Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 19 of 40[ 1583 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 40  Next

Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Well I dunno...November seems about the right time to start getting shops ready for Christmas. People will want to do their shopping before the rush in December.

If a shop is thinking in terms of seasonal set ups, then after Halloween there is like a tiny period of time where we celebrate Guy Fawkes night and it's not a big one for decorations or songs.

Makes perfect sense that the songs and celebrations, at least in retail shops, would begin now.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The Enigma

I just find the music annoying. I worked in retail last year, Cat, so you have my sympathies.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Bramimond wrote:
I just find the music annoying. I worked in retail last year, Cat, so you have my sympathies.

I worked in it last year, too. And had an interview for working in the same jewelry store as then, but different location. We'll see how it goes. I mean, I overall can't stand the (same) music at work, anyway. I like diversity if I have to work for hours on end and most only play 'recent' songs which gets annoying. Can we at least switch to a radio station, so that every 30 minutes, you'd get a break from music and listen to news?

C-A

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Oliver wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:
I know the feeling though. I love Christmas, but they start prepping way too early. I went to the store the other day to buy a turkey tree, but all they had was stuff for Christmas!

Turkey tree..?

https://youtu.be/LQ961y0VKEk?t=1m45s

Do you see the black one...or the white?

No such thing as Thanksgiving. It's called Black Thursday. Because Black Friday is too late.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
No such thing as Thanksgiving. It's called Black Thursday. Because Black Friday is too late.

I don't get that idea, either. Because one really, REALLY needs to brave waves of people and trample on the poor employees stuck under their feet, to save a few dollars on a goddamn motherfucking shirt.

C-A

The cape is self-fluttering

dullahan1 wrote:

There is hope, however. At least one retailer is giving Black Friday the finger.

(I suspect they are a special case and can afford to do so, but hey, it's something.)
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Yeah, if people want to argue that Christmas ISN'T commercialized, need I remind them about how all these major stores love to start their major sales as early as 6pm on Thanksgiving night.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Soooo.... my mum came over 2 nights ago to give my dad his medication that she picked up. New guy left her outside. She argued on the phone saying "I never said drop me off." etc etc Anyway, I figured he left because he feels some type of way that my dad is around. I told her "Just tell him you're here to see me, not dad."
She said she did tell him and he said "She's not a kid. You don't have to be at her beck and call."
Umm... who are you? You don't tell my mum who she can and can't see. That made me so angry that I sat outside and waited for him to arrive. As suspected, he ignored me and didn't say a word.
I wanted to say so many things, but my mum was already upset with him and I didn't want to make it worse.

I hate that guy so much.
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Gettin' Old!

I don't blame you, he's done so many bad things to your family at this point. The controlling stuff is just bordering in abuse.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Shimakaze wrote:
She said she did tell him and he said "She's not a kid. You don't have to be at her beck and call."

Well, a person doesn't just stop being a parent when the child is a legal adult. One remains a mother/father for the rest of one's life, after having a child, Mr Man. Maybe you should remember that you are still the child of your parents. (Unless they're dead, in which case - Obligatory sympathy from me, but not much else)

But this honestly starts to sound like an abusive, Twilight-esque relationship. Though your mother still seems to have brains, which is always wonderful. This guy just sounds like bad news and this is really starting to border onto an area where you can call the police on him. (Let's hope your mom dumps him or gets rid of him soon)

C-A

PS: Dear Man-Not-Involved-In-This At Supermarket, I will let people ahead of me when they have less to buy IF THEY ASK NICELY BEFOREHAND!

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

My mom told him they'll be going their separate ways. I'm hoping she still stands by that.
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Shimakaze wrote:
My mom told him they'll be going their separate ways. I'm hoping she still stands by that.

Obligatory pessimist mood: if he will let her.

C-A

I'm really getting tired of the whole "magic of friendship" message that's so prevalent in media nowadays. I mean, do people keep writing about it because they actually believe in it and want to spread the "gospel of friendship" to everyone, or is it just that they can't think of anything more profound to base their story off of?

I'll give credit where credit's due. Telltale's "The Walking Dead" was a bit better about this than most since it accurately portrays that being a complete jerk will cause most people to dislike you; however, being friendly towards some people pisses other people off, and some "friends" tend to be more high maintenance than they're worth.

On the other hand, there's some shows/games where no matter what a bad guy has done, they've got some kind of Freudian excuse for it (bonus points if it's because they didn't have friends growing up), and they can be easily forgiven and even become friends with the people they've hurt the most! I mean, it's one thing if the bad guy actually apologizes for their wrongdoings, but it's when they don't even apologize and still become friends that really bugs me. Not to mention, when this happens, the bad guy tends not to have to be punished for their wrongdoings at all, or just get off with a slap on the wrist. Look, I get that they may be apologetic, and I get that they may be trying to change their ways now, but there are consequences for committing horrible, despicable acts, no matter how much of a Freudian backstory they have.

Which is why I like the villains that have "Freudian excuses," but their excuse only makes sense to them. Any rational person could have had the same thing happen to them and they wouldn't have gone off the deep end.

TheDoctor wrote:
I'm really getting tired of the whole "magic of friendship" message that's so prevalent in media nowadays.

I know. I can't stand it when loners or people who simply prefer to work alone are always portrayed as horrible and ultimately 'weak', because look! They don't have friends to help them! Obviously, they must be very sad and lonely and hate their 'condition'. It feels like they're trying to tell me that being alone is wrong - like the old idea that being homosexual is wrong and that I need to be 'cured'.

Also tired of villains always having Freudian Excuses and being sympathetic. I liked Kefka, because he was made insane by his background - which was technically a sad one - but he never used that as an excuse. Yeah, he was injected with magic and went insane. Boohoo, he's still a horrible character. He poisons Doma's watersupply, killing everyone, including his own people held prisoner. And he enjoys it. There might be a chance of pitying him at the end of the game, but only because he honestly doesn't understand everyone's speeches.

I want villains who are just plain evil again. Though, I admit, if there nothing but evilness to them, that's boring, too. (Which is why I enjoy villains who are evil, but also funny at times) Look at Yamato from Devil Survivor 2. He's not actually evil, but he has some severe issues with social behavior. It's kind of a Freudian Excuse, but Yamato never sees it as much of an issue, he seems pretty fine where he is - he has power and the possibility to change the world with his power. And he can have some pretty funny lines, too. Especially when he's Yandere for the protagonist
Contrary Keita, from the same game. He doesn't do the friend thing (his father was betrayed by a friend and left with huge debts), but nope. His whole Fate Link arc is telling him how friendship is needed and he needs comrades.

In fact, I want to see a good story, where the hero is a guy who works on his own, but it's not an actual weakness. People might say they don't understand why he works alone, but in the end, they are in the wrong, because he's just better off on his own. No friends to consider, no friends or loved ones who can be kidnapped and held hostage for cheap blackmail.

C-A

The cape is self-fluttering

Shimakaze wrote:

I hope so, too.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

@CatMuto

Well, a good example of a villain with a Freudian excuse done well is Magneto. Knowing what he's gone through makes you more sympathetic towards him, but he still clearly crosses the line and everyone knows it.

TheDoctor wrote:
Well, a good example of a villain with a Freudian excuse done well is Magneto. Knowing what he's gone through makes you more sympathetic towards him, but he still clearly crosses the line and everyone knows it.

I never watched X-Men, but I do know that he tries to make things easier for mutants. You know, I'm a fan of Tales Of games, but I'm a bit sick of them making all their villains with Freudian Excuses. They don't all need one and, in some cases, it just plain doesn't work. In Phantasia, Dhaos' revelations are so late, they're a shock - the characters feel bad for Dhaos, but as the player, you still remember all the terrible things he did, without remorse. So he's not too sympathetic. Mithos, from Symphonia, there I can tolerate it. His explanation makes more sense and I cannot help but feel sorry for him - he still does things wrong, but he at least meant the best of things, twisted as they were.

Van in Abyss is... I dunno, I can't say I sympathize with him, nor that he is one to sympathize with, anyway. Once again, intentions are there, but I can't say good or bad. Likely because the game's Score is so versatile, I still chew on whether everything was foretold or wasn't. But Lambda in Graces was horrible. It's an energy entity - his Freudian Excuse was, that he was put into an android body and was experimented on and tortured. But because he's an energy entity, with no other plan than to destroy the world for no reason, I can't feel sorry for him at all. There's nothing to relate to there, which I think is how Freudian Excuses are supposed to work: there's something in that villain, that you see in yourself, and you feel for them, because you think you would do something similar. (Then Asbel pissed me off by saying HIS life was just as bad as Lambda's.... BS, to put it simply.)

I'm not sure about Vesperia, it's such a confusing game with its message and the villain is meh. Dunno about Xillia, though Xillia 2 might be more understandable...

C-A

I've felt worse.

Quote:
But because he's an energy entity, with no other plan than to destroy the world for no reason

Or because humanity has refused to progress for 1000 years and instead continued to go to war with itself. Still
CatMuto wrote:
Dunno about Xillia, though Xillia 2 might be more understandable...

Xillia's villain was sort of okay, but Xillia 2's main villains were just a bunch of idiots. Without spoiling anything, their motives either have no connection to or were in direct opposition to their actions.
Spoiler: Xillia 2 spoilers
How the bloody hell does going on an inter-dimensional scavenger hunt to find items like God's sword supposed to prove that humans can use the fantasy equivalent of fossil fuels properly?

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Quote:
Or because humanity has refused to progress for 1000 years and instead continued to go to war with itself.

While I agree with Asbel asking Lambda, "Well, what will you do after you destroy the entire world?", the way it was done and how Lambda was portrayed was horrible. Mostly because that scene took way too freaking long - I'm convinced Lambda never honestly believed Asbel, he just thought, "Fine, fine! I'll go dormant in your body, just stop talking!"

I honestly don't remember the world of Graces being at war with itself, even after 1.000 years. Certainly, Richard began to wage war on the other kingdoms... but Lambda was the one who made him do that. Then again, it's played over and over and over like Richard is the big bad. Even when it's obvious he's possessed by Lambda 20 hours of gameplay before the party actually considers it a possibility, it's always Richard who is the threat. Richard and Richard. Lambda is, like, an afterthought.

You know, if Graces wanted to portray the emotional distress a person can feel, after not having had contact with their friends for several years, only to meet them and then realize how they've changed and all you remember of them are outdated memories and you are left to wonder about how a person can honestly change this much in a short amount of time... You know, that'd be a cool idea. It portrays people as actual people, since people tend to change as they live, and it shows some sides of friendship that can be tough - how difficult it is to maintain your friendship when one is not in frequent, physical contact or isn't very good at the whole mail thing. And how the lack of contact will make one see the big changes and little ones much more, including coming to terms how they are different from what you remember - and that this different may not be something you like.

If they had done it like that, I probably would've liked Graces a bit more. As it is, it's made painfully obvious to anyone with half of a brain that Richard's sudden, super-violent behavior is woefully out of character is based on the fact that he's possessed by something, not that this is his natural change over the course of 7 years. His hatred for his Evil Uncle is understandable, but after that? Pretty dumb. And the party is stupid for not thinking of possession. (Do honestly none of them remember that huge black thing that attacked and almost killed them as children?)

Quote:
Xillia's villain was sort of okay, but Xillia 2's main villains were just a bunch of idiots. Without spoiling anything, their motives either have no connection to or were in direct opposition to their actions.

Ah. Haven't played Xillia 2, but I thought there the plan was to merge to worlds, or something, so as to prevent something bad happening in one of them. Maybe I'm mostly just thinking about... Victor, I think his name was.

C-A

1000% Knight

CatMuto wrote:
But Lambda in Graces was horrible. It's an energy entity - his Freudian Excuse was, that he was put into an android body and was experimented on and tortured. But because he's an energy entity, with no other plan than to destroy the world for no reason, I can't feel sorry for him at all.

You don't feel sorry for him for the fact that he was tortured? Really? It doesn't necessarily justify what he did, but it's still not very nice.

I think you are supposed to feel sympathetic for Lambda, but not necessarily empathetic.

CatMuto wrote:
I'm convinced Lambda never honestly believed Asbel, he just thought, "Fine, fine! I'll go dormant in your body, just stop talking!"

Well.. yeah. I thought that was pretty obvious? Asbel & co. beat down Lambda and drained all his energy. But (in the main arc) Lambda never gave into Asbel's ideals; he had run out of energy, and had no choice but to go dormant. However, after seeing the world through Asbel's eyes--er, eye--for several years, Lambda did finally begin to understand the Power of Friendship(tm), as seen in the future arc.

Quote:
If they had done it like that, I probably would've liked Graces a bit more. As it is, it's made painfully obvious to anyone with half of a brain that Richard's sudden, super-violent behavior is woefully out of character is based on the fact that he's possessed by something, not that this is his natural change over the course of 7 years. His hatred for his Evil Uncle is understandable, but after that? Pretty dumb. And the party is stupid for not thinking of possession. (Do honestly none of them remember that huge black thing that attacked and almost killed them as children?)

Tbf, you're only saying this because Graces is a fictional story and you know it is. If you were friends with someone who was really nice, didn't see them for a bit, then met them again and they were a huge jerk, would your reaction be "Wow, that guy turned into a huge jerk," or "My god, a ghost must be possessing them, causing them to act like this! Someone call the pope!!"? If possessions were an actual thing in Graces' world then you'd have a point, but since as far as we've seen the only being that can possess people is Lambda, and literally nobody on the planet knew who or what Lambda was, is it really fair to say "My god, the characters were idiots for not realizing that their best friend is being possessed by a mutant energy monster that came to the earth from Mars 1000 years ago!"?
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Quote:
You don't feel sorry for him for the fact that he was tortured? Really? It doesn't necessarily justify what he did, but it's still not very nice.

He's an energy entity! Of course I don't feel sorry for him. He was never presented as being sympathetic, until at the very end of the Final Dungeon, at which point it pissed me off - you don't throw your villain's sympathetic side at the screen and expect me to feel sorry for what they did earlier. (With Dhaos, as said, it happened after finally defeating him for good - that was bad, but I still was never expected to forget and forgive all that he did) That's just an asspull. You want me to feel sorry for him, you build your villain up to be that from the get-go.

Live A Live ended up doing that for Odio.

Quote:
However, after seeing the world through Asbel's eyes--er, eye--for several years,

Years? Far as I remember, the F arc took place a mere 6 months after the main arc.

Quote:
Tbf, you're only saying this because Graces is a fictional story and you know it is.

Quite possible. And if such a situation happened to me, I'd probably think, "Huh, they certainly changed" and let it go. Not begin to whine and wallow in my own misery, wondering if it's my fault. (Exactly how Asbel thinks that is beyond me... I understand his desire to be strong enough to protect things, but... well, he was the one who preferred to not keep contact. Especially with Richard, despite living in the same city as him. So what, Richard is the prince? That never stopped him before.)

Though, in a realistic setting, if someone acted THAT strangely and out of what I've known from them, I'd probably consider a mental disease that only recently cropped up. Not possession, but... a 'less-natural' equivalent?

C-A

I've felt worse.

Quote:
Ah. Haven't played Xillia 2, but I thought there the plan was to merge to worlds, or something, so as to prevent something bad happening in one of them. Maybe I'm mostly just thinking about... Victor, I think his name was.

Victor probably could have been a better main villain than Xillia 2's actual main villains. They had so much to work with his character.
Spoiler:
Him being Elle's father and a fractured Ludger, he had already gone on the same journey the current Ludger is going on, he killed his party members, the big bad, and the obligatory duel boss at the same time, his ideas of which dimension actually deserves to exist among the other one million dimensions, this stuff writes itself.

Instead, he appears for half of one chapter, and then never gets mentioned again. Actually, I think that sums up all of Xillia 2: great ideas with terrible execution.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

In Justice We Trust

[steam shoots out of ears]

I step away for one minute to grab something to drink and Myshka (one of the kittens) destroys my headphones. She played with the cord and chewed right through it. I can't help but feel her name suits her; "Myshka" means "little mousie" (roughly). And since it's Sunday and fairly late on my end, none of the stores where I could get a replacement are open.

[scribble forms above head]
I'll always love you, Max.

Uh, you and your family are teaching the kittens some boundaries, right?

C-A

In Justice We Trust

We're doing what we can. It's not as if they'll learn what not to do overnight.
I'll always love you, Max.

While I overall commend people for learning new languages, I do not think a person should translate something, if they do not speak/write/understand both languages damn near perfectly. While I learned French in school, I haven't used it in years and become very rusty, so I wouldn't use French in my stories (or write in French), unless I polish up my skills again. If you translate something for your own understanding, fine. But don't translate something to be released (like a game or novel translation) and sent to thousands of people, if your translation isn't up to snuff.

Even if you translate it in a way that you can understand what's going on, don't do it. It leads to weird sentence structure and grammar, making it difficult for the brain to fully comprehend what is going on. The guy who translated Romancing Saga 3, he did a pretty good job, with only a very rare weird sentence here or there. (As for the fan translation of Sailor Moon: Another Story, at least get your terms correctly. That one starts off using Ginzuishou and Barazuishou, but then uses Silver and Rose Crystal, respectively, later in the game)

C-A

Meyer's words on Life And Death (Genderswapped Twilight): 5% of the changes to the story I made were because Beau is a boy.

...Meyer. Seriously. You genderswap your story's characters - except for a handful, cause you have severely outdated gender rules, but let's ignore that for now - and your story changed by roughly five percent, only 5%, because your main protagonist's gender changed! How horrible are you at writing? I know you're terrible, but come on! Even ignoring your outdated gender ideas, the story would change a lot, based on a gender change!

Now, look. I am a fan of 1/2 Prince. Lan decides to play as a man in Second Life and is, hence, known as a man to most of her friends online. Wicked and her brother (as well as a few others, who eventually figure it out) know her offline, so they know that Prince is actually a girl. And Wicked had no contact with her for several years, so he had to get used to not just Lan playing as a guy, but also acting differently. People change, after all.

Now, I write fanficiton for that. Yes, I have a story where Lan gets a second character and plays as a girl.
But my main example will come from my one-shot chapter, where I have Prince get turned into a woman, so now Prince is a woman in-game. Prince herself doesn't feel too weird, after all, Lan is a girl offline and, so, a female body and clothes and all that is nothing new to her. Her behavior also doesn't change that much, because her gender doesn't change the fact that she learned to enjoy playing a rougher character, a warrior and enjoys killing monsters and fighting. Her character remained almost the same.

But not the behavior of the people around her. Wicked and her brother, they don't care too much. (Wicked is happy, cause Second Life forbids same-sex marriages and could propose in-game now) Some of the other characters, well, takes a bit getting used to, but it's no big deal. Prince just looks and is a girl now. Whatever. But I made a huge emphasis on the fact that Prince's interactions with Gui became super awkward.
Gui doesn't know that Prince is actually a girl offline and found out that Prince changed gender rather suddenly. Now, his beloved is a girl and, well, it gets pretty freaking awkward. He eventually admits that Prince's gender doesn't change his feelings at all, he'll love Prince, no matter what gender Prince will be. But he still needs to stomach that change.

I'm rewriting the chapter (I want to go more in-depth than I have before, maybe add some jokes that I think could add some more humor to it) And I want to add on why Gui could find this awkward. Heck, maybe Gui started having frequent sex dreams about Prince, now that he was a girl. Changed height, the gait might be different. Maybe Gui has a few old-fashioned ideas about girls. Not to the extent that he'd actually force Prince to change, but enough to make him feel uncomfortable with Prince doing the same things she did when playing as a guy. It's not entirely clear, but Gui doesn't just willy-nilly decide, "Oh, Prince is now a girl. Yeah, whatever." about everything. He needs time to figure out his feelings and get rid of the awkwardness, because he knows his awkward behavior around Prince is hurtful.

tl;dr: YOU'RE A MORON AND A HORRIBLE WRITER, MEYER!

C-A

Mystery logic is starting to bug me. On the one hand, logic dictates that the characters who act like jerks are the most likely culprits, so if they turn out to be the culprit, you aren't surprised. On the other hand, a clever writer would make one of the nicer characters the culprit because you're not likely to expect that. However, that's been done so much, you start to expect the nicer characters to be the culprit too, so when they are, you aren't surprised. An even cleverer writer would make a background character the culprit, since out of sight equals out of mind. Problem is that if you expect something like that, you aren't surprised, but if you don't suspect the background characters, you don't feel any kind of catharsis when they're revealed to be the culprit, since that's almost the same thing as introducing a culprit out of left field who you haven't even met.

TheDoctor wrote:
Mystery logic is starting to bug me. On the one hand, logic dictates that the characters who act like jerks are the most likely culprits, so if they turn out to be the culprit, you aren't surprised. On the other hand, a clever writer would make one of the nicer characters the culprit because you're not likely to expect that. However, that's been done so much, you start to expect the nicer characters to be the culprit too, so when they are, you aren't surprised. An even cleverer writer would make a background character the culprit, since out of sight equals out of mind. Problem is that if you expect something like that, you aren't surprised, but if you don't suspect the background characters, you don't feel any kind of catharsis when they're revealed to be the culprit, since that's almost the same thing as introducing a culprit out of left field who you haven't even met.

It's worse when they put heavy emphasis on who is Most Definitely NOT The Culprit and then it turns out that they are the culprit. *coughDanganronpacough* Or make it blatantly obvious, by having the culprit repeatedly tell me what to do and where to go, so they can proceed with their 'master plan' of getting away with murder. (Again, Danganronpa)

As for the background character, well, I overall don't like it. If the background character is only seen walking in the background once, then revealed to be the culprit, it's pretty dumb. It's like the game is telling me, "Don't think anything, just cover your eyes, swing your finger around and whomever it lands on, they're the culprit". There is no logic behind that.

If they want the background character to be the villain, they need to put at least some emphasis on them. For example, mention the background character. Say that they are an acquaintace of one of the more important characters. Or make emphasis that the victim is known, or is rumored to, do something specific and the background character is somehow in low connection to that. Like in most Conan cases, there's a dead person and the asshole victim is killed, because they are somehow connected to the dead person's death, either by having killed them or having something to do with their suicide.

Though a good writer can make everyone suspicious. That way, nobody seems 'more' or 'less' suspicious than the next, leaving the observer to not point their finger at someone and saying "It's you, I can just tell".
I would say a good writer can make nobody suspicious, leaving one traipsing in the dark as they should, but Agatha Christie did that with the Murder On The Orient Express and the fact that nobody was suspicious was among the weirder things about the case, making them all suspicious by default.

Unfortunately, any mystery game I've played lately went the route of "Too obvious to begin with". Danganronpa had that problem in both games and Nicole put such a heavy "This guy is acting strange!" scene into the main section of the game (even if one ignores the Mystery aspect and puts no points into Clues) that the player needs to be blind, deaf and stupid to not figure out who the kidnapper is.

C-A

I am DONE with tumblr and it's community.

First it was the zamii070 incident which was bad enough on it's own but people are now harassing a trans boy for making an edit of "Down with Cis" picture and making it "Down with Hate." Yeah, you've read that correctly: People are harassing him for actually trying to spread positivity on that god-forsaken website.

The Real Human Being

Darth Wiader wrote:

First it was the zamii070 incident which was bad enough on it's own but people are now harassing a trans boy for making an edit of "Down with Cis" picture and making it "Down with Hate." Yeah, you've read that correctly: People are harassing him for actually trying to spread positivity on that god-forsaken website.

My brotha knows what's up.

Darth Wiader wrote:

I do not know who zamii070 is and I am always confused what 'cis' means. Besides, what does the kid expect? It's the fucking internet, people are assholes. (My personal hatred for tumblr deals with IDIOTS who get angry if you dare to mention a specific character with *GASP* GENDER-SPECIFIC PRONOUNS)

C-A

I've felt worse.

zamii070 is the girl who attempted suicide after being constantly provoked for drawing slightly skinnier Rose Quartz. "Cis" is a prefix meaning "same." tumblr applies "cis" to mean the 99% of the population that isn't transgender and is therefore the scum of the earth. Much logic. Very rational.

Last edited by tiger_festival on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sumguy28 wrote:
zamii070 is the girl who attempted suicide after being constantly provoked for drawing slightly skinnier Rose Quartz.

Oh, right. I thought it was the transgender who got mobbed on tumblr... or on Facebook? Either way, SOCIAL MEDIA = EVULZ.

C-A

sumguy28 wrote:
zamii070 is the girl who attempted suicide after being constantly provoked for drawing slightly skinnier Rose Quartz. "Cis" is a prefix meaning "same." tumblr applies "cis" to mean the 99% of the population that isn't transgender and is therefore the scum of the earth. Much logic. Very rational.

Gosh dang... then it's not just hearsay. They're really like that. :ron:

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Fuck you people, with your INCOME and your JOBS and your MONEY, where you have enough to just spontaneously DO something without having to scrap together whatever the fuck you can find, while I can't even go to MC DONALD'S without 12 to 24 hours of PLANNING AHEAD FOR IT!

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Fuck you people, with your INCOME and your JOBS and your MONEY, where you have enough to just spontaneously DO something without having to scrap together whatever the fuck you can find, while I can't even go to MC DONALD'S without 12 to 24 hours of PLANNING AHEAD FOR IT!

C-A

*Sigh*

I know this place is for random vents and there shouldn't be judgements but that's pretty harsh, some jobs are horrible and people work hard for their money. They don't deserve your scorn just because they manage to scrape by. After all I imagine, despite your words, you still aspire for employment yourself?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
I know this place is for random vents and there shouldn't be judgements but that's pretty harsh, some jobs are horrible and people work hard for their money. They don't deserve your scorn just because they manage to scrape by. After all I imagine, despite your words, you still aspire for employment yourself?

At least they HAVE jobs. At least they have some money that they can spend without worrying and second-guessing every single purchase. Yes, I am trying to get jobs and I hate every person I send an application to, because they take months to answer, only to tell me I am not what they are looking for (How dare I be a 25 year old woman who doesn't have 10 years of experience in every job environment?) or call me in for a stupid day and never take me, anway. They don't want workers. They want to use me like a fucking slave!

Speaking of days where I'm supposed to work, can't they at least be bothered to GIVE me some work when I'm there? I hate it when I work in a store for a day and they just throw me in the cold water, with nothing to do. I'm a good worker, but how am I supposed to show that, if I have nothing to work ON? It might be okay if your other employees can stand around looking bored, after spending 20 minutes looking around the store, trying to find something to do - they already signed their contracts. I can't do that! I can't stand around, try my best to look attentive, when I've spent the last hour walking around the store, over and over, trying to look like I'm working by straightening out non-existent wrinkles in the displayed clothes?

Sometimes, I just want to throw myself in front of a car and get compensation. At least that's one way to get money.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

At least they HAVE jobs. At least they have some money that they can spend without worrying and second-guessing every single purchase. Yes, I am trying to get jobs and I hate every person I send an application to, because they take months to answer, only to tell me I am not what they are looking for (How dare I be a 25 year old woman who doesn't have 10 years of experience in every job environment?) or call me in for a stupid day and never take me, anway. They don't want workers. They want to use me like a fucking slave!

Speaking of days where I'm supposed to work, can't they at least be bothered to GIVE me some work when I'm there? I hate it when I work in a store for a day and they just throw me in the cold water, with nothing to do. I'm a good worker, but how am I supposed to show that, if I have nothing to work ON? It might be okay if your other employees can stand around looking bored, after spending 20 minutes looking around the store, trying to find something to do - they already signed their contracts. I can't do that! I can't stand around, try my best to look attentive, when I've spent the last hour walking around the store, over and over, trying to look like I'm working by straightening out non-existent wrinkles in the displayed clothes?

Sometimes, I just want to throw myself in front of a car and get compensation. At least that's one way to get money.

C-A

Yeah...but just HAVING a job isn't really a justification to say:
You wrote:
Fuck you people (etc)

I get that you are pretty bitter at the workplace now, but there's people with jobs who have their own problems. Money isn't the answer to everything and having a job is another entrance for stress into your life. You shouldn't hate people just because they have a job.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 19 of 40 [ 1583 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 40  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices