Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 4 of 4[ 136 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Re: Dragon Quest generalTopic%20Title

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Oh. Well I'm purposely leveling up to 99 in other classes on purpose so I can reallocate back to level 1 so I get better chances of getting better grotto maps. It's really the only reason since I saw on GameFAQs that reallocating back to level 1 increases your chances immensely of getting better grottoes.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Oh, it does. Before I started revocating, the best maps I could get were in the early 80's. After revocating as a martial artist twice, I got a level 97 map with a ton of chests, gem slimes, and platinum king jewels on the last two floors.

So yeah. I'd suggest using a martial artist if you want to revocate multiple times; it's one of the jobs that takes the least experience to level and has enough agility to outrace metals even at low levels.

Mercury Prize helps, of course.

This week's DQVC has metal slime equipment on sale, so if anyone still needs some of that, now's a good time to grab it.

Oh, and today's quest gives Malroth's map as a reward.

Dragon Quest X:Awakening of the Five Tribes just got announced.

It is for the Wii AND the Wii U and online is a major component in this title compared to previous ones. Oh yeah, and Level-5 doesn't seem to be working with the Dragon Quest team on this, instead being developed internally.

My feelings on this = mixed
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

Call me Ishmael.

Sounds neat-o. I've been waiting for an announcement on that for years now.

EDIT: Apparently there's no offline mode. And you have to pay monthly to play online. Guess I know where my money won't be going...
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Im disappointed about DQX.

Sigh...an MMORPG. REALLY?! :zap:

Yeah we all saw what huge successes Final Fantasy XI and XIV were

gj SE

woooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

(ghost noises)

Dragon Quest II, III, IV, and VIII are currently 50% off on the Android app store

If you only get one, get IV since it has the party chat the English DS version stripped out for some dumb reason.

You know, I've been wondering for a while WHY this topic hasn't been around, especially with all the news as of late, thanks Fran!!!!

Real interesting that they brought back the party chat in IV though!!!

I'll add some news of my own here too.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/22/drag ... -to-steam/
Dragon Quest Heroes, which is available on the PS3 and PS4, will be coming to Steam December 3rd. So if you're interested in it and don't have a system to play it on, there's that.

Also, am I the only one hyped that we're actually getting a localization on DQ7 and DQ8 for the 3DS??? I've never played the former, so I'm anxious to try it out. And the latter is one of my favorite games of all time, and this version is going to be adding even more things exclusive to this version such as another party member and more backstory between the main hero and villain of the game.

Just curious, but is anyone else excited about this and what are your thoughts? I'm really hoping that because of this, Square will listen and hopefully get us DQ11 as well in the future.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

probably because it was buried under four years worth of other topics

All I can say on DQ7 is it's about damn time. I got it from a friend a while ago on PS1 but didn't feel like hooking that up again just to play it.

Not quite as excited for DQ8 since I already played the heck out of it but I'm sure I'll get it eventually anyway.

I'm not sure if the first three games are on the 3DS eShop or not but if they are it'd be neat to be able to play every game up to X on the same system.

1000% Knight

Okay let's finally get an answer to this. Which DQs are good and worth playing?

I've only played DQ9 and thought it was pretty meh.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

From what I've played, 4, 5, and 8 are good, with 8 being my absolute favorite. It's definitely in my top 10 when it comes to games overall.

And yeah, I agree with your opinion of 9. It was meh. Especially coming off of 8, it felt like a big step back to me.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

I haven't played much of it but 3 is supposed to be decent too.

9 is probably about as different as it gets compared to the rest of the series (besides 10 which is an actual MMO whereas 9 tried to be a pseudo-MMO) so it's not the best representation.

Yeah. I kinda hate that a lot people got turned off from the series because their first introduction to it was 9. The only thing I liked about it was all the references and stuff to previous games. But overall it was meh. Heck, the difficulty through the main story was easy, whereas in most of the games in the series, the difficulty ranges a lot more on the hard side.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Wow this thread needs a bump.

Anyway, Dragon Quest 8 for the 3DS has a set release date now. January 20th, 2017 for both the U.S. and Europe. I'm really excited, not only is this game my favorite in the series, but easily in my top 5 games. Can't wait!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOTEdvcjwm0
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

DetectiveTohru

Not too long anymore for the hopeful release of atleast the japanese version of DQXI. I've been playing DQ7 (Fragments of the Forgotten Past) remake on 3DS and it's very good for what it is (a classic RPG) and it gives some nice challenge with the bosses, the only major flaw of the game is that it's overly episodic+monotonous at the same time (longest DQ game and the original is considered one of the worst, but the remake definitely makes it worth to play as it has a nice cast).
DQ5 (Hand of the Heavenly Bride) remake would be super amazing though. They should do these remakes more often. And yeah DQIX is not good because it doesn't have a cast which really disappointed me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBQ2Eqvyxrc
Anyway if the story of XI is going to be as powerful as in VIII (The Journey of the Cursed King) then that's going to be the game of the year for me easily.
Page 4 of 4 [ 136 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station