Board index » Present Evidence » Remix

Page 1 of 1[ 4 posts ]

Ace Attorney- Trial de Novo MusicTopic%20Title

Forensic Investigator

Hey guys! So I've been bitten by the composing bug lately, and since I decided to adapt my fangame idea (Ace Attorney: Trial de Novo) into a post-DD fanfiction, I've been struck by inspiration to write some companion themes to go with it. Even if it's no longer a fangame, I still feel like having the music there as a companion would add something to the fanfiction, you know? Plus it gives me a chance to practice and work with styles and instruments I haven't for my other composition projects. So, here is where I will be posting links to whatever themes strike me with inspiration.

First up, we have the lobby piece: Courtroom Lobby~ Prepare Yourself!

And next, the trial theme itself: The Dark Age is in Session
Re: Ace Attorney- Trial de Novo MusicTopic%20Title

...Hopefully someday... xD

Well, I did like the Lobby theme but it is way too repetea...repete...repe... *one moment pls, googling in progres* repetitive! Yes, it's too repetitive.
And I don't mean like games themself have not repetitive lobby themes, but this stil badly needs a main melody to play in it, not just the BG part.
And that pretty much sums up what I have in mind for the Trial theme too. I like these so far though.
ImageImageImageImage

Forensic Investigator

That's a fair criticism. I think I'll work to add in a main melody line- or bring out the one that I tried implementing in the trial theme as well. I'll work on making my pieces less repetitive in the future.

I am also here to drop off the first completed Reminiscence theme for this game. Of course, as all contexts for Reminiscence themes are laden with spoilers, I can't say much about the details of who it is for and when/why it would play here, but I still want to share it. Let it simply be said that 'RN-8' is the case to look out for in my current project.

Reminiscence~ The Falsely Accused

Don't call me Shirley

I like the trial theme the best out of the three. Lobby theme is indeed...well I wouldn't say repetitive per say, but it kinda feels unfinished, it would be perfect with an added melody ! The reminiscence theme has potential, but I find the melody a tad basic. IMO reminiscences themes have always been about opening an old dusty file and learning about some tragic story, which should give the melody a "narrative" aspect, a bit like a song, if you will (with tempo variations, different phases in the melody). Maybe try to put down on paper all emotions the concerned character went through in this case, and try to build the melody's structure around them...?
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Remix