Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 1 of 1[ 31 posts ]

Nicky Boy's SpritesTopic%20Title

Hello, everybody!

I decided I shouldn't be so cowardly, so I share my sprites here, too! The rules are, quote:
"Anything you can use will be marked as 'usable', as well as if it needs credit or not. No need to ask for permission unless otherwise stated. PM me your finished case if you use anything from here."

Image Image
Spoiler: Isaac Phens
Charahub page (includes information about him)
Normal/happy:
ImageImage
Serious:
ImageImage
Nodding:
Shaking head:
Looking at Evidence:
ImageImage
Thinking:
ImageImage
Taken Aback:
Start-up: Short 750 ms, Long 1460 ms
Image Image ImageImage
Shocked(/Scared?):
Start-up: Short 750 ms, Long 1460 ms
ImageImage ImageImage
Annoyed (+Sahwit's Toupee):
Start-up: 2100 ms
Image ImageImage
Embarrassed:
Image Image

CHRISTMAS VERSION
Happy:
ImageImage

Spoiler: Melanthios Phens
Charahub page (includes information about him)
Normal:
Image Image
Serious:
Image Image
Smug:
Image Image
Concerned:
Image Image
Impatient:
ImageImage
Angry:
ImageImage

Spoiler: Flora Phens

Spoiler: Richard Astin Lee

Spoiler: Myself
Normal:
Image Image
Embarassed:
Image Image

Spoiler: Canon Characters' Edits (USABLE, give credit)
Wesley Stickler:
Image Image

Valant Gramarye:

Ema Skye:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Spoiler: Evidence (USABLE, give credit)
Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: Locations (USABLE, give credit)

Spoiler: Misc.
Retro Redux Competition entry:
"Linday Zin is a shy woman of the 60's (I hope, at least). While she follows the fashion trends, she does so only to blend in with the crowd. However, she recently got herself involved into showing the fashion of the era to the world. She is ready, as you can see, but she can't really hide her anxiety (that smile of hers is clearly forced)."

From what I searched, Linday means "gentle", or "soft", and Zin means "a flower". Also, "day" and "zi" sound like "Daisy" (no, they wont say "Hi, I'm Daisy!", I mean the flower.)

Last edited by Nicky Boy on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Re: Nicky Boy's SpritesTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Nice stuff!

I like Isaac's sprites, though I feel it looks a bit weird with his bangs reaching his mouth :-P

The glowing badge and report are also cool!

Thank you!

You think? After I made his first pose back in... a day, some weeks later, a friend of mine had the same hairstyle, only a little bit shorter :maya-shock: . Besides, if you look closely, you can see why he needs an enormous fringe :angel:

These were supposed to be used by aliens in a case that I never got to make, that's why they're glowing.

Also, I realized that I hadn't included my AAO competition entry when making this thread, so check the OP for that! (It's under "Misc.")

Here comes an update!

Isaac was so shocked to find out I made his shocked pose, as you can see. This pose was a pain, because of the way they used the colors for Nick's suit, and because it has two versions. (Spoilers for space):
Spoiler: Animations
Taken Aback:
Image Image Image Image
Shocked(/Scared?):
Image Image Image Image

I should also note that from tomorrow, I'm gonna have very little internet access (fortunately, I've got data) for a period of time (a month and a half, maybe) so don't be SHOCKED (ok, ok, save your boo-ing for later) if I don't post anything.

Oh, and please, mention any flaws you may find in a month. I'm not touching this pose before then. I'm mentally exhausted from it. :yummy:

Last edited by Nicky Boy on Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SO... I became really...
...annoyed, because I had to update EVERY. SINGLE. ANIMATION. because I made his tie darker :sideglance2:. Anyway, as you just saw, Isaac's new pose is his annoyed one. I also updated his Taken Aback/Shocked one to make his wrist look more normal-sized.

As a bonus, I added Sahwit's Toupee throw to give the illusion I've been working hard as a startup of this animation. Hope you enjoy, I made everything in a lag-driven laptop. My limits were tested.

EDIT: Just a small lighting fix, pay it no mind. Hehe :sahwit:

Give a smile to make a smile!~

Wow, these sprites are actually very nice! Two things I absolutely LOVE about them are their fluency and your attention to detail. I really enjoy how Isaac's shadows actually move with him as he moves his head around. Very well done, I say! The only thing that I can say for future characters/sprites, is to try and make his hands a bit larger. The hands you have there are a bit small for a person of his size. (Don't worry, I also understand your pain of editing each and every frame of a sprite just to fix ONE error. It's tedious, but worth it, lol.) Thank you for sharing your sprites with us all to see! I hope to see more of them in the future. Keep going and never give up!
Check out my sprites here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32331

Thank you! People appreciating my work means a lot to me :larry2:

When studying Phoenix's sprites to see how I would make him, I did notice the shadow wasn't moving on him, and I would have done that myself... but then, I saw a gem like this:
and was like, "no way, it's better to recolor some pixels"... which reminds me, I just noticed two poses don't have moving a shadow. I'll fix that with the next pose

And, yeah, I'm not that good with anatomy :payne: I know the hand looks small, because I had compared it to his thinking pose.
Spoiler: Comparison
"Wh-Why are my hands floating in front of me?!"
But I took the easy fix of "it's angled towards the player" because I was lazy :sahwit: . I suppose making it larger won't hurt, though.

And, lastly, of course I'm not stopping now! I wanna keep getting better and better.

EDIT:So... I just saw some portions of the thread got photobucket'd. I'll work on it tomorrow, probably. Sorry if you didn't manage to see what's in there, you'll have to wait a bit!

Give a smile to make a smile!~

Nicky Boy wrote:
Thank you! People appreciating my work means a lot to me :larry2:

When studying Phoenix's sprites to see how I would make him, I did notice the shadow wasn't moving on him, and I would have done that myself... but then, I saw a gem like this:
and was like, "no way, it's better to recolor some pixels"... which reminds me, I just noticed two poses don't have moving a shadow. I'll fix that with the next pose

And, yeah, I'm not that good with anatomy :payne: I know the hand looks small, because I had compared it to his thinking pose.
Spoiler: Comparison
"Wh-Why are my hands floating in front of me?!"
But I took the easy fix of "it's angled towards the player" because I was lazy :sahwit: . I suppose making it larger won't hurt, though.

And, lastly, of course I'm not stopping now! I wanna keep getting better and better.

EDIT:So... I just saw some portions of the thread got photobucket'd. I'll work on it tomorrow, probably. Sorry if you didn't manage to see what's in there, you'll have to wait a bit!

You're very welcome! Glad to always see artists willing to keep improving their trade. Yeah, Phoenix's sprites' shadows don't always move on him, but what do we want from a game that came from the GBA to the DS? The fact that you took the initiative means a whole lot (at least to me).

No worries if you're not good with anatomy yet as well. We all start somewhere. As long as you understand you can improve and where you should focus that improvement, it goes a long way. I always see things wrong with how I do my stuff and I'm like: "Ohhhh boy! More practice for me." References of all kinds are also very helpful--pictures, statues, your own reflection (in the mirror), magazines, etc.

Also, no worries! I was able to see what was in there. The floating hands comment made me laugh a bit, lol. But I definitely see what you mean. Do what works for you for now and bit by bit (if you want) you can start trying new things to improve yourself. One thing I've learned as an artist is to learn when to leave your comfort zone to improve your art. It may not seem like it does much in the moment, but it certainly proves to be most fruitful in the long run.

I hope some of this helps and that you have a nice night/day. Happy Spriting! :athena:
Check out my sprites here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32331

Yeah, it does!

I actually am aware of most of them myself. But I have the bad habit of finding excuses for the flaws, and fix them only if I don't find one :payne: . A bad trait to have, but...

Anyways, as I said, I'm not letting anything stop me, and people liking my works gives me motive to just keep going!

I didn't find a rule for double-posts, but it's legal, I guess.

The photobucket links have been updated! Sorry if you tried to see what was in the sections that got affected, people, not my fault :angel:

Hooray, an update!

I'm working on something else right now, so I can't work on Isaac sadly, so have some Ema edits I did ages ago instead (talking versions in the OP):

Image Image Image

What are those, you ask? Ema is... well... flirting. It's not for my case, alright? But I got the OK for the one who needed them.

Art Person

XD Ema should be flirting only with her one and true love, SCIENCE!

Now, now, I didn't specify who or what she is flirting with :april:

Happy Maria

She looks like she's practising in the mirror for her big date with Fin Gerprintpowder.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Come on, we all know it's Wocky. Stop trying to deceive us.

I shall save you all from wasting energy to reply, and give my final answer:

It's... *drumroll*... Klavier!
ok, seriously, it's not Klavier. So keep speculating, someone is bound to find the correct answer... eventually :karma:

Clearly, Apollo made the mistake of dressing as a giant Snackoo for Halloween.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Aeliren wrote:
Clearly, Apollo made the mistake of dressing as a giant Snackoo for Halloween.

Lol

Yabba Dabba Doo

I'm guessing the sprites are for the Apollo dating sim that's currently being worked on?

Or maybe she's just looking at Edgeworth cosplaying as the Steel Samurai, I dunno.

You said it. You said the magic word.

Edgeworth.

but I can't talk about it since it isn't my project

Edgeworth cosplaying as the Steel Samurai. Hmm...

Happy Maria

I think I've seen photoshopped versions of that, actually. He pulls it off pretty well

It's giving me ideas for SG 1-3.

*Looks at the last time the thread was updated* Oops...

Well... it's been awfully long... sorry for that.
Isaac's next pose is what I feel right now, his Embarrassed one! As always, talking version in OP. It's kinda rushed, so I may re-do it later.

Speaking of that, I also have some poses to update. He has the Heroes!Reinhardt syndrome (please tell me you get the reference...) in his Shocked pose and some other stuff. Also, I may or may not keep changing his arms' anatomy every time I make them, but dunno how distracting it is...

So, yeah. I'm alive. Just lazy and having a life :D

Art Person

Nice work!
Looks good finished!

*Looks at the last time the thread was updated* Oops...
Hmm, mild deja-vu from that.....

Well, hello there. I'll be honest, I forgot I had a thread here, too :bellboy: . But I'm here now!

A lot has happened since my last update. Tl;dr version:

Isaac was updated, both that he got new animations and that he received a color update.
Isaac wrote:
"I do feel refreshed, actually!"

We now have Melanthios here, too! Hope you voted for him :edgeworth:
Melanthios wrote:
"Nick, stop forcing people to like something..."

And, more recently created, his daughter Flora!
Flora wrote:
"Hi!"

I have arisen once more after 2 weeks without internet! (Well, I had data but you get what I mean)

I have another update! And no, I didn't get round to making new poses for someone. Instead, I made someone! Kinda the same, right? Meet...

Astin Lee! Well, his full name is Richard Astin Lee, but I prefer simply calling him Astin. Who is he, you ask? Well... I won't reveal it *here*. You can find it somewhere in the OP, though. (Suspense, supsense...)

I'm doing some edit for Ema, too, but these will take some more. Here's a glimpse:
Spoiler: Ema Edit

this version of her AJ sprites, and two bonuses, will come... eventually.

Happy Maria

Well now, flirty Ema’s taken a strange twist.

Ftr, I'm not making these for *myself*... kinda.

Well, that's meant to be a more casual outfit under her coat. Think of it as a "a case came up but I didn't have time to wear everything I usually do"

Whats this? Two updates so close together? Witchcraft!

Anyways, I figured I should update more often from time to time. So, without further ado... (no, I didn't finish making the Ema edits I mentioned) We have... Me!

No really. It's me. I look like that. Yeah....

Anyways, talking versions in OP. Hope you like me! Don't care if you don't, though.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're back after the commercial break to announce that activity has been reported in Nicky Boy's Sprites. Allegedly, detective Ema Skye is involved in some way. Stay tuned to learn more!

Ok, crappy intro aside, the Ema set no-one everyone has been waiting for is here! Now she can talk to Fin Gerprintpowder in new clothes! However, they are a lot of sprites to see, so I'll link the album in this reply instead. All the sprites are there in the OP, though.
Page 1 of 1 [ 31 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites