Page 38 of 39[ 1554 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title

Why not just take notes during class?

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Apollo4Justice wrote:
What really grinds my gears is when my teacher keeps putting homework files in a format that no one can open, even after our class told the teacher this doesn't work multiple times and days, and as a result, we can't even read it, we have to remember it exactly from class. :sadshoe:

Seems like poor teaching to me if he's not facilitating your access to resources.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:
I swear,I've seen some shorts which are smaller than underwear. What's e point then? Don't even bother wearing shorts at that point.

I hate wearing shorts myself. It's a bit of a long story. Mainly has to do with my right kneecap

I actually like wearing shorts, but I hate it when they're so short even a pair of underwear is better than them.
I've got several pairs of good shorts, though. They're long and loose and comfortable. I even have not-provocative polo tops and crap like that. And yeah, it does kind of suck that shorts will never protect your kneecap in the instance you stack your bike. I had at least three accidents where I got an unholy gash on my knee. That is why I wear capris. Because they offer better protection. I'm just sick of underwear shorts and short/see-through/sleeveless/wide-as-hell-so-one-can-see-your-breasts tops. You might as well just walk around in a bikini because for all I know, modesty is overrated.
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/

Every Puzzle has an answer.

You know what really Grinds my Gears? Nostalgia freaks, is what i'll call them. This is especially an issue in Pokémon, sometimes in fire emblem too, but I can kind of agree with some of those people.

Basically, those people who like the first fewer games of the franchise, like Pokémon red and blue only (in the extreme case), or the first few games after that, but on every game after that one, they always find something wrong with it, and just... they complain about it to the rest of the community, which really makes me mad, since I'm the kind of person who always tries to look positively at the things a game does.
It's a gentleman's duty to help a lady in need.

Michelaar wrote:
You know what really Grinds my Gears? Nostalgia freaks, is what i'll call them. This is especially an issue in Pokémon, sometimes in fire emblem too, but I can kind of agree with some of those people.

Basically, those people who like the first fewer games of the franchise, like Pokémon red and blue only (in the extreme case), or the first few games after that, but on every game after that one, they always find something wrong with it, and just... they complain about it to the rest of the community, which really makes me mad, since I'm the kind of person who always tries to look positively at the things a game does.

All the games had their ups and downs. The first two generations were good because they had a straightforward plot and real rivals, who you can even name. But in Gen 1, the sprites were kinda messy and badly drawn, with Gen 2 cleaning up the mess. Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald had some really weird graphics, but they had a few badass designs. Gen 4 is my favourite so far, with cool graphics and stuff. Gen 5 didn't have a lot of good designs, but the legendaries were awesome and there were still some pretty good designs, like Pawniard and Bisharp. In Gen 6, they had some cool designs, great level curve, Mega Evolutions, and, of course, TRAINER CUSTOMISATION!!! But it still had some flaws.

Gen 1 will never be perfect, and Gen 7 won't be completely rubbish. Nostalgia is good, and it's okay to like old things. I like Gen 2. But I agree with you. Don't rubbish newer stuff in favour of older stuff just because of nostalgia.

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I hate Nostalgia in general, hence I never allow myself to fall into that nostalgic feeling trap. I may have it, but I always make sure to remind myself of the flaws of whatever I am looking at. Gen I for Pokémon had weird designs, a huge mistake in the code that overpowered psychic and was pretty... eh, boring in terms of plot, I'd guess. Gen II felt mostly like a rehash of Gen I, with the addition of actually going to Kanto, too.

Gen III had obnoxious and dumb villains; Gen IV still doesn't quite make sense to me (I blame Cyrus); Gen V tried to do the series anew and had some cool parts, but...; Gen VI had some cool aspects, including trainer customization, but a shit villain; Gen VII... focuses too much on Lillie and barely has any sense in its 'villain plot'.

C-A

Oh, man. I have a bunch, but I'll reduce.

You know what really grinds my gears? Stupid social norms.
Like, why are these a thing? Why do we need small talk? Why can't we put elbows on the table? Why do we have to write thank you notes when we can just thank them in person? Why is it socially unacceptable to eat or go out alone? And gender norms. UGH. Just... why are any of these in place

You know what also really grinds my gears? Using religion as an excuse to discriminate.
I don't just mean Christians here. Is there any other purpose to this other than "It's God's (Or whoever's) will?" In my opinion, at least, it's not a valid reason. We are not living in the middle ages here!!!!

You know what SERIOUSLY grinds my gears? Favoritism towards sports over the arts.
Like... why? Why is this a thing? Like, you could get a high paying career in a sport if you're good enough, but once you're done, you're done. If you're in the arts, even if you're past your prime, you can go with another approach if you wanted. Sure, competitiveness can help you, while you're young, but the arts allow creativity, innovation, and many other skills that people can use THROUGHOUT THEIR LIVES. WHERE IS THE LOGIC IN THIS?!!!

ProsecutorPRose wrote:
Oh, man. I have a bunch, but I'll reduce.

You know what really grinds my gears? Stupid social norms.
Like, why are these a thing? Why do we need small talk? Why can't we put elbows on the table? Why do we have to write thank you notes when we can just thank them in person? Why is it socially unacceptable to eat or go out alone? And gender norms. UGH. Just... why are any of these in place

You know what also really grinds my gears? Using religion as an excuse to discriminate.
I don't just mean Christians here. Is there any other purpose to this other than "It's God's (Or whoever's) will?" In my opinion, at least, it's not a valid reason. We are not living in the middle ages here!!!!

You know what SERIOUSLY grinds my gears? Favoritism towards sports over the arts.
Like... why? Why is this a thing? Like, you could get a high paying career in a sport if you're good enough, but once you're done, you're done. If you're in the arts, even if you're past your prime, you can go with another approach if you wanted. Sure, competitiveness can help you, while you're young, but the arts allow creativity, innovation, and many other skills that people can use THROUGHOUT THEIR LIVES. WHERE IS THE LOGIC IN THIS?!!!

I agree with you on all three on so many levels.
I have no idea what small talk is, why not just talk normally. Elbows on the table? I don't think it's impolite, but probably not very practical since I hardly do it anyway. To me, it's not rude to psychically point fingers as it can be used as a signal. Going out alone is fine because sometimes you're by yourself and yeah... Social norms, especially gender norms, are fine when they're practical (e.g. don't spill your milk) but when they start to become impractical or restrictive, I nearly always break them. Religious norms... yeah, I hate them. I also hate religious fatalism.

There's a lot more I could say, but I won't put it here. But seriously, that stuff grinds my gears as well!

Happy Maria

I think small talk is just a prelude,to get the person you're talking to to open up.

I love walking alone myself, thou that's maybe because I've been a lone wolf for the majority of my life.

The Real Human Being

You know what really grinds my gears?
Public bathrooms.
I've been homeless once or twice in my life, and I've had to use a LOT of different bathrooms.
This is directed at my fellow men, if you need to piss, use the urinal, and if you NEED to use the toilet, for christ's sake raise the lid.
I can count on my hand the times I've been able to go into a public bathroom in the middle of the day, needing to take a shit, and actually found the seat not covered in piss.
Is your dick so tiny that you can't hold it to aim? Are you so ashamed of yourself that you NEED to be in an enclosed space to piss? On the off chance that someone walks by trying to see your dick?
We have a designated shitting place, and a designated pissing place, learn the difference or I will fucking use your face to wipe my ass.

But there is one thing, ONE FUCKING THING that pisses me off MORE THAN ANYTHING when it comes to public restrooms.

If the bathroom, is a one person bathroom, and you hear a knock, say "occupied!"
EVERY time I go into a single person bathroom I knock, EVERY FUCKING TIME.
Not some lady tap-tap knock either, a full KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.
And I have had maybe THREE times where the person inside said something.
But every other time.
Every
other
fucking
time.

Nothing, the person inside says absolutely fucking nothing.
So I go to open the door, assuming it's empty.
The handle won't move.
In that second, my rage goes from 0 to fucking BONKERS.

You are punishing me for being polite by making me feel like an idiot by trying to go into an occupied bathroom.
I am not going to lie.
More than once, on my bad days, I have pounded on the door, almost kicking it down.
I hear them start to scream "SOMEONE'S IN HERE!"
I pound on the door and say, "WELL SAY SOMETHING NEXT TIME!"

I then go to find another bathroom, or wait at a distance for them to leave.

And THAT is what really FLUSTERS MY JIMBOBS.

The cape is self-fluttering

DoMaya wrote:
I can count on my hand the times I've been able to go into a public bathroom in the middle of the day, needing to take a shit, and actually found the seat not covered in piss.

Welcome to girl world. Their excuse is that they hover, though. Not sure what the boys' excuse is. Drunk, perhaps?
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Jean Descole wrote:
DoMaya wrote:

Welcome to girl world. Their excuse is that they hover, though. Not sure what the boys' excuse is. Drunk, perhaps?

Eye-Hand-Penis coordination.

C-A

In Justice We Trust

I think it's a mix between laziness and overconfidence; the offender doesn't expect to miss and therefore thinks lifting the seat is a waste of time. I can't speak for everyone, but I know from personal experience that aiming for the toilet isn't the same as actually hitting the toilet, which is why I take care to always lift the seat. I wouldn't be surprised if immaturity was sometimes a reason for wet seats in the case of restrooms in high schools and college dormitories, though.
I'll always love you, Max.

Happy Maria

Kids who don't know how to play games but want to join anyway,and end up ruining everything. And yet everyone still keeps rooting for them! Ugh.

I can't believe. They voted Yes for Erdogan to get more power in Turkey.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

I can.

By this point we're clearly living in a "Bad End" timeline where my values lose every coin toss.

/grim humour

Sounds real close with only 1% in it. Then you consider all the figures Erdogan locked up months ago that might have went against him and well....ain't looking good for Turkeys Tourism industry at least.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

Thread title

How underwear companies rely on near naked models wearing their brand on the front cover to get more sales! This applies for both male and female,and I find it a bit despicable. Worst thing is it isn't even needed! Of course everyone needs to get underwear! They don't even need to put those barely clad men and women on the cover to get sales!

Pierre wrote:
Sounds real close with only 1% in it. Then you consider all the figures Erdogan locked up months ago that might have went against him and well....ain't looking good for Turkeys Tourism industry at least.

I think they fact that they used the invalid votes as Yes votes was worse.
No wonder the opposition wants to have the result made null or a recount.

C-A

hi

About the public restroom thing; there must be some kind of law where I live that all public restrooms need to be at least 95% clean. It might just be the fact that I'm comparing it to MY disgusting bathroom (which I share with two younger brothers). That or all the other women don't mess it up.

Happy Maria

It's all my fault! I detest waking up in the afternoons! Now my whole scheduled is ruined! Ugh.

*title drop*
When people take things the wrong way, especially in possibly controversial topics. It's even harder for me to make them understand what I mean because I find it really hard to come up with the right choice of words and what to actually say. Gaaah!

Ace Procrastinator

Falling asleep much earlier than I used to. It's pretty annoying

When I'm trying to download a gosh damn song and all these totally inappropriate ads appear, not as pop-ups, but on the sides of the window and below the form thingy.
It gets even better since I don't know how to report them since they're from this crazy ad company called MGID.

Use adblock? I know ads can be needed to support the site and stuff so I turn it off but only on sites with non-intrusive ads.
Signature loading, please wait...

Happy Maria

Adblock has cured the internet for me. I remember when I got an ad at the end of a video and went to another one,only to see another ad play! Well...

I still kinda see that,because I'm not sure how to download Adblock on mobile.

Eh, AdBlock isn't that great anymore. I noticed it letting through more and more ads, so I went for UBlock now. Good thing is, if something still gets through, I can use UBlock and manually tell it, this thing here? Don't show it anymore.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Eh, AdBlock isn't that great anymore. I noticed it letting through more and more ads, so I went for UBlock now. Good thing is, if something still gets through, I can use UBlock and manually tell it, this thing here? Don't show it anymore.

C-A

You needed to disable the "Allow some non-intrusive advertising" option under filter preferences. Though from what I've heard, UBlock is still superior in that it's more efficient with memory usage.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Yeah, I actually use Ublock, I meant any ad blocking software in general. But the option to block unnecessary things that are not ads but are blocking content really is pretty useful.
Signature loading, please wait...

Happy Maria

I hate it when bathroom doors are lockable from the outside. That means some idiot will lock you in while you're just doing your business.

Southern Corn wrote:
I hate it when bathroom doors are lockable from the outside. That means some idiot will lock you in while you're just doing your business.

But you can always unlock it from the inside, right?
Or you can crawl out from the gap in the bottom of the door...
But seriously? Being able to lock bathroom doors from the outside? That's just plain stupid!

Happy Maria

No, there's Locks on both sides of the door. So if it's locked from the outside, unlocking it from the inside will do nothing.

And there is no gap that any human can possibly crawl out of under the door.

You know, a Mario game!

Something that's always bugged me about "half dragon" characters in fantasy works is that they never actually LOOK half dragon. At the very most, they look 20% dragon, 80% human. They often look completely human, just with wings, sometimes horns, and maybe a little patch of scales on their arms and legs. This might be something that only bugs me, but hey, isn't that what this thread is for?
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Southern Corn wrote:
No, there's Locks on both sides of the door. So if it's locked from the outside, unlocking it from the inside will do nothing.

And there is no gap that any human can possibly crawl out of under the door.

Well then why the HELL do they do that? Why in hell have locks on the outside of toilet doors???

Happy Maria

That was my rant. It's utterly idiotic and some dumb 'prankster' will no doubt use it to lock people in.

At least the light switch is on the inside, though...

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Relevant: http://mmhp.net/Sounds/MegaShows/Bah-throomDoor.wav

Happy Maria

YKWGMG? The argument of 'If you hate it so much that you try doing it yourself'. It's freaking idiotic. Do you have to be a chef to taste food? Do you have to be a movie director to hate movies? No, of course not! It's an invalid and pathetic argument IMO.

Southern Corn wrote:
YKWGMG? The argument of 'If you hate it so much that you try doing it yourself'. It's freaking idiotic. Do you have to be a chef to taste food? Do you have to be a movie director to hate movies? No, of course not! It's an invalid and pathetic argument IMO.

I absolutely hate that retort. That means nobody is allowed to form an opinion on anything, unless they really have done it themselves. And, of course, people who say that tend to be the ones who also have never done 'that thing' themselves, so they are technically hypocrites that should be keeping their mouths shut, too.

But there's also the "If you hate it, why are you reading/watching/blabla it?"
Uh, yeah, how am I supposed to know I hate it, unless I have spent some time on it to form an opinion?
Then again, as my mother recently reminded me, "Don't bring Logic into a Stupid battle."

C-A

Is still absolute trash.

Southern Corn wrote:

CatMuto wrote:
I absolutely hate that retort. That means nobody is allowed to form an opinion on anything, unless they really have done it themselves. And, of course, people who say that tend to be the ones who also have never done 'that thing' themselves, so they are technically hypocrites that should be keeping their mouths shut, too.

But there's also the "If you hate it, why are you reading/watching/blabla it?"
Uh, yeah, how am I supposed to know I hate it, unless I have spent some time on it to form an opinion?
Then again, as my mother recently reminded me, "Don't bring Logic into a Stupid battle."

C-A

In a way I understand this argument's logic, as it's the "walk a mile in someone else's shoes" kind of thinking from time to time, but like y'all said, it's implying you have to try the thing to be able to say you don't like it, which is impossible. (i.e.: I'm not gonna go into nursing school or the military just so I can come back and say I have valid reasons to not like either of them, when I have perfectly good reason to not like them in the beginning.)

On a less controversial note, you know what really drops my title? When I get the drive to do something- anything, really- and then something entirely unrelated happens, and it just shoots my drive back down to 0.

Something else that drops my title: when my mother calls or texts me to ask if a) she can borrow money for cigs or a drink, or b) I can buy her cigs or a drink. Usually while I'm at work. I don't even live at her house anymore, and she still does it.
*trumpet sounds*

(Title drop.) When people get so squeamish over minor things, e.g. Adding a Mature Tag to a cartoon of someone strutting around with a knife on DeviantArt. Just because someone draws a child walking around with a knife in their hand doesn't mean it's MA15+. Just... what the hell? Of course you'd need to add a Mature Tag to a photo of a bloodbath featuring lots of mutilated bodies, but an armed child? We're NOT all like Juniper freaking Woods for goodness sake!!! And besides, children under the age of 13 aren't even allowed on that site!
I'm... FINE!!! I don't need your protection! I'm FIIIIIIIINE!!!!!!!!

Student678 wrote:
And besides, children under the age of 13 aren't even allowed on that site!

You seem to think people actually follow that rule. :will:
Facebook is also only for 13+, but there are a ton of people who
A) are below that age and still browse/have a page themselves
B) are parents that let their young child read their posts (and demand other people to censor themselves, because by god, no way will we let Junior read a bad word...)
C) are BABIES with their own pages already... (granted, made by the parents, but that just shows you how insane it is)

C-A
Page 38 of 39 [ 1554 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices