Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay

Page 1 of 2[ 61 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Felt like crossplaying sometimes?Topic%20Title

Maplestory Fan, and Mario Fan. :)

Well, on the internet, i've seen people cosplaying phoenix wright as a girl and some as Miles Edgeworth, etc. well, i'm a guy, and i'm thinking of someone to cosplay, at first, i thought about cosplaying Pearl Fey, but i then thought that was a BAD idea. So now i'm thinking about doing Miles Edgeworth. Felt the same thoughts? post it! :jake:
Credit goes to Auraion for the sprite in my avi.

My Online Game usernames e.t.c. :edgy:

Maplestory: CBoyRed (server: scania)

That's basicly it. this will be updated from time to time. :phoenix:

Last edited by MapleMario on Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Felt like cosplaying a character that isn't your gender?Topic%20Title

No Comment
~~~Cassandra~~~ but you can call me Cassie!

Last edited by Clam on Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Professional Alvin Lover

xDDDD Yeah. I crossplay guys all the time. I have more fun crossplaying them then cosplaying my actual gender.

I'm Kenny McCormick and I like to dance.

Since I'm short, I've considered cosplaying as Cody Hackins. xD He's a cute kid though. I actually planned on cosplaying as him.

Spoiler:
Then I saw lil' Kay, and I was like "ASDFGHJKL; SO CUTE. I have to cosplay this. :)"

I've only crossplayed once, as Len Kagamine. :)
ImageImageImage

Strawberry Wine is a very epic thing.

I've crossplayed as Phoenix before. It's been my only crossplay so far but I think I looked ok :D I've seen a few guys as girls though. Sometimes they had the bad idea and yeah, scarred most people's minds along the way >_<

I like chocolate milk. 8D

Avatar and sig made by the awesome Vicki, and Robyn sprite in avatar made by Sammy.
Thankyou!! <333

Seaking, f-yeah

Crossplay is awesome. In fact, I only cosplayed a girl once. (1 Girl, 2 guys, one Pokemon this Sunday).
I think the only other planned cosplay that is a girl is Wendy O Koopa from Super Mario World.

I saw go for Pearl if you think you can pull her off. Cosplay is meant to be fun. And hey, you're a guy right? So that means you don't have to go through the trouble of binding to make your chest flat because, hey, Pearl is 9. :pearl:

Yea that's true. To make things easier, i'm 11. :D (see profile) So i might crossplay pearls because she's so cute.

Seaking, f-yeah

An 11 year old who plays Phoenix Wright?
You are on the road to success, kid. xD

But yeah. You're 11. that's perfect. Now you have to be Pearls and show me when you're done. I'd love to see it!

earthlings on fire

I've always wanted my best friend to crossplay as Kristoph, because she looks a lot like him. But she doesn't like Ace Attorney...

:payne:
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Zouziias wrote:
An 11 year old who plays Phoenix Wright?
You are on the road to success, kid. xD

But yeah. You're 11. that's perfect. Now you have to be Pearls and show me when you're done. I'd love to see it!

Well, yeah, I have 2 choices, Young miles or pearl. I'm thinking about it.

Re: Felt like crossplaying sometimes?Topic%20Title

earthlings on fire

You're 11? Wow, you must be smart to be able to play Ace Attorney. You will do well in life :godot:
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

You just can't handle the Butz!

You could do both :D I say go for Pearl. I went for Larry and Gant and I have had so much fun crossplaying both of them. Who cares what anyone else says. As long as you're happy that's all that counts.
Planned:
Larry Butz, Retired 2010
Damon Gant, Retired 2010
Cammy Melee, YCon 2010 (55% Complete)

c:

I say go for Pearl! It would be really cute. Plus, there aren't enough guy crossplayers. I think a lot of the time they're generalized as being creepy and gross, but they can look really good if it's done right. And at your age, it should be easy to pull it off ^_^

Last edited by Franziska's Whip on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Midnight Lurker

OH MAH GAWD, GO FOR PEARLS!!! That would be so adorable, and from the sound of it, you're the perfect person to pull it off. Lil' Edgey would be cute too but... I still say Pearls would be better. =D

BTW, guy crossplayers are only creepy and gross if they're older and wear a short skirt/dress and don't shave/wax their legs. So, if you plan on doing a Pearls cosplay, please wear shorts underneath. I don't think you'll need to shave your legs though, since at 11, you shouldn't have THAT much hair. XD

Well, i'm also thinking about going to a-kon, so for the next a-kon, i'm going as li'l miles. thanks for the suggestions guys. however, the skirt on pearls concerns me. :payne: so yea, i'll wear shorts under that skirt if i do crossplay pearl. :yuusaku:

Bro, I don't know about you, but... to me, crossplay seems... embarrassing. I'd be more like :payne: than :bellboy: if I did that. Besides, I'm 14 (look at my profile), and if I crossplayed, people would see my hairy legs. And, yeah, my legs aren't THAT hairy, but, nobody likes hairy-legged girls! I'm more of a cosplayer than a crossplayer anyway. Since I'm male and have copper skin, I would be better as :godot: , :acro: , :javado: , or :zenitora: than a copper-skinned female character in the Ace Attorney series! Sheesh! Besides, nobody likes a crossplay gone wrong.

The Midnight Lurker

Godot ArmandoII wrote:
Bro, I don't know about you, but... to me, crossplay seems... embarrassing. I'd be more like :payne: than :bellboy: if I did that. Besides, I'm 14 (look at my profile), and if I crossplayed, people would see my hairy legs. And, yeah, my legs aren't THAT hairy, but, nobody likes hairy-legged girls! I'm more of a cosplayer than a crossplayer anyway. Since I'm male and have copper skin, I would be better as :godot: , :acro: , :javado: , or :zenitora: than a copper-skinned female character in the Ace Attorney series! Sheesh! Besides, nobody likes a crossplay gone wrong.

Yeah, but everyone likes hairy-legged transsexual shemales.

No wait...

And crossplaying isn't so bad, even when it's horrible. My little sisters want all three of us to dress up as the Elite Beat Agents. They already claimed Agent J and the red afro guy. All that's left for me is the guy with the beard, hat, and glasses. Please note that I said BEARD. I'd still be willing to go for it anyways. XD

Wannabe Ace Attorney

Miles Edgeworth will be my first crossplay. I just need a wig. Ugh, why must wigs be so expensive... >_>

Personally, I think it would be fun to crossplay - although my mom was somewhat taken aback when I showed her Miles' profile and clothes. She was all, "You're cosplaying...a guy?!"

Mom prefers dressing me in anime schoolgirl uniforms and miniskirts, okay? XDDDDD It all started one day when I borrowed my friend's Suzumiya Haruhi costume...

c:

Auste wrote:
Miles Edgeworth will be my first crossplay. I just need a wig. Ugh, why must wigs be so expensive... >_>

Personally, I think it would be fun to crossplay - although my mom was somewhat taken aback when I showed her Miles' profile and clothes. She was all, "You're cosplaying...a guy?!"

Mom prefers dressing me in anime schoolgirl uniforms and miniskirts, okay? XDDDDD It all started one day when I borrowed my friend's Suzumiya Haruhi costume...

I'm crossplaying for a convention this year and when I showed my dad the picture of the guy, he was just like, "Well then the wig you want will work perfectly! Let's get it!" xD It's funny because the way he looks you would think he'd be one of those people who thinks cos/crossplayers are totally freaks but he's actually really cool about it. I think as long as I pay for it and I'm not dressed really skimpily (which I wouldn't want to do anyways) he doesn't mind.

Pure Imagination!

I say go for Pearly!
She's super cute :D

Am I Wright. Yea I'm Wright

I don't think anyone should be barred from cosplaying a character just because of gender, or race, or whatever else
If you can do it, then go for it

I thought about cosplaying Hobo Phoenix for next year's Anime St. Louis if my plans for Link Wolf fell through (which they probably will)

And I'm pretty much the opposite of him

あふれるその涙を

Godot ArmandoII wrote:
Besides, nobody likes a crossplay gone wrong.

I do!

Spoiler: I could fap to this aaaallll day mmmmm

Clamerdin wrote:
I HAVE heard of girls as guys, but never guys as girls.

It's usually a bit of a disaster when men crossplay as hot chicks, e.g. the infamous Manfaye:

Spoiler: Also highly fap-worthy

But androgynous Asian boys can pull off female characters very well. I've seen a lot where I've gone 'THAT IS NOT A MAN. IT'S TOO PRETTY TO BE A MAN.' and then I felt inferior.

Spoiler: Yes this is a boy

In fact if you're androgynous enough, you can be convincingly female or male. It all comes down to if you have the right look and good makeup/lighting.

Spoiler: These are all girls

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn?
But that's alright because I like the way it hurts

RIP Tobi Wong

You just got Rick Rolled!

I wish I could be Rick Astley. Thats my dream. For Ace Attorney I would want to cosplay as April May. :hotti:
Image ImageYou Lost the Game.

No Comment

Last edited by Clam on Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steel Samourai's Fan

I wouldn't mind crossplaying, but I can't... I'm just too curvy to make a realistic crossplay... Damn, it's already hard enough to find girls that I can cosplay...
Godot and his coffee cup, an eternal love!

あふれるその涙を

Persian wrote:
I wouldn't mind crossplaying, but I can't... I'm just too curvy to make a realistic crossplay... Damn, it's already hard enough to find girls that I can cosplay...

You can crossplay as Jean? *_______*
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn?
But that's alright because I like the way it hurts

RIP Tobi Wong

Wannabe Ace Attorney

Franziska's Whip wrote:
Auste wrote:

I'm crossplaying for a convention this year and when I showed my dad the picture of the guy, he was just like, "Well then the wig you want will work perfectly! Let's get it!" xD It's funny because the way he looks you would think he'd be one of those people who thinks cos/crossplayers are totally freaks but he's actually really cool about it. I think as long as I pay for it and I'm not dressed really skimpily (which I wouldn't want to do anyways) he doesn't mind.

My parents also sometimes poke fun at my love for cosplay, and sometimes at cons my dad would point out cosplayers and go, "Hey, it's more of YOUR KIND!"

I think they'd freak too if I chose a skimpy cosplay; I remember dressing as Tohsaka Rin from Fate/stay night, and though her outfit wasn't revealing, her skirt was pretty high up. So when my mom got a seamstress, she even requested lengthening the skirt a bit more. It's not very noticeable unless you're hooked on FSN and you're close to me.

At least the guys I want to crossplay are quite...covered. My mom's next complaint about Miles' suit was that it would be too hot. Layers, anyone? Plus cravat? Mental note to self: Go to an airconditioned con when cosplaying Miles.

Good luck with your crossplay though! Who are you going as?

one leggo short of human

I only ever crossplay. There are few anime women I like to enough to cosplay and the ones whom I do like all have costumes I wouldn't be caught dead with.

Where I live I'm 'con famous' for Renji and Kanda. I've cosplayed Edgeworth too.

c:

Auste wrote:
My parents also sometimes poke fun at my love for cosplay, and sometimes at cons my dad would point out cosplayers and go, "Hey, it's more of YOUR KIND!"

I think they'd freak too if I chose a skimpy cosplay; I remember dressing as Tohsaka Rin from Fate/stay night, and though her outfit wasn't revealing, her skirt was pretty high up. So when my mom got a seamstress, she even requested lengthening the skirt a bit more. It's not very noticeable unless you're hooked on FSN and you're close to me.

At least the guys I want to crossplay are quite...covered. My mom's next complaint about Miles' suit was that it would be too hot. Layers, anyone? Plus cravat? Mental note to self: Go to an airconditioned con when cosplaying Miles.

Good luck with your crossplay though! Who are you going as?

Haha, you should've seen my dad at Anime Weekend Atlanta last year, he was quite fascinated.

Yeah, I think what it is is that cons usually have a LOT of people at them, so the idea of their daughter at a place like that in a revealing outfit is a bit scary. Of course, the chances of something really serious happening are slim, but it's still understandable why a parent would be nervous. I don't have any desire whatsoever to dress in those kind of costumes, though, so my dad won't need to worry about that.

And I agree, cons can get pretty hot. Even with AC it can get pretty unpleasant. You could always take off your jacket if it gets too uncomfortable and try and look sexy. xD

I'll be Derek Stiles at the next AWA. It's pretty simple, so it should turn out well ^_^

Wannabe Ace Attorney

Franziska's Whip wrote:
Haha, you should've seen my dad at Anime Weekend Atlanta last year, he was quite fascinated.

Yeah, I think what it is is that cons usually have a LOT of people at them, so the idea of their daughter at a place like that in a revealing outfit is a bit scary. Of course, the chances of something really serious happening are slim, but it's still understandable why a parent would be nervous. I don't have any desire whatsoever to dress in those kind of costumes, though, so my dad won't need to worry about that.

And I agree, cons can get pretty hot. Even with AC it can get pretty unpleasant. You could always take off your jacket if it gets too uncomfortable and try and look sexy. xD

I'll be Derek Stiles at the next AWA. It's pretty simple, so it should turn out well ^_^

My dad is usually more fascinated by Star Wars and comic book cosplays. =3

I agree. I think the most revealing part about some of the characters I want to cosplay would be their miniskirts. And my mom can just request a little extra length when she's uncomfortable.

...I'll practice looking sexy with that jacket first so I can rock the look. XDDDD That's why a lot of cosplayers choose to just hang outside and have their photo shoots there so they can beat the heat and the crowds.

I think you'll do great! I don't even know what to do for the next con in my country; these days I'm just lurking as a normal con-goer. The moment I get my hands on a wig (yup, it's always the wig), I'll ruffle up the con. :edgy:

c:

Auste wrote:
My dad is usually more fascinated by Star Wars and comic book cosplays. =3

I agree. I think the most revealing part about some of the characters I want to cosplay would be their miniskirts. And my mom can just request a little extra length when she's uncomfortable.

...I'll practice looking sexy with that jacket first so I can rock the look. XDDDD That's why a lot of cosplayers choose to just hang outside and have their photo shoots there so they can beat the heat and the crowds.

I think you'll do great! I don't even know what to do for the next con in my country; these days I'm just lurking as a normal con-goer. The moment I get my hands on a wig (yup, it's always the wig), I'll ruffle up the con. :edgy:

Haha, my dad was kinda just like "Okay then..." Afterwards he told me he actually thought it was pretty cool, though.

I'm pretty shy towards people I don't know IRL, so I'm not very good at handling situations like that. I'm a good two, three years younger than I look, so...yeah. Even in a modest cosplay I do not want to go to a con alone because I'd be nervous. Plus I find cons are better when going with other people anyways C:

Heh, you need to post pictures of your sexiness here when you end up taking them. I'm sure everyone'll enjoy them. xD

I just got my wig yesterday, so yay! I'm trying to make the ID card thing on his coat but I can't find the logo for it anywhere...grrr. I really don't want to use the logo from the first game. (I'm kind of nitpicky xD)

Steel Samourai's Fan

hoshihoshi wrote:
Persian wrote:

You can crossplay as Jean? *_______*

Huuu... Could be fun... But... I'm not sure if it would be crossplay since I'm still not sure of what gender Jean Amstrong is... :flowsers:

Now that I'm thinking of it... I could crossplay as Chouji Akimichi!!! I LOVE that guy!!! :will:
Godot and his coffee cup, an eternal love!

It's the war of the Eyeglasses!

hoshihoshi wrote:
But androgynous Asian boys can pull off female characters very well. I've seen a lot where I've gone 'THAT IS NOT A MAN. IT'S TOO PRETTY TO BE A MAN.' and then I felt inferior.

I had something opposite to that. I was Apollo at Otakon and everyone thought I was a girl. :eh?:

Very weird to say the least.

So if you do choose Pearl, then you probably shouldn't have problems unless you have a really deep voice.

No Comment

Last edited by Clam on Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's the war of the Eyeglasses!

Please don't be to harsh. It was my first try :meekins:
Spoiler:

No Comment

Last edited by Clam on Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

I can see you, from here!

Clamerdin wrote:
I like :pearl: she is cute, but please be Cody or someone like that MapleMario.

Well, you don't know. Maybe he can pull off being feminine. It's not like we really know how he looks. Besides, at least he wants to crossplay as something that would most likely be fitting, age-range wise.

No Comment

Last edited by Clam on Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

I can see you, from here!

Clamerdin wrote:
OriginalBubs wrote:
Clamerdin wrote:
I like :pearl: she is cute, but please be Cody or someone like that MapleMario.

Well, you don't know. Maybe he can pull off being feminine. It's not like we really know how he looks. Besides, at least he wants to crossplay as something that would most likely be fitting, age-range wise.
Well Cody is the same age as Pearls.

Your point being? It's frankly his own choice, I'm just saying, judging from his age, I think he can pull either off.
Sheesh...Topic%20Title

No Comment

Last edited by Clam on Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Page 1 of 2 [ 61 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay