Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 18 of 40[ 1583 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 40  Next

Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

News was that a young bear went into a closed mall, looking for food. Finding no proper food, the bear left, whomping a glass door open (which didn't break) and ran off. Police shot it to death. :ron:

By the way, the bear was two years old, in a place it didn't know and obviously very confused and scared. AND YOU FUCKERS JUST SHOT IT!!
No! I don't fucking care if you're lying with 'it was injured', I SAW how it opened the glass door, it was not injured, until you fucking shot it!!
Fuck you! The bear was TWO YEARS OLD! How about next time your CHILD is running around, screaming in pain after getting hurt, we fire a few rounds at it!? HUH!? STILL THINK IT'S OKAY!? FUCKING ASSHOLES!!

Yes, this was at night. Yes, a bear (even a young one) can be a danger to people. BUT YOU COULD'VE TRANQUILIZED IT! Put it to sleep, take care of whatever injury it might-so-totally have and then put it back into the forest. (Preferably with some fish or other food, so it can eat before hibernating, you sick fucks!)

C-A

Winter Flag Trademark

How Ironic. Today in my twitter, I saw someone tweeting that a bear gone to some high school for "education".

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

I just cannot feel much sympathy for the refugees. Yes, some of the camps, where they are now until proper place is found for them, is not the best standard to live in. But... well, you are REFUGEES! You KNEW what you would get yourself into when you decided to leave your home and head over borders! You were the one who decided to do this at the time of the year when it gets colder in Europe, when you knew most people don't have room. It sounds like a kid complaining that its stomach hurt, after it decided to eat the little metal balls mom TOLD it to NOT eat.

C-A

Second year will be uploaded little by little, cuz I like to make you wait ;)

Dear Suethor,

I know you seem to think that your writing is amazing - when you honestly do not know the difference between its and it's, do not know when to use commas in the most blatantly obvious of places 90% of the time and seem to think that a family's name is multiplied by using apostrophes and an S, changing it from Dursleys to Dursley's.

It horrifies me to learn that you are in your twenties and don't know such simple grammar rules. Do us all a favor, step away from the keyboard and go back to school. Also, do not write whiny Mary Sues and think you are the first person to ever come up with the Harry Potter fanfiction idea of 'OC turns out to be related to a canon character'. Third, kindly do not make a canon character attempt to rape your self-insert, when said self-insert is only 12 years old. It is disgusting and a very cheap attempt at drama, which makes the story not horrify us in the way of 'OmG, attempted rape, the poor girl' but in the way of 'OmG, can you honestly not think up of a less cheap way to bring up drama?'.

Finally, on your subject of the quote at the top. Get over yourself, you entitled, self-centered little snotbag. Yes, I had a collection of Zaerith one-shots that I eventually stopped writing, saying I'd only continue writing more if I got some comments or reviews. I was younger at the time and merely wanted some feedback on my work, be told whether something was good, bad, if I had made a character OoC or similar. I wanted someone to at least acknowledge what I had done and try to improve myself. Not to be showered with praise cause I had a tantrum if I didn't get any.

I feel bad for having done that. And I do have another story where I am stating at the top that the first 8 Chapters would be put up with a week of time between each chapter. But only because said story is a rewrite and I want to give the readers something they are familiar with, as majority of the story remains the same, but still with something new to it and give them time to read and process it. I had already written 8 Chapters to begin with.

tl;dr: Fuck you, Ariana. And fuck you again for the shit you spewed up called a Harry Potter fanfiction that shits all over the canon. The only good thing coming out of this is, once again, inspiring me to proceed with my own Harry Potter fanfiction. Which I can already say will be better than yours, cause I know how to write and to respect the canon.

C-A

I'm not being petty about this, but I just found a comment of the person saying she was told to make her female lead go back to the abusive guy, if she wanted the story published. It's not exactly the quote I was talking about, but it's the same topic and same person. Just so that Pierre (and anyone else who wants to see this) knows that I wasn't exaggerating or biased.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
I'm not being petty about this, but I just found a comment of the person saying she was told to make her female lead go back to the abusive guy, if she wanted the story published. It's not exactly the quote I was talking about, but it's the same topic and same person. Just so that Pierre (and anyone else who wants to see this) knows that I wasn't exaggerating or biased.

C-A

That's fine, glad you dug it out. It's a bit vague but she does say that.

However, I'd hardly say one person claiming it is a sign of regression at large, especially with more mediums trying to portray strong female leads (Lucy, Hunger Games, Suffragette, *shivers* The Resident Evil films) these days.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
However, I'd hardly say one person claiming it is a sign of regression at large, especially with more mediums trying to portray strong female leads (Lucy, Hunger Games, Suffragette, *shivers* The Resident Evil films) these days.

I do not think of Katniss as a strong woman. (She gets persuaded and manipulated into things repeatedly - especially by Peeta, at the end, when she obviously doesn't want something, and says so, but he says "No, no. DO IT." It's probably a spoiler, so I can't put it up here.) The rest of the people I don't know.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I do not think of Katniss as a strong woman. (She gets persuaded and manipulated into things repeatedly - especially by Peeta, at the end, when she obviously doesn't want something, and says so, but he says "No, no. DO IT." It's probably a spoiler, so I can't put it up here.) The rest of the people I don't know.

C-A

Well you commonly use examples I don't know but whatever, what makes a strong female protagonist will vary for different people anyway so there's no guarantee I could throw out any example you'd approve of.

I suppose all I can say is that from my point of view, things are getting better and not regressing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I do, but I usually mention where the people I am referring to are from.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
I do, but I usually mention where the people I am referring to are from.

C-A

So did I? In fact in that example I'm guilty of not mentioning the specific person and only mentioning the source material they are from.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

If you asked the fandom why Steven Universe so well liked, one of the replies you will get is about how it promotes tolerance and acceptance. Unfortunately, some fans of the show seemed to miss that part, as they bullied a mentally ill girl into attempted suicide. Thankfully, she survived. Now obviously, you wouldn't try to pressure anyone into suicide without good reason. So what was their reason? She drew a fat character thinner than she actually is.
Spoiler: For reference, canon image on the right, the girl's fanart on the left
ImageImage

...Wow. I mean, WOW. This is what they see as "fat erasure?" This is what what they think deserves to be removed from this planet? THIS is supposed to be bad enough, that after the girl was reported alive, they claim that she faked it for attention? To those "fans" of the show who thought this was justified behavior, I have two words for you: FUCK. YOU.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

That just shows what a huge ass humanity is. I don't even care what their reason was, honestly, I saw no fat erasure, Rose looked about as fat as she is drawn. If she was drawn as thinly as... um, is her name Jade? The one with the pointy nose and orange hair. Now, if she was drawn like that, I could say she did fat erasure.

That's still no reason to bully someone. Though, well, if the girl is gonna commit suicide over what people on the internet say to her, I think she needed some therapy before this happened. Clearly, there was something in her mind that made her think suicide was the best option to deal with some idiots on the internet honking their horns. And, I'll say the word, that's just not normal.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
If you asked the fandom why Steven Universe so well liked, one of the replies you will get is about how it promotes tolerance and acceptance. Unfortunately, some fans of the show seemed to miss that part, as they bullied a mentally ill girl into attempted suicide. Thankfully, she survived. Now obviously, you wouldn't try to pressure anyone into suicide without good reason. So what was their reason? She drew a fat character thinner than she actually is.
Spoiler: For reference, canon image on the right, the girl's fanart on the left
ImageImage

...Wow. I mean, WOW. This is what they see as "fat erasure?" This is what what they think deserves to be removed from this planet? THIS is supposed to be bad enough, that after the girl was reported alive, they claim that she faked it for attention? To those "fans" of the show who thought this was justified behavior, I have two words for you: FUCK. YOU.

I wouldn't even really call that thinner, I'd say either "equally fat in a different art style" or "slightly plumper" than the picture.

:marshall: It's a real shame that tumblr is getting a bit of a reputation for this. I don't have any strong opinions on it myself but my girlfriend has talked at length about how toxic it can get there.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

My playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles has had to be put on hold. The charger for my Wii U gamepad was damaged by the kittens and no longer functions properly. As a result, I cannot turn on the Wii U for more than a few minutes. I've ordered a replacement. If I'm lucky, replacing the charger will be enough. If I'm unlucky, the problem is the gamepad, not the charger, in which case I'll have to buy a new gamepad, too. Sometime last night, the gamepad fell from its usual resting place, which may have damaged it (again, almost certainly because of the kittens). If I'm really unlucky, the Wii U itself is damaged, in which case I'll have to send it in for repairs.

I was perfectly fine with the three cats my family already lived with. I didn't ask for two crazy kittens. If the kittens continue to damage things, I'm going to be quite annoyed with my Tonk-obsessed mom, as it was her insatiable desire to adopt a Tonkinese kitten that indirectly led to this--to say nothing of the fact that Max, normally one of the sweetest cats in existence, is not fond of the newcomers.
I'll always love you, Max.

Cats need some time to chill with the others. And kittens are kittens. What do you expect? (Attempt to put the gamepad and its charger somewhere where it can't fall?)

C-A

In Justice We Trust

I'm not saying it was unexpected. I was just expressing my annoyance at how the kittens' antics may have damaged my Wii U.

High level play

sumguy28 wrote:

Even if this was 'fat erasure' you'd expect these people to be more open to things, hell even if it she was drawn as a dragon with cars for feet it should be liked or disliked and that should be the end of it. Guess this proves that even a show that promotes (alledgedly, I haven't watched it myself) tolerance and acceptance also only cater to their own narrow minded audience, like most TV shows. The irony is pretty delicious though.

General Luigi wrote:
I'm not saying it was unexpected. I was just expressing my annoyance at how the kittens' antics may have damaged my Wii U.

Geez GL, that almost sounds like you were venting your frustration! Thank the heavens you cleared that up for Cat!
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

'Protip' to any writers out there: DO NOT USE FUCKING SUICIDE AS A FUCKING JOKE!!

If you honestly think of using suicide as a means for a plot or subplot and have it be seen as a joke, give yourself a minute for having second thoughts - and then don't fucking do it. Period. The only time suicide can be treated as a joke, is if you're making fun of Romeo and Juliette. Kapisch?

GOD THAT GAME PISSED ME OFF!! FUCK YOU, CHRISTINE LOVE!! THE FLYING FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?

You insulted everyone who ever had someone who commited suicide (like I did) or who ever had suicidal thoughts themselves (like I did).
Congratulations, you pissed of the entire world!

C-A

PS: Even hours after finishing that game, I am so cheesed off just by thinking about it! URGH, I'M GETTING AN ALC DRINK!! :dahlia:

Last edited by CatMuto on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

This is better posted here than Random Convo so... here goes nothing.

My parents have been separated for a little over a month now, after being married for 25 years. They haven't signed papers yet, so they're still technically married just separated. My dad now has a girlfriend that makes him really happy so that's good. My mom moved about 45 minutes away to her cousin's ex-wife's house. There she met a guy who's fresh out of prison and she... you know. Anyway she's been changing drastically since she left. She barely talks to me, she drinks now and is possibly smoking. The guy she's with constantly takes her car and leaves it a stinking mess. She picked me up last week to "spend time" with me, she took me to McDonald's and then brought me home... literally about 10-15 minutes. 20 tops. She said she had to take a friend and their kids to Chuck E Cheese and that she'd pick me up Friday to spend the weekend with her. Around Tuesday, she called my dad and said she was going to go to Florida. So the plans were off, even though she didn't tell me. I just knew. My dad send her a text yesterday asking her what was going on since we didn't hear from her for a few days. He gets a text back saying "What nigga". It's the guy she's with. My dad and this guy were texting back and forth, arguing really. He called my dad a wetback and said to get a job or whatever. My dad has two jobs. This guy is a fucking drug dealer, fresh out of prison that's using my mom. He then said if my dad wants to talk to my mom that he'd have to go through him first. I was gonna text my mom, but after reading those messages I don't even want to anymore. I shouldn't have to "go through" a man that I don't even know to talk to my own mother. I still love my mother dearly, but I feel as if she's abandoned me since she left. She was also fired from her job because the idiot she always lends her car out to never brings it back on time and she was always late. Not only that her co-workers were upset that she cheated on my dad... twice. I'm just so upset with her. Every time she promises something, it gets broken. I don't want to lose faith in her, but it's hard trying to stay optimistic for her call/text anymore... I want my old mom back. I don't like this change. I can't wait until Saturday or Sunday so I can be in New York and away from this house for a little while to clear my head.
FacebookKidd & Milky Art
Instagram (18+ Art)Art Merch
X: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: ASTRO BOY / Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel

On the one hand, it's very likely your mother is just 'breaking out' and doing insane things because she thinks, well, now she can and live 'wildly'. On the other, this shouldn't (but obviously does, this is your mother, after all) bother you. Though, quite honestly, if Mr New Guy continues to prevent you (verbally, even through SMS) from contacting your mother and might even have to do with physically preventing you two from meeting, you could legally have a... *just got hit by some alcohol* Uh, what's that... you have a right to meet your mother. To be precise, he has no right to keep you two away from each other - neither of you is physically or emotionally harmful to the other person.

Just... *sips drink* Just a suggestion.

C-A

PS: My mom thinks I should just let it go that a game insulted my suicidal thoughts, my cousin's suicide and how suicide should make people 'lighten up'. THAT IS NOT SOMETHING YOU JUST DROP, OKAY?!

> website allows underage naked girls to post photos
> website allows racist/offensive avatars
> website allows groups that promote sex websites and sex acts
> suspends users for having an avatar that shows a girl from an anime with a popsicle

Sure, there's a sexual innuendo there, but no nudity. There are soooo many photos by both site models and underage girls that don't get removed, but don't post an ecchi avatar. God forbid.
I've had ecchi avatars since I joined the site back in 2012, it was never an issue. They get a new admin and suddenly it's a problem. Apparently said admin abuses her moderating abilities. So, this isn't anything new. So I've heard.
FacebookKidd & Milky Art

Shimakaze wrote:
They get a new admin and suddenly it's a problem. Apparently said admin abuses her moderating abilities. So, this isn't anything new. So I've heard.

Go the whole hog. Report EVERY underage nude picture. (Or re-post the nude pictures on facebook because THAT doesn't seem to care about underage nudeys, either)

C-A

High level play

Shimakaze wrote:

CatMuto wrote:
(Or re-post the nude pictures on facebook because THAT doesn't seem to care about underage nudeys, either)

C-A

Did you just encourage someone to (re)post nude pictures of children?
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

I'm suspended so I can't access the site until the suspension is over, but a friend (who also got suspended for the same thing) told me she messaged another admin on her design account (she's a graphic designer on the website) and he said that a week was too much over an avatar and that the avatars didn't break any rules to begin with. She also told me that she and a lot of other friends of mine have been reporting any and all provocative photos. She said there were at least 200+.
We're still suspended, but maybe the one admin will talk to the others and have it lifted.

I saw the post that way too, Sjibbey. :eh?:
FacebookKidd & Milky Art

Sjibbey wrote:
Shimakaze wrote:

CatMuto wrote:
(Or re-post the nude pictures on facebook because THAT doesn't seem to care about underage nudeys, either)

C-A

In order to humiliate the children in question and make them realize how stupid - and dangerous - that is to do, yes. :redd:

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:
Shimakaze wrote:

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

In order to humiliate the children in question and make them realize how stupid - and dangerous - that is to do, yes. :redd:

C-A

Huh....I'd hoped this would be the part where you said "I meant that sarcastically and missed the orange text".
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sorry, Cat. I can't re-post provocative/nudey photos of underage girls. That's... not right. xD
I mean yeah, they did post it first, but re-posting for the sake of proving a point or showing how 'wrong it is' isn't really justified. Well, in my opinion anyway. They'll find out how wrong it was down the line.
FacebookKidd & Milky Art

In Justice We Trust

CatMuto wrote:

Is that legal in Germany? I'm pretty sure it's illegal in the United States.

General Luigi wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Is that legal in Germany? I'm pretty sure it's illegal in the United States.

Don't know. Don't really care all that much, since I wouldn't actually do it. I would bitch out the people who post their nudies so easily accessible (look, pal, I'll let you know when I want nudeys. Aside from those times, I do not like to look at naked bodies) or parents who think taking pictures of their half-naked toddler (and their actual shit) is just 'pwecious and adowable'.

I'm not a pedo, but I sure as hell would not put something like that on the internet.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

You'd just encourage others to do it?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:

Isn't that the sign of a great criminal mastermind? Manipulating other people to commit felonies, all while keeping my own hands clean.

C-A

Great Revival

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Isn't that the sign of a great criminal mastermind? Manipulating other people to commit felonies, all while keeping my own hands clean.

C-A

Spoiler: GK2

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

C-A

Sure...but criminal masterminds are neither admirable or entertaining when it comes to reality in my book.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Enigma

Christmas music in November...for the love of God, make it stop... :scratch:
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Great Revival

Bramimond wrote:

I actually listen to Christmas music all the time. Even when it's nowhere near Christmas.

The cape is self-fluttering

Bramimond wrote:

Hahaha. Yeah, it's ridiculous. It was bad enough seeing Christmas decorations nearly a month before Halloween. I just want Thanksgiving to happen first and get a goddamn breather.

After that, I don't care. Hit me with all the Christmas you got.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Bramimond wrote:

I love Christmas though... :larry:
Then again I'm probably biased because it's mine and Daniel's... Daniel and I's...(?) anniversary. :edgey:
FacebookKidd & Milky Art

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I know the feeling though. I love Christmas, but they start prepping way too early. I went to the store the other day to buy a turkey tree, but all they had was stuff for Christmas!

Great Revival

TheDoctor wrote:
I know the feeling though. I love Christmas, but they start prepping way too early. I went to the store the other day to buy a turkey tree, but all they had was stuff for Christmas!

Turkey tree..?

Bramimond wrote:

Hey, at least you're not working in retail (?) and have to listen to that shit for the entire duration of your workshift...

Quote:
Then again I'm probably biased because it's mine and Daniel's... Daniel and I's...(?) anniversary

'Daniel and mine' is correct.

Quote:
I just want Thanksgiving to happen first and get a goddamn breather.

I'm in Germany, we don't have Thanksgiving, so I never saw the point in this. (Then again, I overall see no point in Thanksgiving - so, it's about family time, fine. Why is it supposedly so important on this day, rather than the other 364 of the year?) My mom does Thanksgiving, and I still see no point.

Honestly, I'm a bit sick of people complaining that Hallowe'en-Thanksgiving-Christmas is all around at the end of September in stores. It's called marketing and sales, what do you expect?

C-A
Page 18 of 40 [ 1583 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 40  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices