Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 4 of 4[ 132 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Re: Musical Instruments?Topic%20Title

I have been playing electric guitar for a few years and I'd like to think I'm pretty decent at it. Other than that, I played violin in elementary school and saxophone in middle school, but wasn't very good at either and stopped playing them when I didn't need to.

I just bought a pan flute last summer but right now it is literally collecting dust and I still can't blow into the thing properly. I really need to go back to it. :sadshoe:

Ace Cactus Guy

When I was 6, I started playing drums until I was 9. I was really lazy and I almost never practiced, but the actual reason I stopped was because It was starting to get too loud for me and I hated playing infront of people. After that I thought just quitting making music and just listening to it instead.

But half a year ago, I had a conversation with my old drum teacher, and he suggested to me that I should start bass, because its not necessary that its loud and you aren't in the spotlight when you play it. And here I am, starting to play bass. :phoenix:

I hope you even comprehend what I wrote. :phoenix:

Bass is great :D I've been playing for nearly 5 years now and of all the instruments I can use, it's by far my favourite. You just feel so at one with the instrument and you get to lay down some awesome grooves, blend in with the rhythm and melody sections... Have fun learning it :D

Art Person

Although I've not played it in a year or so, I can play Eb Tuba. It's just so fun and I love belting the low tones XD Only sad thing is it's hardly ever heard when the entire concert band plays. You really need to push through to make any solos be heard :sadshoe: .
Any Fellow Musicians?Topic%20Title

Ultimate Detective

:athena: :apollo: Hi everyone! Just wanted to know if there were any fellow musicians here. I play the Bass Guitar and Keyboard/Piano. If you are a musician what is your favorite:
1) Band/Artist
2) Music Genre
3) Instrument

GYAXA PR Dept.

I used to play the violin. Quit in my final year of middle school though. :larry:

I can play the piano, but the piano in my house is wrecked pretty badly, so...

The video game boy; the one who wins

I used to play the viola. I have a violin at home for casual fiddling, but I need new strings for it. Can't play the piano formally, with notes and both hands and stuff, but I can teach myself to play some melodies on it, it's not that different from violins/violas. I also have a cheap harmonica but I don't know if it's it that sucks or me because I can barely get any sound from it :sahwit:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Happy Maria

Took piano classes twice, never really worked out.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

*Blows off the dust from this topic*

Hey there. I'm one of those strange cases of an introverted person who's really musically inclined. Ever since I was like, five, I had at least a keyboard in my room that I liked to play around on. I actually have perfect pitch so music is kind of an obvious choice for me. Then again, I didn't go for a music degree because the idea of doing an audition scared me off, as well as music itself being a very competitive field, and I always preferred enjoying myself and having a good time rather than striving to be the best. I was in choir in all of middle and high school, which was quite fun though.

Only recently have I started trying to learn actual songs. For the longest time I'd just improvise or play small pieces of familiar songs. I have a severe visual impairment so no reading sheet music while I play, meaning I have to read, play, read, play, etc. until I eventually memorize the piece, which is good because you have to memorize it at some point anyway. Or, utilizing my perfect pitch, I can learn songs by ear, though that can still be somewhat unreliable at times. Then again, there's plenty of blind musicians out there--they did it somehow, so I know I can too!

Anyway, I have an acoustic guitar, an electric guitar, a digital piano, a synthesizer, a Native American flute, and this Christmas I got a ukulele and a set of harmonicas. While the piano is certainly my favorite--and the most versatile--instrument, I'm really enjoying the ukulele for its similarity to the guitar, its simplicity, and its bright, fun, cute sound.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Slezak wrote:
*Blows off the dust from this topic*

Hey there. I'm one of those strange cases of an introverted person who's really musically inclined. Ever since I was like, five, I had at least a keyboard in my room that I liked to play around on. I actually have perfect pitch so music is kind of an obvious choice for me. Then again, I didn't go for a music degree because the idea of doing an audition scared me off, as well as music itself being a very competitive field, and I always preferred enjoying myself and having a good time rather than striving to be the best. I was in choir in all of middle and high school, which was quite fun though.

Only recently have I started trying to learn actual songs. For the longest time I'd just improvise or play small pieces of familiar songs. I have a severe visual impairment so no reading sheet music while I play, meaning I have to read, play, read, play, etc. until I eventually memorize the piece, which is good because you have to memorize it at some point anyway. Or, utilizing my perfect pitch, I can learn songs by ear, though that can still be somewhat unreliable at times. Then again, there's plenty of blind musicians out there--they did it somehow, so I know I can too!

Anyway, I have an acoustic guitar, an electric guitar, a digital piano, a synthesizer, a Native American flute, and this Christmas I got a ukulele and a set of harmonicas. While the piano is certainly my favorite--and the most versatile--instrument, I'm really enjoying the ukulele for its similarity to the guitar, its simplicity, and its bright, fun, cute sound.

Whoa *screams* as a big music fan, I love to see a post like this. I’m also one of those people who are very musically inclined - to the point I’ve always spent hours and hours listening to music and doing nothing else. I think much of the joy in my life would be gone without music.

In fact, my love for music has just grown more and more in the last few years (from my late teens to 21, the age I’m now). Like you, only now I’m beginning to seriously invest on learning complete songs. I studied the piano and drums briefly when I was very young, like 6 or 7. Now I’m trying to learn a bit of acoustic guitar (I have one) and maybe buy a not-so-expensive keyboard. Musical theory is something which I want to get into, as well. Though I’m not very comfortable with my voice/singing in general, haha. Not to brag, but I have a talent for percussion and the drums in general - more than I have for pure melody.

What kind of music do you like/have been listening to? Do you have favorite genres, or maybe a last.fm?

I wish you the best in your musical/creative journey.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Thelema wrote:
Whoa *screams* as a big music fan, I love to see a post like this. I’m also one of those people who are very musically inclined - to the point I’ve always spent hours and hours listening to music and doing nothing else. I think much of the joy in my life would be gone without music.

In fact, my love for music has just grown more and more in the last few years (from my late teens to 21, the age I’m now). Like you, only now I’m beginning to seriously invest on learning complete songs. I studied the piano and drums briefly when I was very young, like 6 or 7. Now I’m trying to learn a bit of acoustic guitar (I have one) and maybe buy a not-so-expensive keyboard. Musical theory is something which I want to get into, as well. Though I’m not very comfortable with my voice/singing in general, haha. Not to brag, but I have a talent for percussion and the drums in general - more than I have for pure melody.

Indeed! I'm...quite shy about my own voice as well. I like to sing when nobody's around but my dad sings all the time and even then I can't bring myself to sing along. I've never particularly cared for my own voice. I enjoyed choir mainly because I didn't have to stand out. I could be a leader and help my section (the tenors) but I was always reluctant to do solos.

I have a pretty keen sense of rhythm and I've always loved music games: FreQuency, Amplitude, PaRappa the Rapper, Um Jammer Lammy, Gitaroo Man, more recently the Rhythm Heaven series, and so on.

I really wish I could just overcome my shyness and be super-enthusiastic about music all the time.

Thelema wrote:
What kind of music do you like/have been listening to? Do you have favorite genres, or maybe a last.fm?

I wish you the best in your musical/creative journey.

Hm, my favorite genres are definitely classic rock, folk, funk, and blues, but I also like some new wave (some neat synth-heavy stuff, but even I know there's a limit), orchestral music (trying to avoid the blanket term of "classical" because there's baroque, classical, romantic, modern, etc.), and I love creative mashups. I don't think there's one genre of music I'd say I dislike, because there're always diamonds in the rough.

Thank you! You as well. DFTBA! (Don't Forget to be Awesome!) And keep on rockin'!
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Happy Maria

Slezak wrote:
Indeed! I'm...quite shy about my own voice as well. I like to sing when nobody's around but my dad sings all the time and even then I can't bring myself to sing along. I've never particularly cared for my own voice. I enjoyed choir mainly because I didn't have to stand out. I could be a leader and help my section (the tenors) but I was always reluctant to do solos.

Haha, I guess I can relate somewhat. My entire family is somewhat really musically inclined, but I personally keep my head down when it comes to those matters, mainly because our tastes of music are very very different. Not that I dislike music, of course! In fact, it can be quite useful. I have a tendency to listen to it while I work and I think it really does help me concentrate.

I'm more of a singing in the showers guy myself, though I do think I can sing alright in publicly. I'm just more nervous in public, is all. Though recently my voice has started to crack for some reason (seriously, I thought I was done with puberty already!) and it does seem to impair my singing voice, though only slightly. I've been told by some people that I have the voice of an opera singer, and I think my niece would agree too. It was just by a fluke, really. I started to sing as s joke but Shen apparently liked it and I think my singing actually calmed her down at later occasions which is quite funny. She's just 1 year old, by the way.

But yeah, music is quite good- though as evidenced by my last post in this topic, playing instruments really isn't my forté. I've tried and tried again, but I can never quite get further enough nor gain enough interest to continue. Maybe I should try the violin or something, that's always interested me as an instrument. Beautiful structure and even more elegant music. Some of my favourite songs are played by the violin, really.
Page 4 of 4 [ 132 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices