Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

Styling a Ron Delite wig...Topic%20Title

Hi.

Yeah, I figure it's going to be a pain...
And I have no idea on how to go about doing it.
I just got a wig from a Halloween store, so it's not very high quality but...
How could I get it to stay all cinnamon bun-ish?
And how would I get it to get like that in the first place?
Re: Styling a Ron Delite wig...Topic%20Title

now with more faceplant!

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but a party-store wig won't have enough fiber for that. The best I could suggest is to do some foam core and caulk the hair you do have against it. Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck :/ I'm doing that wig for myself eventually and not looking forward to it. It's going to take a lot of wefting to get thick enough for the buns. Stupid Ron hair :yuusaku:

Is this your first wig or have you done any others before? I can let you know what my plans are, but it's a little on the advanced side and I can't really recommend it for anyone who hasn't at very least Aquanet-ed a couple different styles.

You just can't handle the Butz!

lol If it's just for a Halloween costume I wouldn't worry to much about the wig. However if you do plan on cosplaying him I would recommend putting money into a nicer wig. Anyways I will get working on a photo guide for you when I return from physical therapy today. It's not terribly difficult once you figure it out but make sure you have many, many bobby pins (and hair pins if you happen to own those) as well as hair spray. Also the whole trouble of making sure the buns are laying equally, one is not longer than the other. I'll be sure to dicuss that and more in the guide.
Planned:
Larry Butz, Retired 2010
Damon Gant, Retired 2010
Cammy Melee, YCon 2010 (55% Complete)

Fabulous!

I was thinking about this recently and lo and Behold there was a thread for this here. I <3 you all so much!!!

In The Middle of It Now

Get a Princess Leia sort of Wig, and combine the two.

You just can't handle the Butz!

D: I'm so sorry! I've been unexpectedly busy with physical therapy and doctor appointments. I still don't have have a photo guide but let me at least put down how I would go about doing it. I'll still be taking the pictures but I realize Halloween is right around the corner. I'll try to check the boards often if you need help with a step.

Materials Needed:
Comb (NOT A BRUSH)
Bobby Pins (Brown)
2 Large Hair Clips
Hair Spray
Foam Head
Straight Pins
Wine Bottle (Optional)

Steps:
1. Place your wig on the foam head (If you have a sturdy wine bottle place the foam head on it. This way the head itself doesn't move to much while you're styling it.) and secure with the straight pins. The best way to do that is place one at the center of the forehead, the center of the neck and the sideburns.
2. With your comb carefully comb a center part through the fibers so there is a clear line. Use your hair clips and place them on the two sides to hold the hair in place.
3. Remove the clip on the right side of the head. Make the hair make a circle going in a clockwise direction. This is going to be much more difficult than it sounds. Don't get discouraged! You can do it! Makes sure the soon to be bun is over the ear.
4. This is probably the most difficult part. When you start to get a curve to your bun you need to put a bobby pin in with one hand. You will need to other to hold the hair in place. Use your teeth to open the bobby pin and put it in. Continue to do this. If you don't like what your bun is looking like remember you can always take it down and start again.
5. Once you are done with the right side move on the left. Repeat steps 3 & 4 with the exception that the bun on this side will be moving in a counter clockwise direction. MAKE SURE THEY ARE EVEN!
6. When both sides are done and you are happy with it spray it down with the hair spray. This will help your wig stay shaped for longer.
Planned:
Larry Butz, Retired 2010
Damon Gant, Retired 2010
Cammy Melee, YCon 2010 (55% Complete)

devin

These curly human hair wigs are crafted using real human hair, and they can be styled and treated similarly to natural hair. The use of human hair allows for greater versatility in styling, including the ability to use heated styling tools.
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay