Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay

Page 1 of 25[ 973 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next

The "Who Should I Cosplay?" ThreadTopic%20Title

Okay, first-time cosplayers: please post your suggestion requests here so we don't have fifty different threads asking the same thing floating around. Some things to keep in mind when asking:

1. When you pick a character, choose one that you would enjoy cosplaying. The whole point of dressing up as your favorite character is to have fun!
2. Crossplay (cosplaying the opposite gender) is perfectly fine if done correctly. Don't let gender be a barrier if you really want to cosplay someone!
3. Most first time cosplayers choose a character with similar hair color and length for simplicity's sake, so perhaps you could consider someone with a close hairstyle.
4. If you wear glasses, try taking them off in one of your pictures for better comparison. Try out some contacts though if you're cosplaying a non-glasses character as glasses can often distract from the outfit. Alternatively you can remove your glasses when people ask for a picture of your cosplay and put them on after the shot, although it's quite bothersome and you could potentially lose your glasses.
5. IMPORTANT: If you try, you can really cosplay just about anyone within reasonable bounds. Both wigs and makeup go a really long way (I'm not lying - I've seen it firsthand). Suggestions are cool, but don't let them impose limits on yourself. Ultimately the decision is yours and yours alone.

When posting reference pictures of yourself, please keep them within reasonable sizes. Thanks.

Last edited by Gwiffen on Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Re: The "Who Should I Cosplay?" ThreadTopic%20Title

~Darker than a moonless night

I was about to make a thread like this myself with the new wave of "Who should I cosplay as" threads xD

Just for the hell of it, who do you think I look like/would be good cosplaying as. Phoenix/Edgeworth/Godot are all already done.

Only picture of me outside of cosplay I can find...
Spoiler:

I give love a bad name.

@KaZzu: Jake Marshall. I see some Jake in you. :jake:

TLS Admin and Representative

Okay. I am already planning to cosplay Damon Gant for this year's Portcon Maine. That being said, who do you think I could do besides him?

Spoiler: My most recent neutral picture

I will take another at a later date. That's the same one I displayed back in February.

Hakuro de Killer wrote:
Okay. I am already planning to cosplay Damon Gant for this year's Portcon Maine. That being said, who do you think I could do besides him?

I will take another at a later date. That's the same one I displayed back in February.

@KaZzu: Oh wow. I see both Jake Marshall and a little Mike Meekins. Seeing that pic surprises me that you are the world's best Godot cosplayer. Very impressive!

KazZu: I think it'd be awesome if you rocked Kristoph some time. Or Klavier, I suppose since they have the same face shape, but Kristoph is sticking to me for whatever reason. I think He has a slightly larger build, maybe. I can't remember~

Haruko de Killer: I can totally see the Gant, But I also think you could make an awesome Will Powers as well!

..I wanna play this game too~ I just took some pics..but they came out less than perfect. I was arching my back a bit, so I look like I have more of a tummy than I do~ (Though, arguably I do have a squishy tummy)
Spoiler:

and in this one down here, my face is all blurry, but it give a good idea of my body type, and I think the first gives a good ref of my face shape.
Spoiler:

So, uh, who should I cosplay as <3?

Last edited by Estragon on Sun May 18, 2008 1:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hakuro de Killer wrote:
Hakuro de Killer wrote:

@KaZzu: Oh wow. I see both Jake Marshall and a little Mike Meekins. Seeing that pic surprises me that you are the world's best Godot cosplayer. Very impressive!

Quoting yourself in reply to KaZzu? :P Seeing KaZzu's "true form" shows just how far a good wig and a dabble of makeup can go. ;)

I suppose I'll join in this fun as well. Already done Maya, GS4 Ema, and Kristoph (lol). Let's see if I can guess what you guys will suggest. :D
Spoiler:

Last edited by Gwiffen on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gwiffen wrote:
Hakuro de Killer wrote:
Hakuro de Killer wrote:

Quoting yourself in reply to KaZzu? :P Seeing KaZzu's "true form" shows just how far a good wig and a dabble of makeup can go. ;)

I suppose I'll join in this fun as well. Already done Maya, GS4 Ema, and Kristoph. Let's see if I can guess what you guys will suggest. :D
Spoiler:

Lol "true form."

As for you, possibly Ini Miney?

I'm all over that drift!

Gwiffen wrote:
I suppose I'll join in this fun as well. Already done Maya, GS4 Ema, and Kristoph (lol). Let's see if I can guess what you guys will suggest. :D

First off, thank you so much for making this thread. :D

Second, I see a lot of Iris there. You would make an absolutely adorable Iris.

I think if you styled your hair, you could pull off April May. The shape of your face and eyes seem to suggest how April looks when she's all innocent looking. ^^

Hmm.. I was always curious about this, since I've never cosplayed before, mainly because I'm not convinced that I can pull anyone off very well. :sadshoe:

Anyway, if I could get some feedback, maybe I might actually attempt it one of these days.

Spoiler: Cosplayable or no?
More recent pic with my hair up:

Older pic with my hair down:

And are we suggesting only PW chars to cosplay? Or it could be anybody? :eh?:

Aevitas wrote:

I see a Kristoph. Seriously. -shot-

Aevitas wrote:

We'll keep Phoenix Wright characters as the main focus, but if you really see a resemblance to someone of another series, that's cool to point out too (for instance, KaZzu's normal hair looks to me like Ishida's from Bleach).

As for you, I'm seeing some Lana and some Kristoph as well (I think it's the glasses).

Gwiffen wrote:
Hakuro de Killer wrote:
Hakuro de Killer wrote:

Spoiler:

I usually mix up the Edit and Quote buttons. Most of the time, I catch myself, but meh.

@Estragon: You could pull off a Fran with that hair, but you can do a large array of other cosplays as well. Also, people saying they are fat when they aren't is irritating...

@Gwiffen: You look like a Maggey Byrde without the uniform on.

@Aevitas: Either Maggey or Penny Nichols, easy.

Until it is permitted, I will only list Phoenix Wright similarities.

Also, I actually was planning Will Powers as my backup plan if my Gant cosplay didn't go as planned.

pixel artist

I'm already going to be cosplaying Adrian at Comic-con this year, but I have no plans for after that... any ideas?

I'm willing to wear a wig/and/or crossplay.

Spoiler: it's-a-me

seka wrote:
I'm already going to be cosplaying Adrian at Comic-con this year, but I have no plans for after that... any ideas?

Mmh... What about Engarde?

Okay, here we go:

Spoiler:
First, my face:
Then, full-view. You can't really see my face but the first picture should be able to solve that

As you can see, my body doesn't really allow me to crossplay, unless someone knows a way to magically remove breasts for a day. And due to my haircut, I'm pretty much certain to have to wear a wig.
I can cosplay without my glasses, too.

I'm 5'6/1m67. I'm stating that mostly because my husband is 1 foot/ 30cm taller than I am, so if we cosplay together we'd rather avoid being character that are around the same height :p

Well, I think I already linked you this cosplay.com thread, but here it is again. For "heavy duty" binding, you could try something called a lumbar support belt.

And I love it when couples cosplay together! It's so cute. ^^ Most character couples from the game aren't the same height anyways (e.g. TigreXViola, ReddXApril, GumshoeXMaggey) so if you do decide to go as a girl then your vertical measurements shouldn't be a problem.

Gwiffen wrote:
Well, I think I already linked you this cosplay.com thread, but here it is again. For "heavy duty" binding, you could try something called a lumbar support belt.

Thanks. I took a look but I honestly don't think I can ever get flat (I'm a F cup). I might use some of these stuff in everyday life just to be able to wear close-to-my-skin shirts without getting harrassed though. Might get me down to a D or C cup.

I'm still taking suggestions (if there is a male you think I really look like, go ahead, I might still do pictures with just my face transformed for the fun of it :P)

The Maya Fey of iPods.

seka wrote:

I think you could pull a pretty decent Apollo. :)

I'm going to take a picture of myself and post it here for you guys to judge so I don't take up space~ x3
EDIT
Spoiler: Beware, they're large.

I'd prefer to crossplay, but if you see more of a girl, fine by me. :)
Avatar by Vicki, sig by Mr.Trite. Thanks, guys.

Mr.Trite wrote:
seka wrote:

I think you could pull a pretty decent Apollo. :)

I'm going to take a picture of myself and post it here for you guys to judge so I don't take up space~ x3
EDIT

I think you would make a very good Trucy.

On the crossplay side of things, maybe Matt Engarde.

Mr.Trite wrote:
EDIT

The sunglasses make me think Klavier. But maybe it's just the sun glasses. D:
Maybe Luke Atmey? He may be a bit difficult, though.

Layton v. GS and GS5 fever!

Mr.Trite wrote:
EDIT

With a blond wig, I think you would be the perfect Machi Tobaye.
ImageJoin the Project!
Engaged to R. Bond, Daughter to Donald Serrot and Sklarvv, and sister of Clarounette, GavinnerRock, and PhoenixFire in the CR Family Tree RP

wassamattawityucca wrote:
Mr.Trite wrote:
EDIT

Yes! Definitely Machi! I was having trouble figuring it out, but that's perfect!

Also, for you who want to try Atmey cosplays, please oh please ask the Usopp/Sogeking cosplayers for advice on the nose as I believe that would be the closest thing you could get to realistic.

The Maya Fey of iPods.

Thanks for all of the advice, guys! :) I never thought of Machi- Or Luke. xD I had a feeling somebody would say it, though.

Valant Ocelot

Guys?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8024
^ lolz ocelot

The Maya Fey of iPods.

I'm well aware of that topic- I've considered posting there before. However, looking like a character in actuality and asking which character you should dress up as in terms of a costume are totally different. Or at least in my opinion. :)

Look out world, HERE COMES JUSTICE!

You have quite a striking resemblance to Cody Mr Trite for some reason. :)

Gwiffen: You have such a cute round face! You could be a lot of the girls~ I think you could make for a great Iris!

Aevitas: I wanna say…GS4 ema, personally~

Haruko: Thanks! Sorry to irritate you, I totally wasn't trying to imply I was fat (Cause I really don't think I am~). I just think I shouldn't have jutted my stomach out like that~

Seka: hmm, I think you'd make a charming apollo~!

Avivstew: Oh wow, you're really pretty~! You have a mature face shape, so personally, I wanna say Franziska or Mia.

Mr.Trite: Oh, oh Machi~! You would make a very cute machi~!

so, uh, I'm posting more photos~ my other ones were pretty bad (My camera was on the foliage setting *facepalm*), so I got a friend to take some! So these look much, much better!

Spoiler:

When I saw these new photos, first thing that came to my mind was Franziska for some reason. Nice shirt, btw. :)

Look ma, no avatar!

Location: In the tree outside Klavi's bedroom...with a pair of binoculars...

Hakuro de Killer wrote:
wassamattawityucca wrote:
Mr.Trite wrote:
EDIT

Yes! Definitely Machi! I was having trouble figuring it out, but that's perfect!

Also, for you who want to try Atmey cosplays, please oh please ask the Usopp/Sogeking cosplayers for advice on the nose as I believe that would be the closest thing you could get to realistic.

Yes yes yes Machi. It'd be perfect. *Frantic nodding!*
"When young, Gavins lack the prominent hair horn of adult Gavins. But when they grow older, they will become magnificent blond unicorns."
"Welcome to the Klavier Thread, would you like an extra order of crack!ideas with your sex?"-Rhia

Valant Ocelot

Mr.Trite wrote:
I'm well aware of that topic- I've considered posting there before. However, looking like a character in actuality and asking which character you should dress up as in terms of a costume are totally different. Or at least in my opinion. :)

Won't you make a costume for a character that fits your looks? I mean asking "which character should I dress like" it's as random as a can of insects rolling down a road and then hitting you in the head while listening to Céline Dion.. I mean you could dress up like Dahlia for all I care, but it's not really about randomness is it? :hobohodo:
^ lolz ocelot

I need an avatar and sig... |:

Estragon wrote:
Gwiffen: You have such a cute round face! You could be a lot of the girls~ I think you could make for a great Iris!

Aevitas: I wanna say…GS4 ema, personally~

Haruko: Thanks! Sorry to irritate you, I totally wasn't trying to imply I was fat (Cause I really don't think I am~). I just think I shouldn't have jutted my stomach out like that~

Seka: hmm, I think you'd make a charming apollo~!

Avivstew: Oh wow, you're really pretty~! You have a mature face shape, so personally, I wanna say Franziska or Mia.

Mr.Trite: Oh, oh Machi~! You would make a very cute machi~!

so, uh, I'm posting more photos~ my other ones were pretty bad (My camera was on the foliage setting *facepalm*), so I got a friend to take some! So these look much, much better!

Spoiler:

Adrian. So Adrian.

Ac#e to the rescue!!! Avvy be Leeling.

Estragon wrote:
KazZu: I think it'd be awesome if you rocked Kristoph some time. Or Klavier, I suppose since they have the same face shape, but Kristoph is sticking to me for whatever reason. I think He has a slightly larger build, maybe. I can't remember~

Haruko de Killer: I can totally see the Gant, But I also think you could make an awesome Will Powers as well!

..I wanna play this game too~ I just took some pics..but they came out less than perfect. I was arching my back a bit, so I look like I have more of a tummy than I do~ (Though, arguably I do have a squishy tummy)
Spoiler:

and in this one down here, my face is all blurry, but it give a good idea of my body type, and I think the first gives a good ref of my face shape.
Spoiler:

So, uh, who should I cosplay as <3?

I think you'd be good as... Maggey!
Thanks to the combined awesomeness of Ceres and the Vickinator, I shall TAKE OVER THE WORLD!
...Just kidding. But check out the sig they made me!

Wind Fish wrote:
Mr.Trite wrote:

Won't you make a costume for a character that fits your looks? I mean asking "which character should I dress like" it's as random as a can of insects rolling down a road and then hitting you in the head while listening to Céline Dion.. I mean you could dress up like Dahlia for all I care, but it's not really about randomness is it? :hobohodo:

Not everyone wants to make a costume that fits their looks to a T. I personally do because I like looking a lot like a character. However, some people like to dress up as someone that otherwise doesn't look like the character at all. Take KaZzu for instance. The world's greatest Godot cosplayer and I don't think that thought would cross anyone's mind in that thread.

Spoiler: Need I remind you...?
ImageImageImage

I rest my case and return you to the topic at hand.

The Maya Fey of iPods.

THERE'S A SAILOR BUBBA BOBBLE HEAD?!
OhmyGodotmusthave.
-ahem-

Valant Ocelot

Hakuro de Killer wrote:
Wind Fish wrote:
Mr.Trite wrote:

Not everyone wants to make a costume that fits their looks to a T. I personally do because I like looking a lot like a character. However, some people like to dress up as someone that otherwise doesn't look like the character at all. Take KaZzu for instance. The world's greatest Godot cosplayer and I don't think that thought would cross anyone's mind in that thread.

Spoiler: Need I remind you...?
ImageImageImage

I rest my case and return you to the topic at hand.

Actually you proved my point, it's random and an unnecassary thread because I can shout "U be Missile " or "U be gregory" and "U culd olso B pearls lulz" see my point? :sawit: And please, buddy I know Kazzu is a great Godot cosplayer and I give him my respect for working hard on his costumes, but you guys have gone too far with this thing. Kazzu worked hard , and I bet that with his completed gear even women could look like Godot. so please.
^ lolz ocelot

Regardless of what you think of this thread, I believe it's necessary just to stop the steady flow of "Tell me who to cosplay, guys!" threads in this subforum. Before, we had maybe one or two requests every other day, and at that rate, this forum was getting a little bogged down. People genuinely want to know the answer to this question, so we're happily obliging.

Hey, here's an idea:

If you can't decide on a character, try someone who doesn't show up often, but is still recognizable if you cosplay as them. My best example: Maximilion Galactica. Just, you know, someone else isn't as likely to cosplay. Just a thought.
Thanks to the combined awesomeness of Ceres and the Vickinator, I shall TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

They call me Bogard. Terry Bogard.

The REAL DokenMan
I am intending on cosplaying the Young Klavier and Hobo-Nick. Any other suggestions would be nice.
Image Father of XDGummyDX

DokenMan wrote:
The REAL DokenMan
I am intending on cosplaying the Young Klavier and Hobo-Nick. Any other suggestions would be nice.

Moe, Jake Marshall, Bruce Goodman, or Mike Meekins. That's my rule. :godot:

Yeah I know it doesn't make sense. Shut up! :igarashi:
Page 1 of 25 [ 973 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay