'm so out of practice.

In justice we trust!

We don't mind! Actually Percei is freaking out right now 'cause we've got fanart and we haven't even finished a single case yet XDD

Spartan-142 wrote:
We don't mind! Actually Percei is freaking out right now 'cause we've got fanart and we haven't even finished a single case yet XDD

Heh. Well. Better get a move on then, Percei. Image

Art Person

I'm absolutely gobsmacked by your amazing sprites Sky! :basil:
Re: Sky's Sprites! [Update 12/23/13: More Fangame sprite!]Topic%20Title

A HUGE fan of Phoenix Wright

Those Maya Fey sprites are so awesome! Can I use them?

In justice we trust!

Neros Urameshi wrote:

Go ahead! More will be coming soon, so keep your eyes peeled for them :'>

Spartan-142 wrote:
Neros Urameshi wrote:

Go ahead! More will be coming soon, so keep your eyes peeled for them :'>

More sprites of Maya? Like new poses?

Indeed, I believe the "cheerful" sprite along with nodding is missing, as well as the "determined" one.

Come to think of it, she does look pretty grown-up, but her expressions are still pretty kid-like. ^^;

Seasoned Animator

Phoenix did say this kid I know keeps sending them to me.
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter
Re: Sky's Sprites! [Update 01/09/14: More Master Maya!]Topic%20Title

Poop joke

It seems like one of your Maya sprites slipped it's way into the Space Kid spoiler tag, just mentioning that for the sake of mentioning it!

I really like how these sprites look! They're very nice to look at (and I wish I could say more, but I'm not the best at this kind of thing.)

a.k.a. Spazzy-Wings

... Oh wow! These are really cool! I am truly envious that you are talented enough to animate your own sprites. :udgey: I am having to do the opposite of what you are doing because my art style doesn't match very well to Phoenix Wright.

Man, this is so confusing... Everything about Maya's sprites is perfect and yet I still feel like there is some sort of "adult" touch to it that should be there but is missing...

She is the same age as Franzy and Blackquill, after all. It's going to bother me whenever I'd be using them xD

Seasoned Animator

You mean the master's talisman like Misty's?

No, not really. I would expect her to change a bit? I don't know. They handled it well with Ema ;w;

In justice we trust!

Yeah, I suppose Maya could've changed a lot more... I don't feel particularly motivated to make more sprites for her right now though. I'm leaving it as is right now and if anyone REALLY needs something like bench sprites or something like that I can think about it.

I dunno I think she looks fine. She's only in her late 20's so she won't have aged that much.

Also I'm just grateful that you didn't inflate her boobs.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

a.k.a. Spazzy-Wings

Louise wrote:
I dunno I think she looks fine. She's only in her late 20's so she won't have aged that much.

Also I'm just grateful that you didn't inflate her boobs.

I agree. I like that the most about Maya sprites.

Hmmm... I wonder... What would sprites of the DeLites and the Circus look like in Dual Destiny times? I am guessing not much has changed except for Moe (seeing he is the new ringmaster and all...) but maybe some slight changes have occurred for the slowly maturing Regina?

I am really not requesting those sprites, but I am working on an AU where Regina had a similar backstory to Pearl; her father tried to kill off any chance at anyone taking his place as the Ringmaster. When he was arrested for being the real killer in the alternate reality's Maximillion case, Regina would have taken his place after marrying Maximillion. I am probably just rambling and being weird. :ron:

Hm... I don't know. I'm pretty certain she still would be pretty much the same Maya as ever, however she would have some changes indicating that she's more adult now. Lively, but responsible. I think it'd mostly about her poses, considering her "idle" pose is nothing but perfection. Not that it matters, actually. xD

Seasoned Animator

*scratches head...*

If you could make a courtroom sprite of her standing next to Phoenix here...

Hmm... I wonder, do you think you could make a small change in Maya's design? Basically, the topknot.

ImageImage

As you can see, it was a nice touch on Ema's redesign, and I'd be interested to see how something like this would look on Maya. I'd also like to request "determined" and "confident" expressions on a default sprite's body base, if that's not too hard ^^;

Basically some ideas inspired by (or just completely copied from) these posts on Ask Ace Attorney

Last edited by Sligneris on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

French

Your spriting style is really clean and inspiring, this is some awesome job!

In justice we trust!

Nothing new to add to this thread, but I should add that I don't take requests now, because I have too many things to do. Anyone who might've requested something from me before, I'm sorry, I can't do it. Don't wait on me to do it.

Y'know

Hey, looking at these sprites of yours, you have a really amazing talent! Really, Im speechless... This Maya is an entry for the Sprite Cup, right?

Huh... I've seen a few Master Maya sprites, but none like these! Would it be a problem if I used them?

You mentioned that you don't do requests, but do you do commissions?

In justice we trust!

Nearavex wrote:
Hey, looking at these sprites of yours, you have a really amazing talent! Really, Im speechless... This Maya is an entry for the Sprite Cup, right?

Huh... I've seen a few Master Maya sprites, but none like these! Would it be a problem if I used them?

Nope, there's no problem if you use them so long as you don't edit them for anything other than resizing/changing the animation frame order and timing.

Squaromatic wrote:

Sorry, it doesn't sit right with me to take commissions for Ace Attorney style sprites. I do take commissions for art in general though, but you're probably not looking for that.

In justice we trust!

Nearavex wrote:

Nope, there's no problem if you use them so long as you don't edit them for anything other than resizing/changing the animation frame order and timing.

Squaromatic wrote:

Sorry, it doesn't sit right with me to take commissions for Ace Attorney style sprites. I do take commissions for art in general though, but you're probably not looking for that.
Page 2 of 3 [ 86 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites