Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay

Page 1 of 1[ 3 posts ]

Some help with a maya cosplay?Topic%20Title

USODA! = Rena Objects!

I want to be Maya in her maid outfit for colossalcon next year. I already have the dress, ect done, but I'm having a HUGE problem with trying to figure out what to use as those... Weird... Hair ball things she has in her hair. I was thinking styrofoam craft balls, but all of them that I'm finding are way too big. Anyone have any suggestions?
Re: Some help with a maya cosplay?Topic%20Title

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

PhearTheNinja wrote:
I want to be Maya in her maid outfit for colossalcon next year. I already have the dress, ect done, but I'm having a HUGE problem with trying to figure out what to use as those... Weird... Hair ball things she has in her hair. I was thinking styrofoam craft balls, but all of them that I'm finding are way too big. Anyone have any suggestions?

I tell you how I did it:

Styrofoam balls from the textil-store. They should have the right size. Mine did have the right size at very least. Make a hole into each, pain them with purple acrylic color and laque (or just purple laque right away). And then - and here comes the most important part - take two rubber rings (like those you use to close plastic bags for storing food) and warp them around each other the two hairbangs. Then push the styrofoam balls above them. The holes must not be too large in order for this to work. They should stick where you need them this way.

Have fun as Maya! :maya:

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?
Re: Some help with a maya cosplay?Topic%20Title

Just a guy

If you can't find styrofoam balls in the right size, get some ping pong balls! They're the perfect size. Just spraypaint them purple and drill small holes on the top and bottom. They're a bit of a pain, since they're hollow inside, but if you lick the ends of the front locks, you can thread them through. I got them where they needed to be and used black hair ties and a bit of hot glue to keep them there. That worked for me! :maya:
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay