Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay

Page 1 of 1[ 5 posts ]

Kay cosplay *Props 8UTopic%20Title

I'm Kenny McCormick and I like to dance.

I 'unno if this would count as a spoiler since I'm actually referring to AAI-4 Kay.

Spoiler: The promise notebook; this is seriously a spoiler.
'Kay, so here's the promise notebook .:)
Here's the first page. (Sorry, my handwriting sucks. _ _|||)
Second page~
I guess you could say this was a bonus page? You're not capable of noticing it by examining the notebook, yo.

Spoiler: Outfit
When I play Turnabout Reminiscence and saw lil' Kay, I was like, "GASP She's so cute, I wanna cosplay her~"

Anime Expo's next month, I plan on going as her~

I'm a lil short for my age (or so I've been told) so I think I might make a decent lil' Kay?

I know how to do (or where to get) her top, shorts, and pink converse, but I need to know how to do the little wing in her hair and her bag.

Idea? Suggestions? Anything would be helpful, really~

Spoiler: Extra
I also wanna bring some sort of prop.

Swiss rolls, Ms. Yew's perfume, the Promise notebook, some loose change, a balloon, what?

What should I bring?

Suggestions and ideas are appreciated~

ImageImageImage

Last edited by PollyGramarye on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Kay cosplay (Suggestions appreciated~)Topic%20Title

(ace attorney gremlin mode activated)

Woah, such as great idea! As for the prop, totally bring a balloon, and maybe some loose change. It would be fairly inexpensive and would work perfectly!

For the bag, I would think that wearing a thick strapped purse incorrectly (as she does) might work. Depending on your sewing skills, you might be able to make it yourself by "frankenstining" something together or starting it from scratch (in which case, maybe use an old backpack strap?). Some very careful work with fabric paint/spray paint/etc should be able to cover up the original colors, depending on the material. The important part is to remember that it doesn't have to be functional.

As for the hair, I would say just some very good hairspray. Maybe investigate how Apollo cosplayers keep their hair up in crazy ways and then work from there.

Good luck! I don't have very much experience in cosplaying but I do have quite a bit of experience in sewing/knitting/general crafting. Make sure to post a picture when it's done!
My (not spoiler-free) Ace Attorney doodle blog

I'm Kenny McCormick and I like to dance.

Thanks for the advice! ^^ It helps a lot! And I will be sure to take a picture of the complete cosplay when I'm done. :D
ImageImageImage

(ace attorney gremlin mode activated)

Spoiler: 5-4 spoiler
Maybe bring a cravat/white cloth so you can blow your nose in it? That would be adoooorable.

My (not spoiler-free) Ace Attorney doodle blog
Re: Kay cosplay *Props 8UTopic%20Title

tastes like new reed

Here's another suggestion for the hair: Cut your hair to about the middle of your neck or to your shoulders, get a pink hair clip(the big ones that don't bend, it's like a stick of plastic with the metal things on the bottom that leaves it in your hair I'm sorry! This is best I can explain it! :Max-Cry: ) instead of a rubber band, and use hair gel to shape it.
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay