Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 40 of 41[ 1621 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Re: Last Game You Bought.Topic%20Title

First Cases are always pretty bad, being all introductory - even in T&T, which for one is a huge spoiler for the first game, and is actually a somewhat important case, treats you like a moron holding a DS for the first time.

Link's Crossbow Training - for the Wii.
I upgraded to the Gamestop+ Card and the computer refused to transfer my (puny) 10€ money from the old to the new card. So I looked around for cheap-ass games and saw the Crossbow Training for 9.99€ for sale. I got it and love it.
I keep reading how bad it is, well... it kinda is?
It's basically just shooting things - but I love using the bow and the graphics are great. Plus, being somewhat competitive, I like attempting to beat my own record and get better Medals.

C-A

Quote:

My guess is it's seen by people as sholveware, only made to sell that crossbow accessory. And they used the Zelda series to do that.
Personally, I don't really care about it, and I doubt it's nearly as bad as people make it seem (for the reason mentionned above). It looks like a pretty decent and rather fun game, which does exactly what it says on the box.

(Personally, if this was another company and/or on Wii U, it might've been released as paid DLC for TP. Would've been cool, I think!
ImageImageImage

Ace Sidekick!

Quote:
First Cases are always pretty bad, being all introductory - even in T&T, which for one is a huge spoiler for the first game, and is actually a somewhat important case, treats you like a moron holding a DS for the first time.

I liked the first cases of the first three games...at least they were fun for me and kept me on the edge of my seat, the first case of AJ messed with my mind, and I just wanted to get it over with.

Spoiler: 4-1
I was surprised Apollo didn't get disbarred for using forged evidence, and if memory serves I don't think Kristoph had any motive for murdering Smith. And I was really disgusted by Phoenix's new personality. I am willing to give the new characters in AJ a chance, but I really didn't expect Phoenix to take a total nosedive in terms of character development. -_-

The Real Human Being

Starfox Command

The game itself is fun but some of the endings are like a furry's wet dream.

Ace Sidekick!

DoMaya wrote:
Starfox Command

I played starfox command and I can see why some endings are like parts of less than perfect fanfictions. (Still better than anything I could write though.) I don't understand why you feel some endings are like a furry's wet dream though.

Gettin' Old!

Emiko Gale wrote:
DoMaya wrote:
Starfox Command

I played starfox command and I can see why some endings are like parts of less than perfect fanfictions. (Still better than anything I could write though.) I don't understand why you feel some endings are like a furry's wet dream though.

How bad is it?

I got Asura's Wrath and 2008 Prince of Persia (the red and blue sash wearin one)

GONNA BURST FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF :zennybw:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ace Sidekick!

Quote:
How bad is it?

I don't feel any reason to bash on the endings, some I consider good and some I consider decent.

L~A wrote:
Quote:

My guess is it's seen by people as sholveware, only made to sell that crossbow accessory. And they used the Zelda series to do that.

Speaking of that Zapper Accessory.... it's not needed.
I played it without the zapper and it was just fine - Okay, my shoulder hurt like hell, but it does that with Skyward Sword as well. I was thinking if the Zapper was needed and my husband offered to just use his since nobody else uses it. I looked at it again and.... I dunno, the thought of putting my remote there just to hold it like that seems weird. And unnecessary.

Quote:
I liked the first cases of the first three games...at least they were fun for me and kept me on the edge of my seat, the first case of AJ messed with my mind, and I just wanted to get it over with.

It's like items in Harry Potter - what seems insignificant or useless in the beginning makes sense in the last few books. Like the Vanishing Cabinet. Mentioned in Book 2, becomes important in Book 6.
And actually, Apollo never really presented the Ace... I think. He just held it up and Kristoph was all "GASPETH!!" at seeing it.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

I thought the zapper looked cool and handy. They released a stream of shooter games later on like Darkside Chronicles so I guess they felt the zapper helped conjure up that 'arcade' feel of lightgun games where you would have a huge gun peripheral to shoot with.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The man who decides the verdict

I've been playing Halo 4. I think it's the best FPS of 2012 quite honestly x3

You look like you have a big vocabulary.

Probably Fruit Ninja!
Would you kiss a certain Ace Attorney character? Or would you dismiss them?
~ Play Kiss or Dismiss! ~

Get the tables!

To give a brief recap of a far longer review that can be found on my Deviantart Journal (that's not a plug, I'm just giving the source), I bought four games for 70 bucks total with Christmas money. None over 20 bucks.

Quick breakdown: Way of the Samurai 3 is really good, Beautiful Katamari is decent, I'm not touching Street Fighter X Tekken until I get the DLC characters, and Dead Or Alive Extreme 2 is rated boobs.

Overall, I'm still playing WWE 13 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 until I can afford the rest of the bits and pieces of the games that I bought.
http://wblstudios.deviantart.com

Your home for anime, fan fiction, wrestling, crossovers, anything that doesn't involve too much effort.

Jack McCoy: Ace Prosecutor coming soon.

The Twisted Samurai

Demon´s Souls.

Cant get enough of da Soul-Series.
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

The Real Human Being

Pokemon Black 2, I got Oshawott and named him Jack.

Professional Alvin Lover

The World Ends With You and InuYasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask

Importing Knight of Ratatosk - see if the Japanese voices will make me enjoy this game more.

Gonna import Final Fantasy XIII-2 for the PS3 next - again, because of voices...

C-A

The Zelda Geek

Fire Emblem Awakening.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

ToonBlade wrote:
Fire Emblem Awakening.

Bastard. I'm still waiting for my copy from Amazon, and I don't feel like going brick-and-mortar since I bought the game with Gift Cards.

On topic: Virtue's Last Reward. I'm really digging the flowchart they gave me.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Let it go and move it move it

I got a Link to the Past the other day. More Legend of Zelda goodness. :will:

Blak The Great wrote:

I really want that game and the first one in the series. They both look so good.
Within Temptation

CatMuto wrote:
Importing Knight of Ratatosk - see if the Japanese voices will make me enjoy this game more.

For someone who apparently has so many issues with that game, you sure are spending a lot of money on it. :gregory:

Last game I bought was Bayonetta a few weeks ago. Now that I finally have my PS3 working again, maybe I'll actually play it.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

For someone who apparently has so many issues with that game, you sure are spending a lot of money on it. :gregory:

Yeah, I guess it's just part of my OCD gamer-ness that causes me to have to play a game in the original version so I can say I 100% Completed both versions.... And while I dislike this game immensely, I do think it could be a really, really fun game.
If Namco hadn't been fucking idiots and worked on Tales of Vesperia and Knight of Ratatosk at the same time, ending with Ratatosk getting a smaller budget which really, really shows. Lack of some sidequests, costume titles, cooking for humans and the Symphonia Cast being EXP-Locked... really, had it had a bigger budget, it might be fun! Right now, I mostly enjoy the badly hidden homosexuality between Emil/Ratatosk and Richter. Oh, and Aster.
Maybe Namco will, one day, create a Remake or Reimagining. They're already making that for Hearts, Innocence and Tempest.
Besides, it wasn't expensive... 30€ :redd:

Pikmin for the Gamecube.
I had the game before and I sold it, but now I want it again cause I never really finished the game.
Plus, I found it super cheap!

C-A

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Alice: Madness Returns. Oh, and how I am loving it so... Hatter, Hare, and Dormouse are awesome, and so is the Carpenter.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Lucy wrote:

Blak The Great wrote:

I really want that game and the first one in the series. They both look so good.

I can't even begin to describe how much I love 999 and VLR.

So... my copy of Fire Emblem from Amazon finally shipped on Thursday and it made it to my post office this morning. Excited, I came home from work expecting to relax and play some Fire Emblem. But lo and behold it never made it to my house. It showed up as delivered on Amazon, but it was nowhere to be found. FML. Goddamn Fire Emblem problems left and right. Anyways I emailed them, so hopefully I get my damn game. I want to be able to download my free DLC goddamnit.

Ordered Rune Factory 4 for the 3DS an hour ago.

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

I envy you people. You guys have been buying games like it's bubble gum and I still can't get my hands on Ace Attorney: Investigations. x_x

Emiko Gale wrote:
I envy you people. You guys have been buying games like it's bubble gum and I still can't get my hands on Ace Attorney: Investigations. x_x

Isn't it getting rare? :gregory:
But the game should be getting quite cheap...

And I am still on the poor line. I only made 200€ in February, pretty much half of that is already gone, and because of so many new people at my work that have to be broken in, I'm not getting called in for the majority of this month.... so even less money coming in. (Not to mention the time off I'll require in May during my bf's visit)

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

CatMuto wrote:
Emiko Gale wrote:

Isn't it getting rare? :gregory:
But the game should be getting quite cheap...

And I am still on the poor line. I only made 200€ in February, pretty much half of that is already gone, and because of so many new people at my work that have to be broken in, I'm not getting called in for the majority of this month.... so even less money coming in. (Not to mention the time off I'll require in May during my bf's visit)

C-A

I'm hoping it's gonna be cheap, because ever so often I buy something from this nice Japanese woman at the mall.

Jeez, sorry to hear that, but hey, at least with you being called in less there will be less stress. ^^; (I'm really bad at cheering people up ._.)

Emiko Gale wrote:
Jeez, sorry to hear that, but hey, at least with you being called in less there will be less stress. ^^; (I'm really bad at cheering people up ._.)

Yeah, it is kind of nice.... now if only I could find a decent way to get paid by playing videogames or surf the internet all day. It'd be perfect. No going out in terrible weather, not having to deal with colleagues. :redd:

Eh, I'm terrible at seeming like a caring person as well - I don't know how to cheer people up and sound sincere while doing so. In general, I don't quite know how to seem caring towards others. My reaction when I heard almost 10 years ago that my cousin had shot herself: "Oh"

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

:beef: oh boy. My reaction probably would've been similar, it's just hard for me to respect someone who ended their own life.

Well I used to be a lot more caring than this, but I kind of realized that I'm self absorbed and I think a may have a phobia for loving or caring for others. Who knows! v_v I'm not proud of this but that's the way it is.

Emiko Gale wrote:
:beef: oh boy. My reaction probably would've been similar, it's just hard for me to respect someone who ended their own life.

Well I used to be a lot more caring than this, but I kind of realized that I'm self absorbed and I think a may have a phobia for loving or caring for others. Who knows! v_v I'm not proud of this but that's the way it is.

I have this weird thing that when something bad happens I start grinning like an idiot. I have no idea why and even though I might be upset about what has happened I can't stop grinning. It's really awkward and most of the time I have to cover my mouth and act like I'm crying or something. (^^:)
Within Temptation

Ace Sidekick!

Lucy wrote:
Emiko Gale wrote:

I have this weird thing that when something bad happens I start grinning like an idiot. I have no idea why and even though I might be upset about what has happened I can't stop grinning. It's really awkward and most of the time I have to cover my mouth and act like I'm crying or something. (^^:)

That reminds me of something I did in the past that I actually feel guilt about.

I finally bought 999 the other day and it has just arrived in the mail. :maya: From what everyone has said, it seems like a really good game. So good that I also ordered VLR, which hasn't arrived yet.

I'll start playing it today.
Within Temptation

Story writer and music lover.

I have Virtue's Last Reward (and have gotten one of the character endings), but I can never really get myself to play it for some reason. Kind of a shame, because I enjoyed 999 quite a bit.

As for the game I last bought? It's the same one as the one I'm currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening. Aside from playing a bit of the GBA one on an emulator, this is the first FE game I've played. It's pretty fun.
--Millini (Official CR Rock Prince and Gavinism convert.)

Remember how I ordered RF4 for the 3DS about two weeks ago?
Well it still hasn't been shipped, so I asked Play-Asia and they said they don't have it yet and don't know when the shipper will hand it in for shipping..... then why did you have it displayed as Available and Shipped Within A Week!?
So now I'm asking if I can cancel that order and get the money back.... cause then I'll probably order.

Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side Premium: 3rd Story (PSP)
Goddammit, these titles are getting longer and longer! XD

C-A

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

I spent a lot of money importing Fate Extra CCC for the PSP. I don't even own a PSP.... Why did I buy it you ask? For the swag of course!

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Well it still hasn't been shipped, so I asked Play-Asia and they said they don't have it yet and don't know when the shipper will hand it in for shipping..... then why did you have it displayed as Available and Shipped Within A Week!?
So now I'm asking if I can cancel that order and get the money back.... cause then I'll probably order.

C-A

My heart always hardens slightly when I see RF_ as something someone is getting. In my head I think it's the name of a pirating device for DS's and such.

But knowing you it's probably Rune Factory yeah?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

My heart always hardens slightly when I see RF_ as something someone is getting. In my head I think it's the name of a pirating device for DS's and such.

But knowing you it's probably Rune Factory yeah?

These devices are called R4's, but you're close Pierre. I'll admit that it'd be nifty if one was made for to bypass the 3DS' retarded region lock BS.

Blak The Great wrote:
These devices are called R4's, but you're close Pierre. I'll admit that it'd be nifty if one was made for to bypass the 3DS' retarded region lock BS.

If I bought one of those I'd kick myself in the ovaries for having to buy a Japanese 3DS three years ago and buying a European 3DS this year. :gant:
Seriously, I hate region lock. Why must they put it on stuff? Because they want a fair market price? Well if they don't localize this stuff outside of a certain market, how is it supposed to have a fair price all over the world?

And I'd like to correct something. In my last post I said I cancelled my order of RF4 (Yes, Rune Factory 4, Pierre) and got Girl's Side Premium instead. I didn't - having played the DS version over and over recently, I got a bit tired of it.
I actually bought Hero of Leaf Valley off of Amazon as my last game.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:

If I bought one of those I'd kick myself in the ovaries for having to buy a Japanese 3DS three years ago and buying a European 3DS this year. :gant:
Seriously, I hate region lock. Why must they put it on stuff? Because they want a fair market price? Well if they don't localize this stuff outside of a certain market, how is it supposed to have a fair price all over the world?

And I'd like to correct something. In my last post I said I cancelled my order of RF4 (Yes, Rune Factory 4, Pierre) and got Girl's Side Premium instead. I didn't - having played the DS version over and over recently, I got a bit tired of it.
I actually bought Hero of Leaf Valley off of Amazon as my last game.

C-A

If you did get it I'd probably end up kicking both of you.
Pirating games ain't so funny and I always got irritated seeing it done.
Plus I think I heard pirating played a large part in the downfall of Cing who gave us Hotel Dusk and the like.

I'd quite like to try Rune Factory sometime, from what I've heard it's harvest moon with combat, and that's sort of ok with me...but it just doesn't fall within my interests enough for me to go and buy it with my income when there's other more interesting to me games out there.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
If you did get it I'd probably end up kicking both of you.
Pirating games ain't so funny and I always got irritated seeing it done.
Plus I think I heard pirating played a large part in the downfall of Cing who gave us Hotel Dusk and the like.

I'd quite like to try Rune Factory sometime, from what I've heard it's harvest moon with combat, and that's sort of ok with me...but it just doesn't fall within my interests enough for me to go and buy it with my income when there's other more interesting to me games out there.

Well I already own an Acekard for the DS. My excuse is: As a kid, making money was extremely difficult. Even if I had an allowance my parents were pretty against my buying games with my money. My dad got me the Acekard, so I wouldn't ask them to buy me games anymore.
You can kick me now.
#firstworldproblems
Page 40 of 41 [ 1621 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station