Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 34[ 1342 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
 


The New Vent Station (please read the rules before posting)Topic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4085

In a bad mood? Something really driving you nuts? Well, this is the place to get it all off your chest. Before you start venting or responding to someone's vent, though, please keep the following things in mind:

  • I know a lot of us mean well, but sometimes people just want a sympathetic ear, not help or advice. If someone asks you to stop responding to his/her posts in this thread, please respect his/her wishes and do not respond.
  • If a user says he/she is open to a one-on-one discussion through private messages, you are free to engage him/her in such a discussion. Please keep in mind, however, that the forum's rules also apply to PMs; users have the means to report abusive PMs, so don't think you can use them to get away with flaming.
  • When people post about their problems, they're usually not in a good mood. Don't make it worse by getting confrontational, no matter how tiresome you might find their complaining and no matter how strongly you might believe that they brought their problems upon themselves.
  • You are not obligated to get in the last word. If the user you're addressing gets confrontational or rude, just stop responding to his/her posts; it is extremely unlikely that you'll shut him/her up with your response.
  • We might be here to vent, but lashing out at other users will just give you one more thing to be angry about: a ban. It doesn't matter who started it; if you get nasty, you can expect to be punished even if you were provoked.

We're not afraid to lock this thread if things get ugly as they did with its predecessor. We're giving you another chance despite having locked the previous Vent Station twice over such things. Don't count on this thread being reopened if it gets locked.
Image
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9766

Thanks for opening a Vent area again~

C-A
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14014

Hrmm we'll see how long it goes before this gets locked again.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Best Waifu

Gender: Male

Location: Lost Within

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Posts: 3396

Image

Fucking photobucket.

I understand you guys need to make money.

But when I'm listening to music, and decide to upload a pic, you play this LOUD GODDAMN AD THAT CAN'T BE MUTED OR TURNED DOWN.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4085

Agreed, DoMaya. For that matter, how about auto-playing video ads in general? I'm browsing a wiki, listening to some good music, and then all of a sudden I'm hearing an ad for some over-the-counter drug or some other thing I'm unlikely to buy in the near future.
Image
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Explorer

Gender: Male

Location: The Yggdrasil Labyrinth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 am

Posts: 737

General Luigi wrote:
In a bad mood? Something really driving you nuts? Well, this is the place to get it all off your chest. Before you start venting or responding to someone's vent, though, please keep the following things in mind:

  • I know a lot of us mean well, but sometimes people just want a sympathetic ear, not help or advice. If someone asks you to stop responding to his/her posts in this thread, please respect his/her wishes and do not respond.
  • If a user says he/she is open to a one-on-one discussion through private messages, you are free to engage him/her in such a discussion. Please keep in mind, however, that the forum's rules also apply to PMs; users have the means to report abusive PMs, so don't think you can use them to get away with flaming.
  • When people post about their problems, they're usually not in a good mood. Don't make it worse by getting confrontational, no matter how tiresome you might find their complaining and no matter how strongly you might believe that they brought their problems upon themselves.
  • You are not obligated to get in the last word. If the user you're addressing gets confrontational or rude, just stop responding to his/her posts; it is extremely unlikely that you'll shut him/her up with your response.
  • We might be here to vent, but lashing out at other users will just give you one more thing to be angry about: a ban. It doesn't matter who started it; if you get nasty, you can expect to be punished even if you were provoked.

We're not afraid to lock this thread if things get ugly as they did with its predecessor. We're giving you another chance despite having locked the previous Vent Station twice over such things. Don't count on this thread being reopened if it gets locked.

I feel like some of these points could find a good home over at the 'grinds my gears' thread. :ron:
Image
Well? Are we going or what?
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Chocolateholic of CR

Gender: Male

Location: Unknown

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 am

Posts: 2812

Well my post on what really grinds my gear..... is something I should vent about but not gonna copy and paste it on here....
Image
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14014

General Luigi wrote:
Agreed, DoMaya. For that matter, how about auto-playing video ads in general? I'm browsing a wiki, listening to some good music, and then all of a sudden I'm hearing an ad for some over-the-counter drug or some other thing I'm unlikely to buy in the near future.


They leave me so confused because I'm halfway down the wiki page before it loads so I just hear this mysterious voice prattling on about products and I have no idea where it's from.

Also the Gears and Vent threads are so similar at times I wonder why we have them, guess I just don't get the nuances of negativity.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

Gender: Female

Location: Northern California

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Posts: 701

Pierre wrote:
General Luigi wrote:
Agreed, DoMaya. For that matter, how about auto-playing video ads in general? I'm browsing a wiki, listening to some good music, and then all of a sudden I'm hearing an ad for some over-the-counter drug or some other thing I'm unlikely to buy in the near future.


They leave me so confused because I'm halfway down the wiki page before it loads so I just hear this mysterious voice prattling on about products and I have no idea where it's from.

Also the Gears and Vent threads are so similar at times I wonder why we have them, guess I just don't get the nuances of negativity.


They leave me confused too since I have about 5 tabs open any given internet search (damn you Tvtropes) and I just hear this voice talk about the newest miracle drug and I have to search high and low trying to find the damn thing.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Best Waifu

Gender: Male

Location: Lost Within

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Posts: 3396

shippersdreamer wrote:
Pierre wrote:
General Luigi wrote:
Agreed, DoMaya. For that matter, how about auto-playing video ads in general? I'm browsing a wiki, listening to some good music, and then all of a sudden I'm hearing an ad for some over-the-counter drug or some other thing I'm unlikely to buy in the near future.


They leave me so confused because I'm halfway down the wiki page before it loads so I just hear this mysterious voice prattling on about products and I have no idea where it's from.

Also the Gears and Vent threads are so similar at times I wonder why we have them, guess I just don't get the nuances of negativity.


They leave me confused too since I have about 5 tabs open any given internet search (damn you Tvtropes) and I just hear this voice talk about the newest miracle drug and I have to search high and low trying to find the damn thing.


I "this'd" this post so much hurt.

Also, the YKWRGMG thread is SUPPOSED to be long rants.

The vent thread is more for people's minor gripes.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6664

Pierre wrote:
General Luigi wrote:
Agreed, DoMaya. For that matter, how about auto-playing video ads in general? I'm browsing a wiki, listening to some good music, and then all of a sudden I'm hearing an ad for some over-the-counter drug or some other thing I'm unlikely to buy in the near future.


They leave me so confused because I'm halfway down the wiki page before it loads so I just hear this mysterious voice prattling on about products and I have no idea where it's from.

Also the Gears and Vent threads are so similar at times I wonder why we have them, guess I just don't get the nuances of negativity.

This is why I'm really glad we got rid of the debate part of the forum early on. Some people just don't know how to argue in a civil manner and things just get heated to the point where it's an all out flame war. Add in anonymity that people have when they go on the internet and it just makes it even worse.

To me, debates should be both sides presenting their point, proving their points and rebuking the opposition to the best of their knowledge, and if no side can be swayed, agree to disagree. The problem I see is that most people don't know how to rebuke points. They feel that rebuking consists of making sure their point is the only point that's right and if the other person doesn't agree, they're going to shove it down their throat until they do.

Personally, I love a good debate, but I guess I can say that it grinds my gears when I'm dealing with people or seeing people who don't know how to debate. It doesn't make me angry, but I hate seeing conflict arising from something because people tend to get offended over the smallest thing. I've always been of the mindset that if you don't agree with someone, agree to disagree and move on. If they choose not agree to disagree with me, I get over it and leave them alone to let them stew.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

How ironic

Gender: Male

Location: Canada, eh?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Posts: 1933

I've been feeling incredibly tired and sleepy lately. This makes no sense, as I go to bed at around 10:00 PM and get up at around 9:00 AM. I get plenty of sleep, so why am I always so tired?! It makes no logical sense!
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Explorer

Gender: Male

Location: The Yggdrasil Labyrinth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 am

Posts: 737

dimentiorules wrote:
I've been feeling incredibly tired and sleepy lately. This makes no sense, as I go to bed at around 10:00 PM and get up at around 9:00 AM. I get plenty of sleep, so why am I always so tired?! It makes no logical sense!

Well, I'm no expert, but it might be something to do with sleep cycles.
For example, I find myself to be the best-rested if I've slept in a multiple of 90 minutes (So, 6 hours, 7.5 hours, 9 hours, etc.) Anything else and I'm just groggy.
From the sound of it, you're getting 11 hours, which I know would throw me off.
Of course, your sleep cycles might be different from mine, but from what I've read, one sleep cycle averages about 90 minutes for most people.
Image
Well? Are we going or what?
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:27 pm

Posts: 127

dimentiorules wrote:
I've been feeling incredibly tired and sleepy lately. This makes no sense, as I go to bed at around 10:00 PM and get up at around 9:00 AM. I get plenty of sleep, so why am I always so tired?! It makes no logical sense!


How much exercise do you do? Doing some sport or working out regularly can really help you feel less tired on a day to day basis! Also, sleeping for too long can make you drowsy as well.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9766

I am so sick and tired of writing the same shit in my applications over and over and it just won't work out for me. All I want to do in my application letters is type in, "Hire me already, goddammit!" although of course that won't work. Come on, you guys, I am a bilingual young woman with the brains to do a lot of difficult stuff. I speak better German than most people who apply for jobs here in Munich AND I speak perfect English! Why are people not throwing themselves at my feet to hire me?! I even specifically target jobs that require English and German, yet I still fail. Why? Cause I don't have the fucking paper that says I spent 3 years in an office, doing stuff I can do just fine - or HAVE been doing on on-off bases in other random offices - for the job I'm applying for? Fuck you guys, that type of paper is worthless.

C-A
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Best Waifu

Gender: Male

Location: Lost Within

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Posts: 3396

CatMuto wrote:
I am so sick and tired of writing the same shit in my applications over and over and it just won't work out for me. All I want to do in my application letters is type in, "Hire me already, goddammit!" although of course that won't work. Come on, you guys, I am a bilingual young woman with the brains to do a lot of difficult stuff. I speak better German than most people who apply for jobs here in Munich AND I speak perfect English! Why are people not throwing themselves at my feet to hire me?! I even specifically target jobs that require English and German, yet I still fail. Why? Cause I don't have the fucking paper that says I spent 3 years in an office, doing stuff I can do just fine - or HAVE been doing on on-off bases in other random offices - for the job I'm applying for? Fuck you guys, that type of paper is worthless.

C-A


Yeah, fuck this job economy.

Image
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4085

If the only people qualified for a job were those with experience in it, the moon would be devoid of human footprints.
Image
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9766

General Luigi wrote:
If the only people qualified for a job were those with experience in it, the moon would be devoid of human footprints.


Well I'm not trying to get onto the moon. I just want a decently paying job that doesn't involve me prostituting myself or lifting heavy stuff that I shouldn't due to a heart condition. Also no job where I do things that I legally can't and overall shouldn't do: like medicine stuff.

C-A
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:27 pm

Posts: 127

CatMuto wrote:
General Luigi wrote:
If the only people qualified for a job were those with experience in it, the moon would be devoid of human footprints.


Well I'm not trying to get onto the moon. I just want a decently paying job that doesn't involve me prostituting myself or lifting heavy stuff that I shouldn't due to a heart condition. Also no job where I do things that I legally can't and overall shouldn't do: like medicine stuff.

C-A

You mentioned earlier that you're a high level bilingual, have you tried getting a qualification in translation or interpretation? I know that opens a lot of doors. Though obviously, I know nothing about how the German system works.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9766

Quote:
You mentioned earlier that you're a high level bilingual, have you tried getting a qualification in translation or interpretation? I know that opens a lot of doors. Though obviously, I know nothing about how the German system works.


I have, although most of the time even they want you to have a learned profession as a translator. Which is pointless because wasting 3 years of my life on learning how to translate things that I'm already doing in my freetime, like writing my stories in English and then translating them into German, is really just pointless. I kinda regret doing the cosmetician training. For one, it wasted 5.200€ of my mother's and I get to hear that every time I complain about a lack of a job, I get repeatedly told to work in that profession she invested money in when I have told her that I can't since the perfumed lotions and similar give me migraines, and overall wasted my time.

C-A
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

The dwarf geeky panda!

Gender: Female

Location: Where am I?

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:10 am

Posts: 385

Why not offering tutoring service. I know a lot of parents are ready to pay a lot just to get someone to teach things to their children, like math or language. Try to put an ad in the streets, some location or in a newspaper.

The other option would be to write a book and become rich like JK Rowlings, Meyers and that woman who wrote Fifty shades of Grey. In that case you wouldn't even need a translator. XD
Please don't hit me...
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14014

Shao-Mae wrote:
Why not offering tutoring service. I know a lot of parents are ready to pay a lot just to get someone to teach things to their children, like math or language. Try to put an ad in the streets, some location or in a newspaper.

The other option would be to write a book and become rich like JK Rowlings, Meyers and that woman who wrote Fifty shades of Grey. In that case you wouldn't even need a translator. XD


Got a point about tutoring, wouldn't need anyone's professional approval then and there's plenty of clients.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9766

Shao-Mae wrote:
Why not offering tutoring service. I know a lot of parents are ready to pay a lot just to get someone to teach things to their children, like math or language. Try to put an ad in the streets, some location or in a newspaper.

The other option would be to write a book and become rich like JK Rowlings, Meyers and that woman who wrote Fifty shades of Grey. In that case you wouldn't even need a translator. XD


I can't tutor. I don't really have the patience for it and I overall don't really "get" grammar. I can't explain it, I'd just say "This is how it is. The way you previously used it is wrong." Also, most schools want you to use British English. I'm American, that already was a problem in school at times.

Well the writing a book and publishing idea had crossed my mind... but I'm not entirely sure what to write about, or how to write it. I mean, I don't want to write something completely dumb and it'll be gobbled up by the masses, it would be a black spot on my history for me. I mean, I don't want to insult the intelligence of my potential readers, I wanna give them something good. (Referring to Meyers and Fifty Shades here, JK did a good job with Harry Potter)

C-A
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9766

Mom says, after a short discussion on my not emptying the dishwasher yet, that "this might be a reason why nobody is giving [you] a job". To which all I can say is bullshit. For one, the dishwasher wasn't full enough when she left four days ago to merit a wash and I only filled it with used plates over the course of my being alone on Friday. Yes there were pots in the sink that need washing, but the dishwasher was not empty enough for that, it only had room for plates.

And also, I doubt any employer is not giving me a job cause I don't empty a dishwasher immediately. And if it's cause I don't make a responsible impression, well how am I supposed to make one if nobody ever gives me an option to display that during an interview or a job day or two, where all I'm supposed to do is just the "babywork" stuff, the stuff that I begin with... cause I can't think of a single job that would call me in for a practice day and immediately demand from me to be able to handle the big responsible stuff as soon as I step foot in there.

Finally, who cares if the dishwasher wasn't emptied for two days? She wasn't home until yesterday evening, she hasn't been home for 24 hours yet, it's not that big of a deal.

And now she just bugged me about how I am gonna look 23 years old when I apply to the clothes store tomorrow and not 17. Okay, first off, she can blame my genes for that that got me stuck at 1.65m and not the 1.70+ range that her siblings, she and my father and brother are at. (My brother and father are close to 2ms/6 feet) Second, I KNOW HOW TO DRESS FOR A DAMN JOB INTERVIEW!! Especially this one, where I don't know if it's job regulation or just a way to advertise their clothes, but the shop's women seem to wear the clothes they sell. I have one of their dresses and I'll wear it, jeez.

C-A
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

The dwarf geeky panda!

Gender: Female

Location: Where am I?

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:10 am

Posts: 385

CatMuto wrote:
I can't tutor. I don't really have the patience for it and I overall don't really "get" grammar. I can't explain it, I'd just say "This is how it is. The way you previously used it is wrong." Also, most schools want you to use British English. I'm American, that already was a problem in school at times.

Well the writing a book and publishing idea had crossed my mind... but I'm not entirely sure what to write about, or how to write it. I mean, I don't want to write something completely dumb and it'll be gobbled up by the masses, it would be a black spot on my history for me. I mean, I don't want to insult the intelligence of my potential readers, I wanna give them something good. (Referring to Meyers and Fifty Shades here, JK did a good job with Harry Potter)

C-A


I can understand that. Some anglophones here prefer teaching their child with a french french teacher rather than a canadian french one (geez at least canadians don't use as much anglicism than the french from France). But didn't you had a manga project on the rails (Shojo Deconstruct?) It could become a good parody if written well or drawn well in the case you still want it as a manga.

About your dishwasher thing. Maybe your mother was refering to your sense of initiative? Or maybe she's just a mother and like when things are done by themselves.
Please don't hit me...
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9766

I have, but it's a very slow project. Planning the story, I'm still working on more detailed appearances, events in the story - some that I'm still wondering if they would "fit" or just seem like I'm putting something in just to deconstruct it and similar. I might have to resort to asking more than just feedback from one person. (And his answer mostly is "it's your manga, you do with it what you want")

Possible. Or she's just nagging at me again cause I'm almost 24 and have no job and lack a drive at times. Heck, I'd probably write even more applications than I already do, if writing applications didn't start to make me cry at times.

C-A
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Posts: 1410

Great, let's see how this thread gets ruined by me again. Seems to be a patten with me. Ruining everything for others.

Anyways, today was the same horrible and gray day that I've become accustomed to. I woke up in the morning forcing myself to get up and go to school. I was yelled at by my father as usual, telling me that I'm lazy and nowhere near as good as his students. That they're all better than me. I went to the same fucking building with the same horrible parasitic leeches. I was treated coldly by the woman who used to be my girlfriend as usual. I tell her good luck for her choir auditions, and she snaps at me. I try to offer support when she obviously needs it, but am only rebuffed yet again. We talk about summer plans. She doesn't care about the fact that I've been abandoned and will be spending the entire vacation from school alone. She doesn't show any signs of emotion when I mention this. She doesn't care about me and neither does anyone else.

I have real conversations with no one, because I don't have friends. I eat lunch alone now in the library, because none of the people I sit with normally at lunch even bother to talk with me. I continue on to my AP US History class, only to once again feel miserable after being treated coldly by her. I go to my orchestra class and see another girl that I'm somewhat interested in, but know deep down that she feels nothing for me just like all the other bitches in this school. And then I finish my school day, go home to a household full of yelling and screaming from my brother and mother. I'm yelled at by my mother when I talk about me wanting to go to colleges outside where I'm currently living. She says that I make things, "too complicated," when I only want to escape these fucking horrible surroundings that are severely hindering my ability to be mentally healthy.

I'm typing this up now on my computer screen because I have nothing better to do. There's no one in my contacts who'd bother talking with me. I'm trying so hard not to cry my eyes out, but I've come to realized by now that tears or no tears, things stay exactly the same.

I'm going to go jogging after I finish this to just escape from this fucking house, but have to come back an hour later because I require dinner. Then I'm going to do whatever useless homework I have to finish for those goddam classes and halfheartedly study for ACT exams that I know I'll only do mediocre on. I'll attempt to learn some more Japanese, perhaps the only thing anymore that I somewhat enjoy. And then it'll just be me going to bed thinking about my worthless day and my worthless life, realizing that nothing matters and that I don't matter to anyone. The cycle will repeat tomorrow. And the next day. And the next day.

It's just the same tedium every single fucking day, with the same fucking people, and me having the same miserable time. Nothing is new. And as far as I'm concerned, there's no meaning in my life right now. I'm only alive because I don't even care enough to kill myself and honestly because I'm too much of a coward to do anything. So who the fuck cares what happens to me. I'm just going through the motions as a lifeless corpse. I don't expect anything to change anytime soon.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4085

My nose hates everyone and everything right now. Inside, outside, it doesn't matter. And today I have a headache thanks to all the sniffling I've done, yet I can't take anything for it lest it react with that useless pill I took yesterday--the pill had the most common side-effect, but did nothing else. Things could be a lot worse, but I'm not interested in one-upping anyone. Bottom line: I feel like говно right now.
Image
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14014

General Luigi wrote:
My nose hates everyone and everything right now. Inside, outside, it doesn't matter. And today I have a headache thanks to all the sniffling I've done, yet I can't take anything for it lest it react with that useless pill I took yesterday--the pill had the most common side-effect, but did nothing else. Things could be a lot worse, but I'm not interested in one-upping anyone. Bottom line: I feel like говно right now.


Likewise think Hayfever gets me.

I dislike when other peoples plans immediately take precedence over mind without consideration. My Dad said "I need you boys to get off work on the 15th, we're going to your cousin's wedding and someone has to represent the family at the village cricket match and someone has to watch your little brother"

Not only am I working on the 15th but it's a late-sleepover-early. Essentially do a shift, sleep on call and do an early shift in the morning. It's a lot of money and it's been in place for weeks. Yet I can't deny my little brother, in my ideal situation I'd think "screw the cricket game, the family just won't represent this year" but it's important for Dad. The least I can do is try I'll just feel like a jerk when I inevitably get the day off and my colleagues shun me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

The dwarf geeky panda!

Gender: Female

Location: Where am I?

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:10 am

Posts: 385

TopHat: You know the point of quitting someone is to stop dating and seeing each other. I don't know if you still have lingering feeling for your ex or whatsover but she doesn't want you in her life anymore and you should stop bothering her before you or her get hurt. People heals over time and thats's how many people overcome their heartbreak. I'm sure you'll recover better if you do not interact with her anymore and try to "forget her" (I think people should just accept that there was a was and now a then).

General Luigi: Are you sick or it's just those f*** allergies? Because I feel your pain (working outside with hayfever and some allergies that make my eyes hitch like hell). And who's robho?

Pierre: Can any other member of your family help you?


Today I started my summer job, the same I have for 2 years. I have been assingned to the same place but there is a new boss and she put me in the day shift that start at 6 am to 2 pm. That mean that I have to wake up at 4 AM and being sure to not mis the bus because if I do I'll be late of 30 minutes! Damn I already hate that shift!
Please don't hit me...
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14014

Shao-Mae wrote:
Pierre: Can any other member of your family help you?


Today I started my summer job, the same I have for 2 years. I have been assingned to the same place but there is a new boss and she put me in the day shift that start at 6 am to 2 pm. That mean that I have to wake up at 4 AM and being sure to not mis the bus because if I do I'll be late of 30 minutes! Damn I already hate that shift!


That sounds like a horrible shift, can't you talk to them about getting it changed?

My mum suggested we let Gran or another family member take care of my little brother but Dad's not keen on the idea.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Posts: 1410

Quote:
TopHat: You know the point of quitting someone is to stop dating and seeing each other. I don't know if you still have lingering feeling for your ex or whatsover but she doesn't want you in her life anymore and you should stop bothering her before you or her get hurt. People heals over time and thats's how many people overcome their heartbreak. I'm sure you'll recover better if you do not interact with her anymore and try to "forget her" (I think people should just accept that there was a was and now a then).


I have no choice, because she's in my classes. And let me tell you, I'm already plenty hurt and time doesn't do jackshit over me. I've been traumatized and betrayed by so many people over the years. You think time has solved anything for me? Because it hasn't. I go through this pain every single day of loneliness and it won't stop hurting. Whether I see her or I don't, I still end up feeling horrible.

School's over in less than two weeks. During the summer I'll be alone. I don't have any friends, so there's no one to hang out with or socialize. My girlfriend told me that we'd spend time together, but now that's never going to happen. She going to phase me out of her life. She's going away for several weeks and no longer returns my texts. I've been abandoned yet again.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4085

Shao-Mae wrote:
General Luigi: Are you sick or it's just those f*** allergies? Because I feel your pain (working outside with hayfever and some allergies that make my eyes hitch like hell). And who's robho?

As far as I can tell, it's just these ёбанные allergies. And "говно" (pronounced "gahv-NO") is a Russian curse word.
Image
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

The dwarf geeky panda!

Gender: Female

Location: Where am I?

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:10 am

Posts: 385

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
Quote:
TopHat: You know the point of quitting someone is to stop dating and seeing each other. I don't know if you still have lingering feeling for your ex or whatsover but she doesn't want you in her life anymore and you should stop bothering her before you or her get hurt. People heals over time and thats's how many people overcome their heartbreak. I'm sure you'll recover better if you do not interact with her anymore and try to "forget her" (I think people should just accept that there was a was and now a then).


I have no choice, because she's in my classes. And let me tell you, I'm already plenty hurt and time doesn't do jackshit over me. I've been traumatized and betrayed by so many people over the years. You think time has solved anything for me? Because it hasn't. I go through this pain every single day of loneliness and it won't stop hurting. Whether I see her or I don't, I still end up feeling horrible.

School's over in less than two weeks. During the summer I'll be alone. I don't have any friends, so there's no one to hang out with or socialize. My girlfriend told me that we'd spend time together, but now that's never going to happen. She going to phase me out of her life. She's going away for several weeks and no longer returns my texts. I've been abandoned yet again.


Why not doing a community project with people on the net? Like a game, a comic, a writting thing, a fanfiction, a video or something you can do by yourself like gardening or learning a new language and stuff? Get out, go to the gym, go to some random event in your town, go see a movie, or do volonteer work, I'm sure you're not the only one who feel alone! Go outside! Meet new people! If you go in the fan game section of this forum people are always looking for programmers and testers. Hey I have no friend either but I still manage to keep myself occuppied so I can open some nice opportunities later.


General Luigi: Now I have discovered how much russian is different of french.

Pierre: No, normally I would be on the night shift (2pm to 10 pm) but this time my boss didn't let me chose and someone is already set to do this shift. Oh well, I hope I could be move to my ancient shift during the summer. I think what's bothering me the most id the fact that there is so little to do in the morning yet this is the time when everyone is in the building.
Please don't hit me...
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Posts: 1410

Quote:
Why not doing a community project with people on the net? Like a game, a comic, a writting thing, a fanfiction, a video or something you can do by yourself like gardening or learning a new language and stuff? Get out, go to the gym, go to some random event in your town, go see a movie, or do volonteer work, I'm sure you're not the only one who feel alone! Go outside! Meet new people! If you go in the fan game section of this forum people are always looking for programmers and testers. Hey I have no friend either but I still manage to keep myself occuppied so I can open some nice opportunities later.


Those are all distractions. Where I live, the people are fucking terrible and you don't make friends with someone as different as me. I've lived here my whole life. I know how the system works. It's these fucking people which have driven me to this misery. I've tried making friends for so long, but no one ever wants to make the effort back. I've given my number. I've texted. No one cares enough to be real friends with me.

I'm part of an online fan translation product for 428: In A Blockaded Shibuya.
http://thepunkeffect.com/?p=16938

I already go jogging. Nearly every day. Alone. Like I always have.

I see plenty of movies. Alone. Like I always have.

I've done volunteer work for school. Alone. Like I always have.

See a pattern here? All of these are just distractions that DON'T fix my problems and they DON'T change anything. And inevitably I end up thinking about why I'm so miserable. Once everything's done, it only gets worse.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

The dwarf geeky panda!

Gender: Female

Location: Where am I?

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:10 am

Posts: 385

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
I've done volunteer work for school. Alone. Like I always have.

See a pattern here? All of these are just distractions that DON'T fix my problems and they DON'T change anything. And inevitably I end up thinking about why I'm so miserable. Once everything's done, it only gets worse.


Hum... Don't you actually MEET people when you volunteer? What kind of volunteering do you do?
Please don't hit me...
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Posts: 1410

Quote:
Hum... Don't you actually MEET people when you volunteer? What kind of volunteering do you do?


School events, the library, children's theater, stuff around my district. I can't leave where I live because my mother won't let me. Pathetic, but that's how it is.

So whatever I do, it's still the same shitty shallow people. And I've tried making friends with the people here. The ones that seem decent turn out to be just as bad. I learned that lesson when my girlfriend abandoned me like everyone else.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Explorer

Gender: Male

Location: The Yggdrasil Labyrinth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 am

Posts: 737

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
I can't leave where I live because my mother won't let me. Pathetic, but that's how it is.

:think-think-think: Why's that? Unless you're under 18, the only reasons to not leave would be money and an inability to find a place to stay, right?
...But if you're not legally an adult, you're kinda stuck.
Image
Well? Are we going or what?
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Posts: 1410

AlonsoSwift wrote:
TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
I can't leave where I live because my mother won't let me. Pathetic, but that's how it is.

:think-think-think: Why's that? Unless you're under 18, the only reasons to not leave would be money and an inability to find a place to stay, right?
...But if you're not legally an adult, you're kinda stuck.


Yes, I'm under 18. Still 16, and I haven't even learned how to drive yet.

The only time I ever even took the train by myself was when I was with my girlfriend for that anime convention. She was on there with me. So as you can imagine, even just thinking about going on that train brings back painful memories. Unfortunately, I also get the same feeling when I got to the Exchange. It's a retro video games, movies, and music store. That was the first time we ever went out on a date and the first time we kissed. That place used to be my favorite spot in my entire district. Now, I have so much mixed feelings when I go back there. On one hand, it's still the same great store. But on the other hand, it reminds me too much of her.

Fuck, I hate this. I hate how messed up my life is. If anyone cares to read it, I decided to write a full post of what happened to me on my Tumblr.
http://foxhounder1014.tumblr.com/post/8 ... -miserable
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Posts: 1410

Another awful day.

Some fucking parasite who I don't even know texts me and later tells me that I'm a creep and obsessive for still being hurt over my girlfriend. Shut the fuck up you asshole. Who the hell are you to tell me what I can and cannot feel? You don't know me and you don't know my life. So get the fuck out of my face.

And today I also learned that I really don't have any friends like I've been saying to myself this whole time. My so-called "best friend" was right there when the whole conversation happened. And you know what he did? Absolutely fucking nothing. He just stood there while this bastard said that shit to me. I'm not surprised though. He never does anything for me, nor does he ever show any indication that he cares for me.

The only thing this guy ever did for me was buy me a copy of GTAIV, and that was during CHRISTMAS out of politeness.

When a fucking joke. I invite this guy over to my house. I serve him dinner multiple times. Whenever we go anywhere, I'm always paying. Whenever I'm talking to this guy about me or the issues I'm facing, he doesn't even listen. He's distracted by other people. He's never shown any indication that I mean anything to him. And this is someone who's actually a half-decent guy compared to the rest of the people where I live.

It never ends. It's always the fucking same routine day in and day out. I'm not getting any better. I can't take this anymore.
Page 1 of 34 [ 1342 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO