Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 23 of 39[ 1554 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 39  Next

Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title

Ace Pointer wrote:
Still, most fools buy "Mature-Rated" games for their kids. :yogi:

I know there are idiots out there who actually buy this stuff for their kids. Don't these people SEE what is on the cover? Or the back cover? Just LOOK at the cover from that picture. Does that look like something a kid should watch?

Heck, one time, a woman was in front of me with a 10-ish year old kid and buying, I think, Batman for 16+. I mention-mumbled that it's for 16+ and she snapped at me that she had a 16+ year old son at home. I just shrugged. Honey, it's okay that you HAVE an older son at home - that doesn't mean the younger kid ISN'T gonna play the game.

My brother played Freedom Fighters when he was old enough and I watched him. Sometimes, I played the game myself despite being too young for it. (Didn't play a lot of it, it bored me and I don't really care for shooters)

C-A

Winter Flag Trademark

Quote:
Honey, it's okay that you HAVE an older son at home - that doesn't mean the younger kid ISN'T gonna play the game.

Exactly. Sometimes, thanks to those bumbling idiots, the younglings are soon going to either ask for borrowing the game, or "borrow" the game themselves when the actual owner of the game (no, I don't mean developer) is not around. Result? They'll end up playing the game.

Speaking of which, the photo you've posted here... that boy has a H-Game in his hand, doesn't he? He has no idea that it's not suitable for him, despite the one who bought it for him. Now thanks to the one who bought it, that boy's Innocence will get destroyed. I guess most people just ignore these Age Safety Ratings nowadays... :shy:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Ace Pointer wrote:
Speaking of which, the photo you've posted here... that boy has a H-Game in his hand, doesn't he? He has no idea that it's not suitable for him, despite the one who bought it for him. Now thanks to the one who bought it, that boy's Innocence will get destroyed. I guess most people just ignore these Age Safety Ratings nowadays... :shy:

It's an anime, not a game. La Blue Girl Returns. It's a sequel to La Blue Girl, which is just plain hentai. I've watched it - and the previous one. It's... hentai. Plain and simple. Though I think La Blue Girl Returns was WORSE because it also had a really disgusting part in it... basically, genital mutilation. You don't SEE it, but a woman is said to have bitten off the member of a demon who was posing as her lover. (Also swallowed it)

Even if I wasn't a vegetarian, that scene would've made me gag.

And I have to admit: can't feel too sorry for the kid, but that's mostly cause I was probably broken in terms of innocence as a kid early on myself, so... I have difficulty seeing the extension of the damage.

C-A

Alexander James

That's sad, he'll grow up as a pure-blooded pervert for eternity.
If all of them are happy, then I shall be happy too.

The end of nonsense is near.

Winter Flag Trademark

Guess what? This Post is DELETED.

You know, a Mario game!

My mother used to buy M rated games for me when I was was as young as 6. She simply didn't stop to check the rating. It's stupid, yes, but I don't believe that violent games instantly cause kids to commit crimes, either. Heck, one of the first games I ever played when I was 4 or 5 was Mortal Kombat Trilogy, yet I grew up to be a pacifist.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
My mother used to buy M rated games for me when I was was as young as 6. She simply didn't stop to check the rating. It's stupid, yes, but I don't believe that violent games instantly cause kids to commit crimes, either. Heck, one of the first games I ever played when I was 4 or 5 was Mortal Kombat Trilogy, yet I grew up to be a pacifist.

I don't think videogames cause a kid to become violent, either. I'm the opposite, I say a kid that becomes violent had an issue with itself EARLIER.

C-A

Winter Flag Trademark

Come to think of it, I did played M-Related games when I was little. But after I was 11-12 years old, I threw them all away. Seriously, I don't think I could handle all that bloodshed or violence. Come on man, what's the good point on murdering poor civilians and stuff? Sometimes I think if these games are responsible for the murders occuring in real life or something. :nick-sweat:

Ace Pointer wrote:
Come to think of it, I did played M-Related games when I was little. But after I was 11-12 years old, I threw them all away. Seriously, I don't think I could handle all that bloodshed or violence. Come on man, what's the good point on murdering poor civilians and stuff? Sometimes I think if these games are responsible for the murders occuring in real life or something. :nick-sweat:

Well there are games that have murders be influenced or reference a real killing... and then you have idiots who decide to copy what a game is copying, meaning they are copying a killing that the game is copying that occured in real life, so then... killing-ception? :eh?:

C-A

No,videogames don't directly cause violence.My mother knows I play M rated videogames,and doesn't have a problem with it since she knows I'm not crazy or stupid enough to try imitating any of that.If anyone truly murdered someone else by copying something from a videogame,then they obviously had some mental issues to begin with.
Signature loading, please wait...

Gettin' Old!

It's most likely just a matter of news bias.

If people play violent video games and don't go on to murder people that's befitting the norm therefore it doesn't get reported and therefore people overlook it.

When people do play violent video games and commit horrible acts there's nothing to say the video game is necessarily at fault but it's easy evidence for papers to latch onto.

Basically regular life doesn't often get reported...in the world of people who play violent video games for every bad case there's plenty of regular folks who just enjoy games to the point there's not really a case for it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

That's the issue. The news always latches onto the FEW and then ruin it for the MANY.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
That's the issue. The news always latches onto the FEW and then ruin it for the MANY.

C-A

That's the news in a nutshell. They first concern isn't about honest reporting, it's whatever will make their viewership increase. Their reactions to mass killings are especially groan-worthy.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Winter Flag Trademark

Funny that DoMaya isn't shouting "異議あり!" yet.

Those who don't know japanese, it's "Igiari!".

Ace Pointer wrote:
Funny that DoMaya isn't shouting "異議あり!" yet.

Those who don't know japanese, it's "Igiari!".

Even if I didn't know Japanese, out of pure logic, I'd figure it was Igiari... :ron:

C-A

Winter Flag Trademark

You know what really grinds my gears? This "That One" meme. Seriously, what's the point on using this two worded statement rapidly on their titles, usernames and even in sigs as well!? I seriously don't get the freaking sole point of using these words. How important do you think it even looks like, that if you don't use it, the world would end!?

Even though, I admit. I did used that once. But that was just once! One means one. No other times. Nowadays people seem to adore just a stupid statement and look it in a bigger eye. Like, I saw many people using this stupid statement for EVERY SINGLE FREAKING DAMN THING! Just what the hell is with this stupid crap?

Alexander James

How ironic, that one girl who seems to hate "That One" meme.
Well, I don't see anyone here using that meme, I really can't relate to that. Sorry :yogi:

Winter Flag Trademark

Just explore CR a little more, and you'll find at least two people using "That One" meme/joke/whatever. For example, there's been two people with the name, "ThatOneFriend", "ThatOneJimmy", etc etc. They all have "that one" meme plastered on them.

Especially the first one almost tempted me to ban him, since he posted a spam in a thread before.

Last edited by Mayu Igiyooki on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alexander James

Besides, I don't see how annoying it is. I've seen memes way more annoying.

Gettin' Old!

Ace Pointer wrote:
Just explore CR a little more, and you'll find at least two people using "That One" meme/joke/whatever. For example, there's been two people with the name, "ThatOneFriend", "ThatOneJimmy", etc etc. They all have "that one" meme plastered on them.

Especially the first one almost tempted me to ban him, since he posted a spam in a thread before.

Hmm if you feel that way perhaps it's time that Ace Attorney's disarmed and the ban hammer privileges were removed since the Bot Wars have ended.

Though what is this "That One" meme I've never actually heard of it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

You know what really grinds my gears? Romance stories that seem to never have consensual sex.

Rape fantasies are okay to have, as long as you are fully aware that they are fantasies and would never lead to anything, except what is going on in your head. But don't have two people having sex and one of them does not come across as liking it and SELL IT AS ROMANCE! Or romantic! And please, stop using words as "invading" the recipient's body or "slamming into [them]". It doesn't SOUND romantic, it doesn't feel romantic if you think what slamming into actually means and it definitely does not make me think these two people are actually in love and both parties are 100% on board with this.

And for the love of god, if you don't know what Rape Fantasies are DON'T WRITE ANY TYPE OF ROMANCE OR SEX!

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

You know what really grinds my gears? Campaign commercials that do nothing but bash the presenter's opposition, and don't say anything about what the presenting party will do for the country. Sometimes, they don't even say who the campaign commercial is endorsed by! I realize that in the US, you're required to say "I'm X, and I approve this message", but here in Canada there is no requirement for anything like that! These people that only focus on bashing their opposition instead of saying the good things that their party will do to help just sickens me. It's like they know they have no leg to stand on so they spend the entire thing just making the other party look bad! This is why I can't stand politics.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

High level play

CatMuto wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? Romance stories that seem to never have consensual sex.

Rape fantasies are okay to have, as long as you are fully aware that they are fantasies and would never lead to anything, except what is going on in your head. But don't have two people having sex and one of them does not come across as liking it and SELL IT AS ROMANCE! Or romantic! And please, stop using words as "invading" the recipient's body or "slamming into [them]". It doesn't SOUND romantic, it doesn't feel romantic if you think what slamming into actually means and it definitely does not make me think these two people are actually in love and both parties are 100% on board with this.

And for the love of god, if you don't know what Rape Fantasies are DON'T WRITE ANY TYPE OF ROMANCE OR SEX!

C-A

how the f*** does that even work?

let's get undressed.
No!
(both get undressed)
*commence foreplay
Do you like that?
No!
*get on with the main act
Oh, this is really great!
No! stop!
* It's over
did you like it?
guess I did
(it wasn't a rape fantasy right?)
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Winter Flag Trademark

Pierre wrote:
Ace Pointer wrote:

Hmm if you feel that way perhaps it's time that Ace Attorney's disarmed and the ban hammer privileges were removed since the Bot Wars have ended.

Though what is this "That One" meme I've never actually heard of it.

I didn't even known either, this was the first time I ever seen being spread in the webs like some sort of a meme.

Sjibbey wrote:
how the f*** does that even work?

let's get undressed.
No!
(both get undressed)
*commence foreplay
Do you like that?
No!
*get on with the main act
Oh, this is really great!
No! stop!
* It's over
did you like it?
guess I did
(it wasn't a rape fantasy right?)

No, see, they just suddenly are overcome with passion, even when they didn't want to have sex at first. Or some other stupid stuff like that. I mean, I don't mind rape being used in fiction... as long as it is supposed to be seen as rape. Like, majority of GhirahimxLink fanfiction I see that is smut, you can bet that Ghirahim will eventually rape Link - and there I don't mind, because it's supposed to be rape. And it's very in-character for Ghirahim to do that.

But when they sell it as romance... it just feels off. Like they're condoning rape with stupid excuses like "She enjoyed it, so it's not rape". (In Ghiralink cases, I have seen where it's rape, but Link enjoys it - bodily function after all - but it's still not supposed to be really seen as romantic. Again, there, it's okay to use it like that. But not "I raped you, now you are in love with me")

C-A

Alexander James

Go watch Bokura ga Ita and maybe you'll change your mind...

AJtheprogrammer wrote:
Go watch Bokura ga Ita and maybe you'll change your mind...

If it's a comedy series, I don't take anything seriously.

And you honestly cannot make me think Rape = Ok or Romantic.

C-A

Alexander James

Bokura ga Ita is just your normal romance anime.

AJtheprogrammer wrote:
Bokura ga Ita is just your normal romance anime.

Still. Rape =/= Romantic and it has no place in Romance.
No, I don't count "Tsundere - Jerk" characters as raping each other, but I hate those characters, anyway, so still no.

C-A

In Justice We Trust

I can't help but worry that at least one actual rape has happened because of those kinds of stories. Failure to resist is not the same as giving consent, and I worry that the kinds of stories you're talking about tacitly promote the opposite message (i. e. that failure to resist is as good as explicit consent). Someone convinced that that is the case could very well end up committing rape while fully believing that it was consensual sex.
I'll always love you, Max.

General Luigi wrote:
I can't help but worry that at least one actual rape has happened because of those kinds of stories. Failure to resist is not the same as giving consent, and I worry that the kinds of stories you're talking about tacitly promote the opposite message (i. e. that failure to resist is as good as explicit consent). Someone convinced that that is the case could very well end up committing rape while fully believing that it was consensual sex.

Absolutely. And worst part is if the writer doesn't realize or refuses to admit that that is the message they are conveying. Look at Stephenie Meyer and EL James - both seem to think that emotionally abusive and manipulative relationships are wonderful, while the latter also has Grey rape Anastasia several times (once was flat out rape, the other times he verbally or emotionally manipulated her into semi-consenting... or flat out ignores when she says "No, I can't do this now...") and vehemently refuses to any complaint or comment that it's an abusive relationship.

This pisses me off so much... We are creating a Rape Culture! :dahlia:

C-A

Alexander James

Rape culture has already existed, even before these stuff existed.
We cannot do anything about it, it's just a bad part of the cycle of life.

I've felt worse.

AJtheprogrammer wrote:

Rape culture implies the majority of society actively condones and allows rape. Humans today aren't that stupid/evil.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Alexander James

Quote:
No, see, they just suddenly are overcome with passion, even when they didn't want to have sex at first. Or some other stupid stuff like that. I mean, I don't mind rape being used in fiction... as long as it is supposed to be seen as rape. Like, majority of GhirahimxLink fanfiction I see that is smut, you can bet that Ghirahim will eventually rape Link - and there I don't mind, because it's supposed to be rape. And it's very in-character for Ghirahim to do that.

But when they sell it as romance... it just feels off. Like they're condoning rape with stupid excuses like "She enjoyed it, so it's not rape". (In Ghiralink cases, I have seen where it's rape, but Link enjoys it - bodily function after all - but it's still not supposed to be really seen as romantic. Again, there, it's okay to use it like that. But not "I raped you, now you are in love with me")

I know that it doesn't make sense. But really, it's entertainment. We can't blame them for doing so.
I know that it feels off and absolutely unrealistic, but this ACTUALLY happens in real life. Not that I banged someone or happened to be the victim, but I've seen many cases of this. In our place, it usually happens to teenagers.

It's influential, and it's bad.
Even Boku no Pico doesn't do that kind of thing.

It's sad that this world fails to see the difference between 'love' and 'rape', but there's nothing we can do.

Winter Flag Trademark

What, are we talking about Sexual Violence or something?

AJtheprogrammer wrote:
It's sad that this world fails to see the difference between 'love' and 'rape', but there's nothing we can do.

Approved. However, some... about very few people can understand the difference between romance and violent sexual behavior.

sumguy28 wrote:
AJtheprogrammer wrote:

Rape culture implies the majority of society actively condones and allows rape. Humans today aren't that stupid/evil.

They don't allow it, but they are inclined to not take it as seriously as it is. There is still a lot of victim-blaming going on when someone is raped and books like these just tell people (yes, it tells the idiots of humanity, but then I have learned that a big part of humanity is idiots) that rape in a relationship is okay, that it's romantic. They even use trigger warnings or just warning signs that something is about to happen and brush them off or display them as nothing but "passion" that can't be held when you're ABSOLUTELY TOTALLY IN LUV!!

Quote:
I know that it doesn't make sense. But really, it's entertainment. We can't blame them for doing so.

Like I said, I have nothing against rape fantasies - IF THEY STAY FANTASIES!
If someone doesn't know the difference between fantasies and reality, they are very dangerous and I would avoid the shit out of them.

C-A

Winter Flag Trademark

However, there's just one thing I couldn't freaking believe: Are everyone suggesting that if there's relationship, there'll be raping or sexual violence? I mean. It even happens without being in relationship sometimes too. In other words, abusing a random person.

Alexander James

So, if it's just rape fantasies, it's acceptable?
Either way, it's still offensive for me.
Rape is something we DEFINITELY don't want to talk about. Fantasies or not, it doesn't matter.

I don't see any need for further rant on this inappropriate topic.

AJtheprogrammer wrote:
So, if it's just rape fantasies, it's acceptable?

As long as it's a fantasy that you don't wave around in public about, yes. I mean, people imagine all sorts of stuff to get themselves off and majority of that stuff is something they'd never, ever do for realzies. I, for example, have a terrible, disgusting idea that Tifa and Cloud have sexual relations with Denzel and Marlene - yes, the kids are underage, yes, it's absolutely illegal and a horrifying idea. (Not liking the characters helps in making me think up disgusting ideas)

Sure, I may imagine something like that - but I am not ever going to sexually touch a kid.

Or, away from sexual ideas, the fantasy of punching whoever bugs you in the face. Unlikely to happen in real life, but you can still think it just to amuse yourself. Or appease yourself, if you're angry.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
They don't allow it, but they are inclined to not take it as seriously as it is.

Is that why people are saying that men can't be raped? That women can't rape? That male authors who write about teens are automatically child rapists? And allowing any rape accusation, whether it be true or not, to be made public even before the accused is charged, letting the media run wild with it and ruin their life regardless if they did it or not?
Page 23 of 39 [ 1554 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 39  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices