Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 5 of 7[ 259 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: Overused sayings you hateTopic%20Title

This is my Path, my Dream, my Choice

Objection9000 wrote:
And:

"How is school going?"

All of my older relatives ask me that when I see them. For me, school is pretty bad, but I always have to say "It's going great." or they'll reply with yet another annoying phrase: "Look on the bright side."

What bright side!?!?

Oooh I feel your pain on that one. Except it was work for me since work was going AWFUL and I got stuck saying it was good otherwise I would get stuck in family therapy as I called it where I would have to talk to my older siblings about it, bleh.

**Special Thanks to Dekuran for the Awesome Siggy and Nadindi for the Cool Avatar!**

The Hoosiers :) Just too cool.

"so what do you want to be when your older?--BE AN ARTIST!?"

NO. NO, OKAY? JUST BECAUSE I DRAW, DOES NOT MEAN I WANT TO BE AN ARIST FOR MY JOB. ITS.A.HOOBIE. :zenitora:
=,= *mutter ramble mutter*

ah herm, sorry but does anyone else get this?
my sprites Image(click the pic for pandas graphics~)

earthlings on fire

Golden Luxray wrote:

Not quite, but when I'm drawing a person, someone will always ask "Who's that?" and assume it's someone I know, even when I say it's not. But I see what you mean. That's happened before, too.

I'm very weird about metaphors. Use them all the time in text if you want, but when you say them... And even then, it's not all metaphors. But sometimes when someone uses one that rubs me the wrong way it makes me mad. I especially hate when people use the same metaphor over and over in the same conversation. :/
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

My childhood right here

Cravat of Doom wrote:
I'm very weird about metaphors. Use them all the time in text if you want, but when you say them... And even then, it's not all metaphors. But sometimes when someone uses one that rubs me the wrong way it makes me mad. I especially hate when people use the same metaphor over and over in the same conversation. :/

I love metaphors, but I make SURE not to re-use metaphors. Ever.

1) "Epic" has already been mentioned, but I would also like to add "Epic fail" to the list. It just makes no sense to me as a phrase. Once in a while it's ok, but I was with a group of friends who said it every half hour or so. Every single thing that someone screwed up with was an "epic fail." It REALLY bugged me at the end of the day.

2) Situational phrases where someone says something negative about themselves to try to coax people into complimenting them. e.g. Saying, "I look horrible in this photo" on Facebook, and then they sit back and wait for people to say, "No way, you look gorgeous!"

3) "You are the most ________ person in the world." To me, if you say this, you're not really thinking about how impossible that is. For example, if you say to your girlfriend that she's the most beautiful girl in the world, it's sweet to say, but it sounds shallow to me. Clearly you have not seen every girl in the world to compare and justify this statement.

4) I am a Christian, so this might cause a few raised eyebrows, but I get rubbed the wrong way when I hear generic phrases like "God works in mysterious ways" or "It's by the grace of God that..." or "Anything is possible with God." Not saying I disagree, but these kinds of phrases have been used in the exact same way without any kind of variation that they really bug me now, as if people aren't really thinking when they say these phrases anymore. It's just stuff that spews out of their mouth like they're trained to say them and they've lost all their meaning. It would be dandy if they could find their own personal ways to express their beliefs.

The Real Human Being

"It's hard to explain"

Damnit, "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough!" - Albert Einstein

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

I'm sure this must have been said, but, I'll say it anyway...

Me: *Must make a hard choice, explains the pros and cons of each choice in detail.* So, X, what do you think I should pick...? This, or that?
X: Hmm, pick whichever one you feel is best.

Excuse me, I asked you to help me, because I don't find one having an advantage over another, I wanted another opinion...not someone to tell me to decide for myself, because I need help. Arrgh. And people say it might offend, but honestly, I don't care.

And No this never happens with clothes for me.

Sorry for double-post, but this has to be said.

Me: You know I hate courgette why'd you put it in the lasagne?
Dad: Oh just eat it you can't taste it anyway.

THEN Y U PUT IT IN?!

Romeo wrote:
Sorry for double-post, but this has to be said.

Me: You know I hate courgette why'd you put it in the lasagne?
Dad: Oh just eat it you can't taste it anyway.

THEN Y U PUT IT IN?!

too. god. damn. true.

Procrastinator.

End Quote wrote:
People calling "Biology" "Bio"...

I mean is it that hard just to say "logy" and make some sense?

But...but its a normal thing to say in my country (Even the teachers do it)
Well I really dislike "What's wrong with you?!"
No there is nothing wrong with me and I was in a good mood until you ruined it.
"omg you're so good at drawing!" <-- mostly used comments in a place where I post my art that is not DA.
To be honest, I'm still not really good at it. And if you have time to type that out why don't you just give me critics instead to help me improve.
Also I hate it when my mom says "Why do you keep drawing? Having art as a career means you're gonna live as a poor person."
How do you know? I've seen many successful artists. And I don't think they're poor either.
Koishi x Flandre.

Previously Cardiovore

Golden Luxray wrote:

NO. NO, OKAY? JUST BECAUSE I DRAW, DOES NOT MEAN I WANT TO BE AN ARIST FOR MY JOB. ITS.A.HOOBIE. :zenitora:
=,= *mutter ramble mutter*

ah herm, sorry but does anyone else get this?

The story of my life. Captured spot-on.
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

it's a me... it's getting on my nerves

weird changed sayings like: cheer down, look in! and other stuff like that.

EDIT: oh yeah and the: It's a me thing that's going on on my school
really happy son of Franzika Von ehmpke5 and Toonblade
playful brother of bethanyann96, SomariFeyWright and Game Over

Yo Dawg!

I can't stand it when people say "Legit". Like if I show a hipster some of my art and he says "Oh man that's legit bro!" First off, legit sounds like a dumbass word. Second, it is short for legitimate, which means basically authentic or conforming to standards. Ergo he is basically saying that my artwork is authentic (of course it is I fucking drew it), or he is saying my art conforms to a social standard, and he will fail to realize that neither of those statements make sense.

Shake it up, baby, now, TWIST AND SHOUT!

Basically.

It adds nothing to any sentence ever. Take it out of any sentence you see or hear it used in and the meaning remains the same.
At best it's meaningless and lazy, at worst it's downright patronising.

Good 'til the last drop.

"What's up?"
What... what does it even mean? Does "up" represent the goings-on of the current moment? The world may never know...

And
"EPIC FAIL."
It was cool once upon a time. Maybe when I was in 8th grade. But come on, it's been 4 years. Nothing is epic or a fail anymore. And definitely not both together.
By Lind_L_Tailor^
Creator and head guy thing of the Ace Attorney Awards! Come vote to help end meaningless debates! With style. :butzthumbs:
:damon:
^^ Click The Gant!

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Not sure if it's been mentioned before and I'm way too lazy to check, but the word "like" is used in every sentence imaginable here in Southern California (not sure if it applies to North cal).

"He was like, she was like, I was like. Umm, like you know?" Stuff like that. I'd say it's a disease, since I do it all the time and I've tried my darndest to avoid using it but it's pretty difficult to get rid of :zenitora:
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Blak The Great wrote:
Not sure if it's been mentioned before and I'm way too lazy to check, but the word "like" is used in every sentence imaginable here in Southern California (not sure if it applies to North cal).

"He was like, she was like, I was like. Umm, like you know?" Stuff like that. I'd say it's a disease, since I do it all the time and I've tried my darndest to avoid using it but it's pretty difficult to get rid of :zenitora:

thats a true one,
"bruv, fam, toats, B, 'in'it."
and others onlong the lines of that only time i would say them is if ive taking the piss.

oh and "bear, peak." I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN, BUT THEY ANNOY ME.

Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!

"What's meant for you won't go by you."
No, saying, you have to make stuff meant for you, it's not just going to hand itself to you on a silver platter. This is meant to be motivatinal but it really isn't. It also implies that if something did go by you, it wasn't bad luck or your own fault for not taking it up, just that it wasn't meant to be.

Lack of sleep sucks...

Location: Between the Stairway to Heaven and the Highway to Hell.

Ah, geeze. I had this obnoxious teacher who every time we got off topic (which was every few seconds) he would say "Back to this now!"... We banned the saying from our group of friends.

U JELLY

ROFL, LOL, nyan, Weeaboo words, etc.

Also U JELLY used to annoy me so much that when I started using my current avatar I adopted that as my caption on every forum I go to. :godot:

I'm back except not really~

You know what I hate? Lame golf jokes/sayings. You hit ONE LAME PUTT and someone says, "Hey, nice shot, does your husband play?" Yes. I realize it was a girly putt. NOW WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FIST!?
I have proclaimed myself Sovereign of the 922 Universes. Because I can.

Godot made me a coffee addict...

I hate it when people say "A whole 'nother." It pisses me off.
I'm just a guy that can win ALL arguments thanks to a certain video game series...

Here for my yearly login

If I see one more person post on a website "Winner: Dark Souls", I may destroy this computer (Although the hotel may not like that...)
Signatures are hard...

Previously Cardiovore

Any recurring internet reference I don't recognise. Just automatically annoys me.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

I'm bad at puzzle solving..

Electroboy wrote:
“Yeah, but it's my opinion.” Oh God. This usually happens when I've given a ton of evidence against them. Even if I haven't, it's so annoying. When you make a statement or claim, and someone argues with it, you have to give evidence and back up your statement in response. It being your opinion means nothing.

Just found this on the first page, and I must agree! I once saw a banner saying 'Listen to the people who disagree with you and respect their opinion'. Respect their lies? No thanks.

Also: "Take a deep breath..."
Fuck off. Deep breaths don't do anything for me anymore since I've had to take so many in the past 7 years. Also, I hate it when people start saying stuff like: "She's lying!" I instantly facepalm, because THEY'RE the liars.

And whenever I sit, when I'm thinking, someone will come over to me and go: "What's wrong?" I have to say, "Nothing" all the time. And it's the SAME people who ask me this. Or, if they don't say what's wrong, it's: "Who did you fall out with this time?" Idiots. I only fall out with the bastards and bitches my class produce.
Professor Layton & The Lost Future. Best game ever.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

Objection!

My number one pet peeve is when someone asks me, "How's life?" It just seems so trite and uncaring.

I also hate when people call something "amazing", when it's something really simple. Like, someone calling a random picture of someone "amazing".

Gettin' Old!

Axmann8 wrote:
My number one pet peeve is when someone asks me, "How's life?" It just seems so trite and uncaring.

In my experience normally used when you see an old acquaintance, like a high school classmate later on.
The alternative is the *acknowledging nod* or blatantly ignoring you so I consider "How's life" kinda caring.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The cape is self-fluttering

Axmann8 wrote:
I also hate when people call something "amazing", when it's something really simple. Like, someone calling a random picture of someone "amazing".

Haha. I recall, back in one of my public speaking classes, a teacher ranting about this very thing. He told us to always be mindful of the adjectives we choose to describe something, the reason being that, if you came across something better, you would have to find something greater than "amazing" to describe it. To use your example, if you refer to a simple picture as "amazing," then what would you call a picture of a beach sunset, in which every color of the rainbow is in the sky, and birds are flying in a V formation across the sun, and the cameraman managed to capture a perfect wave and part of a dune, and so on? (True, you could probably call it "epic," but then you'd be lost if you came across something even greater.)
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

1000% Knight

Haven't been in here for a while, but I realized a new one: "There's a reason it's called a X," when the definition of the word has nothing to do with the etymology. For instance, say you go down a dark deserted alley for some reason, and when you reach the end a serial killer jumps out from the shadows and attacks you. If he said, "There's a reason it's called a 'dead end'." right before slashing your throat, that would be appropriate. But stuff like, "That's a reason it's called a test" make no sense.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Awesome_Cravat wrote:
"Calm down." - A sure fired way to wind anyone up quickly.

I know. My friends try to do it when I get angry but then I get furious when they say it. Also:

"Count to ten." Um... I count to ten. Nothing happens. Wtf.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

Previously Cardiovore

"Life's too short."
Gee, thanks for reminding me...
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Cardiovore wrote:
"Life's too short."
Gee, thanks for reminding me...

On a same vein to this, "Life isn't fair."
It's like, I know it isn't, but that's hardly an excuse to all the crap that's happening right now ¬¬

My childhood right here

Any New Years jokes. They piss me off.

The cape is self-fluttering

"Bonus points if..."

As in, I write something random and then say, "bonus points if you get x reference!" It seems to be showing up a lot more lately. (No... keep your bonus points. Now, if they could be used in place of currency, that'd be a different story.)
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Godot made me a coffee addict...

Another overused saying i hate are those "arrow to the knee" jokes. Some people make those jokes, even if they have never even heard of Skyrim. :zenitora:
I'm just a guy that can win ALL arguments thanks to a certain video game series...

Previously Cardiovore

Jetdude77 wrote:
Another overused saying i hate are those "arrow to the knee" jokes. Some people make those jokes, even if they have never even heard of Skyrim. :zenitora:

Had Skyrim for nearly a month and I've only heard that phrase about once so far. I'll never know how it caught on.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

- "Are you okay?" or "what's wrong?" - clearly anyone can see I'm upset! Please leave me alone and don't ask me why! If I want someone to know what was wrong I would have clearly said what was wrong. but since i haven't then mind your own business and go away.

My childhood right here

angels_gal wrote:
- "Are you okay?" or "what's wrong?" - clearly anyone can see I'm upset! Please leave me alone and don't ask me why! If I want someone to know what was wrong I would have clearly said what was wrong. but since i haven't then mind your own business and go away.

I ask what's wrong because I like to help people feel better. It makes me feel like less of a scumbag ;_;

angels_gal wrote:

I like sharing my troubles. If they ask "are you okay", I tell them "no" then explain my problem. If they say "What's wrong?" I explain my problem. Then I can get some emotional support and a bit of help regarding my problem.

Yes but to ask me that every other day? which is usually how often i'm upset or annoyed. but thankfully i don't have to worry about it anymore. I really don't mind if someone spills their troubles to me. :edgy:

:edgy: You guys are great. I'm the one who sounds like a scum bag......
Page 5 of 7 [ 259 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices