Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 248 of 274[ 10935 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251 ... 274  Next

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

sumguy28 wrote:
...Though I'm still questioning why there's an achievement for throwing a little girl's ball down a well. Maybe the devs just wanted to see how many people would actually do it?

Lollipop Chainsaw has an achievement for trying to look up Juliet's skirt (default attire: cheerleading uniform, so she wears shorts underneath). Heck, Devs think of a lot of weird things as achievements.

Devil Survivor 2, I decided to delete my file... why? Uh... let's say it's cause I couldn't recall what demons I had already made... yeah, let's go with that. I decided to do my New Game in the Tri Arc first, before doing Sept. Certain characters (*coughJungo*) have less annoying fate events in the Tri Arc. Plus, it is post-development for them. I think I'll go for the most horrifying, pre-end game ending first.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
Finished Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons. It's a good game and all, but I made the mistake of playing it with a keyboard. Ow.

Yeah bet that kinda dampened the experience somewhat but hey...still a fun and moving little game amirite?

Oh definitely. It's been a while since I've gotten this emotional over a game.
...Though I'm still questioning why there's an achievement for throwing a little girl's ball down a well. Maybe the devs just wanted to see how many people would actually do it?

There were small achievements for little optional challenges in each area. Just to add a little extra fun and life to the world.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

In Justice We Trust

I'm planning to try Stellaris out soon. I already have the game, but I'm doing a little extra work to make my custom species seem a bit more distinct--specifically, I'm putting together a language so that their ships, planets, people, and so on don't get their names from one of the pre-existing lists.
I'll always love you, Max.

Beware of the Dog

Oh my god, I feel horrible. My nerves are exploding. I just finished my first game of Undertale and... well... I got a BAD ending. No better way of discribing it, I guess.
Spoiler:
ASGORE said he could be my family, and then that grinning flower popped up out of nowhere and finished us both.

Oh hell. This makes you really feel like a horrible person. I guess it won't keep me from trying another time, but... Oh hell, so intense.

Gettin' Old!

Viktoria von Karma wrote:
Oh my god, I feel horrible. My nerves are exploding. I just finished my first game of Undertale and... well... I got a BAD ending. No better way of discribing it, I guess.
Spoiler:
ASGORE said he could be my family, and then that grinning flower popped up out of nowhere and finished us both.

Oh hell. This makes you really feel like a horrible person. I guess it won't keep me from trying another time, but... Oh hell, so intense.

You did all you could. Stay determined, you can make it better.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Spoiler:

Obligatorily Cruel Twist Ending.

C-A

Beware of the Dog

Pierre wrote:
Spoiler:

Oh yeah, great. You mean as soon as I
Spoiler:
Manage it to make the miracle happen that gets me through Flowey's punishment intro? I'm terribly bad at that kind of thing, and I don't want to buy the whole game again, either. The rules of steam seem to work against me. Which kind of sadist thinks of something like that?

So, I guess I'll be off, playing with my pokémon... :nixiesob:

Gettin' Old!

Pierre wrote:
Spoiler:

Oh yeah, great. You mean as soon as I
Spoiler:
Manage it to make the miracle happen that gets me through Flowey's punishment intro? I'm terribly bad at that kind of thing, and I don't want to buy the whole game again, either. The rules of steam seem to work against me. Which kind of sadist thinks of something like that?

So, I guess I'll be off, playing with my pokémon... :nixiesob:

I'm...not sure but I'm finding it a bit difficult to understand what you are saying. Could you be more specific?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Beware of the Dog

Did you ever get that ending?

Gettin' Old!

Spoiler: Undertale
Where you defeat Asgore and spare him? Yeah it went on into another fight with Flowey

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Beware of the Dog

Pierre wrote:

Where you defeat Asgore and spare him? Yeah it went on into another fight with Flowey

Spoiler:
"Another fight with Flowey"? So no incredibly annoying horror freak show thing that repeats itself everytime you start the blasted game? How? Did you kill "normal" Flowey?

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:

Spoiler:
"Another fight with Flowey"? So no incredibly annoying horror freak show thing that repeats itself everytime you start the blasted game? How? Did you kill "normal" Flowey?

Spoiler:
Incredibly annoying horror freak show thing is Flowey. It's crazy, but you can win against it. Just study its patterns and endure.

Side note, incredibly annoying horror freak show thing is my favorite part of Undertale.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

Stay Determined Vicky you are almost there
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gardevoir lover

Started playing Tales of Symphonia.

The first time i am playing what is considered one of the best games on the Gamecube, two discs long, my only game that does so so i guess i'm in for the long haul.

First impression? Oh my god Lloyd has the voice of Teen titans Robin! Awesome! Colette is not leaving a good impression on me so far, i don't know why and Genus... That's a lame pun.

Travelled to the temple nearby the village and once the first boss fight kicked in i could not help but say "Titans go!" *proceeds to spam Demon fang*

So far i'm enjoying this.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Genus... That's a lame pun.

His Japanese name IS Genius.
As for Collet... personally, I couldn't stand her in the English version. I began to tolerate her more in the Japanese one.

Devil Survivor: Overclocked.
I decided to go from the second to the first game again and start a new file, despite my original one having done half of the paths.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
As for Collet... personally, I couldn't stand her in the English version. I began to tolerate her more in the Japanese one.

I can't stand either. Her English voice sounds like an eight-year-old, while her Japanese voice sounds like an eight-year-old who's trying to be super special ultra cute beyond human limits.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

I can't stand either. Her English voice sounds like an eight-year-old, while her Japanese voice sounds like an eight-year-old who's trying to be super special ultra cute beyond human limits.

I think the main reason I can't stand Collet is because I see her as a goddamn, filthy hypocrite.

Spoiler: Symphonia Well-Known 'Spoiler'
I wonder how long it'll take Klonoa to notice that Kratos is Lloyd's father...

I mean, I kinda knew when I went into the game, but then I noticed even minute things and was, like, "OmG, so fucking obvious."

C-A

PS: Klonoa, there is a Klonoa costume in-game.

Alexander James

I've been playing Sonic Dash, that one game I really love.

It's kinda cool actually. The new update to fighting bosses made it more challenging, especially because you need to time your taps instead of spamming effortlessly. There's a bit of glitch in some parts of the game, like the free video revive, but it has improved. A LOT.
If all of them are happy, then I shall be happy too.

The end of nonsense is near.

Gettin' Old!

AJtheprogrammer wrote:
I've been playing Sonic Dash, that one game I really love.

It's kinda cool actually. The new update to fighting bosses made it more challenging, especially because you need to time your taps instead of spamming effortlessly. There's a bit of glitch in some parts of the game, like the free video revive, but it has improved. A LOT.

Yeah I found that kinda fun but it got repetitive when there were only like 2 bosses and they were both terrible.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

Quote:
I think the main reason I can't stand Collet is because I see her as a goddamn, filthy hypocrite.

I get where she's coming from,
Spoiler: Symphonia
being brainwashed from childhood into believing that she has to die so no one else does, but she never really grows out of that. The most change that came out of Colette was her admitting to Zelos that she is just puting up an act in one skit that never gets mentioned again.

Unless that changed in the rerelease. In which case, I might take another look at that PC port.

Quote:
I mean, I kinda knew when I went into the game, but then I noticed even minute things and was, like, "OmG, so fucking obvious."

Spoiler:
"So you're Lloyd."
"Huh? You know me?"
"It's nothing."

Yeah, they really weren't trying to be subtle about that.

sumguy28 wrote:
Unless that changed in the rerelease. In which case, I might take another look at that PC port.

Spoiler:
"So you're Lloyd."
"Huh? You know me?"
"It's nothing."

Yeah, they really weren't trying to be subtle about that.

Yeah, and we can discuss whether skits or subevents even count as canon, since they are technically optional to view. But let's not.

Far as I know, the PS3 version is based on the PS2 enhanced port, which didn't alter all that much; at least, not in terms of plot or character development.

Spoiler: Totes Obvious Symphonia Spoiler
I was more about the fact that, say... Lloyd and Kratos' skit pictures are nearly identical.
Kratos hanging around Anna's grave and seeming INCONSPICUOUSLY curious about Lloyd's parentage.
Kratos being overall kind to Lloyd, despite remaining the cool, distant guy - once again, Refill mentioning in a skit that Kratos was that way to Lloyd, but still.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

CatMuto wrote:

Spoiler: Symphonia Well-Known 'Spoiler'
I wonder how long it'll take Klonoa to notice that Kratos is Lloyd's father...

C-A

PS: Klonoa, there is a Klonoa costume in-game.

To be honest i had that suspicion the moment he came into the picture.

...Yay.

I'll get back to the game tomorrow, i haven't had the chance to actually play it today.

The cape is self-fluttering

Finally decided to fire up Xenoblade (3DS). Not the worst camera I've dealt with, but that's definitely the worst button to control it.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Gettin' Old!

Jean Descole wrote:
Finally decided to fire up Xenoblade (3DS). Not the worst camera I've dealt with, but that's definitely the worst button to control it.

Do you mean the nub? I didn't really feel anything wrong with the camera when I played.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The cape is self-fluttering

Pierre wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:

Do you mean the nub? I didn't really feel anything wrong with the camera when I played.

It just never seems to go in the direction I want it to. Though it probably wouldn't bother me half as much if I weren't prone to getting motion sickness.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Gardevoir lover

Tales of Symphonia.

I had to double back to the first dungeon and got some item boxes i missed as well as got some training for Lloyd and Genus. Being introduced to Noishe just had me staring at the creature, Lloyd says he is a dog and seeing as there are dogs in this universe... That's no dog.

Going through the forest and into the desians base all i can think of is how the heck has Lloyd survived this long when this place is on his morning jog route. And at this scene it hits me that this game has pseudo platforming. ...Yay

Spoiler:
Is the name Druk synonymous with adoptied dads?

Jesus christ Collete, i cannot stand her voice...

This second boss fight, it's design freaks me out, looks like something out of Resident Evil.
Spoiler:
Marble's death would probably be more impactfull if we actually had more than one conversation with her, seeing Lloyd and Genus get kicked out of the village like that just makes me think that these characters are assholes

And the games second dungeon looks to be a desert level. ...Well this is gonna be... interesting.

Spoilers, second 'dungeon' is not really desert type. I can pretty much agree on the rest, though reason why Lloyd survived so long, despite the Iselia Human Ranch being right where he walks by every morning: Iselia has a treaty. They don't bug the human ranch, the Desians won't bug Iselia. But yeah, the mayor of Iselia is a dickwad.

C-A

I've felt worse.

Hotline Miami 2: Were the Drugs Necessary?

Dying a lot was fun in the first game, but it started to get reslly annoying here.

The first turnabout in Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney because on August 3rd of this year the first trial will take place! I wonder if something similar to this will be on the news?

Edit: Todays the day it's going to happen, well better turn on the court channel.

Last edited by ZoomBoom124 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Godot124 wrote:
The first turnabout in Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney because on August 3rd of this year the first trial will take place! I wonder if something similar to this will be on the news?

Well we've had calls for Parrots to testify in real life so anything is possible.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Godot124 wrote:

*hammering a piece of stone into the form of The Thinker* I'mma working on it. :kristoph:

C-A

Gardevoir lover

More Tales of Symphonia.

Spent about 2 hours grinding in the desert before actually proceeding with the story, getting kidnapped by Desians and then proceeding to grind against robots in a hallway.

So... That room with the Gamecube. What is it in other versions of the game? Kind of curious there. And then out of nowhere the others show up to save Lloyd, what are the odds?

Everytime Lloyd and Collete share a conversation all i hear is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPFIn8dW3Fk
Once they all joined the party i proceeded to ignore Rain for the rest of the game.

What!? Refill is THE healer! You won't want to be in major battles without her.

As for the Gamecube, in the PS2 and PS3 version, it's a simple, blue cub that is... sliced into layers, lying diagonally over each other.
Looks
This
Kinda

C-A

Gardevoir lover

Still playing Tales Of Symphonia, got into the second dungeon after about an hour of grinding, put Raine in the party to have more than one guy on the team as a healer.

After more conversations between Lloyd and Collete i repeat my previous sentiment. "Just f*ck already!"

And going into this dungeon i expected a desert themed dungeon, was pleasantly surprised when it was a sudden volcano.
Spoiler:
Wasn't a very long dungeon so it wasn't that hard outside of that mimic near the entrance.

That boss fight though, was really pathetically easy i mean jesus christ Demon fang spamming, though i was grinding for about 4 hours so Lloyd can take pretty much anything.

...So Colette's an angel now? Neat. Though that's normally a transformation left for a midway point kind of thing, i thought i was still starting this game? And they leave they're sickly thin girl in the middle of a sandstorm!? Yeah it's part of her test but still jesus overkill much?

And after getting some armor, weapons and ingredients

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
After more conversations between Lloyd and Collete i repeat my previous sentiment. "Just f*ck already!"

Ew! Ew, ew, ew! No! Ew! Lloyd is too dumb to even know how sex works and Collet... eeeewwwww! :sadshoe:

By the way, are you aware of the relationship system in the game?

Yes, Collet is an angel. It's part of the journey for regeneration that you're on.

Oh, do you know about/understand Ex-Gems? I know a lot of people who play the first time around and are confused by them, even though there is an explanation for them when you obtain it.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

CatMuto wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

Ew! Ew, ew, ew! No! Ew! Lloyd is too dumb to even know how sex works and Collet... eeeewwwww! :sadshoe:

By the way, are you aware of the relationship system in the game?

Yes, Collet is an angel. It's part of the journey for regeneration that you're on.

Oh, do you know about/understand Ex-Gems? I know a lot of people who play the first time around and are confused by them, even though there is an explanation for them when you obtain it.

C-A

I know there's a relationship system but i'm not entirely sure how it works.

I know about EX Gems but i don't fully understand

The dialogue options you have in majority of locations can either give certain party members increased points with Lloyd, others will decrease for certain characters. (ex. following the rules by not leaving the classroom at first gives you points for Refill) You also have Overworld Skits that you might have not seen yet - they appear as large, glowing rings on the world map (and are ONLY visible, if you are WALKING, so no riding on Noishe) - that give you a little dialogue between Lloyd and a certain party member. Answering in a good way = increased points, answering badly = decreased points.

Do the points actually matter in the long run? Yes.
Certain scenes in the game play out with minor differences, depending on who has the highest affection for Lloyd at that point. Mostly at points where it doesn't matter, though one plot-important scene will alter minorly, if a specific character has the highest affection for Lloyd at that point. Towards the end of the game, when you have to remain in Flanoir for the night, the three people with the highest affection will visit Lloyd. In order of highest, 2nd highest and 3rd highest.
You can choose to go outside with one of them.
Going outside gives you a nice scene where Lloyd and the character have a good heart-to-heart talk.

Since you're playing the Gamecube version, there is a 4th option that you will default to, if you do not go out with any of the three coming in at first. (This was removed in the PS2/PS3 version)

Who you go out with will alter some scenes.
If you are a completionist and like to fill up pages in the collector's book, you need to play the game three times and go out with either Collet, Kratos or Zelos, the last of whom you haven't met yet. Those three will give you each an item for going out with them for that scene. I really like the Flanoir night, it gives you insight into characters. And, personally, I think it's there to get Collet AWAY from Lloyd.

EX-Gems have four abilities.
On the upper right side of the lowest box will either be S-Type or T-Type for the ability you have highlighted.
Having it equipped will put points into S or T with the character.
If you have an even number of S and T type abilities equipped, the bar (found on main menu below their HP) will not move, so you need to make sure that you have an uneven number.

S and T Type will alter the type of ability the character can unlock on higher levels.
S-Type gives you stronger attacks, but with less hits.
T-Type gives you weaker attacks, but more hits in one. (Good for combos, I'd say)
By default, I recall that Collet, Genius and Refill are set on T.
For Refill, I overall suggest T-Type because it gives you party-wide heals and buff abilities.

It sounds complicated, but it's really simple.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Playing Batman the Telltale Series.

Liking it so far, taking some bits of the Gotham show in parts. I figure a setting like Batman allows for plenty of difficult and interesting choices to be made that will be fitting to a Telltale-style adventure game.

Had some neat detective/plan of attack stuff as well but it was really basic. I'm hoping that once the thing gets going they'll get a bit more complex as this initial one was tutorial level stuff.

I wonder about the choices someone would make going into this with no Batman knowledge...it seems to be pretty early on as Batman doesn't know Catwoman yet and Harvey Dent and Oswald Cobblepot haven't became their villainous counterparts yet. That said it means there's plenty of buddy-buddying to do with them but there's always the thought "Man I feel bad because I know how THIS relationship is going to end up."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Earthbound, I made it to the desert so far.

Gardevoir lover

Tales of Symphonia.

Made it to Palmacosta and lots of things happened, seeing a town filled with people willing to rebel against tyrannical overlords is a nice change of pace.

So... Do we ever get to fight the Collette imposter? Because i want to.

Anyway i spend about 30 minutes playing the diner dash minigame in the school cafeteria, then on the way to the mountain i amased over 1200 gald on the way there, i keep bumping into the ninja girl, i find her dialogue amusing.

I want to fight Magnius, his design reminds me of that one guy from Pokemon Colloseum with the Entei.
Spoiler:
Seeing the Governor actually working for desians was something i kind of saw coming, don't know why just seemed like it made sense at the time, So the desians killed a little girl and her father and cursed the mother to live as a sentient cucumber, if that's not motivation to beat the living tar out of the desians i don't know what it.

Also spent about an hour of play time grinding, at this point i'm pretty sure Lloyd can beat up at god if he wanted to.

Last edited by Klonoahedgehog on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Page 248 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251 ... 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station