Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 9 of 18[ 700 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next

Re: The Final Fantasy franchiseTopic%20Title

The Chocolateholic of CR

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
Atleast Edge digs it. :P

And exactly why I should care about that weak pompous ass of a self-loving, annoying little jerkface? :ron: My husband described Edge as "like Edgar from VI"... except with the giant difference that Edgar was actually funny and likeable where as Edge is...................... not.

C-A

Edge is a Ninja Edgar is a Machinist Both are Kings. But the difference is I do believe Edgar was quiet the flirt while Edge was not.

And I think Palom is in a love triangle. Luca and Leonora loves him I think o.o
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
Ragnarok's powers. Everything up to that moment pointed to Ragnarok only being capable of destruction. But what's this? Ragnarok has extreme crystallization powers that can stop a planet from falling without making it completely uninhabitable? At no point did the party discuss this kind of thing. Maybe Fang and Vanille knew that, but the rest of them didn't.

Look at the goddamn Ending AND Vision they have during the game. They are IDENTICAL. No, Ragnarok crystallizing Cocoon was NOT out of nowhere, it was part of the vision, it was their FOCUS to do that. God, did nobody pay any fucking attention to that thing?

Earlier, I wrote:
1. I don't recall there ever being any foreshadowing that Ragnarok was anything but destruction and 2. the vision is so vague and unclear, it's still looks like Ragnarok destroying Cocoon. How was anyone supposed to deduce that the vision was about putting a falling Cocoon into crystal stasis?

If there was some discussion about Ragnarok's powers or some lore in the datalogs, that would have been proper foreshadowing.
Quote:
Quote:
That's exactly what the villain told them to do. And once the cavalry was turned into Cie'ths, there was nothing stopping the party from saying "f this, let's just not kill Orphan". I would mention that they thought Barthandelus can just make another l'Cie to do the job, but if he could, he would have already used Jihl to kill Orphan before the game started.

He could do that and would have done that. But this is a videogame, of course OUR party is gonna do stuff, it can't be that towards the end of the game, our party says "Fuck this" and leaves and then, BOOM, new party of people with the same focus who do the stuff.

So, because the plot said so. Eh, fine. I mean it's not like you haven't used that as a criticism before. YES YOU HAVE.
Quote:
And I think Palom is in a love triangle. Luca and Leonora loves him I think

Well that's just a reason not to play The After Years.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
He could do that and would have done that. But this is a videogame, of course OUR party is gonna do stuff, it can't be that towards the end of the game, our party says "Fuck this" and leaves and then, BOOM, new party of people with the same focus who do the stuff.

Have you considered this Cat?

When a game is forced to resort to the excuse "It's a videogame, of course the protagonist has to be involved" as a reason for them doing stuff that it might actually be a failure of the narrative?

It's not an excuse in my eyes, it's the SIGN that the writers have failed to do it in any kind of reasonable way. If they can't actively justify the party's actions to the point players are saying "Well it's a game they have to be" as a reason that it's actually a bad thing?

Rather than using it as an excuse it just seems like an admission that yeah the plot screwed up.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Well look at it from the other side: what the hell kind of game would that be if it suddenly switched protagonists out in the final stretch of the game? Where's the sense of accomplishment if things are done by some other characters I never even got to know, compared to the previous ones I've been "accompanying" from the beginning?

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Well look at it from the other side: what the hell kind of game would that be if it suddenly switched protagonists out in the final stretch of the game? Where's the sense of accomplishment if things are done by some other characters I never even got to know, compared to the previous ones I've been "accompanying" from the beginning?

C-A

No no I get that, that's a bad idea and it would have been worse if they'd done that. What I'm saying is the fact they've painted themselves into a corner where THAT is being presented as the only alternative to "Not explaining anything", is a sign that they've failed in itself.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The Chocolateholic of CR

Spoiler: Enjoy! :gymshoe:

Enough said. :3
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.

You know, for FF IV, part of the great-for-then development and characters just didn't fit with me at all. Whether I played it or later, when I read about it or thought the game over. Then I encountered this on the Informed Ability TVTrope about Cecil.

Cecil, the main character, is described as a Dark Knight who later goes on a mission of atonement to repent for his "blood-drenched past". However, from the very first time you play him, he comes across as considerate, merciful, optimistic, naive, etc. It's not exactly a believable Heel/Face turn when you start out as a Face to begin with.

Exactly this is a huge problem. I would love to think Cecil is actually trying to change and atone for his past and all his terrible deeds he had done with no remorse... if he had actually shown no remorse. But he doesn't. From the get go, he immediately starts thinking, "I was ordered to do this... but they didn't defend themselves*... what was the King thinking? Was he... maybe wrong?"

* And then there is a hint that supposedly some of the magicians did defend themselves and not all of them were slaughtered since there are some in the cells of Barona Castle and still living in Misidia

So yeah, for an oh-so-tortured-and-evil-past guy, Cecil sure seems on the side of justice from Day 1.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
You know, for FF IV, part of the great-for-then development and characters just didn't fit with me at all. Whether I played it or later, when I read about it or thought the game over. Then I encountered this on the Informed Ability TVTrope about Cecil.

Cecil, the main character, is described as a Dark Knight who later goes on a mission of atonement to repent for his "blood-drenched past". However, from the very first time you play him, he comes across as considerate, merciful, optimistic, naive, etc. It's not exactly a believable Heel/Face turn when you start out as a Face to begin with.

Exactly this is a huge problem. I would love to think Cecil is actually trying to change and atone for his past and all his terrible deeds he had done with no remorse... if he had actually shown no remorse. But he doesn't. From the get go, he immediately starts thinking, "I was ordered to do this... but they didn't defend themselves*... what was the King thinking? Was he... maybe wrong?"

* And then there is a hint that supposedly some of the magicians did defend themselves and not all of them were slaughtered since there are some in the cells of Barona Castle and still living in Misidia

So yeah, for an oh-so-tortured-and-evil-past guy, Cecil sure seems on the side of justice from Day 1.

C-A

Um, I thought Cecil's character was about learning not to blindly follow orders simply because he's paid to do it.
Also from TvTropes:
Quote:
Cecil is a Dark Knight of the Baron Empire, torn between his loyalty to his kingdom and feelings against having to commit atrocities against several nations. Eventually, he decides he's had enough and defects from Baron to try and stop them and later Golbez from gathering the Crystals.

And while I'm here, I'd like to express my current thoughts on FFXII.
Spoiler:
I DON'T WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME ANYMORE! :larry:
I finished the Pharos. Decent climax boss, but the dungeon before it was a pain in the ass. Ambushes... everywhere... and Reddas kept attacking the wrong enemy and getting himself killed... it was easier to let him stay dead. How much longer is this game?

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

The Chocolateholic of CR

I might had said this before but I don't remember and too lazy to search for it. But I honestly believe they should had continued the FF7 series after Genesis was reawakened from his "stasis". But that won't ever happen. I mean FF4 FF5 FF7 and FF13 are the only games that had continuation in their own respective series. FF5 had anime while 4 ad 13 had games BUT FF7 had both games and movie.

Anthony wrote:
I might had said this before but I don't remember and too lazy to search for it. But I honestly believe they should had continued the FF7 series after Genesis was reawakened from his "stasis". But that won't ever happen. I mean FF4 FF5 FF7 and FF13 are the only games that had continuation in their own respective series. FF5 had anime while 4 ad 13 had games BUT FF7 had both games and movie.

V had an anime?

Also, NO! NO! Don't EVER bring Genesis back! (What stasis? At the end of DoC?) He's an annoying asshole of a person, he sucks as a villain and, really, if you fail that which is your role, you goddamn do not deserve being resurrected from the Goddess Minerva. Especially not for constantly quoting a terrible poem that means shit.

C-A

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Anthony wrote:

FF10 did as well, but... no one wants to remember that.

As for FFIV, I agree with an above poster about Cecil. It's not that he's necessarily overcoming an evil nature. It's more so he's learning not to blindly follow orders and learns throughout the game that he needs to carve his own path. I never got the sense of overcoming evil and coming to the side of justice. If that described anyone in the game in the slightest, it'd be Kain and Golbez.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Racing through the sky like a Missile

CatMuto wrote:
Anthony wrote:

V had an anime?

Also, NO! NO! Don't EVER bring Genesis back! (What stasis? At the end of DoC?) He's an annoying asshole of a person, he sucks as a villain and, really, if you fail that which is your role, you goddamn do not deserve being resurrected from the Goddess Minerva. Especially not for constantly quoting a terrible poem that means shit.

C-A

There was an FF-based anime, but it wasn't about V.

And don't you mean Gackt? :P

Also, this is coming from a hardcore FF7 fan: the FF7 franchise is too bloated. Sure, a remake would be very well received, but not practical; not to mention that Square has time and again rejected working on that remake.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The Chocolateholic of CR

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
V had an anime?

C-A

There was an FF-based anime, but it wasn't about V.

And don't you mean Gackt? :P

Also, this is coming from a hardcore FF7 fan: the FF7 franchise is too bloated. Sure, a remake would be very well received, but not practical; not to mention that Square has time and again rejected working on that remake.

Um dude there was anime of V. Even though it was only four episodes OVA.

Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals. The series is set 200 years after the events of Final Fantasy V and follows Linaly, a descendant of Bartz Klauser, and her friend Prettz.

Cat..... Genesis was brought to Deepground and the two SOLDIER members, Weiss and Nero, attempted to persuade him to join in their rebellion against the Restrictors, current leaders of Deepground. Genesis declined and sealed himself in a flooded cavern beneath Midgar awaiting the day he would be needed to protect the world in Sephiroth and Angeal's stead.

Yeah, don't care. Genesis was a terrible creation and only shoved into Crisis Core because someone was a BIT too eager of a Gackt Fan. (Nothing against Gackt, he's an awesome singer and all) But as I repeatedly say, I love Crisis Core for some of its characters like Zack, Aerith, Cloud and maybe Sephiroth. But the story and other parts don't work as a sequel to VII as it doesn't really connect to it - the only parts that connect are Nibleheim and the Ending.

As for a VII remake, No, it shouldn't happen. For one, it was said they'd need the money for it, the workers for it AND the enthusiasm for it and stick with it. You can get some of that, but getting all three could be pretty tough. And for another, if there was a remake, there'd be two camps...

One camp saying the remake is just what they wanted.

The other camp saying it's crap because "VII didn't NEED a remake, it was perfect from the start". (Ignoring the fact that not everyone is A-Okay with the then-graphics. I know I can't, my eyes hurt and turn into "blocko mode" if I look at it for too long. Also that the controls are outdated.)

And I'm pretty sure that part of the camp that says that VII didn't need a remake were some of the loudest in saying they wanted one to begin with.

C-A

Apollon Flame

With how focused SE is in restructuring themselves, Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III, I doubt we'll get a FFVII remake. Ever. They just don't need the manpower for it, but the ORIGINAL manpower for it, as in, the people that once worked in FF7, but are either retired, freelance or have their own studio.
A King

in name

alone...

The Chocolateholic of CR

But Cat Nobody knew the story of Zack. We only saw parts of Zack in FF7.

And besides Geness played a huge part in all of Crisis Core. He was the main villian.

Although he was only trying to obtain the gift of the goddess.

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
Anthony wrote:

FF10 did as well, but... no one wants to remember that.

Hey now, X-2 had some good things. There's good to find in everything.

Also Anthony best let it go, you made an argument about why Genesis made sense and Cat brushed it off by saying "Don't Care, I hate him" there's not much you can do against that wall of unreasonableness.

To throw in my two cents I'd like them to do just one more FF7 game...if only because they teased that there should be another game with Genesis being resurrected and I appreciate people following through on their continuity.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Anthony wrote:
And besides Geness played a huge part in all of Crisis Core. He was the main villian.

He SUCKS as a villain. Is he a THREAT to anyone? No. He just quotes Bad Shakespeare Loveless over and over. Is he actually a danger? Far as we know, no. Nothing he does over the course of the game in any way really is so threatening that it would've done anything of big value... what is the gift of the goddess? The apples? Okay... well, what now? What was Genesis gonna do, now that he had the gift of the goddess in his hands? What was his plan? Nothing. Just quoting loveless and being a queer (not meant in a sexual, but strange-thinking way) guy who quotes a stupid poem again and again.
His clones were never even that big of a threat, either.

The story sections of CC just don't work. Does any of that have ANY connection to what happens in VII? No. As said, the only parts that really connect to VII are Nibleheim and the Ending. And even Nibleheim was tarnished by supposedly having Genesis there now.

Quote:
Hey now, X-2 had some good things. There's good to find in everything.

X-2 was enjoyable! Loved the dressphere/job system. I get bored easily, so changing abilities and/or clothes keeps me entertained. The story wasn't so great, but really, if it revolves solely around the fact that it started up because Yuna wanted to get her boyfriend back... and yeah, I wish they would've heavily toned down on the lesbian tease parts (you know the one moment I'm talking about), but it was still fun. Sure it wasn't as heavy or depressing as X, but hey, that's good. The people didn't have to be depressed over Space Whale coming back and killing them anymore.

C-A

The Chocolateholic of CR

CatMuto wrote:
X-2 was enjoyable! Loved the dressphere/job system. I get bored easily, so changing abilities and/or clothes keeps me entertained. The story wasn't so great, but really, if it revolves solely around the fact that it started up because Yuna wanted to get her boyfriend back... and yeah, I wish they would've heavily toned down on the lesbian tease parts (you know the one moment I'm talking about), but it was still fun. Sure it wasn't as heavy or depressing as X, but hey, that's good. The people didn't have to be depressed over Space Whale coming back and killing them anymore.

C-A

Lesbian scene? You mean the hot pool scene?

Gettin' Old!

Anthony wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Lesbian scene? You mean the hot pool scene?

Ugh she means the bloody massage scene.
Legitimately uncomfortable when that went on.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Chocolateholic of CR

Oh..... that scene..... eh, I think the hot pool scene was the lesbian scene because literally.... thats the only time you see them in bikinis. :bellboy:

Pierre wrote:
Ugh she means the bloody massage scene.
Legitimately uncomfortable when that went on.

Yeah. I mean, I have nothing against lesbians - I just don't like the sounds she makes. It could be a heterosexual massage and I'd still hate it. I always mute through that entire section...

Quote:
Oh..... that scene..... eh, I think the hot pool scene was the lesbian scene because literally.... thats the only time you see them in bikinis.

Uh, wearing a bikini don't make you a lesbian... just saying.

C-A

The Chocolateholic of CR

CatMuto wrote:

Quote:
Oh..... that scene..... eh, I think the hot pool scene was the lesbian scene because literally.... thats the only time you see them in bikinis.

C-A

So Rikku acting somewhat lesbian doesn't count?

Gettin' Old!

:damon:
Anthony wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Quote:

C-A

How did she 'act' lesbian?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Anthony wrote:

She didn't "act" lesbian. She was comparing her breast size to everyone else's. That's (apparently, cause so I'm told via multiple TV Shows, manga, anime and Movies) something completely normal for teens to do when among some of their own.

Plus, Rikku was always upbeat, teasy, if not flirty, and clingy and full of skinship with people.
That scene was not different from how Rikku acted in other parts of X-2 or X itself.

C-A

Y'know, I'd actually be up for a remake of FF7 myself. Not that it's the best game or anything of that sort, but I'd really like to see a much better official translation that the shoddy, horrible one that we got. Yeah, the story wasn't something amazing, but the terrible English translation that was brought to the PSOne just made the plot even more confusing than it already was.

If any PSOne Final Fantasy had the chance to be remade though, I'd instantly go with FF9, if only because I think it's one of the best in the series and it doesn't get the love it deserves.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Apollon Flame

dullahan1 wrote:
Y'know, I'd actually be up for a remake of FF7 myself. Not that it's the best game or anything of that sort, but I'd really like to see a much better official translation that the shoddy, horrible one that we got. Yeah, the story wasn't something amazing, but the terrible English translation that was brought to the PSOne just made the plot even more confusing than it already was.

If any PSOne Final Fantasy had the chance to be remade though, I'd instantly go with FF9, if only because I think it's one of the best in the series and it doesn't get the love it deserves.

I think one of the main gripes with Re: Final Fantasy VII would be an updated script; fans love the current script, hell, if a new script is released, they'll deem the original script a "relic".
A King

in name

alone...

The Chocolateholic of CR

CatMuto wrote:
Anthony wrote:

She didn't "act" lesbian. She was comparing her breast size to everyone else's. That's (apparently, cause so I'm told via multiple TV Shows, manga, anime and Movies) something completely normal for teens to do when among some of their own.

Plus, Rikku was always upbeat, teasy, if not flirty, and clingy and full of skinship with people.
That scene was not different from how Rikku acted in other parts of X-2 or X itself.

C-A

Wasn't there some thing about Rikku having to show some butt in the original FFX but the idea got canceled and was to wear pants for the young players?

Anthony wrote:
Wasn't there some thing about Rikku having to show some butt in the original FFX but the idea got canceled and was to wear pants for the young players?

You mean the scene where she strips off her watersuit and we get a shot of her ass for 2 seconds? Yeah, just FYI, her ass wasn't the only one that was the camera's focus during the game. (Several NPCs and party members had their butts in focus of the camera)

I don't know if she was intended to be naked when Rikku stripped the watersuit off, but I doubt it.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Anthony wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Anthony wrote:

C-A

How is her showing her butt 'acting lesbian'.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

aka Ami <3

To say nothing that actual lesbians aren't acting (though I don't exactly know what a fake one would look like, tbh), but yeah- while Rikku is many things, I don't think she even has a set sexuality in the games? She never really has a romance subplot, so it's all mostly speculation.

But I think the butt thing was tangential, and its own subject. Which... I never noticed it before? The game came out when I was around 13/14, but I didn't get it until it was a "greatest hit" at a lowered price, around 15, and I think I would've noticed it... probably something you only notice in freeze frames.

No. The scene when Rikku "properly" appears without her googles, the camera focuses on her (dressed) ass for a second or two. It's kind of hard to not notice. Also, while Rikku never outright admits things, it is sort of hinted at that something might have gone on between her and Gippal in X-2.

C-A

aka Ami <3

CatMuto wrote:
No. The scene when Rikku "properly" appears without her googles, the camera focuses on her (dressed) ass for a second or two. It's kind of hard to not notice. Also, while Rikku never outright admits things, it is sort of hinted at that something might have gone on between her and Gippal in X-2.

C-A

Given how I used to play that game really, really late at night, two seconds still might've been all it woulda took. And yeah, they sorta-kinda-imply a past relationship, but it's clear she wants nothing to do with him, so we're back to square one.

On another note, Bahamut scared the crap out of me when he replaces his words for Yuna's out of nowhere. It was really late at night, and then all of the sudden? I wasn't so sleepy anymore. X3

Scent wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

I think one of the main gripes with Re: Final Fantasy VII would be an updated script; fans love the current script, hell, if a new script is released, they'll deem the original script a "relic".

The thing is though, the original script is filled with so many typos and mistranslations. It's a very shoddy job. I honestly can't understand why fans would love the original script, if only for nostalgic reasons. Granted, some of the typos and mistranslations are hilarious to quote, but in the overall gist of things, it's not great. In fact, it took me a few playthroughs to come to understand that Sephiroth never killed Aeris, but Jenova disguised as Sephiroth because the translation was so bad. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if most fans of FFVII still think that it was Sephiroth's doing.

To put that scene into perspective, from my understanding, Jenova awakened to go find Sephiroth. She disguised herself as Sephiroth, hence everytime you saw him in the beginning of the game, you fought a piece of Jenova. You don't meet Sephiroth proper until the Northern Crater where he's asleep in a crystal. Jenova then wakes him up and he summons meteor. That's all he does. Given the English script is so bad though, it makes the plot that much harder to comprehend. I'm fine with original translations and such, but when they're done so horribly, an updated script is something that is MUCH needed. It's a reason why, as much as I love FF4, I abhor the SNES translation. It's terrible.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Apollon Flame

dullahan1 wrote:
Scent wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

The thing is though, the original script is filled with so many typos and mistranslations. It's a very shoddy job. I honestly can't understand why fans would love the original script, if only for nostalgic reasons. Granted, some of the typos and mistranslations are hilarious to quote, but in the overall gist of things, it's not great. In fact, it took me a few playthroughs to come to understand that Sephiroth never killed Aeris, but Jenova disguised as Sephiroth because the translation was so bad. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if most fans of FFVII still think that it was Sephiroth's doing.

To put that scene into perspective, from my understanding, Jenova awakened to go find Sephiroth. She disguised herself as Sephiroth, hence everytime you saw him in the beginning of the game, you fought a piece of Jenova. You don't meet Sephiroth proper until the Northern Crater where he's asleep in a crystal. Jenova then wakes him up and he summons meteor. That's all he does. Given the English script is so bad though, it makes the plot that much harder to comprehend. I'm fine with original translations and such, but when they're done so horribly, an updated script is something that is MUCH needed. It's a reason why, as much as I love FF4, I abhor the SNES translation. It's terrible.

lol I'm part of the gang that did not know that the "Sephiroth" you fight during the game is actually Jenova. That explains why you encounter her parts, as you said. That aside, I honestly thought that Sephiroth himself had killed Aerith, but not Jenova. Also, Sephiroth asleep somewhere inside the planet reminds me of Genesis Rhapsodos' slumber (which is obviously symbolic towards Sephiroth).
A King

in name

alone...

Like I said though, it's what I got from the game's plot after playing it multiple times and it does explain why you suddenly find Sephiroth asleep halfway through the game for no reason.

I think the only time you legitimately have encounters with Sephiroth is through Cloud's story and in the Northern Crater at the end of the game. Honestly though, I used to think that Sephiroth had killed Aeris as well. The closest thing I can think of, though I don't know if it's explained, is that Jenova was following Sephy's will, so in a sense, he kinda did kill Aeris, just through Jenova.

This is one of the reasons I'd like to see a better translation done though. I don't think the plot would really make any more sense, but it'd at least clear up a lot of things. As for a complete remake, I'd be up for it too. FF7 has not aged well at all, at least to me. The backgrounds are nice, but the character models are really lacking. I'm really glad they improved with 8 and especially 9.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
Like I said though, it's what I got from the game's plot after playing it multiple times and it does explain why you suddenly find Sephiroth asleep halfway through the game for no reason.

I think the only time you legitimately have encounters with Sephiroth is through Cloud's story and in the Northern Crater at the end of the game. Honestly though, I used to think that Sephiroth had killed Aeris as well. The closest thing I can think of, though I don't know if it's explained, is that Jenova was following Sephy's will, so in a sense, he kinda did kill Aeris, just through Jenova.

This is one of the reasons I'd like to see a better translation done though. I don't think the plot would really make any more sense, but it'd at least clear up a lot of things. As for a complete remake, I'd be up for it too. FF7 has not aged well at all, at least to me. The backgrounds are nice, but the character models are really lacking. I'm really glad they improved with 8 and especially 9.

So was it Sephiroth or Jenova who had control over the clones? The ones who kept tossing themselves off cliffs.

I sort of thought Sephiroth himself was 'technically' a clone as it just means one who has Jenova Cells infected. It's difficult to determine who was playing who, did Sephiroth control Jenova to his will or was Jenova using Sephiroth somehow?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I've only played about a third of FF9, so I can't say much about it. However, I just couldn't get into the game as much because the battle system is too reminiscent of FF6's Magicite leveling. I spent hours on FF6, so I had enough level grinding of that sort. Maybe I'll get back to it eventually.

I'm not interested in an FF7 remake, but if a miracle happens and they do make one, I'd hope for a more challenging game without any game-breaking bugs. The lack of magic defense in armors is shameful for an FF game, several boss battles are disappointing and buggy/ill-programmed in certain cases, and I hate the Speed Square coaster with a passion. I will miss the messy translations and voiceless dialogue, though they'll have to go.

I also never understood why people are so critical of the graphics. So what if they're shaped like legos? Granted, you have to wonder why Cloud's sword is visible for certain scenes but not anywhere else, as well as where they even store all that Materia...

And fyi, guys, Sephy was in control all the time, but his alien mom was the one leading everyone on a wild goose chase. In a way, you could say Jenova was letting him use her body parts all he likes, and it would lead to her benefit as well in the end.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Quote:
Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if most fans of FFVII still think that it was Sephiroth's doing.

No, actually, there are some idiots VII Fans out there who actually believe Game Theory's Spoof Video that Aerith didn't die by getting stabbed through the lower abdomen - because there's no blood and all - but that she drowned when Cloud put her into the water.

It's a spoofy video, but it pisses me off that people actually take it seriously. Who cares if there's no visible blood, I'd like to see someone else get stabbed through the lower abdomen (which means the intestines) and survive that without medical care long enough to drown. There's a shit ton of blood there because those are vital organs.

Quote:
The thing is though, the original script is filled with so many typos and mistranslations. It's a very shoddy job. I honestly can't understand why fans would love the original script, if only for nostalgic reasons.

Yes! Ignoring the nostalgic reason - I don't go for Nostalgia, anyway, and I didn't play this game at a nostalgic age - the script just looks terrible. The English version is already badly translated with the simplest of typos, or even grammatical mistakes "Attack when the tail is up............................................... and it'll counter with a laser!" Really, was it too difficult to add a "Don't" or "If you" at the beginning, to indicate there is a second half that might involve a consequence? Of course, the German translation was worse. Starts off German, then suddenly the rest of the text is untranslated English or even Japanese. Or repeats itself or repeats itself cause nobody proofread the fucking script.

Quote:
Granted, some of the typos and mistranslations are hilarious to quote

I dunno, I just don't see how the line "This guy are sick" is funny to the point of being quote-worthy. :ron:

Quote:
lol I'm part of the gang that did not know that the "Sephiroth" you fight during the game is actually Jenova.

Really? Hm. I thought it was at least hinted at, what with every time you see Sephy, you also encounter a piece of Jenova.

Quote:
I hate the Speed Square coaster with a passion.

That blasted thing... I only rode it in an attempt to get that Umbrella. I gave up after a few tries.

Quote:
I also never understood why people are so critical of the graphics. So what if they're shaped like legos?

I think it's more that they clash so horribly with the backgrounds. I would like to say I pay more attention to the backgrounds, so I can see why other people don't mind the graphics and tell me that the backgrounds are actually very pretty to look at... But I can't because I have these stupid, brightly colored blobs there. It's like if there's a neon-colored paint splatter on the Mona Lisa. Yeah, it's a great painting and all, very nicely done, but I can't focus on that because my eyes immediately travel to that paint splatter that looks so out of place.

And really, I know the graphics are terrible because whenever I played VII, I ended up with eyeaches. My eyes hurt trying to decipher what these characters were doing. And I just don't get it. They have decently enough proportioned, colored and looking in-battle sprites. Why do we need lego-crap to view outside, which is every scene?

We have FMV, which looks pretty decent. Then we have the crappy lego-crap graphics. And then we have the nice FMV background and item movements, but with the crappy lego people on it, which looks terrible. Why give us a shitty thing to look at if you practically show us with every FMV or battle that you can and do have the ability and technology to make decently looking characters.

And if anyone says artsy, well, my response is that artsy doesn't mean it won't look crap.

C-A

Apollon Flame

Another reason a Final Fantasy VII remake wouldn't be so accepted is because they would have to update the game with a lot of the plot points they have established throughout the development of the series, be it in its past or future.

By the way, I wonder if they're ever going to release Before Crisis for the 3DS.
A King

in name

alone...
Page 9 of 18 [ 700 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station