Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 4 of 32[ 1245 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 32  Next

Re: The Legend of Zelda seriesTopic%20Title

magician extraordinaire!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Oh man

Spoiler: Skyward Sword late-game
Has anyone here actually finished the Thunder Dragon's Silent Realm trial in under three minutes? Getting the Hylian Shield was a pain (HATE YOU Imprisoned 2 and Tentalus) but SR seems almost impossible; best I managed was like 3:47 in Faron Woods and that was running almost constantly :beef:

I know what you mean :redd: i had spent ages trying to get it, but in the end i managed to with the help of a friend that was just as determined as i was, even though it was my file :edgy:
The Wise Words of Miles Edgeworth ~
The guard is glaring at me. "If someone glares at you, it's only polite to return the favor," is what I was taught :edgy:

magician extraordinaire!

Wait..?
Spoiler:
Didn't you have to defeat the bosses again to get the Hylian Shield, not do the silent realm again? Cuz thats what I had to do to get the shield :eh?:

The Wise Words of Miles Edgeworth ~
The guard is glaring at me. "If someone glares at you, it's only polite to return the favor," is what I was taught :edgy:

Last edited by andie on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:
You get the Hylian Shield by beating nine bosses straight on the Thunder Dragon's trial.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Rumor about Majora's Mask 3DS as supposedly tweeted by NoA. If this really happens, I'll be quite pleased.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comme ... n-the-21st
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Oh. God. Yes.
Image Image

Oh my god, I can't believe I haven't posted here or fan-squeed about Skyward Sword yet!
I'm a big Zelda fan - my brother was the player, but he had Ocarina of Time and while I played it, I kinda never really finished it. I just kept using cheats to not have to do Jabu-Jabu's Belly and the adult dungeons... I was 7 when that game came out.
Lately, though, I've been playing the Gamecube port and going through it the way I should. My god, the controls are clunky! Why do people say this is the best 3D Zelda game? Yeah the graphics were revolutionary, in 97. They looked better than FF VII, that's for sure!
My favorite games are Skyward Sword (Wii) and Twilight Princess (GC) - tying on first place. Wind Waker is fun, although the majority of the game is just sailing onto useless islands.

But oh my god, I absolutely love Skyward Sword!! :ron-jazz:
The graphics are amazing, especially the way the environment is done - all blurry and Impressionistic until you get closer and it becomes more detailed. Okay, the colors are sometimes a bit bright, but it still has that charm. And it makes the Silent Realms all the more creepier.

The motion controls are really, really good. I don't notice if the alignment gets out of whack (unless during Boss Rush) because I am obsessively compulsive and keep opening the map to re-center the thing anyway. The swimming with motion controls is a bit weird, but it's still good. And I just recently got better at skydiving.

The story... well, I keep reading that the romance between Zelda and Link is a huge part of the game.
It isn't!! I'm not saying this as an anti-ZeldaxLink-shipper, but because it's the truth. The beginning of the game, yeah, totally has a huge hint that Zelda likes Link and he kinda has a thing for her, too. But after the first 40 minutes of the game, when Zelda gets kidnapped, it kinda disappears - the entire thing!
Plus I have my own take on that romance thing, which I explain later.
Otherwise, well... I have to say, as the origination game, it doesn't really explain thing.

The villain! Oh my god, the villain!!
Faaaaaaaaaaabulous!! :redd:
I absolutely LOVE Ghirahim - he's awesome, he's good-looking, he's polite, he's insane, he keeps switching around, he has an obsessive lust for Link and is such a threat all the time. Best villain ever.
What, Demise? Who? :lana:
Oh, the final boss? Yeah, boring. He appears at the end, you kill him and done. Considering all the stuff we hear about him and how dangerous and terrifying he is, he's kind of a let-down when he finally appears. And the fact that you actually fight him 3 times before the end? Boring, especially because that boss fight is really annoying!!

The dungeons are fun, the puzzles aren't too hard, the mini-games are entertaining, the sidequests... okay, the sidequests are kind of the same, but this is the first Zelda game where I can 100% everything and it isn't a chore or I actually want to do it. Although why import Heart Medals...?
Boss Rush is fun, I'm currently playing it on Hero Mode - I wanna do the entire thing, but I keep dying at the final or second-to-last fight. God, I wish the Imprisoned wasn't in that line-up. I hate that battle and replaying it dozens times is not fun.
And those little dialogue options you got at some points? They were kinda cute... although why give us those options at that one Important Exposition Scene? You know the one I mean! All 3 options are just ways of saying Yes. Why not just have Link nod there? Or give me an option that says "If I remember" or "No way!" just so I can actually think my option has SOME influence.

Now... I will openly say it.
I. Hate. This. Zelda. Incarnation. :chinami:
Spoiler: Why I hate this Zelda incarnation and think she is useless
Okay, for one... her design. Her hair is way too bright for my liking, her nose looks freaky and her ears are abnormally long. I know she has spikey ears and Link has long ears, too, but hers are just more prominent to me.
And she was designed to look cute.
All girls that are designed to look cute in videogames are f***ing annoying!! Rinoa from FF VIII - designed to be cute, but she's a helpless bimbo who has no brain and is a whore who switches boyfriends like earrings. Collet from Tales of Symphonia - hypocritical, self-sacrificing AIRHEAD!! Collet and Zelda are sharing #1 on my "OMG I HATE THIS CHARACTER SO MUCH" list. Shirley from Tales of Legendia - God, she looks like Collet but with more hair-bleach and her voice is so annoying...

My main problem with this Zelda: She is f***ing useless.
Okay, this broad is a reincarnation of a Goddess. Screw being a Mary Sue Princess, she has to go even higher and become a f***ing deity.
But I digress.
Okay, she emasculates Link in front of Groose. She's absolutely loved by everyone, which just makes her MORE of a Mary Sue, and this stupid bitch throws Link off cliffs to his death. And then throws herself off - WHY DID YOU SAVE HER, LINK!?
But I digress.
She gets kidnapped. That is totally okay. And then she gets kidnapped a second time, mere hours after she leaves for her adventure - this is shown in the game and actually revealed in the credit-segments. THEN she waits for Link and seals herself in a Crystal... because for some reason, Hylia HAD to reincarnate herself in a mortal form to seal Demise, although Hylia - being a goddess and powerful and immortal and all - apparently CAN'T seal Demise.... can somebody tell me if that makes sense to them?
Anyway, the bitch then seals herself and disappears off-screen for the other rest of the game - cause, you know, she was so PROMINENTLY on-screen all the other time. I think this is my favorite part of the game, where I know I don't have to chase that whore anymore - they should've labelled this game "Legend of Zelda: Catch up if you can!"
So AFTER Link does all her work and fulfills HER wish to destroy Demise - which, I dunno, is never told if that is also Link's wish, maybe he just wants a new pair of shoes - she wakes up... and gets kidnapped AGAIN. The third time!! Then her soul gets sucked out and she continues to be useless for the rest of the game.

Why? Why did they make this one so f***ing annoying and useless?
The previous Zeldas were actually rather helpful at some points - TP Zelda? Helps in the horse battle. WW Zelda/SP Zelda? Helps in the final boss fight, stealing my bow and using Light Arrows. Even OoT Zelda did SOMETHING - okay, she just gave us new music, but at least she managed to avoid kidnapping for 7 years.

To me, the true romantic interest for Link in Skyward Sword is Ghirahim.
Why? Well, Ghirahim invades his personal space, he constantly seems to enjoy fighting him and in the Japanese version, he literally is talking about him and Link being connected by the Red String of Fate. Okay, the localized version had the term Thread of Fate and in the text it was dyed red, but it still seems like they actually missed the real meaning of that line.
And I'm not saying this cause I'm a Yaoi Fangirl.
Spoiler: And now, why I think that the ZeLink Romance is not real in Skyward Sword
During the scene where Zelda and Link talk, before she seals herself into a Crystal... the way I understood it, Hylia made sure to manipulate Link's feelings for Zelda, so that if she got taken away, he would follow after her.
To me, that means that he never actually liked Zelda in that way.

*gasp* ... *gasp* ... Okay, I think I got everything.
When I start nagging about SS Zelda, I just can't stop and now I feel absolutely exhausted...

C-A

dullahan1 wrote:
Rumor about Majora's Mask 3DS as supposedly tweeted by NoA. If this really happens, I'll be quite pleased.

Hmmm... As much as I'd LOOOOOOVE that rumour to be true, the source is... well... Zelda Informer... Bet you couldn't find a more unreliable source. Yup, even a farmer in a remote village claiming his sister in law had a vision where a man who's supposedly Iwata's brother from another dimension came to tell him to go further in time so he could get a message from Reggie himself would be more reliable than this website. There's nothing wrong with them, they just repost every single rumour they come across, without checking anything, whether it's reliable, whether it hasn't been denied already, etc...

But yeah, I'd LOOOVE Majora's Mask to be released on the 3DS. I'd love that so much.
ImageImageImage

I know. It's just honestly grasping at straws right now.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

CatMuto wrote:
Spoiler: Why I hate this Zelda incarnation and think she is useless
Okay, for one... her design. Her hair is way too bright for my liking, her nose looks freaky and her ears are abnormally long. I know she has spikey ears and Link has long ears, too, but hers are just more prominent to me.
And she was designed to look cute.
All girls that are designed to look cute in videogames are f***ing annoying!! Rinoa from FF VIII - designed to be cute, but she's a helpless bimbo who has no brain and is a whore who switches boyfriends like earrings. Collet from Tales of Symphonia - hypocritical, self-sacrificing AIRHEAD!! Collet and Zelda are sharing #1 on my "OMG I HATE THIS CHARACTER SO MUCH" list. Shirley from Tales of Legendia - God, she looks like Collet but with more hair-bleach and her voice is so annoying...

My main problem with this Zelda: She is f***ing useless.
Okay, this broad is a reincarnation of a Goddess. Screw being a Mary Sue Princess, she has to go even higher and become a f***ing deity.
But I digress.
Okay, she emasculates Link in front of Groose. She's absolutely loved by everyone, which just makes her MORE of a Mary Sue, and this stupid bitch throws Link off cliffs to his death. And then throws herself off - WHY DID YOU SAVE HER, LINK!?
But I digress.
She gets kidnapped. That is totally okay. And then she gets kidnapped a second time, mere hours after she leaves for her adventure - this is shown in the game and actually revealed in the credit-segments. THEN she waits for Link and seals herself in a Crystal... because for some reason, Hylia HAD to reincarnate herself in a mortal form to seal Demise, although Hylia - being a goddess and powerful and immortal and all - apparently CAN'T seal Demise.... can somebody tell me if that makes sense to them?
Anyway, the bitch then seals herself and disappears off-screen for the other rest of the game - cause, you know, she was so PROMINENTLY on-screen all the other time. I think this is my favorite part of the game, where I know I don't have to chase that whore anymore - they should've labelled this game "Legend of Zelda: Catch up if you can!"
So AFTER Link does all her work and fulfills HER wish to destroy Demise - which, I dunno, is never told if that is also Link's wish, maybe he just wants a new pair of shoes - she wakes up... and gets kidnapped AGAIN. The third time!! Then her soul gets sucked out and she continues to be useless for the rest of the game.

Why? Why did they make this one so f***ing annoying and useless?
The previous Zeldas were actually rather helpful at some points - TP Zelda? Helps in the horse battle. WW Zelda/SP Zelda? Helps in the final boss fight, stealing my bow and using Light Arrows. Even OoT Zelda did SOMETHING - okay, she just gave us new music, but at least she managed to avoid kidnapping for 7 years.

You do know almost none of the different Zelda incarnations play a particularly active part in your quests, right?

Spoiler: Kind of spoilers for entire series
Zelda 1 - Breaks the Triforce apart and somehow hides each piece in a dungeon before Ganon kidnaps her
Zelda 2 - Asleep entire game
Link to the Past - Locked in the castle dungeon, then transported to the Dark World, helps break the barrier on Ganon's Tower
Link's Awakening - Mariiiiiiiiin <3 ...oh Zelda? N/A
OoT - Gives you the game's namesake instrument and teaches you some warping songs, gets kidnapped but shoots Ganon with a laser in the final battle
MM - Not present but gave you the Ocarina beforehand
Oracle series - Kidnapped by Great Moblin then disappears for the rest of the game
WW - Offers a couple hints through magic pendant during her snarky pirate cap'n phase, turns into a princess and sits in the castle basement until Ganon kidnaps her, supporting fire in last battle
PH - Stone statue entire game
Minish Cap - Stone statue entire game
Four Swords/Adventures - Kidnapped by Vaati entire game
Twilight Princess - Dies (!!) to save Midna's life, but then for some reason that's never even remotely explained, she's alive again later as Ganon's puppet
Spirit Tracks - Your awesome ghost buddy who possesses suits of armor to fight nasty monsters for you
SS - Essentially what you said I guess, though I still think you're being awfully hard on her

Majority of them don't play an active role in the games, I know that. Except that some of them do some things that are helpful - as I said, OoT Zelda/Sheik teaches melodies, SP Zelda is actually almost the most active of Zeldas in terms of gameplay and uses the Light Arrows during the final battle, WW Zelda does the Light Arrow thing, TP Zelda does the Light Arrow thing as well. Those actually did something that was useful.

But somehow, the fact that SS Zelda doesn't actively do anything is even more prominent.
It's like with various characters - there's this one guy who is a complete sarcastic jerk and you love him. But the same type of character appears somewhere else and, for some reason, you can't stand him.

But it could also be that with SS Zelda, they simply combined all the things I absolutely hate to see in girl characters and that instantly made her unlikeable to me.

C-A

Let it go and move it move it

Legend of Zelda! It's my favourite game other than AA. I've grown up playing it. The music is also amazing, I love to listen to it while revising for tests and exams. My favorites being Gerudo Valley and Dragon Roost Island. (*^^*)

I haven't played Wind Waker in a while though because it broke :/ I want to buy a new copy, but it's hard to find one with a decent price.

I have too much to say about The Legend of Zelda, I'm just throwing out random points xD I think the latest games in the series have been too easy, especially Spirit Tracks. I actually found it patronizing, it was that easy. Skyward Sword was a little better, however I felt you were given too much of a guide. Then of course there was the invincibility potion. Why would they put that in the game? It makes it way too easy if you are stuck. Other than that it was a great game. (^ ^)
Within Temptation

Lucy wrote:
Then of course there was the invincibility potion. Why would they put that in the game? It makes it way too easy if you are stuck. Other than that it was a great game. (^ ^)

Well, I suppose that is only to be used for Hero Mode, otherwise you really are invincible and it makes the game rather boring. I use the Guardian Potion+ in my Hero Mode run right now. Just gulp that down when you enter the Lightning Round/Boss Rush and you could be invincible for 4 bosses - depending on which boss you get and how long it takes you... urgh fresh memories resurfacing of failing Boss Rush on the last boss all the time... why did I want to 100% this game again?

I watched a playthrough of Spirit Tracks and then tried to play the game myself for a while.
I dunno, somehow, it didn't grip me as the other games did - maybe it was because I watched the playthrough, but all of it felt so boring. Although Spirit Track sounded more entertaining than Phantom Hourglass... I tried to watch a playthrough of that and I was so bored, I gave up after three videos.

Oh I love the Gerudo Valley music!
I looked up Piano and Harp versions of it, why, simply because they sounded so awesome.
And even an a capella version...!

C-A

The Zelda Geek

dullahan1 wrote:

I am so desperate for a 3DS Majora's Mask, I'll believe anything. And right now, I'll believe this.

As for the recent Skyward Sword talk, I'll say it's a great game. Everything was good. I enjoyed the gameplay a lot.

Though, I think I'd prefer if it returned to TP/WW combat. Just polish it to add different combos and more hidden skills and attacks. It might just be my urge to kill Darknuts in under a minute, but I just feel the WW/TP combat was a tad more fun.

Phantom Hourglass was too repetitive, I couldn't complete it because I was that bored.

There are some great videos of people playing Legend of Zelda music. I saw one really good video of two people playing the piano and violin. It was so amazing to listen to.
Within Temptation

So that teaser about the end of the world with all that Majora's Mask stuff, turns out it's a tribute album.
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2012/12/ ... times-end/
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Apparently, Majora's Mask 3D is a possibility if people want it enough, like Ocarina of Time. I guess we just have to keep our fingers crossed. :maya:

Also, that Majora's mask album is really good!
Within Temptation

Spoiler: In Defense of Zelda
CatMuto wrote:
She's absolutely loved by everyone, which just makes her MORE of a Mary Sue

Really? Let's see, there's Link, her best friend, her dad loves her of course. Groose has a crush on her. And I guess the teachers like her for being a good student. Was there any other time when most or even half of Skyloft's (notably small) inhabitants gush about her? I mean sure, they say "Oh it's tragic that she's gone" but, anybody would say that about a nice young girl who disappeared after being sucked into a tornado.
Quote:
and this stupid bitch throws Link off cliffs to his death. And then throws herself off - WHY DID YOU SAVE HER, LINK!?

I'll have to do this analytically.
First time: She pushes Link off a dock where he can fall and call his loftwing. 1. He's done this hundreds of times. Hardly his death. 2. She thought Link was joking about not sensing his loftwing. As they established, a loftwing almost never doesn't appear. She had no idea, and she apologized afterwards.
Second time: She pushes him off the statue of the Goddess' hands, after giving him a device that can help him land softly. He wasn't trained in it yet, sure, that's not the difficulty in this. He just pulls it out and it works. The only difficulty is the diving. Which Link has again, done hundreds of times. And, if he somehow botches the landing, he doesn't die, he gets minorly hurt. Which leads me to 3. They are friends. Have you ever heard of good friends who didn't play around? It's not even just a guy thing, girls can playfully be violent.
As for throwing herself off, see number 3. and number 1. Was Link all that inconvenienced to catch her? Both of them seemed pretty cheerful afterwards. And as for 1., if he hadn't caught her, she'd call her own bird. No big deal.
And as for "WHY DID YOU SAVE HER" see number 3.
This part seems like a minor thing, but geez was it blown out of proportion.

Quote:
She gets kidnapped. That is totally okay. And then she gets kidnapped a second time, mere hours after she leaves for her adventure - this is shown in the game and actually revealed in the credit-segments

Trained knight or not, I think anybody would have a little difficulty if they were thrown into a giant land filled with everything they'd never seen before, as well as hundreds of monsters trying to kill/kidnap them, alone, with nothing but a bulky harp, in a dress and sandals.

Quote:
THEN she waits for Link and seals herself in a Crystal... because for some reason, Hylia HAD to reincarnate herself in a mortal form to seal Demise, although Hylia - being a goddess and powerful and immortal and all - apparently CAN'T seal Demise.... can somebody tell me if that makes sense to them?

Right, how awful of her not to wait earlier while being pursued by monsters, a demon lord, and being pressured by her attendant.
It's pretty much God vs. Goddess. Who can say Demise wasn't just as powerful as her? And she did seal him, for like 1,000 years. She planned out every single thing that happens in game so when Demise returned, she and the hero would be able to really destroy him for good.

Quote:
Anyway, the bitch then seals herself and disappears off-screen for the other rest of the game - cause, you know, she was so PROMINENTLY on-screen all the other time.

And you know she sealed herself away for the direct purpose of not being kidnapped or used for Demise? And she wasn't happy about it? Come to think of it, she wasn't happy about any of it. Zelda is not exactly the same as Hylia. Hylia made the decisions on her and Link's fate. I'm sure Zelda would've loved to travel along with Link the whole way, but she couldn't. She had zero choice.

Quote:
So AFTER Link does all her work and fulfills HER wish to destroy Demise - which, I dunno, is never told if that is also Link's wish, maybe he just wants a new pair of shoes

I'm sure pure-hearted, knight-in-training Link didn't give 2 sh*ts about saving everyone he knows and loves. It's not like that's why he was becoming a knight anyway. This is theorizing, but it makes just about as much sense as guessing all Link wanted was shoes.

Quote:
she wakes up... and gets kidnapped AGAIN. The third time!! Then her soul gets sucked out and she continues to be useless for the rest of the game.

Again, completely defenseless and weaponless against a surprise attack. How dare that bitch get kidnapped when she'd just woken up from a 1,000 year coma. Ghirahim could've kidnapped Link for all it was worth, as the scene shows, he was pretty much just as weakened at that time.
What do you want her to do after, again, waking up from a 1,000 year coma, and getting her soul sucked out? Were you counting on her flying in during the battle and stabbing Ghirahim in the forehead? Or dashing into the portal to somehow help Link fight the behemoth? Right.

Basically, Hylia does everything. Zelda had no choice in her actions. If you want to argue what Hylia could've done better, feel free. Don't blame it on her unknowing reincarnation.

Quote:
Ghirahim could've kidnapped Link for all it was worth, as the scene shows, he was pretty much just as weakened at that time.

I have yet to find a Yaoi Fanstory about that happening at that point in the game.

I probably overreact but, really, I started a thread on another forum asking "Why did Hylia have to reincarnate and all that?" and I got two answers.
1. The game does not happen the way Hylia's plan originally should.
2. So she can use the Triforce herself.
I thought about it and parts of it make sense, for the first one.
But I can shoot that one down, too. Let's pretend Zelda never got kidnapped in the first place - it's still very likely that the journey would've started at that point. After all, Zelda said she heard a voice "calling her from the Surface" and Fi woke up hours after Zelda got kidnapped - coincidental or planned, don't care. Anyhow, Link and Zelda would've been at the Goddess Statue and gone to the surface together. Zelda would have a wardrobe change, go through the dungeons and purify herself in the springs.
And then would've sealed herself away, again, and let Link do all the dirty work.
Still sounds like a shit plan to me.
As for two.... what the hell?
The Triforce is a very carefully balanced thing, that can't be used by just any mortal! I mean, think about it - who or what says that Hylia or Zelda were fine and good and balanced to actually use it? For all we know, had Zelda touched the Triforce, it would've gone KABOOM like in Ocarina of Time and split itself.

And her uselessness and annoying-ness isn't the only thing I dislike about her.
I basically hate everything about her and Hylia, so meh.

C-A

To be honest, I'm not thrilled with the idea that Hylia had to create this very elaborate plan to defeat Demise. Given that we really don't know much about her or Demise (unless you take the SS manga as canon) I can't really form an opinion on what she could have done better. As far as I can tell, apart from a few instances, things did go according to plan.
And it does seem a little rotten to have Link do most of the work, but again, I don't know much about Hylia or the extent of her powers. She might have seen it as a one-suffers-to-prevent-the-suffering-of-many kind of thing.
Though, running with her plan, she wasn't planning to use the Triforce herself, she set it up so Link would be able to use it. The journey, among other things, honed his power, wisdom, and courage, so he'd be just balanced enough to use it.
But yeah, I generally separate Hylia from Zelda as different entities. Maybe Zelda was a lot like her, maybe she would've made the same choices again. I don't know much about Hylia, so I dunno. Of course, I can't say she wasn't annoying. I didn't think she was, but it's a personal thing. I just don't think it's too fair to blame Zelda for what she had to do, I'll say blame Nintendo or Hylia.
Edit: Just realized I forgot to mention there is at least one helpful/very helpful thing Zelda herself does. She puts the final blessing on the Goddess Sword and finally makes it the Master Sword. I'll keep it in mind in replaying, but there's at least one useful thing.

Quote:
(unless you take the SS manga as canon)

Given how the manga states that it was the legendary Hero who put Skyloft above the clouds, using the Master Sword, instead of Hylia doing that, I kind of ignore the manga - it may have permission or was made on the want of Aonuma, but that doesn't mean it has permission to ret-con parts of the game that are basic knowledge.

We can, again, debate if Zelda is doing that Power Up.
It's far likely that she's simply channeling her Hylia personality/powers at that point. Given how Zelda acts when you meet her in Hylia's Temple, I can safely say that Hylia and Zelda were very different in terms of personality. And I do blame Hylia for the problems that Zelda creates - although I have every right and reason to blame Zelda for letting the Imprisoned break out three. fucking. times. Seriously, that second seal created in the past sucks just as much as the first one Hylia made.

By the way, what do you think of Fi?
I keep seeing several topics crop up every few weeks saying, "Fi sucks. Fi is so annoying. Fi tells me when my hearts are low although I can hear the beep and see the evidence myself. Fi sucks, etc, and blows, etc."
I love Fi.
She's pretty, her "voice" is great, I love that she sings and dances and sure, she explains things to me I already know but.... I dunno, it doesn't bother me. And people can ignore her when she bings at you when your hearts are low...

C-A

Hm, I don't remember all that much about how the Imprisoned broke out for now. I'll have to pay closer attention when I replay that part. I take the manga with a grain of salt too, it doesn't match up with in-game history too well.

I also actually really like Fi too. When I played it initially, I had no idea what was going on a lot of the time, so I really appreciated the explaining. I kinda wish it was optional for replaying, but it's not all that bad. I do think it's kind of ridiculous for her to remind you that your wallet's full, your hearts are low, and your wiimote is low on battery, but that's it.
But yeah, I liked her singing and dancing and her design. And I've heard the opinion her character was really flat, she was boring, the statistics were annoying etc. I didn't mind the robotic personality, it's kind of a new concept for a partner, and it works in context. And I thought the statistics were funny.

Right? She was made to be calculating and emotionless.
I agree that, at the end, her sudden "emotion" of gratitude seems a bit out of nowhere, but that doesn't lessen the impact for me. Oh man that scene is one I love and hate seeing.... too bad they ruin it with Zelda suddenly yelling "What? Impa, why?" and goes on.

Spoiler: About that...
Yeah, after saying goodbye to my closest companion who was with me all the time, except during the stealth part, I'll absolutely care a ton about Impa. That bitch that nagged at me the first time we meet, how I was late and basically told me I'm useless. Yeah I really care that she's gonna die in the next minute....

C-A

By that point in the game, I was pretty much just going with it. So my thoughts were "Aww, I guess she did sorta get a heart"
I'll agree Impa wasn't developed too well.
Spoiler:
Her old self was just the stereotypical wise old lady (Though I really thought she was a man until told otherwise), and all we see of her younger self is some protecting Zelda, and sometimes failing,

but I never minded her. You can sorta get revenge for her insults anyway at the Temple of Time, which is pretty funny. The thing about the bracelet was sweet though.

That bracelet .... I never really noticed it until recently.
I was starting my Hero Mode playthrough and noticed the bracelet for the first time the minute she appears and I was like, "Wait, do I see this because it's Hero Mode or because I am just looking for it?"
Turns out the latter, cause I am now playing my husband's SS file (with his permission) and saw the bracelet early as well.
I dunno, it somehow still felt like an Asspull.... it just doesn't make me care about Impa.

Yeah, we can say, "Am I late?" in a, hopefully, cocky voice at the Temple of Time to get back for what she said at the Earth Temple. But otherwise, meh. She insults me, she disappears off screen for the most part and then I don't care.
Mostly, from that Temple of Time scene, I remember the barrier shattering and knocking Impa back (Joy...!) and Ghirahim's.... strange... sexy... body movements while yelling at Link afterwards.
I love him so much.

C-A

I never noticed her wearing the bracelet until the end either. But yeah, if you look, it's there.
Ghirahim was the single most entertaining thing in the game. I don't know what planet I'm on when I watch him act like that in the Temple of Time and the Fire Sanctuary. Though really, he does keep falling for the old "Oh I'll just kill him later. It's not like he's going to be a threat" at least twice.

Yeah...
But if you compare Ghirahim and Demise, the latter is just such a let-down as a big bad. I mean, comparing them, Demise might looks more frightening, but that's what I find so boring about him. I mean, the battle against him is nothing special, his appearance is just so over the top to show us he's evil and all that, it's just boring to look at him.
Ghirahim, on the other hand is always there.
He constantly appears, you constantly fight him, he threatens you (while dancing... or at least, posing oddly), keeps invading Link's personal space (my god that's hilarious!) and actually is somewhat intimidating. He's also the main-villain for the majority of the game - until he does a "Not so fast!!" and we fight Demise.
Then again, at least Ghirahim remained threatening throughout the game unlike Zant.
God that guy became a joke.... can't take him seriously at all anymore.
He almost killed Midna? Don't care, all I see is his weird contortions.
Sure, Ghirahim does those as well, but at least he's so strange from the beginning, so it's not a big surprise when he does it later on.

Speaking of seeing things, I saw the Crystal pretty fast.
Why? Eh... I kinda learned to look through all sorts of cracks at times.

C-A

I was kinda let down too when Ghirahim first mentions reviving his master. I was hoping the littler guy would get the chance to be the big evil, but I can't say I didn't see it coming. Demise was also kinda meh. I liked the allusions to Ganondorf
Spoiler:
Like his appearance, and his line about his hatred reincarnating to spite the Goddesses

but otherwise, Ghirahim was definitely the more interesting one. Pretty risky move to have a villain so touchy-feely with Link (not to mention the mention of the red string of fate, but I'm not a shipper anyway). But whenever he was, it was hilarious. Definitely my favorite villain.
Spoiler:
Shame his personality pretty much fell off the radar when Demise was being resurrected. When he was in his sword form or whatever I mean. It was brief, but there was no more dancing, or fruity lines, or anything.

And yeah, SS handled it a lot better than TP. I still think it's a great game, but tacking on Ganondorf was weak. Zant was a pretty cool villain until he threw his dignity out the window. And yeah, Ghirahim dances about, but he does it with more pride and dignity than I'd ever expect.

Side note, my english teacher played the clip of Zant talking about Ganondorf and flipping out and everything. For an example of a Faustian legend. The entire class was immensely confused.

I.... that's kinda cool, to have a video game scene shown in class for a purpose.
Although I admit I never read Faust or anything like it, so I... I don't see the connection....

C-A

A Faustian legend is a story in which a character sells their soul (usually to the devil) for something (usually money, I think)
It would be kinda cool, but he's always trying to force his interests into the class somehow. It gets irritating.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I don't know if anyone heard the news, but The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is being remastered for HD for the Wii U sometime this year.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

1000% Knight

I'm pretty meh about it. If I wanted to play WW, I'd play WW. I'd rather have a new game. (C'mon, we're due for a handheld zelda... the last one was 3 years ago)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Gettin' Old!

Bad Player wrote:
I'm pretty meh about it. If I wanted to play WW, I'd play WW. I'd rather have a new game. (C'mon, we're due for a handheld zelda... the last one was 3 years ago)

Zelda is a big deal though, if they are working on a brand new one, it won't get announced until the next big event.

I've listened and loved enough of Windwaker's music for a while, if I get my hands on a WiiU I'll get Windwaker, cause I never experienced it when it was out.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

Zelda is a big deal though, if they are working on a brand new one, it won't get announced until the next big event.

I've listened and loved enough of Windwaker's music for a while, if I get my hands on a WiiU I'll get Windwaker, cause I never experienced it when it was out.

I also am not filled to the brim with excitement over the WW HD release (because I already have it) but it does address the problem of wind waker being so hard to find now (and expensive for a used game). I know a couple of people who haven't been able to find it who now can go play it. I'll probably pick it up if its at a discount price or if it goes on sale.

As for a brand-new Zelda, in the same announcement they mentioned they are currently working on the new Wii U Zelda, and that they are trying to change expectations about what Zelda is. They hinted at non-linear play structure (being able to play dungeons in any order) and possibly multiplayer. I'm not sure how I feel about those things.

No news on a 3DS Zelda, unfortunately. I'm still hoping we would get a proper sequel to Wind Waker (Phantom Hourglass really lacked in the story/characterization department) but I doubt that will happen.

On the non-gaming side, the english version of Hyrule Historia is being release in two days!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Gettin' Old!

ADA McCoy wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

I also am not filled to the brim with excitement over the WW HD release (because I already have it) but it does address the problem of wind waker being so hard to find now (and expensive for a used game). I know a couple of people who haven't been able to find it who now can go play it. I'll probably pick it up if its at a discount price or if it goes on sale.

As for a brand-new Zelda, in the same announcement they mentioned they are currently working on the new Wii U Zelda, and that they are trying to change expectations about what Zelda is. They hinted at non-linear play structure (being able to play dungeons in any order) and possibly multiplayer. I'm not sure how I feel about those things.

No news on a 3DS Zelda, unfortunately. I'm still hoping we would get a proper sequel to Wind Waker (Phantom Hourglass really lacked in the story/characterization department) but I doubt that will happen.

On the non-gaming side, the english version of Hyrule Historia is being release in two days!

I blame gaming culture these days. It gets very silly with no one ever wanting anything to stay consistant, so much pressure to try something new and different to the point the mindset is if you stick to a tried and true formula without shaking things up or adding anything you're doing it wrong.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

It's a problem with the Zelda Franchise in general.
You change something - "You changed it, now it sucks!!"
You kept it the same - "You didn't change it, now it sucks!!"

It seems that whatever is not the absolute Ocarina of Time formula gets hated. And if they do a game that has the same formula as Ocarina fo Time, it gets nagged at being a stupid copy.
I was around when Ocarian of Time came out, I played it, I found it fun.... but aside from the graphics (for '98) being revolutionary, it's not that great a game. And it hasn't aged well at all. The controls are absolutely clunky, Navi won't target the enemy I tell her to target, not to mention that some of those dungeons are absolutely incomprehensible.
And people still tell me that Fi is more annoying than Navi....

I'm looking forward to the WiiU Zelda.
What I saw of it looked actually a ton like Twilight Princess, but with much darker tones and Navi a Fairy with Link. However, I try to keep any other judgmential behavior out of it. I remember when I heard Skyward Sword was being made, I said it would suck cause it's on the Wii.
(I think the Wii is a terrible console that is mostly created for Fitness stuff, rather than games)
But I played Skyward Sword and it ties with Twilight Princess as my favorite, so I was wrong. Now I'm just looking forward to it.... must obtain money faster to get WiiU!! (Although I don't quite see what the difference between Wii and WiiU is, other than that WiiU can A) do HD and B) is as strong as a PS3)

C-A

I think Zelda is one of those series that I think is quite great when they do experiment with the game's formula and deviate from the norm. Majora's Mask is one of my favorite games in the franchise because it is different and so unique compared to other Zeldas. It's also one of the reasons I don't really care too much for Twilight Princess, it felt like they tried to play it way too safe. Then again, this for me only holds true for main consoles, as I really disliked the DS Zelda games myself.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

1000% Knight

Don't forget
>Operation Moonfall
>WW remake
But in terms of availability, I suppose it does make the most sense. OoT and MM are on the virtual console and TP and SS are Wii games.

In terms of the next handheld 3DS (not that we've heard anything about it :nick: ) I don't think it'll be another WW-style game... just a hunch.

I saw that part of the Nintendo Direct about playing with convention. At the time, I didn't think much of it; however, right now I'm actually kinda fearing not having a set dungeon order. What has been a common complaint in a lot of the Zelda games? You use the item in the dungeon a ton, and then... never again. If the dungeon order isn't set, it'll be impossible to make any puzzles that require items from other dungeons. SS was great about using all the items, but if they don't have a set dungeon order I feel like they'll be forced to take a step backwards.
And about multiplayer... I wonder if it'll be meh like the Tingle stuff in WW. If they want to challenge convention, I can understand doing something like removing the set dungeon order, but I'm not sure why they have to turn a single-player game into multiplayer.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

A common bitching ground of the latest Zelda game (Skyward Sword) was how you were constantly driven by the plot and it was 3 dungeons, story exposition, another 3 dungeons, more story exposition, 3 tasks, final dungeon and final battles. Now, maybe my memory is wrong but aren't most Zelda games that exact same track of gameplay?
The typical 3 dungeons, then you get the Master Sword.

But every other Zelda game I played was exactly like that, too. I had to do this dungeon, then go to this area for the next dungeon. And again. And I rather liked the way that the surface in SS was also partly dungeon-y because that was a nice change. After all, aside from some random battles on Hyrule Field and such, there was no real puzzle to do there. Now, in SS, you have to fight and solve a few puzzles before getting to your next dungeon.

Maybe they were complaining about the fact that there was no real sidequesting to do in between dungeons?
I'd agree with them, but since the majority of the sidequests in SS were for Gratitude Crystals, I was kinda glad to not do sidequests in between.

But I have to say, no dungeon order in the next Zelda?
Like Bad Player said, if that's true then most dungeons puzzles or puzzles in the entire game, are gonna be generic ones that use no or only one item to solve. That would be very boring and end up repetitive pretty fast.
In SS, I admit that the whip had no real purpose outside of the Ancient Cistern.
But the rest of the items would still be used a lot. The beetle is needed in Lanayru Desert and other areas a ton, whether to proceed in your way or to just look around, the hookshots.... well, they were necessary for reaching higher places. Not as great as the hookshots in previous Zeldas.
I hope they keep the bow as strong as it was in SS, though.
I love the bow!

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
It's a problem with the Zelda Franchise in general.
You change something - "You changed it, now it sucks!!"
You kept it the same - "You didn't change it, now it sucks!!"

I've seen so much of this among fans and I'm sick to death of it. I'm personally in favor of mixing things up a little. I think Ocarina of Time is a good basis for the rest of the games, but more as a stepping stone. Keep in tune with it, but make some changes. Majora's Mask mixed things up, and I think that worked fantastically. Skyward Sword did a bit too, with all the stuff required out of dungeons, like the trials and the 3 Dragons quest (even though whoever made the Silent Realms can go rot in a flaming acid pool). I'm hoping in the next game we'll get even further from the standard "3 dungeons, event, 3-ish more dungeons, final dungeon, final boss."

I think the idea of dungeons in optional order, even if it's just a few, sounds awesome. I love a game that gives you some freedom. The item thing would be a problem, but if they put a lot of time and thought into it, they could figure out how to give puzzles multiple solutions. But yeah, that would take a lot of time, I don't know if it'd be worth it. The alternative is getting items outside of the dungeons, or somehow making it not unpleasant to go into a dungeon, get its item, and leave. I dunno how, but it still sounds cool to me.

I can't really say I'm stoked for the WW HD release. I didn't see all that much, but it looked kind of odd, and I love Wind Waker's graphics as they are. OoT 3D turned out pretty good, the graphics are gorgeous. But it also smoothed out the gameplay, and introduced it to younger gamers. I don't think WW needs either. I might get it eventually, but it's not on my priorities. As for Hyrule Historia, I was really hyped for it a few months ago, but then I forgot about it until recently. If I get interested again, I'll probably get it sometime soon.

I've always found the Zelda fanbase's opinion about Ocarina of Time really biased, for the same reason I'm not sure if the new ideas for Zelda Wii U will be good or bad.

Everyone talks about Ocarina of Time as if it is the perfect model for a Zelda game, but to be honest I've always found Ocarina of Time fairly bland. It's fun, and it's more enjoyable than some of the older games, but it's really lacking in the story department. You go from one dungeon to the next and that repeats until the end of the game.

I started the Zelda series with Wind Waker, which had just enough variety to keep things interesting. While there wasn't as much story as Skyward Sword, it wasn't just going from dungeon to dungeon. There was plenty to do on the Great Sea, and many of the story quests took this into account. It would also throw a curve-ball regarding dungeon placement (for instance, you'd expect getting Nayru's pearl would be in a water-like dungeon, but it ended up being in a story-heavy cutscene which showed a connection to Ocarina of Time). It never felt like I was playing an NES game with better graphics as Ocarina of Time did.

Skyward Sword was amazing to me personally. I loved how story-heavy it was and how so much happened out of the dungeons. Really the only problem I had with Skyward Sword was the controls (and that was my fault as I only realized 75% through the game that I was sitting too far away from the sensor bar when I would calibrate it). I would hope that the new game, at least in the gameplay sense goes more towards Skyward Sword rather than back towards Ocarina of Time.

My concern with the non-linear dungeon style is related to how it will affect the story. If it makes it so it becomes like Ocarina of Time (Complete the Dungeon, get a generic cutscene, complete the next dungeon, etc.) then I'm not going to be very happy. If it can somehow help them to create a more complex and exciting story then I will be totally onboard. It doesn't seem that difficult to do considering Zelda's cutscenes are real-time so they should in-theory be able to just set a cutscene in any dungeon you're in.

As for the multiplayer (I'm assuming that's what they meant by "single-player experience" being challenged) I have no idea what they might have in store. I wouldn't be against Link having a constant companion that helped him in the game, (although this could cause some canon issues regarding whether the single-player or multi-player version was canon). In fact, this could be very exciting. If it ends up being something more like the Tingle Tuner in Wind Waker, it might be not worth the effort. I think if they are planning multiplayer they should try to really incorporate it into the game. If it's something to the equivalent of Steam's "Chat while you play" feature, I wouldn't really care because I'd never use it anyway.

So, my opinion on these changes will form once I see something that looks either good or bad. Hopefully they're not afraid to break the zelda mold heavily, because these things wouldn't really work well without them doing that.
Page 4 of 32 [ 1245 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 32  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station