Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 19 of 39[ 1554 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 39  Next

Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

I'm fairly sure some asshole set off some kind of firework last night. Aside from waking me out of a rather decent sleep it left me anxious and unnerved the rest of the night.

Not a fan.

Louise wrote:
People who let off fireworks when it's not Bonfire Night or New Years Eve.

Oh my god, so sick of this too. I moved here from France in September, and back there you have to jump through a thousand hoops to launch your own, so I'm surprised and annoyed that seemingly any old random can just shoot off some terrible fireworks in their back garden. Especially at 4 in the afternoon while I'm trying to write essays :edgeworth:

The cape is self-fluttering

Louise wrote:
Sierra Mikain wrote:
Louise wrote:

Hahahha. Did someone let off fireworks in your area last night, Louise? Because they sure did in my town (fortunately, I was driving at the time, and the finale happened just as I passed it).

Our next door neighbours and a couple of people down the street have been fireworking it for about 4 nights now, tonight has been the most so far :grey:

Also omg I'd be terrified driving when fireworks are going off D:

Huh, that's kind of strange. There aren't any special holidays or events going on, are there?

As for me, it wasn't too bad. The fireworks were the professional kind, so it didn't really freak me out... I saw them long before I heard them, and I just kept getting closer until they started going off rapidly. I was more annoyed at the drivers who kept slowing down 20(mph) below the speed limit in BOTH lanes so that they could take in the view.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Louise wrote:

I clearly will remember how Helloween was this year, I'm for sure..

Some kids randomly decided to set up those really annoying loud fireworks and I was studying, god damn it. I really hate that when they make that so random.

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

The only special holiday coming up is Bonfire Night but it's not until the 5th so I don't know why people are trying to get the celebrations in early!!

Yeah unfortunately anyone over 18 can go and buy fireworks. Random shops reopen this time of the year just to sell them and you can even buy them with your groceries in places like Tesco.

I don't mind fireworks on the appropriate nights but letting them off randomly means you're not only disturbing your neighbours, but there are going to be people who didn't think they'd need to keep their pets indoors.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Ultimate Troll

I was at a Halloween party this weekend,and a guy threw a dick-shaped ballpoint pen at my chest.. ugh
Welcome.... to the velvet room...

ImageImage

Our friends in Paradiso are far too quiet...

SquareMelonBread wrote:
I was at a Halloween party this weekend,and a guy threw a dick-shaped ballpoint pen at my chest.. ugh

"Ewwww! I touched it! Now that means I'm gay/straight!" (depending on your gender) yell that and make yourself sound horrified. It will either shock them or make them laugh.

Quote:
I don't mind fireworks on the appropriate nights but letting them off randomly means you're not only disturbing your neighbours, but there are going to be people who didn't think they'd need to keep their pets indoors.

Seriously, you guys have no laws against no fireworks on regular days? Or don't have the non-emergency number for the Police for disturbance of peace?

C-A

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Tumblr SJWs, transtrenders, and special snowflakes. Reading their stuff gives me headaches, and they lash out by being just as offensive as the people they believe are oppressive.

MBr wrote:
Tumblr SJWs, transtrenders, and special snowflakes. Reading their stuff gives me headaches, and they lash out by being just as offensive as the people they believe are oppressive.

Well, your first mistake was going on Tumblr :godot:

I don't know who coined the term "transtrenders" but I like it.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I went there to follow Ace Attorney blogs. The fandom's great.

Just need to stay away from the black hole of tumblr.

MBr wrote:
I went there to follow Ace Attorney blogs. The fandom's great.

Just need to stay away from the black hole of tumblr.

True. I don't follow much on Tumblr outside of AAA, friends, and the occasional featured AA-themed blog.

...NAILED IT

The Ace Attorney fandom on Tumblr is actually pretty good. Probably one of the only decent fandoms on the site. I myself am on Tumblr although I only use it to follow a few blogs and post my artwork.

Outside of a few blogs in a few fandoms, though, Tumblr is a blackhole and yes -- it rubs me up the wrong way from time to time.

I'll tell you something else that is completely unrelated. With November here, the whole of the UK is setting off fireworks left, right and centre. For hours into the night. Worse still, I have a huge green field at the back of my house where everyone goes to set off their fireworks. It is so... ugh!

November = Bombfire Month.
Art created by myself, check out:
Tumblr - DeviantART - Archive of Our Own

Ace Explorer

MBr wrote:

If I was more eloquent, I could write an entire essay on that. Because I agree so much that it hurts.

I think JonTron said it best: "It's not social justice when you become the new bully."
Well? Are we going or what?

In Justice We Trust

That tends to be the way it is with sufficiently passionate elements in any issue. Got a fire-and-brimstone fundamentalist's video about how all non-believers are going to "BURN IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY [emphasis theirs]?" You can be sure that there are plenty of hostile-toward-religion atheists in the comments section (assuming the comments section is open) calling theists stupid for believing in an "invisible sky tyrant."
I'll always love you, Max.

CatMuto wrote:
Seriously, you guys have no laws against no fireworks on regular days? Or don't have the non-emergency number for the Police for disturbance of peace?

C-A

According to the gov website you can only buy them at certain times of the year but says nothing about setting them off except you can't do it between 11pm-7am (apart from the obvious special occasions).

Alonso Swift wrote:
MBr wrote:

If I was more eloquent, I could write an entire essay on that. Because I agree so much that it hurts.

I think JonTron said it best: "It's not social justice when you become the new bully."

I'm always suspicious of someone who publicly -- and loudly -- documents every perceived persecution that comes their way, especially when it goes on for a long time. And that also goes for any overzealous crusader fighting in someone else's stead.

...NAILED IT

High level play

General Luigi wrote:
My statement about hate speech and harassment was simply an acknowledgement that some places have laws restricting such language. I was neither condemning nor condoning those policies.

You are the embodiment of political correctness GL. I can respect this answer though. It's an almost completely grey zone with heavy subjective influences.

General Luigi wrote:
That tends to be the way it is with sufficiently passionate elements in any issue. Got a fire-and-brimstone fundamentalist's video about how all non-believers are going to "BURN IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY [emphasis theirs]?" You can be sure that there are plenty of hostile-toward-religion atheists in the comments section (assuming the comments section is open) calling theists stupid for believing in an "invisible sky tyrant."

Yeah that's the way thing go in comments sections. What exactly bothers you about this though? The fact that people are saying pretty nasty stuff about each other anonymous over the internet or that the same debate gets repeated with the same arguments over and over?
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

People who let their dogs shit on the pavement and then don't bin it. Like, what the fuck is wrong with you.

I've come so close to trodding in turds pretty much every day this week I'm not impressed.

Louise wrote:
People who let their dogs shit on the pavement and then don't bin it. Like, what the fuck is wrong with you.

I've come so close to trodding in turds pretty much every day this week I'm not impressed.

One good thing about living at my current place is that notices go up about that kind of thing. Unfortunately, it also invites everyone else to play Big Brother and snap a photo of the perpetrator. But at least there are consequences for the offending party.

...NAILED IT

In Justice We Trust

Anyone who fails to clean up after his/her dog on public property should have to walk around in shoes filled with his/her dog's poop for an hour.

...Speaking of cleaning up after non-human animals I live with, I just remembered that I haven't cleaned out the litter boxes today.

Nymeria wrote:
Louise wrote:

One good thing about living at my current place is that notices go up about that kind of thing. Unfortunately, it also invites everyone else to play Big Brother and snap a photo of the perpetrator. But at least there are consequences for the offending party.

Wouldn't this lead to the photographer being sued for misuse of image/a person's image taken without their express permission and/or knowledge?

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Ugh I wish companies took down their pages for job applications after they'd shut down. Dad sent me one that was what I wanted to do and actually comparatively local...except I found out it had shut in October. Since then I've seen about 3 or 4 other good jobs I'd like to apply for except they have all been closed from a while ago. It just gets my hopes up when they leave their webpages for these jobs around.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Rude owners and employees, especially when your one of their god customers yet they treat you like crap. Specifically this anime store called ImageAnime. I go there once in a blue moon now since they take advantage of prices and I found a website that ships from Japan and give good sales and discounts. The customer service there is terrible especially from the owner and his wife.

Why not tell them to fuck their business and learn some proper customer service so people won't opt for other websites? Lay it on them.

C-A

I just don't shop from them anymore only if it's convenient or something cheap. Also sometimes they sell shitty figures like for example I brought Dawn a figure the weekend for $40 and a Luffy figure for myself for $35 and when we got home and opened her figure the paint job on her figure wasn't that great and like ink from the blue parts of the figure were over some other parts.

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

Protestors who think the best way to get back at the man is destroy their community and the lives of people not even connected to what they're protesting. :dahlia:

In Justice We Trust

And then there are the outsiders who look at the rioters and make generalizations about not just them, but pretty much any group they can connect the rioters--but not themselves--to. The whole thing's a huge mess. There are definite problems that need to be addressed, but rioting isn't the way to go about doing it. Of course, that's not even taking into account how it's just a part of a much broader problem rather than exclusively a reaction to a single incident. Or am I misinterpreting your post by assuming the Michael Brown case and the related riots are what led you to make your comment?

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

Alot of this has recently shown due to black friday

but how people are so consumed by materialism I mean death and violence over items that havnt really had price cuts they at a lower price from the already 70% mark up :O

Most of the time it prob for things people don't even need they just want.
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Another Tumblr pet peeve of mine: When somebody is found to be racist or sexist, there's always comments of people spamming their inboxes. So you plan to fight hate with more hate? I'll unfollow Ace Attorney blogs that post crap like this.

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

MBr wrote:
Another Tumblr pet peeve of mine: When somebody is found to be racist or sexist, there's always comments of people spamming their inboxes. So you plan to fight hate with more hate? I'll unfollow Ace Attorney blogs that post crap like this.

Such is the way of the Tumblr SJW. :meekins:

You know, a Mario game!

That's just one of the many reasons I stay the hell away from tumblr. That place is a trash bin for the worst of humanity.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

I've felt worse.

dimentiorules wrote:
That's just one of the many reasons I stay the hell away from tumblr. That place is a trash bin for the worst of humanity.

tumblr is like fan fiction: 90% of it is shit, 9% of it is just unremarkable, and 1% of it is really good.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

dimentiorules wrote:

You don't know how to use tumblr properly because I rarely see fan fiction on my tumblr dash. It all depends on who you follow and who they follow. For me I mostly get on my dash is anime gifs and the occasional Hentai gifs :basil:

In Justice We Trust

You know what really grinds my gears? People leaving shopping carts in the middle of the parking lot. I know it's a little thing, but it just drives me nuts. It's just like littering, in my opinion, but with an object that can obstruct parking spaces and easily leave some unsightly scratches or dents on my car (or worse) if I hit it. I can't speak for everywhere, but where I'm from, if there's a store that uses shopping carts, there is always at least one area in the parking lot set aside for used shopping carts. It's not that long of a walk, especially considering how much walking you probably did in the store. I've seen stray shopping carts left just one parking space away from the repository, for crying out loud!

Oh yeah, those are a bane for retail workers' existence. It's annoying, especially since, well, with the big shopping stores, they have a huge parking lot and multiple of those stations to bring carts back. Seems like parents shopping are the ones who also do not enjoy bringing the cart back: cause then they have to either leave the kid in the car alone (which is illegal in some states apparently) or take the kid with the cart to the station, take the kid out and then go back to the car... or dumber variations of the last one, since they don't think that variation really works.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Oh yeah, those are a bane for retail workers' existence. It's annoying, especially since, well, with the big shopping stores, they have a huge parking lot and multiple of those stations to bring carts back. Seems like parents shopping are the ones who also do not enjoy bringing the cart back: cause then they have to either leave the kid in the car alone (which is illegal in some states apparently) or take the kid with the cart to the station, take the kid out and then go back to the car... or dumber variations of the last one, since they don't think that variation really works.

C-A

Yeah it'd be especially awkward if the kid in question couldn't walk yet.You'd have to take a pram and the trolley along simultaneously (which would be very awkward to control) to the stop and transfer the kid over.

Though where I live folks in retail are sometimes given specific duties to retrieve trolleys. Folks will literally be told "Watch out for trolleys for an hour" while on their shift and I imagine they'd enjoy it well enough as it gets them out of the shop, away from the eyes of management and some fresh air (unless it's pouring it down obviously).
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

No, if the kid can't walk yet, you carry it back to the car. Easy.
Also, there are people who are specifically hired just for the shopping carts. And quite honestly, YES, it's annoying as fuck to go check every hour, or more frequently on weekends, to see if any lazy and entitled asshole left the cart in a place it shouldn't, likely blocking a parking space where some other entitled asshole will run into the cart cause, fuck it, he wants that space and THEN sues the shop for damaging his car.
Seriously, that job is about as dumb to have as the gift wrapper around christmas. (Wrap your own goddamn presents, especially if you want it to be a surprise!)

C-A

High level play

General Luigi wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? People leaving shopping carts in the middle of the parking lot. I know it's a little thing, but it just drives me nuts. It's just like littering, in my opinion, but with an object that can obstruct parking spaces and easily leave some unsightly scratches or dents on my car (or worse) if I hit it. I can't speak for everywhere, but where I'm from, if there's a store that uses shopping carts, there is always at least one area in the parking lot set aside for used shopping carts. It's not that long of a walk, especially considering how much walking you probably did in the store. I've seen stray shopping carts left just one parking space away from the repository, for crying out loud!

Doesn't that cost money? Here we have an universal system where you can chain all shopping carts together. To undo the lock you need to push 50 cents into the lock. When you lock the cart back up at the repository you're able to take out the 50 cents again. It's pretty rare to see carts hanging around in the Netherlands.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

You know, a Mario game!

General Luigi wrote:

At some stores here in Canada, that is such a problem that the stores have steel poles attached to the shopping carts that are too tall to be removed from the store, thus making you have to take your shopping bags to the car by hand. It's kinda annoying, but it gets rid of the problem, I guess. Keep in mind this is only some stores here in Canada, not all of them.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Yes, most of the stores have shopping carts where you can only unlock them from another if you input 50 cents, 1 or 2 euro pieces (some only take the latter, some only the former) although there are ways to circumvent things. My mother has a shopping token that is silver and she would technically not lose money. Then again, my mother cleans the cart up.

C-A
Page 19 of 39 [ 1554 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 39  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices