Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 245 of 274[ 10935 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248 ... 274  Next

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Playing Hyrule Warriors right now.

Ugh man...I'm trying to get all the Gold Skulltulas from the main plot but the Shining Beacon mission is bloody impossible. Gotta keep everyone tided over and fight a super version of Volga before defeating a normal version of Volga. All the while no one is capable of taking care of themselves in a mission where no one can die and I'm losing keeps almost as fast as I'm taking them.

If I advance the scenario too much then Zelda talks sense into Volga and I only fight him once which means I don't get the Skulltula. Also Super Volga does BUTTLOADS of damage and has loads of super armour on his attacks!

It's the equivalent of fighting Lu Bu at Hu Lao Gate where I feel I'm not meant to beat him and they've made him cheap as all hell to reflect that.

Doesn't help that hardly any of his attacks leave him open with a weak point to follow up.

Or that I need to fight him as Lana with the Spear which I don't think is her best weapon.

*grumble wumble*
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Which level of Spear is it? I don't quite recall the mission exactly, but I think I know which one you mean... I think I eventually went back with a Lvl 3 Spear and wiped the floor with him.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Which level of Spear is it? I don't quite recall the mission exactly, but I think I know which one you mean... I think I eventually went back with a Lvl 3 Spear and wiped the floor with him.

C-A

I've got her level 2 Spear, but I'll probably need her level 3 spear (though it's mission is hard as nails as well, gotta be EVERYWHERE). Though I just don't really like the the Spear's moveset. The big wind blast is quite nice but nothing else feels really effective.

Plus the battle is filled with Icy Big Poes which do plenty of damage and Dinolfos who bloody never leave themselves open and block tonnes of my attacks. GRAAAGH it's a super frustrating battle.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

OH BOY, 3AM!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD for the Wii U. Just beat Lakebed Temple in one sitting and no walkthrough :will: . prouder than I should be The cutscene post beating the boss at Hylia Spring had a much more emotional impact on me than the first time I played.

A complaint I have is the frame rate. When I ride Epona through puddles in the field north of Kakariko or under the large tree north of the Bridge of Hylia the frame rate drops like crazy.
"The business is on. I am trying to raise the balance for the Gummy Bear so he could submit all the needed Fizzy Cola Bottle Jelly Beans to the Creme Egg for the Peanut M&Ms process to start. Send £1,500.00 via a Giant Gummy Lizard" -Solomon Odonkoh

Pierre wrote:
I've got her level 2 Spear, but I'll probably need her level 3 spear (though it's mission is hard as nails as well, gotta be EVERYWHERE).

Oh yeah. I remember that mission for her Level 3 Spear. Honestly, I forget how I managed it eventually. I think her waterspout thing is pretty helpful. Slow, but it does get people on her sides, too. Then again, I think Zelda's Lvl 2 Baton was worse.

Quote:
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD for the Wii U. Just beat Lakebed Temple in one sitting and no walkthrough

No offense, Sniper, but the Lakebed is not that difficult to get through and doesn't need a walkthrough to begin with.

C-A

OH BOY, 3AM!

Quote:
No offense, Sniper, but the Lakebed is not that difficult to get through and doesn't need a walkthrough to begin with.

Last time I played the game was like 5 years ago so maybe that's why I thought it was going to be difficult- because I was not good at this game back when I first went through Lakebed.
"The business is on. I am trying to raise the balance for the Gummy Bear so he could submit all the needed Fizzy Cola Bottle Jelly Beans to the Creme Egg for the Peanut M&Ms process to start. Send £1,500.00 via a Giant Gummy Lizard" -Solomon Odonkoh

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Lana is one of my favorite characters to play, but only with her magic book. I hate using her spear, it's just really awkward, so I feel your pain Pierre. I know for most missions when I was stuck playing a character/weapon combo I detested, I just let my brother play as player 2 and let him clean house while I played back up. Missions are always easier to get through when player 2 can just play as an overpowered Link with his sword.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Lana is one of my favorite characters to play, but only with her magic book. I hate using her spear, it's just really awkward, so I feel your pain Pierre. I know for most missions when I was stuck playing a character/weapon combo I detested, I just let my brother play as player 2 and let him clean house while I played back up. Missions are always easier to get through when player 2 can just play as an overpowered Link with his sword.

Took me a bit to get used to Lana's Spear. And, after getting used to that, I had to get used to her Book again. Now, one weapon I really do not like is Zelda with the Dominion Rod. I dunno, it just feels super clunky to me, no matter how much I try to battle with it.

C-A

I hate her Dominion Rod too. I still find Link with his sword the easiest to adapt to as it's pretty easy to use, but if I want to go for others, I'll usually go for Lana with her book or Sheik. My brother is a big fan of Impa with her Naginata. There are others I don't mind using, but those are usually my go to. I'll usually go for Link though if I'm trying to go for a high rank if possible just because I find him the easiest to use to achieve that.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

I just beat Phoenix Wright Trilogy! I seriously wish I could play Dual Destinies but I can't because it's rated M (My parents are very strict on ratings)

Godot124 wrote:
I just beat Phoenix Wright Trilogy! I seriously wish I could play Dual Destinies but I can't because it's rated M (My parents are very strict on ratings)

I think DD only got M because you can see *GASP* blood at one point!

C-A

Yeah. Dual Destinies isn't anymore risque or anything compared to the other games. It's quite tame. The only reason it really got an M rating I think is only because the graphics are now 3-D so the murder scenes I suppose are more graphic. But it's still way more on the side of anime rather than realism. Honestly, I felt it should have been rated T.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
I hate her Dominion Rod too. I still find Link with his sword the easiest to adapt to as it's pretty easy to use, but if I want to go for others, I'll usually go for Lana with her book or Sheik. My brother is a big fan of Impa with her Naginata. There are others I don't mind using, but those are usually my go to. I'll usually go for Link though if I'm trying to go for a high rank if possible just because I find him the easiest to use to achieve that.

Ganon with his swords is probably easily my favourite. His huge AOEs make clearing keeps and waves of goons so easy.

I'm quite a fan of the style of Zelda's rapier but I don't feel its especially effective.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Fatal Frame II, I got the Shadow Ritual ending. I purposefully ran a few times around during the Kusabi battle - then realized that, on Hard, it would take longer to kill him, anyway. So, now I'm doing another playthrough and have Mio in the Sakura and Mayu in the Crimson yukata. Dunno which ending I'll go for... I just want to do this Nightmare run ASAP and unlock the last few things, before getting the rest on Easy.

C-A

Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Ganon with his swords is probably easily my favourite. His huge AOEs make clearing keeps and waves of goons so easy.

I'm quite a fan of the style of Zelda's rapier but I don't feel its especially effective.

Yeah, I love Ganon for mobs, but I hate using him for boss fights. I'll only play as him if I'm going in 2 player.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Yeah, I love Ganon for mobs, but I hate using him for boss fights. I'll only play as him if I'm going in 2 player.

Eh I find loads of people aren't great for boss fights not just him. Just got no idea what's an effective way of dealing with that...with the exception of Volga's C3 move but he's amazing in general.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I can usually handle boss fights alright with most characters. It's just about dodging and timing your attacks. Ganon is one I don't like using for boss fights because his moves take too long to charge and by then, I'm taking damage. Off the top of my head, Zant is another one that shares that similar problem for me.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

ASCEND

dullahan1 wrote:
Yeah. Dual Destinies isn't anymore risque or anything compared to the other games. It's quite tame. The only reason it really got an M rating I think is only because the graphics are now 3-D so the murder scenes I suppose are more graphic. But it's still way more on the side of anime rather than realism. Honestly, I felt it should have been rated T.

Oddly enough, the game is rated 12+ on the iPhone's app store. That's how I had to get it, since the 3DS locks out games that are outside of your age limit.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Planetbox wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Oddly enough, the game is rated 12+ on the iPhone's app store. That's how I had to get it, since the 3DS locks out games that are outside of your age limit.

It's weird how the 3ds blocks ratings even though your parents may say its okay. It's especially annoying with digital download only games.

I was gonna say, what ratings... then remembered I didn't get a 3DS until I was over 18, so it wouldn't have mattered.

C-A

OBJECTION!

Playing Lucid 9 - a mystery OELVN :)
Apparently this part "Inciting Incident" is only one part of the story, I cant wait for the next part.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Apollon Flame

BRAVELY DEFAULT Flying Fairy

I am currently playing BRAVELY DEFAULT Flying Fairy. It's an enhanced port of the game originally released exclusively in Japan in 2012. The game was originally mean to be a sequel to FINAL FANTASY - the 4 Heroes of Light. Bravely Default is a fun game with a spectacular soundtrack, team of voice actors, characters, enemies and locations designs. What makes BD fun is its gameplay. It takes heavily upon FINAL FANTASY's III and V because of its Job-oriented mechanics. It's battle mechanics are based on a "high risk, high reward" system where you choose to either defend and accumulate turns to later use them and attack for four turns straight, or just go all-out and deplete your turns into the negative fields where you get to attack your enemies up to four times, but if you don't defeat the enemy, you will have to wait until your turn counter returns to zero to attack once more, or even get to heal.

As you can see, it has a very basic combat system, but the addition of Jobs and whether or not go all-out on enemies makes it complex. As you progress through the game, difficulty will keep rising, making you think of what Jobs you should bring to a battle, and whether or not you should accumulate turns now or later.

There's a DEMO on Nintendo's eShop for those that want to give it a try. If you manage to clear the DEMO, you can transfer items and pieces of equipment to the full game. But trust me, the DEMO has a higher difficulty curve than the full game, haha. I got into Bravely Default because of its DEMO and actually managed to get every reward.

I'm eager to finish the game and give its sequel, BRAVELY SECOND End Layer, a try! :]
A King

in name

alone...

Gettin' Old!

Scent wrote:

I am currently playing BRAVELY DEFAULT Flying Fairy. It's an enhanced port of the game originally released exclusively in Japan in 2012. The game was originally mean to be a sequel to FINAL FANTASY - the 4 Heroes of Light. Bravely Default is a fun game with a spectacular soundtrack, team of voice actors, characters, enemies and locations designs. What makes BD fun is its gameplay. It takes heavily upon FINAL FANTASY's III and V because of its Job-oriented mechanics. It's battle mechanics are based on a "high risk, high reward" system where you choose to either defend and accumulate turns to later use them and attack for four turns straight, or just go all-out and deplete your turns into the negative fields where you get to attack your enemies up to four times, but if you don't defeat the enemy, you will have to wait until your turn counter returns to zero to attack once more, or even get to heal.

As you can see, it has a very basic combat system, but the addition of Jobs and whether or not go all-out on enemies makes it complex. As you progress through the game, difficulty will keep rising, making you think of what Jobs you should bring to a battle, and whether or not you should accumulate turns now or later.

There's a DEMO on Nintendo's eShop for those that want to give it a try. If you manage to clear the DEMO, you can transfer items and pieces of equipment to the full game. But trust me, the DEMO has a higher difficulty curve than the full game, haha. I got into Bravely Default because of its DEMO and actually managed to get every reward.

I'm eager to finish the game and give its sequel, BRAVELY SECOND End Layer, a try! :]

Yeah I finished this one recently and the core mechanics are totally sound. Really filled up that "turn-based" hole I had in me. It's a shame I think the story gets a bit messy and I think Tiz and Agnes are the greatest bores of a main character couple I've ever seen but the supporting cast and other protagonists are interesting enough to make it worthwhile. The Job system allows for really quite an absurd level of depth and strategy that is very rewarding and encourages experimentation.

I definitely plan on giving End Layer a shot afterwards too.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I forget, but wasn't it that Flying Fairy IS the enhanced version that was localized?

C-A

Apollon Flame

Pierre wrote:
Scent wrote:

Yeah I finished this one recently and the core mechanics are totally sound. Really filled up that "turn-based" hole I had in me. It's a shame I think the story gets a bit messy and I think Tiz and Agnes are the greatest bores of a main character couple I've ever seen but the supporting cast and other protagonists are interesting enough to make it worthwhile. The Job system allows for really quite an absurd level of depth and strategy that is very rewarding and encourages experimentation.

I definitely plan on giving End Layer a shot afterwards too.

Yeah. Although it pains me to concur with you regarding Tiz and Agnés, they can be a bore sometimes and make cutscenes a drag. :< Edea's aggressiveness and Ringabel's personality makes up for them, I guess. Though I think Tiz's and Agnés' "bore" is meant to be. Tiz could very well be the player experiencing the world of Bravely Default, while Agnés is the character that portrays the story to the player.

CatMuto wrote:
I forget, but wasn't it that Flying Fairy IS the enhanced version that was localized?

C-A

I think the original game was named BRAVELY DEFAULT Where the Fairies Gather, while Flying Fairy is the enhanced port with a lot of added content.

That reminds me: I like how you obtain Jobs by doing sidequests. And sidequests aren't a bore, but rather add to the sub-plots in the game (hence their names: Sub-Scenarios).
A King

in name

alone...

Gardevoir lover

My internet has been out for a week so i sat down and payed Fire Emblem.

I think i need to take Barte out of the party, at his point he has two full health bars while everybody else only has one.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

In Justice We Trust

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
My internet has been out for a week so i sat down and payed Fire Emblem.

I think i need to take Barte out of the party, at his point he has two full health bars while everybody else only has one.

It's perfectly normal for a Fighter to have higher-than-average HP. Relative level is a better guide to whether or not you need to remove someone from the party.

Meanwhile, I've been building a fancy home for a family in The Sims 3. My personal canon is that they're royalty, so they get more of a palace than a mansion. Sometimes I feel like just putting the construction effort on pause and admiring the work I've done so far. I'm really pulling out all the stops with them, even going so far as to buy up a few additional lots for more specialized use.
I'll always love you, Max.

ASCEND

Right now, I've mostly been playing Kingdom Hearts Final Mix on the PS3. The game cam eout forever ago, and I'm pretty close to finishing it. That's pretty much all I have to say about that.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

I decided to make a New Game for Fatal Frame II: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
There was just no way I would kill Sae on Nightmare without taking any damage. Her AI seems pretty random and she liked to teleport right in front of me, which made her touch and kill me. So, this time I'm trying to get at least 150 Ghosts in one playthrough (I counted the ones you can get on a first playthrough, as well as those where you have an Either/Or choice, and you can get about 168 in one go, if you manage to snap them all, so I'm safe there). Second playthrough on Hard will go to battle Sae and then the Nightmare one will be for the Shadow Festival. I can just take my sweet time killing the Kusabi, since I have to take more than 5 minutes, anyway.
And I originally only did that one as my second playthrough cause I wanted the yukata outfits.

Also doing my 3rd or 5th attempt at Nuzlocking Pokémon Y. I managed to keep my guys alive up until Glittering Cave. I generally tend to choke and lose at Reflection Cave, so we'll see.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

Fire Emblem GBA.

Got to a point where your party was split between three hallways and you had to get Eliwood through the middle pathway, i just used teleport which one of my party members had to summon Eliwood to one of the side pathways, completely avoiding 90% percent of the enemies.

I just imagined Eliwood giving the middle finger to said enemies while crossing the lake of fire.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Danksgiving

just beat my first Civ 5 game

i saved Rome from getting destroyed by Alexander the Great, then had to turn on Rome to get the Domination victory

seeing poor Caesars face after I declared war on him was somehow one of the saddest video game moments for me

Pokemon ORAS I'm trying to chain for a shiny oddish. While writing this I found one. Yes!

Fatal Frame V: Maiden of the Black Water.
I am excited to play the game, but I just keep finding SMALL parts in the game that bug me and become bigger problems because of the frequency they pop up in. Also, really not a fan of the gamepad-required Camera controls. And the autosave part. It's not bad, it's just that it feels so random when it saves, sometimes it saves in close succession... other times it could take a while until I get another save.

C-A

PS: Also, the game told me my next objective was to touch Miu (only to read her psychometry or whatever!)...

ASCEND

I finally got Fire Emblem Awakening back, so I'm trying finish getting all of the characters in it. Right now, I only have to complete all of the Child and SpotPass characters, and then I should have all of them.

I've felt worse.

I'm Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut. I came across a woman who had been conned into paying a shady group a lot of money. So I took the morally just action and robbed every single store in the city until I had enough to pay off her debt. It's a good thing minor NPCs don't care about main characters.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

So I was messing around in Pokemon Y today, trying to get a Shiny in the Friend Safari to no avail, and instead end up catching the Pokerus. Gotta say, super freaking excited about this. Last time I got the Pokerus was over 10 years ago in my Emerald playthrough.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Buckled down and finally subbed for FFXIV a few weeks ago. I'm an adorable lizard girl who's finally achieved her dream of becoming a Dragoon, so she could jump really high in the sky and plummet back to the ground with her lance ready to poke things. I've managed to find catharsis amidst the grinding and doing the monotonous quests that come with MMOs.
Also, I suppose I've found myself playing P4 in anticipation for P5. I just need to get my hands on a PS4 eventually.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Scary Cat

Blak The Great wrote:
Buckled down and finally subbed for FFXIV a few weeks ago. I'm an adorable lizard girl who's finally achieved her dream of becoming a Dragoon, so she could jump really high in the sky and plummet back to the ground with her lance ready to poke things. I've managed to find catharsis amidst the grinding and doing the monotonous quests that come with MMOs.
Also, I suppose I've found myself playing P4 in anticipation for P5. I just need to get my hands on a PS4 eventually.

FFXIV Also happens to be my go-to time sink for the past year or so. I've gotten to the point where I get most of my entertainment mentoring newer players and making free equipment for pre-50 friends. If you happen to be on Leviathan server, feel free to hit me up, my character's name is Isabeau Onyxheart.

Aside from FFXIV, I started getting into Planetside 2 over the last month. I started mostly because Youtuber and Machinima savant Ross Scott had a big play along planned in that game, and I wanted to take part. Unfortunately for me, I literally forgot all about the fact the thing was happening yesterday and I missed it. Whoops. :maggey:
Image Avatar/Signature sprites done by good folk at Crystal Gun Girl Game

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:

Hells yeah Blak-san!

I love me some FFXIV though I have no idea how super crafters like Onyx alchemist pull it off, the materials are so rare and levelling crafting takes so long. You basically always need to level at least a gatherer and at least 1 other crafter class simultaneously to pull it off. I'm working on powering up my Warrior so I can eventually get my mentor crown. Then I think I'll go with Machinist.

Doubt you run on Moogle Servers though Blak.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Scary Cat

Pierre wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:

Hells yeah Blak-san!

I love me some FFXIV though I have no idea how super crafters like Onyx alchemist pull it off, the materials are so rare and levelling crafting takes so long. You basically always need to level at least a gatherer and at least 1 other crafter class simultaneously to pull it off. I'm working on powering up my Warrior so I can eventually get my mentor crown. Then I think I'll go with Machinist.

Doubt you run on Moogle Servers though Blak.

I leveled the crafters and gathers at pretty much the same time. It took quite a while to do, but now I can make stuff for leveling people very easily, which is nice.

Gave up on leveling them halway through the 50s though, cause gathering/crafting became such a pain when theyh made you have to do so many timed unspoiled nodes just to craft anything. I'd rather not have to wait an hour real-time just to get materials to make a pair of pants, and not even have a good chance to make them high quality, thanks.
Image Avatar/Signature sprites done by good folk at Crystal Gun Girl Game
Page 245 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248 ... 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station