Board index » Present Evidence » Remix

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

pokemonmercury Arrangements (Tried Again)Topic%20Title

Sarcastic Prosecutor

I took a Zinle 's tips and trying at this again. :edgy:

Crest Aquila - Objection (Made out of boredom)
https://soundcloud.com/lemaferny-1/falk ... -objection

Inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkGocjAzLsY :will:

Last edited by pokemonmercury on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Re: My First ArrangementTopic%20Title

...Hopefully someday... xD

One mistake from the very beginning is that you let the text 'An arrangement based on Phoenix Wright-Justice for All's Objection' to be seen,
because...well...honestly; now that theme is all I'm haring here. Main melody thing included or not.
Sure; I would have been like "I've heard this somewhere before" in that case, but...well you know.

Now to the track itself; personally I think the intro is too long.
Now I get that the JFA objection theme has intro that long, true, but it has something this track didn't for that part. Main melody.
Maybe it'd work better if there'd be like...hmmm...four parts of that trumpet thingy intro and then it would kick to the main part.
Well, at least the track is pretty upbeat, thanks to higher tempo than normal, and therefore it fits as objection theme.

The hardest part iin objection themes is to create the main melody part (IMO at least) but unfortunantely I guess the track needs one.
And what I meant with hard is that to create something that doesn't sound like already existing theme. Yup-yup.
Basically this does have everything it needs to work, like I said, but needs the final touch. ...like I...said...too...yeeeeah...

But yeah; this was your first edit / arrangement? Heheh...brings back memories.
Back in the days I couldn't make more than one note that then repeated. ...shame I dunno have midis from those days anymore so I could give an example. X3
But...pretty much all you need is some training I guess. And don't be scared to try new things really. and...well soon you'll do original tracks fairly easy I guess.
Not to advertise myself (pfth yeah right) you could try to see if you might get some ideas from these.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF36dSWQXnE
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DkvHDIpDbg
The first one has that four part intro thing I mentioned earlier and it's also one of those tracks that's based on another track.
...I'm gonna regret saying it out loud maybe, but you can easily hear parts from T&T's objection theme in this.
For example; the background voices are the same and third part square synths are kinda based from the T&T objections ending part too.
And also the intro piano is based on another song, not from AA and it dooesn't sound exactly like that but...yes, it is based on another jazz track.
Long story short, when I had a Boondocks marathon I ended up doing that kinda piano tune, that I just know got it's birth from this; www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YxB7oLnxCg#t=9m54s
So what (I guess) I'm trying to say here; you can make the track original with pretty simple tricks.

Try to see what you can do with the track now. ;)
ImageImageImageImage

Sarcastic Prosecutor

Hehe, thanks for the advice, I'll give it another shot.

Sarcastic Prosecutor

I made another one.
Re: pokemonmercury Arrangements (Tried Again)Topic%20Title

Sarcastic Prosecutor

I decided to try once again... :edgy:

zydrate comes in a little glass vial~

whaoh :spit:
turn down the reverb!

other than that, not too shabby :eh?:

I don't know about the comment on the reverb, but it *sounds* REALLY good. The bass certainly needs to be turned down.

I'm not sure what you were going for, is it supposed to be a slight rearrangement of Apollo's objection theme? It sounds like a heavy modification (a good modification though).

I can't compare this to your older track, since apparently you replaced/deleted the original, so by it's own it's pretty alright
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Remix