Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 25 of 32[ 1245 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next

Re: The Legend of Zelda seriesTopic%20Title

Wind Waker's teleportation was terrible. Sure you had options to send you to various hot spots, if you will, but you still had to sail too long to get to places cause you could only get so close to them with the hot spots.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Wind Waker's teleportation was terrible. Sure you had options to send you to various hot spots, if you will, but you still had to sail too long to get to places cause you could only get so close to them with the hot spots.

C-A

It sounds more to me you wish the sailing mechanic wasn't there at all because the hot spots covered most of your good bases.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Yeah, it was so much fun to go to the Forsaken Fortress from Windfall Island since Mother and Child Island didn't help if you wanted a shortcut. It was overall fun to sail around, looking for the fucking triforce charts/pieces, too, because... SAILING!

Yes, I did not like the sailing. I found it slow and boring. (And people complain about the flying in Skyward? Being capable of flying all over the place in the sky in 5 minutes is much better and less annoying than simply taking 5 minutes to sail to a damn island in Waker)

C-A

I don't think there was really any reason to go back to the Forsaken Fortress by the time you unlocked teleporting anyway.

And sailing was vastly sped up in the HD remake so yeah.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I'm guessing they're just playing up how long it will take in order to make people freak out about the open world thing. I bet they'll put something in to make it go faster (I actually wouldn't even be surprised if they put in something where you press a button and it just fades out to black for a second. Then when you fade in you're at your destination).

I do wonder how big the world actually is, and how many interesting things there will be (didn't care much for Hyrule field in TP, mainly because it was mostly just empty space). But I have faith it will be pretty cool when it comes out.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

CatMuto wrote:
I have to say, the way they made it sound "So how long until we get to that location?" and "Oh still four or five more minutes" is terrible. I hated Wind Waker cause of the slow travelling. If the travelling is gonna be slow, even on Epona horse, I do not look forward to the travelling.
Big world? Okay. Big world with LONG travelling times? Terrible.

C-A

I agree with you to a point, but if they can keep the traveling interesting, then I don't think I'd have a problem.

I actually didn't mind the sailing in Wind Waker despite the long distances because it gave me something to do. Yeah, it was like little games like sail through the barrels to get rupees or explore the random island here on your way to the location, but at least it gave me something to do. Heck, collecting bottles in the HD version was weirdly fun for me, but I tend to turn all this mess into weird mini-games in my head. Skyward Sword, despite it having a smaller traveling screen felt more bland to me because there was nothing to do in the sky, other than fly through the speed boosts, which really felt like nothing. Didn't help that it took a while for me to master the flying controls... It was more interesting once I got further in the game and unlocked treasures and such, but I hate that it took a long time for it to do that.

To come back to my point though, I don't care how long the traveling is, just make sure to keep it interesting as I traverse my way to the next location.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

D.A. McCoy wrote:
I do wonder how big the world actually is, and how many interesting things there will be (didn't care much for Hyrule field in TP, mainly because it was mostly just empty space). But I have faith it will be pretty cool when it comes out.

Eh, TP's Hyrule Field was technically not empty, there were a lot of caves and small mazes you could unlock and explore. But because the field was so large and LOOKED empty, yes, there was no real desire to check many parts out.
There was a ice-box-sliding-puzzle in one of the caves? Never saw it.

C-A

I was fine with traveling in Wind Waker. It still gives me an amazing sense of adventure and doing even menial things (like killing pirates at a watch tower) makes me feel like I'm actually saving the world one step at a time. Yes, I realize this isn't for everyone

Hate to say it but I wasn't impressed by the new gameplay footage at all, and I'm not usually a cynic when it comes to Zelda. I'm sure dungeons will be nice but the overworld looks so boring; it's just a bunch of trees. There's nothing to look at as I go on my adventure. Made me want to fall asleep

And is it really necessary to force players to use the gamepad? It's so uncomfortable and seems so unnecessary just for a map. If you thought low battery warnings were frequent in Skyward Sword....

They were frequent?
Although can I say, when in that video, Miyamoto says Star Fox will come out before this Zelda, the audience cheers. And when he mentions Majora's Mask will be released before that... it took a while for the audience to respond? I found it hilarious.

As for the overworld... I'm a player who doesn't care about the overworld. I liked the one in Skyward because it was like a mini dungeon itself. Full of enemies, with little puzzles so I could proceed to get to the actual dungeon. That was entertaining for me. A Zelda game is full of dungeons, fighting and puzzles for me. Not travelling.

So I can't say the overworld they showed seemed great. The graphics are kinda neat, but hey, that's not enough. I hope we'll get to see some dungeon footage before release. I recall seeing someone playing through parts of TP's Forest Dungeon before it was released on the GC and the goat herding in the beginning of the game. I wanna see some dungeons - you know, see where I'll spend most of my time when playing the game.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

JesusMonroe wrote:

And is it really necessary to force players to use the gamepad? It's so uncomfortable and seems so unnecessary just for a map. If you thought low battery warnings were frequent in Skyward Sword....

Really? I quite like the feel of the gamepad in my hand. In most games I find myself unconsciously ending up using it's screen instead of the big screen where the game plays on both.

Though I doubt you'll be forced to use the gamepad, you can probably bring up the map ingame by pausing or some malarky like that.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Well, the only Wii U games I've played are 3D World and Smash, and I only use the gamepad for the required 3D World levels. It's probably uncomfortable for me since I dont use it frequently at all

Kind of similar to Meat Boy. Everyone says the keyboard controls are ass but that's what O started with so I can't switch

Spoiler: Zelda Birthday Game

So, what happened to you in a Zelda game because of your birthday?

I gave my rupees to the skull kid... fuck you, skull kid. I never liked you.

C-A

PS: My husband is married to Anju. And my mother gave her Rupees to Ghirahim. (Lucky duck, I wouldn't mind giving my rupees to HIM!)

Gettin' Old!

Married to Navi :larry:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:

You have my condolences... :sadshoe:

C-A

Kissed Princess Ruto. Yuck

Kissed Navi.

Eh, could have been much worse.

Ace Explorer

Had an epic battle with Ganondorf.

...Am I Link?
Well? Are we going or what?

Pierre wrote:

Kissed Navi so your wife is cheating on you with me xD

Gettin' Old!

Hijikata Tōshirō wrote:
Pierre wrote:

That's fine, it's a loveless marriage anyway, she constantly nags me to listen.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Hijikata Tōshirō wrote:
Pierre wrote:

That's fine, it's a loveless marriage anyway, she constantly nags me to listen.

Isn't that pretty much all marriages :basil: *rim shot*

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Spoiler: Zelda Birthday Game

Gave a present to Majora?

...okay.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

I just read that the Collector's Edition of Majora's Mask 3DS will have a Skull Kid Figurine in it.

Oh my God, no seriously, I am so excited about this, allow me to shit my pants with joy. Best offer ever to give me if I was planning on buying the game. I wish I had a penis so I could pleasure myself to the idea of having a Skull Kid Figurine after spending money on the game. This is so amazing!

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
I just read that the Collector's Edition of Majora's Mask 3DS will have a Skull Kid Figurine in it.

Oh my God, no seriously, I am so excited about this, allow me to shit my pants with joy. Best offer ever to give me if I was planning on buying the game. I wish I had a penis so I could pleasure myself to the idea of having a Skull Kid Figurine after spending money on the game. This is so amazing!

C-A

Well its much better than getting a Ghirahim figure thats for sure :godot:

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Hey, it convinces me. I'm a fan of Zelda, so being able to get something collectible related to the franchise is good in my book. The only thing I've got Majora related is a worn out Guide book that has seen better days.

Honestly, compared to other villains that aren't Ganondorf that Zelda has introduced, to me, Skull Kid is definitely one of the better ones. I like the manical ruthlessness he has going on. He comes off as a fun villain for me. Has more personality than Ganondorf does in most games he's in.

Vaati? His whole character is just meh. Onox? Meathead. Zant? Disappointing. Yuga? Just there. Nightmare? Not even a thing.

The only other villains I found remotely interesting were Veran and Ghirahim. The latter was more likeable though, but still.

And no, I haven't played the DS ones to completion nor do I care, so I have nothing to say on those game's villains.

I will say what I find funny though is everyone who has jumped on the Majora hype train since it's getting a remake. It's like, everyone suddenly realized how great Majora's Mask is, even though it had tons of hate before. Reminds me of how Wind Waker was received in those regards. Personally, I've liked Majora's Mask since it came out, same with Wind Waker, but maybe I'm just a weird Zelda fan.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Personally, I've liked Majora's Mask since it came out, same with Wind Waker, but maybe I'm just a weird Zelda fan.

Nothing weird about that at all, I felt the same way when I played Majora's Mask back when it was first released as well as windwaker which was one of the reasons I got a gamecube. It just makes us more of dedicated Zelda fans :redd:

Quote:
Well its much better than getting a Ghirahim figure thats for sure

I'd like to get a Ghirahim figurine! (Then I need a Skyward Link figurine and I can make them do compromising poses...)

Quote:
Honestly, compared to other villains that aren't Ganondorf that Zelda has introduced, to me, Skull Kid is definitely one of the better ones. I like the manical ruthlessness he has going on.

I'm the opposite. I find the Skull Kid to be a terrible villain. The game tries too hard, and way too early, to make me feel "sowwy fo' the poo' widdle guy~". And I'm constantly told Skull Kid did terrible terrible things, when it's revealed that Skull Kid was never fully in charge, it was always the mask.

If they want to give me a figurine of the mask, fine, but not of a villain who technically did nothing but sit there and look pretty.

Quote:
I will say what I find funny though is everyone who has jumped on the Majora hype train since it's getting a remake.

Huh. I found Majora's to be a meeeeeh game since I first played it. And I overall did not feel any sense of excitement to hear it's getting a 3DS release. I think they even changed something about how it plays... I mean, I'm guessing there's a better non-temporary way to save your game in the middle of the cycles, which is kinda cool, but I have the feeling people who played the game originally will complain about this.

Quote:
It just makes us more of dedicated Zelda fans

That's kind of a dumb idea that you HAVE to like a Zelda game, from the time you first play it or later, to be called a fan. It's like one of those really weird, overobsessed, hypocritical Zelda fans who say "You have to like EVERY Zelda game (except the CD-I games) to be called a real Zelda fan!" and then someone comes in saying that they liked Skyward and the fan explodes saying "Skyward Sucks!"
And nobody realizes the idiocy of that statement. Then again, it's dumb to think you need to play and enjoy every game in a series you've played, period. I have played majority of the Zelda games... most of them are meh for me. The only ones I really enjoy are Twilight Princess (Terrible Villain, cool Zelda) and Skyward Sword (Cool Villain, terrible Zelda)

C-A

dullahan1 wrote:
I will say what I find funny though is everyone who has jumped on the Majora hype train since it's getting a remake. It's like, everyone suddenly realized how great Majora's Mask is, even though it had tons of hate before. Reminds me of how Wind Waker was received in those regards. Personally, I've liked Majora's Mask since it came out, same with Wind Waker, but maybe I'm just a weird Zelda fan.

I'm just gonna steal a line from Jeremy "ToastyFrog" Parish here:

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap has a pretty lousy reputation among fans. Or at least it did a decade ago. It’s probably improved since then, because there are newer Zelda games to hate. The rule of Zelda fandom is that the latest game is always the worst in the series, and with each new release suddenly the ones you hated a few years ago are brilliant. Have always been brilliant. Have always been at war with Eurasia.

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
It just makes us more of dedicated Zelda fans

That's kind of a dumb idea that you HAVE to like a Zelda game, from the time you first play it or later, to be called a fan. It's like one of those really weird, overobsessed, hypocritical Zelda fans who say "You have to like EVERY Zelda game (except the CD-I games) to be called a real Zelda fan!" and then someone comes in saying that they liked Skyward and the fan explodes saying "Skyward Sucks!"
And nobody realizes the idiocy of that statement. Then again, it's dumb to think you need to play and enjoy every game in a series you've played, period. I have played majority of the Zelda games... most of them are meh for me. The only ones I really enjoy are Twilight Princess (Terrible Villain, cool Zelda) and Skyward Sword (Cool Villain, terrible Zelda)

C-A

Well actually no one ever said you just have to like a Zelda game from the first play to call yourself a dedicated. To be a dedicated fan of something means you take the time to actually follow through on every single game of the series and your dedicated enough to take the time and play almost every single game to enjoy the entire series. Anybody can have their own opinion on the game but just because you like a Zelda game because you played it when it was released doesn't make you entirely a dedicated fan.

What exactly does it matter if someone is a fan or a dedicated fan? Not being 100% dedicated to something doesn't mean you like it less - I like the Zelda series, I haven't played every single one and some of them I stopped playing mid-game because they bored me (particularly the Oracle games, too monotonous since they don't balance fighting, puzzle solving and dungeons) and I certainly don't play a Zelda game every other month or once a year... but that doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan than the next Zelda fan.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
What exactly does it matter if someone is a fan or a dedicated fan?

C-A

Because labeling others as being lesser fans than you is a great way to make you feel good about yourself. :butzthumbs:

Gettin' Old!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
What exactly does it matter if someone is a fan or a dedicated fan?

C-A

Because labeling others as being lesser fans than you is a great way to make you feel good about yourself. :butzthumbs:

And also invalidate their opinions =D

If anyone is interested, Awesome Games Done Quick (a charity event where people speedrun games) is doing Link to the Past soon. They just finished Minish Cap in little over 2 hours so maybe it's like a Zelda night? Whatever, just these things can be quite impressive and funny if anyone fancies tuning in.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap has a pretty lousy reputation among fans. Or at least it did a decade ago. It’s probably improved since then, because there are newer Zelda games to hate. The rule of Zelda fandom is that the latest game is always the worst in the series, and with each new release suddenly the ones you hated a few years ago are brilliant. Have always been brilliant. Have always been at war with Eurasia.

That's pretty funny and pretty true from what I've seen. I've never heard about the lousy reputation about Minish Cap though. News to me. I love that game, even if Vaati is underwhelming. Still, if this holds true, count me out on the Twilight Princess hype train if and when that happens. Never was too fond of it since it first came out, despite beating it twice.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

That's pretty funny and pretty true from what I've seen. I've never heard about the lousy reputation about Minish Cap though. News to me. I love that game, even if Vaati is underwhelming. Still, if this holds true, count me out on the Twilight Princess hype train if and when that happens. Never was too fond of it since it first came out, despite beating it twice.

I actually enjoyed the Minish cap as well since it was a pretty decent game. Vaati was mostly annoying for the most part but an okie boss. Why do people bash on Twlight Princess? I actually liked the whole aspect that it was darker than the other Zelda games (Besides Majora's Mask)

I believe I stated my reasons a few pages back or so. I don't hate the game, but I don't really care for it either. In short though, the game just feels all over the place in terms of design. It feels real obvious to me how certain parts of the game were done by different teams, some parts felt rushed to me compared to others, and there's just some choices that they went with that I didn't care for. The fact that Wind Waker, a game that came out years prior to Twilight Princess, has graphically aged better doesn't help it's case as far as visuals go either. I don't hate the twilight direction it went down, but the whole "dark" aspect felt forced during a couple of cutscenes, which brought me out of the fantasy the game tried to pull me into. I know it's based on how you see it, but I feel Majora's Mask pulled it off better without making it feel too forced.

That said though, there are a few positives for me. I do find the designs of the Desert dungeon, the Yeti dungeon, and Hyrule Castle (to an extent), to be very very good dungeons. While the boss fights essentially boiled down to spam the dungeon item until you win to a horrible extent, the boss of the desert dungeon happens to be my favorite in the franchise. Granted, I don't go back to play this game really, but I do have a save purposely made just for that moment. There are also a few songs I enjoy, such as Hyrule Field and Midna's Lament or whatever it's called.

I could say more, but I'm keeping in short. Just wanna say though, to me, the negatives far outweigh the bad to me, which really turns me off to this game. Granted, I'd rather play this over the 3DS games any day. It's just, I really don't find this game fun and there's really nothing motivating me into wanting to keep going.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Quote:
spam the dungeon item until you win to a horrible extent

Well, quite honestly, that is in every Zelda game. I just don't get it when someone complains about a feature in a specific Zelda game, if the same mechanic has been done in practically every Zelda game before that one. Off the top of my head, I think the first battle against Ghirahim in Skyward was the first boss battle where you didn't use Dungeon Item to damage him. It was just based on how well you used the sword.

I like TP. Granted, it has its problems and definitely feels like they tried to make Ocarina Of Time 2, without it really being a sequel. But until I heard that it was actually supposed to be like OoT, I never felt like it tried to be. Any nod I saw towards Ocarina I just thought was a reference or call-back to the game. Like in the Arbiter's Ground, where the poes steal the candle light. And yes, the battle against the Stallord was pretty awesome! I love that boss battle! I always try to prolong it, cause it's so much fun.

Problem with TP, I guess, is in its way of presenting things. I never saw the Zelda games has having much romance in them, so it feels out of place when they try to do it - and with Ilia, they failed. She's not a very interesting character, I don't know her long enough to give a damn that she got kidnapped, I'm simply going after her because that is how I progress in the game.

And Ilia has the damn Ilia Plot Tumor growing. Finding her is said to be a big goal in the game... well, okay, whatever you say. I'm just following along. They make it obvious that I'm supposed to be really, really happy that I find Ilia in Hyrule Castle Town! Well... good for me for finding her, I guess. And it's just worse when restoring her memories becomes part of progressing in the game - again!

I mean, I love the shoot-out in the Hidden Village, that was a pretty fun thing to do! But do I really need to restore Ilia's memories, too? And do they NEED to have the obligatorily-long-looking-at-each-other-while-everyone-leaves-to-leave-the-two-"lovebirds"-alone? Worst part is, I can't even SKIP that scene! Look, Nintendo: you SUCK at putting believeable romances in Zelda games. Romance has no point in a Zelda game, at least not as a plot point. You failed at it with Ilia and you failed at it with Skyward. Stop trying, it's really not worth it.

Oh and don't forget the gift I get for restoring her memories! A Horse Call! ... ... ... ...you know, at a point in the game where I basically have only the last stretch to do and have not used my horse at all anymore, since I have been capable of instantaneous teleportation to practically all over the world since about half the game ago. It just... it's a waste of inventory space! I'd rather have gotten another bottle.

Overall, I like TP. The dungeons designs were pretty neat, some of the boss fights were really fun... but it failed in the Villain department for me, Ganondorf is shoved in at the end for no good reason other than "It's a Zelda game and that means you need to fight Ganon(dorf)!" and overall the Ilia thing was a failed experiment. Also, I hated the battle music in the twilight realms. Sounds like a cacophany.

C-A

I agree, the spamming of items is pretty much in every Zelda game, but for some reason, it felt more apparent in TP. I guess to me, it was that way because the dungeon items also felt like one-time use items within their own respective dungeons. The big ones that come to mind are the dominion rod and the spinner. Outside of a couple of heart pieces and that one sidequest, those items never again get used outside the dungeon.

Going off of Twilight Princess and replaying Wind Waker, I was really amazed and forgotten how often I was still using the same items I had gotten from the previous dungeons, just in a more unique way. Like the Deku Leaf. It was used for reaching faraway switches and gliding. Then I get to a later dungeon where I combine it with Iron Boots to reach new places. Heck, the grapple hook from the first dungeon was still being used frequently throughout the game and it made for an interesting steal mechanic! It's just an example, but it's stuff like that that Twilight Princess didn't do that just bugged me. If the items were more useful, I might have liked the game more. Outside of the arrows and bombs, and maybe clawshots, nothing was really used again outside their respective dungeons.

And while I feel that Ocarina of Time suffered this here and there, it still wasn't nearly as bad as Twilight Princess. You give me cool items game, don't just chunk them off to the side and forget about them!

I couldn't find myself caring about Link's friends either. They just weren't that interesting, save for the creepy baby kid. I liked the gorons and Midna though. But the other characters were just unmemorable or bland to me. And as for Zant... I really wish Ganondorf wouldn't have been shoehorned into this game. It made Zant underwhelming because of that.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

I think Zant lost me when he revealed himself to be a winy kid. He actually was kind of a cool at first, especially with not revealing his face - but then he did and then he became a joke that just... it didn't fit. Ghirahim was cooky and goofy to begin with, so when he later had the Dance Ritual Scene, it didn't feel out of place for him to do such weird body movements while humming his own theme music. With Zant, him doing something goofy just ruins everything that he was previously... and he was overall a pretty weak villain, especially since Ganondorf WAS shoe-horned into the game for no good reason. You know, other than it's Zelda and we need Ganondorf... (if Zelda's body disappeared when she saved Midna, why was her body there at the final area?)

C-A

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

While I agree Ganondorf was shoehorned in there (they really needed to do a better job of foreshadowing his appearance), overall, I found Twilight Princess to be my favorite in the franchise so far. At least, the majority of the dungeons were done really well. Plus, Midna has to be the best sidekick in the entire series.

As for the forced romance thing, I think it might help if Link could actually talk, but since he can't, some players can't really feel a connection there between him and Ilia. I did however like how Skyward Sword actually made Link/Zelda canon, even if they could have done a better job of it.

I guess what I really want is for Nintendo to team up with BioWare for the next Zelda game so we can actually play Link as whatever alignment we want, whether it be Lawful Good trying to save Hyrule because it's the right thing to do, or Chaotic Evil trying to save Hyrule because it's Wednesday, we have nothing better to do, and if anyone's going to destroy Hyrule, it's going to be us! (plus, you'd get the option to choose your own romance path, if you choose any at all).

As a bonus, it'd be cool if you could slowing change over to Dark Link's appearance if you chose to be more of an evil character.

They made nothing canon in Skyward. Zelda has a crush on him, Link might have a crush on her, but nothing is ever really resolved. And I honestly think, if the reason for Link's actions in Skyward WAS due to loving Zelda, that the romance is terribly done because it's practically forgotten as soon as I get to the surface. I'm too busy going through dungeons and fighting and all that reminds me that my goal is to actually get Zelda is a reference that, behind this door in a dungeon, there might be Zelda... good going, you know...

I dunno, maybe it's cause I overall do not like the Princess/Knight thing (or, in Skyward's case Goddess/Mortal) but I never liked the idea of Link/Zelda as a pairing. Though I overall dislike romance put into videogames, since it's generally done in a bad way. Dating Sim games do it well, but that's because the entire genre is made up to have scenes and go on dates with characters to the point that it builds a fictional relationship that is romantic. But RPGs and Action Adventure have vastly different focal points, so shoehorning in romance is just... terrible.

If the romance is a vital part to the personality or change of a character I want to SEE the romance. I want to see it develop, I want to see WHY they love each other and why it's supposedly such a good basis for a long-lasting relationship! But they don't do that, it's just a mention and we're supposed to swallow it.

Same with Skyward. I get a 40 minute introduction phase, where I barely spend or share 10 minutes of screen-time with Zelda, I get TOLD we're childhood friends, then she gets kidnapped and I'm supposed to follow her because I love her... apparently. Maybe. Probably. I HATE it when games think I will give a crap about any fucking character if I've only seen them for about 5 minutes. I don't do that. I need time to get to KNOW a character to begin to care about them.

Which is why my hetero OTP for Skyward is LinkxPeatrice (Item Check Girl) because her entire quest involved several interactions and it was a slowly booming romance.

C-A

Troll, may I cross your bridge?

I can't help but agree with you. While I haven't actually played the game, from what I've seen the entire romance angle seems a little rushed. :ron:
I suppose that's what fanfiction's for, though.

I'm not a very romantic person at all, and am probably ranked below Edgeworth in terms of general awareness of it. I guess that's why I liked Wind Waker and Spirit Tracks so much. While Link and Zelda weren't in a relationship, Nintendo still manages to pull of a good game with them just being good friends.
But the fact that Link and Zelda are probably around ten in these games might have something to do with it...

And, in correspondence with the birthday game, I've just cloned Tingle. Goddesses help us.
Page 25 of 32 [ 1245 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station