Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart

Page 1 of 2[ 42 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

My sexy LaptopTopic%20Title

I hope this is the right place to post this but i had to show off my laptop screen after me and girlfriend :hotti: customized it so hope you all like it. also if you wanna know how i did it just ask :hotti:

Last edited by Church Of Sumire on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: My sexy LaptopTopic%20Title

What do you want? A cookie? A medal? I'll give you both.

In all seriousness, that's a pretty good design. I change my desktop background frequently, but my current one is Neko Koneko from Azumanga Daioh.

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
What do you want? A cookie? A medal? I'll give you both.

In all seriousness, that's a pretty good design. I change my desktop background frequently, but my current one is Neko Koneko from Azumanga Daioh.

Both would be awesome :D and i lobe azumanga daioh :keiko: do you just change the background or the icons as well?

Quote:
Both would be awesome :D and i lobe azumanga daioh :keiko: do you just change the background or the icons as well?

I'm on PC, not Mac. There's probably a way to change the icons, but I'm fine with how they look. I also have a bunch of high quality Metal Gear desktop images as well. Here's just a small sampling. These pictures are LARGE, so you may want to zoom out to see them fully.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Yeah, Azuamanga Daioh is one of my favorite manga/anime. I recently bought the complete Omnibus volume and even found the long out-of-print Complete Collection DVD for only $30 at my local used media store. Lucky me, huh? :will:

Quote:

I'm on PC, not Mac. There's probably a way to change the icons, but I'm fine with how they look. I also have a bunch of high quality Metal Gear desktop images as well. Here's just a small sampling. These pictures are LARGE, so you may want to zoom out to see them fully.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Yeah, Azuamanga Daioh is one of my favorite manga/anime. I recently bought the complete Omnibus volume and even found the long out-of-print Complete Collection DVD for only $30 at my local used media store. Lucky me, huh? :will:

There should be a way to look up how to change the icons on pc its probally the same just for each icon go to Get info.

everything for $30? :grey: if so then yes xD btw do you like lucky star?

Quote:
There should be a way to look up how to change the icons on pc its probally the same just for each icon go to Get info.

No, I mean I bought the volume a few weeks ago and found the DVD set for $30. I still consider that to be lucky, because this show can go for $60-$100 on eBay.

I haven't seen Lucky Star; but it does look like a good series similar to Azumanga Daioh. I know of Lucky Star because Apollo Justice and Klavier Gavin make a cameo during one of the episodes. :godot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-ersJZur_U

Now if only I could find the box set for Higurashi: When They Cry. That's a really rare series. I'm talking at least $100 used and $350 new. Still, you always discover something rare every day. At a used bookshop I go to, I found the ultra rare Lupin III First Haul and Final Haul box sets for $30 all together. Both sets are basically collections of every licensed Lupin III movie produced by Funimation. I have the complete First Series as well as Discotek's recent release of Mystery of Mamo containing all four English dubs. I still need The Fuma Conspiracy, First Contact, and Green vs. Red; which are all easy to find. There aren't too many Lupin III movies in the US because the franchise never gained popularity in the West. :grey:

Quote:

No, I mean I bought the volume a few weeks ago and found the DVD set for $30. I still consider that to be lucky, because this show can go for $60-$100 on eBay.

I haven't seen Lucky Star; but it does look like a good series similar to Azumanga Daioh. I know of Lucky Star because Apollo Justice and Klavier Gavin make a cameo during one of the episodes. :godot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-ersJZur_U

Now if only I could find the box set for Higurashi: When They Cry. That's a really rare series. I'm talking at least $100 used and $350 new. Still, you always discover something rare every day. At a used bookshop I go to, I found the ultra rare Lupin III First Haul and Final Haul box sets for $30 all together. Both sets are basically collections of every licensed Lupin III movie produced by Funimation. I have the complete First Series as well as Discotek's recent release of Mystery of Mamo containing all four English dubs. I still need The Fuma Conspiracy, First Contact, and Green vs. Red; which are all easy to find. There aren't too many Lupin III movies in the US because the franchise never gained popularity in the West. :grey:

O_O omg you just made me love lucky star more :hotti: and that sucks im sure here in a anime store that i know you can get the collection for like $40-$60 :yogi: and ugh speaking of all that i havnt watched lupid the third D:

Quote:
O_O omg you just made me love lucky star more and that sucks im sure here in a anime store that i know you can get the collection for like $40-$60 and ugh speaking of all that i havnt watched lupid the third D:

It's a huge franchise, but I suggest you start with the second movie "The Castle of Cagliostro." It was the first ever movie directed by Hayao Miyazaki and its an absolute masterpiece. I wrote a long and in-depth review for THEM Anime Forums.
http://www.themanime.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7802

I also wrote a review for the excellent First Series, which Miyazaki also had extensive involvement with.
http://www.themanime.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7801

I'm currently going through the ENTIRE franchise for the first time in release order. Right now I'm on episode 23 of the second series which has 155 episodes. :beef:

Quote:
O_O omg you just made me love lucky star more and that sucks im sure here in a anime store that i know you can get the collection for like $40-$60 and ugh speaking of all that i havnt watched lupid the third D:

It's a huge franchise, but I suggest you start with the second movie "The Castle of Cagliostro." It was the first ever movie directed by Hayao Miyazaki and its an absolute masterpiece. I wrote a long and in-depth review for THEM Anime Forums.
http://www.themanime.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7802

I also wrote a review for the excellent First Series, which Miyazaki also had extensive involvement with.
http://www.themanime.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7801

I'm currently going through the ENTIRE franchise for the first time in release order. Right now I'm on episode 23 of the second series which has 155 episodes. :beef:

for Lupin i wanna watch the anime first before the movie and ill check out your reveiw :hotti: also thats not too bad try watching all of 604 episodes of one piece :keiko:

Quote:
for Lupin i wanna watch the anime first before the movie and ill check out your reveiw :hotti: also thats not too bad try watching all of 604 episodes of one piece :keiko:

Then watch the original 1970s First Series. While Cagliostro is an excellent starting point, watching the First Series actually makes you understand and appreciate the film more. I mentioned this in detail in my review.

The series is readily available for a reasonable price online. Or you could always torrent/stream it. :jake:
http://www.amazon.com/Lupin-3rd-Complet ... =lupin+iii

Quote:

Then watch the original 1970s First Series. While Cagliostro is an excellent starting point, watching the First Series actually makes you understand and appreciate the film more. I mentioned this in detail in my review.

The series is readily available for a reasonable price online. Or you could always torrent/stream it. :jake:
http://www.amazon.com/Lupin-3rd-Complet ... =lupin+iii

ill make sure to do that then :hotti: and oh its not to bad if i can find it at bestbuy they can price match it for me

Quote:
ill make sure to do that then :hotti: and oh its not to bad if i can find it at bestbuy they can price match it for me

That's funny, cause I bought it from Best Buy myself! I often get gift cards from family members, so I used them to buy some anime a few months ago. I really do recommend the First Series. It's an amazing collection that has a high quality transfer, extensive linear notes, commentary from Lupin III fans, and much more. You might want to read my review, or other reviews of the show to get a feel for what you're getting into.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lupin+The+3 ... &lp=6&cp=1

Quote:

That's funny, cause I bought it from Best Buy myself! I often get gift cards from family members, so I used them to buy some anime a few months ago. I really do recommend the First Series. It's an amazing collection that has a high quality transfer, extensive linear notes, commentary from Lupin III fans, and much more. You might want to read my review, or other reviews of the show to get a feel for what you're getting into.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lupin+The+3 ... &lp=6&cp=1

oh wow :keiko: i definatly gotta get it when i get my first paycheck this friday :hotti:

Quote:

oh wow :keiko: i definatly gotta get it when i get my first paycheck this friday :hotti:

That's great that you're interested! At least I could convince one person to check out this franchise. :will:

I mentioned this in my review, but the series really changes tone throughout. At first it's really dark and violent, but by the end of the series it's much more family-friendly. You can definitely see Miyazaki's influence in the later episodes. It's only 23 episodes, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Tell me what you think when you get around watching it. Maybe a Lupin III thread could get started or something.

Quote:

That's great that you're interested! At least I could convince one person to check out this franchise. :will:

I mentioned this in my review, but the series really changes tone throughout. At first it's really dark and violent, but by the end of the series it's much more family-friendly. You can definitely see Miyazaki's influence in the later episodes. It's only 23 episodes, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Tell me what you think when you get around watching it. Maybe a Lupin III thread could get started or something.

shit its lupin the third of course im gonna love it :keiko: ill let you know maybe if i find it online tonight ill watch it faster lol

Quote:
shit its lupin the third of course im gonna love it :keiko: ill let you know maybe if i find it online tonight ill watch it faster lol

I actually just watched some Lupin III today! The season one finale was surprisingly mature and emotional, which really caught me off guard. Still, the show never takes itself to seriously; and always retains its signature humor! 129 episodes to go now! Looking back on it though, it isn't nearly as long as some other series. My goal is to finish it by the end of the year. Once I'm done with that, getting through everything else will be much easier.

You also might want to know that the newest Lupin series, The Woman Called Fujiko Mine is coming to DVD and Blu-ray this month! The Limited Edition is going to have a deluxe art book! Though as per usual Funimation standards, it's really expensive. :beef:
http://www.amazon.com/Lupin-Third-Calle ... ujiko+mine
I guess you could always get the regular Blu-Ray edition for slightly cheaper.

Quote:

I actually just watched some Lupin III today! The season one finale was surprisingly mature and emotional, which really caught me off guard. Still, the show never takes itself to seriously; and always retains its signature humor! 129 episodes to go now! Looking back on it though, it isn't nearly as long as some other series. My goal is to finish it by the end of the year. Once I'm done with that, getting through everything else will be much easier.

You also might want to know that the newest Lupin series, The Woman Called Fujiko Mine is coming to DVD and Blu-ray this month! The Limited Edition is going to have a deluxe art book! Though as per usual Funimation standards, it's really expensive. :beef:
I guess you could always get the regular Blu-Ray edition for slightly cheaper.

wait if funimation did it then maybe its on their youtube channel with full episodes O.o

Quote:
wait if funimation did it then maybe its on their youtube channel with full episodes O.o

Perhaps, but I actually found both versions at Walmart for only $36.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/24333654

http://www.walmart.com/ip/24333620

Speaking of Funimation, I highly, highly recommend their science fiction anime series Steins;Gate. It's based of one of the greatest visual novels of all time and is one of the best anime I've ever watched. It not only succeeds as an adaption, but also as a stand alone and enjoyable series. Here's the trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4en7ZkhX8c

I've also linked the first episode, either Japanese with subs or the English dub. S;G actually has one of the best dubs I've ever heard in recent memory. Both are great, but the Japanese cast is simply legendary. You need a YouTube account to view episodes on Funimation's channel, but doesn't everyone have one these days?
Japanese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsr-UiTPWsU
English: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz-L_sgaLUY

I always see that manga everytime i catch up with my other manga's but never knew what it was about i might as well use the link you gave me to watch the first episode :will:

Quote:
I always see that manga everytime i catch up with my other manga's but never knew what it was about i might as well use the link you gave me to watch the first episode :will:

Trust me, the visual novel and anime are amazing. In fact, JAST USA just licensed the VN for Western release in English.

As for the anime, watch it the whole way through. It's only 25 episodes, and a movie recently came out in Japan a few months ago wrapping up the whole story. Once you get into this series, you won't want to stop. :meekins:

Quote:

Trust me, the visual novel and anime are amazing. In fact, JAST USA just licensed the VN for Western release in English.

As for the anime, watch it the whole way through. It's only 25 episodes, and a movie recently came out in Japan a few months ago wrapping up the whole story. Once you get into this series, you won't want to stop. :meekins:

skimmed through the episode you sent an the moment i saw that dead girl covered in blood i was sold :sparkly-maggey: lol

Quote:
skimmed through the episode you sent an the moment i saw that dead girl covered in blood i was sold :sparkly-maggey: lol

Then watch the whole series! Make sure you see the episode in full when you have the time! According to Anime Vice, "It's like somebody taped an episode of The Big Bang Theory over a copy of Donnie Darko." :godot:

Quote:

Then watch the whole series! Make sure you see the episode in full when you have the time! According to Anime Vice, "It's like somebody taped an episode of The Big Bang Theory over a copy of Donnie Darko." :godot:

good way of referencing it :keiko: i most likely watch anime all day tomorow since its my day off from work :sparkly-maggey:

Did you get a chance to watch Lupin III or Steins;Gate today?

Did you get a chance to watch Lupin III or Steins;Gate today?

Not today ill do it tonight i was abit busy watching this anime that just came out recently based of the manga its really amazing you gotta watch it its called "Watashi ga Motenai no wa dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!" which translates to "No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!" you gotta watch it :pearl-blush: the main character is the girl in my icon

Quote:
Not today ill do it tonight i was abit busy watching this anime that just came out recently based of the manga its really amazing you gotta watch it its called "Watashi ga Motenai no wa dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!" which translates to "No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!" you gotta watch it :pearl-blush: the main character is the girl in my icon

I've looked that show up, and it looks like a great series! Plus, Kana Hanazawa's in it! She voiced Mayuri Shiina in Steins;Gate!

Quote:

I've looked that show up, and it looks like a great series! Plus, Kana Hanazawa's in it! She voiced Mayuri Shiina in Steins;Gate!

you should watch it but read it first since the anime just came out and there is only 2 episodes but you will love the manga every chapter in the manga always makes me laugh every second :keiko:

Quote:
you should watch it but read it first since the anime just came out and there is only 2 episodes but you will love the manga every chapter in the manga always makes me laugh every second :keiko:

I actually just read the first chapter. It's really good so far, and I'm sure that everyone can relate to this series at least some point in their lives. :acro:

The manga and anime is actually going to be licensed in North America! The first two volumes are already available for pre-order.

http://www.amazon.com/Matter-Look-Guys- ... 0316243167

http://www.amazon.com/Matter-Look-Guys- ... gy_b_img_y

The anime will be released in North America, sometime in 2014. But the series hasn't even finished airing in Japan yet, like you said.

Quote:

I actually just read the first chapter. It's really good so far, and I'm sure that everyone can relate to this series at least some point in their lives. :acro:

The manga and anime is actually going to be licensed in North America! The first two volumes are already available for pre-order.

http://www.amazon.com/Matter-Look-Guys- ... 0316243167

http://www.amazon.com/Matter-Look-Guys- ... gy_b_img_y

The anime will be released in North America, sometime in 2014. But the series hasn't even finished airing in Japan yet, like you said.

lol true she reminded me of me back during middle school worst year sof my life haha :keiko: . yeah my friend told me already about the volume release ill most likely get it here in my usual japanese bookstore :sparkly-maggey: . btw the anime is already out :keiko: want the link to the first episode?

Yeah, sure. I'd love to see it. Is the anime as good as the manga? I'm really enjoying it so far, and I'll probably pick up the volumes when they come out. I think this series is more popular in the U.S., than in America. Thanks for introducing me to it, though I guess we're even since I showed you Steins;Gate. I hope you'll enjoy the series! :will:

Yeah, sure. I'd love to see it. Is the anime as good as the manga? I'm really enjoying it so far, and I'll probably pick up the volumes when they come out. I think this series is more popular in the U.S., than in America. Thanks for introducing me to it, though I guess we're even since I showed you Steins;Gate. I hope you'll enjoy the series! :will:

okie here it is :hotti: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11y0kp_watamote-no-matter-how-i-look-at-it-it-s-you-guys-fault-i-m-not-popular-episode-1-since-i-m-not-popu_shortfilms#.UeXt6VP27eg i like the anime so far especially the opening i blasted that shit on my tv 100% volume :keiko: didnt realize it was famous untill my friend first introduced me to it and your welcome =] glad i got another person into this cool anime :sparkly-maggey: also i posted a thread about the anime try to get more people to view the links i posted :redd:

Well, I've read the first few chapters and watched the first episode. You can consider me a fan now. I like how they referenced the Death Note anime when she was using her computer. :godot:

I hope you'll have a chance to watch Steins;Gate!

Well, I've read the first few chapters and watched the first episode. You can consider me a fan now. I like how they referenced the Death Note anime when she was using her computer. :godot:

I hope you'll have a chance to watch Steins;Gate!

Awesome now i have someone to discuss it with me :sparkly-maggey: she makes alot more refrences in the near future i just love her personality i just wanna give her a big hug :pearl-blush:

Quote:
Awesome now i have someone to discuss it with me :sparkly-maggey: she makes alot more refrences in the near future i just love her personality i just wanna give her a big hug :pearl-blush:

Just finished episode 2. I have to wait for the next one!?

Those flash shorts at the end of each episode are hilarious!

It's actually kinda scary how close I can relate to this character. Her life is pretty much an exaggerated version of what I'm going through right now. Let me tell you something, high school isn't fun. :chinami:

The anime's a pretty good adaption of the manga. The animation is fluid, and the soundtrack is really good. I guess I'll just read the manga while I wait for the next episode. I'll probably pick up the series once it gets released here.

Quote:

Just finished episode 2. I have to wait for the next one!?

Those flash shorts at the end of each episode are hilarious!

It's actually kinda scary how close I can relate to this character. Her life is pretty much an exaggerated version of what I'm going through right now. Let me tell you something, high school isn't fun. :chinami:

The anime's a pretty good adaption of the manga. The animation is fluid, and the soundtrack is really good. I guess I'll just read the manga while I wait for the next episode. I'll probably pick up the series once it gets released here.

Haha everyone always says that she is so easliy relateable in every way to anyone like for me it was during middleschool and beginning of highschool :yogi: yeah the waiting part is the suckiest lol im like that now with my other favorite anime its called Oreimo have you ever heard of it? and i love the opening and ending theme for the anime plus i like how they captured her animated expressions so perfectly :sparkly-maggey:

Quote:
Haha everyone always says that she is so easliy relateable in every way to anyone like for me it was during middleschool and beginning of highschool :yogi: yeah the waiting part is the suckiest lol im like that now with my other favorite anime its called Oreimo have you ever heard of it? and i love the opening and ending theme for the anime plus i like how they captured her animated expressions so perfectly :sparkly-maggey:

I haven't heard of it, but this review doesn't seem that positive.
http://www.themanime.org/viewreview.php?id=1226

Quote:

I haven't heard of it, but this review doesn't seem that positive.
http://www.themanime.org/viewreview.php?id=1226

alot of people like oreimo its becomming popular here in NA thats why i dont really listen to reviewers cuz its their own opinion and only theirs plus I really love the anime which is way past the manga since it first started as a light novel you gotta check it out its really good i promise you, you just need to continue watching it and it will get even better as it progresses there is 2 seasons already so check it out you will enjoy it :hotti: want the link? :sparkly-maggey:

Quote:
alot of people like oreimo its becomming popular here in NA thats why i dont really listen to reviewers cuz its their own opinion and only theirs plus I really love the anime which is way past the manga since it first started as a light novel you gotta check it out its really good i promise you, you just need to continue watching it and it will get even better as it progresses there is 2 seasons already so check it out you will enjoy it :hotti: want the link? :sparkly-maggey:

Most reviews do have a point, though. If something is usually given bad or good reviews by critics, it's likely how they view it. There are very few times when my opinion on a film vastly differs from the majority. Man of Steel is a good example. It's no masterpiece, but it doesn't deserve all the backlash it's getting.

Sure, you can link it to me. I'll have to watch it tomorrow though, because it's pretty late where I'm at right now. :grey:

Quote:

Most reviews do have a point, though. If something is usually given bad or good reviews by critics, it's likely how they view it. There are very few times when my opinion on a film vastly differs from the majority. Man of Steel is a good example. It's no masterpiece, but it doesn't deserve all the backlash it's getting.

Sure, you can link it to me. I'll have to watch it tomorrow though, because it's pretty late where I'm at right now. :grey:

for me its just If i like it I like it end of story :keiko: and alright do you have a crunchyroll account?

Quote:
for me its just If i like it I like it end of story :keiko: and alright do you have a crunchyroll account?

Sorry, when I watch anime; I either stream it for free or torrent it. Do you have another link?

BTW, did you ever watch more of Steins;Gate?
Page 1 of 2 [ 42 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart