Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 222 of 274[ 10935 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225 ... 274  Next

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

TheDoctor wrote:
I was more going for the secret bosses.

Multiple? There is only one Secret Boss.
No, the reaper is not a secret boss. And again, don't need to be level 90 for that. I forget what level I was but I managed him fine "the legit way". One other time I fought him just by using Armaggedon and done. Still, never was near maxed out levels for that.

C-A

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

CatMuto wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:

No, the reaper is not a secret boss. And again, don't need to be level 90 for that. I forget what level I was but I managed him fine "the legit way". One other time I fought him just by using Armaggedon and done. Still, never was near maxed out levels for that.

C-A

Actually, in P3P, there are two...

Spoiler: boss names
Elizabeth and Margaret.

TheDoctor wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:

C-A

Actually, in P3P, there are two...

Spoiler: boss names
Elizabeth and Margaret.

And you have just proven to me, once again, why P3P was so terrible. It's boring, the pacing sucks, the music sucks, the character suck, the dubbing sucks and it's overall FORGETTABLE in multiple areas. I honestly could not remember Margaret.

C-A

High level play

TheDoctor wrote:
Other than that though, I generally think the game is pretty good. I'm having trouble putting it down, actually. For the most part, I actually like it better than P3P, which I have yet to finish, but at this rate, I'll likely finish P4G first.

Funny you mention that since I'm playing Persona 3 right now! After seeing a Let's Play for P4G I felt like buying Persona Q for the 3DS, but Pierre recommended to Play P3 first, so I'm doing that now.

It's funny to see where the game improved from P3 to P4. Although P3 is a pretty enjoyable game I feel like P4G does pretty much everything better on a bigger scale. Stuff like that makes me wonder how P5 is going to turn out.
I have only 2 major complaints about Persona 3 though:
- I maxed out all my stats early since I wanna feel like a boss during the rest of the game. but after you max the tower and devil social link (psp version) you have pretty much nothing else to do in the evening.
- The game pushes you way to hard to go in the stupid tower. I always want to beat the whole portion in 1 go so I have time to do my other stuff. But since there's nothing to do in the evenings and people constantly wander into that tower into the most annoying floor possible to reach I'll have to go back several times when I don't feel like doing that.

Other than that I have some minor peeves, but overall I'm definitely enjoying the game.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

Absolutely agree on persona 3. I would just wait until I was "great" and just vorpal slash my way through floors and floors and grind until everyone was exhausted. Was so buff that I one-turned a plot boss and mercifully decided to let two other plot bosses not die in one turn.

Even aigis had maxxed out her level by endgame.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Quote:
After seeing a Let's Play for P4G I felt like buying Persona Q for the 3DS, but Pierre recommended to Play P3 first, so I'm doing that now.

It's actually not necessary. So you wouldn't get a reference or three. Big deal. Plus, there are only a few things one needs to know about P3, and that's without having to play the game.

Spoiler: Persona 3 Spoilers
#1. The protagonist dies at the end of the game.
#2. Shinji also dies. (FeMC route is not counted)
#3. Yukari is an obnoxious young girl that needs a good slap in the face.
#4. Rest of the characters are forgettable, most of all Whiny McDouchpants Junpei.
#5. Aigis, a robot, has the hots for the protagonist... somehow... I guess Atlus read Chobits recently.

And that's really all that matters. And the first two are the only plot relevant ones.

Quote:
Absolutely agree on persona 3. I would just wait until I was "great" and just vorpal slash my way through floors and floors and grind until everyone was exhausted. Was so buff that I one-turned a plot boss and mercifully decided to let two other plot bosses not die in one turn.

I immediately went as high as I could as soon as it was available. (Then I had to search and go back for those idiots that get lost... after a while I didn't bother to rescue them. The Social Link people who get stuck there end up stopped, but hey, I had already maxed them or didn't care)

And seriously? Great? I managed to do everything with a regular status.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Vorpal Blade is a physical attack that hits everything and does super damage if you are in "great" condition.

Dunno why you're trying to put me down like this it was an efficient method.

1: Train until everyone is exhausted (this means swapping out tired party members for fresh ones since main protagonist has like infinite endurance (exaggeration)

2: Allow 2 days for everyone to recover (this deals with anyone who gets the "sick" status as well as granting the main protagonist the "great" status.)

3: Repeat for absurd power levelling on everyone.

Besides if I had to grind every single night to exhaustion go insane. May as well skip a day to fight at fullest potential.

Remember kids exercise is good but it's equally important to know when to relax your body. :will:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

It feels pretty good to be playing Dual Destines again after a while since I sold my 3DS before

Well I also don't recall going up the Tartarus being much of a grind to begin with. It was actually pretty easy.

C-A

The Chocolateholic of CR

Pokemon Shuffle. Got done witth Swablu didn' capture..... Got a 40 combo by a lot and I men a LOT of Pikachu combos. All thanks to Mega Audino. :P
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Well I also don't recall going up the Tartarus being much of a grind to begin with. It was actually pretty easy.

C-A

Grind doesn't mean difficult. It means to hone yourself by doing the same thing over and over. Like a sword is sharpened by a grindstone.

Tartarus was easy I have no idea how you didn't get that from my post.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Again, it wasn't a grind. Yeah it was boring as fuck to go through, but if you did it in one night (and didn't care about the people getting lost) you could ignore it as much as you wanted since you were decently leveled just by going as high as you could. Done. You didn't have to think about it until the next Full Moon or whenever the next area unlocked.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Again, it wasn't a grind. Yeah it was boring as fuck to go through, but if you did it in one night (and didn't care about the people getting lost) you could ignore it as much as you wanted since you were decently leveled just by going as high as you could. Done. You didn't have to think about it until the next Full Moon or whenever the next area unlocked.

C-A

Perhaps it wasn't for you but I used it to grind at least. My plan was to sprint to the first barrier I could reach to know how far I could go then grind on the floors below once I knew how far it was.

Again we need to work on the distinction between "my opinion" and "absolute fact" for you. I stated I used it to grind. Just because you didn't doesn't change that. No need to challenge such things.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

That's because you were spared the constant struggle of getting your party members to not act like idiots.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
That's because you were spared the constant struggle of getting your party members to not act like idiots.

I keep hearing this was an issue, but I also read that people can force the Member AI to function the way they want them to if they bother to set the AI settings properly. Then again, Atlus' idea of making them uncontrollable was a stupid idea - that wasn't the issue in P1 or both of the P2s, so why add it in 3?

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

I keep hearing this was an issue, but I also read that people can force the Member AI to function the way they want them to if they bother to set the AI settings properly. Then again, Atlus' idea of making them uncontrollable was a stupid idea - that wasn't the issue in P1 or both of the P2s, so why add it in 3?

C-A

You need to understand situations before you criticise people for not setting AIs right.

Yes you could program the AI with limits BUT you only unlocked specific commands as the plot went on.

First tower boss is a group of three Birds. They are weak to yukaris bow but use wind and so will DESTROY Junpei.

Yukari doesn't know how to properly act though and so after she knocks one down instead of setting up for an all out attack, she'll hit the same one waking it up. Guaranteeing more wind spells to destroy junpei and the others. Need to get a bow yourself to be reliable
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Running in the Shadows.

Pokemon ShuffleXD

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

C-A

You need to understand situations before you criticise people for not setting AIs right.

Yes you could program the AI with limits BUT you only unlocked specific commands as the plot went on.

First tower boss is a group of three Birds. They are weak to yukaris bow but use wind and so will DESTROY Junpei.

Yukari doesn't know how to properly act though and so after she knocks one down instead of setting up for an all out attack, she'll hit the same one waking it up. Guaranteeing more wind spells to destroy junpei and the others. Need to get a bow yourself to be reliable

This is why I prefer P3P. I'm allowed to control everyone manually after selecting the proper tactics.

SIDE NOTE: Got to hear the new navigator in P4G just now. Not amazing, but I don't hate her yet. Contrast this to Teddie's voice which made me want to strangle him almost immediately when he started navigating.

So far, I think my navigator ranking goes: Mitsuru > Rise >> Fuuka > Teddie

Still, hard to believe Rise is voiced by the same woman who played Lust in FMA. They sound like two different people.

The Chocolateholic of CR

Never use a ring that will cause people to fly out of nowhere. I was playing Skyrim and was using Ring of Crafting and it made people out of nowhere fly around and it killed probably one or two people that it caused the game to crash on me I was like "What the hell?"
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.

Gardevoir lover

Since i literally have nothing else to play i went and started replaying Miles Edgeworth.

Also for the past couple of days i've been playing Soul Calibur 2 with my brother and cousin, my best characters are Yungsung, Taki and Link.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

The Chocolateholic of CR

Been swiching to Skyrim and Pokemon Shuffle. 150 mins to regain all have hearts. And I had to use most of my jewels on Pokemon that makes you to beat them under 3-5 moves. Luckily I got one more since I beaten Mega Slowbro. On Mawile now and grinding Charmander, Torchic, and Vulpix. Charmander is level 4 Torchic and Vupix are level 2 Audino may not be useful but regardless I will have to use Audino since Mega Audino helps me get in a lot of combos. So within 150 mins I will use all 5 hearts on Treeko since Treecko is the easiest Pokemon I find to be useful. So this is my strategy "Use 5 hearts, level up, wait, repeat." Sorta like Brock Lesnar... Eat Sleep Conquer Repeat.

Hyrule Warriors and FUCK YOU GAME FOR FORCING ME TO UNLOCK COLOR SWAP COSTUMES AS REWARDS! If it was an actual costume, with a different design, I wouldn't mind. But this is a fucking "change color of standard outfit" one, why do I need to unlock it? And why won't you just let me get to that fucking square where Blue Zelda is!? And fuck getting her Level 2 Baton, that level SUCKS.

C-A

High level play

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Vorpal Blade is a physical attack that hits everything and does super damage if you are in "great" condition.

Vorpal blade huh? seems like something I need to add to my repertoire. I don't really grind much when I'm in the Tartarus. I have a guy with a ton of strength and a guy with a lot of magic. 1 of these 2 will always be enough to take down a boss. Since I found 1 thing to do in the evening: going to the arcade and improve the stats of my equipped persona it's getting pretty ridiculous how much raw power my personas have.
Starting to near the end-game I think and I still believe my original opinion: a fun game if you see past the flaws, but inferior to the 4th installment.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Vorpal blade huh? seems like something I need to add to my repertoire. I don't really grind much when I'm in the Tartarus. I have a guy with a ton of strength and a guy with a lot of magic. 1 of these 2 will always be enough to take down a boss. Since I found 1 thing to do in the evening: going to the arcade and improve the stats of my equipped persona it's getting pretty ridiculous how much raw power my personas have.
Starting to near the end-game I think and I still believe my original opinion: a fun game if you see past the flaws, but inferior to the 4th installment.

Yeah 4 definitely improved on a lot...however one thing I really like about 3 is how Physical Attacks actually matter this time around. In 4 I always felt like I was playing super conservatively, what with SP basically dictating everything from weaknesses to healing. Now that enemies can have physical weaknesses I find it much more manageable and it lightens the load on SP (though the full restore you get when you return to Tartarus' lobby invalidates this). It's even better in Persona Q where there is elemental physical attacks, you can basically relegate SP to being used only for buffs/heals/instant kills.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

P4 also had enemies that were weak to physical attacks...

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Very rarely, and there's only one kind of physical attack in P4 whereas P3 has physical attacks with their own 'elements' which allows for more tactical variance.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Very rarely, and there's only one kind of physical attack in P4 whereas P3 has physical attacks with their own 'elements' which allows for more tactical variance.

Maybe it's because I played P3P, but the variations of physical attacks made no sense to me after a while. I know that in the PS2 version, you were able to equip any kind of weapon on the main character, so he could equip gloves, bow and swords for Bash, Pierce and Slash attacks respectively. But since that feature was removed in P3P (and both protagonists were stuck with sword/naginata doing Slash attacks) it ended up really annoying me because I HAD to have someone with that attack type in my party and only THEY could attack for weakness.

Then again, this just proves another missstep that P3P did. :ron:

And on a side note, I liked the lack of SP healing items early on in P4. It forced me to use my head with attacks. Granted, the fact that you didn't know the elemental weaknesses at first and you practically had to guess was a bit annoying, but with some logic, you generally got the right one. (Like Bufu being helpful in Yukiko's Palace) But it was better than, once again, P3P where I had that clock for easy healing, could save there and generally got so much money so very fast that I could do this as often as I want until I got bored.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Maybe it's because I played P3P, but the variations of physical attacks made no sense to me after a while. I know that in the PS2 version, you were able to equip any kind of weapon on the main character, so he could equip gloves, bow and swords for Bash, Pierce and Slash attacks respectively. But since that feature was removed in P3P (and both protagonists were stuck with sword/naginata doing Slash attacks) it ended up really annoying me because I HAD to have someone with that attack type in my party and only THEY could attack for weakness.

Then again, this just proves another missstep that P3P did. :ron:

C-A

Yeah but on the flipside you have full control of party members. When you need a specific kind of physical element you can just fight smart whereas that boils down to a roll of the dice on the PS2. Alternatively you could have taken Personas with different physical element attacks and with only 3 it's bearable.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I barely ever used Personae that were physically oriented. I much preferred elemental ones. Or, end game, using Messiah with the all-target highest dark and light spells for instakills.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

I've been playing Pokemon shuffle, it's a surprisingly fun game.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
I barely ever used Personae that were physically oriented. I much preferred elemental ones. Or, end game, using Messiah with the all-target highest dark and light spells for instakills.

C-A

Therefore your complaint dissolves into your own fault.

"Physical weaknesses were annoying because I couldn't use the physical weaknesses"

"I barely ever used Personae that were physically orientated"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I never SAID the physical weaknesses were annoying, I said the multiple types of it were pointless in P3P because I was stuck with one type of physical attack ON MY CHARACTER.

C-A

High level play

I have a Ghost rider Hell Biker persona with 100 attack and 80 magic. This dude has and heavy hitting physical attack against all enemies and the heavy fire spell (single and multi target) combined with a cool breeze skill (healing HP and SP after every battle). He's pretty much one-shotting every regular enemy/enemies and never runs out of HP.

The Chocolateholic of CR

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I've been playing Pokemon shuffle, it's a surprisingly fun game.

Oh when you get to Mega Mawile you are in for quite the rage.

Currently, I'm playing Yoshi's Island. I'm trying to 100% the game and I'm currently on the second half of World Six. I'm getting there. =)

In Justice We Trust

I've been playing Harvest Moon: A New Beginning lately. The mine's finally open, so in due time, I'll be able to upgrade my tools. I'll also be able to build the Inn--if I ever get another chunk of silver, that is. Maybe I'm imagining things, but it seems that whenever I need just one more piece of a particular material, several days will pass without me getting it, then I'll suddenly get a whole mess of the stuff once I'm sufficiently frustrated.
I'll always love you, Max.

About the mine: it's set randomly when you get up how often you can hit something out of one of the locations. But WHAT you get is determined as you hit the location. So stand in front of it, save, hit it, Not what you want? Reload and try again.

Yeah it can definitely be BORING that way, but you do have more of a chance to get what you want more often. I know I did it when I was frantically trying to get together Silver and Jade for the farm bell (it just took too long to get the animals in and out by hand) and Fluorite for house buildings.

Also, about upgrading your tools, you mean you're still using the first ones or did you upgrade to Copper/Iron? (Speaking of, in the mine, first thing you want is 2 Platinum to create the Ultra Hammer, so you can use the Red location, too)

C-A

In Justice We Trust

I've completed the first upgrades to my tools. As for save-scumming, I've read about that. I have a strong personal aversion to such an approach in most circumstances, but I'm definitely considering it at this point.
I'll always love you, Max.

eyyyy

I was just replaying AAI1, 5th case on my DS. (3DS to be more specific, it has backwards compatibility, y'know)
I really enjoy Investigations, they're quite fun. Especially the feature to actually move around. It sometimes seems to good to be a spinoff to me sometimes...

I WOULD say I'm playing Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate (Last Round) but due to reasons in the vent station, I am not... :ron:

Otherwise, Hyrule Warriors and I got majority of the Level 3 weapons.

C-A
Page 222 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225 ... 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station