Page 3 of 5[ 178 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/1: Apollo Co-Counsel (1/6Topic%20Title

Will you make one more DD-like version?

I ended up fixing the eyes.

ImageImage | Larger

Dylanduck wrote:
This is a awesome sprite of Apollo bench sprites you made and good luck with drawing the bracelet.

Thanks. :phoenix: I feel a distinct improvement in being more similar to the Ace Attorney style.

Sligneris wrote:
Will you make one more DD-like version?

What do you mean?
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling

Art Person

mercurialSK wrote:
I ended up fixing the eyes.

ImageImage | Larger

I saw this and I was like "Wasn't this pose in game?" Then I realised it's a custom sprite! The best way to know you've done a good fan sprite is if it fools someone!

I meant the version of him on our left.

Probably not. There's no interest in replicating the DD courtroom as far as I know.

I'm probably only going to do one more Apollo set after this one, maybe coat Apollo or three piece suit or school uniform young Apollo depending on what people prefer.

Edit: Somehow missed this post.
SuperAj3 wrote:
I saw this and I was like "Wasn't this pose in game?" Then I realised it's a custom sprite! The best way to know you've done a good fan sprite is if it fools someone!

Thank you very much for the words! :bellboy:

mercurialSK wrote:
Probably not. There's no interest in replicating the DD courtroom as far as I know.

...There is. Rajin made something like that, iirc.

Sligneris wrote:
mercurialSK wrote:

...There is. Rajin made something like that, iirc.

Oh. My bad. Heh, I'm pretty new to fangames, sorry.

Update:
ImageImage | Larger
Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 17/1: Apollo Co-Counsel (2/6Topic%20Title

Hm... The way you animate these sprites seems to be a little bit unusual.

Last edited by Sligneris on Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 17/1: Apollo Co-Counsel (2/6Topic%20Title

Well, I just noticed that there's a duplicate frame in the talk animation that makes it look as if he stops...
Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 21/1: Crossover spritesTopic%20Title

Apollon Flame

mercurial don't expect posts from me saying that your sprites are awesome because they already are and don't deserve any complement since, yeah, they're awesome! But wait, I said awesome three times in a row already. Oh well~

But yeah, keep up the good work, mercs. The Prosecutor Justice sprites, AS. ALWAYS. Are good looking. Blackquill as a dragonslayer looks AWESOME (count: 4), but there's something about his face that doesn't rub with me, he looks too feminine. Then there's Apollo's bench sprites: again great, but his face, he looks manly, like, Anime-ish manly (the same goes for Blackquill: he looks Anime feminine).

All in all, you get a 9.7 out of 10 from me. The .3 is because the faces don't look like the original, but that's a personal nag, lol, so nothing big.
A King

in name

alone...
Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 21/1: Crossover spritesTopic%20Title

Welcome back, and thanks. I still have a ways to improve though, so that's what I'm working on. I should probably get around to posting Prosecutor Justice's bench sprites too...

Scent wrote:
Blackquill as a dragonslayer looks AWESOME (count: 4), but there's something about his face that doesn't rub with me, he looks too feminine.

Hmm. Okay. It's always pretty hard to keep my own style out when I'm scratching. :payne:

Scent wrote:
Then there's Apollo's bench sprites: again great, but his face, he looks manly, like, Anime-ish manly (the same goes for Blackquill: he looks Anime feminine).

Is the problem in his face or his body, and which sprite? Like, if you cover the face or cover the body, which one looks manly? Because I sort of used the DD face shape and pose with GS4 style lines and colouring, so that might be why.

Scent wrote:
All in all, you get a 9.7 out of 10 from me. The .3 is because the faces don't look like the original, but that's a personal nag, lol, so nothing big.

...I'll get that .3 eventually. :franny:
Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 11/2: Large updateTopic%20Title

So I'm not dead, just busy. :)

The full Prosecutor Justice set can be viewed here (Page is 3MB and contains 35 animated gifs).

I'm no longer using the brush tool to sprite except for the bench zoom sprites, because it's just faster. Black★Rock Shooter was the last sprite made using the brush tool.

Apollo's co-counsel sprites are on hold because I've finally gotten sick of spriting him. I might go back to them later.

I've been working on a sprite set for drvonkitty's Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney, experimenting with edits and headflipping in order to cut down spriting time. It's still incomplete (10/20) but the sprites so far can be viewed here (Page is 2MB and contains 32 animated gifs).
Spoiler: Preview gifs
Image Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Hmm, im thinking of using one of your CC polly sprites, but im afraid it might look weird considering ive already got different looking ones.
Difficult-looking legal books stand in a formidable row. They mock me. I tried reading one, and it made my head hurt. When I closed it, it slipped out of my hand. Then my foot hurt too. - Phoenix Wright

My fangame: Morgan Wright: Ace Attorney is right here: viewtopic.php?t=30205

Fan since 2005!

Awesome work! You're really good!!

Your sprites look like they came right out of the game! :)

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

:beef:

To be honest, I was expecting at least a few mere sprites, but it turned out to be completely different. I absolutely ADORE your sprites, especially the first ones (you just made Apollo 1000 times sexier) and wow, I am completely stunned out of the blue.

Please.. keep up the good work. The world needs more spriters than you. :')

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

Sara-Lily wrote:
Awesome work! You're really good!!

Your sprites look like they came right out of the game! :)
Mary Faraday wrote:

:beef:

To be honest, I was expecting at least a few mere sprites, but it turned out to be completely different. I absolutely ADORE your sprites, especially the first ones (you just made Apollo 1000 times sexier) and wow, I am completely stunned out of the blue.

Please.. keep up the good work. The world needs more spriters than you. :')

Thank you very much for the words. There's still a long way for me to go.

MrTailsluver wrote:
Hmm, im thinking of using one of your CC polly sprites, but im afraid it might look weird considering ive already got different looking ones.

The current sprites should be treated as temporary, because I have plans to rehaul them later. They're usable, but could be much better.

--
Minor update: I've changed my terms of use policy so linking me to works is now mandatory. I'll be linking out to those locations in my opening post, so any trials/edits/etc with my sprites that I do not link to are not allowed to use my sprites. It's like asking for permission in reverse :)
If you have used my sprites, please let me know so I can add your work immediately.

I also have my hands full with a set of secret sprite animations... those will turn up, eventually. :shoe:

Y'know

Hmm. Wasn't Lionel originally Lind's free-to-use character?

Nearavex wrote:

Same name, different character. drvonkitty just used the name for his own original character (originally Kristoph's sprites were used).

Maybe they're alternate universe versions. I don't know. :hobolaugh:

Apollon Flame

mercurialSK wrote:
So I'm not dead, just busy. :)

The full Prosecutor Justice set can be viewed here (Page is 3MB and contains 35 animated gifs).

I'm no longer using the brush tool to sprite except for the bench zoom sprites, because it's just faster. Black★Rock Shooter was the last sprite made using the brush tool.

Apollo's co-counsel sprites are on hold because I've finally gotten sick of spriting him. I might go back to them later.

I've been working on a sprite set for drvonkitty's Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney, experimenting with edits and headflipping in order to cut down spriting time. It's still incomplete (10/20) but the sprites so far can be viewed here (Page is 2MB and contains 32 animated gifs).
Spoiler: Preview gifs
Image Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Wow! Nice job on finishing Prosecutor Justice! :phoenix: Congrats on wining second place on the spriters cup, by the way.
A King

in name

alone...

mercurialSK wrote:
Nearavex wrote:

Same name, different character. drvonkitty just used the name for his own original character (originally Kristoph's sprites were used).

Maybe they're alternate universe versions. I don't know. :hobolaugh:

I originally used Lind's sprites for him but changed to Kristoph after I did my first revamp of the first case. The name just sort of stuck, but if Lind wants me to change it, I'd gladly do so.
Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 24/5: Apollo Counsel V2 (1-3Topic%20Title

Hm. Long time no update.

I finally got around to doing more work on the Apollo co-counsel set after taking a break because I was stuck on the second pose for forever. The one used now I think is version 4. The old poses have been cleaned up too so the whole set is pretty much a V2 now too.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

...After studying and practicing and everything, I still hate that bracelet.

Edit: This thread has 100 posts? Wow. Thanks guys.

Art Person

haha, that bracelet. I didn't notice anything with it until I read your comment. Still they're all so excellent! The sleeve creases especially!

Orange juice attorney

Hey there- I was wondering, do you take sprite requests or somissions at all? Your sprites are really fantastic!

athenacykes wrote:
Hey there- I was wondering, do you take sprite requests or somissions at all? Your sprites are really fantastic!

Hey, thanks :) This thread does need updating and new content though, heh.

I don't do requests, only commissions, sorry.

Orange juice attorney

hah that was supposed to say "commissions" I just can't type. What kind of payment do you take- paypal, some sort of internet points (like Deviantart points) other art, or something else? Are they open right now? ANd if so, what are your prices? ^^ (would it be better if I were to PM you?)

athenacykes wrote:
hah that was supposed to say "commissions" I just can't type. What kind of payment do you take- paypal, some sort of internet points (like Deviantart points) other art, or something else? Are they open right now? ANd if so, what are your prices? ^^ (would it be better if I were to PM you?)

PM'd. :)

Writer

Just stopped by to say: fantastic work! Especially for the Apollo co-counsel, it's fantastic (I like them much more than the DD rips that are already out there in AAO forums). Hope to see the other 3 poses! I'm thinking of using them in a fangame. No problem to use them if I include you in the credits?

Mr. Onizuka wrote:
Just stopped by to say: fantastic work! Especially for the Apollo co-counsel, it's fantastic (I like them much more than the DD rips that are already out there in AAO forums). Hope to see the other 3 poses! I'm thinking of using them in a fangame. No problem to use them if I include you in the credits?

No problem at all. I'd appreciate a link back to where you use it though, so I can link out to it again :)

--
Wow, it's nearly been five months since I've updated. Huh.

I should probably hurry up and revamp/sprite dump faster... XD
Re: Sprites (and such), by SKTopic%20Title

Writer

Well, you do this all for free, so it's not like anyone has any right to tell you that...

... But I'll say it anyways, because I love your sprites hahaha. Please do! It's rare to see fanmade works of such quality. Thanks for all the ones you've done so far :D

BTW, that Athena gif you included in your last message... also one of your works?

?

Loved this sprite
idunno its cool how that HolopenMonitorHD thingy moves.
BTW thanks a lot for the Coat request

@Onizuka and lx1, thanks! And you're welcome. :)

Heh, I wanted to finish this year with an update of three complete sets at once, but I ended up really behind schedule. I won't be anywhere with access to my files or to Photoshop until mid/late January, so here's the final update this year then. It's not as long as I'd like it to be but I shouldn't have sat on them for so long anyway XD

Note: the bracket system is new and means (still sprites + startup or animated + miscellaneous), the numbers being the current number of poses planned.

I'm finishing up a request of Young Franziska sprites (1/4 + 0/1?) that I took way back in January here. Starting them anyway XD
Spoiler: Progress
Image Image

The Athena sprite is my work yes :) Here are some (heh, some) of the rest, (5/5 + 1/1) front to extend Rajin's set and (9/10? + 0/1? + 4/4?) Co-counsel.
Spoiler: Previews
(click here for full album)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Truthfully the only reason I kept these secret is because they were for drvonkitty and my Bright Age of the Law Case comp entry and we didn't want to give anything away XD

If you haven't seen them yet, I made an OC set (11/11 + 4/4 + 2/2) earlier too.
Spoiler: Previews
Album: here

Image Image Image

This set is retired and will no longer be maintained, so while critique is still nice I won't be applying any since I shelved them.

That's it. XD I would release my Mood Matrix graphics, but the intro is still a placeholder and the main screen needs fixing. If you want the temporary versions beforehand then PM me. (They're AAO-only since they use .svgs though... I won't be making .png or sheet versions for PyWright and stuff since I'll never need them so yeah) I haven't made the noise graphics yet either but if anyone wants to know the closest free font I found to the Mood Matrix font is "SF Arbocrest".

On a closing note, I did a commission several months back of 5 animated poses for Ropfa's A Super Effective Turnabout, so play that if you want to see them. XD

Art Person

You're back! :basil:
Your sprites are some of the best on the board! Amazing work SK! I'm really liking the Ranger Justice one! Such a cool design!

Mijumaru wrote:
You're back! :basil:
Your sprites are some of the best on the board! Amazing work SK! I'm really liking the Ranger Justice one! Such a cool design!

Thanks a lot :)
I hope I'm back XD I've been really busy with a lot of stuff lately and doing more art studies.

The problem is most of my WIPs and things have to do with fangames, since that's the main reason why I haven't posted any of the stuff I have done XD I'm hoping 2015 can be a year of great sets and quality improvement.

Writer

INCREDIBLE! The Athena co-council sprites look really amazing. I'm actually making a trial series post DD (working on the first one. Man, writing mystery is such a pain), but could I use those eventually? (it's still gonna take some time, you know...schedules).

Well, aside from my normal and unprepared appreciation post, I must add:

- I noticed that the co-councils are properly aligned for the character to be at the right of the Defense attorney, instead of being on the left like it were on Dual Destinies.... AKA

OH MY GLOB DID YOU ACTUALLY MADE THEM FROM SCRATCH?!

They look amazing. And Athena looks pretty as hell. Those deserve to be in a fangame. Like now.

Keep up the good work! And don't worry, you are not the only one behind schedule hahaha.

Thanks XD They are in a fangame, since they were made for one, but it's still unreleased now.
Mr. Onizuka wrote:
OH MY GLOB DID YOU ACTUALLY MADE THEM FROM SCRATCH?!

Not all of them, these were rush jobs so most of them were traced from flipped versions... The hair and glove are scratched, though. And the arms in the mirrored poses are original. XD
Re: Sprites (and such), by SK [Attn: Athena Co-counsel fix]Topic%20Title

Heh, nearly made it to page 3 :shoe:

Anyway, minor but important update to anyone using the Athena co-counsel sprites, I made fixes to the angry pose. The co-counsel sprites were all pretty bad rush quality but the angry one had a huge nosedive... because it looks like a lot of people will be using her sprites soon, it does bad things to my conscience XD

Image Image

There's still more I'd like to do with it but these are ok.

Art Person

Looking good Merc!
You've got a real talent for those details!

Winter Flag Trademark

Dude. SK. What about the angry, white-eyed, Front-Faced, Athena Cykes? Are you also going to put eyeballs in that one (too?) ? :meekins:

Your Avatar kinda reminds me of Yumihiko. Also... I doubt really that you will complete TheDoctor's request on finishing Teenaged Franziska sprites. I think you abandoned the request, am I Right?

...No Offense. :lana:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Stop! What a minute!

Ace Pointer wrote:
Dude. SK. What about the angry, white-eyed, Front-Faced, Athena Cykes? Are you also going to put eyeballs in that one (too?) ? :meekins:

Your Avatar kinda reminds me of Yumihiko. Also... I doubt really that you will complete TheDoctor's request on finishing Teenaged Franziska sprites. I think you abandoned the request, am I Right?

The sprite in game for Athena only has white eyes, no eyeballs.

SuperAj3 wrote:
Looking good Merc!
You've got a real talent for those details!

Only when I put time into them XD

Ace Pointer wrote:

Dude. :godot:

Ace Pointer wrote:

I don't know how Fumina reminds you of Yumihiko, but ok.

Heh, it's kinda just a difference in priorities, because I prioritise commissions and my studies over it. Uni takes time when you aim for HDs. I'll get to the Franziska and the Apollo co-counsel stuff when I can. (Forgot him, did you? XD)
Page 3 of 5 [ 178 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites