Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 1[ 19 posts ]

one 3ds gameTopic%20Title

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

I am very tempted but to not spend so much in one go i am only buying one game at a time finish it then get another I like rpg's and text based games.

value for money I am looking towards

duel destinies
PW vs PL
fire embelm awaking
bravley default
pokemon x/y or AR/AS
Ocarina of time
link between worlds

i am not fussed about interenet extras unless they free

Any advice would be great

any other recommendations would be cool
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Re: one 3ds gameTopic%20Title

Well, here it depends on what you want out of a game. Do you want a lot of hours that you can spend on the game, maybe even new game plus or post-plot content? Cause if so, I would say do not get Ocarina of Time or Link Between Worlds. The plot isn't long and even collecting things, LBW won't take more than about 10 to 12 hours and that's giving you extra time.

C-A

Games that have good value for money lol
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

1000% Knight

davech1987 wrote:
Games that have good value for money lol

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

If you go for competitive battling you can also get tons of time from Pokemon, but obviously not quite as much if you just do the main story.

Also, out of the games you mentioned, Bravely Default is hands-down the best and you should definitely get it.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Quote:

Uh, I would only suggest to buy that game if you enjoy grinding. For everything. Quests, materials to make armor and weapons out of...

Quote:
Also, out of the games you mentioned, Bravely Default is hands-down the best and you should definitely get it.

I dunno if that actually works. As good as it may be, the plot reason behind it happening (read: not opening your mouth about something important) is disgusting and the rehash of things later on is just... not enjoyable.

C-A

1000% Knight

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

Uh, I would only suggest to buy that game if you enjoy grinding. For everything. Quests, materials to make armor and weapons out of...

Well that's where the money-value comes from xP

thanks i did play monster hunter for psp and found it too hard lol

bravely default does appeal so thanks :)

Gettin' Old!

davech1987 wrote:
thanks i did play monster hunter for psp and found it too hard lol

bravely default does appeal so thanks :)

Bravely default has potentially more grinding and more monotonous grinding that monster hunter xD

Though its absolutely right that monster hunter is still a bit of an acquired taste
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Let me check my stash here...

Ocarina of Time 3D is a must if you were a fan of the original. About the only design change I wasn't crazy about was Ruto's eyes off the top of my head. I also really enjoyed A Link Between Worlds, although CatMuto's right about it being short. The plot also has a really bad "just eat Gilligan" moment where there's really obvious solution to a problem, but no one can seem to figure that out, but then, I don't exactly play LoZ for the plot (mostly, there are a few exceptions).

If you're an Ace Attorney fan, I suggest the AA Trilogy, Dual Destinies, and or Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright.

Etrian Odyssey Untold is another good one, but there's good amount of grinding necessary to stay alive as you go further into the labyrinth. (heck, if you're playing classic mode, you'll need to do a lot of grinding just to make it past the first floor).

If I were to say which one I'd go with for if I could only pick one of those? I'd say go with OoT, just because once you're done with the main game, you can try the Master Quest if you're up for a challenge and would like to replay the game.

TheDoctor wrote:
If I were to say which one I'd go with for if I could only pick one of those? I'd say go with OoT, just because once you're done with the main game, you can try the Master Quest if you're up for a challenge and would like to replay the game.

But what if you didn't enjoy the game? It's money down the drain because you are unlikely to play it again. (Also, yes, I am living proof that someone can not enjoy Ocarina)

And how can you forget the updated graphics for the Redeads? They were kinda creepy in the N64/GC version. With the updated graphics, they just look silly!

C-A

1000% Knight

Honestly, I'd only recommend OoT3D to people who haven't played the original at all. In my opinion, unless you adored the original and can find a cheap copy, it just isn't worth shelling out the cash to play the exact same game over again.

I haven't played MM3D, but I'm assuming it's the same with that.

I've also heard that the classes/balancing in EO4 is better than in EOU, so... there's also that.

CatMuto wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:

But what if you didn't enjoy the game? It's money down the drain because you are unlikely to play it again. (Also, yes, I am living proof that someone can not enjoy Ocarina)

And how can you forget the updated graphics for the Redeads? They were kinda creepy in the N64/GC version. With the updated graphics, they just look silly!

C-A

Never spent more time than necessary around the Redeads, so I'm not really the best person to ask. Also, my post assumes that the OP ends up enjoying the game like I did. OoT isn't necessarily my favorite 3D Zelda (that one goes to Twilight Princess), but I do enjoy it a lot, and it's a lot easier on my eyes than the N64 original which sadly hasn't aged as well as Super Mario 64 or the like.

On the other hand, if the OP doesn't particularly care for it, he could always try reselling it. Which at least is possible with OoT3D, unlike the Ace Attorney Trilogy or Dual Destinies.

Bad Player wrote:
I haven't played MM3D, but I'm assuming it's the same with that.

I'm watching Sena playing through it right now and, other than the clock now being a timebar at the bottom (likely to avoid cluttering the screen on the 3DS with the huge clock), getting the bomber notebook from the Salesman rather than the Bombers themselves from what I've seen and the owl statues now having a savebook on them, I honestly saw no differences. At least, up to now. Well, gyroscope for aiming but... don't count that.

Quote:
and it's a lot easier on my eyes than the N64 original which sadly hasn't aged as well as Super Mario 64 or the like.

Of course Ocarina has aged badly. Even the 3DS version is an aged version. Sure the graphics were updated (making Link look hilariously girlish in my opinion) and you now got gyroscope for aiming, but the game still has the same issues as before. Navi STILL pops up ten minutes into the game to repeatedly remind me where I have to go (I don't care how often people complain about Fi, but she left me goddamn alone if I decided to not proceed in the plot and only mentioned it if I specifically called her for it) and the aiming and battle is STILL just as clunky as it was on the previous consoles.

C-A

Is it worth getting a 3ds just for AA:DD ??

Gettin' Old!

davech1987 wrote:

No but there's plenty of good reasons along with AA:DD to get one.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

davech1987 wrote:

No. Never buy a console just for one single game. Make sure there are multiple games already released (or very close to be released) on the console you might want to purchase. I'd say at least 5 games.

C-A

Yep, that's my rule too. 5 games, no less. My only exception is whichever console MegaMan Legends 3 ends up coming out on, and even then, it would have to be something easily affordable (worst case scenario, I'd buy the game before the console, just to support the IP).

well I can think of at lease 5 games I would like lol thanks all

Coffee loving prosecutor

Fire Emblem is my pick. If you like strategy games, this is a good one. The plot is meh, but not that I play games for the plot exclussively. It has a nice length, not too short and not too long either and it's fun.
If you beat the main campaign you can download some extra chapters for free and get new characters that appeared in previous game of the saga.

However, they look nothing like them. And the character models have no feet.
Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station