Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 3 of 32[ 1245 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next

Re: The Legend of Zelda seriesTopic%20Title

The Zelda Geek

Well, SS is supose to take place way, WAY before OoT. This game's story will pretty much explain, establish, and reveal stuff about Hyrule's past.

I cannot wait. This trailer is by far the best of all the SS trailers. I just keep watching it over and over again. And everytime I watch it, I get even more exited.

Je voudrais une anana, s'il vous plait.

ToonBlade wrote:
Well, SS is supose to take place way, WAY before OoT. This game's story will pretty much explain, establish, and reveal stuff about Hyrule's past.

I cannot wait. This trailer is by far the best of all the SS trailers. I just keep watching it over and over again. And everytime I watch it, I get even more exited.

Yeah that's true. And apparently this is THE Zelda/Link game...all the shippers must be partying haha.
"Dilon mein tum apne betabiyaan leke chal rahe ho, toh zinda ho tum..."
"If you carry impatience in your heart, you are alive..."

My childhood right here

PhoenixFlower16 wrote:
ToonBlade wrote:

Yeah that's true. And apparently this is THE Zelda/Link game...all the shippers must be partying haha.

Pfft. So was Minish Cap. But thirty seconds into the game and you get friend-zoned.
Shippers be warned.

Steel Turnabout wrote:
PhoenixFlower16 wrote:
ToonBlade wrote:

Pfft. So was Minish Cap. But thirty seconds into the game and you get friend-zoned.
Shippers be warned.

Haha trust me on this one. The shippers won't be let down this time...

Hey, any people who strongly ship?? Personally, I don't have much of an opinion on who Link ends up with. My two best friends do...one of them LOVES Midna/Link and the other LOVES Zelda/Link but they both agree that realistically, according to the timeline, Link ends up with Malon in OoT.
If we're talking about anyone from the games, I guess I'd go with Ilia/Link...why not..

(ALTHOUGH I'D MUCH PREFER ME/LINK) :sparkly-maggey:

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Marin is the only girl I'd even remotely go for as she has been the only girl in the games so far to where it hinted that Link had a crush on so far. The fact that she's capable of being violent to cuccos adds a point in my book.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Link/Marin was probably my first ship ever and it's still one of my favorites. Link/Midna wasn't too shabby, either.

Oddly enough, I never really cared for Link/Zelda until Spirit Tracks, and even then it was still a distant third. Skyward Sword Link/Zelda looks like it could be cute, though.

Poop joke

Ah yes Zelda.
Brings back many memories of failing to kill Gohma as a young child.
Ocarina of Time was actually one of the first games I've played so I cherish those kinds of memories.
When I got OoT 3D it was like I was 7 again.

My childhood right here

Holy boner Four Swords Anniversary Edition is awesome. Extra levels, retro levels, badassery, etc.
I say, get it. GET IT NOW. (Fuck yea for getting my DSi connected to the internet finally!)

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

My brother has had it since it came out... Multiplayer is lots of lulz.

Hopefully I can get my own 3DS before February...

Visit my site! It's running smoothly. Just needs content!

My childhood right here

AABattery wrote:
My brother has had it since it came out... Multiplayer is lots of lulz.

Hopefully I can get my own 3DS before February...

I swear to God if my brother sacrifices me in the middle of a boss fight to get a blue rupee one more time I'll KICK HIS ASS.

The Zelda Geek

Skyward Sword.

Nintendo has been releasing so many trailers.

And I'm only getting more excited by the second!!!

ToonBlade wrote:
Skyward Sword.

Nintendo has been releasing so many trailers.

And I'm only getting more excited by the second!!!

Yep! And there's going to be a press conference on October 27th I think. Reggie Fils-Aime is going to talk mainly about Skyward Sword with some stuff about the 3DS.

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

I pre-ordered the Skyward Sword collectors edition 2 days ago... Now I just need to get the money for it... :\
Visit my site! It's running smoothly. Just needs content!

On a side note, I've always wondered why the Water Temple in OoT is so hated. I've personally always loved the place and I've never found it difficult. In fact, I'm a bit annoyed in OoT 3D how they were trying to make all the solutions in that place obvious. Really?
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

It's not really so much "difficult" as "tedious and annoying."

Having to constantly open the equipment menu to wear/remove the Iron Boots sucks.

Missing something on one of the floors and being forced to go back to the "water reset" points to cycle through all the water levels until you get the one you want also sucks.

Swimming in 3D games like OoT generally sucks anyway.

But at least the music is nice...

My childhood right here

AABattery wrote:
I pre-ordered the Skyward Sword collectors edition 2 days ago... Now I just need to get the money for it... :\

Best birthday gift I've ever gotten, that pre-order slip my friends gave me, saying "Just wait until Christmas or so and you'll get the REAL gift."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Swimming in 3D games like OoT generally sucks anyway.

True that. Honestly though, I found the swimming controls in Majora's Mask for the Zora to be some of the most fluid and best swimming controls I've played in a 3D game. If they did swimming like that more often, I'd find swimming in games a lot more fun.

About the menu thing, I agree with you there. Whenever I tackled the Water Temple though, I always went through a system. I'd work through one floor at a time, going through each cardinal direction, then move to the next floor, even as I filled up the place, I'd do it over to see if anything changed and overall, it worked well for me. I think my first time, my only problem was not finding the key in the central tower.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

I'm just here for the Butterbeer.

GAH SKYWARD SWORD, MUST HAVE IT. My bro pre-ordered that special edition so I'm really looking forward to it.

Also, I still regret not being quick enough to buy a ticket for the 25th Anniversary Zelda Concert in LA. ARGH, it would've been so awesome, and it would've worked as a birthday gift for me. Oh well, at least the special edition will have the concert CD.

The Zelda Geek

Aaaaand, Nintendo keeps revealing these trailers centered around different areas betweeen the game. Everytime I see anew trailer, I get even more excited!

I cannot wit until it comes out!

Skyward Sword is coming out in 21 days. GET. HYPE!

The Zelda Geek

21 DAYS!!!!!

So. Cloooose....!!

Too bad my Wii decided to stop working all of a sudden.... :sadshoe:

Apollon Flame

Guess who preordered the limited edition bundle~
A King

in name

alone...

Special edition GET!
Skyward Sword is so fun =v= The wii motion plus makes all the swordfighting super-fun and I feel like Zelda and Link have much more... I dunno, "character" to them. ALSO I HAZ ORCHESTRA CD AND IT MAKES ME HAPPY. 8D
EVERYONE GO GET THIS GAME GOGOGO

The Zelda Geek

...... Why, oh why did my Wii had to break down at a time like this.....?! :sadshoe:

Anyways, what are you guys' opinions on the game? If you already have it that is.

My childhood right here

Jade wrote:
Special edition GET!
Skyward Sword is so fun =v= The wii motion plus makes all the swordfighting super-fun and I feel like Zelda and Link have much more... I dunno, "character" to them. ALSO I HAZ ORCHESTRA CD AND IT MAKES ME HAPPY. 8D
EVERYONE GO GET THIS GAME GOGOGO

NNNYYYEEEERRRRRRGGGGGG SATURDAYYYYY CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

FINE

GAAAAAAAAAAAAHH SO JEALOUS

I want the special edition so bad.

I can't play the game without wiimote plus

ToonBlade wrote:
...... Why, oh why did my Wii had to break down at a time like this.....?! :sadshoe:

This... oh, so much this. I've played Windwaker on my Wii just two days before I got Skyward Sword, and suddenly it wouldn't read any of my discs!

Well, luckily, there's another Wii in my household, which I've borrowed. So far I am loving the game, although I am not loving the fact that each region aren't connected to each other. It makes the game feel a bit too linear, when compared to the other Zelda games, and it takes away a great part of what Zelda games are all about: exploration.
On the other hand, the gameplay works perfectly for me, the story so far has been the most interesting in a Zelda game yet, and there are plenty of sidequest, where some of them are even as detailed as the ones from MM! So yeah, awesome game.
Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

1000% Knight

Maybe it's just me, but the controls don't seem to be as exact as they want them to be...
Spoiler: first boss
Battling Ghirahim right off the bat was unexpected xD Ugh, he was annoying, though. I DID have my sword in one position, then moved my wiimote to another position before attacking, but it just attacked without moving the sword! And when he teleported near me, and I had to attack him from a direction he didn't have his sword in... All I had time to do was register that he was there and swing, not check where his sword was and make sure that I attacked in that right direction it. (And most of the time I DO try to attack slanted or vertical, it just does a horizontal swing anyway >_>).

Also that running dash attack was super-annoying. *sigh*
EDIT: Apparently, you can just shield bash the running dash attack. Whoops. xD

Also, breakable shields = T_T

Still it's a really good game. It probably sounds like I like the game a lot less than I actually do xD
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
Battling Ghirahim right off the bat was unexpected xD Ugh, he was annoying, though. I DID have my sword in one position, then moved my wiimote to another position before attacking, but it just attacked without moving the sword! And when he teleported near me, and I had to attack him from a direction he didn't have his sword in... All I had time to do was register that he was there and swing, not check where his sword was and make sure that I attacked in that right direction it. (And most of the time I DO try to attack slanted or vertical, it just does a horizontal swing anyway >_>).

Also that running dash attack was super-annoying. *sigh*
EDIT: Apparently, you can just shield bash the running dash attack. Whoops. xD

I pretty much froze when I realized he was the first boss. I was like "WAIT NO, WHAT AM I DOING, I'M SO DEAD." I thought the technique of fooling him with the sword position was incredibly brilliant, though there were a couple times when I would be switching my sword position and the game would go "Oh you wanna swing? -SWING-" and I'm like "Noooooooo >:[ "
When he does the running dash, I found it easy just to move a little to the side and slash at him like crazy. That's pretty much where I got most of my hits in.

I'm really loving that there's a lot to do back at Skyloft too. Of course, you're the town's errand boy as always, but it's fun to walk around and start hearing rumors about different events. Also there's a ghost-sounding thing in the knight academy bathroom demanding paper. I don't even. Oh but about that quest...
Spoiler: not a big spoiler, but if you don't wanna know how the sidequests go...
I guess there's two options for it?
See, one of Groose's goons writes a love letter to that Karane girl and when the guy says, "It's paper...," Link's immediate reaction is to go >____> *screen pans to bathroom* I cracked up so hard.
But here you have two options: you can deliver the love letter like he asks, and Karane will tell you she's not interested. Pipit gets wind of it and interrupts the two to confess his love, so Karane and Pipit start dating and the other poor kid goes off crying. If you try to deliver the letter to the toilet spirity thing afterward, it just says "nevermiiiind about the paper" and disappears.

My brother tried giving the paper directly to the toilet spirit and IT'S A HAND COMING OUT OF THE TOILET. WHAT. Anyways, it thanks you, alludes to the possibility of having other requests later on and disappears. This time the kid goes off crying because you didn't deliver his letter, but Karane and Pipit don't get together.

Oh, and that Groose guy... I know I'm not the only one singing the "Gaston" song when he comes around.

Soooo, how's everyone enjoying the gameee? :D
Just to be in the spirit, now when I drive, I listen to a Zelda CD that my friend burned for me...so while I'm cruising along the high way..I'm going...DOOT DOOOOO DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOO DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOOOOO DOO DOO DOO DOOOOOOOO DOO DOO DOO DO DOO DOOO.

Culinarily suggestible

My husband and I finished the game last night. Advice about that at the end of this.

Bad Player wrote:

Spoiler: Did any of you have this happen?
Ghirahim took Link's sword away and walked around with it making sarcastic comments for a while before Link recovered it somehow. Was playing this with a friend who had played a prerelease build and he was quite startled, because that hadn't happened in his game. We don't know whether it was added later or if it's something that has to be triggered, presumably by some degree of stupidity on the part of the player. >_<

Quote:
I'm really loving that there's a lot to do back at Skyloft too. Of course, you're the town's errand boy as always, but it's fun to walk around and start hearing rumors about different events. Also there's a ghost-sounding thing in the knight academy bathroom demanding paper. I don't even. Oh but about that quest...
Spoiler: not a big spoiler, but if you don't wanna know how the sidequests go...
I guess there's two options for it?
See, one of Groose's goons writes a love letter to that Karane girl and when the guy says, "It's paper...," Link's immediate reaction is to go >____> *screen pans to bathroom* I cracked up so hard.
But here you have two options: you can deliver the love letter like he asks, and Karane will tell you she's not interested. Pipit gets wind of it and interrupts the two to confess his love, so Karane and Pipit start dating and the other poor kid goes off crying. If you try to deliver the letter to the toilet spirity thing afterward, it just says "nevermiiiind about the paper" and disappears.

My brother tried giving the paper directly to the toilet spirit and IT'S A HAND COMING OUT OF THE TOILET. WHAT. Anyways, it thanks you, alludes to the possibility of having other requests later on and disappears. This time the kid goes off crying because you didn't deliver his letter, but Karane and Pipit don't get together.

Spoiler: the second option and what happens after that
The hand coming out of the toilet asking for paper is also in Link's Awakening, so that wasn't a surprise. (In that game the hand, on a very long arm, is just coming out of a hole in a building, but the building itself is labeled "Toilet" on the map.) Anyway, if you choose to give the letter to the hand, it says it's too shy to say what it will do with the letter... but later on, maybe even just the following night, you find out that it did indeed read the letter and consequently fell in love with the writer, Cawlin. Thereafter, if you visit his room (or rather, Groose's) at night, you'll see him whimpering in his sleep from a nightmare, while the hand rocks back and forth above him and murmurs tenderly about never leaving him. Of course, you get the gratitude crystals from the hand in that scenario instead of Karane or Pipit or whichever of them gives them to you if you delivered the letter to Karane. So the effect as far as Link is concerned is the same, but Cawlin is miserable and resentful for the rest of the game. Also, if you give the letter to the hand, Karane stops saying anything about Pipit and instead observes to Link how admirable he (Link) is becoming, or words to that effect.

Speaking of sidequests that have multiple possibilities, there's one more:
Spoiler: Item Check girl
You can choose between starting a secret, if one-sided, relationship with the item check girl or making sure she's not in a relationship as her father asks you to do. We didn't experiment with this one, just did the first. She calls Link "darling" for the rest of the game, while her father mutters darkly about the boy who's stolen his daughter's heart. The father asks you to find out who it is, and then you talk with the daughter and get (IIRC) several chances in that conversation to tell her you're not interested in her. Presumably if you take one of those choices she snubs you and you get gratitude from her father; otherwise, you get it from her. Doesn't seem to be any other impact in the game.

And now some fairly non-spoilery advice on the game. You'll be told explicitly by Fi when you're about to pass the point of no return ("I calculate there is a 0% chance of your being able to come back here without...) at the end, and given the option to back out. You might want to copy your game to an empty save slot, if you have one, at this point. After the game ending and credits and all you'll be given the option to restart the game in "hero mode" -- but choosing to do so will overwrite your game save with one that starts at the beginning of the game, so you won't be able to reload and do any side stuff you'd skipped over.

Culinarily suggestible

Apologies for the double post, but I just learned of a fatal, game-breaking bug in Skyward Sword, in which it is possible to save after making the game unfinishable. It's pretty late in the game, so I'll put some of it in spoiler tags, but for obvious reasons will leave the beginning of Nintendo's message identifying the part of the game in the clear.

Nintendo wrote:
We have been made aware of the issue that results in being unable to progress in the Song of the Hero quest. If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.

The situation is caused by performing the following sequence of events during the Song of the Hero quest:

Spoiler: what triggers the bug
1. At the beginning of the quest, going to Lanayru Desert to retrieve the song of the Thunder Dragon.

2. In the Lanayru Mine, speaking with Golo the Goron.

3. Completing the Thunder Dragon's event, and receiving his song.

4. Before heading to the forest or volcano regions, speaking with Golo in the mine again.

5. At this point, the forest and volcano events will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue.

Solutions:

• This issue WILL NOT OCCUR if the Fire and Water Dragon songs have already been collected before collecting the Thunder Dragon's song. Talking to Golo in the Lanayru Caves will also NOT trigger this issue.

• If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.

I wish I had a better answer, but I'm afraid there currently is no other fix available. I can assure, however, that we are documenting all feedback we receive on this issue. Thank you for your patience and support.

Alunissage wrote:
Spoiler: Did any of you have this happen?
Ghirahim took Link's sword away and walked around with it making sarcastic comments for a while before Link recovered it somehow. Was playing this with a friend who had played a prerelease build and he was quite startled, because that hadn't happened in his game. We don't know whether it was added later or if it's something that has to be triggered, presumably by some degree of stupidity on the part of the player. >_<

Spoiler: Happened to my bro XD
That never happened to me, but my brother was telling me that it apparently happened to him. I'm not sure how it happens, but I guess if you let him get your sword too many times, it triggers that action? (We play using the same game, so I don't think it was added in later.) Not sure, but now I kinda wanna see that happen. I like Ghirahim, so if it gives him a chance to be all lulzy and hammy, I welcome it XD

Concerning that bug... O.o I should tell my brother about that. He's much farther in the game than I am, so I don't wanna read the events in case I spoil myself, but maybe he'll know what part that's on. What I don't get is, how do you avoid this bug? I'm guessing the answer is, "just don't save at this point and get farther in the story before you do," but is it one of those points where it actually asks you, "would you like to save your game?" or is it when you save it yourself?

Culinarily suggestible

Jade wrote:
Concerning that bug... O.o I should tell my brother about that. He's much farther in the game than I am, so I don't wanna read the events in case I spoil myself, but maybe he'll know what part that's on. What I don't get is, how do you avoid this bug? I'm guessing the answer is, "just don't save at this point and get farther in the story before you do," but is it one of those points where it actually asks you, "would you like to save your game?" or is it when you save it yourself?

Oh, sorry... I guess that part is entirely behind the tags. It's actually very easy to avoid the bug (of course, or it wouldn't have taken this long to be found). At that point in the game you have to do three separate mini-quests which can be done in any order. The bug is triggered by (a) doing a particular one of them first and (b) talking to a particular NPC after completing that first one but before starting the others. In my playthrough I did do that particular part first, but apparently didn't bother backtracking to find that NPC afterward, so no issues. And of course if you just decide to do that mini-quest last of the three then it's no problem.

I decided to read what was behind the tags to be sure and... I think I'm already past that part? O.o
Spoiler: Am I?
I have gotten the first two flames (in Faron Woods and Lanayru Desert) so at this point I just barely did the Silent Realm thing for the volcano area. I guess I'm already past it ._.

Ooh, I see. So it's just doing those things in a specific order that would trigger it, and I doubt most people would do things in that order normally. Thanks for the info!

Culinarily suggestible

Jade wrote:
I decided to read what was behind the tags to be sure and... I think I'm already past that part? O.o
Spoiler: Am I?
I have gotten the first two flames (in Faron Woods and Lanayru Desert) so at this point I just barely did the Silent Realm thing for the volcano area. I guess I'm already past it ._.

Nope, it's still ahead. A tiny bit more info:
Spoiler: more detail
You'll be looking for three people to teach you three parts of a song, also in those three areas.

Quote:
Ooh, I see. So it's just doing those things in a specific order that would trigger it, and I doubt most people would do things in that order normally. Thanks for the info!

Well, it's just doing a specific thing first, so a one in three chance, but probably most people won't bother talking to the NPC again after doing that first quest.

HERP DERP, I get it now. Now I know what part you're talking about cuz now I'm /actually/ past that part, but I did the other two parts first, so I avoided that whole ordeal anyway. :] Still, it's good to know about it. I'm not done with the game yet, but I'm getting veeeery close.

Every new Zelda does a better job on Link's expressions than the past one, and Skyward Sword really gives Link a better variety of facial expressions. These later games also seem to have a Not So Stoic moment for him, and the one for this game... oh man; I kept shouting "SOMEBODY GIVE THIS BOY A HUG DDD8."

Oh man

Spoiler: Skyward Sword late-game
Has anyone here actually finished the Thunder Dragon's Silent Realm trial in under three minutes? Getting the Hylian Shield was a pain (HATE YOU Imprisoned 2 and Tentalus) but SR seems almost impossible; best I managed was like 3:47 in Faron Woods and that was running almost constantly :beef:

The Zelda Geek

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/09/wii-u-zeld ... ming-2014/

*Retinas melting, mouth drooling.*

Wii U Zelda is sounding like OoT.
Page 3 of 32 [ 1245 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station