Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 1 of 1[ 26 posts ]

OC Contest 2015: Sprite Entry ThreadTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

This is the entry submission thread for the sprite division of the 2015 OC Contest! Please review the rules before posting here.

When you're satisfied with your entry, please post it with the following format:

Entrant's Name:
Entrant's Website: (optional)
Character's Name:
Brief Physical Description:
Brief Personality Description:
Connection to canon characters (if applicable):
Brief Background:
Link to entry:

We encourage you to post your entry in this forum as well if you haven't already. Good luck to all!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: OC Contest 2015: Sprite Entry ThreadTopic%20Title

Art Person

Ooh! It's begun! I've not finished my entry for the monthly comp yet... Do I abandon that for this? Nah, It's unfair to Ropfa.
I'll definitely be entering! Can't say no to a prize!

Also there's a 3D models entry? I'm gonna LOVE seeing DD/DGS styled OC's! This comp's gonna be amazing!

3D models? Now that'll be something to see.

Kind of been offline for a while

How about a sprite of a real person, would that be allowed?

Entrant's Website: http://demon-vera-edgeworth.tumblr.com/ ... eworth/url
Spoiler: Vera Edgeworth Story
Name: Vera Edgeworth

Nicknames: Love (Claude), Darling (Edgey), Wife (Selena)

Birthday: 7.12.2009

Sign: Sagittarius

Character: naughty, cold, strict, polite, friendly, (cute?????? I don´t know why the mostly guys say it but maybe it is true? I don´t know xD)

Sexsuality Orientation: Hetero (mostly)

Natinoality: America

Origin: Los Angeles

Family: Miles Edgeworth, Franziska von Karma

Grandfather: Gregorgy Edgeworth (dead), Manfred von Karma (prison at the current place? pffff he should be not anymore there muse things that mostly)

Sibling: Have no siblings is a single kid

Pet: A dog name Pessu but the whole family say more Pess and it is a golden retriver.

Weaknesses: hot mans with a good looking (it mean like suit wears characters oops), hot chocolate, chocolate cake, the color royablue, stroking in the hair

Strengthen: Use mostly her own Logic, loved mostly to working hard so that she can be overworking.

Like/Loved: quite places, be just nice to her, play chess with her father, play piano and drink tea.

Don´t like/Hate: stupid idiots, bullying, stupid jokes, being alone

Story: (Some DL-6 Spoiler I guess)

Vera was 5 years old she was a single kid in their family and her mother was still away as she was birth about sixteen years. As this one christmas evening came her father must be suddenly away this evening, Vera had not really good friends as she was child. But about the next day her father was prison because he should kill a defense attorney names Robert Hammond. Vera had this not believe at all the time but for this three day was she pretty alone and in this school time was more a terrible rumors about her because she should be Demon/Murderer-Daughter because of this. In the child days had she just make their own things play Piano and help always her father where she can. As their mother came back she can´t really trust her of that was happening, until today she don´t know why this was happening in this evening or her mother was away at all.

Picture: Image
Follow me on Tumblr! ask-vera-edgeworth

Great Revival

@RyuunosukeNaruhodou I think this is a OC contest for the DGS era..

元・超会社員級の管理人

Apologies for the delay on this; I've been monitoring the main topic, not the submission ones directly.

Unfortunately that would not be a valid entry, as it is not DGS-period appropriate. Please see the contest rules for details.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Oh Okay If it is for DGS then take my OC back^^"
Follow me on Tumblr! ask-vera-edgeworth

Quick question: if only one of your sprites is animated, is it still ok to submit, or do all sprites have to be animated?

Great Revival

I think it answers it in the rules.

Art Person

ThatoneJimmy wrote:
Quick question: if only one of your sprites is animated, is it still ok to submit, or do all sprites have to be animated?

Last year's first place winner didn't animate them. They were just sprites on a background. So i think you just need a "sprite" no need to animate :basil:

ok, cool. I'll do my entry now:
Entrant's Name: ThatoneJimmy
Character's Name:Richard Gumshoe
Spoiler: Physical Description
Is a heavyset British male that Has a suit quite similar to gant’s.

Spoiler: Personality Description
While his vocabulary is much more "scruffy" than that of the others around him, He's definitely more proper than his direct descendant, Dick Gumshoe. Richard is actually one of the best inspectors in England, though he doesn't hold a candle to Holmes's abilities. Is probably also one of the least racist people towards Ryunosuke and Susato while they're in England.

Spoiler: Connection to canon characters
Is (quite obviously,) Dick Gumshoe's ancestor But is also Gant's, and isn't as distant of an ancestor as you would think, studies under Sherlock Holmes, and Is the inspector for most of Ryunosuke's cases besides the ones Holmes or Tobias Gregson can make it to the court for. Was a great friend of John Watson.

Spoiler: Brief Background
He Is an inspector who works under Sherlock, and was good friends with John Watson. is a time traveler from the 1800s, went back there to fix time anomalies, and has an electric monocle that is very similar to a scouter.

Link to entry:
Spoiler: space saver
Image Image All Sprites:http://imgur.com/a/lP9qx
No sprites have any spoilers for DGS that are intentional. if they do end up spoiling part of the story in some ridiculous way, I'll make another link to some without spoilers to DGS.

Spoiler: Sprites used
Detective Gumshoe's face and tie, Miles Edgeworth's skin tone, Damon Gant's coat, Kristoph Gavin's Breakdown, and Gregory Edgeworth's (AAI2) coat colors.

Last edited by ThatoneJimmy on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Great Revival

Why are you spoiler tagging parts of it?
It's not like it's a spoiler for (I hope this doesn't come off as rude) anything important.
I do like the sprite.

ok, I unmarked the spoilers. I'm glad you like the sprite, Gant wasn't exactly easy to work with for this, but I'm glad that the outcome was good.

Scratch spriter

Bolt, I have a question.
Would it be against the rules if someone animated my entry? To be more specific a sprite sheet.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Hesseldahl wrote:
Bolt, I have a question.
Would it be against the rules if someone animated my entry? To be more specific a sprite sheet.

As in someone takes your existing frames and puts them together as a GIF? That should be fine, but you shouldn't have them adjusting the frames or adding on to them.

Wooster wrote:

Art Person

ImageImage
Link to entry:
Album with all animations (13 animations, 2 Profile Icons): LINK

Entrant's Name: SuperAj3
Character's Name: Angelique Ormond
Occupation: No occupation, but does help her mother with sewing dresses

Short, young, with blond hair and brown eyes. She usually has a slightly sad look on her face, but that's only because she's shy. Wears a dark purple gothic styled dress with a yellow gem in the centre.

Shy and introverted. She gets along well with Iris, but is usually reluctant to talk to people unless she knows them well.

Connection to canon characters (if applicable): Childhood friend of Iris Watson, lives in the same street. Happens to be a key witness in a case where a local shop owner was murdered.

Brief Background:
Childhood friend of Iris. She and Iris get along well. Angelique has also helped her mother out with making Iris' dress. Being the daughter of a seamstress, she loves dresses and is always quietly staring at people whose outfits she likes. When meeting Ryuunosuke for the first time, had ran and hid behind Iris. Surprisingly she took a liking to Susato when first meeting and was amazed by her traditional Japanese clothing.
When meeting Ryuunosuke for the first time, had ran and hid behind Iris. Surprisingly she took a liking to Susato when first meeting and was amazed by her traditional Japanese clothing. Also, a few years after the incidents with Ryuunosuke and Sherlock have tied up, during Ryuunosuke and Susato's revisit to Sherlock and Iris, Angelique surprises Sustato with a copy of her dress that she and her mother had made.

Name Origin:
"Ormond" was supposedly the intended name for John Watson before it was changes. To show her connection to Iris.
"Angelique" has no meaning, she just looked like an "Angelique" to me :trucy:

Man, really saved by that extension! Might make edits if there's time.

Entrant’s Name: WirelessButterModem

Character’s Name: Ferrance Oakside

A strange-looking man with an upright tangle of jet-black hair. He always wears a lab coat coupled with his beloved jacket and a set of sturdy-looking, compact goggles strapped to his forehead.

He’s quite disconnected from the world. His fascination with chemicals drives him to not even acknowledge people when working. When one finally does get his attention, he continues to blabber on about dichromate, ferrous oxide, arsenic ions, and the sorts. Despite his disregard for anyone but Mr. Holmes, he’s a truly talented and devoted chemist who is set to assist Holmes with a vast array of forensic knowledge and equipment.

Connection to canon characters: Holmes’s one-and-only chemist

Brief Background:
Ryuunosuke had not even noticed Mr. Oakside when he first stepped into Holmes’s living quarters on Baker Street until he had heard a loud BOOM. Holmes elaborated about him later that night: Ferrance Oakside was the original owner of the tenement room. At the time, Oakside was running out of money, nobody wanted to hire a delusional man after all, so he was eager to accept Holmes’s kind yet pushy offer of sharing rent in return for allowing Holmes and Mr. Watson to share his room. Holmes also hired him as a chemist, seeing the need for forensic material to aid in investigations.
After Holmes’s occupation of his home, Oakside worshiped Holmes next to his chemicals, matching Holmes’s of trench coat with a similarly styled jacket and fashioning a pair of inspection goggles for Holmes to use in conjunction with the forensic chemicals he made.
Throughout Ryuunosuke’s time here, he has not seen much of Mr. Oakside. He lurks in the far corner of the room that, as the burn marks on the wall indicate, one would rather not go towards. The most notable thing about Ferrance Oakside is his habit of fiddling around with a vile of bright green liquid which he calls, “Shelly, my most favorite and precious darling Shelly”. No one, not even Holmes, has any idea what it might be. Oakside’s strange attachment to the vile and his brown nosing toward Holmes all makes it feel like there’s something more than just ramblings of ferrous oxide behind this man…

Link to entry: http://imgur.com/a/qATYR

Sprites of Franziska von Karma, Manfred von Karma, Shelly De Killer, and Maya Fey were directly used.
Colors were taken from a picture of Holmes.

Did someone say bad puns?

Entrant's Name: GP
Entrant's Website: green-pepsi.tumblr.com (or) merrydl6mas.tumblr.com
Character's Name: Jack de Killer

Spoiler:

Brief Physical Description: Jack de Killer is an average John Doe (and he’d prefer to keep it that way). There is nothing notable about his appearance other than his graying hair and a scar under one of his eyes. He dresses plainly and professionally, with the silver chain of his pocket watch hanging out of his coat pocket. Punctuality, after all, is key for an assassin. He is very well built, though no one would know that just by looking at him, as he always wears a fashionable (yet functional) suit.

Brief Personality Description: Professionalism is important to any assassin, and Jack de Killer does not take that lightly. He is devoted to his clients, confident in his skill, and remorseless in his killing. Unlike the de Killers after him, Jack does have a tendency to “lose himself” during the thrill of a job. He’s been known to get a bit excessive with the damage he deals to his victims, sometimes leaving them unrecognizable when it suits him, though that is often overshadowed by his impressive reputation for finishing jobs quickly and without fail. His go to weapons are knives, though really, anything will do. The mark of a good assassin is being able to use any means to get the job done, after all.

Connection to canon characters (if applicable): The original de Killer, ancestor to Shelly de Killer

Brief Background: Little is known about Jack de Killer. When he entered the London criminal underground as an assassin of unknown origin, he adopted the name “Jack”, presumably after the famous “Jack the ripper”. Whether de Killer simply admired his skill and ability to evade capture or actually committed the ripper killings before turning to assassination is unclear. The name Jack is also a reference to his calling card, a “jack” playing card that he leaves next to his victims’ bodies. His use of cards led to the de Killer tradition of each descendent picking a name relating to their unique card (Ex: Shelly de Killer).

Spoiler:

Just your average Jack

"I'm but a simple butler."

Oops I did it again.
(Left white to better see the blood drip)

Stabby stabby

Spoiler:

Sprites used (I wasn't sure how specific this has to be so I've made it VERY specific)

Head: Clearly Shelly de Killer's, though I erased his face splitting scar and monocle, erased the white on his hair and recolored the rest slightly. The scar under his eye was made using his original scar (I copied the pallet ect) and his beard was modeled using Diego's goatee. Along with recoloring his mustache, I also made tweaked it a bit. His under eye wrinkles are courtesy of Manfred von Karma.

Body: The body itself is actually Wellington's, since I thought the build and arms would be better. I obviously recolored it and erased the details on his suit, using Shelly's (Which I also tweaked. I made the coat open and longer and also elongated his vest). His notable cravat was taken from Edgeworth, of course. The chain on his suit pocket is actually from de Killer's monocle chain (I thought it would be a cool little detail)

Stabby stabby: The knife is referred to as Maya's knife and is official evidence from the game that I only tweaked slightly (by rotating and removing the blood). The hands are wellingtons (recolored) and the button on the sleeve was actually taken from AJ era Ema Skye (also recolored)

Link to entry on tumblr: http://green-pepsi.tumblr.com/post/1339 ... submission

Scratch spriter

Image Image

Image Image

Entrant's Name: Hesseldahl

Entrant's Website: http://hessehl.deviantart.com/

Character's Name:Malina Chell

Brief Physical Description:Malina is a dark-skinned person, with green eyes and dark hair who measures 1,60 cm. On her left cheek she posses a mole that's very characteristic of her, she is also never seen without red lipstick.

Brief Personality Description: Malina is very prideful,sentimental and has a short temperament, so is easy to have problems with her, but she is also very loyal,compassionate and intelligent. So in other words be sure to be in her good side or you'll have a bad time.

Connection to canon characters (if applicable): Juror in one of Ryuunosuke Naruhodou's cases, later she becomes his client.

Brief Background:
Malina was born in Mexico in a rural poor family, at the age of three her parents were killed working in the hacienda where she lived, due to her being really pretty the owners of the hacienda adopted her as one of their child. She grew up learning about the world, making her dream to someday travel to Europe. At the age of fifteen she discovered the abuse that her biological parents suffered before being killed through a letter that they left for her. She felt destroyed and escaped from her home to France. In the ship from where she was traveling she met the the love of her life. Once they got to France they married. Her husband was the owner of a factory and thanks to that they decided to expand their business to England. They decided to live on England. One day she was selected as a juror in a murder case, where she met Ryuunosuke Naruhodou, she got interested on Ryu's origins and gave him a preference over the prosecutor in turn mostly because he was from another country. She requests Ryu as her lawyer thanks to his performance in the case that she attended. She was accused of killing her husband but Ryu manages to obtain a "Not Guilty" verdict for her.

Link to entry: http://imgur.com/a/AAJaW (Animated by Apollo Grimoire) http://sta.sh/01ok81usevsw ( This one is the sprite sheet made by me from scratch! Except for the witness mini in which I used the Alita Tiala mini)

Nick Wright: Ace Attorney

(S)Nickers here,

First, I wish to apologize deeply for the lack of animations and detail. I started working on something for this very late into it, and thus, I nearly missed the deadline, so this isn't the best work I can produce. I REALLY wanted to enter, though. So what I've done is enough for me. Enjoy!

Entrant's Name: (S)Nickers
Entrant's Website: None

Character's Name: Amaino Kaminogi

Spoiler: Brief Physical Description:
Amaino is a tall male, 6 feet to be precise. He has a bulky upper build, black hair that's short on the side, and long on top.

Spoiler: Brief Personality Description:
Amaino is sarcastic and witty. He's rather clumsy with women, mostly getting rejected because of bad pickup lines. He puts on a confident face, when inside, he isn't as confident as he seems. Something interesting to note... His drink of choice WAS tea, but coffee started being introduced to Japan. You know the rest.

Spoiler: Connection to canon characters:
Ancestor of Diego Armando

Spoiler: Brief Background:
Amaino was sheltered heavily as a child, but when his mother prematurely passed away, it forced him to exit his own world and into reality. He doesn't understand how to interact with other people because of it, but he tries his hardest regardless. Especially in the courtroom.

Spoiler: Name Origin:
Amaino is merely a combination of the phrase "A sweet drink" in Japanese. (Amai nomimono. Kaminogi is Armando, just in Japanese.

Spoiler: Link to entry:
http://imgur.com/a/ck365
It's completely from Diego Armando's sprite, with reference from Butler Shelly, Apollo, Kristoph, and Meekins on certain details.

Spoiler: Shout out to people who helped me!
A HUGE thanks to Misokrattz, Ace Lucario, and theoneandonlyfailwhale for helping on various backstory and personality ideas! They rock!

Good luck to the rest of the competitors! :phoenix:

(Yes. I marked them with spoilers. Blame my OCD. xD)

(First time user here >_< hope I posted this right)
Entrant's Name: Moochi
Character's Name: Jun Kakureru

Height: 5'4", Weight: 108lbs. Light brown eyes and dark brown hair that is often kept up in a ponytail. Usually seen wearing Edo's patrol officers' uniform, a design influenced by Western customs. If not working, Jun wears a typical Japanese clothing (hakama) and underneath a dark western shirt, which covers a majority of the neck.

Jun is very passionate about the police occupation and dislikes anyone who says anything bad about it. Having only started the job 2 years ago, Jun is tenacious, sharp, honest and is willing to help anyone in need. A person of few words and shows little emotion upon first contact, but opens up afterwards.

Connection to canon characters (if applicable):
Jun is a witness to an incident where a man was found dead at a local bath house. Jun explains to Ryunosuke and Susato that the defendant was seen in a specific part of the public bath house. However, Ryunosuke finds out that Jun could not have seen the defendant at that moment, since Jun was in the women's section of the bath house, revealing that Jun is in fact a woman, disguising herself as a man in order to join the police force (Her testimony is broken down after incorrectly describing the men's section of the bath house, since she assumed that the men and women's baths were identical (same plants/objects)). Despite the revelation, Jun also mentions other key points needed for the case that proves the defendant was not the killer. Seeing her love and devotion to her job, Ryunosuke agrees to keep Jun's true identity a secret. After that case, Jun, Ryunosuke and Susato meet from time to time due to her patrol routes.

Brief Background:
Despite being short and light compared to other officers in the division, Jun is diligent and passionate about the police workforce. Everyday Jun strives to maintain peace within the town, patrolling the streets of Edo and prevent any crimes if seen. Other patrol officers may not know a lot about Jun's personal life and hobbies, but Jun is a fellow officer that everyone trusts and respects, despite only starting the job a few years ago.

Link to entry: http://imgur.com/a/USs4i (click on the full sprite chart to see the sprites and text more clearly)

Last edited by Moochi on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peace and Love!

Your sprites are really great!!!

Hello everybody! I am new on CR and I am on Ace attorney online! :pearl:
I had to do other animations but I had a technical problem and time. Anyway here is my Oc ​​:

ImageImage
Entrant's Name: PhoenixAA
Character's Name: Edgar Andrews

Edgar is quite small and young. He has brown short hair and slicked. He also has a little mustache like many men at that time. He wears a brown jacket above a blue vest decorated with a tie and buttons.
He has a clean look and it is very important to him.

Edgar is a serious people. He is very involved in his work as inspector. Is honest and hates injustice. It's why he became inspector!
Edgar is very determined, maybe too! He gets angry easily so it's better be his friend!

Connection to canon characters (if applicable): Friend of Sherlock Holmes

Brief Background:
When Edgar had 23 years, he was accused of the murder of his friend. But thanks at Sherlock Holmes the famous detective, Edgar was acquitted. Holmes became his model and he became inspector !
Since, he help his friend and savior Sherlock in his investigations !

For the body I used sprite of Apollo
For his hand I used the sprite of young Klavier Gavin
For his eyes I used Phoenix ; for eyebrows I used Larry Butz and for nose I used Souta Sarushiro
I made the rest.

Entry:
http://www.noelshack.com/2015-48-1448825660-edagr-andrews.png

Last edited by PhoenixAA on Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Last...minute....

Entrant's Name: mercurialSK

Character's Name: Velvet Valentine

Short with red hair and green eyes and freckles. He has a purple vest with lots of pocketwatches and a rabbit scarf friend.

He looks like an angel but he's pretty mischevious - he likes picking things apart and playing tricks on people. When he doesn't like someone he's brutally honest and extra stubborn around them. He likes pocketwatches a lot because his father is a clockmaker.

Connection to canon characters (if applicable): He annoyed Iris because he tried to pick her goggles apart.

(She wasn't happy.)

Brief Background: He sneaks around busy streets a lot and things mysteriously go missing, and a lot of accusations later he's gotten good at pinning the crime on someone else.

He and Iris meet again when he gets caught up in a murder case as one of the first witnesses and makes investigations difficult because he thinks he's being accused of stealing. He ended up stealing and picking apart an important piece of evidence...which meant Ryuunosuke got to come up with a Wright trick to solve the crime XD

Link to entry: http://imgur.com/a/6d4De
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling

Entrant's Name: sp00kyskeleton
Character's Name: Kataya Eldoon
Brief Physical Description: Brown hair, dark brown eyes. Wears 2 chopsticks in her hair which is styled in a bun.
Brief Personality Description: Sly and smug. At first she will act friendly and innocent but soon after you get to know her she becomes meaner and talks with sarcasm.
Connection to canon characters (if applicable): In the Eldoon bloodline.
Brief Background: Runs a restaurant that specializes in ramen.
Link to entry:Image

Art Person

Voting's started and I just realised how poor my grammar was in the description :meekins: Ooohhhh well XD
Page 1 of 1 [ 26 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites