Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 27 of 32[ 1245 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next

Re: The Legend of Zelda seriesTopic%20Title

The Chocolateholic of CR

Fierce Deity Linnk is OP!

Thank you HMK!
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

I got Fi's Lv 2 Sword. Whoo! Honestly, it was fun to beat up Link and Zelda as Fi. If the customes were reflected by opponent NPCs, I'd totally have Zelda in Skyward clothes for that one.

C-A

The Chocolateholic of CR

Young Link going Fierce Deity Link is better. :gymshoe:
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

I haven't fully finished everything in Hyrule Warriors yet, but I'd like to list my personal complaints with the game up to now...

* Camera/Lock On is horrendous! I have to press ZL to turn the camera multiple times before the game finally reacts, despite the character looking in a different direction. Similar with the L-Targeting, it always focuses on the wrong one. No, you stupid feature, do not lock onto the damn Cucco next to Ganondorf, focus on Ganondorf, I'm trying to kill him not you!

* Button On Gamepad... okay, this is the gamepad itself and not the game, but I feel like the button arrangement is terrible. I can't change my equipped Item while running, unless I take my hand off the right side and use the other hand to do so, meaning I am completely defenseless if I want to dodge or attack. Similarly, if I want to change what enemy I'm locking on (above problem) I need to use the Right Analog stick, which means I have to crank my thumb to try to attack and move the analog stick at the same time or go defenseless again because I cannot hit A for dodging or B/Y for attacking. (Maybe getting a Pro Controller will help with this? I want one but fucking hell they are expensive!)

* Zelda... I dunno I just can't get through the barrier on how to use her. Her Rapier sucks, the Dominion Rod is worse and I can't say anything about the Baton because I haven't unlocked one yet, which I generally can't since I either haven't reached the square where I can get the Level 1 Baton or I can't get a Rank A on the other Batons because I can't fight with Zelda.

* Monotony. Yeah this is weird coming from me about a Zelda game, but jeez this game is so boring and the same thing over and over. I know I should see this more as a Dynasty Warriors game with a Zelda skin instead of a Zelda Warriors game, but are the DW games really this monotonous? Go here, fight this, by the way, here's some more goals. Oh and don't forget to check everything else on the map cause we're all idiots. Which brings me to my final problem...

* The AI is bullshit! Especially the ally AI. Constantly they complain about needing help, yet when I look at them they never seem to do anything but stand there with their thumb up their ass. You know, maybe if you used that weapon you were holding, maybe you wouldn't get hit so much and constantly need my help. Thiiiiiiiink!

C-A

I haven't played in months and don't remember enough about the other stuff to comment, but Rapier Zelda is really really good (not like, Ganondorf or FD Link good, but what is?) Are you doing the weak attack x2 strong attack or weak attack x3 strong attack combos?

Got Majora's Mask today, but can't play because my friend is borrowing my 3DS to play VLR :sadshoe:

I wanna give a short review on what I think of Hyrule Warriors.
Here's the super-short gist of it: The gameplay is painfully repetitive, but there's something really addicting about this game.
For more information, read below...
Spoiler:
Story? Not very strong.
But then, I didn't expect a very strong story from this to begin with, so no big harm done. Boiled down, Cia is an evil sorceress whose love and desire for Link, and hatred for Zelda, has caused her to basically start a war because she really wants to jump Link's bones. And you basically fight war in various locations until you encounter Cia and try to get her to see sense by beating her into submission. Oh by the way, spoiler, Ganondorf becomes the major threat and villain halfway through the game. Bet you never saw that one coming. So once Ganondorf takes the stage, where you actually fight as him sometimes, too, it's the typical fight Ganondorf and Ganon and bring peace back to Hyrule.

Characters range.
I like Cia because I find her interesting. I'm not too pleased that she's just another female (villain) whose motivation is unrequited or scorned love. Seeing that as their main reason always makes me think of people honestly think women cannot do evil things unless it has basis in love to begin with... Nor am I happy to hear she was mostly possessed by Ganondorf at first. But she then tells him where he can bend himself and takes her stage as proper 1st Half Villainess. I like her, she seems to thoroughly enjoy being evil. And, of course, some of her lines towards Link can come across as pretty sexual and innuendo-ridden. But what did you expect.
Her design seems sexualized, but then she seems nowere more sexualized than any other previous Zelda character who was supposed to be sexy and/or evil.

On the other end of the aspect, we have Lana who I don't like. I find her boring, as she is nothing but good. She, too, has unrequited feelings for Link but those are unfortunately not put into the spotlight enough, meaning that her potential sadness or jealousy coming from them being a means of making her seem more than just a Goody-Goody is not used. So she's just good...
Her design and movements and actions all seem to be weird. Even for Zelda-Character-Standards. She comes across as a character who jumped out of Puella Magica that crossed over with Idolm@ster and Vocaloid. Too much of a Pop Idol vibe from her, rather than a sorceress. Though fighting as her can be pretty fun.

Volga is basically a human form of Volvagia... who, honestly, I always thought was female. So seeing the human form and it obviously being a man seems foreign to me. He doesn't have much of a presence or personality, except the hot-blooded warrior who also values a fair fight and is looking for a worthy opponent. As an opponent he's annoying since he barely shows his Weak Point (which you attack to cause massive damage eventually) and fighting as him is sort of okay.

Wizzro is evil jewelry. No, really. A far-range specific sorcerer. Not much to say about him, except he loves carnage. And fighting him can be annoying, though fighting as him can be annoying, too. And those are basically all the new characters. You have characters mostly from Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess as fighters and enemies, though you can eventually fight as all of them. Also two Majora representatives with Young Link and... Tingle.

There are some slight variations in personality and character, though. For example, Zant immediately is portrayed as a psychopathic man-child who exaggerates his reactions at times. And, fortunately, that made him more tolerable for me as he is more humorous this way, but not to the extent that he comes off as a caricature of Ghirahim. He and Ghirahim are still very different in personality and lines.

Battle in the game is practically button mashing.
Comes off as this since 95% of the enemies you fight are nothing but cannon fodder. They die practically after you hit them once. Officers, which are big enemies, are a bit tougher, then you have the Fighters, ranking from Link to Ganondorf and down to Cia and similar. The last enemies are the Giant Bosses. All of them can pretty much be killed simply by mashing your regular attacks over and over with a combo attack here or there.
Everything above cannon fodder has an attack that shows their Weak Point as a gauge and if you empty it, you deal a huge attack to them for lots of damage.

Missions are the same.
Whether you are told to "Defeat the Giant Bosses" within a certain number of minutes, "Fight as a Warrior of (Element)" or to "Defeat enemies and traitors alike", you basically are in one of the 13 maps and are told to fight things until they die. Very repetitive, but as already said, it's still kinda addictive.

The Ally and Enemy AI... is idiotic.
Your allies are pointless and basically stand around and do little else than just standing there, looking pretty. They sometimes fight, but ultimately do so little damage, your basically a One Man/Woman Show. You do everything. Your allies can do something off and on, but it's ultimately faster if you do it.
Fortunately, the enemy AI is just as dumb. They stand around or advance towards you, but don't attack immediately. Some do, others don't, but mostly the cannon fodder just waits for you to hit them and the officers need a second or two before deciding to attack you, otherwise they just block.
Both sides are idiots, so at the very least it's balanced.

DLC is plentiful.
DLC ranges from giving you characters like Twili Midna, Tingle and Young Link as fighters, new weapons that include Epona, the Spinner from Twilight Princess, joke-appearance weapons that are 8-Bit in appearance but that's really all that's worth noting about them since it's basically a stupid looking Level 3 weapon, and new Adventure Maps to fight on... and costumes that, for the most part, are just changing the color of the character's clothes.
The DLC is good, but nowhere near great.

The issue with the Adventure Maps is that, well, they are basically the regular Adventure Map again, but with different labels for the missions and unfortunately, badly balanced. The Twilight Princess Map is especially terrible. While it's intended for high-level characters from 150 onward, the difficulty is not properly done. Enemies are not actually smarter, there's no better difficulty set in the missions, enemies just hit you like a truck and you take a lot of damage. The other issue is that the maps add "Rules" to fight. Like "No Healing", "Speed Run" meaning you need to complete a mission within 15 minutes or even "Don't Get Hit". Half of those rules don't make a lick of difference, since in order to get an A Rank on a mission, you need your time to be under 15 Minutes so the Speed Run doesn't matter or, similar to the Twilight Map, the rules don't alter difficulty or are not balanced. Especially the Don't Get Hit does not mean you have to be any more clever in fighting, it means you either dodge a whole lot or just use a potion that allows you to use a powered up Bow & Arrow constantly to not just halt enemies but also damage them every time you use it.

The DLC weapons are nice enough, but not any better than the in-game ones. Speaking of in-game weapons... there's a heavy emphasis on Link getting multiple weapons. Having him use a regular sword and the Master Sword is, of course, a given. But he also has a pair of Gauntlets as a weapon, Epona and the Spinner from DLC (the latter from placing an Amiibo on the gamepad) and the Great Fairy, which is technically a new character herself and not Link fighting. It's sad as other characters seem sadly un-armed in comparison and feels like there's lost potential in them.

Character Levels.
The maximum level of your fighters used to be 99. Then a patch came out and raised it to 150 and now it's even higher, up to 255. And you have pretty much 20 fighters that you can level up to that height. One extra, if you count Ganon in the Ganon's Fury DLC. So if you want all of them to be decently leveled or even high enough to manage things on the Twilight Map, there is a lot of grinding going on.

Fortunately, there's a Rupee Glitch that gives you the maximum of 9.999.999 Rupees after a finished mission, which allows you to simply use the Trainin Dojo, where you use money to level up your characters. This does considerably cut down in the amount of time for grinding, though you are restricted in that you can only increase the level up to your highest leveled character. Still helpful, as you only have to concern yourself with getting 1 Character up to 255 and not over ten times that amount.

I was originally going to avoid using said glitch, but after seeing the time leveling took and having to do that for so many characters, I decided it's best to use it. It's practically mandatory to use, unless you are a player who really, really enjoys grinding and doesn't mind spending hours on getting multiple characters up to higher levels.

Overall it's a pretty fun game. Very repetitive in its gameplay and DLC, which could be done better, and it really needs some mechanical changes. But definitely worth at least a shot. I started this off saying that the game is pretty addictive despite its flaws and it really is. I am nowhere near getting one character up to the highest level up to now, but I am keeping at it and know the rest will follow, even if it's basically with in-game money.
The game needs some good overhauls and improvements, though, the least being more map locations as you only have about 13 of them and you re-use the same locations over and over. And do something about the music. For some reason, I can't stand the remixes in this game for more than a few minutes before I have to mute it.

C-A

Do you see the black one...or the white?

The only weapon I could get into for Zelda was her baton, can't stand the rapier, but everyone has preferences. I'm personally a fan of Lana and her spellbook myself.

Also Cat I agree that the game is repetitive,but very addicting. While it starts off as a button masher, going into harder missions forces you to adapt strategies other than button mashing. Going in with the same mentality you had in story mode for adventure mode will get you killed in the harder missions, especially the dlc maps. 2 player is fun though.

I admit I came into this game with very low expectations so I found myself surprised with all the fun I had.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
The only weapon I could get into for Zelda was her baton, can't stand the rapier, but everyone has preferences. I'm personally a fan of Lana and her spellbook myself.

Also Cat I agree that the game is repetitive,but very addicting. While it starts off as a button masher, going into harder missions forces you to adapt strategies other than button mashing. Going in with the same mentality you had in story mode for adventure mode will get you killed in the harder missions, especially the dlc maps. 2 player is fun though.

I admit I came into this game with very low expectations so I found myself surprised with all the fun I had.

"Repetitive but very addicting" = Basically the premise of the Warriors franchise.

I couldn't stand the baton for Zelda, but I felt the Rapier was amazing!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Both are okay for me. The baton is kinda fun, but it has the terrible disadvantage that Zelda is stationary when attacking with it. Which is bad when she's surrounded by enemies or there are bombchus moving past her that she needs to stop. Like in her Baton Level 3 quest. Which I found easier than her Level 2 one... the rapier is neat cause it is good with single, its crowd control being lacking. I do like how her combos change whether you use light orbs or don't.

Dullahan, I've been dabbling in all Maps except the Termina one, and I can do just fine with majority of button mashing here and there. I don't have much strategy beyond "Go here, do this, wait this needs attention? Run over there. Ignore the f***ing Cockos being dicks." and similar. Though I have to say, I hate the "Learn Balanced Attacks" maps on the Twilight Map. It's stupid since none of the characters have regular attacks that hit two (or three) enemies in front of them at once, so you basically just run around, filling up your special meter to use special attacks on them over and over until they die.

I have to say, I'm glad that unlocking costumes does not require an A Rank. That would annoy me even more.
Though I'd really like proper costume changes. Considering the vastness of Zelda characters created to date, you could have a good chunk of them! Like Twili Midna could get a Vaati inspired one. Or even Veran. Give Ruto a PROPER dress and not just spraypaint her legs dark blue and call her Lulu. Impa alone could get at least 3 proper costumes, including the red-white habit wearing appearance she has in the older games.

C-A

Link using Lana's Summoning Gate
I'm not sure what's funnier, Link prancing around like Lana or his "singing" of his theme. :basil:

C-A

Hyrule Warriors for 3DS

At least two new characters that can be ported to the WiiU version in some way

Spoiler: Characters
Tetra (yay) and King of Red Lions (...interesting choice)

let the "the king of hyrule is a jerk" memes re-commence

Yay. Allow me to jump up and down with joy at the news of this.
I've already got at least 2 games for the 3DS I wanna buy before I would even consider that one, not to mention that I think I need to buy a fresh 3DS, anyway, because this one is starting to lose its L-Button function. (It still works, but at times I have to press several times before it reacts) Also, the only way I would buy Hyrule Warriors 3DS is with the following changes...

A) any talk of LinkxZelda or even hints gets removed
B) Lana gets removed
C) Cia becomes the official love interest and does not get defeated
D) Ganondorf, Zant, Tingle, Young Link, Darunia, Ruto and Impa get removed
E) More costume selections
F) AND BY THAT I DO NOT MEAN MORE COLOR SWAPS, NINTENDO!!
G) Zelda WiiU Link outfit for Link, I want that ponytail!
H) Zelda may get a re-design
I) More enemy and ally designs
J) More Map locations
K) Better balance and not shit like the Twilight Map, learn how to make the game difficult WITHOUT making enemies hit like fucking trucks, even at Level 255!
L) an option for original soundtrack and not the guitar-remixes
M) Alternatively, option to play own music and mute this game's background music because I get sick of it

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Hyrule Warriors for 3DS

I see they're doing that "multiple playable partners on the battlefield" thing from Samurai Warriors 3DS. It was a cool thing but it gave them an excuse to make the game really hard that time.

Glad to see Tetra in, and I'm always thrilled to have more WindWaker remixes to enjoy.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Hyrule Warriors for 3DS

Saw this yesterday. I think it's hilarious that the King just turns into a boat and smacks people with his wooden body. Glad to see WW getting some love.

Am I the only one who still thinks this game needs Groose? You put the bug girl Agitha from Twilight Princess that hardly anyone remembered!
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Quote:
Am I the only one who still thinks this game needs Groose? You put the bug girl Agitha from Twilight Princess that hardly anyone remembered!

I remember Agitha well - maybe cause I ship her with Link. (A better pairing than with Ilia!) As for Groose, I dunno, it'd be cliché to put him in. Plus, he strikes me as the type who wouldn't be a good fighter in confrontation with Ghirahim or Ganondorf. He talks big but doesn't do much. (Even the Groosenator wasn't much in my eyes) Plus his eyes are TERRIFYING!

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

I remember Agitha well - maybe cause I ship her with Link. (A better pairing than with Ilia!) As for Groose, I dunno, it'd be cliché to put him in. Plus, he strikes me as the type who wouldn't be a good fighter in confrontation with Ghirahim or Ganondorf. He talks big but doesn't do much. (Even the Groosenator wasn't much in my eyes) Plus his eyes are TERRIFYING!

C-A

Cat. They put in Tingle. They put in Fi, who before was nothing but a sword on her own. And now they're putting in a fighting boat. Groose would fit right in as a fighter. And honestly, he's not as cliche as say, putting in Tingle. Besides, as of now, the game has 2 Links, essentially 2 Zeldas, and 2 Midnas. As odd as the game is, I still think Groose would fit right in.

And you wanna talk about terrifying? Play as Tingle. He's constantly rubbing his big butt in the screen the whole time you play. At least I'm not subject to look at Groose's eyes the whole time I'm playing.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

No thanks, there's a REASON that Tingle and Young Link are still Level 1 with me.
Besides, Fi being added makes sense - yes, she's a sword. She's a weapon, it makes sense for her to be in a fighting game. If they removed Fi, I'd expect them to remove Ghirahim, too. It's that Groose comes across as a coward. And on an entirely personal note, I hate how people seem to love Groose. Why? He's nothing special! He's the same bully-who-becomes-nice stick that's been done for decades.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
I'd expect them to remove Ghirahim, too.

sounds good to me, his attack strings are absolute garbage anyway

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

That's what I thought originally, but then I got the hang of it. The one person I just cannot get used to is Zant - and that's cause his movement is erradic (Ghirahim's is somewhat, too, but his has a rhythm to it) and that stupid mechanic of the Twilit Meter is just a really dumb invention to not use him for button mashing. They should've made him NOT act like a button masher if they have to add such a dumb restriction.

C-A

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

I second this. Not knocking on the character himself, but he and Zant are the ones I despise playing the most.

As for Young Link, he can get downright abusive if used right. His magic is downright abusive to the point I think he's too overpowered. He's probably my favorite out of all the DLC characters.

As for who I prefer, of course Link with his sword, Lana with her book, and Sheik.

I don't mind Impa with her Naginata, Agitha, Zelda with her Wind Waker, and Ruto.

Everyone else just doesn't do it for me.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Zelda's Baton is cool with its string, but it has the issue of being slow and leaving her immobile.
Her rapier has the opposite, she's fast, but the strings aren't good.

And as said, Ghirahim took me getting used to. I like using him now, especially when I realized how using his strong attack resulted in changing his combos slightly. Kind of a killer machine. As for the others, I kinda enjoy Lana with the book, her spear is okay, too, but I hate it because I had to redo the Lvl 3 Spear mission several times due to B Ranks (Screw you, Cuccos!!) and I absolutely LOVE using Cia!

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Zelda's Baton is cool with its string, but it has the issue of being slow and leaving her immobile.
Her rapier has the opposite, she's fast, but the strings aren't good.

And as said, Ghirahim took me getting used to. I like using him now, especially when I realized how using his strong attack resulted in changing his combos slightly. Kind of a killer machine. As for the others, I kinda enjoy Lana with the book, her spear is okay, too, but I hate it because I had to redo the Lvl 3 Spear mission several times due to B Ranks (Screw you, Cuccos!!) and I absolutely LOVE using Cia!

C-A

I think Zelda is SUPER fun with the rapier.

I can't really enjoy the Wind Waker though, feels too slow.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Both are fun to use, I'd say I like the Baton a bit more but its lack of speed and Zelda being immobile while using it is a pretty bad disadvantage.
I remember her Baton Lvl 2 quest... that one was HARDER than the Lvl 3 one!

C-A

Yeah, I could never get used to Zelda's rapier. I tried. I admit her Wind Waker is slow, but it's really the only weapon I'll use if I have to use her. I just don't care for her other weapons.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Yeah, I could never get used to Zelda's rapier. I tried. I admit her Wind Waker is slow, but it's really the only weapon I'll use if I have to use her. I just don't care for her other weapons.

I can't get used to the Dominion Rod. I only used it once or twice because I wanted to try it out and I had the TP DLC, mostly for outfits and Midna, but somehow I can't get my head around it. I have heard others say that it's a great weapon and I do keep some good versions of it around, but for the most part I just don't use it. (Similar to the Great Fairy. Slow as fuck, she's so huge it blocks the screen and I can't see what I'm doing... I did the quests for it and all, but jeez...)

C-A

I've felt worse.

I finished Wind Waker recently, only several years late. The short version is: I liked the first half, but disliked the second half.
Spoiler: long ass-post containing more detailed opinions
I'll give the game credit, this is the first Zelda game where I actually felt invested in following Link's growth. Kid starts out as a lazy island dweller until his sister gets kidnapped, then utterly fails at a rescue attempt, only to get back up and obtain the power he needs, that actually left some sort of impact on me, compared to... every other Link.
Starting out with sailing wasn't too bad at first, the boat responded like I'd expect a boat to move, and there appeared to be numerous minor points of interest along the sea.
The fire temple wasn't much, but I wasn't expecting much from a first dungeon.
Forbidden Woods I liked, thanks to the Deku Leaf. Although, entering the dungeon took me a whole hour because I didn't notice the second grappling hook pole.
Arriving at the giant fish's island to find it destroyed was surprising, it further cemented how much of a threat Ganondorf was.
Sailing from Windfall to Outset SUCKED. At first, I thought I could just sail north and loop around the world, but apparently the great sea doesn't cover the whole world. Okay fine, I'll just sail across the entire length of the ocean in ten minutes (maybe less, but it felt like ten minutes), with absolutely nothing in between, all while the eternal night persisted. What was the point of that? I can see that as Ganondorf issuing an ultimatum (deliver the triforce pieces or the stormy night persists) but he didn't seem to act upon it.
Tower of the Gods was alright, I guess, but for a place called Tower of the Gods I was expecting a bit more than what we got.
Yes, I'll admit, returning to Forsaken Fortress was awesome, but then the game went downhill.
Starting with the Earth Temple, apparently Medli just accepts that she has leave her entire life and devote herself to serving the gods. Then she requires that you control her with the Wind Waker for her to actually do something. That sounds like some serious self-esteem issues, but I doubt that was the intended point. I wouldn't have minded the not-that-scary atmosphere of the temple if constantly switching to Medli didn't require conducting the same tune again and again AND AGAIN. Why not just use a temporary item so switching could be done in a single button press? And after all that attempt at being scary, the boss fight just decides to be as silly as possible.
Wind Temple wasn't as bad, but the boss was disappointing. A giant flying sandworm chooses to fight you by staying in the sand 90% of the time while opening its mouth. Real intimidating.
Chances are, everything I'm about to say about the Triforce hunt has already been said, but I'll say it anyway: I like the idea of Link having to gain the Triumph Fork Triforce of Courage himself, rather than being destined from the start, but this entire section was FRAKING POINTLESS. Link cleared the Tower of the Gods specifically to gain access to the sunken Hyrule, and now he needs a piece of the Triforce to enter? Why does he need it anyway? At most, all this accomplished was delivering the Triforce of courage directly to Ganondorf. Why hide the charts in several mini-dungeons, instead of just one dungeon? This whole section is forced sidequesting. Even worse, someone within Hyrule apparently decided that it was perfectly fine to hide the triforce pieces on the bottom of the ocean floor, also known as HYRULE FIELD, GANONDORF'S DOMAIN. That said, if this was an optional thing needed for a true ending, I wouldn't have minded it.
Finally coming back to Hyrule, the King decided that the best protection he could afford for Zelda was a single stone statue. That will totally stop a powerful mage. Also, that room was airtight. Maybe the Triforce of Wisdom generates its own oxygen?
Part one of Ganon's Tower was unneeded. Part two was okay. Puppet Ganon felt pointless. The final fight was awesome, but the mirror shield tactic shouldn't have worked. Ganondorf was watching Zelda fire the light arrow at the mirror, he had no reason to not dodge it.
Also, the pirates seemed to have forgotten to return Aryll to Outset Island until the end. Dicks.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Quote:
it further cemented how much of a threat Ganondorf was.

Oh no! Ganondorf has destroyed an island where nobody was living on, Jabun having left the island before he could steal the pearl! What a horrible, monstrous thing of Ganondorf to do! I will never underestimate Ganondorf's truly horrible deeds, ever again! No seriously. How the fuck did the island make you think Ganny was a threat? Nobody was hurt there.

Quote:
This whole section is forced sidequesting

Game padding to give it more time and to release it shortly before Christmas, so it'll sell like hot cakes.

Quote:
I like the idea of Link having to gain the Triumph Fork Triforce of Courage himself, rather than being destined from the start

You know, this makes me think... that could actually be a bit of a cool idea. Link is not owner or immediately accepted by the Gods (or Goddesses, depending on the game) and has to prove himself worthy of wielding the Triforce piece. Like, things he does in the game count for him and after doing so many good deeds that involved him being courageous - or getting more courageous - he ends up summoning/calling the Triforce piece to him. Heck, make helping NPCs be the key! At least that way, I have a damn reason to talk to the moving furniture of the world!

Quote:
Also, the pirates seemed to have forgotten to return Aryll to Outset Island until the end. Dicks.

Maybe she liked the pirate life? I will say, I wonder how their grandmother took the news. You know full well that she was mopey and ill from worry when you return to Outset. Yes, you give her a fairy to cheer her up and she tries harder, but... wouldn't she still be worried? It'd be a cute thing if there was a mention that Aryll sent regular letters to her grandmother post-rescue.

Or do it like Earthbound, with Ness' homesickness! Have Link look longingly at mailboxes when he's on an island, obviously thinking he should write a letter to his grandmother. In Earthbound, if you didn't call home for a long enough time, Ness would be struck with the status "Homesickness" and it could result in him not doing something in-battle, because he's thinking of home. Calling mom "healed" it. I wouldn't say make Link incapable of swinging a sword, I know that would become an ANNOYING feature immediately, but just... something that makes him seem more human.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
Oh no! Ganondorf has destroyed an island where nobody was living on, Jabun having left the island before he could steal the pearl! What a horrible, monstrous thing of Ganondorf to do! I will never underestimate Ganondorf's truly horrible deeds, ever again! No seriously. How the fuck did the island make you think Ganny was a threat? Nobody was hurt there.

So lets get hypothetical to explain it: An all-powerful being has been shunned by the one he loves, greek-myth style. In his fury he reaches down and grabs a skyscraper, it's the middle of the night and it's only patrolled from the outside. In his power he then rips the skyscraper from the ground, crushes it and throws it into the ocean.

No one was hurt, but it's not for lack of trying it's for random chance.

It's not about whether he ACTUALLY hurts people it's about his CAPACITY to hut people. Destroying an island to that extent indicates Ganondorf has power on par with a natural disaster. Sure it was uninhabited at the time but that's just luck, he could have easily chosen Outset island to destroy if it had been the source of his frustrations.

Quote:
Even worse, someone within Hyrule apparently decided that it was perfectly fine to hide the triforce pieces on the bottom of the ocean floor, also known as HYRULE FIELD, GANONDORF'S DOMAIN.

Hey don't be cruel, puzzles are hard for some people.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Quote:
It's not about whether he ACTUALLY hurts people it's about his CAPACITY to hut people

Considering Wind Waker also says that Ganondorf's power returned BECAUSE I pulled out the Master Sword, when Ganny has apparently already been active and capable of pulling this type of shit BEFORE I pull the damn sword out, I'm not trusting them from being capable of showing me what Ganny is actually capable of to begin with.

Same with Demise in Skyward. So, if he makes it to the temple as the Imprisoned, we're all doomed. Cause Zelda's there, whatever. How about showing us a Bad Future event? Like, because he made it to the temple, you see the same temple, but maybe days or years after Demise's ascent to power, in absolute shambles and corpses lying all over the place? Just... show me a CONSEQUENCE of not doing something.

And Ocarina of Time doesn't count because A) I have already explained how that fuckery makes no sense and B) his ascent to power there didn't kill off any of the annoying NPCs in castle town. The only on-screen death we see is a freaking guard and you have to LOOK for him.

C-A

Anyone can kill a bunch of people. Not everyone can blow up an island by themselves.

Zelda is still a Nintendo series, and Nintendo isn't going to showcase a villain's power by showing you a pile of corpses.

If the Imprisoned makes it to Zelda, Link fails his quest. Why do you need to know or see any more than that? It's the same as if Link fails any other way. Do you need a Bad End sequence every time you get killed by a random Bokoblin or lose your last heart accidently stepping off too high a cliff?

Quote:
If the Imprisoned makes it to Zelda, Link fails his quest. Why do you need to know or see any more than that? It's the same as if Link fails any other way. Do you need a Bad End sequence every time you get killed by a random Bokoblin or lose your last heart accidently stepping off too high a cliff?

I did, in Zelda II. Sure, it was only Ganon's silhouette and a statement saying "Return of Ganon". It at least IMPLIED that something terrible happened - ie. Ganon returns and, given what we may remember from the previous game, Ganny back meant bad for Hyrule.

Well, maybe corpses is too much. But maybe just a ravaged, desolate area that was once the Sealed Temple. Heck, maybe go so far as to show Zelda's hair accessory on the floor. Or the bracelet she wore. Considering you don't even know why the Imprisoned making it to the temple is the issue that causes you to lose the game, it might be a neat way to foreshadow. Or even show the desolate landscape and Fi's voice over (or just a text box) saying, "The Hero had failed the Goddess in his quest..." or something.

You know, like Chrono Trigger with Lavos appearing and the statement "But the future refused to change..."

I admit, I'm among the first who hates longer Game Over screens, especially in games like Final Fantasy, when there's the long cutscenes prior to fighting a tough boss, but at least SOMETHING would be nice. Not just, "Whup! Death approaches!"

C-A

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Not to change the subject, but I was wondering what it'd be like if there was a game where the roles were reversed. Like, say Link is so gung ho about his role as protector that Hyrule has become an Orwellian society, and you play as Ganondorf who's trying to gain power in order to overthrow the oppressor. Along the way, you have to "kidnap" Zelda and convince her to defect over to your side.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Do you need a Bad End sequence every time you get killed by a random Bokoblin or lose your last heart accidently stepping off too high a cliff?

It's never an accident when I play. =)
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

TheDoctor wrote:
Not to change the subject, but I was wondering what it'd be like if there was a game where the roles were reversed. Like, say Link is so gung ho about his role as protector that Hyrule has become an Orwellian society, and you play as Ganondorf who's trying to gain power in order to overthrow the oppressor. Along the way, you have to "kidnap" Zelda and convince her to defect over to your side.

Fans have been having that AU idea for years. I doubt Nintendo will do it, though, considering this whole timeline thing they coughed up and curse they produced. Only way they would do it where Ganny is the "Good guy" is if the big revelation is that Link is possessed by the spirit that makes Ganny evil in most games. And it'll end with beating the possession out of Link and putting it into Ganny... and then you'll fight Ganny, because it's a goddamn Zelda game.

Quote:
dullahan1 wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Do you need a Bad End sequence every time you get killed by a random Bokoblin or lose your last heart accidently stepping off too high a cliff?

Pffff, 50 meter drop, I can survive this-SPLAT! ...crap. :ron:

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Pffff, 50 meter drop, I can survive this-SPLAT! ...crap. :ron:

C-A

My Skyward Sword playthrough in a nutshell. =)
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker: Wait, my boat is the King of Hyrule? Tetra is Princess Zelda? And the ocean is Hyrule after it's been flooded?

Can someone, please, explain to me how that is in any form, shape or way a spoiler or plot twist? It is not a twist or shock! You know why? BECAUSE THE GODDAMN GAME SPELLED IT OUT TO YOU IN THE GODDAMN, UNSKIPPABLE SCROLL-OPENING! It flat out tells you, because the Gods were sick of the Hylians constantly asking them to help them and give them the Hero back, the Gods went "Screw this" and flooded Hyrule. How is this a spoiler for anyone?!

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker: Wait, my boat is the King of Hyrule? Tetra is Princess Zelda? And the ocean is Hyrule after it's been flooded?

Can someone, please, explain to me how that is in any form, shape or way a spoiler or plot twist? It is not a twist or shock! You know why? BECAUSE THE GODDAMN GAME SPELLED IT OUT TO YOU IN THE GODDAMN, UNSKIPPABLE SCROLL-OPENING! It flat out tells you, because the Gods were sick of the Hylians constantly asking them to help them and give them the Hero back, the Gods went "Screw this" and flooded Hyrule. How is this a spoiler for anyone?!

C-A

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JX5Tp4sZbFQ
Spelled out, you say?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

Also I'd say at a push the opening only spoils the ocean bit. Nothing I remember about Tetra or the King of Red Lions
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Also I'd say at a push the opening only spoils the ocean bit. Nothing I remember about Tetra or the King of Red Lions

My post was specifically referring to the whole flood and Hyrule thing, not the Tetra and KoRL thing. Hence why I bolded that part. :ron:
(Though, I personally think Tetra = Zelda was kinda obvious, mostly because she just looked so much like Sheik)

C-A
Page 27 of 32 [ 1245 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station