1000% Knight

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Pokemon Y, finally caught my near-perfect Yveltal. 29/28/29/31/31/31

so beautiful...

But what's its nature?
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

Mild, what I wanted

Yeah, the right nature is definitely most important but also having IVs that aren't garbage is tricky

Also got it in a Timer Ball because that was made for Yveltal

I'm in the UK so I have to wait another week for ORAS to come out. :edgeworth:

Sjibbey wrote:
Anthony wrote:
Made all 3 Fire Emblem files the same but difference is that the three files will have 3 different marriages. One being LucinaXMU the other AnnaXMU and the last one TikiXMU.

I can understand Lucina, but Anna and Tiki don't 'give' you children do they? Seems like a waste of time if when you can simply look up the dialogue between them and MU on the internet if you're interested.

Tiki is a decent enough mother albeit she doesn't have the same perks as Lucina. Then again - next to the MU - she is probably the best potential parent unit. I have seen a lot of male FEA players rage on about how amazing Manakete!Morgan is and Tiki, Nowi and Nah are the only ones who can give you that... and a lot of people feel guilty about marrying Nowi or Nah.

CatMuto wrote:
Question: is the game worth buying? I've played Harvest Moon since the first game came out in '96 and enjoyed some and others not so much. How slow is the game?

It was pretty slow for me to start with but only because I didn't know what the hell I was doing. If you've played Harvest Moon before then you'll probably hit the ground running. For me, it took ages for me to get a truly efficient farm. I'm in my second game-year now and I think my farm is doing very well, considering my bumpy start.

Louise wrote:
I kind of wish I'd waited for Allen or Soseki.

I have unlocked Allen and Rod. It's funny because a lot of other forums I've lurked on over the internet tend to consider it a question of "Neil or Allen" and I think it's just because they are pretty easy to impress and early in-game. Actually I have found Allen much easier to "seduce" than Neil because one of Allen's favourite things is Herb Soup.

I'm at Yellow Rank with Allen, Green with Neil and Purple with Rod. I'm keeping my options open! :godot:
Art created by myself, check out:
Tumblr - DeviantART - Archive of Our Own

There is really no tactical advantage to making Morgan half-lizard, giving her a permanent weakness to anti-dragon weapons isn't a good tradeoff for attack range since you can get the same range with tomes

Quote:
It was pretty slow for me to start with but only because I didn't know what the hell I was doing. If you've played Harvest Moon before then you'll probably hit the ground running. For me, it took ages for me to get a truly efficient farm. I'm in my second game-year now and I think my farm is doing very well, considering my bumpy start.

Well, I read that the entire Spring of the first year is basically one long tutorial area... Okay... kind of annoying, but hey, it helps in making me get used to the layout of the area. Except I already know the entire area I have unlocked up to now. Because yes, those places look like I get to unlock new routes.

Btw where is my supply shed? Probably a dumb question, but I have bricks and soil that go there and all I find is my storage and fridge...

C-A

Sleeping is my life.

Been playing Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. Just beaten the first Gym Leader. And also recovered the stolen parts.

Fate Testarossa

Delta Episode in OR/AS is amazing. I think it might be the best thing in a main Pokemon game.

Fate is made by クロス

Gardevoir lover

I'm doing some last minute grinding for the Pokemon League in ORAS.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

1000% Knight

Started playing and got a bit more than halfway through 脱出アドベンチャー・悪夢の死神列車/Escape Adventure: The Nightmare Demon Train and JESUS CHRIST THIS GAME IS INSANE. I have absolutely nooooooo idea where this episode or the series is going.

The protagonist, Tokino, has recurring dreams about the "Demon Train," an urban legend that supposedly comes at night, and eventually kills its passengers. Except... it's completely different from the previous episodes in the series. The main character is a girl named "Tokino" with brown hair who has a device known as the Chronotect... and that's about it. Even the name isn't totally similar--this time it's just "Tokino" in katakana, but before it was a full "Tokino Wakaru" in kanji. The supporting characters are all-new, Tokino's personality is totally different, it takes place in a totally different town, and even the art style is a bit different.
(And the demo for the next game in the series is 'back to normal' so... yeah)

Oh, and I also finally got around to the 'solution' arc of the previous Escape Adventure game. Man, can't wait to see what happens with this series.

OBJECTION!

Bad Player wrote:
Started playing and got a bit more than halfway through 脱出アドベンチャー・悪夢の死神列車/Escape Adventure: The Nightmare Demon Train and JESUS CHRIST THIS GAME IS INSANE. I have absolutely nooooooo idea where this episode or the series is going.

The protagonist, Tokino, has recurring dreams about the "Demon Train," an urban legend that supposedly comes at night, and eventually kills its passengers. Except... it's completely different from the previous episodes in the series. The main character is a girl named "Tokino" with brown hair who has a device known as the Chronotect... and that's about it. Even the name isn't totally similar--this time it's just "Tokino" in katakana, but before it was a full "Tokino Wakaru" in kanji. The supporting characters are all-new, Tokino's personality is totally different, it takes place in a totally different town, and even the art style is a bit different.
(And the demo for the next game in the series is 'back to normal' so... yeah)

Oh, and I also finally got around to the 'solution' arc of the previous Escape Adventure game. Man, can't wait to see what happens with this series.

Sounds interesting, if its good as you say, I hope someone translates it into English.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

1000% Knight

I would do it (or at least, translate the first chapter and a half of the first game before getting bored of it), buuuuut no 3ds capture card or anything so

I've been captivated by A New Beginning, now that it's fun. Although I wonder how I'll get more ores... the Forest doesn't seem to spawn them often. Then again, I gain enough money, I can just buy Copper and Iron from Rebecca for now. Since I'm playing as a girl (modeled after Shihna from Tales of Symphonia), I am probably going for Amir or Soseki. (Maybe Sanjay, although his name always makes me think of the Simpson Character Sanjay which is just hilarious)
I think when I play as a guy, I'm gonna marry Tina. She looks cute.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

kwando1313 wrote:
Delta Episode in OR/AS is amazing. I think it might be the best thing in a main Pokemon game.

1000% Knight

Monster Hunter 4G is fuuuuuuuuuuuun

(Although let's see what I'm saying once I get past the super-easy intro quests/monsters lol)

I wish there was an item glossary or something to tell you where you can find items. I just bought a new weapon and I want to upgrade it, but I'm not totally sure which monster drops the last item I need...

Gettin' Old!

Bad Player wrote:
Monster Hunter 4G is fuuuuuuuuuuuun

(Although let's see what I'm saying once I get past the super-easy intro quests/monsters lol)

I wish there was an item glossary or something to tell you where you can find items. I just bought a new weapon and I want to upgrade it, but I'm not totally sure which monster drops the last item I need...

T_T the jealousy...

Still relish in this moment, you are frontiersmen on a great plain!

Most information is available on the internet, in the dawn of a new game you get to properly explore and learn.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

CatMuto wrote:
I've been captivated by A New Beginning, now that it's fun. Although I wonder how I'll get more ores... the Forest doesn't seem to spawn them often. Then again, I gain enough money, I can just buy Copper and Iron from Rebecca for now. Since I'm playing as a girl (modeled after Shihna from Tales of Symphonia), I am probably going for Amir or Soseki. (Maybe Sanjay, although his name always makes me think of the Simpson Character Sanjay which is just hilarious)
I think when I play as a guy, I'm gonna marry Tina. She looks cute.

C-A

IKR? It was slow coming but now I am completely addicted to building new things and improving my town and farm. I have most of the town looking how I want now... although I have unlocked the left side of town now, which I'm still debating on what to do with. I've stuck my Gardening Tour Plot there but have yet to host a single one... I'll probably go for it in a few seasons (I have to in order to complete the Town Restoration Plan I'm on...)

I don't want to give too many spoilers but I think on Town Restoration #3, after you have unlocked Rod, you will be able to buy the blueprints for the Clinic to unlock Klaus. He has a music sheet in his home that will unlock a really valuable resource for finding ores, I promise. You will be swimming in copper and iron after that! Rod has one in his house too, though, and you *have* to find his first.

I triggered the reverse confession with Allen so now my OC is with him. He's okay even if he has an ego on him.

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I'm doing some last minute grinding for the Pokemon League in ORAS.

I'm getting up first thing tomorrow to be my preordered copy from the local GAME. Yes, ORAS is finally coming to the UK. :basil:

Well looking things up, I realized that I can't get Soseki until #4 and Amir until #5... which is terrible, I mean, I wanna get married AND STILL have things to do. Not work all along to get them in town, then marry and be bored cause I don't have much left to do.

C-A

PS: Just unlocked Clemens. Reminds me of the King of Hyrule in the Zelda cartoon.

CatMuto wrote:
Well looking things up, I realized that I can't get Soseki until #4 and Amir until #5... which is terrible, I mean, I wanna get married AND STILL have things to do. Not work all along to get them in town, then marry and be bored cause I don't have much left to do.

C-A

PS: Just unlocked Clemens. Reminds me of the King of Hyrule in the Zelda cartoon.

Unlocking Soseki really isn't very hard. The restoration plan you'll probably spend the most time on is #4 when you unlock him, and his house is really easy to build.

I've heard a lot of people like to make their way through all the boys before finally deciding which one to go for. It's apparently pretty easy to get the heart levels down and up again once you're well into the game, which means you could in theory date them all before deciding which one to really go for... and maybe by the point you'll have unlocked most of the stuff you can get before getting married.

Either way, I'm not getting a Blue Feather just yet. :)

Gardevoir lover

I started playing through two games that i always play during the holidays.
Zelda the windwaker and Kingdom Hearts 3DS.

Gettin' Old!

Klonoahedgehog wrote:

Why those two?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Gardevoir lover

Pierre wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

Why those two?

Because i originally got Wind waker over the Holidays so i usually relate it to that.
KH3D is mainly because i Disney is one of the things that comes to mind this time of year. And KH3D is my favorite because most of the world selection is from stuff i like.

A New Beginning, I now am in Winter and have the music sheet to unlock the mine! But I have 5 straight days of snow to deal with... stupid Harvest Sprites, just appear for two minutes so I can unlock the damn thing.

C-A

High level play

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

Why those two?

Because i originally got Wind waker over the Holidays so i usually relate it to that.
KH3D is mainly because i Disney is one of the things that comes to mind this time of year. And KH3D is my favorite because most of the world selection is from stuff i like.

Aaah Wind Waker, what a joyous experience. It's one of those games you have to give a substantial amount of time to take in the atmosphere, side-quests and explore. Since the world is open with lots of water (7.8 out of 10) only going for the main quest line can be frustrating, since going from A to B can take 5 minutes.

That is, if you explore the islands you find, complete your map and fish for treasure etc. Those barren bits start to come to life, making the whole experience a lot better.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

I feel like having burnout from Rollercoaster Tycoon 2... I still enjoy it, but the parks I have are just not for me. I don't feel like doing those... I might order the first game with its expansions, they were kinda more fun.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

I started shiny hunting a Zekrom yesterday because hey if he's finally available legitimately i might as well try and get one.

GL

Finally figured out RNG only to have my time finder troll me. I've been waiting for a good seed for Keldeo for over four hours and so far nothing.

1000% Knight

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Finally figured out RNG only to have my time finder troll me. I've been waiting for a good seed for Keldeo for over four hours and so far nothing.

Yeah, it can be tricky. The more frames you tell the computer to search, the longer it'll take, and the pickier you are the more time it'll take. I usually like to try some smaller searches, and if I can't get anything, set it to a huge one and just leave it alone for however long it takes.

Make sure you don't set any parameters for atk. (Since this is a Keldeo, I'm assuming he's going to exclusively be a special attacker.)

If that doesn't work, I usually change everything (EXCEPT SPEED) to >=30, and then decrease it bit by bit from there. I always keep speed at 31, though. It's unlikely (but possible) that 1 point in special attack or defense or whatever will be the difference between a pokemon fainting or not, but 1 point in speed is all it takes to outspeed another poke, and that can make a huuuge difference.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I remember what I did. I did a massive search for really really good spreads, but then I saved all the results I had. So it might take hours to find the 31/X/31/31/31/31 spread for Keldeo, but then you have it right at your fingertips when you want to RNG Lati@s.

Well I'm doing 30/0/30/30/30/31 for HP Flying in case I decide to use it.

Funnily enough, I got a perfect 31/0/31/31/31/31 spread for Darkrai in about 15 minutes. Didn't realize I could save seeds, though.

1000% Knight

Whenever I roll Keldeo in PS Randoms, if it has HP, it's always HP Ghost... But whatever floats your boat. I'm not gonna look up HP sets again, but if that specific one isn't working, you might want to look for another HP Flying set.

There's no option in RNG Reporter to save seeds or spreads or anything; I just had a word document where I kept them.

I've heard Ghost is popular but Flying gives perfect neutral coverage with Water and Fighting, plus it hits Grass types. I might give Ghost a try on Black 2 though, pretty sure I have a card on that one too.

Gonna start playing 5 nights at Freddy's again since I'm still on the 5th night and thinking of buying the 2nd game.

I did a new playthrough in A New Beginning despite being towards the end of Year 1. Yeah I did a new beginning in A New Beginning! :redd: This time I'm trying to be slower and more streamlined. Also had difficulty picking an appearance... aside from the Bun or Ponytail, don't really like the hairstyles... so I went with short, pink hair and black eyes. And have a dessert/sweets name theme for my animals now.

Also I wanna play Rollercoaster Tycoon 1!

And started FF Type-0 for the PSP... ie, I only saw the intro section up to now which is the "We Have Come" song.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
I did a new playthrough in A New Beginning despite being towards the end of Year 1. Yeah I did a new beginning in A New Beginning! :redd: This time I'm trying to be slower and more streamlined. Also had difficulty picking an appearance... aside from the Bun or Ponytail, don't really like the hairstyles... so I went with short, pink hair and black eyes. And have a dessert/sweets name theme for my animals now.

And started FF Type-0 for the PSP... ie, I only saw the intro section up to now which is the "We Have Come" song.

C-A

I keep thinking that I might start a new save file as well now I know what I need to do. Probably won't do it until I have completed the Town Restoration Plans, though. I'm a bit too far along now and have some really good ranking seeds. If anyone ever wants to trade, please let me know as I have yet to really interact with other players. :phoenix:

I've never played Rollercoster Tycoon games.... the closest I ever got was Theme Park World when I was about eight. I knew friends who had the game though and all I can remember was that they used to create Death Parks, much like you do with Sims.

Oh, and in regards to Pokemon ORAS, I'm debating on whether to Nuzlocke it. I know Hoenn like the back of my hand so I'd quite like to go in there on challenge mode.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

I'd say collectively I probably spent like a year or my life playing the original Roller Coaster Tycoon. The family computer was in a closet for some reason, so when I was like 8 I'd turn off all the lights, build a little tiny building in the park that was where I pretended the closet was located, and then just pretended I had super new satellite technology that would let me build things instantly from that isometric view.

I upgraded to the third one when it came out, and I really enjoyed the 3D graphics and the ability to ride your rides (as well as sandbox mode since I was terrible at math) but the first one has a certain charm and style that wasn't seen in RCT3.

Right now, I'm not really playing anything, but I have Final Fantasy II (the one with the awful leveling system), Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and LEGO City Undercover just sitting there, half finished. I always find it hard to keep playing these really long games because I lose interest really quickly and move on to something else for a while. I'm planning on forcing myself to complete FFII tomorrow, just because I'm so close to the end.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Restarting in A New Beginning was kinda cool. Sure, I MISS the Mine that I had just unlocked and I hate how rare the spawn of Scrap Metal and Copper seems to be outside of the mine and I would love to have Allen and Yuri in my town already, but I'm doing well. Having chickens hatch, sell the first one, so that I end up with 10 chickens born on my farm so I unlock Silkies already, my cow is pregnant with her second one, and I'm using a lot more fields than before. And now that I got the Hammer and Axe to Iron level again, I feel much better. I can CLEAN the areas!

Yeah, McCoy, I've been playing RCT2 a lot and, while it is an improvement to RCT1 (I remember the annoyance of reading a good 20 guests complaining they have no money anymore and end up leaving in a bad mood or guests vomiting everywhere - fixed in RCT2 with First Aid Rooms and Cash Machines) I also feel that it's... somehow blander than RCT 1. I can't say what it is, but RCT2 doesn't feel as awesome as RCT1 did.
I mean, remember Micro/Pokey Park? That tiny park that you had to make awesome? That was fun! Evergreen Gardens had beautiful scenery, although it was huge and it made people easy to get lost. And I feel the guests were made dumber in RCT2... I don't really like RCT3, the graphics are too different and it somehow feels even more bland than RCT2... maybe I'm too used to the 2D Graphics' charm.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:

Yeah, McCoy, I've been playing RCT2 a lot and, while it is an improvement to RCT1 (I remember the annoyance of reading a good 20 guests complaining they have no money anymore and end up leaving in a bad mood or guests vomiting everywhere - fixed in RCT2 with First Aid Rooms and Cash Machines) I also feel that it's... somehow blander than RCT 1. I can't say what it is, but RCT2 doesn't feel as awesome as RCT1 did.
I mean, remember Micro/Pokey Park? That tiny park that you had to make awesome? That was fun! Evergreen Gardens had beautiful scenery, although it was huge and it made people easy to get lost. And I feel the guests were made dumber in RCT2... I don't really like RCT3, the graphics are too different and it somehow feels even more bland than RCT2... maybe I'm too used to the 2D Graphics' charm.

C-A

I never played RCT2 (as a kid I saw the graphics were the same as the first and just assumed it was the same game pretty much) but I think the general consensus was that it wasn't as good. And I hear you about 3, looking back on it the graphical style especially isn't that great. And I always felt that the whole appeal of "riding your own rides" (which is what attracted me and countless other 10 year olds, most likely) to RCT3 wasn't that great when you realize you can't physically walk around your park in first-person like you could in other games like Theme Park World. When I found myself spending just as much time trying to perfect the scenery as I did the roller coasters, it became frustrating that I couldn't experience it like a tourist would. It's a pretty minor feature in a game like this, where most people are focused on the financial/management aspect of the game, but I still think it would be a great feature.

Also, there's apparently a new one called "Roller Coaster Tycoon World" coming out next year, and the guy who made the original is coming back to supervise. Hopefully it brings a little bit of the original game back to the franchise.

Just for fun today I started playing Dark Fall: Lights Out again. Has anyone played the Dark Fall games? They're horror/mystery point-and-click games similar to Myst. I always end up returning to it every couple of years because they're so great (except the third one; while the first two relied on subtle, eerieness to be scary, the third one tried to hard to have gore and more "traditional" horror elements and it wasn't as great).
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

High level play

D.A. McCoy wrote:
I never played RCT2 (as a kid I saw the graphics were the same as the first and just assumed it was the same game pretty much) but I think the general consensus was that it wasn't as good.

The general consensus wasn't good? RCT2 was one of those games everybody played and enjoyed back in the day. Personally I've not seen as many games which were as universally loved as RCT2 because you could do what you want and not really lose. (unless you played to complete all the missions)

I remember playing this game in elementary school when I was starting to get a grasp on the English language (learned quite a lot from Pokemon on gameboy and music) but I never got really stuck by playing RCT2. Everything was pretty easy to build and lots of menu options were indicated with pictures, making most options easy to understand. Because everything was so accessible you could explore with building rides or simple mess with customers, very appealing stuff when you're a child.

I'm not what adult gamers thought about the game at the time (around 12 years ago), but among kids back then it was immensely popular.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Oh RCT2 isn't bad, not at all, it's really fun AND it gave some new goals - like you have to earn a set number of Income from JUST Shops (Merchandise, food, drinks, souvenirs) or JUST your rides (this was easier since you could easily build rides and charge 4$ or more where as if you charge just TEN CENTS too much for a drink, they refuse to buy it, even if they're practically dehydrated) instead of only having set goals of "Earn (Number) of Guests by (Year)" which are still there, but not as many.

And like I said, I like some of the things added in RCT2. Like the cash machine, the First Aid room ... although the guests are dumb as bricks and instead of going to the first aid room I set right across the entrance of the neauseating rollercoaster, they walk down the path and sit on a bench, complaining about how they feel sick. And you had a ton more pre-built coasters you could use compared to RCT1 where I think the junior one only had two presets and similar.

Although I feel the mechanics were changed for rollercoasters in 2, or it became much more expensive, I dunno, I was decent at making some rollercoasters in 1 but in 2 it just doesn't so well... then again I have nice ideas and then I end up having no idea how to end it so I make turns or S-Bends to the end.

But there's something about RCT1 that really charmed be and still does, which RCT2 doesn't quite do...

C-A

Gardevoir lover

I found a shiny Zekrom! Yay me!

Sjibbey wrote:
D.A. McCoy wrote:
I never played RCT2 (as a kid I saw the graphics were the same as the first and just assumed it was the same game pretty much) but I think the general consensus was that it wasn't as good.

The general consensus wasn't good? RCT2 was one of those games everybody played and enjoyed back in the day. Personally I've not seen as many games which were as universally loved as RCT2 because you could do what you want and not really lose. (unless you played to complete all the missions)

I remember playing this game in elementary school when I was starting to get a grasp on the English language (learned quite a lot from Pokemon on gameboy and music) but I never got really stuck by playing RCT2. Everything was pretty easy to build and lots of menu options were indicated with pictures, making most options easy to understand. Because everything was so accessible you could explore with building rides or simple mess with customers, very appealing stuff when you're a child.

I'm not what adult gamers thought about the game at the time (around 12 years ago), but among kids back then it was immensely popular.

Yeah, I didn't mean that the game wasn't good, I meant that it wasn't as good. I think it was mostly that people expected more changes/improvements from the game than came out; I remember as a kid a lot of kids were saying it felt more like an expansion pack than a true sequel. It was still good, though, its just I always hear it being talked about as more of a footnote on RCT1's success and I know a lot of people who prefer to just play one. Of course, the reaction to 2 wasn't that negative compared to the reception to RCT3

Last edited by D.A. McCoy on Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Page 217 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220 ... 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station