Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 99 of 99[ 3931 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99

Re: Random conversations about GamesTopic%20Title

Socot wrote:
Do these backstories affect any lines? Do they provide even minute foreshadowing?

Far as I recall, the FTEs in DR are mostly there to expand on the background of the character.
But they don't actually affect anything in the plot line.

C-A

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Anyway, I finally have some free time so I decided to download Lady Layton on my iOS and I've finished about 3 cases now. It's enjoyable, but the puzzles are easier than PLvsAA, which is saying a lot. It reminds me of Layton Brothers with the case solving style but still sticks to the traditional Layton style in each case. It feels really weird.
A great man once wrote:
Battery? But where is Ballery?

Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore

Hey, no need to tell me that VI and VII's stories are pretty dang similar! :will:
I've known it for years and it's one of the reasons I don't find Sephiroth that great.

C-A

Just leaving this here. I don't play KH, so...

C-A

CatMuto wrote:

Just leaving this here. I don't play KH, so...

C-A

Well there's the problem, they're treating Dolan Donald like a healer. In my experience, he's more like a bad Red Mage in FFXIV; he tosses out spells, occasionally heals when you don't need it, and is always out of MP when you need healing. The difference is that in KH, you can 100% rely on gitting gud to work around this.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

My favourite part of ZTD is
Spoiler: Spoilers: First 10 minutes
The stupid fake out ending. You flip the coin and suddenly Zero lets you out and the game ends

I actually do wish it ended there tbh

A great man once wrote:
Battery? But where is Ballery?

Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore

I know this topic is old, but after discussing with somebody on YouTube comments, I just wanted to say Kanji from Persona 4 isn’t straight. lol No. At least not fullblown straight. I agree that his sexuality isn’t the main point of the character, but he isn’t straight. I think anyone who says otherwise is either lying to themselves or interpreting in incorrectly.

My view is: Kanji was attracted to Naoto when he thought she was a guy, and remained attracted to her when he “discovered” she is a girl. Therefore, Kanji is attracted to Naoto regardless of her gender, which probably puts him on the pan/bi spectrum. But he can’t be straight. His shadow wasn’t only about him enjoying feminine stuff, but also about repressed sexuality IMO.

Thelema wrote:
I know this topic is old, but after discussing with somebody on YouTube comments, I just wanted to say Kanji from Persona 4 isn’t straight. lol No. At least not fullblown straight. I agree that his sexuality isn’t the main point of the character, but he isn’t straight. I think anyone who says otherwise is either lying to themselves or interpreting in incorrectly.

My view is: Kanji was attracted to Naoto when he thought she was a guy, and remained attracted to her when he “discovered” she is a girl. Therefore, Kanji is attracted to Naoto regardless of her gender, which probably puts him on the pan/bi spectrum. But he can’t be straight. His shadow wasn’t only about him enjoying feminine stuff, but also about repressed sexuality IMO.

I disagree. Mostly because, if you listen to what his shadow says and how he acts, as well as what Kanji says upon confronting his shadow, he admits that it was 'never about [his] orientation'. He just wanted to 'be accepted' because he had some typically feminine hobbies in the form of knitting little dolls and art.

But that's something that I don't like about the translation of P4. The way it ended up portraying Naoto and Kanji to the western audience. Their problems are very heavily based on the ingrained idea of 'feminine' and 'masculine' gender roles in Japan - which are still very big there. Naoto wants to join the police force, which is something that doesn't really have a lot of tolerance for women and many get the less 'exciting' jobs, if you want to call it that. (And her shadow saying she would change her gender is less about BEING a transgender and more about being the gender that WOULDN'T be ridiculed on the force) Kanji's hobbies are very feminine and, in Japan, diverting from this stereotype/ideal of being a 'man' can get you in a lot of hot water.

Spoiler: Danganronpa
It's the exact same reason as why Chihiro is crossdressing. He doesn't want to BE a woman, he just wants to be left alone because he isn't what Japanese people expect a boy to be.

C-A

@CatMuto C’mon. What he says means nothing, this “it was never about (...)” statement is completely vague and can be interpreted in multiple different ways. During the Investigation Team’s first meetings with the guy, we can see that he is completely nervous around Naoto. “I’m a guy, he is a guy, but he wants to talk to me...?” lol. He is completely insecure about his sexual orientation to the point a straight person wouldn’t normally be. He becomes frightened when Yousuke jokes about it (during the camp episode). It is a total sore spot for him. His shadow isn’t just about hobbies and gender roles. My interpretation of him has always been that he was into Naoto right from the beginning (while thinking she was a guy), but after he discovered she is a girl, he became more upfront/open about it because it is more socially acceptable. Of course, I may be wrong, but I don’t think so (I think my interpretation of him is the correct one).

Regarding Naoto, I never saw her as Transgender. I always thought she herself was kind of apathetic towards her gender, but wanted a male presentation because of the practical benefits it would bring to her in a society that was restricting her interests/self-expression. I’m not as confident about my interpretation of her as I am of my interpretation of Kanji, though.

Spoiler: Mass Effect 2's last mission
I LET GARRUS DIE :sob:
Also Legion and Samara died. And Mordin kinda just fell over for no explained reason.
Good game, though. I'd get the sequel if it didn't require Origin on PC.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

sumguy28 wrote:
Spoiler: Mass Effect 2's last mission
I LET GARRUS DIE :sob:
Also Legion and Samara died. And Mordin kinda just fell over for no explained reason.
Good game, though. I'd get the sequel if it didn't require Origin on PC.

That's uh...that's pretty bad. My condolences, I'm sorry that Miranda survived.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Page 99 of 99 [ 3931 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station