Board index » Present Evidence » Remix

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

hirundo rustica's Ace Attorney rearrangementsTopic%20Title

the enemy of my enemy is my friend

Sometimes I do music and sometimes that music is video game music.

Ace Attorney – End
(Acappella + piano/guitar/shaker arrangement of Ace Attorney end theme)

Turnabout 'Til We Meet Again
(Acapella + piano/guitar/shaker/glockenspiel arrangement of about eight different Ace Attorney themes spanning from the first game to Apollo Justice.)

Spoiler: list of themes
Cross Examination ~ Moderate 2001 (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)
Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2001 (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)
Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2002 (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All)
Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2004 (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations)
Courtroom Lobby ~ New Prelude (Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney)
Apollo Justice ~ A New Trial Is In Session! (Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney)
Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2013 (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies)
Apollo Justice ~ I'm Fine! (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies)

I'd like to do more once I have a proper USB mic. Meanwhile, hope you enjoy!

eta:
does this remind you of a puzzle
(Acapella arrangement of Moment of Rest from Professor Layton)

Last edited by hirundo rustica on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: hirundo rustica's Ace Attorney rearrangementsTopic%20Title

The Fire Emblem lord

For the most part this sounded really nice.The way you meshed the songs was really well done, and I honestly thought that,before listening, it would sound like earrape with all the songs together,but it sounded far better than that.
However, there were a couple of things...
The acapella in the song feels unneeded, and just not very well done, compared to the rest of the piece. There were also a few incorrect notes Objection 2004/2013 and Apollo Justice-A new trial is in session/I'm Fine.
Other than that,no *ahem* objections here :godot:

Ruining my life, one Meme at a time.

The second piece is a rearrangement/remix over a straight note for note medley and I did it in part for OverClocked Remix, so reinterpretation and original envisioning was key there. Acapella musical arrangements are just the way I like to do music, so I'm sorry if it wasn't your cup of tea :P Without it the arrangement sounds hella empty, since I arranged it around that and the piano. Thanks for listenin though (y)

Also just a note for general future reference, if you could abstain from using the word 'rape' in a casual way that'd be awesome. Cheers yo :rock'n:

The Fire Emblem lord

I tend to use that term for things that like A cat screaming in pain, but sorry if I offended you :sadshoe:

Like, I get that it's a word used to describe "a really awful [sounding] thing" but it's just better not to use it unless you are actually seriously discussing it is all. Just keep it in mind, ja? :klavier:

Staying on topic…
does this remind you of a puzzle
(Acapella arrangement of Moment of Rest from Professor Layton)

The Fire Emblem lord

I like the Acapella in this a LOT more. Sounds really nice. In the other arrangement/remix, it seemed out of place. Good thing it's from pandora's box, since that's one of the only ones i've played(other one i've played is Last specter/spectre's call) This was one of my favorite songs from the game.
If you care about my workings with music, I haven't made any actual arrangements, but i plan to do an orchestra arrangement of Cornered once i figure out how to edit audio/get a computer that doesn't suck.
About that name...wouldn't "Does This Remind You of a Puzzle" sounds like a name fitting for one of the puzzle themes.

It seems like acapella is always fine on its own, but it seems to be harder to integrate it into a piece of music if the listener isn't used to hearing acapella with other musical accompaniment, in my experience. My style actually developed from doing tons of covers of Beirut songs, but because I lack brass instruments I replaced it with acapella/vocalising. Hence the way I do music now.

Moment of Rest was one of my favourites as well, there are a few other Layton themes I'd love to try covering at a later point. As for my title, I actually recorded it as a joke cover, so I just titled it whatever I could think of at the time, haha.

If you're looking for suitable software for music composition and the like, I'd suggest Reaper - it's a really solid piece of software, great for digital and live production. I hope to be able to hear your arrangement someday :maya:

The Fire Emblem lord

It may be a while before I do anything related to music, because of a money situation we're in;I'd rather not go int detail. I need a decent quality mic, and a good computer. I'll definitely download that though! Thanks for the recommendation.
EDIT: Yeah...I'll get it when I can afford 65$ :sadshoe:

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Remix