Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 9 of 13[ 502 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title

In Justice We Trust

Actually, Lissa, Maribelle, Olivia, Say'ri, Emmeryn, and all have access to the Dark Flier class (and through it, Galeforce).

As a side-note, I really don't see why you spend so much time grinding this early in the game.
I'll always love you, Max.

The Chocolateholic of CR

General Luigi wrote:
Actually, Lissa, Maribelle, Olivia, Say'ri, Emmeryn, and all have access to the Dark Flier class (and through it, Galeforce).

As a side-note, I really don't see why you spend so much time grinding this early in the game.

Technically I grind RIGHT before Lucina joins the party.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

In Justice We Trust

With Lucina, I can understand, although getting Sumia access to Galeforce shouldn't require much in the way of grinding. Just level her up normally, promote her to Dark Flier at Level 10, get her up to Level 15, and there you go. With the others, you can take your time; the second-generation characters don't have their skills set in stone until you've started their respective recruitment missions.

The Chocolateholic of CR

General Luigi wrote:
With Lucina, I can understand, although getting Sumia access to Galeforce shouldn't require much in the way of grinding. Just level her up normally, promote her to Dark Flier at Level 10, get her up to Level 15, and there you go. With the others, you can take your time; the second-generation characters don't have their skills set in stone until you've started their respective recruitment missions.

I got Sumina to Dark Flier as soon as Anna had a Second Seal to sell and luckily.... Anna came before The Arena Ferox. And she hada Master Seal as well so I bought those two. And then got her to leveling up. At the EXP DLC. And some reason Lucina(as marth) didnt put up much of a fight. Everytime her HP was done she would use restore her HP.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.

Ultimate Troll

Emmeryn + Galeforce = :edgey:
Welcome.... to the velvet room...

ImageImage

Our friends in Paradiso are far too quiet...

The Chocolateholic of CR

Hmmmm trying to think of what my netx guy should be..... Magic user or Attack user or Both.

The Chocolateholic of CR

I saw this while looknig at Fire Emblem pictures. And I thought to myself. I might try this out.

Spoiler: Marriage Couples

Now it says FemaleMU and Virion but since I go MaleMU I am deciding if I should go for one of the daughters or go after one of the other girls in the game that don't give a sibling to Morgan.

Cause of death is being dummy

Almost everyone who can get/inherit it has Galeforce in my playthrough since I kept turning everyone into Dark Fliers. I got a little sick of pegasi after a while...

Personally I like to play as female!Robin and marry her to Ricken so that Morgan will be a magical tank.

Also, I feel like this is relevant (quoted from a different thread):
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
While we're talking about alternate timelines, I'd just like to point out that Virion from Fire Emblem: Awakening is clearly bizarro Edgeworth.
Spoiler: Proof
> similar hair color (Virion's hair looks a lot more gray in-game)
> same eye color
> same hair style, just Virion's is longer
> inexplicable accents (why does Edgeworth have a British accent, anyway? And Virion has a French accent despite the fact that France doesn't exactly... exist in the FE universe.)
> cravats
> really smart. Like, really freaking smart.
> rich
But their personalities are polar opposites. For instance, Virion is flirty where Edgeworth is... Edgeworth.

(Sorry if someone's already pointed this out, this is my first post in this thread and I've only skimmed the preceeding ones. Is that bad eddiquet? Also, how do you spell that word?)

Gettin' Old!

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
Almost everyone who can get/inherit it has Galeforce in my playthrough since I kept turning everyone into Dark Fliers. I got a little sick of pegasi after a while...

Personally I like to play as female!Robin and marry her to Ricken so that Morgan will be a magical tank.

Also, I feel like this is relevant (quoted from a different thread):
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
While we're talking about alternate timelines, I'd just like to point out that Virion from Fire Emblem: Awakening is clearly bizarro Edgeworth.
Spoiler: Proof
> similar hair color (Virion's hair looks a lot more gray in-game)
> same eye color
> same hair style, just Virion's is longer
> inexplicable accents (why does Edgeworth have a British accent, anyway? And Virion has a French accent despite the fact that France doesn't exactly... exist in the FE universe.)
> cravats
> really smart. Like, really freaking smart.
> rich
But their personalities are polar opposites. For instance, Virion is flirty where Edgeworth is... Edgeworth.

(Sorry if someone's already pointed this out, this is my first post in this thread and I've only skimmed the preceeding ones. Is that bad eddiquet? Also, how do you spell that word?)

Etiquette I believe is the spelling.

Also yeah Dark Fliers are really powerful. I kinda hope for the next one they take Galeforce out because it turned the game into kind of a large breeding metagame about maximising this one skill for a fair few folks. It's just absurdly powerful.

Also while I'm griping, because I was talking it with my friends today, I hope they limit some of the romances a bit to only ones that make sense. Having most anyone pair with...most anyone leaves for a lot of...unsatisfying romances I found.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Cause of death is being dummy

Pierre wrote:
Etiquette I believe is the spelling.

Also yeah Dark Fliers are really powerful. I kinda hope for the next one they take Galeforce out because it turned the game into kind of a large breeding metagame about maximising this one skill for a fair few folks. It's just absurdly powerful.

Also while I'm griping, because I was talking it with my friends today, I hope they limit some of the romances a bit to only ones that make sense. Having most anyone pair with...most anyone leaves for a lot of...unsatisfying romances I found.

Ah, thank you.

Yeah, while I like it usually, I do admit that I don't really like some of the pairings... like the after-game possible ending text thingy about Frederick/Cordelia is kinda depressing.
Quote:
As Ylisse's new knight captain, Frederick took charge of keeping the peace and training new recruits with his wife. Teaching was hard for Cordelia, however, as she was forced to neglect her own gifts.

I-I paired up Frederick and Cordelia... :larry:

(Also my brother railroaded me into marrying off Henry and Olivia because he really liked that pairing, but now I wish I hadn't. I hate Olivia but Henry is probably my absolute favorite. At least Henry is so OP that I don't really need Olivia's stat boosts for him...)

The Chocolateholic of CR

Everybody is married except for Poor poor Cynthia. Forever Alone. And before I continue onto the next step which is the final battle of Walhart I am gonna take time to get a ton of gold, and get everybody's support to level A. And I may go after the others once Grima battle is available.... Soooo..... Yeah..... and I am currently at..... 36:47:50 into my 3rd file of where MU is married to the lovely busty Tiki.... :bellboy:

元・超会社員級の管理人

So a follow-up to Awakening (in style and mechanics, if not plot) was announced today: Fire Emblem if (that's the Japanese title).

It's out this summer in Japan - here's hoping for a quicker localization than Awakening. That said, Awakening had a ton of text and the company that translated it, 8-4, has gone on the record as saying it was a hell of a job, so I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Gettin' Old!

Bolt Storm wrote:
So a follow-up to Awakening (in style and mechanics, if not plot) was announced today: Fire Emblem if (that's the Japanese title).

It's out this summer in Japan - here's hoping for a quicker localization than Awakening. That said, Awakening had a ton of text and the company that translated it, 8-4, has gone on the record as saying it was a hell of a job, so I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait.

Yeah but 8-4 were also saying they felt they did a good job on the romances to make them not feel forced. *badumdumpish*

Still yeah it's exciting to know they have another one in the works, the transitions to battles look way smoother now. The thing is, after Awakening was such a hit, I wonder whether they'll implement 'breeding' mechanics in it once more. Awakening pulled it off due to its unique plot but there'll be undoubtedly people for who it's now core to Fire Emblem as a whole.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The King of All

After seeing Fire Emblem If getting confirmed, it really makes we wonder if the crossover with Shin Megami Tensei is still happening.
The king of all, Sir Duke

Gettin' Old!

Sir Duke wrote:
After seeing Fire Emblem If getting confirmed, it really makes we wonder if the crossover with Shin Megami Tensei is still happening.

Why would it prevent that? Pretty sure SMTxFire Emblem is a Wii U venture, can't see why IF would interfere.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The King of All

Pierre wrote:
Sir Duke wrote:

Why would it prevent that? Pretty sure SMTxFire Emblem is a Wii U venture, can't see why IF would interfere.

Between IF and Code Name S.T.E.A.M. it seems like Intelligent Studios has a lot on their plate.
Also, this month marks the 2 year anniversary of the game's announcement and we've still heard next to nothing about the game.
The king of all, Sir Duke

Gettin' Old!

Sir Duke wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Sir Duke wrote:

Between IF and Code Name S.T.E.A.M. it seems like Intelligent Studios has a lot on their plate.
Also, this month marks the 2 year anniversary of the game's announcement and we've still heard next to nothing about the game.

Eh sometimes games take time, not heard a cancellation so I assume it's still going. Plus Atlus will be lending an arm in it as well.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Chocolateholic of CR

*cleans the dust off this topic*

:cough: Dusty.

With new info of the new Fire Emblem I will destroy the sides and become a force that will be reckoned with an Iron Fist.

IS: so we herd u gais liek sum feet

well here

have blue-haired barefoot dancer girl, this other white-haired barefoot girl who looks strikingly similar to dancer girl, and both versions of new Avatar barefoot despite otherwise wearing a full suit of armor

now shut up

Gettin' Old!

Mmmm dem toes...

Also where's the info on SMT x Fire Emblem? I remember people going crazy about it at the last Nintendo Direct which I didn't get to see, so no articles or nothing about it?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I haven't really been keeping up with news on that, but there's some info on the wiki page that's supposed to be new I guess?

The Chocolateholic of CR

Oh it's for the Wii U...........

元・超会社員級の管理人

Knocking the dust off this thread to say: I'll be streaming the JP version of Fire Emblem Fates on Tuesday night, probably starting around 7 PM PDT, if anyone's interested. Will post a link in this topic when things start!

Update: It's over now! Archive is available here. Unfortunately Twitch doesn't record the chat, so - when you see big pauses that was me translating stuff. We wound up going with Hoshido, so next time I stream I'll continue from there. Also, you can see a translation of the support convo at the end here.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

The Enigma

Finished my second playthrough of Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War. Still can't get over how dark that game is.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

元・超会社員級の管理人

Oh hey! Fire Emblem Fates comes out in English next week, and... I still haven't finished the Japanese version!

So what happened was, after starting the game back in June, I got stuck on a certain chapter, life happened, and I put the game down until last month. Then I picked it up and started making real progress, and I'm a few chapters away from the end. So, impressions!

Note that I'm playing Conquest, on Hard/Classic.
  • The gameplay is really really really really really really good. This is just such a perfect polish on Awakening's systems, with much improved map variety to help it along.
  • Conquest on hard is hard. In a good way! Enemies will have the perfect skill loadouts to ruin your day if you aren't paying attention. Example: in one recent chapter, the boss was in a small room accompanied by an archer and two paired-up lancers. Your natural instinct might be to have someone go in, hug the wall, and draw the lancers towards them. But the lancers have a skill that lets them swap places with their enemy after a battle - meaning they'd attack you, then drop you right in front of the boss. Oh, and the archer? He had counter, just to keep things interesting.
  • Also, Conquest doesn't let you grind at all. So there's that.
  • The story, on the other hand, is basically this. Seriously, it's really dumb.
  • The characters are all over the map. Some are pretty decent, some are one-note, some are eye-rolling, and one was so bad that Nintendo had to change one of her support convos in the English version.
  • Following up on that last point, the Japanese version had some honestly kinda skeevy stuff in it. Again, it sounds like Nintendo's toning it down for the localization - which is probably for the best.
  • The marriage/kids system returns! The biggest change this time is that the parents have much less influence on the kids' stats - instead, the kids automatically scale their level depending on where you are in the campaign. This is nice because it ensures the kids will be at a pace with your army when you recruit them - also, the enemies in their sidequests scale as well, so you don't get ridiculously easy/hard maps. That said, I haven't really used them on Nohr, since their support options are so limited if you haven't recruited a bunch of them.
  • The rationale for the kids is pretty dumb, though. Also, if you take the one (1) male gay option, you lose two kids (and their associated sidequests), and if you take the one (1) female gay option, you lose one kid. So that's a bit of a kick in the teeth for players who wanted to pursue a non-straight romance.
  • I don't know if I can entirely say "buying one version is a full game". Length-wise, there seems to be enough bang for your buck - I'm at 30 hours on my file, plus X hours spent on resets, and I've still got about five chapters to go. But the story is really clearly set up to encourage playing at least the two standard versions, and ideally the third (DLC/SE-only) route.

Overall, though? I really like it. The gameplay is just so fantastic that it makes up for the story being weak. I can't wait to hear folks' impressions once it releases in English next week. (I'm also debating if I'll play Birthright once I finish Conquest, or just skip to the third route...)

If you've got any questions, lemme know!

Wooster wrote:

ASCEND

Why are your children old enough to fight? Or is that explained with a story element that's a huge spoiler?
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

In Justice We Trust

Planetbox wrote:
Why are your children old enough to fight? Or is that explained with a story element that's a huge spoiler?

I don't know if it's a spoiler, but I have read about the in-game explanation elsewhere, and I agree with Bolt's take on it. Awakening was able to make the children mechanic make sense as far as the plot is concerned. Fates, on the other hand, clearly put the cart before the horse here. With luck, the North American version will have picked up the ball where the Japanese version dropped it. I'm not getting my hopes up, though. I'm expecting Fates to be better than Awakening when it comes to gameplay, but worse when it comes to the plot.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Yeah, the rationale for the kids is - and this isn't really even a spoiler because it has literally 0 bearing on the rest of the plot:

Spoiler: Fates
The kids are placed in an alternate dimension where they live peacefully, but time passes at a different rate there. So they're old enough to fight within [whatever period of time you interpret Fates' campaign to take place over.] The kids' designs do skew younger than in Awakening, though.

It's very much a "we want to have the kids mechanic but don't have a story justification" rationale.

Wooster wrote:

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Bolt Storm wrote:
Yeah, the rationale for the kids is - and this isn't really even a spoiler because it has literally 0 bearing on the rest of the plot:

The kids are placed in an alternate dimension where they live peacefully, but time passes at a different rate there. So they're old enough to fight within [whatever period of time you interpret Fates' campaign to take place over.] The kids' designs do skew younger than in Awakening, though.

It's very much a "we want to have the kids mechanic but don't have a story justification" rationale.

I will say, one thing that I did think was neat with the way Awakening's story went, even though it wasn't the greatest story, I like how it justified how every single playthrough was considered canon.

Honestly from your description Bolt, sounds like it would have been better if they even shoehorned alternate timelines back into the story for Fates again. Heck, at this point, sounds better to just say they got thrown in the hyperbolic time chamber from Dragon Ball.

I get that the whole child mechanic is an interesting concept and I liked it in Awakening, but I'm not a fan of where gameplay mechanics are put in, just to be put in, and the story has to suffer in the process.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

元・超会社員級の管理人

dullahan1 wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

I will say, one thing that I did think was neat with the way Awakening's story went, even though it wasn't the greatest story, I like how it justified how every single playthrough was considered canon.

Honestly from your description Bolt, sounds like it would have been better if they even shoehorned alternate timelines back into the story for Fates again. Heck, at this point, sounds better to just say they got thrown in the hyperbolic time chamber from Dragon Ball.

I get that the whole child mechanic is an interesting concept and I liked it in Awakening, but I'm not a fan of where gameplay mechanics are put in, just to be put in, and the story has to suffer in the process.

To be fair, the particular rationale they use doesn't come 100% out of nowhere - the general idea of what they do for the kids is also why your army basically has a castle anywhere they go.

But yeah, it's still pretty silly.

Wooster wrote:

ASCEND

I have another question. Does the game have a bunch of choices that lead to alternate endings? Or is the one based on which game you buy the only one? I was never clear on that.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

元・超会社員級の管理人

The version you buy (or if you have multiple routes, what you pick at the decision chapter) is the only major choice. There are occasionally smaller ones (like whether or not to spare a character), and one character can die permanently outside of battle if you don't have a high support with them, but overall the game is pretty linear besides the decision point.

Wooster wrote:

Gettin' Old!

To clarify, I heard there were 3 different versions of the game.

Does it work like pokemon where the third version is an amalgamation of both and has more?

Just when you mentioned that a version has "Multiple routes" I'd be super interested in that version
Made by Chesu+Zombee

元・超会社員級の管理人

So there are three versions:

• Birthright: This is the version most like Awakening. Story-wise, you side with Hoshido (Corrin's birth family) and repel Nohr. You can freely grind your characters, most maps have a "defeat all enemies" objective, and overall difficulty is lower.
  • Conquest: This is the version closer to older Fire Emblems. Story-wise, you side with Nohr (Corrin's adoptive family) and invade Hoshido. You cannot grind for EXP or money - you're limited to the story chapters and any sidequests you unlock by having kids, and even DLC doesn't give EXP (except the EXP-focused DLC.) Overall difficulty is much higher than Birthright, and maps are more complex with varied objectives.
  • Revelation: This is a version in the middle. Story-wise, you refuse to side with either nation and Corrin and Azura strike out on their own to find a way to stop the war. Eventually, you can recruit almost every character from the other two versions. Gameplay-wise, you can grind like in Birthright, but the maps are a little more complex (puzzle-like in some cases), and the difficulty is somewhere in the middle.

So each campaign is actually very different - only about ten characters (+ their kids) are recruitable on all routes, and while some maps are shared, not nearly all of them, and they have differences even when they are.

Now, in terms of how you buy these - that's a little messier. If you wanted all three on one cartridge, you needed to get the limited edition, which is sold out basically everywhere. So instead what you'll probably do is buy either Birthright or Conquest as your "base" version. That's $40. After that, you can purchase either or both of the remaining routes as DLC for $20 each. (Note: Revelation can't be purchased on its own, and Nintendo even recommends playing both other versions first. True to its name, it basically solves all the mysteries from the standard 2 routes.)

If you only have one version of the game, then at the branching point the game just progresses. But if you have more than one, you're able to choose your campaign freely at that point.

Wooster wrote:

Gettin' Old!

Ugh it just reminds me that this game's sales strategy is dirt. The differences between them also strike me as interesting. I've always though allowing Grind time was a pretty good thing (I'm terrified of being stuck in a game unable to progress because of difficulty/poor choices).

But thanks for clearing that up, didn't know about those other gameplay differences, assumed it was just one story or another.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

Bolt Storm wrote:
The version you buy (or if you have multiple routes, what you pick at the decision chapter) is the only major choice. There are occasionally smaller ones (like whether or not to spare a character), and one character can die permanently outside of battle if you don't have a high support with them, but overall the game is pretty linear besides the decision point.

Do you mind saying which character can permanently die? In a spoilerbox or something? I'd rather not have to save and reload a lot to make sure a character I like doesn't kick the bucket outside of battle.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Planetbox wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

Do you mind saying which character can permanently die? In a spoilerbox or something? I'd rather not have to save and reload a lot to make sure a character I like doesn't kick the bucket outside of battle.

Sure.

Spoiler: Birthright
Kaze will die at the start of chapter 15 if Corrin doesn't have at least an A support with him.

Wooster wrote:

ASCEND

Bolt Storm wrote:
Planetbox wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

Sure.

Spoiler: Birthright
Kaze will die at the start of chapter 15 if Corrin doesn't have at least an A support with him.

Alright, thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

I am the swordsman of justice!

I'm so pumped for Fates! As of this post its 7 (at least I think it is) days until it comes out in the states! I'm a huge FE fan and it's probably my 2nd favorite video game franchise ever (number 1 is ace attorney duh.) But I honestly don't know what version to chose. I want a physical copy of the game because I'm a weird with the fact that I love having the game box and a the game itself to display so I was thinking of buying one of the versions first and then buying the other after I finish the first as a digital download for a reduced price as the website says ( or I could throw 80 bucks away for both physical copies :nick-sweat: or go the just buy a digital copy I guess. :think-pw:) my main point is making the big choice in the store or on your system but without a actual copy. Any thoughts?
I was trying to think of a question while I was objecting, I didn't
- Edgeworth

Are bows any better than they were in Awakening?

Because man, were bows ever terrible in Awakening
Page 9 of 13 [ 502 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station