Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay

Page 1 of 1[ 17 posts ]

Klavier Cosplay QuestionsTopic%20Title

It's the war of the Eyeglasses!

Glitch I guess. I shouldn't be able to make a thread until I have 50 posts...

EDIT: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That rule is only for some areas...

So uh huh...
On topic question:
How do you keep cool (temperature wise, he's always cool in the other sense) when you cosplay as Klavier?

Last edited by JeremyGavin on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: HuhTopic%20Title

Drinks it black, the way it should be

Personally when I did Klavier I had a tough time myself. Suit coats can be very thick usually. I basically found a very thin cotton button down for his undershirt which breathed very nicely. If you can find a blazer that isn't your typical suit coat I recommend that, but if you're stuck with one then I would only wear it when asked to take a photo. Klavy looks pretty cool with a jacket thrown over one shoulder :P.
Hey, she may be a thief, and a killer, and a liar, and pretty much clinically insane... But she's still my subordinate!

Okay cool thanks!

Yeah I have a purple blazer and a womens blouse as the under-shirt.(not my idea btw. my mom was being cheap @_@)

And yes Klavier would look very very awesome with a jacket over his shoulder ^^

(ace attorney gremlin mode activated)

I think the general rule is to go for thin cotton or other plant fiber. Plant fibers do not hold heat well at all, which is fantastic in the hot summers.

Good luck - we'd love to see your Klavier when you're finished!
My (not spoiler-free) Ace Attorney doodle blog

Addikt wrote:
I think the general rule is to go for thin cotton or other plant fiber. Plant fibers do not hold heat well at all, which is fantastic in the hot summers.

Okay.

For the hair, is there any temporary blonde hair dye?

c:

JeremyGavin wrote:
Addikt wrote:

Okay.

Well, I'm not an expert on hair dyeing, but if you want to dye your hair blonde you're most likely going to have to bleach it, and bleach is always permanent. For cosplaying, I'd suggest going with wigs. You might have to spend a bit more money, but you don't have to worry about your REAL hair being stuck a color you don't want it for a long time. Trust me, I learned the hard way.

(ace attorney gremlin mode activated)

JeremyGavin wrote:
Okay.

Here's a tutorial about how to dye your hair blond for just a few days without bleach. (This is mostly if you want to just 'test out' a hair color before permanently dying your hair). Just use very, VERY blond temporary dye/wash-in wash-out dye and generally apply. The whole explanation is at the link.

Good luck again.
My (not spoiler-free) Ace Attorney doodle blog

Addikt wrote:
JeremyGavin wrote:
Okay.

Here's a tutorial about how to dye your hair blond for just a few days without bleach. (This is mostly if you want to just 'test out' a hair color before permanently dying your hair). Just use very, VERY blond temporary dye/wash-in wash-out dye and generally apply. The whole explanation is at the link.

Good luck again.

Yeah I've read that. My hair is between black and brown were as Klavier's hair is really light. So I wanted something to get that color. Which I couldn't get with the temporary dye according to the article. Sorry for not saying that earlier. :payne:

Robo-Aly

JeremyGavin wrote:
Addikt wrote:
JeremyGavin wrote:
Okay.

Good luck again.

Yeah I've read that. My hair is between black and brown were as Klavier's hair is really light. So I wanted something to get that color. Which I couldn't get with the temporary dye according to the article. Sorry for not saying that earlier. :payne:

You can't temporarily dye dark hair blonde. It just won't work. Sorry, but you'll have to get a wig. It will be more convenient, anyway.

Akane wrote:
You can't temporarily dye dark hair blonde. It just won't work. Sorry, but you'll have to get a wig. It will be more convenient, anyway.

Yeah. That's what I thought. Thank you guys :kyouya:

Robo-Aly

Also, since you're new, I'll give you some handy advice. Make your topic titles descriptive. Something like, "Huh" doesn't give people an idea of what it's about, and as a result, people might skip over the thread; you could miss out on some helpful advice or discussion. Even if it's simple, such as, "Help with Klavier cosplay." :)

Akane wrote:
Also, since you're new, I'll give you some handy advice. Make your topic titles descriptive. Something like, "Huh" doesn't give people an idea of what it's about, and as a result, people might skip over the thread; you could miss out on some helpful advice or discussion. Even if it's simple, such as, "Help with Klavier cosplay." :)

Yeah I don't know how to re-title. I named the thread because I thought it was a glitch that I could make a thread, since I didn't have 50 posts at the time. Then I read the rules more closely :sillytrucy:

Sorry for Double posting, but how would you go about styling a wig? Will it react the same to gels, spray etc.?
Re: Klavier Cosplay QuestionsTopic%20Title

Drinks it black, the way it should be

This was the toughest time I had. If its a synthetic wig, then GOOD LUCK. Gel and spray will be good enough for the bangs , but the braid... oy the braid... Basically all you can do there is either put it into an actual braid so it will stay in place (which if you look at the game artwork it isn't an actual braid, but just the hair wrapped) or if you want to try for the realism then take the hair and just wrap it around into as tight a roll as you can, put a clear rubber band at the top, and spray the rest with like 6 gallons of hairspray. If anyone else can give better advice please do so, but the best advice i could give would be to get a real hair wig... if you have a couple extra hundred dollars.
Hey, she may be a thief, and a killer, and a liar, and pretty much clinically insane... But she's still my subordinate!

I use Got2b freeze hair glue spray and spiking glue(which you can get at pharmacies like CVS or walgreens) on my synthetic wigs and on my own hair. Amazing stuff <3 I heard gels don't work well in wigs.

There was a thread here that asked for wig advice http://forums.court-records.net/cosplay/klavier-gavin-cosplay-need-wig-and-pendent-advice-t17317.html and in the first post, there is a link that has a COSMODE tutorial on how to make drill hair. Its in japanese and the pictures sorta help. ^^ (though I didn't use this tutorial since I can't tell what products they used, and I can't do french braids sadly.)

I made my Klavier hair drill by twisting and spraying it. It takes awhile to do and remember to use lots and lots of hair glue spray. :3

What also helped me is that I wore the wig when I styled it. After I styled it, I let it dry abit (a cool air setting hairdryer really speeds things up, or a fan X3 ) , took it off and carefully left the wig on a table to fully dry. Doing it on a styrofoam wig head was a bit difficult, but it can be done if you don't want to style it on your head. :3

Thanks guys. The wig is synthetic. The shop we bought it from told us to use moose and spiking glue for the bangs, and then to put a small tube and shape the hair around it. Adding layers of styling products and drying it. Will this work? Oh and thanks for the Cosmode tutorial ^^

I've never had a problem with that gaping collar XD It helps.
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay