Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart

Page 1 of 20[ 797 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

Arkillian's Fanart- Comic cover- Meigo!Topic%20Title

Waiting on Godot...

OK, so like, I have a TRUCK ton of Phoenix Wright art and it's getting too much for this thread so what I'm gonna do is link the latest 5 or so pictures, and any of you want to see more will need to go to my Deviantart account here. Otherwise, this forum is littered with mostly art.

Comments are appreciated no matter what you may think of me- if you like, please don't be afraid to say so ^^ I like to get feed back of any kind :)

The solo release of Curiosity killed the Kitten's cover. Originally designed to be the title page for my comic, now been updated to be the cover :3

Cover for Tales of Turnabout collab comic I'm working on with 5 other artists. For more details on the comic, please visit the #TalesofTurnabout group or check out the CR forum thread on it

Ruby Lips- I wanted to draw a picture of Mia. Most of it didn't work out as well as I hoped, but this much did :) Done in Copic.

A Kitten Treat- a Miego Valentines day tribute. Please click to full view
WARNING- contains nipples *NSFW*

Five solid gold ring- a Christmas tribute for a club on DA of Miles and Phoenix

Best friends. A gift art on DA of Phoenix, Larry and Miles.

Robert Hammond
Featuring Yanni Yogi's head. I love how Noir he is ^^

Derezzed
AAI characters all done up TRON styles. I'm so hot for TRON right now. It was such an awesome movie <3 Miles' outfit was really difficult to translate :( In hindsight a cravat may have been better. Kay's scarf rocks big time though <3

One Sweet day
A collaboration between Ishizuki and myself! A international collaboration picture in traditional medium- epic, huh? :D And pretty ^^

To see more, please go to my Deviantart account :)
ImageImageImageImage

Last edited by Arkillian on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 97 times in total.
Re: Arkillian's FanartTopic%20Title

What do you see behind the mask?

I really like your style, it's clear and kinda reminds me of the old 80s comics.
Awesome, keep on going!

PS: And your coloring style appeals a lot to me. Anything special about it how you do it? I'm curious!

Waiting on Godot...

Perrydotto wrote:
PS: And your coloring style appeals a lot to me. Anything special about it how you do it? I'm curious!

Which one in particular? I have a few different colouring styles there
ImageImageImageImage

Moving on up!

I really like you style. I've seen some of you stuff on Y!gallery and I hope you share more soon.
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

Waiting on Godot...

Oh! Who are you on Y!g? ^^ :keiko:

I'm still thinking about how I'm gonna post more... I dont' think I could post my Y!g stuff ( XD ), but I do have my fanfic Turnabout Attorney, and all the art associated. Do I need to take that somewhere else? It has alot of OC stuff in it >.>
ImageImageImageImage

Moving on up!

Arkillian wrote:
Oh! Who are you on Y!g? ^^ :keiko:

I'm still thinking about how I'm gonna post more... I dont' think I could post my Y!g stuff ( XD ), but I do have my fanfic Turnabout Attorney, and all the art associated. Do I need to take that somewhere else? It has alot of OC stuff in it >.>

I'm Lunaria42 on y!gallery as well.

Yeah, if you did post the Y!G stuff here, it would have to be a link to it only and mark it as NSFW if that is the case.

There is a fanfiction thread here, so I'm sure you fic could go there. If it is NC-17, it needs a link to it just like with the pictures. Many people write about OCs or have OCs in their stories. All the art could just go in this thread.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

Waiting on Godot...

Ok- you talked me into it. I'll go through my turnabout attorney stuff now :)

I still don't think some of my yaoi is gonna be ok here thoguh. Some of it is pretty X-rated XD I'll see if I have some that isn't tooooo promiscuous... XD
ImageImageImageImage

Arkillian wrote:
Perrydotto wrote:

Which one in particular? I have a few different colouring styles there

The one you used in pics like the Godot one.

And you can post adult stuff, but you have to link to it instead of putting it up directly, and you have to label it properly.

Waiting on Godot...

Perrydotto wrote:
Arkillian wrote:
Perrydotto wrote:
The one you used in pics like the Godot one.

Sorry to be a pain, but which Godot one? I have a few up there :godot:
ImageImageImageImage

Arkillian wrote:
Spoiler: Mia and Diego drinking coffee together on Valentines day

My latest art work as of this moment I post this. I love how this turned out. They're so sweet together ^^

I love this one it's sooooooooo cute!
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Waiting on Godot...

loobywright wrote:
Arkillian wrote:
Spoiler: Mia and Diego drinking coffee together on Valentines day

My latest art work as of this moment I post this. I love how this turned out. They're so sweet together ^^

I love this one it's sooooooooo cute!

Thanks ^^ That's my most current picture. I allowed myself alot more time to colour it. Normally I'm too busy to colour stuff nicely >.> A bit sad I couldn't manage to make the heart coffee stain look like a stain though >.>
ImageImageImageImage

Need a sig etc. Click the sig ^-~

These are great ^_^
I love them :godot:
I love that one; how do you colour it? (on a computer? Really good pens?) me = not so great when it comes to colouring in.... :payne:
ImageImageImage
Thanks Christie so much for Pearl which I adopted from her :3 Yay Christie

Waiting on Godot...

Purple Angel wrote:
These are great ^_^
I love them :godot:
I love that one; how do you colour it? (on a computer? Really good pens?) me = not so great when it comes to colouring in.... :payne:

Which one ^^; I'm a bit of a mixed media artist sometimes. There's alot of digital, but some of it is pencil. I do all my linearts by hand though. Digital is something I haven't been using for that long. I'm a pencil artist.
ImageImageImageImage

I meant the Miego - Valentine's day one :godot:
I love drawing in pencil; hate colouring though I always manage to get fingerprints on my work :payne:
ImageImageImage

Waiting on Godot...

Purple Angel wrote:
I meant the Miego - Valentine's day one :godot:
I love drawing in pencil; hate colouring though I always manage to get fingerprints on my work :payne:

Hmm... well, if you mean the lineart side, that's all just practice developing an art style... a bit hard to tell you how I do that. I can show a crap scan of the lineart though-

Spoiler:

Choice of pose? I'm not sure how it came to my mind, but I thought it'd be nice to have Diego resting his feet against the wall with Mia nearby. The wall became awkward, so I drew a chair there, and thought it'd be nice to have Mia sitting on his legs. It's then that I realized that it was actually a really cute pose, so I stuffed some coffee in their hands and had them doing a quiet chat to eachother ^^ Awe... This is my favourite part of art- the pre lineart stuff :)

I changed a little from this original, but its basically that with extra stuffs.

Um... Firstly, I use Photoshop CS2 and a tablet if anyone needs to know. My colouring style isn't that great cause I don't have a sense of colour yet- I'm learning though!

Lets see... First I scan the lineart at a high resolution (600dpi in my case), turn it into pure black and white with 'threshold', then I delete all the white. I then make a layer of white underneath, and fold fill in my base colours before light hits them.

Once the base colours are down, I do the shading. I usually do the mid tone shading first, gaussian blur it to a soft graduation, then do my darkest shades on top. With this though, use a darker version of the colour- not the burn tool. Burn and dodge are good for glossy highlights like hair cause it actually changes the hue of the colour (whether it's a redy orange, or a yellowy orange)

After I've done the shading, I make the colours all similar by putting a colour wash over the whole pic, and blending it with like... a soft light filter or something. It's the cheats way out, but it works for me at the moment. I just means you can't get colour contrasts as well.

Sorry about the long reaply- I'm a wordy person T.T :javado: :youngmia:

As for fingerprints over your work- how are you getting them there? I suggest washing your hands heaps if they get dirty while pencil drawing. That, and putting something under your hand when you're drawing. Some artists start from the furtherest end and draw down so they don't smudge stuff. OR do you mean something non pencil?
ImageImageImageImage

That's ok I don't mind the long reply :edgy:
oh, :draw: cool. I can hardly get to colour my work nicely I tend to do things in b;ack and white though I'm tryin to improve my colouring technique :edgy:
When I draw in pencil I get like some of it smudged onto my hand and then it just prints itself on my work. But thanks for the advice so I just have to put a scrap under my hand and voila!
ImageImageImage

Waiting on Godot...

Purple Angel wrote:
But thanks for the advice so I just have to put a scrap under my hand and voila!

What do you draw with? I sketch with 2H pencils. They don't smudge easily, and they erase without leaving a stain. HB or softer is bad to sketch or draft with cause it is difficult to erase more than a few times. Woodless pencils are great to draw with too :) Cover more area cause they're not limited to the inside of the wood ^^ Most art supply stores will also have kneedable erasers too
Image stuff like this- it's not that expensive if you get the right brand. That pic is a fnacy set I just got, but all you really need is a 2H mechanical, and HB woodless, and 1 or 2 B type pencils for the heavy shadows. If you complete most of your pic in HB, you should be find to hop onto B type without too much heart attack >.>

Image In this, most of it is HB (Remember to sharpen it heaps- woodless pencils go blunt FAST) and the darker shadows are either 4B or 9B... I picked up the wrong pencil once or twice and ran with it. I did the smoke with a kneedable eraser. They're AWESOME for picking up stray lead. MUCH better than rubber erasers.

Does that make any sense at all sorry? ^^;
ImageImageImageImage

Wow. I am dense sometimes. XD We've been chatting all this time and I'm just now realize who you are! I see your work on dA all the time--It's great! I really love your comic-book style of doing things. :3

Sig and Avie created by awesome Vicki!!

Your story with Zeth (that's right, isn't it?) is highly interesting! I can't wait to see more.

And don't worry, it made sense to me XD though Zeth's motives are unclear at the moment... that that sounds like it's supposed to be that way.

BTW, I answered your question the the RP topic
NEW:V-Day Drabbles! | Flawless Achievement | These Wounds Can Heal | When the Wall Crumbles
Daughter of Xero and Mystic Mina. Sister of Lana & Ulala

Waiting on Godot...

Caelestis wrote:
Your story with Zeth (that's right, isn't it?) is highly interesting! I can't wait to see more.

And don't worry, it made sense to me XD though Zeth's motives are unclear at the moment... that that sounds like it's supposed to be that way.

BTW, I answered your question the the RP topic

*giggles* Well, I guess it wasn't gonna stay a secret for long ^^ Specially since I have so much art of him :yogi:

Yeah- that's him :D Zeth's motives will start to come out in chapter.... hmmm... 4 I think.... lets seee... chapter 3 is that... chapter where Phoenix dies... Chapter 5 is when Oldbag gets Miles and..... lol- just kidding ;) Chapter 4 is when stuff starts to come out. I'll be a little slow to post it here cause sadly, I'm still working on the finer details of part 2, cause anything I write from the chapter I'm on now is going to be too tightly laced for me to wing it. I had the most inSANE infection last year though- took me out for a whole year with an epic leveled cold. I was writing this through the whole thing in sane periods XD I donno how good the writing is cause of that XD

I saw that you answered my question- thank you ^^ I'm going to think abit about it before I reply yet though. See if any of it is still confusing to me. I think how the court cases are run are the most confusing thing to me XD I'm guessing alot of PMing? :shoe:
Popo-Licious wrote:
Wow. I am dense sometimes. XD We've been chatting all this time and I'm just now realize who you are! I see your work on dA all the time--It's great! I really love your comic-book style of doing things. :3

Oh- Who are you on DA? :edgy: Thank you though :) I'm taking a break from DA for a while- life has been too stressful to keep up with all my online communities (this forum should theoretically be one of the things I hold back on but isn't currently >.> ) cause I'm part of 4 social groups not on the net, and I post art on 7 different sites XD Lol- my friends keep joining too many new art communities.

Um.. Time to stop spewing words... Me talking = spam :meekins:
ImageImageImageImage

Arkillian wrote:
Purple Angel wrote:
But thanks for the advice so I just have to put a scrap under my hand and voila!

What do you draw with? I sketch with 2H pencils. They don't smudge easily, and they erase without leaving a stain. HB or softer is bad to sketch or draft with cause it is difficult to erase more than a few times. Woodless pencils are great to draw with too :) Cover more area cause they're not limited to the inside of the wood ^^ Most art supply stores will also have kneedable erasers too
Image stuff like this- it's not that expensive if you get the right brand. That pic is a fnacy set I just got, but all you really need is a 2H mechanical, and HB woodless, and 1 or 2 B type pencils for the heavy shadows. If you complete most of your pic in HB, you should be find to hop onto B type without too much heart attack >.>

Image In this, most of it is HB (Remember to sharpen it heaps- woodless pencils go blunt FAST) and the darker shadows are either 4B or 9B... I picked up the wrong pencil once or twice and ran with it. I did the smoke with a kneedable eraser. They're AWESOME for picking up stray lead. MUCH better than rubber erasers.

Does that make any sense at all sorry? ^^;

Yes it all makes sense :edgy:
I have a set f pencil; not as fancy as that one *goes off to get that one*
I didn't know that woodless pencils are better. And that the type of pencil effects the smudgeness. I don't know what pencil I use specifically. I just use whatever I think would do the job best.
Thank you ^_^
I think I did have a 9B pencil but then I let my little brother use it and when I got it back it was broken into 2 pieces :yuusaku:

Anyway, that sketch of your OC is really good. I love how you've done the smoke and the toning is good. Also the proportion is well decided. ^_^
ImageImageImage

Waiting on Godot...

Purple Angel wrote:
Yes it all makes sense :edgy:
I have a set f pencil; not as fancy as that one *goes off to get that one*
I didn't know that woodless pencils are better. And that the type of pencil effects the smudgeness. I don't know what pencil I use specifically. I just use whatever I think would do the job best.
Thank you ^_^
I think I did have a 9B pencil but then I let my little brother use it and when I got it back it was broken into 2 pieces :yuusaku:

Anyway, that sketch of your OC is really good. I love how you've done the smoke and the toning is good. Also the proportion is well decided. ^_^

Wood strengthened pencils are still good :) I prefer woodless though cause you can cover more area with it. They're all the same price too. They are fragile if you drop them though- I warn you. If you DO break them though, if you look at the photo I posted- in the middle is a white thing- that is a lead extender. You can put the butt end of your pencil in there and use it like a new one till its fully run out :D (Or put broken pencil leads in there if you know what weight they are) The lead inside is the biggest issue. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pencil<- This wikipedia article has some info on the different grades.

Thanks for the compliment on the pic ^^ I have been unhealthy for a long time last year, and that picture was the first one I drew when I became healthy again :) It took me about 40 hours to draw, but it was well worth it ^^ I enjoyed every moment of drawing it ^^
ImageImageImageImage

you mean I could of kept my broken pencil?! I wish I never threw my pencil away...
I never realised how much I could learn about pencils :redd:
What happened? Why were you unhealthy? (you don't have to tell me i'm just curious)
my mum was ill she spent 6 months doing this absoloutely giant puzzle and its beautiful. it now hangs on our wall in a frame. however she kind of can't recover and has to take tablets for the rest of her life.
Anyway, you spent 40 hours! that's a long time (worth it though) and I thought my art exam was long which was 10 and a half hours. I'm not so great at art but my family expect me to be (since most of my family is made up of artists) so I really want to learn as much as possible but I guess I'sm just better at graphics.
ImageImageImage

Waiting on Godot...

Purple Angel wrote:
you mean I could of kept my broken pencil?! I wish I never threw my pencil away...
I never realised how much I could learn about pencils :redd:
What happened? Why were you unhealthy? (you don't have to tell me i'm just curious)
my mum was ill she spent 6 months doing this absoloutely giant puzzle and its beautiful. it now hangs on our wall in a frame. however she kind of can't recover and has to take tablets for the rest of her life.
Anyway, you spent 40 hours! that's a long time (worth it though) and I thought my art exam was long which was 10 and a half hours. I'm not so great at art but my family expect me to be (since most of my family is made up of artists) so I really want to learn as much as possible but I guess I'sm just better at graphics.

10 hours is still a VERY long time! I only ever spend 40 hours on a pic when I have to research heaps- that's all part of the 40 hours. Not just drawing. Alot of it is off / on stuff too, so it's just an estimate XD The pencil extenders in my experience aren't cheep (I'm not sure why this is) but it's reusable. I've never used it before- I got it recently, btu it looks a great idea! :D

The infection I got was a bug in May where it was immune to 5 antibacterials on the market- I took 3 of those antibacterials over 6 + months, striping out my system, collapsing as I got home... migraines... Never had one till then >.> I was on codeine tablets... They were fun the first 2 days (they're opiates) the novelty ran out fast though when I was livign on caffeine to do anything, and not sleeping for 3 days when I went off XD In October, I went on colodinal silver, which is what actually killed the bacteria. I knew like... 2 days after I started taking it that it was working ^^ I hadn't felt so healthy in AGES! Just in time for Christmas rush by the time I was fully recovered :) The cold cost me a grand NZD.

Before that also, I worked on my comic [url="http://arkillian.deviantart.com/gallery/#Final-Sunset-Comic"]Final sunset[/url], but I didn't take care fo myself doing it, and made myself very sick in the process :( That's why when I say that I haven't been well for over a year, the other part was me killing my immune system getting a 30 page comic done on time. By the time the infection came, I had no defense. I'll NEVER do that agian.
ImageImageImageImage

High Functioning Sociopath

:pealshock:

Need...to...stop...flitting around...forums...caught spoilers...

Love your work! That picture you drew of Zeth (with pencil, the one with him and the Poker chips) is outstanding...

Oh and I am in love with Godot/Diego again ... Move over Mia... :godot:

Anyway, I will keep reading, I am even more intrigued now!
"In a world of locked doors, the man with the key is King, and honey, you should see me in a crown!" ~Moriarty~
All my fan-fiction in one complete package!

Ha...!

WOW, just WOW. :gant-clap2: Your work is awesome!

Waiting on Godot...

Pearls1975 wrote:
:pealshock:

Need...to...stop...flitting around...forums...caught spoilers...

Love your work! That picture you drew of Zeth (with pencil, the one with him and the Poker chips) is outstanding...

Oh and I am in love with Godot/Diego again ... Move over Mia... :godot:

Anyway, I will keep reading, I am even more intrigued now!

Sorry- I hope the spoilers weren't from me :( I try to hide them as much as I can (I's so hard to do) :grey:

Thank you though ^^ I enjoy drawing Zeth and Diego/Godot alot :D Godot is my favourite PW character cause I relate to him so much ^^ That, and he's so darn sexy ;) :haykitten: I'll draw some more soon- I just need to refind my muse. I've had some stress lately, and it's made drawing VERY difficult for me :( I've very tough on myself critically.

eliska wrote:
WOW, just WOW. :gant-clap2: Your work is awesome!

Thank you :pencil: It's my pleasure ^^
ImageImageImageImage

Waiting on Godot...

Updated another pic ^^

ImageImageImageImage

Moving on up!

Arkillian wrote:
Updated another pic ^^

I really like this one. Is the girl an OC or is it supposed to be Viola?

Waiting on Godot...

Lunaria42 wrote:

No- that's Viola without the bandage on. I thought that someone with a head injury wasn't gonna get a job at Tres Bien- They'd be worried about her health ^^; Besides- it takes away from the scene :)
ImageImageImageImage

Moving on up!

Arkillian wrote:
Lunaria42 wrote:

No- that's Viola without the bandage on. I thought that someone with a head injury wasn't gonna get a job at Tres Bien- They'd be worried about her health ^^; Besides- it takes away from the scene :)

No worries, it was just hard for me to recognize her without her bandage and dress. It is a great picture.

Waiting on Godot...

Lunaria42 wrote:
Arkillian wrote:
Lunaria42 wrote:

No worries, it was just hard for me to recognize her without her bandage and dress. It is a great picture.

It's no worries. I've labeled it at the top for that reason. A change in art style and minus certain recognizing features, and she could be anyone :yogi:
ImageImageImageImage

No DSis in the courtroom please.

Haha I finally got a chance to see your art =D
I love it a lot
The way you draw your OC's, especially Zeth is awesome.
ImageImageImage

Waiting on Godot...

SupwithyouSammie wrote:
Haha I finally got a chance to see your art =D
I love it a lot
The way you draw your OC's, especially Zeth is awesome.

^^ Thank you :godot: I lucked out with Zeth's design. I'm not sure if it's Sweeney Todd that made him popular, or the fact that he was just a great design, but Zeth has been a real hit ^^ I think it's cause he's cool rather than hot, and he has alot more appeal cause of it. What ever the reason though, I'm glad people like him :) It makes drawing too much of him an easy thing to do XD
ImageImageImageImage
Re: Arkillian's Fanart- Updated 24/03/2009Topic%20Title

Waiting on Godot...

Just updated with this picture. Full version is at the top. Sorry I've been so slow with art T.T I seriously have been too busy to draw ANYTHING for so long :nixiesob:
ImageImageImageImage

Sig and Avie created by awesome Vicki!!

Arkillian wrote:
^^ Thank you :godot: I lucked out with Zeth's design. I'm not sure if it's Sweeney Todd that made him popular, or the fact that he was just a great design, but Zeth has been a real hit ^^ I think it's cause he's cool rather than hot, and he has alot more appeal cause of it. What ever the reason though, I'm glad people like him :) It makes drawing too much of him an easy thing to do XD

I agree about Zeth. I dunno, when I first saw his design, I just liked it a lot :yuusaku: It's hard to explain. I guess his cocky grin and his whole face just seemed "cool" to look at. I dunno, am I making any sense? (I'm a writer who can't explain herself through writing—how does that make sense!? lol)
NEW:V-Day Drabbles! | Flawless Achievement | These Wounds Can Heal | When the Wall Crumbles
Daughter of Xero and Mystic Mina. Sister of Lana & Ulala

Waiting on Godot...

Caelestis wrote:
I agree about Zeth. I dunno, when I first saw his design, I just liked it a lot :yuusaku: It's hard to explain. I guess his cocky grin and his whole face just seemed "cool" to look at. I dunno, am I making any sense? (I'm a writer who can't explain herself through writing—how does that make sense!? lol)

I think certain combinations together of different elements make a characters seem interesting. Something outstanding. I think for Zeth it's his hair. I donno. I'm still learning the process of ideal combos, but sometimes I hit it. Even without looking at him though, Zeth's personality is REALLY fun to write XD He's very chaotic and kinda crazy XD I like that in a character :)
ImageImageImageImage

Arkillian wrote:

Whoops, totally overlooked this post!
I meant the one with Godot and his mantra. The coloring reminds me of old comics, dunno why. I love it!

Waiting on Godot...

Perrydotto wrote:
Arkillian wrote:

Whoops, totally overlooked this post!
I meant the one with Godot and his mantra. The coloring reminds me of old comics, dunno why. I love it!

It prob reminds you of old comics cause it's JPEGed XD All I did was a flood fill. Nothing special XD The lineart makes the picture in that one... not that the hair wasn't way too short XD Lol. I guess it's my hybrid style. I learnt from a 1960s art book, but grew up surrounded by anime :edgy:
ImageImageImageImage

Mr. Step-ladder

Art-gasm. :beef:
Always strive to improve, not compare to others! - Arkillian
Purple Angel wins infinity cookies for this signiture! Who may come back soon!
Page 1 of 20 [ 797 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart