Board index » Present Evidence » Remix

Page 1 of 1[ 31 posts ]

Huddini's Sounds of Magic (Gumshoe Theme AJ Port Up!)Topic%20Title

This is my latest AJ port track, the AA Gumshoe theme! [not perfect, but a start]

Soundcloud

A long time ago, I branched out into knowing how to produce music. The pieces I made were pretty short to say the least :P (Just look at the first few tracks I've listed here, and you'll see what I mean).

Now, I *slightly* have a better understanding of music programs and all, and I'm here to share what I've been able to come up with so far.

As someone who's still rather new to the music scene, I really have no sense of composing/arranging.
For this reason, I tend to focus more on experimentation/unique sounds.

NOTE: You may NOT use these ANYWHERE! Unless you think some of these are good enough to actually be in something....Then you must ask me for permission!

So I'll try to start from the very first things I remember composing, as always, HEADPHONES recommended:
-Was going for a super basic logic theme. Dunno why it sounds so quiet though x)

-Another version I did as the first....though something went wrong with actual recording, dunno why.

-I interpreted this as a more serious logic theme akin to something to AJ's logic at first.
But then I didn't realize that it *could* be a CE theme if I were to make a faster, more varied version of it :o. I can agree though it got too repetitive and "noisy" (what? It's unfinished :p)

-This was something I was doing for a chica member named Holhol (she's the author of the case called TCrackdown whose Part 1 got recently released.Some conflict happened with her recently, so I wanted to compose something small for her to use as a "signature" so people could instantly recognize that she made a trial...But all I could do was come up with this sound, and not actually any REAL composing.

-Another version of the above, cleaner sound and actually flowed very well....Still VERY short though.

-An actual "piece" I did for Holhol, still rather short (but it's only meant to be used as a case intro music anyway).
I was actually displeased about this one mainly because there was this really nice sound I had wanted to use before...But due to recording issues, I had to use a "tinkerbell"-like sound :x
Also, it doesn't exactly flow well...I was forced to only record loops for a certain time, and not do it on one go x(, had to arrange everything on audacity.

-This was done in Fl Studio (I had absolutely no experience, so I was playing around with some of the packs that came with the program).
I actually thought I had something really nice going....A good lounge/club beat...Unfortunately, I lost the project file, so all you're getting is :11 seconds of what could've been a potential club hit xD

-A sound effect that I'm thinking of using for when a certain someone in my fan-game does an "imitation"...
Made it all from scratch....My co-author ED though thinks this sounds like it's for "wonking"[aka damage]...Really not my intention if others think that o.O

-Was going for something Mass Effectey. The composers of Mass Effect really did nice bringing a Blade-Runner-esque atmosphere to the FIRST game, so I wanted to see if I could at least produce a sound that could *somewhat* fit within that universe....Don't know if I succeeded or not.
It's all pure synth btw, nothing else used. Which is why it's probably going to be really repetitive xP

-AA Justice For All CE ~ Moderato (AJ Remake)
Hey folks, after digging through Youtube and some AA music forums, I really wanted to see what would happen if someone "ported" a theme from one of the old AA games to something like AJ.
This is the result of my efforts. It took me an entire day to try to get the instrumentations right. I used my own custom soundfont to achieve as best of a replication of JFA's sounds as I could muster at the time.
It's far from perfect (I hear some unnecessary reverb which I can't point my finger on where the source is coming from), but instrumentation-wise, it's pretty much as authentic as can be. The instrumentations I used were ones personally ripped straight from the game.

NEW!
-AA Justice For All: Cross Examination ~ Allegro (AJ Remake)
I was struggling with this for weeks after the Moderato version, however, I forgot to work on it for months, and just found out sometime in the middle of June that I was pretty much almost done with the porting process. Here's the result of what I could pull off. There's still some unnecessary reverb I keep accidentally putting in (I believe I can safely say it's probably a release knob being too high for one of the channels). Drums could be arranged better, but this is just a port. As usual, AJ instruments were pretty much used.

NEW!
-AA Trials and Tribulations: Godot's Theme (AJ Remake)
This didn't take long, however, I couldn't find a saxophone instrument that existed in the AJ sound data files, so I had to make do with something else. Other then that, all AJ instruments were used. Tried to ensure reverb was kept as low as possible.

...I THINK this is all I have for now...Not sure xD

Anyways, since I'm not really good at finishing anything I do, I don't think it would be fair for me to do requests, unless you're looking for a type of unique sound xP

Comments and Criticisms appreciated.

Also Note: My compositions are currently only at CR, Soundcloud, and now the Voice Acting Alliance.
If you see it anywhere else, please hit me up ;)

Last edited by SevenCarrots on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:03 am, edited 14 times in total.
Re: Huddini's Magical Music StuffTopic%20Title

I'm bad at puzzle solving..

A new composer, huh? That makes 2 of us. I've started composing, too. Your works are very good, though. Stop putting yourself down.
Professor Layton & The Lost Future. Best game ever.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

Oh hey appreciate the comment FVK ^^

Although, I gotta legit ask: Where did I put myself down? o.O

Queen of Procrastination

Huddini wrote:
Although, I gotta legit ask: Where did I put myself down? o.O

Lol, extra words for the LOSE. XD
Anyways, I believe when you say "Oh, well, this one sucks..." and, "Oh, um... I hate this one."

You are very good at composing music Huddini. Better then picking, that's for sure. lol XD Don't put yourself down.

Maybe that could be my signature question: "I gotta legit ask, SUP DAWG?" or something xP

But I haven't even said either of those o.O, consider those as self-criticism instead, because they co-incide with the "reviews" I was getting from an actual composer.

Thanks for teh praise though :p Not good at picking? ohhhh snap you just messed up naoooo

My childhood right here

FVKWY wrote:
A new composer, huh? That makes 2 of us. I've started composing, too. Your works are very good, though. Stop putting yourself down.

I'm looking to compose a song for a friend (I promised it to her awhile ago) but can't find anything through Google. Since you're a composer, that would mean that you have a *good* composition doohickey. You have any suggestions?

Steel Turnabout wrote:
FVKWY wrote:

I'm looking to compose a song for a friend (I promised it to her awhile ago) but can't find anything through Google. Since you're a composer, that would mean that you have a *good* composition doohickey. You have any suggestions?

Hey Steel! Looking at the quote you just...well quoted, were you asking both of us for advice? I'm kinda thrown off of who you're asking since you're in my thread but you quoted another composer haha xP

As to your question, I'm actually confused as to what you're seeking: tips for composing your music, or a music composing program?

If it's for music composing program, I suggest Logic Pro for Mac, and Ableton Live/FL Studio 7-10 for Windows. I also suggest using Audacity for when you're editing the sound volume of LOOP files.

I'm not all that familiar with the interface of FL Studio to this day...You'd have to check up youtube tutorials for that, or experiment/play with the program yourself before venturing on youtube perhaps.

As I am currently on a netbook, I have to use FL Studio, but it actually lags on me depending on certain actions I do (like trying to hit the play button with using alot of samples loaded in for example), but that's just my netbook, haha xP

However, I don't just use FL Studio's built-in package, so I suggest searching for sound packs and FREE VST's if you can, to produce a unique sound.

Now if it's for composing tips, I could help you out better:
1)If you know your friend, then you must know what type of sound "resonates" with her/for whatever she wants a musical piece for. If you see some of the tracks I posted on my OP, I had a specific purpose in mind, especially that for Holhol. She's a young chica who's pretty "innocent", so one interpretation I decided was that the sound that resonates with her is something akin to a mystical atmosphere, with emphasis on higher notes playing.

That's just one tip I can give you based on your post...It's a little vague, so I can't really help you until you explain more in detail xP

My childhood right here

Thanks, Huds! I'd be lost without you! :D I just needed a program to compose. I already have it planned out, I just needed the composing program. And sorry about quoting someone else, just a slip-of-mind :sweat:. How's about I upload it once I have it "done", and y'all can rate it?

Ahh I see....then anytime yo :p

Sure upload it...Just make sure to create your own thread....As I'm pretty sure from the viewcount on my thread that no one will rate your work from some individual post, xP

My childhood right here

Huddini wrote:
Ahh I see....then anytime yo :p

Sure upload it...Just make sure to create your own thread....As I'm pretty sure from the viewcount on my thread that no one will rate your work from some individual post, xP

Yerp.
Re: Huddini's Sounds of Magic (Soundcloud+ 1AA Track Remake)Topic%20Title

Hey everyone, just wanted to update you guys, as it's been a LONG time coming.

A) I have a soundcloud account!
Click here to check it out: http://www.soundcloud.com/Huddini
There are tracks there that aren't on the OP.

And B) I have a new track out!
This time, it's a remake of one of the themes from AA: Justice For All.
I used ONLY AJ instruments to achieve the remake.

You may look at the OP, or just click here to view it.

You can compare my remake to the original on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdchZ2G-0gA

As always, feedback is appreciated.
Re: Huddini's Sounds of Magic (Soundcloud+ 1AA Track Remake)Topic%20Title

...Hopefully someday... xD

Huddini wrote:
And B) I have a new track out!
This time, it's a remake of one of the themes from AA: Justice For All.
I used ONLY AJ instruments to achieve the remake.

...Okay; THIS was zintastic!
I always liked the JFA least, but with AJ sounds it sounds actually pretty good.
I don't know why I like it least...It's...
Well somehow it always reminded me of winter. You know, all those jingles and all.
...Though I like how it fit so well in 2-3.

Anyway...I was wondering...Could ya send that AJ sounds or soundfont to me as PM?
And if you have those from the other AA games too; highly appreciated.
ImageImageImageImage
Re: Huddini's Sounds of Magic (2 New AA Track Remake)Topic%20Title

Whoa Zinle, sorry about that, I didn't think anyone still came to CR, xP xP

I didn't know I had a reply to this thread until I decided to actually come and update it :P

Glad to see that you liked the ports.

JFA's songs are pretty underrated in general IMO, it's my favorite soundtrack out of any of the AA games that exist now. To each their own though.

I'd love to send you all the stuff I personally ripped from the game, but there's a problem:
I have a very, VERY slow upload speed, and with the size that the soundbanks takes for AJ, you'd have to wait for a year until the whole things uploaded...yes it's that bad xP

However, I can definitely send you the soundbanks of T&T:AA, and JFA (very very huge dfference in filesize compared to AJ). The only thing I ask is that you credit me (not only did I rip the sound data out, I had to manually collect them all into a usable soundbank myself, which took alot of time on my crap netbook).

Just give me time though on that...the uploading will take a long while.
Re: Huddini's Sounds of Magic (2 NEW AA Track Remakes)Topic%20Title

Bump:

I sent you a PM Zin.
Re: Huddini's Sounds of Magic (2 NEW AA Track Remakes)Topic%20Title

Hey guys, did a GK2 track to one-up an AAO member...I'll just quote here:

Quote:
After seeing Dan's art thread of how he made some "HQ" "Remastering" tracks for AAI2 (see here), I decided to see if I could actually remake a song into something of an actual HQ Remake.

For now, I decided to do one of the Logic Chess themes, using the same MIDI file ripped directly from GK2 and worked my way from there.
I've also referenced only Dan's track as a base for my own "remake".

For comparison's sake, I will post the original song (I'm assuming it's the OST version):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8vRTuYhN1M

Here is Dan's version:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21005890/Danielinhoni%27s%20Musics/AAI2%20Remastered/Logic%20Chess%20~%20Opening.mp3

There is abit of flaw here: The drums sound like it's from a MIDI drum instrument. It clashes with the rest of the song (such as the bass instrument and especially the strings), and therefore greatly loses authenticity because it sounds "cheap" compared to the rest of the track. The original song has that "thump" to its drum tracks, which is IMO a great part of the track. The other flaw that I noticed was the implementation of the saw waves. It's too weak and blends in to the song in the background, which it shouldn't be. Although there's almost no type of wave in the original song, I understand this was chosen for creative purposes, which is no problem.

Also, the little sound/electronic synth that you hear in the beginning is used wrongly. Actually, it's more like it was used in the wrong channel. The quick, repeated, slightly middle-to-high octave notes that play throughout the song (from the beginning to somewhere near the end) in the DS version is actually a very good *Pizzacato* string (or at least, it sounds close to a Pizzacato string).

That doesn't mean his version sucks, but there is much to be desired, and in no way reflects the original song BECAUSE there's so much to be desired.

Here is what I've been working on and off in a rush today:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8066810/AAO/prduceexperiment/aai2logicchesshudremake.mp3

The drums in this case is pretty strong, not thump material, but at least strong that you don't think it's a MIDI instrument.
I also used a bass instrument from the original AAI games, which is the only DS instrument retained in this track. Everything else is composed entirely of real instruments and/or enhanced saw waves I had lying around.

For those that don't dig the drums, I'm including an alternate version where the drums are used from the original AAI game instead, which you might prefer:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8066810/AAO/prduceexperiment/aaichessoriginaldrums.mp3

You're probably going to ask why I didn't use the AAI 2 drum instrument set instead...That's mainly because I haven't founded the motivation to rip the entire instrument data yet :P
Re: Huddini's Sounds of Magic (Gumshoe Theme AJ Port Up!)Topic%20Title

This is my latest AJ port track, the AA Gumshoe theme! [not perfect, but a start]

There are some instruments that I just couldn't find a suitable replacement for (the electronic gamey synth is the offputting channel I couldn't find an appropriate one the most)

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Your serious logic theme sounds like Giygas from Earthbound's theme O.o, but I like it a lot... but it would probably be distracting as a logic theme.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

I tried listening to the track, and I can't hear any resemblance (maybe the beginning ambient synth there was going on...? But other then that, I don't hear it)

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I meant the ghost logic one.
Anyway, how did you get that AJ soundfont? Last I checked I could only find the PW1-3 soundfont :/
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Just a cute lil' bun-bun

I believe Huddini extracted himself independent sound files for each instrument from the actual game file, in order to make a proper soundfont out of the set of clips.

Danielinhoni wrote:
I believe Huddini extracted himself independent sound files for each instrument from the actual game file, in order to make a proper soundfont out of the set of clips.

^This right here. I ripped out the instruments from all the available soundbanks within the actual game, and collected and "cleaned" them (ie. deleted duplicate instruments), and had them converted to a usable soundfont..

I also have the MIDI files for all the tracks that appear in the game (well, I CAN get them at a whim's notice), along with their .dls file equivalent, so I can do my best to accurately match a PW instrument channel, to an AJ instrument equivalent (which tends to be a BUNCH of trial and error to get right, assuming an AJ instrument equivalent exists).

I also have Ghost Trick, the two AAI games, and many more DS game soundfonts, that's not really available on the Internet. It seems I'm the only person around here with a proper AJ soundfont too, so score for exclusivity haha.
I also have proper PW1-3 soundfonts too, and I've shared them (or one of them? Can't remember), with the likes of our resident artist Zinle, who REALLY knows how to utilize my soundfonts really damn well. He has better use for these things than me.

That's why there are tracks I have "ported" from the PW era games, that sounds like it's for an AJ game (since you know, I'm only using AJ instruments :P).. Though they tend to have obvious imperfections, mainly because I'm not rearranging anything (I don't know how to really compose).

As for the ghost logic....ehhh, I'm still not hearing it xP

Master of confusion

Now I'm wondering if you could make the JFA pursuit sound better.
That was the ONLY track in JFA I disliked, it kinda ruined the game.

If you can link me to a good quality video of it (so I can determine how everything sounds like), I can try to do an AJ port of that :D

Master of confusion

Here you go.

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Shizuka wrote:

Ruined the game? The game's supposed to be full of suspense, and that suspense-filled Pursuit theme sounded way fitting rather than ruining the game.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Master of confusion

BonnyMono wrote:
Shizuka wrote:

Ruined the game? The game's supposed to be full of suspense, and that suspense-filled Pursuit theme sounded way fitting rather than ruining the game.

Alright, alright, you got me. I admit to liking the theme, though it's my least favorite of the series.

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

I absolutely adored the Gumshoe port! :will: (Which is not in the main post, perhaps you could add it? :basil:)

I don't have a good hear for music, so I hardly spotted any difference on the other ports without listening to the original...
Other than that, I liked everything else.

Yo Tia, thanks for the praise! You probably had to refer to the original because I try to mimic them as much as possible from the AJ game sound data :P. Obviously major instruments are not so accurate like in the gumshoe port.

I've added it to the OP, just not in the list (it's on top though).

I've also had a shot at trying the JFa pursuit theme...it's not going well let's just say :(

Ninja Panda

I'm quite a fan of the Gumshoe port, it's really good! Definitely looking towards more creations from you! :)

Since im looking for music for my fan game i cant comment on the music, well...atleast the ones that didnt catch my eye, or i just didnt think they'd be good for the game, except the gumshoe and godot theme ports holy jesus tits (???) those were great! once im done finding music i will comment on the rest. and if you couldnt tell, im asking for permission to use dem.
Difficult-looking legal books stand in a formidable row. They mock me. I tried reading one, and it made my head hurt. When I closed it, it slipped out of my hand. Then my foot hurt too. - Phoenix Wright

My fangame: Morgan Wright: Ace Attorney is right here: viewtopic.php?t=30205

Yeah man go for it, credits are all I ask and to pm me a link to your game once it's released ;)

Edit: also perfect timing since I haven't been on here for a long time haha
Page 1 of 1 [ 31 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Remix