Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 2 of 3[ 96 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: DGS & Other Sprite Rips - Last Updated 10/6/16Topic%20Title

um...hi your honour?

SuperAj3 wrote:
I didn't rotate him. This angle seemed to have been ripped from the game (credit for the rotation goes to Trick).
I'm guessing this angle is used in the flashback scene in case 5 (as Inga has Defense and Prosecution angles).

But they both don't have bench angle sprites

HeroMan66475 wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:
I didn't rotate him. This angle seemed to have been ripped from the game (credit for the rotation goes to Trick).
I'm guessing this angle is used in the flashback scene in case 5 (as Inga has Defense and Prosecution angles).

Trick is modding the game and re-positioning characters for his footage. That's why we have an Inga prosecutor and a Dhurke defense for example.

um...hi your honour?

CE53 wrote:
HeroMan66475 wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:

Trick is modding the game and re-positioning characters for his footage. That's why we have an Inga prosecutor and a Dhurke defense for example.

That Trick dude is one talented guy.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Man, I wish I knew how to do that. I could get all the characters from any angle I wanted. The judge at the prosecution bench, Maya at defense, Ema at co-council, Payne as the judge, etc...

i feel pretty

Is obtaining the source videos still a work in progress, or are these all the ones they could get? I kinda need Blackquill for a skit I've been trying to make for ages, but he doesn't have rips yet. I could probably do it without Blackquill - he's not really integral to the joke - but still, it'd be ideal.

Art Person

Since I last checked he added Dhurke's prosecution sided videos, so he's adding more.

Pandae

Spoiler: Betty De Famme

Was making a few characters from AA6 and decided to post here. Betty is the 4th char I've made from AA6 and I think she came out good. Used my friend CE53's method of erasing the black bg and stuff. The images have titles to show which emotes are connected to each other and they're pretty much in order so you can't make a mistake. Pre = Pre-Animation, self explanatory.
Anyway, just give credit if you use them, that's all I ask.

==Notes==
1. I use tricks footage to make my rips.
2. I made these for AO so they'll be in 256x192 borders.
3. I typically don't make talk emotes blink unless it's necessary in the animation because I'm lazy. :javado:
4. If you see "(a)(b)#", it's a still frame because it's an emote with a pre-animation that doesn't have a talk/blink variation.

Art Person

This is awesome!
Thanks so much for sharing!

um...hi your honour?

Pandaemang wrote:
Spoiler: Betty De Famme

Was making a few characters from AA6 and decided to post here. Betty is the 4th char I've made from AA6 and I think she came out good. Used my friend CE53's method of erasing the black bg and stuff. The images have titles to show which emotes are connected to each other and they're pretty much in order so you can't make a mistake. Pre = Pre-Animation, self explanatory.
Anyway, just give credit if you use them, that's all I ask.

==Notes==
3. I typically don't make talk emotes blink unless it's necessary in the animation because I'm lazy. :javado:
4. If you see "(a)(b)#", it's a still frame because it's an emote with a pre-animation that doesn't have a talk/blink variation.

awesome sawce bruh.

Just Someone

Since people are ripping in here, I figured I'd make a post about another method of ripping that's a bit faster and more efficient (and, from my experience so far, better quality) if you're all willing to give it a shot.

Spoiler: Ripping Using Fusion 8 (With Pictures)
Fusion 8 is a VFX program that can make ripping a breeze using Trick's footage. You can get it here.

Do note that Fusion 8 requires a few codecs to run properly, and doesn't run properly on Windows 7. If you need the codecs, you can get them all from this big ol' pack here.

Don't forget about Trick's footage! You can get it at this MEGA link: mega:#F!EA0iVIKT!fBrPlbAmdtcMihCzqS-Zlw!QFEFDBZT

Finally, just so you can get ripping right away without needing to worry about all of that "learning" nonsense, you can pick up a ripping template that provides all the necessary nodes right off the bat here.

Alright, now that I've downloaded all of this junk, how do I do the ripping things?

Let's walk through it step by step.

First, you'll want to open Template.comp in Fusion 8. You can either drag and drop, open the file, or just double click it.

Wow, thanks Glory! Now there's a bunch of garbage on my screen!

Hush, you! We're getting to the "hard part", now. Download the .avi file from Trick's footage that you intend to use, then...

You simply drag and drop the .avi file into the little node frame. But we're not done yet!

Using the power of "clicking the red square of the footage, and dragging a line to the first arrow on ChromaKey", you can connect your footage to the rest of the nodes.

That's great, but where's my footage?

Click on the footage node, and hit the "1" key.

This brings up your footage as it is. Now click on the "Saver1" node and hit the "2" key.

This shows how your frames will look once rendering is done.

Great! Now to save and export-

NO.

You need to make sure things are cropped properly and you have a save location!

First, let's begin by clicking on the crop node.

As you can see, on the left, a whole new settings panel has emerged.

If your character is being cut off inappropriately in the final preview window, you can use these to reposition them accordingly. If your character seems properly positioned according to the preview window, then there should be no need to do any cropping.

Okay, NOW can I-

NO.

Before you save ANYTHING, you need to set a save destination, click on the Saver1 node to bring up a new setting panel on the left.

Most of this is fine, but you need to specify a save location. Otherwise, these will flood your desktop! Click "Browse" to pull up a navigator.

As you can see, I've navigated to a folder to save my frames in. Note the filename. You must include ".png" at the end of your filename. Otherwise, your frames will not save correctly.

And with that, we've successfully set up our filepath!

...Can I export now?

Yes! Finally, it's time to export!

First off, make sure all of your footage is getting rendered. You can do this in the timeline.

Here, there's a light gray strip. You want to fill your entire timeline with it. Drag it across the timeline to expand it bit by bit. There's a horizontal scroll-bar right underneath that will show the rest of the timeline when you scroll, so make sure you get every little bit.

As you can see, I had to use my scroll-bar to see frames over 14000. Make sure you're thorough!

NOW we can render.

Underneath the node graph, right next to playback controls, you'll see a green button that says "Render". Click that.

Aaaaaaaahhhhh I don't know anything about this!

That's okay! Just click "Start Render" to begin the rendering process. You don't need to mess with anything on this screen.

Rendering will take a while. Depending on your computer, this can range from a few minutes to a few hours. It has to create a LOT of frames! But when the process is finally complete...

You'll get a notification (I rendered only about 200 frames or so for tutorial purposes). If you check your destination folder...

You'll see all of the frames, ripped and ready to go!

Thanks!

You're welcome! I tested all of this myself and it shouuuld work. I want to give a special thanks to friends Verenelle and No Comment, who helped me get used to the program and taught me how to use it properly. And of course, thank Trick for this amazing footage.

I do have a few extra tips, as well. These should help you in the long run.

Spoiler: Extra Tricks and Tips
1. I recommend you delete every other frame. Trick's footage is a consistent 60fps, which means .gif filesizes can be HUGE if you use every single frame. By deleting every other frame, you're effectively turning it from 60fps to 30fps, which is much more manageable.

But how do I do that?

Just shrink Windows Explorer horizontally until it shows only two columns, then highlight and delete all of the columns on the right side. Easy peasy.

2. Timing. Timing timing timing. Timing is super important. Every frame in a talking and blinking animation should be timed at .04 seconds. Every frame in a moving animation or transition animation should be .03 seconds. These ensure the smoothest movement that's the most accurate to the in-game animations.

3. You will have a lot of duplicate frames. Rather than shoving all of those into the gif, just have one frame timed for a while. It cuts down on your .gif filesize.

And last but not least, here's an example of a few emotes done by this method.

Spoiler: Dhurke

Enjoy!

Pandae

Spoiler: Roger Retinz (Sleeves)

Third character I made, it's Retinz with his sleeves on. There's a custom emote in there with 5 coins that I thought should have been in the game imo. Same stuff as Betty post with how it was done.

==Notes==
4. If you see "ab#", it's a still frame because it's an emote with a pre-animation that doesn't have a talk/blink variation.
5. I made this for a friend on AO so if I missed an emote which was probably three to four it's because he didn't want them and we really didn't like them. fuckthatheartlovefaceshit

Art Person

Oh wow interesting how he has sleeves down variants of his poses where his sleeves are only shown up

Pandae

SuperAj3 wrote:
Oh wow interesting how he has sleeves down variants of his poses where his sleeves are only shown up

That's either tricks handiwork or unused animations.
Re: DGS & Other Sprite Rips - Last Updated 10/13/16Topic%20Title

Bonny de Famme is done. Links updated in OP.

Seasoned Animator

I'm at a lost for words with the quality of these sets.
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

Currently patching some of the Bonny sprites that got botched, I'll fix the album when finished.

OK, best version of Bonny updated with one extra emote.
Finally done with this character.

Art Person

Nice work with Bonny!
One still has a white background, but all the rest look great!

SuperAj3 wrote:
Nice work with Bonny!
One still has a white background, but all the rest look great!

The white background is a result of imgur, it should become transparent when saved.

An issue with Inga's execution emote has just been fixed. He had this issue where white stuff would appear next to his head while he talked. If you plan on using him for anything, I recommend you replace it with this:

The main album's been updated too.

um...hi your honour?

CE53 wrote:
An issue with Inga's execution emote has just been fixed. He had this issue where white stuff would appear next to his head while he talked. If you plan on using him for anything, I recommend you replace it with this:

Still looks pretty clean to me.

Art Person

CE53 wrote:

There's still that phantom 2nd sheet of paper that falls. (Or are 2 meant to fall? It looks a little jittery)

SuperAj3 wrote:
CE53 wrote:

There's still that phantom 2nd sheet of paper that falls. (Or are 2 meant to fall? It looks a little jittery)

Fixed. Everything should be updated.

To lurk, or not to lurk.

These rips are awesome. Now if you can just rip some more SOJ stuff. :P

You have a few white pixels in some of Bonny's emotes near the bottom, and there's supposed to be a bit of momentum when she prepares to swing the cane rather than it abruptly stopping, but I think those are the only problems.

Solf wrote:
You have a few white pixels in some of Bonny's emotes near the bottom, and there's supposed to be a bit of momentum when she prepares to swing the cane rather than it abruptly stopping, but I think those are the only problems.

Just went through and patched pixels I noticed were missing around Bonny's crotch area.
Let me know if I missed anything else.

As for her swing, the animation abruptly stops due to the fact that it would run smoothly on AO since the first frame of Bonny's idle animation is this:

Art Person

Thanks for fixing everything so quickly CE! Now Inga and Bonny are set for anyone to use!

Forgot this emote, added to album.

Last edited by CE53 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

CE53 wrote:
As for her swing, the animation abruptly stops due to the fact that it would run smoothly on AO since the first frame of Bonny's idle animation is this:

I'd look at Betty's version of this swing for what I /think/ it's supposed to look like. I couldn't quite get Bonny's to run smoothly on AO as it is, but that might be my fault.

Do you have any intentions of ripping the BonnyBetty emotes or are you sick of working on her?

Solf wrote:
CE53 wrote:

I'd look at Betty's version of this swing for what I /think/ it's supposed to look like. I couldn't quite get Bonny's to run smoothly on AO as it is, but that might be my fault.

Do you have any intentions of ripping the BonnyBetty emotes or are you sick of working on her?

1. The reason it probably doesn't run smoothly is because of how the frames were positioned, when I remade the ini and fixed up some emotes for the server I use, it went fairly well for me. However, I understand what you mean. I guess it comes down to personal preference.

2. I probably won't end up ripping BonnyBetty since I can't see us getting any use out of it for the server (not AOV).

I know Pandae is working on more SoJ stuff. So, he'll probably post whatever he makes next here as well as the /aog/ thread. As for me, I've made the only characters in the game I either needed/liked for trials.

I'm more interested in Trick's DGS footage when he gets around to it to be honest. I don't plan on making anything else SoJ related at this time.

Pandae

Spoiler: Athena Cykes (Defense)

Fifth character I made. Give credit if used, that's it.

==Notes==
3. I typically don't make talk emotes blink unless it's necessary or I'm not lazy. :javado:
4. I didn't make widgets startup animation because just like Retinz's flame card emote, it isn't as simple as removing the black BG and being a happy person like the rest of the emotes. Widget already has transparency in parts of her animation that will not get erased with my method and erasing it manually to be consistent is a fucking bitch.
Case point: I didn't make it because I couldn't and I'm also lazy.
5. I didn't make all of widgets emotes because I felt like the emotes that were related to Athena's emotions were not necessary to me. The holoboard is basically Athena's paper emote in my eyes so I didn't see a reason to make the extra's. Also because I'm fucking lazy.
maybei'llmaketheminthefuturedontcountonitthough

Two more questions.

How do you reduce the filesize of your emotes without losing quality? I have some Bonny emotes of my own ripped but they are hovering around 7mb in size and that's completely unplayable for AO. Bigger filesize emotes don't instantly appear and make the game lag a bit.

Secondly is a little tied to the first. What dimensions did you do to resize Bonny? I'd like to have the BonnyBetty emotes i'm working on be the same size. It comes from Trick's footage so I should just be able to do whatever you did to make them the same.

Last edited by Solf on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pandae

Solf wrote:
One more question.

How do you reduce the filesize of your emotes without losing quality? I have some Bonny emotes of my own ripped but they are hovering around 7mb in size and that's completely unplayable for AO.

Me and Dough just use "Save for Web..." feature in photoshop to make our gifs. I never really payed attention to the file size till you pointed it out.

The law is full of contradictions.

Ok but I kinda need some Nayuta sprites.
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"
Re: DGS & Other Sprite Rips - Last Updated 11/16/16Topic%20Title

Remade Cosney Megundal.
Thanks to Pandae for cleanup on noise.
I'm aware of missing pixels. They always get filled in with the bg on our server. If it works for us, I figure I could just post it here.

To lurk, or not to lurk.

Hey, I love your rips, but is it possible you could fix Ryuu's desk slams? After he slams, there's a rather...loooong wait before he does it again. If you could make it a bit more consistent that would be great. Otherwise, fantastic rips.

087-B wrote:
Hey, I love your rips, but is it possible you could fix Ryuu's desk slams? After he slams, there's a rather...loooong wait before he does it again. If you could make it a bit more consistent that would be great. Otherwise, fantastic rips.

Ryu's going to be completely remade as well as the other original rips when I get footage.

To lurk, or not to lurk.

CE53 wrote:
087-B wrote:

Ryu's going to be completely remade as well as the other original rips when I get footage.

Gotcha. Good luck with that, man. :)
Re: DGS & Other Sprite Rips - Last Updated 11/28/16Topic%20Title

Just added:
Beppo
Witness Testimony Card
Cross Examination Card

To be added:
- Oscar Fairplay remake
- Ryunosuke remake
(I have enough footage now for both of these.)

To be added later:
- Asougi remake

Sidenote:
Planning on removing Gina Lestrade from the list of rips. There is a much, much better version of her made by Trick. I don't have direct permission to post it here, so I advise you get it from AOG.
Re: DGS & Other Sprite Rips - Last Updated 11/28/16Topic%20Title

um...hi your honour?

CE53 wrote:
Just added:
Beppo
Witness Testimony Card
Cross Examination Card

To be added:
- Oscar Fairplay remake
- Ryunosuke remake
(I have enough footage now for both of these.)

To be added later:
- Asougi remake

Sidenote:
Planning on removing Gina Lestrade from the list of rips. There is a much, much better version of her made by Trick. I don't have direct permission to post it here, so I advise you get it from AOG.

you do know that there is no link to both CE cards, right?
Page 2 of 3 [ 96 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites