Page 52 of 61[ 2410 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 61  Next

Re: [PAL as well!] Virtue's Last Reward: 999 Sequel (3DS/VitTopic%20Title

Dio and Clover if they traded eyes xD

Gettin' Old!

The bottom left is right "Ouch"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
The bottom left is right "Ouch"

Dio looks so much more prettier though :sparkly-maggey: xD

Hoooooooollllllllly shiiiiiit. I just beat the game (all endings) and I can say my mind is blown. I really wasn't expecting much from this game but it was way better and smarter than I expected. The ending was really clever. Few things I didn't get though

Spoiler:
How did Ace recognize the 9th man, Snake, and the Captain? How did he know who they were and that he had to kill them?

Why was June always getting so sick?

Who was the killer in the submarine ending? Are we supposed to assume Ace feigned death? Furthermore, who unlocked the doors in the submarine ending? How was this done without the Jupiter key?

What was the point of making June's bracelet 9 (even though the display was 6), Santa's bracelet 0 (even though the display was 3), and the Captain's bracelet 6 (even though the display was 0)? What benefit did this add to the game? Why is there no bracelet number 3 in the game?

What did Junpei mean at the end when he said there was no detonator in their bracelets? What about the 9th man? Were he and Guy X the only ones with explosives in their stomachs?

1000% Knight

JesusMonroe wrote:
Hoooooooollllllllly shiiiiiit. I just beat the game (all endings) and I can say my mind is blown. I really wasn't expecting much from this game but it was way better and smarter than I expected. The ending was really clever. Few things I didn't get though

Spoiler:
How did Ace recognize the 9th man, Snake, and the Captain? How did he know who they were and that he had to kill them?

Who was the killer in the submarine ending? Are we supposed to assume Ace feigned death? Furthermore, who unlocked the doors in the submarine ending? How was this done without the Jupiter key?

What was the point of making June's bracelet 9 (even though the display was 6), Santa's bracelet 0 (even though the display was 3), and the Captain's bracelet 6 (even though the display was 0)? What benefit did this add to the game? Why is there no bracelet number 3 in the game?

What did Junpei mean at the end when he said there was no detonator in their bracelets? What about the 9th man? Were he and Guy X the only ones with explosives in their stomachs?

...C'mon man, you already posted this in the other thread, and already got two answers xD

But to answer your additional question...
Spoiler:
Yeah, only 9th man and Guy X had bombs. The others didn't because, being able to see the future, June knew nobody else needed one.

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Gettin' Old!

Bad Player wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

Spoiler:

...C'mon man, you already posted this in the other thread, and already got two answers xD

Spoiler:
Yeah, only 9th man and Guy X had bombs. The others didn't because, being able to see the future, June knew nobody else needed one.

Spoiler: 999
Hmm I was always under the impression June only wanted the 'unjust' to be punished and so she'd only planted them in those who'd tormented her from way back when.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Blah!

Pierre wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Hmm I was always under the impression June only wanted the 'unjust' to be punished and so she'd only planted them in those who'd tormented her from way back when.

I suppose you could say the purpose was two-fold: she only wanted to punish the unjust, and she observed herself only causing those two people to blow up. Time loops are weird.

Anyway, we should bring the 999 talk back to the 999 thread.

Let it go and move it move it

SHSL Ultimate Hope wrote:

It's amazing how a character can change just by changing the eyes. Dio looks like a new and improved man. Clover I'm not too sure about...
Within Temptation

I recommended to my friend that he play 999 and then he told me he already played VLR. Now, I'm not sure because I never played VLR but will his experience with 999 be dampened because he already played the sequel? Will the big twists be spoiled or are there only some lingering elements from the first game?

Blah!

JesusMonroe wrote:
I recommended to my friend that he play 999 and then he told me he already played VLR. Now, I'm not sure because I never played VLR but will his experience with 999 be dampened because he already played the sequel? Will the big twists be spoiled or are there only some lingering elements from the first game?

I'd say that some of the main twists in 999 were spoiled in VLR, but the events of 999 weren't told in full detail in VLR. I'd say he'd still enjoy the game (especially if he didn't pay too much attention to the details from 999), although the fact that you have to start over after each ending in 999 (while you can jump around a timeline in VLR) might annoy him a bit. At least 999 is nowhere near as long as VLR, so it's bearable. A spoiler-free walkthrough that simply states a suggested route through the doors may be a good idea.

Gettin' Old!

JesusMonroe wrote:

I'd say definitely.

Big concepts in 999 will seem mundane because of everything he experienced in VLR.

VLR was made expecting people to have played 999 so it treats spoilers and big things as nothing that were actually revelations in 999.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
He'll also know exactly who/what Akane is.

Well today I finally got the shirt in the mail today

Let it go and move it move it

Is it official merchandise? It looks so cool.
Within Temptation

Lucy wrote:

Is it official merchandise? It looks so cool.

Naa. I got it from red bubble which has alot of cool designs for whatever kind of shirt you want. I got 2 Danganronpa shirts from there.

Yay,finally found a thread for this awesome series! Seriously,I just love this games,they have one of the most mind-blowing plots I have ever seen,specially VLR.
I just really,really hope this games ZE3 gets released someday.I really hope so.

Walter White wrote:

This is the Best.Thing.Ever
Signature loading, please wait...

Clover agrees with you xD

I kind of just started the game. I'm in the Crew Quarters. I'm staying away from whatever spoilers I can, but I heard there's a game-breaking bug in this game. If that's true, how do I avoid it?

1000% Knight

JesusMonroe wrote:
I kind of just started the game. I'm in the Crew Quarters. I'm staying away from whatever spoilers I can, but I heard there's a game-breaking bug in this game. If that's true, how do I avoid it?

Don't save in the PEC or Crew's Quarters puzzle rooms.

If you want to be 100% safe, don't save during puzzle segments at all.

Whew. I didn't save in the Crew Quarters. I did save in the first Ambidex room, though, but I guess this is still a story segment since everyone's speaking with VAs

JesusMonroe wrote:
Whew. I didn't save in the Crew Quarters. I did save in the first Ambidex room, though, but I guess this is still a story segment since everyone's speaking with VAs

What version did you get the game? I know the Vita version didn't have any glitch.

3DS

JesusMonroe wrote:
3DS

I brought mines for the vita since I need games for it. I love the way it runs smoothly on the vita and bigger screen than the 3DS

Fate Testarossa

Writing notes is soooooo much easier on the 3ds though.

Fate is made by クロス

I bought it for the 3DS since that's the only one I own :yogi:

The display is kind of dark if I'm playing in sunlight, even on higher brightness. That's kind of a problem for all the games, though

kwando1313 wrote:
Writing notes is soooooo much easier on the 3ds though.

Well I was smart and used my iPhone note app for it xD

Well, I like the game so far. Alice betrayed me while I allied. Sigma is more pissed about than I am since it was kind of reasonable for her to do. I really like Phi and I'm glad we're partners. I'm disappointed in the bracelet system of this game, though. I really like Clover, Quark, and Dio, but I can never be on their team

Edit: Uh...nevermind

Spoiler: What?
First playthrough I went through the door with Alice and chose to ally (Alice chose betray). The game ended with her and Quark's lives in the air

Second playthrough I went through the door with Alice and chose to betray. She chose ALLY! WHY??!?!?!? I didn't do anything different!

Edit: Again, nevermind. I went a few lines of dialogue forward. Seems as if morphogenetic fields are at work again

Edit2: To avoid triple posting, I'll leave some thoughts/questions here

Spoiler:
So, for the second AB game, I chose to betray Phi just for the lols. I knew it would be a bad end but I thought it would be funny to see Sigma waltz out the 9 door or have everyone murder him to prevent him from doing so. It was a bad end. Whatever

Next, I chose ally. Now, Phi chose betray because I chose it in the alternate reality. My question is, is there a possible route where both Phi and I would choose ally? Did ally have to be my first choice? Now, every time I pick betray, she chooses ally (instead of betray, like she should know) and every time I choose ally, she chooses betray. Is Phi destined to pick the opposite of me for the second game? If choosing ally is your first choice and Phi chooses betray, what's her justification for doing so? Is it possible for you and Alice to make the same choice or is it the same thing?

Also, Sigma is WAAAAAAAAAAY more unlikable than Junpei. Seriously. I'm sick of his douchey frat-bro attitude and the shittiest, most forced cat puns I've heard in my life

1000% Knight

JesusMonroe wrote:
Spoiler: What?
Second playthrough I went through the door with Alice and chose to betray. She chose ALLY! WHY??!?!?!? I didn't do anything different!

Spoiler:
I love how when that happens, Sigma gets pissed at Alice for Ally'ing, because it's ridiculous but it's the perfect reaction xD

Quote:
Spoiler:
Next, I chose ally. Now, Phi chose betray because I chose it in the alternate reality. My question is, is there a possible route where both Phi and I would choose ally? Did ally have to be my first choice? Now, every time I pick betray, she chooses ally (instead of betray, like she should know) and every time I choose ally, she chooses betray. Is Phi destined to pick the opposite of me for the second game? If choosing ally is your first choice and Phi chooses betray, what's her justification for doing so? Is it possible for you and Alice to make the same choice or is it the same thing?

This all gets resolved by the end. But to answer your question in short...
Spoiler:
The only fork that has more than two paths is the very first one, where you choose between the three doors.

Fate Testarossa

Spoiler: Not really spoilers, but eh.
But the cat puns are purrty good, no? I personally thought they were pretty fanyantastic. But, then again, it's not a major catastrophe that you don't like them.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

Fate is made by クロス

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler:
The only fork that has more than two paths is the very first one, where you choose between the three doors.

Thank you for the non-spoiling but informative answer

Spoiler:
Alice just died and then I got a game over. I was confused on whether or not I died in that ending cause I didn't read the text clearly enough, so I replayed that section, planning on skipping a lot of the text. Sigma then had the "premonition" and stopped her from killing herself. I did all this on complete accident. Also, I guess Sigma might be a Terminator now cause of the semen coming out of his hand

This game is trippy. I'm going to bed

1000% Knight

The word I personally used during my playthrough was "bananas."

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Fate Testarossa

Bad Player wrote:
The word I personally used during my playthrough was "bananas."

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

This **** is bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S~

Fate is made by クロス

I finally got my first formal ending. It was the Tenmyouji one. Kind of depressed me and I was pretty pissed but whatever
Spoiler:
I get so confused by the logic of these characters sometimes, though. They have the star keys, why not just keep playing the AB games until everyone has 9? And if Tenmyouji knew who Zero was, why not just throw the name out as he goes through the door? Eh. That's nitpicking, though, I guess. I wouldn't want to learn Zero's identity this early. I actually get nervous playing through the game and the order I get the endings. For 999, I got coffin first and then used a walkthrough that recommended Axe->Knife->Sub->Safe->True. If I got safe first, the game would basically be ruined for me (and I wouldn't have had the chilling coffin ending where you think Alice is alive)

Anyway, early to say, but so far I think I prefer 999. Probably cause digital roots were more clever than the color shifting (I don't even keep track of the bracelets besides BP tbh. I just wait for Phi to say who I can go through doors with) and I also like how constant the suspense was throughout the game, knowing there was a time limit. I dunno how to describe it. It seems like if there was a time limit on the third Nonary Game, it would be more logical for people to be leaving through the 9 door instead of waiting for everyone

Also, K just confuses the shit out of me. I know it's implied he can't remove the armor, but no character has ever said, "Remove the armor" or "Let me remove the armor"

I'm still really digging the game, though. I just wanted to put thoughts down

1000% Knight

There are definitely some things 999 did better than VLR.

Gettin' Old!

It's not much of a spoiler so I'm not going to label it as such.

I'm confirming: K needs something special to open his armour.

As for the rest a lot of your queries will be explained as you play the game.

Yes there is an ideal outcome for the AB game but there's good reasons why it doesn't work that way.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Alright, thanks. I'm kind of curious on why he was actually put into the armor myself. Right now, I kind of suspect Luna of being Zero/a murderer but that might be kind of obvious. I was suspicious of Dio, too, but I guess he's just an asshole

Out of curiosity, what do people prefer? 999 or VLR? I'm withholding judgement until I finish the game. I know VLR is more popular but I'm just curious what individuals on the board think. Right now, I kind of think of VLR to 999 as BTTF2 to BTTF

Gettin' Old!

JesusMonroe wrote:
Alright, thanks. I'm kind of curious on why he was actually put into the armor myself. Right now, I kind of suspect Luna of being Zero/a murderer but that might be kind of obvious. I was suspicious of Dio, too, but I guess he's just an asshole

Out of curiosity, what do people prefer? 999 or VLR? I'm withholding judgement until I finish the game. I know VLR is more popular but I'm just curious what individuals on the board think. Right now, I kind of think of VLR to 999 as BTTF2 to BTTF

I'm not quite sure what your Back to the Future comparison means (cause 3 is clearly the best) but I prefer 999. I think it's plot twist was bigger, VLR is lessened by the fact that I KNOW what kinda crazy stuff they can pull as a result of playing 999 so my expectations of what the twists might be are widened by my knowledge of Zero escape's Lore.

Plus the Sprites are totally better than the 3D models.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

I'm not quite sure what your Back to the Future comparison means (cause 3 is clearly the best) but I prefer 999. I think it's plot twist was bigger, VLR is lessened by the fact that I KNOW what kinda crazy stuff they can pull as a result of playing 999 so my expectations of what the twists might be are widened by my knowledge of Zero escape's Lore.

Plus the Sprites are totally better than the 3D models.

I actually enjoyed VLR more than I did 999. The plot twists were easy to read especially who the bad guy was. I admit knowing who Zero was because I knew from VLR

Story wise VLR was much better than 999. I can't say who is better puzzle wise because for 999 I only played the novel version.

1000% Knight

I think a good comparison for VLR to 999 is Portal 2 to Portal. The sequels are bigger, have more stuff, and clearly have more production value... but there was just something in the originality and novelty of the original that isn't captured by the sequel.

Speaking of the atmosphere, I felt like 999 had a much darker and "pressing" atmosphere, where you felt like there was someone out there (or rather, among you) who was tormenting and killing you all, whereas in VLR, you were just... there. Although I also heard that they purposefully tried to make the atmosphere less scary in VLR, because apparently in Japan there were a sizable chunk of people who didn't buy 999 because they thought it would be too scary/gorey (which anyone who's actually played it knows it isn't).

A Pierre mentioned, part of VLR is also lessened by knowing about morphogenetic fields and how they work beforehand.

One other thing I like about about 999 more than VLR was...
Spoiler: VLR (JM probably shouldn't open this)
999 story was extremely personal (the whole point of it was nothing more than to save Akane's life), which I really liked, whereas VLR was just one part of a gigantic plan to save the world. I get they were trying to make it grand and serious and stuff, but I just liked the smaller, more personal scale/scope of 999 a lot better.

Page 52 of 61 [ 2410 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 61  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station