Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay

Page 1 of 2[ 41 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Decrease in number of Ace Attorney Cosplayers nowadays?Topic%20Title

I went to Anime Expo up north in Los Angeles this July, and I only found a few Ace Attorney Cosplayers. There wasn't even a gathering for that series. What's going on with Ace Attorney and it's popularity? Somehow, I get the feeling that the number of Ace Attorney Cosplayers seen at Anime Conventions is decreasing as each year goes on with no new Ace Attorney games. Anybody else feel the same way?
Re: Decrease in number of Ace Attorney Cosplayers nowadays?Topic%20Title

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I saw quite a few when I went to A-Kon back in June. In fact, one of the first cosplayers I saw was an Edgeworth coming out of the girl's bathroom.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
I saw quite a few when I went to A-Kon back in June. In fact, one of the first cosplayers I saw was an Edgeworth coming out of the girl's bathroom.

Oh Edgeworth you naughty naughty man.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Zomg it's Berend

Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Oh Edgeworth you naughty naughty man.

Somehow I don't think that was exactly dullahan1's point, but whatever XD

Ugh. Lawyers.

^lol

I don't think so? I wish there were MORE, but I don't think there's been a loss of cosplayers. Anime Boston the past year there was a good chunk of them wandering around. :o
Courtroom Romance Afficianado || Talk to me about your fav rarepairs
Apollo Justice Deserves Better
Next Turnabout Boston meetup ---> n/a
Next Cons for 2016:
NYCC
AAC
Katsucon [??]
Anime Boston

I went to Anime Mid Atlantic in 2010, and I only saw two people cosplaying from AA (They were Phoenix and Maya). That was it, really.

smile

It breaks my heart to look up cosplay costumes online for sale and you can never find any because of low interest or other reasons. I've wanted to cosplay but I haven't had the time nor money. And the threads here or more "How to make a _____ cosplay" instead of a gallery. It truly makes me sad. :payne:
ImageImage
the sig was made by PandaPrinzessin
Bellossom avatar made by me
Husband: Marche Tobaye

earthlings on fire

At the last anime convention I went to, I only saw two AA cosplayers, Franziska and Maya.

:(
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

call me crazy

Well I think it goes for any series - there hasn't been a new game in a while in the West so there hasn't been the spike that triggers the masses again I suppose. :> We are competing with a million other anime/video game interests, let's not forget that~

Plus Ace Attorney I would say does fit the bill of having the "difficult outfits". Like the attorneys like Edgey and Nick may seem like they have pretty normal suits, but they are pretty vibrant colors and I wouldn't be surprised if most people did have to make those suits on their own. Every character is pretty eccentric~

Maybe I would say the most "normal" outfit would be Gumshoe's, but he's the type of character people would cosplay based on their body build. And not too many girls would be willing to crossdress him tbh. :sadshoe:

The Flushiest

+1 to the number cause for halloween this year:

I live in a huge freaking neighborhood. Me and my friends are going as Ace Attorney characters.

Me= Edgeworth
My friend thats a girl= Fransizka
My other friend= Gumshoe

Were going to torment the neighborhood with law. If a person is not handing out candy and is handing out heathy stuff like juice We will go:
"OBJECTION! This is halloween your suppose to have candy!"
"OBJECTION! There's not a law going against so, and after all it hasnt been completely comfirmed. *Whips*"

I really can't wait its going to be super fun.
“hey baby, that’s a lot of pepsi you got there.”

"Check out my art page"

[url]
[url]http://www.furaffinity.net/user/davincimedici/[/url]

The only ones I saw at AX were Ema (APAA), Trucy, Edgeworth, Franziska, Hobo Wright, Godot, Mia, Maya, and Wright. I even Cosplayed as Godot on day three when I went there. Not alot in My book, I'd say.

Livin' joke.

I plan on cosplaying as Gregory Edgeworth (I look exactly like him, just younger) soon. Although, there are no cons here where I live (and most likely won't have for a long time), so, I can't show it off...

Well, at least I can take some photos and show it to you guys! ^w^
My Court Records Family?

My Court Records brother is Apollo72 , and my dear mother and father are yuzikichan0 and Inquisitor Amakiir !

Thanks for the banner, Polly!

Ugh. Lawyers.

sparkleranger78 wrote:
It breaks my heart to look up cosplay costumes online for sale and you can never find any because of low interest or other reasons. I've wanted to cosplay but I haven't had the time nor money. And the threads here or more "How to make a _____ cosplay" instead of a gallery. It truly makes me sad. :payne:

:udgy:
Wow...I never noticed that before! It is all "How To" threads. That should change! Although I do love how helpful the fandom is to it's fans~

@Royal Flush: That sounds like it'll be a lotta fun! =D
Next Cons for 2016:
NYCC
AAC
Katsucon [??]
Anime Boston

Je voudrais une anana, s'il vous plait.

I'm wondering if girls cosplay more than guys. I don't really know? Any opinions?
"Dilon mein tum apne betabiyaan leke chal rahe ho, toh zinda ho tum..."
"If you carry impatience in your heart, you are alive..."

True... I have seen more girls than boys in Cosplay.

Godot ArmandoII wrote:
True... I have seen more girls than boys in Cosplay.

THEN WE SHOULD CHANGE THAT! ALL GUYS, GET DRESSED UP AND PARTAYYYY :gant-jazz:

Gettin' Old!

sparkleranger78 wrote:

Well y'know if everyone had your attitude to just look online for a costume it's not surprising.

Need to bust out the needle and thread, someone has to make those costumes to sell.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

yet another Edgeworth fangirl...

On Saturday at Kumoricon, I was in my Edgeworth costume (forgot my cravat at home so I had to improvise with a piece of lined paper and my badge) and I barely saw any AA cosplayers there. There was one other Edgey (in a better suit and a cool cravat), Polly and Hobohodo, Emma Skye, Feenie, Godot, Klavier, and a Gumshoe that didn't really look that much like Gumshoe.
But surprisingly, a lot more people asked for my picture and noticed me that day than the next day when I was wearing something much more mainstream! (Jigglypuff during the day, white mage during the rave)
So basically, don't give up hope, guys. There's still a bajillion hidden fans so get out to that thrift store/fabric store and make those costumes happen!
^@^
<(o_o)>
U-U

I'm just here for the Butterbeer.

Godot ArmandoII wrote:
I went to Anime Expo up north in Los Angeles this July, and I only found a few Ace Attorney Cosplayers. There wasn't even a gathering for that series. What's going on with Ace Attorney and it's popularity? Somehow, I get the feeling that the number of Ace Attorney Cosplayers seen at Anime Conventions is decreasing as each year goes on with no new Ace Attorney games. Anybody else feel the same way?

Yeah, I've noticed the same (at least at AX, the only convention I go to). Two years ago, I went as Ema Skye and there was a huuuge gathering. A year later, my friend cosplayed Cody Hackins and the gathering was... no more than 20 people, I believe. for 2011, I didn't even get around to seeing the gathering, but I didn't observe that many PW cosplayers.
Like everyone said, though, with no new games besides AAI, the series has started to shift to the back of peoples' minds. Still, just wait till the crossover game with Layton comes out; I'm sure the popularity will shoot back up~

Deception&&contradiction

Keeping the Love alive in Singapore.

Working on a Steel Samurai trilogy performances with Gyakuten Kenji Characters.

And I know a head of Ace Attorney cosplay group..so it's still thriving here.

Mechashadow wrote:
Keeping the Love alive in Singapore.

Working on a Steel Samurai trilogy performances with Gyakuten Kenji Characters.

And I know a head of Ace Attorney cosplay group..so it's still thriving here.

YEAH! WAY TO REP SINGAPORE!!! :D Haha, sorry, I'm half Singaporean. My mom's from there. Anyways, good to know the homeland is keeping the Ace Attorney name alive :)

I just hope there's a Cosplay gathering for Ace Attorney at next year's AX. It'll be more likely if the Prof. Layton/Ace Attorney crossover comes out before then.

Well... pretty sure with all the AA news as of late, and a "revived" fandom, we're going to see more Ace Attorney cosplays the next years. :edgy:
(Also, I saw a Phoenix and a Maya at last year's Desucon(Norwegian convention) )

Either way, planning to be Apollo next year some time(or possibly by the end of 2011), and a friend is going as Edgeworth.

Last edited by Zanreo on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I saw a few last year at sakura con. but there were a lot I didn't see. Like there was a diego at con last year. This year i'll be joining them as Edgey :edgy:

Oh, and there was a Franziska at 2011 Metrocon(not the American one, but a smaller con in Norway), and a Feenie at Soracon (didn't go there myself, but I saw pictures)

Komikero

Even with the argument of a "revived fandom", I'd say we AA fans are a pretty small demographic to begin with. So regardless of the fact that all this new AA-related news is popping up, that doesn't necessarily mean everybody's jumping for joy. Don't forget, a lot of people who play AA are still casual gamers, so they may not be hardcore enough to consider cosplay. And besides, people shift interests over time. Like this one person I know who's downright FAMOUS for his Godot cosplay; he retired that costume a couple of years ago and nowadays he hardly even attends conventions, if I remember correctly.

Where I live, the last time I saw an Ace Attorney cosplayer was in 2008 (Trucy). Cosplay is a pretty big thing here, and even then the number of AA cosplayers is still small. So yeah. There could be a number of reasons for this, but it's most likely the shifting interests thing that I mentioned.

I'm a professional comic artist and illustrator. Click on the above logo to visit my official website.

I'll ship who I want to :D

Otakon 2011 didn't have anywhere near as many AA cosplayers as it had the years prior. There was still a nice group, but NOTHING compared to two, three+ years ago.

Maybe this year I need to get my husband to break out the Jean Armstrong, and I'll go as Marie Miwa, lol

At least you see some AA cosplayers, here, even a person who knows Phoenix Wright is pretty rare.

I am considering dress as Phoenix Wright or Klavier Gavin when i have courage of spend my money into this. Then everybody will come and say "hey, who are the person you're cosplaying?" and i will answer, hook my entire school into the series and have much people to discuss pairing, it's a trap lol :gant:

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

This one popped up on the front page of DA when I visited it just now (only thread I could find to post it):
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Maya-ID-461805521

A quick search turned up about a couple dozen new ones on DA in the last month or so, but It has slowed down. I remember when you could find dozens of AA costumes on Ebay. Not the case now.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Glad to see this topic brought up. There has been a severe lack of cosplayers compared to the conventions I had first attended, however, this year at A-Kon, I saw a really good number this year, many more than I have seen in previous years. I got to see a Godot, Trucy, Kay, a couple of Hobo Nicks, Regular Nick and Edgeworth, College Age Nick and Gumshoe. Many more than I've seen over the past few years. I'm guessing the release of Dual Destinies has sparked some reinterest in cosplaying Ace Attorney, which I'm always glad to see. I just wish they'd stop with the huge influx of Deadpools at these things, they're always so many!
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Wipper of Foolish Fools

When I went to Ohayocon, there was a gathering of Ace Attorney cosplayers. There were at least 30 of us. It was awesome to see that many people there, and so much variety too. :franny: :larry: :pearl:

Gettin' Old!

I went to Auchinawa in Glasgow last year and saw a few. Was a Maya going around but there was a trio of people who came as Athena, Mia and Aura (complete with a Clonco).

I also went as Fulbright.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Can I hear an "Objection!"?

Was at Anime Expo in LA a couple days ago, and I saw a good number of AA cosplayers. A couple Phoenixes, one with a Mia, and Trucy, and a Gumshoe. There were also plenty of Laytons. Apparently there was a gathering, but I missed it because I was still learning the layout of that place. It was pretty huge and rather confusing.

I was sporting my Phoenix Hobo beanie, but didn't go in full cosplay.
Mr. Edgeworth, do you realize if we played by the rules, we'd be in court right now?

(My father spent three years restoring this car...)

Objection!

I went to Anime North about a year ago, and was dressed up as Ema Skye.

I saw 3 Phoenixes, a Trucy, and a Miles Edgeworth.

I don't know if they're dying out, but they still are around.
Huh!? Hey! You can't just go saying "pal" like that! That's MY endearing character trait!- Dick Gumshoe

El Psy Congroo

I'm a cosplayer in the UK and at many conventions I'm the only Ace Attorney cosplayer.
At Telford MCM I was the only one as Franziska, at Liverpool MCM I saw a Phoenix and a Young!Klavier and at Birmingham MCM I was again the only one as Edgeworth - however I am hoping we have more at Manchester Anime and Gaming con as it's on the same day as the Ace Attorney anime is released! We DID however have quite a big group at Birmingham MCM last November as a good friend of mine (who cosplays as Gumshoe, Maggey, Lamrior, Dee Vasquez and Ini Miney) had organised a meetup :)

It was pretty sad as she was Maggey that day and somebody asked to take a picture of the Ace Attorney cosplayers and then said to her "Oh I'm sorry I just wanted Ace Attorney". We all felt like facepalming into the abyss.

earthlings on fire

I only got into the anime/cosplay scene in about 2011 so I can't speak for what it was before that, but since then, I've personally noticed more people. In fact, I was watching CBC news the other day and they were at Toronto's ComiCon. They were interviewing some boring Elsas but in the background I saw a Phoenix Wright wandering around! It was awesome.

I cosplayed as Ema Skye three years ago and people knew who I was in general. I think the reissuing of the original trilogy on the 3DS has increased awareness about the game, so I'd expect the number of AA cosplayers to be increasing.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Ugh. Lawyers.

oh! I'm so glad this topic was revived! :gant:

Personally, it depends on the con you're going to! A small con I went to in October [AAC] had about 10 Ace Attorney cosplayers all weekend, maybe? But in comparison to the cons size & such, it was a large number for what it normally was!

Anime Boston just passed this weekend, and we had a good number on cosplayers for the Friday shoot! The Saturday shoot there were less, which was interesting, but there were still more than I thought in general! There were even a few AA6 Mayas! :maya:

I know in my area/con circuit there are core groups of AA cosplayers around, so those are normally the people I expect to see cosplaying AA a some point during a con. And I'm content with that! So when there are more I am pleasantly surprised and am always so glad to see!

I think the anime may draw in some more cosplayers, and boy will that be interesting! Then on top of that is the new game! I think the new game will more revive those who have been involved with AA fandom in the past, so they'll hopefully bust out their old AA costumes and maybe make some more.
I'm looking forward to seeing more AA cosplay in the future!
Next Cons for 2016:
NYCC
AAC
Katsucon [??]
Anime Boston

Well, I'll be cosplaying Matt Engarde in next week so I'll help represent!
I think it's just a case of anything, wrong place wrong time. It'll never beat out stuff like vocaloids but it's 100% not dead or even decreasing imo. I'll let you know if I run into other AA cosplays. (I know a friend who is blackquill so there's one already!)

Ready for action!

I'll be cosplaying Apollo at a con in June. Really nervous about it considering I'm not sure if it'll go over well.

Lhancat wrote:
I'll be cosplaying Apollo at a con in June. Really nervous about it considering I'm not sure if it'll go over well.

You should. If you need any help you can always ask here or on multiple cosplay websites. They're always helpful :maya:
Page 1 of 2 [ 41 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay